Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Team Roster:

Names........................2/10.........2/17..........2/24.........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy *Lloren*- ..134.5
AmyP *Amy*-.............257
Cajungirl200 *Dana*-..226.2
DeeBloom *Dee*-
HippyGyspyKaren *Karen*-..260.2
Hope2BeThin-
IcanIwill1*Rob*-.........154
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Ladyboss7 *Tammy*-....223
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220
Mcchimento *Cathy*-.....244.8
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-.........221
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*-
Wziswife*-...................165
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
Hi Sounds great. Would it be possible for me to join even though I'm not weighing myself until the 24st?

I just started atkins induction after losing 60 pounds over two years. I was doing so well up until 2 months ago. haven't weighed myself since around then and I don't want to bring myself down so I'm waiting until after I finish induction to weigh in. Hopefully I'll be close to the weight I was 2 months ago. Either way, I'll be closer than I am today and more equipped to handle the bad news.

But it's all gonna be a distant memory because I'm doing a 3 month challenge. And we're all going to succeed!

Today is day 4 of induction for me. yesterday was a good day. I finally made it back to the gym after 2 weeks. i'm certain there are people there amazed by how easy it is for me to put on weight. I should be studied lol. I swam an hour. felt good. I'm going to commit myself to swim 6 days a week for 1 hour. If I cannot make it to the gym I'm going to bike in my house watching TV or jog outdoors for an hour. No excuses. I gotta big ole butt to kick. :c)

You are more than to join!! Just post your weight when you do weigh-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Good Morning Ladies,

Everyone is doing fantastic! Everyday for me is a challenge . I also seem to do better if I rotate my menu with just a few foods. I love the mock danishes, but when I eat one, I tend to crave sweets , so I'm going to try to stay away for awhile. Today I will make a vegetable soup. Soup is one of my favorite meals. I can eat soup everyday and not get tired of it. I count all my carbs daily. It sounds so simple, under 20 carbs and exercise, then you lose weight. Why is it so hard to stay on track?

How much water is everyone drinking? I try to get in 64 oz daily, but it is hard for me. I will check in later and post my menu for the day. Right now I am going to walk three miles.

Have a wonderful day ladies.
I've been making an effort to get at least 64 oz. of just plain water each day...I do really well with getting at least 2/3 of it in the morning/afternoon but when I get home its much harder. Happy to say that I succeeded last night though!

I still drink coffee and am trying to limit my diet soda to 2x per day. Some days are easier than others

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
Mariah, I cannot thank you enough for starting this challenge.
Yesterday evening, I was in the grocery store, and had an attack of the cravings.
Every single Choccy-carby-sugary stuff had Rob emblazoned on it.
The devil on my shoulder was whispering..'go-on-go-on-you've-been-good-it-won't-hurt-to-indulge-you'll-work-it-off-cmmn' only the thought of this challenge, and how I was going to come here, with my tail between my legs, to tell my team mates what I had done, gave me the resolve to grit my teeth and not give in.

Sammi, Thanks for the chart. It will make knowing our progress so much easier.
I resolved today, to start drinking 2ltrs of water daily again, (about 64oz or there about). I took up coffee after almost 30yrs of avoiding the stuff. I noticed I also started having some pain in my lower back around the kidney area. I use too much sweetener, I just stopped. I don't want to mess with stuff, not when things are going so well.

mcchimento, I feel for you. before I knew that sodium caused me to retain fluid or that eating high carb also did that to me, I used to despair at gaining 3lbs when all I did was eat salty stuff.
It will soon flush out, never mind. Have a safe trip to main office.

Dana. Well done on throwing out the sunflower seeds. I have the same issue with nuts. I never ever do a handful. I end up staring at the bottom of the packet wondering where it all went.lol

Thank you so much to all the members of the team. You are indeed making a difference, and its so early in the challenge, I'm sure by the time 90 days rolls along, we will find another challenge to keep us all together wow.
Good for you Rob!! You guys have been in the back of my mind as well! So glad to have you all! I just got into work this morning and one of my office mates has extra girl scout cookies that she is selling. Thought about buying them and putting them in the freezer but then realized thatd be a foolish mistake! I just have to remember they arent the last girl scout cookies ever so I will be better off by abstaining....
Old 02-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Good morning everyone!

Yesterday went well.. I was very hungry though. I am trying to get back into ketosis constantly, not showing much this morning. Weight is still up three (!!) pounds from last week, before the devil chinese buffet. I am glad we are doing this 90 days also because I need to chill with the 'off' days. I gain so very easily and lose so very slowly it is just not worth it anymore for my mental health!

I am beginning to worry that I really need to examine my dairy intake. I did a Whole30 a while ago and found a big intolerance to gluten so I normally avoid all grains, but DAIRY..I live in WISCONSIN! The land of DAIRY!

Started tracking again on M F P, we will see where that leads me. I will also try to get my water intake up. Also going to make it a goal for the week to eat MEALS and not snacks.
I hear you Amy! Im from MN and lived in WI for 7 years. I cannot live without cheese and dairy but I do have to watch my intake of it otherwise I go a little overboard!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

First day yesterday went really well! Ive made little goals for myself and I was able to stick to them so yay me!

I made a goal of getting at least 10,000 steps per day and after I got home from work I only had about 4,000, so this girl marched around the house and walked in place while watching TV. Im sure my neighbors downstairs loved hearing me march around but it felt good once I got past 10,000! I also got in all my water yesterday and then some 64+ oz.

The only thing I think I could work on is reducing my usage of sugar free syrup in my coffee---I'm trying to limit my artificial sweeteners to about 3 servings a day and yesterday I had about 2 tbsp. of SF Torani and 2 Pepsi One's (~4 servings). Today will be better though!

I was also down -.6 this morning. Progress!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcfamily14
Stats: 267/260/175
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 2/10/14
I just joined LC Friends today and would love to be able to join your challenge. I need the motivation - especially with the weigh in being Mondays because weekends tend to be the death of me. I started induction yesterday. My family will be moving this summer and I would like to be a smaller size.

Name: LCFamily14- Jamie
Height: 5'11
Current Weight: 267
90 Day Goal Weight: 217
Ultimate Goal Weight: 170
Method of Weight Loss: Low carb
Motivation: I want to change they way my family and I eat. I want to lose the weight and keep it off and teach my kids better eating habits.
lcfamily14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning ladies!

to all the newbies!!!

LaVella, you are always so busy with classes and work, I don't know how you do it!!

Rob & Dana, great job on fighting temptation, you guys rock!!

Sammi, that chart is fabulous!!

Well, I'm off to inspect more apartments and climb more stairs....time for more fat burning!!!

Have a great day girls and I"ll check in as often as I can!!
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wzlswife
Stats: 166/159/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/11/2014
Good Morning! Sounds like everyone is doing a great job!

I had to add a couple of things to my menu last night. I got so hungry late last night, so I ate a can of sardines w/ some cheese crisps. It hit the spot and stopped the hunger without messing up my carb count I forgot how ravenous I am the first week of induction

B - coffee, cream, equal
L - chx breast, provolone, mayo, mustard, romaine
D - not sure (maybe parmesan coated cube steaks)

Have a great and successful day! I will try and check in later.
Wzlswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
LB7 wow at how much walking you are having to do. I love walking and I do at least 4.7miles a day.

I was right to suspect my new coffee habit for my back ache.
I have not had any pain today. I quit as soon as I began to think it might be my new indulgence...but mehn that coffee was fly.
I sweetened it to my taste (a way of saying very very very very sweet)
Then I added 20ml of single cream (30cals), vanilla or coconut or chocolate essence. Whatever flavour essence I fancied really, and a bit of guar gum which thickened it. It was like some sort of warm soothing decadence. It was not as thick as a shake but not quite liquidy like regular cups of coffee.
Then I sat down and sipped. oh la la la.

12yrs ago I took an ephedra type supplement to suppress my appetite, It messed with my kidneys. Ever since I've had to be careful. If only I knew what I know now, that once I went low carb, my ravenous hunger pangs were as good as gone.
Oh well.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: someonelikeyou
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-Start January 2014
Hi everyone - I will write more later. Insanely busy day...

Wanted to give my 2/10 weight for the stats list: 200.8

Looking forward to chatting with you all soon.

Someonelikeyou (Emme)

Last edited by someonelikeyou; 02-11-2014 at 12:43 PM..
someonelikeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hippygypsykaren
Stats: (277) 273.5/255/160
My weight loss is very sporadic. I'll lose a few pounds over a few days and then not lose anything for a week or several, so I'm happy to report that today was a scale victory day.

The food I have planned for today is:

1/3 lb hamburger with about an ounce of blue cheese
12 chicken wings with hot sauce
1 carrot stick and 2-3 celery sticks
up to 2 oz ranch dressing (I never eat it all, but that's what comes in the cup.)

copious amounts of club soda and tea - today's flavor is green tea with black currant and vanilla. No sweetener, no sugar, no cream.

If I need a snack or something sweet, I'll have the last of the sugar free jello cups with about a tablespoon of heavy cream floating on top.

I was a little carb heavy yesterday (vegetable beef soup for dinner, and I had a large portion, and I had a large serving of veggies at lunch yesterday too, plus a salad) so I don't feel terrible about being veggie light for today.
hippygypsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Welcome new challengers

I have a break between classes so I thought I would check in. I had the same thing for breakfast lunch as I always do. Tonight I will be having hot dogs in bowl. I will also be doing a walk away the pounds video and my strength training video.

Quote:

i'm certain there are people there amazed by how easy it is for me to put on weight. I should be studied lol. I swam an hour. felt good. I'm going to commit myself to swim 6 days a week for 1 hour. If I cannot make it to the gym I'm going to bike in my house watching TV or jog outdoors for an hour. No excuses. I gotta big ole butt to kick. :c)
Same here. The most I have gained is 13 pounds in one week, and 100 pounds is about 3 months... Good job on the commitment to work out

Quote:
I am beginning to worry that I really need to examine my dairy intake. I did a Whole30 a while ago and found a big intolerance to gluten so I normally avoid all grains, but DAIRY..I live in WISCONSIN!
I love cheese, cream cheese and sour cream too much to survive without it lol I can't eat grains either, but that's because I super sensitive to insulin.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

OMG ladies....this day is INSANE!!!

So, I manage a very nice Apartment Community right on the coast in So. Cal....and I love it....I do....but days like today are NOT FAIR!

I have the City Housing Authority out here inspecting units, which is fine the inspector is very nice and everything is going well, except for 2 different apartments that the residents are in the midst of eviction and BOTH their apartments are so disgusting that the City Inspector wrote them up for health and safety / sanitation violations....THEN....in the midst of all of that I have a water main burst.....inexplicably....and I have flooding issues in half the property!!! I have 3 apartments getting flooded, the plumbing company working as diligently as possible to get the situation contained and resolved....and of course this meant an emergency water shut off!! Most of the residents are being nice, but a few of them are so abusive and they're acting as though somehow we've done this just to ruin their day!!!

To top it all off, my WONDERFUL assistant, whom I do adore was kind enough to bring donuts in this morning!!!!! Do you know HOW BADLY I want a donut and some coffee right now? (well either that or bourbon! )

But I REFUSE to give in to the stress and cheat. Instead I popped in here to vent and let it out.....and now I feel better, thank you!!!

PS....If any of you rent an apartment, please...PLEASE think twice before yelling at the office staff over something that they really have no control over. I know there are rotten eggs out there, but most of us really do care about our residents!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 02-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Hugs LB7..days like you are having do pass eventually.
Well done for passing on the donuts.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Food went pretty well today. I was starving after work today though and was craving something sweet, so while I had some chicken wings in the oven for dinner, I made a cup of coffee with some Unsweetened Creamer and Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup---curbed the craving of something sweet so disaster averted for today.

B:
-1 Ham & Cheese Omelet
-2 Slices Bacon
-36 Oz. Water
L:
-Turkey Broccoli & Cauliflower Casserole
-1 String Cheese
-1 Pepsi One
S:
-1 String Cheese
-1 Coffee W-2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Creamer & 1 Tbsp. SF Torani
D:
-4 Oz. Chicken Wings
-10 Small Pieces of Celery
-3 Tbsp. Blue Cheese Dressing
-1 Pepsi One
S:
-1 Coffee W-2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Creamer & 1 Tbsp. SF Torani
-32 Oz. Water

~19g Net Carbs
Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imgonadoit
Stats: 160/151.0/120
WOE: keto
Start Date: jan 2014
Hi everyone! This looks like a great group! May I join? I know I'm a little late but I'll input my weight from the 10th.

Name: imgonadoit
Height: 5'5 1/2
Current Weight: 151
90 Day Goal Weight: 120
Ultimate Goal Weight: 120
Method of Weight Loss: LCHF
Motivation: I want to finally overcome my depression by reaching my goal weight by my birthday this year = regain confidence! AND I've also quit smoking.

Team Roster:

Names........................2/10.........2/17..........2/24.........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy *Lloren*- ..134.5
AmyP *Amy*-.............257
Cajungirl200 *Dana*-..226.2
DeeBloom *Dee*-
HippyGyspyKaren *Karen*-..260.2
Hope2BeThin-
IcanIwill1*Rob*-.........154
imgonadoit- ...............153.4
Jeaniem *Jeanie*- 149
Ladyboss7 *Tammy*-....223
Mad4Chillas *Mariah*...220
Mcchimento *Cathy*-.....244.8
Pcorra47 *Pamela*-
Sammi *Sammi*-.........221
Someonelikeyou-
Vella Marie *Lavella*-
Wziswife*-...................165
Old 02-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Today was a bit of a struggle

Hi everyone! Hope we are all staying strong.Today was hard. It tested my determination. And still is, unfortunately. i was super hungry. Started early in the morning. Felt like I was going through detox . Got Headache and shaky. But I stayed on track. Think I could have easily continued eating after I was not hungry but thought of our Team. I tracked all my foods and determined i ate 1550 calories today. I'm drinking like a gallon of water, probably more. If not for the water, I don't know if I would have made it through the day. I always rationalize the reason for my hunger being due to thirst and tell myself to have another glass or two. Actually i bought a cool water bottle that is 16 oz. I count the first 4 I drink and then stop as a reward to myself for a job well done. Lol. i love filling it up when its empty I even doubled the water in my coffee to make 2 cups instead of one and I had tea. I think swimming an hour is tough when you first start a diet but I really want to succeed. I'm so tired of having weight interfere with my life.

I'd like to write a bit more in response to a few posts I read today but I just don't have it in me tonight.

May we all have a good night and great morning.

thank you so much for welcoming me. It made me really happy.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 02-11-2014 at 08:13 PM..
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:54 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Good Morning,

I ate clean yesterday. I was hoping to walk three miles but I could only have time for 1 1/2 miles. Hopefully now my numbers will stop bouncing around. I have been stuck for two months now.
We are getting ice and snow tonight through tomorrow. Well, spring is coming very soon!
imgonadoit, this is a great group. Congrats on quitting smoking!

B
Eggs and ham
24 oz water

L
Barbeque chicken, salad
16 oz water

S
16 oz water
Jello

D
Beef stirfry, low carb
16 oz water

Now I will walk three miles.

Have a great day everyone.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A'smommy
Stats: 144/129/120 5'5
WOE: My way, Lower carb, Low Calorie
Start Date: April 8th, 2014
Quote:
Hi everyone! Hope we are all staying strong.Today was hard. It tested my determination. And still is, unfortunately. i was super hungry. Started early in the morning. Felt like I was going through detox . Got Headache and shaky. But I stayed on track. Think I could have easily continued eating after I was not hungry but thought of our Team. I tracked all my foods and determined i ate 1550 calories today. I'm drinking like a gallon of water, probably more. If not for the water, I don't know if I would have made it through the day. I always rationalize the reason for my hunger being due to thirst and tell myself to have another glass or two. Actually i bought a cool water bottle that is 16 oz. I count the first 4 I drink and then stop as a reward to myself for a job well done. Lol. i love filling it up when its empty I even doubled the water in my coffee to make 2 cups instead of one and I had tea. I think swimming an hour is tough when you first start a diet but I really want to succeed. I'm so tired of having weight interfere with my life.

I'd like to write a bit more in response to a few posts I read today but I just don't have it in me tonight.

Good for you for sticking to plan! For me its always the first week or two that is truly the hardest. If you can make it through that, things really do get so much easier!

Quote:
Good Morning,

I ate clean yesterday. I was hoping to walk three miles but I could only have time for 1 1/2 miles. Hopefully now my numbers will stop bouncing around. I have been stuck for two months now.
We are getting ice and snow tonight through tomorrow. Well, spring is coming very soon!
imgonadoit, this is a great group. Congrats on quitting smoking!

B
Eggs and ham
24 oz water

L
Barbeque chicken, salad
16 oz water

S
16 oz water
Jello

D
Beef stirfry, low carb
16 oz water

Now I will walk three miles.

Have a great day everyone.
At least you got some kind of exercise!! 1 1/2 miles is awesome! WTG!

For me today:
B- Coffee w/ 2 T HWC, 4 splenda
L-Protein shake, flax "bread" w/ a slice of cheese, lots of veggies
D-Veggie stir-fry, more flax bread, homemade AF/pumpkin muffin
=1,258 calories, 76g total fat, 22g sat fat, 89 total carbs, 70 net
+ lots of water, and a cardio session @ the gym. I will either do 2.5-3 miles, or 30 mins on the elliptical, or some combo of both! I hope everyone has a great day! Stay strong peeps!

Last edited by A'smommy; 02-12-2014 at 06:15 AM..
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Morning! Yesterday went well..tracked my intake and kept things where they should be. 2lbs of my chinese buffet was OFF this morning! Happy about that. Went for a very short walk with the pup because it was cold..

Way to go everyone!
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies! Well, as stressful as yesterday was.....it's OVER!! Unfortunately we still have the water main issue we're contending with. They were working on it til 1:30 this morning....and we still don't have water to half of my community.....hopefully it will be restored by 10 am....but I have about 80 households who are going to wake up to find that they can't take a shower, and I was so stressed out I couldn't rest well....running on barely 4 hours of sleep.....pray for me!!

I did manage to keep my eating on track, though I did buckle under the stress a little and had a glass and a half of wine last night. Normally I would stick to Bourbon or Vodka to avoid any carbs.....but the wine sounded SO GOOD...so I had it. I was careful though and I am still in ketosis this morning....it's a tiny bit lighter than it has been....but at least I didn't knock myself out! I think I'll send the rest of the wine home with my daughter so I'm not tempted to drink the rest of it!

Amy, good job on losing those 2 lbs!!

Hope2bethin, great job sticking to plan and persevering....you can do this!! Stick with us, we'll all do this together!

Sammi, you menu sounds YUMMY!!

imgonadoit,

Rob, thanks for the hug!! Yes this too shall pass....I keep reminding myself!!

Mariah, I'm so glad you started this group....good job!

Everyone have a GREAT day......it's WEDNESDAY!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I've never been much of a poster, so it is taking some getting used to. I've been a huge lurker for many, many years. I'm trying to post more, but it's an adjustment trying to respond to everyone's posts when you are not used to it. Bare with me, I'll get the hang of it eventually. Yesterday was a really rough day and I had a couple shots of tequila. Dinner was parmesan chicken thighs, with a bit of cheesy broccoli instead of the cube steaks I had planned on. Today:

B - 2 coffees, cream, equal
L - 2 turkey burgers, cheddar, mayo, mustard, lettuce
D - parmesan chicken thighs, a bit of cheesy broccoli

I'm a little nervous right now. I weighed myself this morning and it said 161. For the first time in a very long time, LC is working for me again. When I first did lowcarb 13 or so years ago, I went from 142 - 130 in two weeks. It was awesome! Several years later, I gained it back plus some - due to quitting smoking, meds, etc. I have been unsuccesful for several years at losing weight, so I didn't expect this time to be any different (of course I hoped it would). I guess the success I'm having for the first time in a long time is freaking me out a little and I'm kind of waiting for the ball to drop. I think I'll relax a bit when I'm out of the 160's. Anyway, sorry for the long post. I really believe that this challenge is just what I needed. Good luck everyone and have a great day!

Last edited by Wzlswife; 02-12-2014 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: trying to get rid of the blank space - not working
Old 02-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Seriously, how in the heck do you guys keep track of what everyone is saying??? I see numerous posts that have congrats and comments to several different people. I know this sounds stupid, but do you write stuff down in order to remember? I feel like if I do respond to someone, then I leave out other members and I feel bad, so I don't respond at all. Clearly, I'm clueless.

Last edited by Wzlswife; 02-12-2014 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: type
Old 02-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wzlswife View Post
Seriously, how in the heck do you guys keep track of what everyone is saying??? I see numerous posts that have congrats and comments to several different people. I know this sounds stupid, but do you write stuff down in order to remember? I feel like if I do respond to someone, then I leave out other members and I feel bad, so I don't respond at all. Clearly, I'm clueless.
Lol, I had the same darn question when I started!! Ok, there are two secrets:

1) you can left click on what someone's said and highlight it, then click the "quote" button in the bottom right of the box and it will open up a new reply box with that sentence at the top.

2) what I normally do, is open a new Post reply box to type whatever I'm going to say, then just scroll down below where you're typing, you'll see the lineage of everyone's posts.

Hope that helps!!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
OMG ladies....this day is INSANE!!!

So, I manage a very nice Apartment Community right on the coast in So. Cal....and I love it....I do....but days like today are NOT FAIR!

but I REFUSE to give in to the stress and cheat. Instead I popped in here to vent and let it out.....and now I feel better, thank you!!!
Sorry you had a horrible day, but what a role model to everyone! Cheating feels good temporarily but everyone regrets it later. Plus personally when I don't cheat I get this rush of positive energy from realizing my accomplishment.

Quote:

The first week for me is always the worst for me. I get headaches and really tired. I also tend to hold off exercise. Good job on your persistence
Quote:
Good Morning,

At least you did something Good Job!
Quote:
Morning! Yesterday went well..tracked my intake and kept things where they should be. 2lbs of my chinese buffet was OFF this morning! Happy about that. Went for a very short walk with the pup because it was cold..

Way to go everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wzlswife View Post
Good morning everyone! I've never been much of a poster, so it is taking some getting used to. I've been a huge lurker for many, many years. I'm trying to post more, but it's an adjustment trying to respond to everyone's posts when you are not used to it. Bare with me, I'll get the hang of it eventually. Yesterday was a really rough day and I had a couple shots of tequila.
I was a lurker too Don't get overwhelmed with trying to respond to everyone's post. People still support you either way Posting will give you accountability and encouragement
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

BTW, I don't think anyone expects anyone else to respond to EVERYONE every time, that's way to much pressure!! Don't sweat about missing something or someone now and then, the whole idea is just to stay plugged and build relationships.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Hi Guys, I hope everybody is having a great day.
Mine is not so bad...I am off work till Friday, so I slept in today and generally lazed around until I went for a walk.
Oh caved in and had a coffee..it was delish. I had this rush of energy and decided to add another mile to my usual walk so I'm pretty chuffed about that.

Maria...Your food looks Yum. well done on being so creative with your food choice. I will def try the broccoli casserole. I love love love broccoli.
I am learning so much from you guys here.

Hope2bt.. There are days like you have had today, hang in there hon..it does pass. The great thing is that you are able to acknowledge it and work through it.
Hunger has been the hill on which all my weight loss battles eventually faltered and died.
I have a psychological reaction to hunger, well done for working through it. The great thing about this victory is that it sets the backdrop for dealing with any new hunger episode, this victory means that you can always tell yourself, "I've seen off a few worse hunger pangs and can do it again". Bravo bravo!!

Sammi.. Well done on the eating, such positive reinforcement of your resolve is great. Mehn what is with the global weather this year...non-stop.... we have had severe weather warnings. right now as I type we have 100mph winds.

A'smommy.. What is HWC, I keep seeing it on this site but don't know what it means. Well done on your eating.WTG.

AmyP..Now I know where the .8lb I picked up this morning came from. LOL
It feels so good to drop this unwanted blips. well done. I picked up .8lb this morning, I have no idea where it came from....I gave the scale a stern stare and shrugged. I hope its gone within 24hrs because I'm not messing about with some random weight gain that I have not worked(as in eat) at gaining. I hope it just slinks off to wherever it came from.

LB7..I would hate to be in your shoes right now, regarding the burst pipes...well done for not giving in to the stress. This thread has been good for me. Whenever I want to justify any deviation from plan, I think of Monday (weigh-in) and get with the programme PDQ.

Wslswife.. You just typed my thoughts. how uncanny that you are able to articulate what I call my subterranean disquiets.
I tried for almost 40yrs to lose weight, only to fail so miserably and watch my weight steadily creep up. This time thanks to low carb eating I am finding not only do I find it mostly effortless, but for the first time ever, I know I can sustain my present way of eating as a lifetime WOE.
From time to time, I still worry about it all going horribly wrong. I get really anxious thinking something will happen, to throw me off course, and it all goes down hill. (its happened so many times..I've lost massive amounts of weight, only to have something happen and I gain it all back plus some) and It scares me. I know how you feel.
You worked and earned your success, don't let it freak you out.
This time I am not on a diet. I eat truly enjoyable, pleasurable, life affirming meals. not the usual diet stuff I hated, and could not wait to get off of, and not only were they not satisfying, but were so carb laden that they had me hungry again in seconds.

Hey about remembering what each and all of us said and, what to reply...remember it's about accepting each other as we are.
There is no perfect way to be here. We are an inclusive bunch. What makes us unique, is that we envelope each other, in the warmth of our affection, as we embark on this journey together. Just like in real life...We have that friend that just sits and smiles as some of the parrots of the group like moi talk for England.

Vella_marie..You just hit the nail on the head with your summation on what cheating does...For me it seriously messes with my mental health. I go through such anguish that I have resolved its not worth bringing such emotional baggage into it...(If only I will remember that next time)
I panic that its the beginning of a downward spiral/that I may never regain control.
Its amazing what the accountability of this challenge is doing for me. This is the lightest weight I have been for over 12yrs. Were it not for this challenge, I would have had a carb feast of epic proportions, with the silly justification that 'I lost 73lbs in 7mths and can get away with misbehaving' then the mind f**k starts, and I despair that I may not be able to.
I cannot thank Maria enough for starting the challenge.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 02-12-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies--welcome to day 3!!! Busy day here but still trucking through!! I was down on the scale this morning again so wahoo!

Heres what my food *should* look like today

B:
-1 Ham & Cheese Omelett
-2 Slices Bacon
-1 Cup Coffee W-1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Creamer
-24 Oz. Water
L:
-1 Serving Turkey Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole *Leftovers *
-1 String Cheese
-1 Pepsi One
-24 Oz. Water
S:
-1 Coconut Fat Bomb *I ate this and then realized I had put PB in it so its not induction friendly, I will be eliminating them from my eating for the next 87 days *
-1 Cup Coffee W-1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Creamer
D:
-1 Atkins Beef Merlot
-1 Pepsi One
-24 Oz. Water
Old 02-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A'smommy
Stats: 144/129/120 5'5
WOE: My way, Lower carb, Low Calorie
Start Date: April 8th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
Hi Guys, I hope everybody is having a great day.
Mine is not so bad...I am off work till Friday, so I slept in today and generally lazed around until I went for a walk.
Oh caved in and had a coffee..it was delish. I had this rush of energy and decided to add another mile to my usual walk so I'm pretty chuffed about that.

A'smommy.. What is HWC, I keep seeing it on this site but don't know what it means. Well done on your eating.WTG.
Thanks icaniwill! & WTG to you on your added mile!! HWC stands for heavy whipping cream!
A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hippygypsykaren
Stats: (277) 273.5/255/160
Hey everyone. I hope you all reached some kind of success in your road to health today.

I am having my grandson sleep over tonight and I survived a trip to the grocery to pick up the things he likes to eat for dinner and to take for school lunch tomorrow without buying anything I don't need for me.

Today's meal plan is/was:

Brunch - 1/3 lb hamburger with 1 T blue cheese

Snack - 1/2 oz pepperoni and 2 bites cottage cheese

Dinner - 1 Italian sausage roasted with 2 oz Mozzarella and 1 oz pepperoni. 1/2 cup of stewed tomatoes and okra

2 liters club soda and 1 quart black tea both unsweetened with nothing added and several glasses of water
hippygypsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Good Evening Ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well. Just thought Id pop in and say Hi! Also I just wanted to share a documentary I found done by BBC on the Atkin's Diet--interesting despite being a little outdated....