Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Happy Valentines Day to all my Lovely Ladies!

Things are going fine here. I was up a little on the scale this morning but knowing me and my body, I usually dont lose more than 3 days in a row, I also didnt get as much sleep as yesterday. Thats alright will continue to keep trucking along! We are ordering dinner in tonight, probably from an Italian place so I am going to probably doing some sort of salad, and I may have a glass of wine. Otherwise nothing too crazy!!

Planned Food:

B:
-2 Eggs Scrambled W-1 Tbsp. Smart Balanace & 2 Tbsp. Colby Jack
-2 Slices Bacon
-1 BIG mug of coffee w-1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Creamer
-24 Oz. Water
L:
-1 Serving Turkey Spinach Bake (made this last night with the remaining turkey I had)
-1 String Cheese
-1 Diet Coke
-24 Oz. Water
D:
-1 Chicken Caesar Salad (No Croutons)
-1 Glass Wine *maybe*
-24 Oz. Water

~20g Net Carbs
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Bought some new jeans in a size smaller...happy Valentine's Day to ME!
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Congratulations Amy What a wonderful feeling to go down in size! The hard work is worth it!

I made Mariah's casserole. Delicious !!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Happy Valentines day ladies!

Mariah, don't the scales drive you batty? I'm trying to NOT weigh myself everyday....I don't need that frustration and it's impossible to show a loss EVERY day. If I could get to where I only weigh once or twice per week I think I'd be much saner!

Amy, that is so awesome....congrats!

Sammi, I must have missed that recipe....what all is in it?

Karen, I think that there's a lot to be said for intuitive eating. I find that I consume fewer calories and feel much more satisfied when my fat % is higher....I think if we really pay attention to what our bodies are trying to say and stop placating them with junk our bodies will respond favorably! The trick is learn when our body is lying to try and get the junk!

Imagonadoit, I've not heard of cream cheese clouds....pray tell share the recipe, they sound YUMMY!

Lavella, you might be one of the busiest people I know! Stay strong and focused, you're doing GREAT!!!

Things are great here, I'm enjoying a beautiful afternoon with my hubby, had a wonderful lunch of Tri-tip roast with sautéed mushrooms, a little bit of salad with ranch and indulged in just a few bites of real NY cheesecake! Then we went to our favorite local beach and enjoyed seeing a whale and some seals.....it was really magical!!

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Hi Ladies,
I hope you had/are having a splendid Valentines day.

I have not caught up with all the posts...prolly read all tomorrow.
I just finished a looooooong walk -9.4miles.
I usually break it into two, one to and from work, the other after dinner. But its been raining all day, and I could not walk home from work, once it stopped raining I decided to jump off the couch and get on with it...once I did the first round, I thought why ever not.
And part of my walk includes walking past a large cemetery, I wondered to myself, if there were ghosts about at 10:30pm hehehe.
I'll probably scare the poor ghost, I wear a hoodie, with a woolly hat...no right thinking ghost would mess with moi.

Please I need suggestions on how to stop weighing everyday.
Its doing my head in.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Feeling so much better today.

Happy Valentines! for everyone especially if they are single like me.

I'm in ketosis large amounts too! It was exactly the news I needed today to lift my spirits.

I felt so good today, super energized and decided to continue eating as much as i wanted with chicken skin and butter. I also stopped weighing my food. It just feels too planned. I don't like doing it all the time. I'm going to do it when I feel like it not all the time. Problem is I have a tendency to undereat in ketosis. Then I will either get super weak or ravenous. usually both. I'll have to watch myself. We can never win, either eat too much or too little. wish i could find that happy middle. Today I literally didn't eat any lettuce or other vegetables. my carbs are like 5 and i probably ate maybe 600-700 calories. Plus I ran an hour. And I'm not hungry! Hope I'm not ravenous tomorrow. Although, i went down the cookie isle today shopping and it is still painful. I think I actually started to drool.

So many anniversaries- congratulations! So romantic to have wed on Valentine's day.

Icaniwill- you have a very important reason to diminish your coffee intake. Keep it up. It's hard though, expect a few slip ups. Look at it as a weaning process and stay on track. It will take time. So happy you dropped 1 pound despite peanut. Yay! small indulgences of healthy food are good from time to time. I agree with ladyboss7. Don't sweat it but don't make it a habit either. I totally agree with AmyP carbs have a way of luring us in and tricking us. For me it's cereal. I literally can't eat it and it's very hard for me to have in the house but I have to for my family. Can't imagine having that craving for a healthy food. I like peanut butter too but not that much. I bought P2P and had it in greek yogurt- it was really good. But then I looked at carbs and thought it was high for the amount I needed to use. Checked back on netrition for a lower carb powdered peanut butter and food one. Can't remember its name. you may have it. I'm going to check and get back to you. As for stopping daily weigh ins, this I can help you with...that's why I haven't weighed myself in 3 months. It makes me crazy. The only way to do it is to just stop. You are going to feel uncomfortable doing it but you have to just tell yourself over and over when you have the feeling that you can wait. One or 2x a week is enough and the weight is coming off even if I don't check, it's not necessary to check every day. That's what I tell myself. maybe it will work for you.
glad to see you pushed yourself to walk. Always feels so good mid-workout and afterwards. Wow, that was a long walk 9.4 miles!

Mad4cillas- nut joke was hysterical. Loved you recipe. Think I could bake it? Wohoo! On Losing another pound and Getting all your steps in. You have to expect odd weight fluctuations when losing weight on any diet. It's not unusual to see a slight weight gain and the a nice drop. As long as you're eating staying low carb this is what i predict will happen. don't get discouraged. It happens to me a lot. Now one to your cooking skills...turkey spinach bake...Hmm...you are such a good cook. You don't give yourself enough credit.

Cajungirl: yeah most people are so judgemental about eating fat. but its hard for me to get annoyed with them. The food industry brainwashed me too. I always feel like I'm eating too much fat. Even now. As for eggs I have been eating 4 a day. After that I switch to egg whites. It 's a mind game for me though. I think you should eat as many eggs as you want. As long as u you keep your carbs at the number to want them to be. I've eaten 12 egg whites a day though. I like to bring hard boiled eggs with me everywhere in the winter when I'm running around- just in case I get hungry. That water app you founds sounds amazing. way to persevere!

Ladyboss7- all your posts slay me. you have a great sense of humor.

Yamill1988
You are going to look so good this summer wearing summer dress
SO good.

Sammi- Keep walking. 2 miles is great

Mcchimento- I've found that cheese and dairy have major effect on my cravings. I have just become aware of this and will not allow them in my diet when I increase to my critical carb diet. Fortunately grated cheeses like parmesan and romano don't have that effect on me. I sprinkle them on literally everything. Have you tried almond milk or hood calorie countdown milk? Might help you but I'd rather just shun them. Nothing is worse then cravings. Happy Birthday Day! Hope you enjoyed yourself and were able to keep it low carb. I hate temptation. Not wanting to lose a week is a great motivator to make the right choices. I'm surprised this WOE helps your reflux. Mine has been awful. Hopefully ketosis will correct that, like it has for you.

ampP I hate it when foods trick me into eating them. That's exactly what I have to remember. I always forget and think I can control myself. It's so awesome that you bought yourself smaller jeans for valentines. What a nice gift. Too bad you can't wear them to the Kid's Bday party. That would be motivating Maybe try them on before to remind yourself of your success?

Vella I always gain weight in the fall and winter and then fail to take it off in the spring. Then spend all summer losing it only to regain it. Last year I didn't do this. I reminded myself that this is what happens and acknowledged when it was happening and said No. you're doing that now. Looks like it won't happen this year. Keep being mindful. Sometimes my weight fluctuates too and then I drop. Don't be discouraged. seriously, it happens so often for me that if I was you I would be excited. hope you see results soon.

I'mgonnadoit- Don't be sad about Valentines. Next year you will have the Valentine you want. enjoy your lc dessert. I don't have enough willpower to have desserts. probably never will. Its one of the reasons I'm back on induction. They trigger me mentally.

Hippy- that is my worst fear to have my post eaten by the web. That bites. I truly feel for you. You definitely have a metabolic disadvantage that makes it extra hard for you to lose weight. You should watch the video link of atkins talking in my post. Have you considered doing his fat fast? I've decided to not concern myself with calories and try very hard to eat until I'm satisfied. LIke you. Difference is I eat too little and them become ravenous and overeat. I don't think that's your problem. I think you eat after your satisfied?(correct me if I'm wrong?) I do this too but not as often as the reverse. Just be mindful of how you feel when you eat. I read this great book called 7 rules of thin people book. It's great. May help you. I've been eating a lot of chicken. I love chicken wings. I'm increasing the skin I eat now based on what atkins said in the video I posted. Said this should help you lose weight and you should not have to worry about calories. I'm not ready to do a fat fast but I probably will sometime during our 3 month challenge. I've never done it and I'm interested in seeing the results it would produce. do you know how may calories a day you eat?

Last edited by hope2bthin; 02-14-2014 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: typos
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey everyone.

I had a good hike today. My friend and I went and did a 3 mile hike. It was my first hike back from the summer so I was nervous it wasn't that bad though. The hills were not that steep until the end but it still wasn't that bad. Then we went to the farmers market. I have a love/ hate relationship with my market now. I love it but, but its so darn tempting. I go and buy stuff for my husband. Breads, honey, jams, fruit and pick up fish tacos. The fish tacos are soooo good! Fresh, not greasy and huge. The only thing I can get now is flowers for myself lol.

I made chicken fajitas and keylime pie for my friend and husband, and just had meat and cheese for my meal.

I am going to do another workout later. I really want to lose the 1.4 pounds that I gained.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies!

Rob, a trick I have to do in order to stop weighing daily is immediately drink a full glass of water and / or my BPC. The only time I ever weigh myself is first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything......after all, 8 ounces of fluid in a cup is 8 ounces of fluid in the body....right? I know it sounds silly, but I absolutely refuse to weigh myself after ingesting anything.

Hope2b, Congrats on being in ketosis! I love the energy I have while in Ketosis. I have done the fat fast, and I really enjoy it. In fact I've chosen to add it in to my WOE intermittently. The goal is 1000 calories per day with 90% of those fat. It takes some preplanning....getting to 90% fat can be challenging.

LaVella, Great job with the hike! 3 miles is impressive!! My hats off to you for shopping separately for your husband......I am so happy that my hubby is doing this WOE with me, it makes this SO MUCH EASIER for me.

How's everyone doing today? I'm having a nice lazy Saturday....slept in, which was AWESOME! Thinking maybe we'll go see a movie later....what's everyone else up to?
Old 02-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in! Everything is going well, cant wait for Monday for our next weigh-in!! I was down a little this morning so thats good to know that yesterday was a fluke. Menu is a little weird today I had to work really early and then was on the run, also going out to dinner tonight to either Ruby Tuesdays or TGI Fridays. I'm sure I'll find something!!

B:
-1 BIG Cup Coffee W-1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Creamer
S:
-5 Oz. Salmon packed in Water
-1 String Cheese
-1 Diet Coke
L:
-2 McDoubles (No Bun & No Pickles)
-32 Oz. Diet Coke
S:
-1 Dark Chocolate Hershey's Kiss
-1 Midnight Reverie Square....I need to throw these in the freezer they are too tempting
D:
-Either Chicken or Steak W-Side of Veggies
-Diet COke

and lots of water!
~20-25g net
Old 02-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

So hungry still, but enjoying what I'm eating very much. Only wish I could have more.

Still really hungry and eating. Not logging my foods -just carbs. It really bothers me though not knowing my total daily calories. I literally am craving butter and allowing myself To eat as much as I want- probably three or 4 tablespoons today. Still not eating enough carbs I probably had at the very most five. Would that make me hungry or is it a good thing that I'm not eating carbs. i'd love everyones opinion on that, thanks. I'm not intentionally not eating them I just am craving more delectable foods. Lol. But I would push myself if its better for me to eat 10 or 20 every day.
Wasn't able to go to the gym today because there was a major snowstorm or everyone thought there would be and I just didn't want to take the chance but was still able to exercise because I hadn't dug my car out from last storm. It took 2-3 hours to dig it out of 6 inches of solid ice. I'm exhausted. Although not my favorite way to workout, it was an awesome workout.

Quote:
Hope2b, Congrats on being in ketosis! I love the energy I have while in Ketosis. I have done the fat fast, and I really enjoy it. In fact I've chosen to add it in to my WOE intermittently. The goal is 1000 calories per day with 90% of those fat. It takes some preplanning....getting to 90% fat
Thanks for the info on the fat fast. I was going to research it. Considering I'm craving butter I might try it very soon. I think what will bother me is only having 900 calories of it. LoL

Love your way of preventing yourself from weighing in. Haha.

Madchillas glad the weight came off. Enjoy eating out. I'd have the steak with mayo. Weigh day is so close. I'm excited to see everyone's loses too.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 02-15-2014 at 05:17 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Hello ladies!

Rob, a trick I have to do in order to stop weighing daily is immediately drink a full glass of water and / or my BPC. The only time I ever weigh myself is first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything......after all, 8 ounces of fluid in a cup is 8 ounces of fluid in the body....right? I know it sounds silly, but I absolutely refuse to weigh myself after ingesting anything.

LaVella, Great job with the hike! 3 miles is impressive!! My hats off to you for shopping separately for your husband......I am so happy that my hubby is doing this WOE with me, it makes this SO MUCH EASIER for me.

How's everyone doing today? I'm having a nice lazy Saturday....slept in, which was AWESOME! Thinking maybe we'll go see a movie later....what's everyone else up to?
That's an awesome trick. I need to stop weighing myself so much. It drives me crazy. If I get too crazy, my husband being much taller than me, puts the scale way up high were I cant find it.

I tried to keep my husband on low carb, but he gets dizzy. He does eat lower crab than he did before. He is tall and fit, strength trains so that might be why he gets dizzy, but I am not sure if that's why. What helps though is the no junk food or processed foods allowed in the house policy we have had for a couple years. He gets his cereal and protein bars, that's it.

I slept in too!!! It was so amazing since normally I barely sleep. I am reading and listening to the television. I will probably go to target later. I plan on doing a 4 or 5 mile walk away the pounds video later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post

I felt so good today, super energized and decided to continue eating as much as i wanted with chicken skin and butter. I also stopped weighing my food. It just feels too planned. I don't like doing it all the time. I'm going to do it when I feel like it not all the time. Problem is I have a tendency to undereat in ketosis. Then I will either get super weak or ravenous. usually both. I'll have to watch myself. We can never win, either eat too much or too little. wish i could find that happy middle. Today I literally didn't eat any lettuce or other vegetables. my carbs are like 5 and i probably ate maybe 600-700 calories. Plus I ran an hour. And I'm not hungry! Hope I'm not ravenous tomorrow. Although, i went down the cookie isle today shopping and it is still painful. I think I actually started to drool.
I tried weighing my food, but I just don't have time to mess with it. I do not record my food or count anything. I keep track of carbs in my head, but I do not write it down. I am currently just doing meat and dairy for a week or two then I will add back in some more carbs. So there isn't much to count.

I took a friend to Wal-Mart, and I saw this huge display of oreos! I has four new flavors out, and just picked up the packages, walked around with them for a bit and put them back. I have no clue why it works for me, but when I want something but don't need it, I carry it around while I shop then take it back.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Last check in for this evening. Went out to dinner again tonight but won't be weighing tomorrow morning cuz I'm staying at the BFs house. I was around 36g net carbs for the day but had a wonderful dinner of a petite sirloin, sauteed mushrooms and spinach and Brussels sprouts...I also shared a mozzarella stick appetizer with the BF but only had 1-1/2 pieces after discovering they were 9g carbs a piece

Tomorrow I'm going to really try and push the water and get most of my intake from protein to undo any damage that I might have done today. Hope everyone else had a good night!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hippygypsykaren
Stats: (277) 273.5/255/160
WOE: Low Carb
hope2bthin, I have the same problem as you do. As much as two weeks a month I feel ravenous. At those times, even if I can feel that my stomach is literally full I still feel so hungry I almost can't stand it. I'm sure it is a hormonal imbalance of some sort, but have yet to find the answer. In the meanwhile, I am paying very close attention to how I feel and trying to eat just enough to fill my stomach, even if that doesn't cure the appetite. I know that we're only supposed to eat until we're 80% full, but when I have that hunger, I can't tell anything until I am full. I do eat slowly and after I've eaten what I feel is an appropriate portion I do stop eating. Unfortunately, some days I cannot control how much I eat regardless of how hard it try.

As far as tracking calories, I do keep fair track of how many I consume. Today was 1700 ish. I don't log them every day though.

Today's meals:

Late lunch: approximately 1/2 lb. sirloin, 1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms, 1/2 cup steamed green beans and a few carrot slices, very small salad with blue cheese dressing, about 1/4 cup onion strings.

Snack: one small pork chop, 1/4 cup cottage cheese

Dinner: One Italian Sausage, 2 oz mozzarella cheese, 1/2 oz pepperoni

Today's tea was black, iced and had nothing added (3 glasses). I also had plenty of club soda and still water.
hippygypsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:28 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies,

I spent the day Saturday walking through the National Gallery Of Art in Washington DC. Had a wonderful time. We stopped for lunch and I ate all low carb. We had such a great time.
Tammy good trick for not weighing. I will also try it.
LaVella great plan on walking 4-5 miles. I hope to increase my walking too. I would be happy with three miles a day.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Mariah could you please post your turkey spinach bake? It sounds delicious.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

I may have found the answer

Hippy gypsy Karen : yeah we are both experiencing exactly the same thing. I've found by eating more fat and 1/3 maybe 1/2 larger portions of meat, I fell the satisfaction feeling. Most important though I have energy and don't feel weak and dizzy. My only concern is calories but I think it's more important to focus on how I feel.

Vella: I get the same way as your husband. Eating more calories if meat and fat has fixed it for me. Not sure if it will come back but so far it's working. Most important i feel great. Very energized today. Also taking 2 multivitamins daily has helped. That's a great trick in the supermarket. I've actually done it from time to time and it felt really great putting it back. Kinda like reminding myself of my priorities. But I'm not sure if I have the willpower to do that regularly. Still gonna try
it to see! Thanks.

Madchillas- yummy. your meal out looked delicious. Good luck with the water and protein. I think you did great last night.

Cheers everyone.
We are all doing so good
Hopefully tomorrow will bring great results.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 02-16-2014 at 09:25 AM..
Old 02-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies, Happy Sunday!

Hope2b & Karen, I could not agree more with the increased fat content. I track EVERYTHING I eat in my online food journal and what this has taught me through trial and error is that I feel best, lose the most and can easily keep my calories lowest if my fat % is high. My average daily ratio is 70 - 80% fat / 15 - 20% protein / 5% carb. Some days my calories may be higher.....around 1300.....some days, like yesterday I really struggled to get to 900 calories.....I just was not hungry....but my fat% was 80% for the day and I felt great!! My biggest issue right now is the antibiotics I'm on for a tooth issue I'm having. I've been on them for a few weeks and it's caused me to gain and lose the same 2 pounds for 3 weeks. It's frustrating, but I know that as soon as the antibiotic is out of my system I'll start losing again because I've stayed true to my plan.

Mariah, your dinner sounds divine! I have not been able to wrap my mind around brussel sprouts. I remember them being awful when I was kid....bitter and nasty.....so I've never tried them as an adult.

LaVella, I love your shopping trick. That's awesome!! I'm like you, I don't weigh my food...but I pay careful attention to the portion sizes...meat when I cook it, etc and then I track everything in my journal. For me it's the only way to truly hold myself accountable. It's also why we eat at home so much more these days.....it's so much easier to control what goes into the dish when I'm the one cooking it!

Sammi, your art gallery trip sounds like great fun, and great exercise too! I've never been to DC, though I've always heard that it's spectacular in the Spring!

Well ladies, have a fabulous Sunday, can't wait for tomorrow's check in!!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A'smommy
Stats: 144/129/120 5'5
WOE: My way, Lower carb, Low Calorie
Start Date: April 8th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
Still really hungry and eating. Not logging my foods -just carbs. It really bothers me though not knowing my total daily calories.
I'm the same way with tracking calories. I have a type A personality and it really bothers me if I get put into a situation where I don't know many calories I'm putting into my body. Have you thought of trying a tracker on the computer or your cell?

It sounds like everyone has been doing really good! That's awesome! I haven't been able to check in as much as I wanted to this weekend because I have been crazy busy. Unfortunately on Friday I didn't do as well as I wanted food wise while celebrating V-day. Plus I had more vodka sodas then I had originally planned for. With the food and extra drinks my carb/calorie counts went through the roof. Trying to stay super strict to make up for it. Firstly because our very first weigh-in is tomorrow (YAY), and second of all my vacation is 22 days away. Anyways, I'm glad everyone is doing so well! Its hard to believe we are already almost a week into this challenge!
Today my food is:
B- Coffee w/ 1 T HWC, 4 splenda
L- a slice of cheese on flax bread, veggies - also 2 tablespoons flax meal to up my calories
D- Romaine salad w/ 4 slices bacon, cheddar cheese, & italian vinagrette
Sn- Coconut protein shake
+ tons of water.. at least 128 oz
= 1,185 calories, 80g total fat, 52 total carbs, 41 net.

Have a great day everyone!
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hippygypsykaren
Stats: (277) 273.5/255/160
WOE: Low Carb
i have no idea what I'm going to eat today. I am cooking some chicken right now and will take that to my son's house for a dinner I'll make there (probably chicken and rice) but have no idea what I'll eat. Fortunately I'm not really hungry today. We'll see how it turns out.
hippygypsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

I snapped a picture of my tasty dinner last night!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140215_001.jpg (41.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Turkey Spinach Bake
  • 18 Oz. of Turkey (Shredded or Chopped)
  • 2 Cups of Frozen Spinach (Drained of Water--I thawed mine in the microwave then squeezed dry)
  • 2 Oz. Shredded Provolone Cheese
  • 2 Oz. Shredded Mozarella Cheese
  • 2/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 4 Oz. Cream Cheese (I used the 1/3 fat)
  • 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise (I used the Olive Oil Mayo)
  • 1/2 Cup Butter Melted (I used Smart Balance)
  • 1 Tsp. Minced Garlic
  • 1 Tbsp. Minced Onion
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

In food processor combine drained frozen spinach, provolone, mozzarella, parmesan & cream cheese-pulse til well mixed. Then add mayonnaise, melted butter, minced garlic, minced onion & salt and pepper--pulse til well mixed. In a large mixing bowl combine food processor 'mixture' and shredded/chopped turkey, mix until well combined. Place into a square casserole dish and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes (or until well browned). I topped mine with cheese to have a nice crispy brown top. I cut this into 6 large pieces.

Per serving: 405kcals, 29g protein, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 6g net carbs, 27g fat, 943mg sodium
Old 02-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Hey ladies. I hope everyone is doing well.

I am happy to report that I lost 3 pounds brining me down to 311.4. I can't wait to get under 310. I wanted to get out of the 300s by the end of February, so I am going to work out a lot and hope that I can make it or get close.

I made some pork chops tonight. Had them with some mayo to add fat. I also had 3 ham roll ups. Not really that hungry today.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:15 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Hi Everybody
I hope y'all had a great weekend.

Mine was very emotionally draining. I had a 'tricky' family situation to deal with...still ongoing, but I'm coming to terms with it. I hope.

On a positive note, I tried on a few sz8 dresses in my closet, some fit but some still need me to lose 10-15lbs to fit. I am so happy.
By the end of the challenge they may be too big..oh well such is life..

I'm happy to report a 3lb loss
I'm 151lbs.

I just ordered some glucomannan powder, I want to be a bit more creative with my food.
With it and the peanut flour, I recently bought, I will keep you all posted on my 'creations' with it.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 02-17-2014 at 03:21 AM..
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:57 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Team Roster:

Names........................2/10..................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy *Lloren*- ..134.5
AmyP *Amy*-.............257
Cajungirl200 *Dana*-..226.2
DeeBloom *Dee*-
HippyGyspyKaren*Karen*260.2
Hope2BeThin-
IcanIwill1*Rob*-.........154
imgonadoit- ...............153.4
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Ladyboss7 *Tammy*-....223
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220
Mcchimento *Cathy*-...244.8
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-.........221................217.8
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*....314.4..............311.4
Wziswife*-...................165
Yamill1988....................
Old 02-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Team Roster:

Names........................2/10..................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

DeeBloom *Dee*-
Hope2BeThin-
IcanIwill1*Rob*-.........154
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-.........221................217.8
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*....314.4..............311.4
Yamill1988...................184.2
Old 02-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Team Roster:

DeeBloom *Dee*-
Hope2BeThin-
IcanIwill1*Rob*-.........154..................151(-3)
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220.............213.4(-6.6)
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-.........221............217.8(-3.2)
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*....314.4............311.4(-3)

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 02-17-2014 at 06:06 AM..
Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

I was down this morning to 213.4, very surprising but a nice surprise!! So that makes -6.6# for me this week! Excited for week 2. I need to get out of the 200's, I am so uncomfortable at this weight...
Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Hey ladies. I hope everyone is doing well.

I am happy to report that I lost 3 pounds brining me down to 311.4. I can't wait to get under 310. I wanted to get out of the 300s by the end of February, so I am going to work out a lot and hope that I can make it or get close.

I made some pork chops tonight. Had them with some mayo to add fat. I also had 3 ham roll ups. Not really that hungry today.
Love your new picture Vella!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A'smommy
Stats: 144/129/120 5'5
WOE: My way, Lower carb, Low Calorie
Start Date: April 8th, 2014
Wow 6.6lbs is impressive Mariah!! Great job to everyone!!

Team Roster:

A’smommy *Lloren*- ..134.5.................131.5 (-3)
DeeBloom *Dee*-
Hope2BeThin-
IcanIwill1*Rob*-.........154..................151(-3)
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220.............213.4(-6.6)
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-.........221............217.8(-3.2)
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*....314.4............311.4(-3)

I had a slip up with valentines on the weekend and spent an entire day getting water weight off from my mess up. I WILL do better this week!
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning,

Mariah great job! Well done!
Everyone is doing fantastic.

Vella, I love your new avatar.

So far today's menu should be: