Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Hi ladies
See what you've done.....now, I've started reading my posts with an accent too lol.
vella_marie, you know how they say something is 'empty' calories in eating?
Scales are 'empty' torture...any suffering without chocolate in the picture is empty.
Jokes aside...scales mess with my mental health.
It singularly possesses the power to make or break my day.
It does not matter how irrational the reading is, how well I have done or how my clothes fit...any reading that's not downwards just takes my mood down.
I feel your angst. Pay it no mind...easier said than done I know.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Happy Friday everyone! I survived the blizzard last night and made it to work this morning. Hope everyone who got hit is doing well--saw lots of cars in the snowbanks this morning!! I was down about #1 this morning on the scale which is nice because I haven't really lost anything since Monday. I did get TOM around Tuesday so I suspect thats the culprit, but Im going to keep on keeping on with my food. Im starting to feel really good and Im definitely not very hungry so I know I'm in ketosis. I check my strips about every 3x days but as long as I stay between 20-35g net I'm usually in it no problem. Here's my tentative food for the day (its going to get pretty boring for me soon, my crock-pot chili made about 10 servings so I will be eating that almost everyday and I am trying to get through that and my eggs in the fridge before I get to the store )

B:
-1 BPC (1.5 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, 1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Creamer)
L:
-8.5 oz. Beef Chili W-1/8 Cup Cheddar & 1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
-1/2 Cup Sugar Free Jell-O
D:
-3 Eggs Scrambled W-1 Tbsp. Smart Balance
-3 Slices Bacon
S:
-1 Coffee W-1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Creamer
-2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
-1 Tsp. Spirulina mixed with 24 oz. water (I bought this a long time ago and never used it so I thought Id try to make a habit out of it)

~18g Net (72% Fat Cals, 17% Prot. Cals & 11% Carb. Cals)
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning ladies!

Rob, you are so funny, I love that you're in our group!!

Mariah, I used to travel to Minneapolis A LOT for business, the company I worked for eons ago was smack dab in the middle of downtown. I always stayed at the Crown Plaza. Hey....Is Martini Blu still downtown right across the street from the Crown?? I absolutely LOVE that place!!!! They make the best freakin martini's on the planet!!! I happen to know from experience, you can have 3 Cuban cowboy martini's, their filet mignon with homemade sweet potato kettle chips and crème Brule for dessert and STILL be in full ketosis the next morning!! There was another place I loved too but I can't remember their name for the life of me! They specialized in food from all regions south of the equator......it was soooo good....loud....but good. They served these huge pitchers of Sangria with little plastic zoo animals in them. My work mates and I had quite an impressive collection of those animals at one time. Gosh, I haven't thought about Minneapolis in a long time.....I miss my trips there!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning ladies!

Mariah, I used to travel to Minneapolis A LOT for business, the company I worked for eons ago was smack dab in the middle of downtown. I always stayed at the Crown Plaza. Hey....Is Martini Blu still downtown right across the street from the Crown?? I absolutely LOVE that place!!!! They make the best freakin martini's on the planet!!! I happen to know from experience, you can have 3 Cuban cowboy martini's, their filet mignon with homemade sweet potato kettle chips and crème Brule for dessert and STILL be in full ketosis the next morning!! There was another place I loved too but I can't remember their name for the life of me! They specialized in food from all regions south of the equator......it was soooo good....loud....but good. They served these huge pitchers of Sangria with little plastic zoo animals in them. My work mates and I had quite an impressive collection of those animals at one time. Gosh, I haven't thought about Minneapolis in a long time.....I miss my trips there!

Hi Ladies, I hope we are all doing great. Its weeeeekend yaaay. ( I love weekends...don't always do much with them though, aside from always planning to rollout of bed after 8am...but don't always go according to plan)
Thanks. Tammy you make me feel so 'warm'n'fuzzy'
I'm starting my protein shake fast today....I've never eaten glucomannan before...I pray I don't have the same reaction to it as psyllium. The first and last time I had psyllium, I thought I would die. My stomach felt like it was being cut up with a sharp knife.

My shakes will be 150- 180 calories taken 3-4 times a day and a veg and lean protein evening meal.
With lots and lots of walking.
I intend to use whey protein(vanilla), soy protein, (plain)and peanut flour, interchangeably, so I don't get bored. I will use soy milk for liquid, and glucomannan to make it thicker and more meal-like.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 02-22-2014 at 12:01 AM..
Old 02-22-2014, 04:32 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Good Morning,

I wanted to check in. I have been stuck for a few days on the same weight. I'm not worried because I am eating on plan, walking and drinking water. I'm sure it will drop soon. I am dying for barbeque spare ribs. I bought some yesterday and will bake them with Guy's barbeque sauce. The sauce is so good and very low carbs.
Not too much going on this weekend, maybe a movie. Anyone doing anything fun?
I can't wait until Spring. We will be moving in four months. It will be fun to start fresh . I'm looking forward to starting a new job and meeting new people. Hopefully I will be down another 40 pounds by then.
Rob sounds like a good plan with the protein shakes.
Vella do not worry about the scale. You are doing so good. I am so proud of you.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:07 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Hmmm...I have done two shakes today.
I'm not hungry at all.
but...big but...my energy level, is at the sole of my feet.
Me...the same me that whizzes around clocking 10miles a day in walks, with tons of energy to spare, I am sitting here, in front of the PC, and I have to will my hands to even lift and type on the keyboards.

I'll see how I feel for the next day or so, if my energy levels are still this sad...into the dustbin goes the whole protein thing.

jeez even my eyelids are having a hard time staying peeled, and I am not even sleepy.

Hi Sammi...the shakes are not panning out as I hoped...Stay tuned for updates though, early days yet.
I hate feeling this way though.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Sammi, those ribs sound wonderful!!!! Where are you moving too in the spring? My plans for this weekend involve sleeping in, grocery shopping and laundry....and a lot of just lazying around the house!

Rob, I'm so sorry that you're feeling so lethargic.....maybe after your body adjusts to the change your energy level will pick up?? If you don't feel better by tomorrow I'd certainly rethink it!!

I'm doing a Fat Fast this weekend, I've been eating on plan and well into ketosis, but my calories were fairly high yesterday and the scales were NOT kind this morning! I woke up very NOT hungry, and that's usually my bodies cue that it would like a break and I respond well to the fat fast.....so that makes it easy!

How's everyone else doing this weekend?
Old 02-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning ladies!

Unfortunately Martini Blu is closed, although all the food you described sounded delicious! The second place doesnt sound familiar to me but Im not that hip to all the happening places in Minneapolis

A huge pitcher of Sangria sounds delish tho.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Good Morning,

I wanted to check in. I have been stuck for a few days on the same weight. I'm not worried because I am eating on plan, walking and drinking water. I'm sure it will drop soon. I am dying for barbeque spare ribs. I bought some yesterday and will bake them with Guy's barbeque sauce. The sauce is so good and very low carbs.
Not too much going on this weekend, maybe a movie. Anyone doing anything fun?
I can't wait until Spring. We will be moving in four months. It will be fun to start fresh . I'm looking forward to starting a new job and meeting new people. Hopefully I will be down another 40 pounds by then.
Rob sounds like a good plan with the protein shakes.
Vella do not worry about the scale. You are doing so good. I am so proud of you.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Ive been stuck at practically the same weight too! Isnt it frustrating. I got my period so Im sure its up to that but still makes me angry

Maybe we'll have a nice whoosh in store for us down the road...I too cannot wait until spring Im getting sick of this snow business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
Hmmm...I have done two shakes today.
I'm not hungry at all.
but...big but...my energy level, is at the sole of my feet.
Me...the same me that whizzes around clocking 10miles a day in walks, with tons of energy to spare, I am sitting here, in front of the PC, and I have to will my hands to even lift and type on the keyboards.

I'll see how I feel for the next day or so, if my energy levels are still this sad...into the dustbin goes the whole protein thing.

jeez even my eyelids are having a hard time staying peeled, and I am not even sleepy.

Hi Sammi...the shakes are not panning out as I hoped...Stay tuned for updates though, early days yet.
I hate feeling this way though.
Sorry to hear your feeling lethargic! I wonder if its just the initial shock of just doing protein shakes and lots of liquids? Hope you feel better soon!
Old 02-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Kind of a wacky day, not sure what I have store for tonight but I had work this morning and had to be there at 7am--due to road conditions I wanted to leave earlier to ensure that I made it on time. But in my haste as I was backing out of my underground parking spot, I knocked my side view mirror into the parking garage pillar and knocked it about clean off. Sad thing is I was staring right at it but I was so tired I didnt realize I was that close

My dad is really good with cars so he's going to fix it, but now I have a janky looking car

On another note, Im not sure what dinner will be tonight, but something fairly low carb since I used a lot of carbs up already today.

Breakfast:
-1 BPC (1.5 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, 2 Tbsp. HWC & 1 Tbsp. SF Torani)
Snack:
-1-100 Calorie Pack Almonds
-1 Diet Root Beer
Lunch:
-8.5 oz. of Beef Chili W-1 Oz. Cheese & 1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
-1 'Root Beer Float' (1 Diet Root Beer & 2 Tbsp. HWC)
Dinner:
-Bunless Burger or Eggs?
Old 02-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Hey everyone. I hope all of you are doing well. I finally got below 310 to exactly 309. 10 more pounds to go. I went hiking yesterday, I am not sure how many miles we did. It was shameful because this older gentleman, probably in his 70s took off up this steep hill, while me and my friend huffed and puffed, and took breaks LOL He soon was out of sight haha.

Today I did a 30 mins strength training and 4 miles from walk away the pounds. Now I am extra sore.

Well, having a bad day My friends keep trying to plan something for us to do before the spring semester, but they just do not understand or accept my way of life I guess. They wanted to go out for drinks, I said I would go but I cant drink. I am fine with that. But they swear that if I cant do something with them, that they cant do it period. It's like they are trying to make me guilty. Its very hard, but at the end of the day I just don't care. I get tired of hearing what I should be doing, or not being doing.... I hate that I keep hearing that I am unhealthy ect. All of my friends are healthy and thin, so they just don't understand that losing weight is not an easy quest. I have drawn away from most of them recently, but I feel like I don't have choice
Work it girl. Great workout. you should feel good about yourself. your muscles will recover just takes a little time. I also think tylenol and stretching helps with the recovery. I'm feeling the same way today. that's the only downside to exercising- getting used to it. but it's worth it because being strong feels amazing.

As for you friends, they don't sound very supportive. why should they care if you drink or not. you can have a great time and let loose without drinking. you could even be the designated driver. I just don't get why they are pressuring you to eat and drink. if they don't come around, it might be a good idea to expand your circle of friends.

Keep doing what your doing. Health comes before everything else.
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
Kind of a wacky day, not sure what I have store for tonight but I had work this morning and had to be there at 7am--due to road conditions I wanted to leave earlier to ensure that I made it on time. But in my haste as I was backing out of my underground parking spot, I knocked my side view mirror into the parking garage pillar and knocked it about clean off. Sad thing is I was staring right at it but I was so tired I didnt realize I was that close

My dad is really good with cars so he's going to fix it, but now I have a janky looking car

On another note, Im not sure what dinner will be tonight, but something fairly low carb since I used a lot of carbs up already today.

Breakfast:
Snack:
-1 Diet Root Beer
Lunch:
Dinner:
-Bunless Burger or Eggs?
Sorry to hear about your car. I've been doing things like that too. I account it to being tired and adjusting to my new WOE. hopefully ur dad can work a miracle and make it look good as new.

your meals, as always, look delicioso. how many calories do u eat a day btw?

Last edited by hope2bthin; 02-22-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Hi,

everyone looks well. I have been really tired from working out. have decided to drop it to 5 days until i adjust. it's disappointing but needed. eating is going well. still not sure if i'm losing. yesterday. i had 3 eggs in the am and didn't find the time to eat the rest of the day. but ended up having like a meal and a half in the early am today. so i don't have to many calories left to eat today. it's annoying. not hungry though so i guess it should not make a difference. but i have been thinking eating only 1000 calories a day may be too few for me. but i'll make changes if i see weight loss.

learned last night that coconut oil is amazing for speeding up the metabolism and feeding the brain ketones. basically its a medium chain fat and only medium chain fats go to liver and get immediately converted to ketones, they are not stored as fat like long chain fats. I also read Coconut oil prevents and reverses alzheimer's dementia. So..it will be the only oil i eat from now on. lol. I will be making my own mayo and salad dressing with it. have to buy an immersion blender asap.

Mariah...maybe the coconut oil is the secret to your weight loss?

O always forget to ask whats BPC?

well monday will be my first weigh in. i'm bracing myself for the worst. i was 140 three months ago. I hope i only gained 10 pounds. i've been thinking maybe 15, just in case. so i don't get depressed. which would trigger me to eat unfortunately. I must be strong. I keep telling myself.

also read ketogenic diet prevents alzheimers. isn't that interesting?

will read everyone's posts when i'm rested. hope everyone is remaining steadfast and having a wonderful weekend.

~lea

Last edited by hope2bthin; 02-22-2014 at 04:12 PM..
Old 02-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sammi, those ribs sound wonderful!!!! Where are you moving too in the spring? My plans for this weekend involve sleeping in, grocery shopping and laundry....and a lot of just lazying around the house!

Rob, I'm so sorry that you're feeling so lethargic.....maybe after your body adjusts to the change your energy level will pick up?? If you don't feel better by tomorrow I'd certainly rethink it!!

I'm doing a Fat Fast this weekend, I've been eating on plan and well into ketosis, but my calories were fairly high yesterday and the scales were NOT kind this morning! I woke up very NOT hungry, and that's usually my bodies cue that it would like a break and I respond well to the fat fast.....so that makes it easy!

How's everyone else doing this weekend?
enjoy the fat fast. can't wait to see the results.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kids!

Lea, you're cutting your workouts DOWN to 5 days per week?!?!?! I wish I could pay someone to work out for me!!!

Actually, as much as I joke about that I'm really excited because I just got word that next month we're going to build a BRAND NEW fitness center here at the apartment community that I manage!!! I have been wanting them to do this for so long!!! We have a BEAUTIFUL luxury community here with a pool and Jacuzzi......but no fitness center, it was silly. So we're going to totally renovate my leasing center and put a fitness center with brand new equipment in. It will be small, but it will be brand new!! And it will be right next to my office, so I can go in early before everything opens and work out....for FREE!! And to make it better, I have my own private bathroom in my office complete with a shower....not part of the office or gym at all.....so I can totally shower and get ready for work after my work out in the privacy of my own bath. Seriously, I will have NO EXCUSES for not working out once the build out is complete!

I am a big believer in coconut oil for all the reasons you listed....I love this stuff and put it in and on everything, including my coffee and tea! You asked about BPC....that's Bullet Proof Coffee.....there's a few different variations out there and some people make it with tea instead of coffee (I do both) The way I make mine is 1 teaspoon each of coconut oil and butter with 1 tablespoon of HWC, and a splash of Torani syrup in my mug with about 14 ounces of coffee or tea. I use my Immersion blender of my coffee frother to whip it all up....it gets really foamy like a latte and is SOOOOO good!! I'll easily do 2 or 3 per day. Especially when I'm fat fasting.....which I am very much enjoying today!! I simply have NOT been hungry today....I'm having a hard time even getting to 1000 calories. That used to kind of freak me out, but I figure as long as I feel good I may as well just relax and roll with it.....clearly my body is telling me what it wants! Within a day or two I'll get hungry again and transition back to my normal calorie range.

Good luck with your weigh in Lea....I WISH I were in your shoes!!!!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Breakfast:
Snack:
-1 Diet Root Beer
Lunch:
Dinner:
-Bunless Burger or Eggs?
Final Menu:

Breakfast:
Snack:
-1 Diet Root Beer
Lunch:
Dinner:
-3 Egg Omelet W-1 Oz. Sharp Cheddar (Cooked with 1 Tbsp. HWC & 1 Tbsp. Smart Balance)
-2 Slices Bacon
-24 Oz. Water
Snack:
-1/4 Cup SO Delicious No Sugar Added Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream

Totals= 1360kcals, 55g Protein (16%), 36g Carbs (10.5%), 17g Fiber, 116g Fat (73.5%), 1470mg sodium
Old 02-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
Sorry to hear about your car. I've been doing things like that too. I account it to being tired and adjusting to my new WOE. hopefully ur dad can work a miracle and make it look good as new.

your meals, as always, look delicioso. how many calories do u eat a day btw?
Thanks for that, it was a stupid mistake but apparently I just need to be more aware when Im backing in and out of my parking spot. I have a small car but the spaces get really tight--especially when the pillars are in the way.

As for calories for the day I usually try to stay under 1580 (I know its a weird number but it works out with my macronutrient percentages). The last week though, Ive probably been averaging more around 1200 even with my increased fat intake (the chili I made is higher in carbohydrates so I have to be careful what I eat the rest of the day---the reason to why Ive been doing lots of eggs or BPC, because they dont contribute that much to my carb limit).

On a happier note, I forgot how liberating it is to not feel starving all the time and playing beck and call to all the carb cravings and blood sugar spikes. I remember feeling 'starved' only a few hours after a large carbohydrate laden meal and then going to find something more high in sugar or carbohydrates.... now my BPC keeps me in the morning for at least 3-5 hours. Gotta love the nice combination of fat & protein for an appetite suppressant!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:24 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody I hope you are having a great Sunday.
I'm on day 2 of the shake thing.
I am aware of every waking second of my day. Still lethargic but more or less hoping it will pass.
On the positive side, the sodium must be so low in those things. My wrists are so much slimmer, due to no extra water weight padding.
Here in the UK, we are still in the dark ages...most of the time they don't put in the sodium content of food. And when they do, they list is as salt, as if salt does not contain more than sodium. Also they list it in grams instead of milligrams.

Quote:
........On a happier note, I forgot how liberating it is to not feel starving all the time and playing beck and call to all the carb cravings and blood sugar spikes. I remember feeling 'starved' only a few hours after a large carbohydrate laden meal and then going to find something more high in sugar or carbohydrates.... now my BPC keeps me in the morning for at least 3-5 hours. Gotta love the nice combination of fat & protein for an appetite suppressant!
Sorry about your wing mirror. I bet its such a relief your Dad is good with cars.

The way you described your lack of hunger pangs ...I am jealous. This shake thing makes me feel like I used to, during my dieting days. I'm constantly thinking about food. I'm hungry as soon as I finish eating, even sometimes during the meal.
sadly I have 5kg (11lbs) of the whole darned Protein things. And it will be silly to throw it all out, and I don't know who I could gift them to.
This has been a fantastic lesson, I would never have succeeded with the weight loss I've so far achieved, if I had gone down this route.
I will give it till our 2nd of march weigh in...(If I'm still alive by then) and if I still feel this lethargic, that's it. Waste or no waste, my quality of life is pants right now.
I remember my dieting days and how horrible I used to feel.
Thinking back, I'm amazed I lost even an ounce in those days. No wonder I went straight back to my old ways. Now I know why.
Thank God for Lowcarb eating.

I am certainly incorporating BP tea into my maintenance eating. I am sold on the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
....well Monday will be my first weigh in. I'm bracing myself for the worst. I was 140 three months ago. I hope I only gained 10 pounds. I've been thinking maybe 15, just in case. so I don't get depressed. which would trigger me to eat unfortunately. I must be strong. I keep telling myself.
Hon, honestly don't sweat it. I tell you this from experience. On this journey, its not only the food we should be vigilant about, its also important to arrest our 'stinkin-tinkin' because its the 'thinking' that brings a lot of the baggage into the 'eating' which is a neutral action but if not done right...we bring all our steamer trunk of "ishus" into it, and so begins the free fall into despair...I know. I can write a 1000 page volume on it.
The beautiful thing is that, even if you gained a gazillion pounds, you halted it and took action. That is very commendable.
Be kind to you. validate your positive and commendable behaviour, please don't dwell on the "shoulda-coulda-woulda" that is the fastest way to be ones own worst enemy.
You are eating right, and exercising. My Goodness that is perfection in itself. Well done on taking action. You are doing what matters.

Quote:
.........Actually, as much as I joke about that I'm really excited because I just got word that next month we're going to build a BRAND NEW fitness center here at the apartment community that I manage!!! I have been wanting them to do this for so long!!! We have a BEAUTIFUL luxury community here with a pool and Jacuzzi......but no fitness center, it was silly. So we're going to totally renovate my leasing center and put a fitness center with brand new equipment in. It will be small, but it will be brand new!! And it will be right next to my office, so I can go in early before everything opens and work out....for FREE!! And to make it better, I have my own private bathroom in my office complete with a shower....not part of the office or gym at all.....so I can totally shower and get ready for work after my work out in the privacy of my own bath. Seriously, I will have NO EXCUSES for not working out once the build out is complete!
Rub it in...Tammy. rub it in
Mehn you Americans sure know how to live. In my next life, I know where I am headed. One of my biggest phobias is having to share bathrooms in places like a gym etc. And I love working out. I just love love love the endorphin effect working out has on me. Mind its Cardio only. My pain threshold is low, and I have never been able to do more than a week of weight training. Once the aches start...I quit. But cardio...oh boy, I could go and go.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hello everyone! Just checking in.. had a pretty good weekend..the scale is being kind so far, hoping for a good weekly loss tomorrow. I had a dilemma with going to the movie with the kids this weekend. I have a hard time not having some popcorn at the movies..love it. I went back and forth on whether or not I would indulge. Part of me wanted to say screw it and have a huge thing, part wanted to be moderate (not my strong point with food...obviously...) and have a smaller thing, and part of me wanted to skip it. Well theater was really full so the kids (and the popcorn tub) had to sit behind me. Problem solved! I had a handful of popcorn and a small handful of M&Ms and was content. Stayed in Ketosis (pretty sure..need to check again this morning. Anyone else use ketostrips??) and was down on the scale again.

I have been having some pretty bad cravings for 'sweet'..made myself some low carb crepes with some blueberries and whipped cream, ten carbs for the dish, which is high when I try to keep it below 20-30, but still lost weight. Keeping my other meals pretty much meat and fat with some veg. I seem to go through a not hungry phase with this also but then some days I eat a lot. I need to remind myself often that the calories are not my main focus right now. I have my tracker set to 1800 for the day. I'm tall (5'10") so I think this is a reasonable level.

I hate working out so kudos to those that are or plan to! I do try to get some exercise in and do some weight training a couple times a week. Nothing changes the body like weight training. And I don't even use weights...I do pushups, ab stuff, and squats. I would love to join a gym (or have access to one!!) but it is not in the cards at this time. Besides I have my own little gym in my home with an elliptical and a treadmill. As the weather improves I will be doing a lot more walking because we have a german shepherd puppy that is going to require exercise. I am guessing that we will be walking/running with him soon as we are not covered by the polar vortex!! My neighborhood is a 2.5 mile loop and I can see needing to walk it twice a day with muttface. And that is good!

I made a bullet proof coffee this morning..it was tasty, but not too different from my normal coffee. I use a lot of cream! And I worry about the calories in it..but I usually don't actually eat food until early afternoon. Anyway...so far so good so I will keep doing what I am doing. It is SO nice to see downward motion.. I had been stuck for so long. Seems super low carb is what works for my body best.

Rob - have you considered adding in a regular meal instead of one of your shakes? I don't do well with hunger...eventually fall HARD...usually into pizza and donuts.

Mariah - a car wash almost ripped off my mirror on my truck once, I forgot to fold them in. Kids were so impressed that I whipped across the seat and rolled down the window to save it! lol! It's case got all cracked and now it is covered with black duct tape...classy I tell ya...classy.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies!! Happy to report I was down about 1# this morning (however I was able to sleep in much later today due to my 1 day off a week). Hoping it sticks for tomorrows weigh-in! Im so proud of all us for sticking it so far! It makes it so much easier when you have someone to keep you accountable--without this group, Im pretty sure I would have failed days ago.

Today is mostly just a catch up day for me (Ie: cleaning, laundry, dishes, errands etc). I am supposed to go over my parents today as well to get my car assessed by my Dad and then also go over my taxes. Im also going to Costco with my mom this afternoon to pick up some LC essentials including Heavy Cream, String Cheese, Tuna and Chicken Breast)--should be fun

Also on my shopping list is a small bottle of Magnesium Citrate to take this evening; Im feeling a little backed up so Im hoping that will help

Tentative Menu for Today:

Snack
(Woke up too late for Bkfst):
-2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
-1 'Root Beer Float' (Diet Root Beer W-2 Tbsp. HWC)**These are my new favorite!
Lunch:
-8.5 Oz. Beef Chili W-1 Oz. Sharp Cheddar
-1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
-1 Diet Root Beer
Snack:
-1 String Cheese
Dinner:
-Not sure yet, depends how long I'll be at my parents this afternoon

+64 Oz. Water
Old 02-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Snack
-2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
Lunch:
-1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
-1 Diet Root Beer
Snack:
-1 String Cheese
Dinner:
-Not sure yet, depends how long I'll be at my parents this afternoon

+64 Oz. Water
Hope everyone is ready for the weigh-in tomorrow!! Had a menu edit from today

Snack
-2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
Lunch:
-1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
-1 Diet Root Beer
Snack:
-1 Oz. Macadamia Nuts
-1.5 Oz. Dubliner Cheese
-32 Oz. Orange Seltzer
Dinner:
-5 Oz. Rotisserie Chicken
-1/2 Cup Mixed Greens
-2 Tbsp. Ceasar Dressing
Snack:
-5 Sugar Free Werther's Candies

Totals= 1549kcals, 74g protein (19%), 35g carbs (9%), 15g fiber, 122g fat (72%), 2567mg sodium
Old 02-24-2014, 01:40 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hope everyone is ready for the weigh-in tomorrow!! Had a menu edit from today

Snack
-2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
Lunch:
-1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
-1 Diet Root Beer
Snack:
-1 Oz. Macadamia Nuts
-1.5 Oz. Dubliner Cheese
-32 Oz. Orange Seltzer
Dinner:
-5 Oz. Rotisserie Chicken
-1/2 Cup Mixed Greens
-2 Tbsp. Ceasar Dressing
Snack:
-5 Sugar Free Werther's Candies

Totals= 1549kcals, 74g protein (19%), 35g carbs (9%), 15g fiber, 122g fat (72%), 2567mg sodium
Morning ladies.
Aaanooorther weeeeeek yaay
I hope we continue to grow in strength and resolve as the weeks roll by.
Its weekII already.
My weight this morning is 147.8. I'm happy with that.

Mariah...I just googled coconut butter... I saw it on your menu.
What does it taste like? You eat all this interesting food...I use to make my own coconut milk for cooking coconut rice, way back when I used to eat rice like it was going out of fashion. All the commercial ones had sugar and gelling agents. Had to make mine.
Knowing how fibrous it is, makes me curious as to how the meat could be pureed into some kinda butter.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Names........................2/10..................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy *Lloren*- ..134.5.................131.5 (-3)
AmyP *Amy*-.............257...................234 (-3)
Cajungirl200 *Dana*-..226.2............228.0 (+1.8)
DeeBloom *Dee*-
HippyGyspyKaren*Karen*260.2.............257.2 (-3)
Hope2BeThin-
IcanIwill1*Rob*-.........154..................151(-3)..........147.8(-3.2)
imgonadoit- ...............153.4................151.2 (-2.2)
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Ladyboss7 *Tammy*-....223...........220.8 (-2.20)
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220.............213.4(-6.6)
Mcchimento *Cathy*-...244.8.........242.8 (-2.0)
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-.........221............217.8(-3.2)..........215(-2.8)
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*....314.4............311.4(-3)
Wziswife*-...................165..............162.4(2.6)
Yamill1988...................184.2

Good Morning Ladies,

Another week down. It seems to fly by. Nothing new to report, going very soon to Indiana to find a place to live. I am very excited, I've never been there. Still walking three miles daily and eating on plan.
Good Job Rob!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A'smommy
Stats: 144/129/120 5'5
WOE: My way, Lower carb, Low Calorie
Start Date: April 8th, 2014
Names........................2/10..................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy *Lloren*- ..134.5.................131.5 (-3).....131 (-.5)
DeeBloom *Dee*-
Hope2BeThin-
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220.............213.4(-6.6)
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Someonelikeyou-

WTG Sammi! That's a really good loss!!

Morning everyone! I hope you all have some good losses to report today! I will try to stop back by later and post some more. Last week I only lost .5! I've been running/walking 2.5 miles every other day mixed with squats and got to bed late last night due to studying. So I'm going to blame my less than stellar loss on a bit of muscle replacement of fat (hopefully) and lack of sleep! What sucks is a few days ago I had woke up to 130 which would have been a loss of 1.5, but that didn't stick. Ive stuck to plan and will continue to do so. Maybe I need to look at how high my carbs are and lower them more :/! I am still happy though because a loss is a loss! Anyways, I would LOVE to get into the 120's this week! I hope everyone has a great Monday!!
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

DeeBloom *Dee*-
Hope2BeThin-
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220.............213.4(-6.6)........211.1 (-2.3)
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Someonelikeyou-

Great losses so far everyone! I was down another -2.3 this week. I was hoping for more but considering I had such a big loss last week and I still have my TOM I think my body is trying to adjust for it. I will check back in later with replies!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo Low Carb

AmyP *Amy*-.............257...................254 (-3)........251(-3)
DeeBloom *Dee*-
Hope2BeThin-
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220.............213.4(-6.6)........211.1 (-2.3)
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Someonelikeyou-

Down 3!! Happy with that...very happy with that!!
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Paleo Low Carb Names........................2/10..................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy *Lloren*- ................134.5.................131.5 (-3).....131 (-.5)
AmyP *Amy*-.........................257...................254 (-3)........251(-3)
Cajungirl200 *Dana*-...............226.2............228.0 (+1.8)
DeeBloom *Dee*-
HippyGyspyKaren*Karen*............260.2........... ..257.2 (-3)
Hope2BeThin-
IcanIwill1*Rob*-.......................154..................151(-3)..........147.8(-3.2)
imgonadoit- ............................153.4................1 51.2 (-2.2)
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- ....................149
Ladyboss7 *Tammy*-................223.................220.8 (-2.20)..........219.0 (-1.8)
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*.................220..............213.4(-6.6)........211.1 (-2.3)
Mcchimento *Cathy*-.............244.8..............242.8 (-2.0)
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-.......................221............217.8(-3.2)..........215(-2.8)
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*.................314.4............311.4(-3)
Wziswife*-.............................165..............162. 4(2.6)
Yamill1988..............................184.2

Happy Monday ladies! Super crazy at work, will check in later!!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Sorry about your wing mirror. I bet its such a relief your Dad is good with cars.

The way you described your lack of hunger pangs ...I am jealous. This shake thing makes me feel like I used to, during my dieting days. I'm constantly thinking about food. I'm hungry as soon as I finish eating, even sometimes during the meal.
sadly I have 5kg (11lbs) of the whole darned Protein things. And it will be silly to throw it all out, and I don't know who I could gift them to.
This has been a fantastic lesson, I would never have succeeded with the weight loss I've so far achieved, if I had gone down this route.
I will give it till our 2nd of march weigh in...(If I'm still alive by then) and if I still feel this lethargic, that's it. Waste or no waste, my quality of life is pants right now.
I remember my dieting days and how horrible I used to feel.
Thinking back, I'm amazed I lost even an ounce in those days. No wonder I went straight back to my old ways. Now I know why.
Thank God for Lowcarb eating.

I am certainly incorporating BP tea into my maintenance eating. I am sold on the idea.
Good for you for trying to stick with it Rob! Hunger is what really kills me when it comes to 'dieting' if Im hungry anything is fair game--even if I dont like it...pretty sad huh? I love doing Meat & Egg fasts but before I start them I have to already be in ketosis otherwise the lack of variety and calories makes me pretty crotchedy. Can you fatten up your protein shakes by mixing in some HWC? Maybe you just need a little more fat with your protein to feel satisfed?

How are you feeling today? Still tired?? Hopefully the weekend gave you a little time to rest up. Dont feel bad if you feel like youve failed with the shake thing. I once did a Fat Fast and HATED it, I was starving and I didnt even lose very much. So Ive never done it again because being hungry causes me to make bad choices and then I get into Binge mode which leads down the path (for me at least) to purging and eventual loss of control & weight gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post

Mariah - a car wash almost ripped off my mirror on my truck once, I forgot to fold them in. Kids were so impressed that I whipped across the seat and rolled down the window to save it! lol! It's case got all cracked and now it is covered with black duct tape...classy I tell ya...classy.
Haha I love that! I once watched a video where a guy was in a car wash and he opened his door to adjust his windshield wiper and the carwash took off his whole door...it was funny to watch but if that happened to me I guarantee I would NOT be a happy camper. Plus thatd be really hard to live down
Quote:
Morning ladies.
Aaanooorther weeeeeek yaay
I hope we continue to grow in strength and resolve as the weeks roll by.
Its weekII already.
My weight this morning is 147.8. I'm happy with that.

Mariah...I just googled coconut butter... I saw it on your menu.
What does it taste like? You eat all this interesting food...I use to make my own coconut milk for cooking coconut rice, way back when I used to eat rice like it was going out of fashion. All the commercial ones had sugar and gelling agents. Had to make mine.
Knowing how fibrous it is, makes me curious as to how the meat could be pureed into some kinda butter.
Great Job Rob! I loved being in the 140's....all my cute clothes I have from that time which was not even 3 years ago I am dying to get in to.

Also the Coconut Butter is something I discovered last year and I LOVE it. Its Coconut Manna (the meat of the coconut blended together will all the fatty goodness of coconut oil) and its pretty low in carbohydrates because its mostly fiber. I have the Artisana brand (I bought mine online but Ive seen it at Whole Foods) its delicious--fatty, with a hint of coconut taste. I warm it up a little and just eat it off the spoon. A nice little indulgence

Quote:

Happy Monday ladies! Super crazy at work, will check in later!!
Just wanted to say I your new Avatar! Beautiful Lady
Old 02-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Science Confirms You're Skinniest on This Day

Thought I'd share this article that I just read recently, a study has published findings that people tend to weigh the least on Fridays and the most on Mondays. I would just like to point out that because of our little support group we are defying these numbers!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Low Carb Names........................2/10..................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy *Lloren*- ......134.5............131.5 (-3).....131 (-.5)
AmyP *Amy*-.................257................254 (-3).......251(-3)
Cajungirl200 *Dana*-......226.2..........228.0 (+1.8)
DeeBloom *Dee*-
HippyGyspyKaren*Karen* 260.2............257.2(-3)
Hope2BeThin *Lea*............................................. .....149.2
IcanIwill1*Rob*-..............154..............151(-3)..........147.8(-3.2)
imgonadoit- ...................153.4............151.2 (-2.2)
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- ..........149
Ladyboss7 *Tammy*-......223.............220.8 (-2.20).....219.0 (-1.8)
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*......220..............213.4(-6.6).......211.1 (-2.3)
Mcchimento *Cathy*-......244.8............242.8 (-2.0)
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-........... 221...............217.8(-3.2)......215(-2.8)
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*........314.4.............311.4(-3)
Wziswife*-......................165................162. 4(2.6)
Yamill1988......................184.2

Good afternoon everybody. Losses look amazing! We should all be so proud of ourselves.
I finally aweigh sd in and was very happy to learn that I weigh 149.2. Only 9.2 pound weight gain since November. Thank goodness I returned to atkins 2 weeks ago. I'll never know how much I lost during those weeks but I'm sure it was significant. I am just so happy. Atkins sure knew what he was talking about when he said weight gain must be addressed immediately. I'm lucky it wasn't a lot more. I feel rejuvenated and more in control knowing I am handling one of the obstacles we all will face as we approach maintenance.

Btw- coconut oil is amazing completely suppressed hunger and makes you feel great. Yesterday I didn't even need my 3rd cup of coffe which is unbelievable to me.

Will write later tonight when I have more time.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just wanted to say I your new Avatar! Beautiful Lady
Thanks Mariah!

Lea, I LOOOOOOVE Coconut oil!!! I've not yet tried the coconut butter, but based on what Mariah's saying I can tell you that I WILL be getting some very soon!