Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mortgagemom
Stats: 218/212.8/145 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2014
Squash - nice loss

Kelly - I know it's hard to get back on track after a break, but you can do it!! Congrats on the 5k - I'm registered to do my first one end of May. I'm redoing my C25k program starting today!!

The big ugly mound of snow that has lived across the street from my house for the past 5 months has finally melted!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh, spring IS here

B: eggs and bacon
L: ??
D: leftover pork and cauliflower
S: cabbage soup

Have a great April Fool's Day everyone!!
mortgagemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning Ladies!

Squash, way to go with the loss....I'm ever so close to Onederland, I can't wait to join you!!!

Kelly, getting back on plan can be so hard after vacation!!! You can do it though, and that 2 pounds is not REAL weight.....likely just a little bloat, you'll flush it out in no time! Great menu BTW!

Theresa, a 5k at the end of May?!?! You go girl, you can do this!!! Glad the snow is finally melting for you....I am so done with snow in my lifetime....I do not miss it!!!

Well, the scale and I on hostile terms with one another right now. I'm beginning to think my scale has multiple personality disorder, and I DON'T like this personality!!! It's trying to tell me that I've gained 2 pounds, but I've been really good about eating. I confess I did have a couple ounces of Bourbon....LAST WEEK.....but that was days ago and I've been drinking tons of water to flush out my system. I am wondering though if flax muffins could cause an artificial gain? I've been making those lately and I REALLY like them....but I notice I am a little bloated....I wonder if they're causing me problems?? I think I shall eliminate them for a while and see what happens. I did account for them in my tracker, so I know my calories and carbs have been spot on.....so it's not a real 2 pound gain....it's just the scale being a real *$#!* Jerk!

Well now that I have that out of my system, how's everyone else doing???

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Tammy when I added flax oil to my diet it was a five pound gain and a TOM two weeks early. Most of the cancer protective effects of flax appear to be related to the estrogen system so it could be hormonal. I feel it will be helping me in the long run as it is a good source of ALA and I am at the age when estrogen starts to act up anyway. Flax seeds are really high in oil so it could be the same effect.
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Good Afternoon Ladies!

Theresa- Awesome about doing your first 5k!! I did the couch 2 5k program too and it does work! I still use the app all the time to tell me how far I am running when I go out. I notice too I run better with music on and I actually run better in a 5k scenrio than running by myself at home.

Tammy- you are so close to wonderland! What day is your daughter’s wedding? Also just like you tell me those 2 pounds aren’t real weight. Prob the boating you feel

I’m back on track and did good yesterday. The scale already went down! I had a grueling dentist apt yesterday and I couldn’t eat much after since my mouth was sore. I think that helped me. Lol. Will go to boot camp tonight after work too. Just have to focus. I warned my kids already that I might be mean the next couple days…lol….does that happen to you guys going back into ketosis? I notice for the first couple of days with low carbs that I get mean and have very little patience.

My boot camp place does these 6 week challenges. They are called body transformation contests and there are prizes. First prize is $1,000 cash. I am going to do it. It starts April 14th. I have done a bunch of them. I never win because the diet is stricter than I can follow but I do get a good amount of weight loss when I do the 6 weeks and try to start on track as best as I can. I am trying to get my friend to do it with me but she is already backing out.

Hope you are all having a great day!

B- 2 hardboiled eggs
S- Cocoa covered almonds
L- Grilled chicken on salad with Cesar dressing
D- Protein shake
Old 04-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well shoot, I was trying to post pictures but can't get it to work. Anyone have a website they use to link the URL for photos?
Old 04-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ladies,

Squash....that's very interesting about the flax oil....I hadn't even considered that when I made the muffins, but I'm pretty sure that they're the culprit....they're the only thing different in my WOE. I've put them all in the freezer and we'll see what happens over the next few days.

Kelly....$1,000?!?!?! Girl, you can survive 6 weeks for $1000!!! You could make a tremendous transformation.....go for it, we'll be your cheerleaders!!!

How's everyone else doing???

Things are good here, it's been unusually stressful at work though. I had to be in court all morning this morning, and I have to be back tomorrow afternoon......it seems we're suddenly dealing with an epic number of angry, hostile people lately....I do not understand why people have to be so darn mean spirited?!?!?! I've been angry at businesses, or others over the years but it's never once occurred to me to curse someone out, or threaten them, yet lately that seems to be a daily occurrence for me.....it's very wearying! Oh well, This too shall pass, and we will be victorious! Eating is on plan, and I will NOT be derailed by all of the stressful garbage.....that's a big victory for me right there!

I hope everyone else is having a great day.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
well shoot, I was trying to post pictures but can't get it to work. Anyone have a website they use to link the URL for photos?
Tasha, we've missed you!!! I usually just upload the photos as an attachment straight from my computer....so I've never used another program. I've heard that photobucket works though??

How are you??? How is the new baby??? So many questions!!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope these work and aren't too big.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, they are big, but there they are

Mom and baby are fine. She ended up having her natural although she had planned on using an epidural.....little Rylee wanted to come faster than they thought. We hadn't even made it to the hospital yet she came so fast. 6 lbs 8 oz, 20 inches long. She is so sweet, looks exactly like Ella did when she was born and they all keep telling me she has my nose. Well....my daughter looks like her dad, my son looks like my brother and Ella doesn't look anything like me so it's about time someone had something that looked like me. Sure did enjoy my time off and keeping Ella for so many days. We played and colored and did her nails and toes and her hair and watched movies....and all good things must come to an end, so am back at work today

I am also back on induction starting today. Weighed 222.5 this morning boooooo

B: 2 scrambled eggs
L: Emerald Isle soup
D: Steak n mushroom with riced cauliflower

Hope everyones doing well, I've tried to keep up but have missed several days.....

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 04-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Tasha, O.M.G......That first pic is PRECIOUS!!! the baby is beautiful, and you my friend are a beautiful Grandma!!!

So glad everyone is well, and don't sweat the induction.....you've got this! That weight will come flying off!!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aww thanks Tammy I'm pretty smitten with them both

Not sure what I'm doing today, I was so tired last night, supper didn't go well and have already broken into the sweet tea this morning dang it. Didn't bring lunch and have no clue what I'm making for supper. Not a good way to start the day off. Dd and dgd's were at the house last night and so much going on, too easy to think of something else to fix. I've got to get out of this funk I'm in and stick my stupid nose to the grindstone!

Hope everyone else is doing far better than I am. I keep thinking.....today will be the day I start and then in three months I will be feeling so much better. I don't want to hide again this summer and turn down invites to the river because of all my fatness I love doing things like that but more often than not will find a reason not to go. Have to break the cycle!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
I am here - I have been MIA

I have been doing ok with food, and excellent with exercise. The trainer is really working me hard both Tuesday and Wednesday, then tonite and Saturday am, is my spin class.

I never got on scale this week so I will tomorrow.

Tasha - those pics are adorable. Ella is such the big sister! We need to stop the insanity because you know this summer, we need to fit into our thong bikinis Come on, we can do this!!!

Tammy - good for us, eating on plan even with the stress!

Kelly - for getting back on track!

Hi to everyone else and I will BBL -

Cheryl
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Tasha CONGRATS and those pictures are adorable.....You look way to young to be a grandma! I miss having a baby around. I always wanted one more but got too old. I will have to wait for the grandchildren. Babies are just so precious!

Back on track but going into ketosis makes me cranky or have no patience.

Our summer/spring weather is here now so I am going to see if there is such a thing as a low carb or low sugar frozen cocktail I can enjoy this weekend!

B- hard boiled eggs
S- almonds
L- grilled chicken on salad
D- protein shake

have a great day ladies!
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone When Ella came along, I thought I was too young to be a Grandma....was 42 then.....now I'm good with it, I'll be 47 this year It didn't take long to adjust to it and everything everyone ever said about Grandkids being more fun, they SO are! I let my house go and play when Ella is there, I'm not nearly as uptight as I was when I was in my early 20's and it makes it so much more fun! Sad that we are so caught up in the rat race when we are younger that we miss that part of our kids lives.

and Cheryl.....the thought of me in a thong anything is enough to blind someone! and people seeing it would be like
Old 04-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Good Point Tasha! I sometimes try to do what you are saying but need to get better about it. I'm 41 and my youngest is 6 (12 and 14 the other two) and I am always uptight about the mess around with 3 boys. I spend the weekends cleaning and laundry and food shopping. I know I have to get it done but if I could be more relaxed about the house it would make it more fun. I told my husband my goal is to start doing one fun thing on the weekends with the boys rather than chores. This weekend I am taking them Mini-golfing!
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've always been like that with my kids Kelly. Now my kids are grown, my dd is 26 and ds is 20. I sure wish I had spent more 'quality' time with them. Nothing at all to show for my clean house and tidy yard......and my kids are gone. Really sad what we put ourselves through and that I didn't see it until the last 5 years. Always so worried about everything being in its place and all the while my kids were growing growing growing and gone. My dad(who is gone now) always said....I don't want it to say on my tombstone "He was really good at his job".....and that really hit home with me. At the end of the day, there is a satisfaction of doing a job well, but so much more having wonderful memories of your family.....and theirs of you!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Tasha congrats on the new one! What a cutie.
Kelly I have felt that too, just during transition. Going from ketosis to carbs has its down side in feeling yuk so I guess it a two way street.
Tammy like everything else good moderation may be the key. So sorry to hear about all the mean people. I hope better things await once you get past the first of the month. It really can be bad. Hang in there. I'm rooting for you.
I cant believe you guys are running marathons and working out so faithfully. That is awesome. I live out of town but I try to go for a walk every day. Hoping this will serve me well as I get older. When summer comes I may try adding another form of exercise.
Glad everyone is well and a work in progress. I know we can all do this because we are.
Did you know the guy who invented Vaseline supposedly ate a tablespoon of it a day and lived to be healthy and 96.
Not my first choice for a fat but I cant knock the concept.............
Old 04-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Oh I was going to ask if anyone had tried the Erythritol Netrition sells?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Tasha!!!! The baby is beautiful and clearly gets her looks from Grandma!! So fun seeing the kiddos And you are SO right about being uptight with our own kids. I always say the same thing. When I'm with my grandsons, I'm not distracted like I was as a mom. So happy for you and yours!!

Tammy - I love the MIM's but think they stalk me too. Seems everything stalls me! LOL! Oh but I did find coconut milk for $1.48 a can at Walmart - yay!! Sorry about your month end. It will get better

Squash - interesting about the Vaseline. My mom used to heat up Vicks on a spoon then mix honey with it and have us swallow it when we had sore throats. It says on the bottle not to take internally, but hey - maybe Vaseline says that too??

Kelly - have fun mini-golfing!!

Cheryl - just reading your posts about exercising makes me sweat! You go girl!! You and your hot trainer

Nothing new or exciting on my end. No thongs on my end either! I have enough trouble keeping my granny panties out of my crack, let alone purposely putting a string in there!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:21 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, I am up 1.5 pound and have no idea why????? I feel like eating a whole pizza

Theresa - if you go on facebook or go to his web site - name is Jeff Urcan and website, I believe, is TwoFitPros.com = then you will see how hot he is

Squash - my grandmother ate a tablespoon a day of Vaseline - it used to make me sick - she lived to be 86.

Tasha - it was just me and the girls since Ashley was like 3 so I spent a lot of time with them even though the other stuff got in the way sometimes. But don't have any regrets, because they probably had a wonderful childhood with you as their Mom. It is so funny, though, how as we get older, what doesn't seem important now. Enjoy those grandkids - I can't wait!!

BBL
Old 04-04-2014, 04:52 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Did someone say thong? Not on this hiney, too old for that. But a couple weeks ago I saw one on a 40+ yo woman at a junior high volleyball school game, and not only that her whole rear was hanging out with the string at the top. Of course she was sitting in front in riser seating so a 100 people behind her saw dang near everything. My mom took a pic and all the kids moved away. Everytime someone sat next to dh they moved. It was freezing in the gym how could you not feel your whole azz was hanging out. It was disturbing at a school event.

On the good news front I got rid of the bloat and it took a friend with it, so all is good today.

Happy friday everyone! School is cancelled, its snowing supposed to get 12-15 inches, i am so tired of it. Emailed mom yesterday to say" are you ready for 12 inches"? oops!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michelle, I was thinking of you when I saw on the news all the snow you were supposed to get. We had severe thunderstorms and tornadoes all around us last night until around 2:30am.....not much sleep when the weather alarm goes off every 10 minutes for another warning. I know how tired we were of the snow/cold this year and we didn't have it as bad as you did! Hoping spring comes to you soon!

Cheryl - drink lots of water and that 1.5 will go away. Your trainer isn't bad, he reminds me of someone from a soap opera though.....the name/face escapes me now LOL

All this talk of eating vicks and vaseline makes me wanna erf.... Yuck Yuck

Well, gotta get to work. not doing so well right now but am going to make out my menu for next week and get to the store, going to try to make easier things to fix this week then maybe I won't be so apt to not want to make dinner when I get home if it is a quick fix!

Have a great Friday!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Emailed mom yesterday to say" are you ready for 12 inches"? oops!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - LOL!! Hope your mom has a sense of humor!! Sorry about the snow, but glad we're just south enough to miss this one.

Cheryl - I refuse to look up what your trainer really looks like. I'd rather stick with what I have going on in my own head!!

I'm at the hospital today with DH who is having a colonoscopy - the joys of turning 50! I'm starving because I didn't want to eat in front of him last night or this morning. I was sneaking bites of sausage and cheese last night every time he went to the bathroom, but I didn't have a real dinner. I could venture into the cafeteria, but eh, I'd rather wait till we get home so I'm not tempted to eat something bad.

Wishing everyone a good day!!
mortgagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Yes saw all the news about the tornado warnings thats just frightening- stay safe!! Theresa glad you are getting to miss the misery of this storm, yikes colonoscopy!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Emailed mom yesterday to say" are you ready for 12 inches"? oops!
That is AWESOME.....Thank you for the Friday morning chuckle!!

Theresa, you're too much!! Did you hear that Magic Mike is making a sequel??? Seriously! Sorry DH is having a colonoscopy......poor guy...hope it goes well!

Tasha, I heard about the Tornadoes......Stay safe, what an awful thing to deal with, I do not miss those!! As for the mistakes we made with kiddos, you know, my motto is that I did the very best I could and love heals a multitude of wounds!! It's very interesting (and usually hysterical) to hear their perspectives of their childhood now that they're adults.....they sometimes have some odd recollections, but over all they remember the love more than the mistakes....we sweat those things far more than they do. Besides your reward for surviving their teenage years is the grandbabies that YOU get spoil and THEY have to raise!

Cheryl, you're up 1.5 from all the working out.....Muscles retain water and you've been working those puppies hard!!! My son is a personal trainer (And yes Theresa, he's hot ) and the very first thing he warns his new female clients is to NOT FREAK OUT when the scale creeps up because of this.....he does body fat analysis with them so that when that DOES Happen he can do another body fat analysis test and show them the fat that they've lost.....and he swears that they ALWAYS show a loss in body fat. You're doing just fine!!! Really....if your eating has been decent then you're not gaining fat.

Squash, Vaseline??? I'll bet he was regular though!

Kelly, I think that is a fabulous goal!!! Those are the types of memories that your kids will remember when they're grown and gone......and the chores you have them do will teach them responsibility.....you need BOTH sides of the equation!

Well ladies, TGIF....Court the past two days went well, I won both cases....which is easy when it's an eviction and they show up with no intention to pay.....but hey, at least I get rid of the trouble residents! Eating is still good......yesterday ended up being a much higher carb day than usual....all legal carbs, and I'm still in ketosis....just much higher than usual. I deliberately did not get on the scales this morning because I'm not sure I want to see how my body responded to it! Still dairy free, and I put the flax muffins in the freezer.....so hopefully I flush out the extra pound and show a loss by Monday. I hope everyone is having a fabulous day and has great plans for the weekend!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tammy, how do you make your flax muffins? Are they good? I bought some flax and never used it, was afraid of what the outcome would be. Once I start induction, I need to add some fiber badly!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Theresa, you're too much!! Did you hear that Magic Mike is making a sequel??? Seriously! Sorry DH is having a colonoscopy......poor guy...hope it goes well!
ahhh.....Magic Mike.....
Old 04-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Been busy so I just wanted to come in quick and tell of you to BEHAVE and have a great weekend!