Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Hi, I'm so proud of everyone. We are doing so good.

Mad 4 chillas- love bbc documentaries especially about weight or aging. Watched one about tomato paste preventing wrinkles. It was amazing you should google it. Congrats on your weight loss today. Keep up the good work. Your
Turkey Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole looks amazing. Remind me to ask you for the recipe if I forget. Btw mistakes happen, good to read you aren't wasting a second dwelling on it.

Hippygysykaren- good for you. That's an amazing accomplishment. You should be very proud. I went down the cereal isle today. The fool that I am. Completely resisted but can't get the though out of my mind. Nothing tastes better than thin helped me. I kept repeating it to myself :c) You look like you eat very few calories, am I mistaken?

Icaniwill1- thank you so much. You said it better than I ever could. I need to remember this. I think we are very similar. I too have a reaction to it. Usually I have to have something or it will bother me so making portions a priority is very important for me. I'm doing good :-) Glad to see you went for a walk. It's not always easy to get up and exercise but you always feel better afterwards. Why are you giving up coffee? That's very difficult.

Ladyboss7- haha great advice. It can get quite lengthy. thanks. Nice to see work is becoming somewhat better. I truly feel your pain. Hang in there and Vent, vent, vent if you need.

Wzlwife- great news, I'm so happy for you. I'm the same way, always feel the diet or any diet won't work for me. I think I could have written your whole post down to the meals you ate. As far as I'm concerned, your weight loss is going to happen. Keep doing what your doing!

Sammi- Good for you for walking in the cold. Don't fret over the past. Learn from it. You can do this.

A'smommy Looks like you had an amazing day. Really showed the fat cell who is boss with all that exercise. It is inspiring.

AmyP- I'd be elated to. Way to go walking in the cold. It's cold where I live tooo. Burr. Don't let anything stop you.

Have a wonderful morning everyone. I'm exhausted. My day was better than yesterday but still not over the hump. Swam 1 hour. Ate 4.4 carbs only. Way too little but I forgot to eat a bit today which is good. Maybe I'm in ketosis? Tomorrow my ketostix should be delivered. I can't wait to find out.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 02-12-2014 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: i like to correct my typos
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 05:14 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Hi teamsters, I hope everybody is doing great.
Hope2bt, I'm trying to give up coffee because I put too much sweetener in it. (insane amount) I used to joke to folks that I don't drink beverages because when I drink tea or coffee, what I end up drinking is some kind of 'beverage flavoured syrups', now that I don't eat sugar, I still want the same taste experience, which means I end up putting too much sweetener. Since my ephedra mishap, my kidneys let me know when they are not a happy camper. And I have been having a dull ache around my lower back, typical pain I get when I eat something not so good for them.

Guys I have a confession.
I 'found' (I ought to know better than bringing the darn things home) a bag of roasted peanuts, whilst rooting around my kitchen cupboards late last night...as late as it was, I scoffed the whole bag, all 200g of it.
This morning when I weighed I had lost 1lb...I was gutted. Can you imagine how much weight loss I would have showed were it not for my indiscretion of last night?
I was doing so well. My walking was on target so was my eating then..Bam!!

I am not beating myself up over it...I can do better and I will do better. And thanks to this challenge, I am taking a much healthier mental attitude to it. Otherwise I would have been in a full blown carb eating Olympics by now.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:12 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
I am not much of a Will power type person.
Much prefer Skill power.
I love nuts. After my debacle last night, I have today decided to get me Peanut plus powder. Same product as this Protein Plus Peanut Flour
Hopefully it will satisfy my nut cravings, and stop me going crazy for the stuff.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cajungirl200
Stats: 238/221/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 01/02/14
Wow guys!!! I've been MIA for a couple of days but everyone is doing SO GREAT!!! I just want to say I love the energy, enthusiasm and comradery of this group!! It's so nice to have a group of people that actually encourage this way of eating instead of getting looked at with "that look". Yeah, that look like "oh that's so unhealthy to eat that much fat and protein.". LOL!!

icaniwill1 I am so there with you on the nut addiction Sunflower seeds are my vice. I seriously could eat them for a meal. Don't sweat eating those peanuts lady!! Just think of it this way, compare the "worst" thing you ate last night--peanuts--to the "worst" thing you would've eaten before changing your WOE. Peanuts still far outways any cake, cookies, candy or any other junk you could've had. Good for you on ordering the Peanut Powder!! I'm so curious to see what your opinion is on it.

I'm finally back in ketosis after getting knocked out last weekend. I've been eating alot of eggs guys!! Just curious, how many average eggs do ya'll eat in a day? I noticed after looking at my food I've eaten this week, I'm pretty much doing a meat and eggs fast without doing it intentional. I bought a 5 dozen box of eggs Friday before last and had to go buy more 2 days ago!!! Geez! Haha!!

Hope everyone has a great, positive and low carb-filled day!!

Dana
Cajungirl200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cajungirl200
Stats: 238/221/160
Start Date: 01/02/14
Oh one more thing! For those of you that are like me that struggle to get water in, I got this free app called Daily Water. I get so busy at work, that I would forget to drink water throughout the day, even thought the bottle was sitting 3 inches from me on my desk
With the app, you can set reminders as often as you'd like and it sends an alert to "Drink More Water". As silly as it sounds it works!! Lol! I have it sent every hour starting at 9:00 am and ending about 4:00 pm. I've found since I've gotten the app, my water intake has tripled. It also has these glasses that you can tap to keep track of your water intake.
Just wanted to pass it along!! Ya'll have a great day!
Cajungirl200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungirl200 View Post
Oh one more thing! For those of you that are like me that struggle to get water in, I got this free app called Daily Water. I get so busy at work, that I would forget to drink water throughout the day, even thought the bottle was sitting 3 inches from me on my desk
With the app, you can set reminders as often as you'd like and it sends an alert to "Drink More Water". As silly as it sounds it works!! Lol! I have it sent every hour starting at 9:00 am and ending about 4:00 pm. I've found since I've gotten the app, my water intake has tripled. It also has these glasses that you can tap to keep track of your water intake.
Love the idea of this, Ive been really trying to amp up my water intake so I will be downloading this today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
Hi teamsters, I hope everybody is doing great.
Hope2bt, I'm trying to give up coffee because I put too much sweetener in it. (insane amount) I used to joke to folks that I don't drink beverages because when I drink tea or coffee, what I end up drinking is some kind of 'beverage flavoured syrups', now that I don't eat sugar, I still want the same taste experience, which means I end up putting too much sweetener. Since my ephedra mishap, my kidneys let me know when they are not a happy camper. And I have been having a dull ache around my lower back, typical pain I get when I eat something not so good for them.

I 'found' (I ought to know better than bringing the darn things home) a bag of roasted peanuts, whilst rooting around my kitchen cupboards late last night...as late as it was, I scoffed the whole bag, all 200g of it.
This morning when I weighed I had lost 1lb...I was gutted. Can you imagine how much weight loss I would have showed were it not for my indiscretion of last night?

I am not beating myself up over it...I can do better and I will do better. And thanks to this challenge, I am taking a much healthier mental attitude to it. Otherwise I would have been in a full blown carb eating Olympics by now.
Good morning Rob! I also have a major nut vice however mine is more towards cashews and macadamia nuts (LOVE THEM) but alas I cannot be trusted around them as I will eat a whole container without blinking an eye . I also really love Peanut Butter.

Thats still awesome about being down a pound though, don't beat yourself up, just pick yourself, dust yourself off, and rid the nuts of your household !

Also, I have tried Powdered Peanut Butter in the past to add to my smoothies and I do really like it, gives me that nut flavor with less carbs and less fat. The brand I've used is PB2--they also have a chocolate flavor but I was always afraid that would send me off the deep end so I've never tried it.
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post

Mad 4 chillas- love bbc documentaries especially about weight or aging. Watched one about tomato paste preventing wrinkles. It was amazing you should google it. Congrats on your weight loss today. Keep up the good work. Your
Turkey Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole looks amazing. Remind me to ask you for the recipe if I forget. Btw mistakes happen, good to read you aren't wasting a second dwelling on it.
So the recipe of this is a little bizarre
I live alone and dislike going grocery shopping so I tend to get creative....

The turkey is actually from a whole turkey that I made in a crock-pot...yes a crock put...I am actually that lazy!

Turkey Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
-1# of Turkey Meat (Shredded or Chopped)
-2-1/2 Cups Frozen Broccoli Florets
-2-1/2 Cups Frozen Cauliflower Florets
-4 Oz. Cream Cheese (I used the 1/3 fat)
-1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
-3 Tbsp. Butter (Melted)
-1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
-1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
-1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar
-1 Tbsp. Minced Onion
-1/2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
-1 Tsp. Sage (Optional)
-Salt & Pepper to taste

So in a nutshell I took all the wet ingredients for the sauce (cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese & sharp cheddar) and threw it all in the food processor. Blend til thorougly mixed. Then I added in the seasonings and gave it another good blend. In a mixing bowl, mix 1# of the shredded/diced turkey with 2-1/2 cups of frozen broccoli and 2-1/2 cups of frozen cauliflower. Next, take the sauce mixture out of the food processor and pour onto the turkey and veggie mixture (its a pretty thick mixture). Mix until well incorporated. Place into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until its bubbly and a little brown). I made 4 BIG servings out of this.

Per Serving: 608 calories, 32g protein, 9g carbs, 2g fiber, 7g net carbs, 49g fat & 743mg sodium.

A little high in calories but its very filling and the portion size is genorous!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

So last night I was feeling really exhausted and was a little shy on my steps. I plan to make up for it today by getting in the ones I missed yestereday (about 2,500 extra steps). Otherwise things went alright, and I was down once more on the scale today. I cannot wait to see where I am Monday. Im so proud of all of us!! I also have a late day today because we are slow at work so Instead of going in at 9 I dont have to be there til 1, which is fine by me, so food is a little off my regular timing. Planned food for the day:

Brunch:
-3 Eggs Scrambled in 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter & 2 Tbsp. Sharp Cheddar
-2 Slices Bacon
-1 Cup of Coffee W-1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Dunkin Donuts Creamer (LOVE this stuff!)
Snack (probably around 4):
-4 Oz. Tuna Salad W-1.5 Tbsp. Mayo, 2 Tsp. Relish & 1 Tsp. Mustard
-1/2 Avocado
-1 Pepsi One
Dinner (around 7:30/8:00):
-Turkey Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole (This is the last of it!)
-1 String Cheese
-1 Pepsi One
Snack:
-1 Cup Coffee W-1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Dunkin Donuts Creamer

and 64+ Oz. Water

~9g Net Carbs.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning ladies!!

Quick check in before work, it's great to see everyone doing so well!

Mariah, you're doing such a great job with your menu....and giving me terrific food ides, so keep 'em coming!! Thanks for posting the video. I saw a video in another thread that I'll try and post over here it is the BEST explanation I've ever seen a Doctor give on why good fats are so important in our WOE, and how exactly insulin resistance / metabolic syndrome works and how to overcome it. I found to be extremely helpful....and the doctor is kind of hot too....so that helped!

Rob, I don't think indulging in roasted peanuts is so bad....maybe if they were chocolate covered then you might have to worry....but I find nuts to be a GREAT addition to my WOE, and sometimes I honestly think that when we "surprise" our bodies by doing something unexpected like that it actually helps us to drop a little weight we might not otherwise drop....think about it for a minute, how many times have you been perfectly on plan and yet the scales won't budge?? It's maddening really. Now don't misunderstand, constant "cheating" or deviating from plan is not good.....that's why we're all here after gaining and losing so many times, am I right??? At any rate, I think you're doing GREAT.....and if anyone pops into confess to eating an entire birthday cake in one sitting then that'll be a whole different conversation!

Hope2b.....that totally sounds like ketosis to me! I know that's the only time I "forget" to eat! Seriously though, I betcha anything when you check your ketostix you'll be there. When I had my slight "wine" indulgence the other night it didn't knock me OUT of ketosis, but it did lower my ketones to minor instead of major....yesterday I was super strict and totally slipped back into major ketosis again and you know what? I could tell exactly when it happened, because I was EXHAUSTED all morning yesterday from lack of sleep, then in the early afternoon I suddenly was AWAKE....ALERT...and had TONS of energy....and I was up fully alert until 1:00 am!! That kind of alertness only happens when I'm in deep ketosis....sure enough my ketostick this morning was dark purple again!!

Karen, good job at the grocery store!! It's tough to do when you're spoiling the little ones!

Dana, Thanks for the water app suggestion....I really struggle with getting enough water in, so I will try that!

Well kids, yesterday was MUCH better at work. We got the water main fixed, water was restored and the residents were MUCH nicer! In fact I had several residents go out of their to thank me and show me their appreciation for all we do for them and reassure me that they LOVE living here. It really made my day and reminded me why I love what I do.

Ok off to another day of work....it's ALMOST the weekend!

Have a great day and I'll check in with you later.

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wzlswife
Stats: 160.8/159.2/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 9/5/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Lol, I had the same darn question when I started!! Ok, there are two secrets:

1) you can left click on what someone's said and highlight it, then click the "quote" button in the bottom right of the box and it will open up a new reply box with that sentence at the top.

2) what I normally do, is open a new Post reply box to type whatever I'm going to say, then just scroll down below where you're typing, you'll see the lineage of everyone's posts.

Hope that helps!!
Thank you so much for the tips!!

Quote:
BTW, I don't think anyone expects anyone else to respond to EVERYONE every time, that's way to much pressure!! Don't sweat about missing something or someone now and then, the whole idea is just to stay plugged and build relationships.
Thank you

Quote:
Hi Guys, I hope everybody is having a great day.
Mine is not so bad...I am off work till Friday, so I slept in today and generally lazed around until I went for a walk.
Oh caved in and had a coffee..it was delish. I had this rush of energy and decided to add another mile to my usual walk so I'm pretty chuffed about that.

Wslswife.. You just typed my thoughts. how uncanny that you are able to articulate what I call my subterranean disquiets.

LOL - I love the term "subterranean disquiets". It's amazing how much of a roll, whether good or bad, that our subconcious plays.

Hey about remembering what each and all of us said and, what to reply...remember it's about accepting each other as we are.
There is no perfect way to be here. We are an inclusive bunch. What makes us unique, is that we envelope each other, in the warmth of our affection, as we embark on this journey together. Just like in real life...We have that friend that just sits and smiles as some of the parrots of the group like moi talk for England.[
Thank you. Those words just gave me a warm fuzzy.

Last edited by Wzlswife; 02-13-2014 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: trying out the multi quote
Wzlswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post

Wzlwife- great news, I'm so happy for you. I'm the same way, always feel the diet or any diet won't work for me. I think I could have written your whole post down to the meals you ate. As far as I'm concerned, your weight loss is going to happen. Keep doing what your doing!

Have a wonderful morning everyone. I'm exhausted. My day was better than yesterday but still not over the hump. Swam 1 hour. Ate 4.4 carbs only. Way too little but I forgot to eat a bit today which is good. Maybe I'm in ketosis? Tomorrow my ketostix should be delivered. I can't wait to find out.
Thank you so much! I hope you are in ketosis!

Quote:

I'm glad you aren't beating yourself up. It could have been so much worse.

[quote=Cajungirl200;16798598]Oh one more thing! For those of you that are like me that struggle to get water in, I got this free app called Daily Water./QUOTE]

I will definately check that out. I am not very good about water. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
So the recipe of this is a little bizarre
I live alone and dislike going grocery shopping so I tend to get creative....

The turkey is actually from a whole turkey that I made in a crock-pot...yes a crock put...I am actually that lazy!
size is genorous!
Thanks for the recipe - sounds wonderful! When you cook turkey in the crockpot, do you do it rotisserie style with the aluminum foil?

Quote:
Good morning ladies!!

Well kids, yesterday was MUCH better at work. We got the water main fixed, water was restored and the residents were MUCH nicer! In fact I had several residents go out of their to thank me and show me their appreciation for all we do for them and reassure me that they LOVE living here. It really made my day and reminded me why I love what I do.

Ok off to another day of work....it's ALMOST the weekend!

Have a great day and I'll check in with you later.
Glad to hear that your day went much better!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I think I'm kinda getting the hang of the multi-quote. Thanks for the advice guys!
I am absolutely starving today, so here's the menu:

B - coffee, cream, equal
L - chx breast, provolone, mustard, mayo
salad with romaine, a couple cubes of ham, a couple mushroom slices, a couple cucumber slices, a bit of celery and ranch.
D - parmesan chicken thighs, cheesy broccoli
S - I don't normally snack, but I'm thinking today I might need some cheese crisps.

Have a great day, everybody!

Last edited by Wzlswife; 02-13-2014 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 02-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yamill1988
Stats: 184.2/179.6/120
WOE: Atkins/Low Carbs
Start Date: 2/10/2014
Hey I'm new here and I would love to join this challenge because I want to keep myself accountable and I also started on 2/10/14.
Yamill1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

I accidently unsubscribed lol
Old 02-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Hi Everyone,

Oh Mariah your casserole sounds delicious . I am definitely going to make this. I love casseroles. I also watched the video. It was very interesting. I just want to keep up this WOE.
Yamill1988. This is such a nice group here!
Cajungirl 200, I just added the water app. Thank you, I know this will help and encourage me to drink more.
I walked two miles today and ate all low carb meals.
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Checking in!

It's been 32 days since I started back. I now only have to Prilosec once every other day at this point. It is amazing how cutting out the wheat takes that pain away. I used to take it twice a day and had the burning so bad that it felt like the food was passing an open wound. I'm doing pretty well this time. Today's weigh in was 18.6 lbs. in the 32 days. I am watching calories and very little cheese and dairy this time around. The next two days are going to be rough. My birthday is tomorrow and my son and husband are going to take my out to eat at one of the buffets at the casinos in Mississippi. It is going to take a great deal of constraint. Saturday, my daughter wants to take me out as well. We are going to Applebee's so I should be able to choose wisely. My aunt sent one of her famous cakes for my birthday but I won't open the box yet because I know I will want to eat it. I overate Super Bowl Sunday and it took a week to get back at that weight. I am determined right now to stay on plan. Maybe - one sugar free dessert tomorrow!

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hi all! Sounds like everyone is doing well! Rob...I can't even LICK the knife I use for kids pb&j's...peanut butter is the devil for me! It tricked me for a long time trying to sound low carbish and kinda okay but it is NOT! Well..for me...lol! But really I don't think your peanut indulgence was too terrible...coulda been cupcakes

I want some of that casserole..hungry and dinner is late tonight. This weekend will be interesting, I am going out to eat tomorrow evening, then have a kid birthday party to go to Saturday (pizza and cake offered, of course...). I think I can handle the eating out as we are going to a steak place and I will just steal some tops off of pizza if I need to. Two of my best friends will be at the party and being the wonderful friends they are they would totally yell "FATTY" at me if I requested it if they see me with cake. They might run afterwards, but they'd do it..
Old 02-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

That is so awesome that your pain has become manageable! Happy pre-birthday and enjoy your meal at applebees!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Damn kindle is acting like auto correct. Cathy - that is awesome that your pain is now manageable!
Amy - Happy pre-birthday! Applebees rocks and you will be fine. Have a great time!

Last edited by Wzlswife; 02-13-2014 at 06:40 PM..
Old 02-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the link to the video I mentioned earlier. It's not very long, but it sure is informative!!

Burn Fat Not Sugar - Diet and Exercise 2.0
Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
I accidently unsubscribed lol
Lol, welcome back Mariah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
I walked two miles today and ate all low carb meals.
Way to go Sammi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
. I am determined right now to stay on plan. Maybe - one sugar free dessert tomorrow!
You can do this....even on your birthday!!! Tomorrow's our wedding anniversary, but we're BOTH doing the same WOE, so we've made our plans and will hold each other accountable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
being the wonderful friends they are they would totally yell "FATTY" at me if I requested it if they see me with cake. They might run afterwards, but they'd do it..
Now those are real friends!!

Today was good here, ate on plan....we hardly go out anymore, DH and I are both doing the same WOE so we find it easier to just stay home. (Cheaper too!) We are going out to lunch tomorrow for our anniversary, but we've planned it out and we're going to a rib place that has AWESOME Tri-tip roast and salads....so we'll be able to stay on plan.

I hope everyone had a GREAT day, and has a WONDERFUL Valentines day tomorrow!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quick note - tomorrow is my 10 yr anniversary - I won't be checking in until MONDAY. Great job everyone and keep up the great work! Mad4chillas-thank you so much for this challenge. Rock it this weekend guys!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yamill1988
Stats: 184.2/179.6/120
WOE: Atkins/Low Carbs
Start Date: 2/10/2014
Ok here we go

*Profile*

Name: Yamill
Height: 4'11"
Starting Weight: 184.2 (2/10/14)
90 Day Goal Weight: 155.0 (-29)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 120
Method of Weight Loss: low carb
Motivation: Want to wear dresses this summer and every summer after that!!!
Yamill1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wzlswife View Post
Quick note - tomorrow is my 10 yr anniversary - I won't be checking in until MONDAY. Great job everyone and keep up the great work! Mad4chillas-thank you so much for this challenge. Rock it this weekend guys!!!
Happy Anniversary!! Valentines day is our wedding anniversary too, we'll be celebrating 27 years tomorrow!!

Yamill, happy to have you here!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Way tired today

I'm completely exhausted. wasn't able to concentrate well or do anything well today. not sure if it's due to ketosis metabolism shift or decreasing my coffee intake by one cup or eating too few calories. so i decided to through caution to the wind and have as much chicken, skin and mayonnaise as I needed to feel satisfied in order to see if I felt better and I did. Problem is now i feel down that I overate calories. probably ate 2000 calories and i want to stay at 1500. total carbs today were about 12. tried on jeans tonight because i feel like i'm gaining weight and they were tighter I'm going to try to get back on track with positive thinking tomorrow and get some rest now. I feel like I'm sabotaging myself. I will just have to have faith that my body will lose weight up until I can verify it. Wish I was able to step on the scale now. But I just wouldn't be able to handle it. I can't wait until I can on the 24th. Lesson learned- I will never not weigh myself for 3 months. It's funny how every week turns into the next and before you know it, its a long time ago. weekly weigh ins or even daily weigh ins are important for me.

my ketosis sticks didn't come today because of the snow storm in ny

I hope i fell better tomorrow

Tackling obstacles is not easy. But we will persevere.

Have a good morning ladies.
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey everyone! Final are over! Now I have a week break! My plan is to get organized for the spring semester. Figure out some meal prep plans for me and my husband, and an exercise schedule. Its ALWAYS the regular semesters that throw me off my WOE. Every single year I do fine and loss weight during summer and winter sessions but gain it right back during fall and spring so I need a plan this time.

Bad news though, the scale said I gained some weight back up to 314.8. I try not to rely too much on the scale. I haven't cheated or changed my way of eating so I was bummed this morning. I will just keep doing what I am doing and hope that I lose it again. It just sucks because I have worked sooo hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungirl200 View Post
Thanks for the idea. Im going to download it right now

Quote:
Here's the link to the video I mentioned earlier. It's not very long, but it sure is informative!!

Burn Fat Not Sugar - Diet and Exercise 2.0
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wzlswife View Post
Happy anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamill1988 View Post
Ok here we go

*Profile*

Name: Yamill
Height: 4'11"
Starting Weight: 184.2 (2/10/14)
90 Day Goal Weight: 155.0 (-29)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 120
Method of Weight Loss: low carb
Motivation: Want to wear dresses this summer and every summer after that!!!
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Happy Anniversary!! Valentines day is our wedding anniversary too, we'll be celebrating 27 years tomorrow!!

Yamill, happy to have you here!
congratulations on 27 years! originally I was supposed to get legally married Feb 14th, then have the wedding in the summer. We I wasn't paying attention to the dates and when I realized it was the 14th I was like oh no haha. I am not into Valentines that much. So I did it the week before which was Chinese new years
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imgonadoit
Stats: 160/151.0/120
WOE: keto
Start Date: jan 2014
Hi everyone!!!

Hope everyone stays strong through Valentine's day! It's gonna be a tough one for me being single and all. I might get started on making a lc dessert just so that I don't feel too deprived. Maybe some cream cheese clouds~
imgonadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:32 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hippygypsykaren
Stats: (277) 273.5/255/160
I just tried to make my longest post ever and the web ate it.

Hope2bthin - Thanks, I'm kind of proud of myself for the grocery store victory. As far as the calories go, not so much. The day before I ate a dozen chicken wings with ranch dressing. It can be almost impossible for me to lose weight (regardless of eating plan, exercise and calories consumed due to unusual metabolic and thyroid issues) so I'm trying to eat only when I'm hungry and only then until satisfied. If that makes one day look lean, that's okay with me. I'm hoping that intuitive eating will help.

Congratulations anniversary celebrators, and many happy returns!
hippygypsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:47 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Happy Anniversary Tammy and Wziwife. Enjoy your day.
I am going to make Mariah's casserole today. I might use chicken instead of turkey. Yummy!
Cathy good for you not having to take the medication everyday. I notice if I keep to low carb faithfully I do not have stomach pains or burning. When I have carbs or eat late, my goodness I am in so much pain.
My goal today is walking two miles and eating low carb meals. I wll check in later and try to post my menu.

Happy Valentine' Day ladies, have a wonderful day!
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Happy Anniversary Tammy and Wziwife. Enjoy your day.
I am going to make Mariah's casserole today. I might use chicken instead of turkey. Yummy!
Cathy good for you not having to take the medication everyday. I notice if I keep to low carb faithfully I do not have stomach pains or burning. When I have carbs or eat late, my goodness I am in so much pain.
My goal today is walking two miles and eating low carb meals. I wll check in later and try to post my menu.

Happy Valentine' Day ladies, have a wonderful day!
Hope you like it! Since the fat content is high, its very filling! But still tasty! Feel free to make it your own, I just went with whatever I had in my freezer and pantry