Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Hippity Hop~Easter Slimdown Challenge~ (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/822460-hippity-hop-easter-slimdown-challenge.html)

lotus33 02-09-2014 12:32 PM

Hippity Hop~Easter Slimdown Challenge~

:hiya:

My family panned a Disney vacation for Easter week and I NEED to lose before we go or I will never be able to do that walking!!

My goal is to lose 40 lbs by then! Hefty goal for sure but doable.

I am going to start walking to build up to be able to walk all day. I do NOTHING now so its a slow start for me but I am not going to ruin the whole vacation because I can't keep up with my family!

Guidelines to help me succeed.....feel free to post yours too!

*Weigh in every Sun-to avoid the weekend overeat!
*Weigh in every Wed for a mid week check
*Stick to diet plan
*Have 1 and only 1 cheat meal per week
*Stretching every morning
*Walk 5 miles the first week or 20 min 5x a week
*Add minutes every week to build up to 1 hr straight walking
*Drink water...every day....blech!!
*Go to bed by 10
*check in for support daily!

I am starting today! Wish me luck!!! :jumpjoy:

brista 02-22-2014 09:18 AM

You can do it! :)

mcchimento 02-22-2014 09:32 AM

I'll join in

Easter is April 20. That is approximately 2 months.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs. I seem to be losing at that rate right now so this is doable.

Start weight: 239.8 lbs

*Weigh in every Sunday. I do anyway. This is my official weigh in day.
*Weigh in every Thursday - day I actually started taking it seriously
*Stick to diet plan
*No cheat day
*Start my planned exercise regimen
*Drink water! I drink weak lemon tea all day long but need to drink water.
*Try to go to bed by 10 (busy time of the year for my job- we will see)
*check in for support daily!

lotus33 02-22-2014 10:10 AM

:hiya:

Thanks Brista!

Thanks for joining in mcchimento! You've had some great success already!! Very cool! :up:

Oh I am struggling with the water still! I just have a terrible diet coke addiction so water is just so blah! Can you make a jug of your tea and keep in the fridge? *maybe* that would help me!

lotus33 02-22-2014 09:02 PM

I have a really hard time eating breakfast in the morning so I was at the store today and got some protein powder and one of those blender bottles. I had not seen those before, pretty cool little things! I can keep one at work and one here at home so I can at least have a shake when I cant eat. I dont eat breakfast during the week and a lot of the time lunch either doesn't happen or its like 2:00 before I get a chance. Then I am starving and eat the remainder of the night. :stars: Not good! This should help keep me on track and I can totally fit in a shake and still work!

lotus33 02-23-2014 11:37 AM

Well I am up this morning :annoyed: 220

I really havent started full on yet though. Sort of easing in. I tend to not get very far if I go all out at the start!

Stepping it up this week though! Hope to see some movement on the scales!

DD and I are cooking up a storm today getting things prepped and convenient to grab and go!