Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
Hey, all!

Ok, not happy. Put me at 193 for this challenge, ugh - I am going the wrong way!
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning ladies!

Yay for baby news!!!

Cheryl, don't sweat it.....you'll rock this challenge!!! You've been working out like a fiend.....likely your muscles are retaining water AND you're probably putting muscle on too!

Michelle, glad to hear you're still here....you can do this!! Drink lots of water, you'll lose the bloat in no time at all!

Squash, Good job on the loss....I would LOVE to be in the 180's....that's still 30 pounds away for me!

Theresa, Tasha, how are you girls doing??

Everything's good here....indulged in a little bourbon last night....I do that so rarely these days....I thoroughly enjoyed it!! My eating was good all day and I'm still in ketosis....I'll avoid the scale for a few days though while I flush my system with copious amounts of water!

Have a great day everyone!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mortgagemom
Stats: 218/212.8/145 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2014
Good morning ladies!!!

Tasha - HAPPY HAPPY for the baby news!!! Please post a pic of that little angel!!

Cheryl - no doubt all that working out is adding muscle! If it's okay with you, I'm going to visualize your trainer as a hot 30 something with glistening muscles and a pearly white smile

Tammy - glad you're still in ketosis Good luck with the water intake and multitude of bathroom breaks

Squash - the menu looks great! I've been adding a pad of KerryGold butter to my morning coffee when I don't do a BPC to keep my fat ratio up. I swear I'm addicted to KeeryGold butter - YUM

Michelle - I hate it when candy jumps into my face - stupid candy Oh well, today is a new day

Kelly - heeeelllooooooo??????

Well, I gotta get going. Dropping off a resume at a local bank and grocery shopping. Hoping to find some of that awesome coconut cream, cheese and other non-dairy goodness. Have a great day!!

Last edited by mortgagemom; 03-27-2014 at 09:20 AM..
mortgagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Cheryl Thanks for the welcome, your tan looks so nice.
Theresa I haven't added butter to my induction yet but I may in the future so I can rotate my fats a little.
Tammy, You seem well on your way. I am already looking forward to you posts each day.
Food yesterday was same as before except I had a chicken breast on my dinner salad and a celery with cream cheese instead of mozz.
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgagemom View Post
If it's okay with you, I'm going to visualize your trainer as a hot 30 something with glistening muscles and a pearly white smile

Well, I gotta get going. Dropping off a resume at a local bank and grocery shopping. Hoping to find some of that awesome coconut cream, cheese and other non-dairy goodness. Have a great day!!
You kill me Theresa!!! OMG....I finally watched Magic Mike the other night for the first time, and I swear I thought of you!!! How'd it go at the bank and grocery shopping??? Did you find the coconut cream? Yes, I should just move my desk into the bathroom as I'm in there non-stop today! Thank heavens I have my own private bath in my office....no waiting!

Thanks for the sweet words squash! I am bound and determined that THIS time is THE time!! Even my DH says he's never seen me so determined!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Good Morning Ladies!

This Momma had a nice Spring Break vacation! It went fast but belive it or not at the end of it I was looking for my structure back (diet, boot camp and sleep) lol…. I used and abused my body but had a great time! So did the kids. I was iffy about wearing my bathingsuit but my one friend gave me a nice compliment so it helped. I know I need this bunny challenge because come June I want to be more comfortable in summer clothes and a bathigsuit. I did good and only ganied 2 pounds! I couldn’t believe it with all I ate and all I drank but I am happy about it.

Welcome Sqaush!! This is a great bunch of ladies with great motivation!

Tasha- Congrats on the grandaughter!! Rylee is a beautiful name! I named my son Ryley….. sometimes I feel bad giving him a more common girls name but I just loved that name and wanted him to have a nice Irish name!

Theresa- Thanks for checking on me . Sorry you had a funeral to go to ….. hope the scale is being good to you now

Tammy- I LOVE your motivation! I love that your son bought you a kettle bell too, that’s a great gift!

Cheryl- how is the workouts with the trainer going?

Do ya’ll want me to keep the spreadsheet again? If so this is who I have so far: Tammy, Theresa, Tasha, Cheryl and myself. Squash what was your starting weight? Anybody else I am forgetting?

Happy Friday!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc15652 View Post
Good Morning Ladies!

This Momma had a nice Spring Break vacation! It went fast but belive it or not at the end of it I was looking for my structure back (diet, boot camp and sleep) lol…. I used and abused my body but had a great time! So did the kids. I was iffy about wearing my bathingsuit but my one friend gave me a nice compliment so it helped. I know I need this bunny challenge because come June I want to be more comfortable in summer clothes and a bathigsuit. I did good and only ganied 2 pounds! I couldn’t believe it with all I ate and all I drank but I am happy about it.

Welcome Sqaush!! This is a great bunch of ladies with great motivation!

Tasha- Congrats on the grandaughter!! Rylee is a beautiful name! I named my son Ryley….. sometimes I feel bad giving him a more common girls name but I just loved that name and wanted him to have a nice Irish name!

Theresa- Thanks for checking on me . Sorry you had a funeral to go to ….. hope the scale is being good to you now

Tammy- I LOVE your motivation! I love that your son bought you a kettle bell too, that’s a great gift!

Cheryl- how is the workouts with the trainer going?

Do ya’ll want me to keep the spreadsheet again? If so this is who I have so far: Tammy, Theresa, Tasha, Cheryl and myself. Squash what was your starting weight? Anybody else I am forgetting?

Happy Friday!!!
Kelly, welcome back....we missed you!!!!! I for one love the spreadsheet! My starting weight was 213. So glad you had a great time on vacation and a 2 pound gain is nothing, you'll lose that in no time!! You must have stayed active enough to keep burning fat and calories.....good job!!

Happy Friday everyone! I peeked at the scale this morning and I was down another pound, which I was very happy for after the other nights little bourbon indulgence.....hoping to maybe even drop a little more before Monday's official weigh in!

So, even though I'm trying the whole dairy free thing, the one thing I do still keep around is butter because it's more of a fat than a dairy product and I really love it in my BPC. But I have to know....does anyone use Kerrygold butter instead of regular salted butter??? I see posts every now and then where people RAVE about how amazing it is, and my son finally just had to try it.....so he bought some. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't get the hype???? I made my BPC this morning with it and it's good....but I don't see a huge noticeable difference....not enough to justify the price anyway because Kerrygold isn't cheap!! It's also unsalted.....I kind of like the little salty kick in my BPC with regular butter......maybe I'm missing something???

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Psst Tammy! Come here a minute...

Found some geisha coconut milk in my cupboard woohoo i think. Its super thick like cream 2 oz=120 cals and 12 g of fat makes it come in at 90% fat. Is that about what your coconut cream runs? Ima drinkin' it in my coffee right now... seeing if I can pull off a fat fast day today

Thanks Doll!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Psst Tammy! Come here a minute...

Found some geisha coconut milk in my cupboard woohoo i think. Its super thick like cream 2 oz=120 cals and 12 g of fat makes it come in at 90% fat. Is that about what your coconut cream runs? Ima drinkin' it in my coffee right now... seeing if I can pull off a fat fast day today

Thanks Doll!
Yep, I haven't seen the Geisha brand I use Sprouts store brand, but that sounds like it!!! Isn't it great?!?!?! You can whip it up with a little sweetener just like whipped cream and it's sooooo awesome!!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kelly 3/24 190
Old 03-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Yes I have been brainstorming ideas to come up with a frozen concoction for something sweet tonight. hmm hmm hmmm Thanks Tammy!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Yes I have been brainstorming ideas to come up with a frozen concoction for something sweet tonight. hmm hmm hmmm Thanks Tammy!
Well if you come up with a good please share!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Good day so far today.
Same breakfast.
Cod on salad for lunch. coffee
chicken and salad for dinner coffee
going to have some or all of a Chocoperfection bar
Day 12 of induction
Old 03-29-2014, 03:37 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Yea finally all the way back down from my indescretion. Please let me keep going so I can get a new low!

Closed the house yesterday. If dh would have been here (hes at a convention) we probably would have celebrated and i would have screwed up another 4 days so that worked out hehe. Did miss him at the closing hes my rock and I have never done that before just needed the hand holding thing but it was quick and painless.

Wish I could have slept in this morn these early mornings are killing me hopefully can take a nap later.

Its funny Penelope -the dog in the pic usually sleeps with me but the last 2 nights she has put herself on watch duty with DH gone and has slept in the living room and that left the 3 cats to fight over my bed and those 3 I call the 3 dwarves Happy, cranky, and stupid. (not their real names) but pretty well fits them and they do not get along at all, fun times!

Alice aka-stupid is really just very inbred we think. Sweetest cat ever but dumb last summer she managed to start venturing out on the back deck and over 2 months or so she made it to the top of the stairs about 10 feet from the door so 1 day the deer came to the back door we had twins last year so the deer watching was special and she saw the deer and went right on down the stairs and right up to the deer, this cat is afraid of everything BUT DEER apparently. So we were keeping an eye on her then I went inside to get apples and DH forgot so I come back out say "wheres Alice" and DH says "I dunno" so the search was on for 2 days we called and called and searched. Well we have a pole barn which had been searched multiple times a day and guess where she was- DD was on the trampoline and saw her finally peeking out about ready to spend night 3 out there. This barn is 20 feet from the house and she couldnt find her way to the house with us calling her all day jeez we musta been 4 feet from her multiple times but she wont meow or peek from behind a bin come on!

Dang I really did get up too early now I am rambling. Good morning guys!

Last edited by MichelleHu; 03-29-2014 at 03:39 AM..
Old 03-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone! DH bought a smoker last night. I'll only have to worry about sides for awhile till the newness wears off. We're headed to the butcher shop today

Tammy - I STILL haven't found your awesome coconut products. Nothing at the Piggly Wiggly, but I was rushed and it wasn't my usual "Pig".

Michelle - congrats on the closing and finding kitty. We had an inbred cocker spaniel growing up. Stupidest dog ever but one of my favorites Hope you get that nap today!!

Stay strong over the weekend

Last edited by mortgagemom; 03-29-2014 at 06:31 AM..
Old 03-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the smoker Theresa.
Michelle and Tammy you talked me into getting a can of the coconut milk last night and trying it in my coffee this morning. It is different but I am going to try and switch. I am used to making curry out of the coconut cream.
I dont know if its true but I read that switching all your fat to coconut oil would result in a loss of 36 lbs a year because it is utilized by the body for fuel rather than stored as fat so I'm game to try and switch as much as I can right now. Thanks for that info.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday!!

Michelle, Great job on the loss! You sound like me with the animals....I love animals! Unfortunately DH is very allergic so I have to love vicariously through everyone else's pets. Congrats on the closing, that's a big stress gone for you!

Theresa, the smoker sounds fabulous, let us know how it works out for you!

Squash, I love coconut oil, I buy it two bottles at a time because we use so much of it......I have been long convinced that it has amazing benefits!!

How's everyone else doing? Having a great weekend here, just doing laundry and grocery shopping.....though I am going to head out for a pedicure very shortly!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:42 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Ohh I want a pedi! So relaxing

Squash I hear ya, I figured it was good for cutting some dairy out. I bought some avacado oil to make some homemade mayo hoping to cut the crap in the hellmans and get another nice healthy fat going. Really hoping that helps cause I am a serious mayo girl. And I thought the avacado might make a yummy mayo or lemon mayo gonna find out

I figure if I am eating all the preservatives in the standard food chain we have now I am getting preserved, No wonder I used to walk around like a mummy I was preserved!. Au naturelle is best.

So if anyone has a easy mayo recipe let me have it cause I used the last of the hellmans last night.

Did a dang near fatfast 85% yesterday had to have a hamburger patty for dinner. Just that protein for dinner then keeps me all night, well and the 3 tbls of mayo. embarrassed to type that. Hence I should really make my mayo as healthy as possible.

Going to try to do it again today

Theresa its in a can in the asian area with the ponzu and soy, curry stuff, mine doesnt say "cream" on it it says "coconut milk" but shaking the can you can tell its pretty thick in there
Old 03-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Hubby and I had "haystack" eggs and bacon this morning outside in our rockers, in the sun, while keeping an eye on the smoker with a 10 lb pork shoulder and slab of ribs We're still grinning from ear to ear over the Badgers win last night and my jeans are really loose today. Of course I haven't washed them in 3 days though. I love the feeling of 3 day old jeans I'm just in a REALLY good mood this morning
Old 03-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

So I am drinking my coffee 1 tablespoon each cow cream and Coconut milk until i get used to it.
Michelle I had not thought about making mayonnaise but what a good idea!
I'm not eating much mayonnaise now but if its okay to copy everyone all the the time later down the road I might try that myself. I take fish and flax oil along with my CO.
Theresa what is "haystack"?
Tammy a pedicure sounds sooooo nice.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday!

Michelle, I've never made Mayo, but I've heard it's super easy.....let us know how it turns out!

Theresa, I'll bet it smells amazing at your place with all of that meat smoking! Hey loose jeans are awesome.....even if they haven't been washed in 3 days!

Squash, Absolutely keep track of everyone's ideas.....that's why we're all here, to help each other learn!

The pedicure was AWESOME!! Desperately overdue.....now my toes are a lovely hue of red! Eating is on track, I need to find ways to start incorporating exercise. I have a kettlebell, I just need to start actually using it....This shall be my goal this week!

How's everyone else doing this weekend?
Old 03-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Hey hey hey the mayo turned out delicious, used alton browns recipe left out the sugar and used half olive half avocado oil, I am eating it now. I am impressed and a great consistancy. Its a win, will eventually experiment with different flavors.

And while I was looking for the ground mustard in the cabinet I came across tomato bullion so I said self if you put that in your fat free beef broth get it heated and tomato-y then add 2 tbls HWC dang you would have creamy tomato soup.

Perfect for an upping the fat day and it was also delicious in a fatfast way.Hitting 87 percent fat today and thats with my hamburger dinner. Might be able to pull off 1 more almost fatfast day tomorrow. then i need some veg!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Turkey and boiled eggs and coffee again, I like this breakfast will probably stick with it.
Chicken with Parmesan on salad
Celery w/ cream cheese & coffee
Chicken w/Parmesan salad
Another choco perfection bar
Ketosis strip was finally as dark as it can get today !
Old 03-31-2014, 04:25 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

I think I can pull off 1 more day but I am adding a veg. Cucumbers to some tuna salad should do it tonight for dinner. Need some crunch. Hit 85% cant do a proper fatfast I gotta have protein. Hamburger patty again last night. Yes veg woohoo and that was only 2 days I think now gotta just stay in NK ranges.

But holy cow can I tell I am deep Keto, this getting up so early stinks got up at 4:30 the other day so thankful I made it to almost 6 this morn. Tried afternoon nap but too much energy. And Happy too is a person supposed to be this happy, but a touch scatterbrained. weird
Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

What a completely awesome day yesterday was!!! Temps in 50's with plenty of sun and little to no wind We have been so over due for a nice day! DH and I were outside with the smoker and got to see a lot of neighbors who were out with their dogs. I even got a little sun burn on my face

The smoked shoulder was delish paired with some steamed green beans and KerryGold butter on top! YUM!!

Tammy - I finally found some coconut cream. I can live with that in my coffee but I'll need to find a less expensive brand. I paid over $3.00 for a small can I'm a little coffee with my cream sort of gal, so I can't afford that! Your pedicure sounds wonderful Also - KG butter comes in a salted version. I LOVE the stuff and gladly pay $3 per block, but I use regular butter to cook with and KG to top stuff and in my BFC.

Squash - haystacks are thinly sliced onions grilled in oil, fried eggs, bite sized bacon, and cheddar cheese stacked in a nice yummy pile It's an old recipe I found right here on LCF when I first did Atkins back in 2003. That's what we do here - learn from each other

Michelle - congrats on upping your fat. I'm still wanting to do a fat fast, but having trouble planning it out. And although DH is on board with this WOE, I'm not sure he would understand the FF. Your creamy tomato soups sounds devine!!

B: BPC
L: tuna salad
D: grilled chicken breast and broccoli

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by mortgagemom; 03-31-2014 at 05:45 AM..
Old 03-31-2014, 08:25 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

Everyone ready for Monday?!?!?! It's the first of the month here.....which is our BUSIEST time of the month. Everyone and their dog is paying rent.....well unfortunately not EVERYONE....I have two court cases this week for evictions.....I hate going to court!

Michelle, very cool on the mayo! Was it as easy as they say? Very clever idea for the tomato soup....I will have to remember that little trick! Congrats on the ketosis....Yes I have lots of energy when I'm in ketosis too. More so at first, it seems to level out as time goes by. I have not been out of ketosis since Jan.1.....this is a new all time achievement for me!

Squash, Way to go with the keto strip.....doesn't that feel great when you finally get there? I still check mine every day just because I need to see that silly purple stick....it keeps me motivated and on track. Great menu too!!

Theresa, ouch that is expensive!! Do you have any sort of Sprouts, Wild Oats, or Whole Foods around? I know at Sprouts I can get it for about $1.60 per can.....it's their store brand. How about any sort of Asian grocery store? They should have it for super cheap!! I should check on Netrition and Amazon too, I'd be curious to see what they're selling it for.

Well kids, everyone have a great Monday!! I didn't weight this morning, slept in and was running late....so I'll do my official weigh in tomorrow. See you later!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Forgot to post 212.8
Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Michelle I know what you mean about scatter brained. I notice it most when typing. Mistakes in hitting wrong keys. Great that you have been keeping it going!
Theresa Thanks . Coconut cream runs 3.99 here but I found the coconut milk for 1.69 in the ethnic food section. Health food stores here actually carry coconut creamer with vanilla but I haven't ever looked them over.
Tammy, yes purple is good.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Theresa post must have posted while I was writing mine. Wahoo Theresa.
186 this morning
Old 04-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
CONGRATS to Squash and Theresa! Way to go ladies!!

Theresa you crack me up with those 3 day jeans. I am the same way ...I cant stand my jeans fresh out of the dryer...YUCK.... lol

Well ladies I have to confess I have not gotten back on the program since my spring break vacation last week. Gained another 2 pounds. So i am going right back on it today and going back to serious like I was for the St Patricks Day challenge. Up a total of 4 pounds since then.so at 184 now...Boo! goes to show you its all diet, diet, diet because I still hit my boot camp and even ran a 5k race on saturday. Its true what they say you cant out train a poor diet. I also notice I did better when I was posting what I was eating everyday. So i'll start doing that again today.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

B- eggs with spinach
s- almonds
L- Salad with tuna
D- protein shake
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote