Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Names.............3/10...............3/17.............3/24............3/31.............4/7

A’smommy ..........132.................136.5.........132... .........135.5
AmyP .................254.................260
BostonGirl............
Cajungirl200 .......
Hope2BeThin .......154.8..............149...........148....... ....145.8
IcanIwill1.............146.8..............145..... ........................141
imgonadoit- ..........
Ladyboss7 ...........218................216...........213... ..........213
Mad4Chillas .........210.................210..........208..... ..........208
Mcchimento...........
Multimama...........131.2..............131.2...... ..131.8.............132.6
Sammi.................215.8.............214....... .....215............213
Vella Marie ...........
WickedStitch........210.................210....... .....212...........209

Everyone is doing so great, good job!!!

Well, I was down 2 pounds, but the scale and I on hostile terms with one another right now. I'm beginning to think my scale has multiple personality disorder, and I DON'T like this personality!!! It's trying to tell me that I've gained 2 pounds, but I've been really good about eating. I confess I did have a couple ounces of Bourbon....LAST WEEK.....but that was days ago and I've been drinking tons of water to flush out my system. I am wondering though if flax muffins could cause an artificial gain? I've been making those lately and I REALLY like them....but I notice I am a little bloated....I wonder if they're causing me problems?? I think I shall eliminate them for a while and see what happens. I did account for them in my tracker, so I know my calories and carbs have been spot on.....so it's not a real 2 pound gain....it's just the scale being a real *$#!* Jerk!

Well now that I have that out of my system, how's everyone else doing???
Welcome to my world.
The scales and I are in a state of negotiated peace.
Some days as I approach knowing how a wrong reading could wreck my mood I sometimes have to ask myself "Is this the hill you want to die on ? .." Just like they do in war strategy...You see, I am very well aware that discretion is a better part of valour.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 203 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
Welcome to my world.
The scales and I are in a state of negotiated peace.
Some days as I approach knowing how a wrong reading could wreck my mood I sometimes have to ask myself "Is this the hill you want to die on ? .." Just like they do in war strategy...You see, I am very well aware that discretion is a better part of valour.
Thank you love!! That is just what I needed to hear!! I keep reminding myself to stay positive and encouraged just as I tell everyone else.....sometimes it's easier said than done!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Names.............3/10...............3/17.............3/24............3/31.............4/7

BostonGirl............
Cajungirl200 .......
imgonadoit- ..........
Mcchimento...........
Vella Marie ...........

Well, I was down 2 pounds, but the scale and I on hostile terms with one another right now. I'm beginning to think my scale has multiple personality disorder, and I DON'T like this personality!!! It's trying to tell me that I've gained 2 pounds, but I've been really good about eating. I confess I did have a couple ounces of Bourbon....LAST WEEK.....but that was days ago and I've been drinking tons of water to flush out my system. I am wondering though if flax muffins could cause an artificial gain? I've been making those lately and I REALLY like them....but I notice I am a little bloated....I wonder if they're causing me problems?? I think I shall eliminate them for a while and see what happens. I did account for them in my tracker, so I know my calories and carbs have been spot on.....so it's not a real 2 pound gain....it's just the scale being a real *$#!* Jerk!

I will always have a love hate relationship with the scale. I hate that it can dictate how I feel so Ive been trying to lay off of it for a little while (except for weigh-ins of course!)
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hi everyone..seems we are doing well! I'm still here and still trying to get a handle on things..holding on by my fingernails..
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Let's see if I got the tutorial right
I took this today

Took it with a camera phone so not too sharp
I'll post an after for context in a minute

Last edited by icaniwill1; 04-01-2014 at 02:08 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Before just under a year ago

Last edited by icaniwill1; 04-01-2014 at 02:19 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Rob,

O.M.G......that's a TREMENDOUS difference in a year!!! What an inspiration you are!!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:18 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/206/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart March 2013
ROB!!!!

LOOK AT HOW TINY YOU ARE!!! What a wonderful transformation! APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!!! So not worthy, I wish I had that much of a change in one year.
WickedStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:07 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Good Morning,

Rob I am soooo proud of you! You worked so hard and had such determination! It is you who inspires me to keep going and never giving up. You look like a teenager now!! I'll bet you feel fantastic
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the motivation, Rob!! I would like to see that much change in myself in a year and it IS possible!!

Now to stop losing and gaining the SAME FRIGGIN TEN POUNDS....
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rob,

O.M.G......that's a TREMENDOUS difference in a year!!! What an inspiration you are!!!!
Thank you so much Tammy... You are so generous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
ROB!!!!

LOOK AT HOW TINY YOU ARE!!! What a wonderful transformation! APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!!! So not worthy, I wish I had that much of a change in one year.
wow..You guys inspire me tremendously as you very well know, In this journey as we all know, we just keep doing it, one day after another...we fall...we get up... and keep at it. The support we have, and continue to give each other, here has helped me. An I truly thank you awesome ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Good Morning,

Rob I am soooo proud of you! You worked so hard and had such determination! It is you who inspires me to keep going and never giving up. You look like a teenager now!! I'll bet you feel fantastic
Mmwah You make my head swell. Thanks luv, funny about looking like a teenager, I just got a pair of white skinny jeans, and when I tried it on to show them what the fit was like, just this weekend, my 17yr old niece said the exact same thing...note to self...I need to dye my hair and look the part

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Thank you for the motivation, Rob!! I would like to see that much change in myself in a year and it IS possible!!

Now to stop losing and gaining the SAME FRIGGIN TEN POUNDS....
Amy thank you too, if only you know how many times knowing I am accountable to you awesome ladies has stopped me going "wharraheck"..
Oh btw, I call the same weight I keep gaining and losing my carousel 10lbs..it keeps coming round.

Wickedstitch....I am doing an oliver twist.
How do I make the photos so they don't take up the whole screen?
Thanks.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 04-02-2014 at 11:41 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wickedstitch....I am doing an oliver twist.
How do I make the photos so they don't take up the whole screen?
Thanks.
I'm not sure on this board. I just c/p my flickr url. However, I did find this link that tells how to resize your photos in photobucket. Perhaps that will work and they won't be so large when you share them here? It's worth a shot!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm not sure on this board. I just c/p my flickr url. However, I did find this link that tells how to resize your photos in photobucket. Perhaps that will work and they won't be so large when you share them here? It's worth a shot!
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Let's see if I got the tutorial right
I took this today

Took it with a camera phone so not too sharp
I'll post an after for context in a minute
You look FANTASTIC!! What a huge difference!!! You should be so proud of yourself
Old 04-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday ladies!

I PROMISE I will check back in later today. Ive again had another really busy work week. State department just left our facility yesterday so we can finally breathe again. However I still have to make it through todays full day of work and then tomorrows (working 7am-7pm ). Still trying to manage my weight with all this craziness going on some days are better than others but thats life right now. I dont want to be too hard on myself but I know I can do better.

How is everyone else doing???
Old 04-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies, TGIF!!!

Mariah, you have had a crazy week....how stressful having the state there....I've been dealing with city AND county inspectors at both of my communities this week, so I feel your pain!

Oh my gosh ladies, this week has been INTENSE!! We have been almost overwhelmed with horrible, mean, nasty, hostile people all week long. I do not understand why people feel it's ok to take their frustrations out on others. Just because I am the manager and enforcing the policies and laws that you may not like does NOT give you the right to cuss me out and call me filthy names!! I've been in court two days this week for two separate eviction hearings, and we won both of them.....and I had both county and city inspectors out at my sites and they both sided in my favor.....so we've been victorious in every instance.....but the people along the way have just been vicious!!

All that to say, I'm still on plan....was VERY tempted to eat way of plan a couple of times, but did NOT do so. Yesterday was much carbier than usual, though they were all "legal" carbs.....just higher than they typically are. But I'm still in ketosis, so hopefully I'll still show a loss this week.

How's everyone else doing?? Any great plans for the weekend?

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
Happy Friday ladies!

I PROMISE I will check back in later today. Ive again had another really busy work week. State department just left our facility yesterday so we can finally breathe again. However I still have to make it through todays full day of work and then tomorrows (working 7am-7pm ). Still trying to manage my weight with all this craziness going on some days are better than others but thats life right now. I dont want to be too hard on myself but I know I can do better.

How is everyone else doing???
Hon breeeeaath... like all journeys in life, we may stop..maybe start again....sometimes even, we could detour and could very well completely change direction. The most important thing is that we never ever give up.
That you are doing your best is what counts. This is not about perfection. Oh God no...its about doing the best we can, each new day.

You have been very busy...hey you are human. I would please implore you to cut yourself some slack. The weight will come off, You and I know that not giving up is the best way to slay this our collective demon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
You look FANTASTIC!! What a huge difference!!! You should be so proud of yourself
Thank you...my next project is to fix my hair...I have decided to go ultra glam.
I hope I can maintain it...I am ordinarily so low maintenance its sickening.
but having worked my arse off to get to this size, I want to milk it for all its worth.

Quote:
Good morning ladies, TGIF!!! "...................Oh my gosh ladies, this week has been INTENSE!! We have been almost overwhelmed with horrible, mean, nasty, hostile people all week long. I do not understand why people feel it's ok to take their frustrations out on others. Just because I am the manager and enforcing the policies and laws that you may not like does NOT give you the right to cuss me out and call me filthy names!! I've been in court two days this week for two separate eviction hearings, and we won both of them.....and I had both county and city inspectors out at my sites and they both sided in my favor.....so we've been victorious in every instance.....but the people along the way have just been vicious!!........"
Oh dear, I hate it when people try to disparage innocent people, who are just doing their jobs efficiently, within the confines of the law, all so that they can use another person to manage their foul moods.
Over here you see those ubiquitous notices about "Staff having a right to do their job without fear of assault, intimidation etc" Then there is the ASBO (Anti Social Behaviour Orders) that the courts can impose on some of those "ejeets" who think they can behave anyhow because they have nothing to lose. If they flout the terms of those orders, their sorry behind is going to jail...even if the order states they are not to drop litter on the street and they drop a candy wrapper...and since it came in, those type of people think twice before behaving like the ejeets they are.
Thank God this work week is over...hopefully next week onwards, will be hassle free.
One of the things that I like about the British judicial system, is that the loser pays the winner's costs, and court costs can be quite steep, so you find that it deters people without a good case from allowing a case to get to court, when they could have done something to prevent it.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 04-04-2014 at 10:31 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Quote:

BostonGirl............
Cajungirl200 .......
imgonadoit- ..........
Mcchimento...........
Vella Marie ...........

I think it's the flax. Same thing happens to me when I eat it. I think it absorbs a lot of water in the gi tract and just sits there 2-3 days.

Great attitude. Very level headed and inspirational way to deal with it
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you...my next project is to fix my hair...I have decided to go ultra glam.
but having worked my arse off to get to this size, I want to milk it for all its worth.

YOU DESERVE IT!!! I cannot wait to see the photos after you glam it up! Cosmetologist by trade, I always LOVE seeing before and after glam squad attacks. hahahah!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:30 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YOU DESERVE IT!!! I cannot wait to see the photos after you glam it up! Cosmetologist by trade, I always LOVE seeing before and after glam squad attacks. hahahah!
Now look at that....serendipity or what do they call it again? That we have a cosmetologist in the house as I'm thinking of going ultra glam

Beyond the obvious upscale and polished looks going to spas and having treatments will give moi, my thinking is that, As I continue to incorporate a comprehensive regime that compliments my new lifestyle...Skin, hair and nails that look like a million dollars, it will be very hard for me to fall by the wayside again...Frankly I am fed up with losing massive amounts of weight and then gaining it right back plus some.

Thank God for low carb and walking....especially the walking..absolutely no excuses. Come rain or shine I have been out there and love it.
Loads of folks both at work and in the neighbourhood have started with the lifestyle change.

Amazon local sends some really great deals into my inbox, and I have used some and find them really good.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening ladies,

Rob, I would love to see the ultra-glam look for you....go for it you've earned it!!! Our judicial system here also can require the loser to pay the fees, but that doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent......we live in a very litigious society these days!!!

Lea, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with this reaction to flax! I wanted to start eating it because all I ever hear about is how beneficial it is, but your description is absolutely right....it just seemed to want to sit there and absorb water and cause all sorts of bloat....Not at all enjoyable!

Wickedstitch, My mom is a cosmetologist as well, she went to school for it when I was in Jr. High, so I was her guinea pig.....Nothing frightens me anymore when it comes to hair.....I've seen it and done it all! Tonight I think I inadvertently stripped the dye out of my hair trying to lighten my roots and even out my highlights....I lightened the roots all right, and all of the highlights were stripped of any dye, leaving my hair blond with silver streaks....my natural grays are suddenly like BAM....front and center. My hubby actually likes it.....so he says.....I'll have to style it tomorrow and see how it looks.

well ladies, how's everyone else doing? Any big plans this weekend??
Old 04-07-2014, 04:11 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Names.............3/10...............3/17.............3/24............3/31.............4/7.........4/14.............4/21...............4/28

Sammi.................215.8.............214....... .....215............213..............210.4
Vella Marie ...........

Good Morning Everyone,

These days seem to fly by. I am leaving for Indiana this Saturday coming up. Looking for a new place to live. I must admit, I'm nervous about staying on this WOE. In the car I will take plenty of snacks and water. Still ,this will be out of my routine. In about 4 weeks I am going on vacation to Germany for 10 days. This is where it will be very difficult. I am a routine person. Anything out of the norm derails me. If this happens then all I will do is spend my days bingeing . It is just part of my food addition personality. On the upside I believe I can finally fit on a plane without a seatbelt extender. This is what I worked hard for.
Oh Rob I can't wait to get to where you are. Thank you for posting the pictures. They inspire me everyday!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Names.............3/10...............3/17.............3/24............3/31.............4/7.........4/14.............4/21...............4/28

IcanIwill1.............146.8..............145..... ........................141.............139.8
Sammi.................215.8.............214....... .....215............213..............210.4
Vella Marie ...........

Quote:
Good evening ladies,

Rob, I would love to see the ultra-glam look for you....go for it you've earned it!!! Our judicial system here also can require the loser to pay the fees, but that doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent......we live in a very litigious society these days!!!

Lea, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with this reaction to flax! I wanted to start eating it because all I ever hear about is how beneficial it is, but your description is absolutely right....it just seemed to want to sit there and absorb water and cause all sorts of bloat....Not at all enjoyable!

Wickedstitch, My mom is a cosmetologist as well, she went to school for it when I was in Jr. High, so I was her guinea pig.....Nothing frightens me anymore when it comes to hair.....I've seen it and done it all! Tonight I think I inadvertently stripped the dye out of my hair trying to lighten my roots and even out my highlights....I lightened the roots all right, and all of the highlights were stripped of any dye, leaving my hair blond with silver streaks....my natural grays are suddenly like BAM....front and center. My hubby actually likes it.....so he says.....I'll have to style it tomorrow and see how it looks.

well ladies, how's everyone else doing? Any big plans this weekend??
OMG..now I hope I pull it off and not fall flat on my face..but I will do my best. ..at 52 knocking on 53 come November, my hottie days are behind me. But I shall try my best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post

Vella Marie ...........

Good Morning Everyone,

These days seem to fly by. I am leaving for Indiana this Saturday coming up. Looking for a new place to live. I must admit, I'm nervous about staying on this WOE. In the car I will take plenty of snacks and water. Still ,this will be out of my routine. In about 4 weeks I am going on vacation to Germany for 10 days. This is where it will be very difficult. I am a routine person. Anything out of the norm derails me. If this happens then all I will do is spend my days bingeing . It is just part of my food addition personality. On the upside I believe I can finally fit on a plane without a seatbelt extender. This is what I worked hard for.
Oh Rob I can't wait to get to where you are. Thank you for posting the pictures. They inspire me everyday!
You'll be amazed how soon you'll be there.
We are so similar in that, I hate uncertainty, on this weight loss journey, I analyse to paralysis, but in the end, I find that all I need is minimal planning. like just being aware of how I need to be eating, and making food choices with that in mind.

Babes relaaax...you will do fine. I have found that low carb is one of the more convenient WOE to do on the fly...so long as there are grocery stores open, then you'll do just fine. Enjoy yourself, don't restrict too much and you'll just be OK.
Think deli counter with cooked meats etc. both hot and cold.
I hardly cook these days...actually I don't do much cooking since I started, I just have loads of seafood like salmon, jumbo prawns, ready prepared/cooked meats, olives and all I do is just toss into the microwave with my veg and its ready in minutes. When I'm out, and I know I won't be home to eat anytime soon, I just pop into any supermarket and head to the deli counter to get what I'm eating....
I am so thrilled I inspire you. I keep stumbling and getting back on the wagon, goes to show this journey is about not quitting...If there is anybody who keeps landing on their butt in this thing its me.

One thing I have been consistent with is my walks.
I thinks that's what's made all the progress possible.
I walk within my fitness level. On days I only feel like strolling at a leisurely pace, I do just that. I listen to my body.
on days I feel like ramping up my exertion level I shuffle along in what only I call a jog (a child once asked his mommy why "that lady is running so slowly") the poor mother was so embarrassed. I laughed and told him I could only run at that speed.
As my endurance and fitness level improved, I increased my distance.

Enjoy (with an emphasis on that enjoy)your vacation. Germany is a beautiful place.
I lived in Wurzburg for 2yrs in the mid 90's.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 04-07-2014 at 06:31 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Mad4Chillas .........210.................210..........208..... ..........208.........205.5
Vella Marie ...........

Good morning ladies! I apologize for being so MIA. I am going to look back at all the posts now that I have some time this morning. Down 2.5 this week. Not bad but I really need to get my butt out of the 200's. I am officially starting my Egg Fast today. I am going on a vacation in the beginning of June to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon and I DO NOT want to be in fat clothes then. So Im hoping this will kick start my loss again (60 days to prepare!)

Tentative Menu:

B:
-1 Egg White Protein Shake (1 Scoop Egg White Protein, 1 Cup US Almond Milk, 1 Tbsp. PB2 & 2 Tbsp. HWC)
-2 Cups Coffee W-2 Tbsp. HWC & 1 Tbsp. SF Torani
L:
-Egg Salad (3 Hardboiled Eggs, 1 Tbsp. Mayo, 1 Tbsp. Relish & 1 Tsp. Mustard)
-1 String Cheese
-1 La Croix Peach Pear Water
D:
-3 Eggs Scrambled W-1 Tbsp. Smart Balance
-3 Slices Bacon
-24 Oz. SF Lemonade

+64 oz. Water

~6g Net Carbs
Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2xhlIIueZY
I saw this online and really enjoyed the information therein.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
I'm still holding steady on the scale. It's been 10 days now on Phase 3 and I haven't had to have a correction day yet. That REALLY excites me! Although for some reason I'd just like to have a steak day to see if the scale drops a little more, but I suppose that's a bad thing to do.......

I made coconut flour tortillas last night so I could have tacos with the family. I was a little surprised to see that the scale didn't move, as I thought maybe I would be "up" a little bit and was preparing for a steak day. Hoping the scale doesn't shoot up tomorrow, as I've read before that it could take a day or two for the scale to reflect a "cheat". I also had a piece of paleo chocolate bundt cake that I made for my sons 3rd birthday with some raw cinnamon whipped cream that I added a little organic coconut sugar too. So right now I'm doing a happy dance, while not trying to get a "big" head about it. I shall definitely eat high protein/fat today to stay on track.

I was away for two days at families and didn't take my scale, but stayed on track. We even went to the bar and ate dinner with the family. Steak salad was consumed on my plate and it was SO HARD to refrain from eating a basket of french fries. I LOVE FRENCH FRIES!! I did it though.
That cake sounds heavenly…do share a recipe
Also good for you for staying on track while you were away, vacations and socializing are hard situations so you should give yourself a big pat on the back! Don’t let the French fries control you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
I'm changing my love affair with sugar! The devil that keeps me coming back...
I am right there with you, I think I just have to go cold turkey. My cravings have been absolutely STUPID lately. Why must sugar keep playing us like this?!

Quote:
Hi everybody I'm knarckered.. Its almost 1:00AM, sorry I have been AWOL.
I walked 19.4 miles today.
Something scared the hell outta me, when it resolved, I just needed to walk all that anxiety off me.
I did 10miles in the morning and Ive just come in from 9.4miles.
I'll weigh and post in the morning ...sorry about that.
That’s a lot of walking Rob! Hopefully you were able to get some nice insight on what was going on during that long walk. I know for me exercise always helps clear my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
Well I'm finally seeing some results in my clothing. One pair of jeans fits me close to the way they used to. I'm ecstatic of course. But I truly do not trust myself. Regardless of how positive I may be or if I'm seeing results or even if I'm not in the least bit hungry, there is always a good chance I'll overeat. I wish it weren't such a struggle. But it is. That's probably why I exercise daily. At least I know I am control of that. It's just not the case with food.

I've been a bit impatient lately. Wanting to los weight more quickly than is probably in my best interest. Need to remind myself that it is the slow steady weight loss that sticks. When I lose to quickly it usually comes back.

Rob- I'm glad things are better. we are very alike. When I have something on my mind, I will exercise to think about it or get past it. I also eat back my calories like you. That's what I'm working on now. My one day a week treat day is absolutely needed. Otherwise I feel deprived. What helps me a lot is not planning the day. Whenever the mood strikes me ill do it that day but then I have to wait 7 days. Without the spontaneity it wouldn't work. It's still hard though. But it does help to know I will eat something extremely delicious regularly. Have u ever tried doing one day or a few smaller treats a few days a week?
I'm still amazed your cravings went away after u stopped the protein shakes.
I can't believe it's so hard for u to find oat fiber. Wish I could send it to u but that wouldn't circumvent shipping costs which is the reason you have to wait for it. Once you get it I'm going to post some great recipes I've found for it. I haven't made them yet myself. I'm in the process of ordering the oat fiber but the timing never is right and I put it off. You'll probably get it before me.

Tammy- wow. You are doing so well dairy free. And you are discovering some new interesting foods in the process. Do you think you could make a list if them with the brands so I can try to find them in my area?

Say goodbye to the 200s. You are very close now.

Btw: Moms out of the hospital doing well. I'm finally catching up on my rest.
Lea, I totally feel like I am impatient about my weight loss and I think that’s where I struggle the most. If I don’t see results quickly I get frustrated and tend to fall by the wayside and end up in this crazy on/off plan cycle of eating. I would love to incorporate exercise more regularly and have been looking at signing up for a Yoga class. I know its not overly ‘active’ but it would help me de-stress from my long work weeks and give me some ‘me’ time---which I think everyone needs!

Also glad to hear about your mom

Quote:
Hello ladies!

Lea, good job with the jeans!!! Isn't it a great feeling when you can get into smaller clothes?!?! I told my hubby that I consider it a huge accomplishment that my underwear are too big and I need to but a smaller size!

How's everyone doing today??? It's absolutely stunningly beautiful out today here in Cali. (Don't hate me)

Eating is good, still doing dairy free and loving it. I did indulge last night in a bit of bourbon (thank heavens that's dairy free ) I adore bourbon and wine, but wine has too many carbs, so bourbon it is! I rarely ever touch it these days because I don't want it to slow down my weight loss, but every now and then I have a little. I kept my eating on plan and was still well in ketosis this morning.....so I think all is well.

I hope everyone is doing well.....it's almost Friday!!!
Your joke about the bourbon being dairy free made me laugh out loud! I so rationalize things the way you do sometimes and it makes me feel less crazy, haha!

Quote:
Hello ladies...I just realised I did not post a weight last week.
Sorry about that.
My eating has been on plan this weekend...weekends are my undoing but this time, I planned ahead, and its worked good so far.
Tomorrow I hope to be proactive just like today....fingers crossed.

I am in a bit of a dilemma though.....I have about 10-15 lbs to goal, but my hoard of clothes that I have been buying and saving for when I lose weight, fit well already....I don't know what to do.
I am busty (DD cup) and top heavy...I am now an American size 8 on top and 4 bottoms and by the time I get to goal, that will be another 1 or 2 sizes less.
I had been wondering why I was sabotaging my weight loss efforts this last month, and on deep introspection, I realised I was stalling myself because, the changes I have gone through financially in the last 3yrs, means I don't have that type of money to replace those outfits at this moment.
Another worry of mine is that when I add weights, at goal, I will be even smaller in size...what to do--what to do.
I am a self-sabotager by nature…still haven’t figured out why yet. I would love to be at the stage you are at right now though where you feel better and more comfortable at a weight and know that your goal is within a 10# reach. Do you have any consignment or second hand shops that you can visit to start replacing items in your wardrobe more slowly? We have a shop called Clothes Mentor which I adore they buy and re-sell second hand designer name clothes for super cheap! I have definitely found some good items there.

Quote:
Oh yes, it's definitely a positive! I've gotten so good at it that I have been maintaining at 210 since December, until this past week when we sent Rambo off and ate his fave...Deep Dish Chicago pizza and then fast food with french fries the following day. I knew full well that the scale would jump after all that carb intake. Maintaining that long for me is pretty impressive. Now I've got to get back to LOSING, not maintaining. I think I should see a decent drop for weigh in, nothing earth shattering, but a loss.

The sunflower seeds I recently got were from Dicks Sporting Goods store. Dill Pickle was one and the other was Sizzlin Bacon. So good! I laughed when I read on the bacon ones, "cause everything should taste like bacon" My daughter's fave is Ranch. Which is David brand sunflower seeds found in our local grocery store.

Those look delicious! I have been meaning to try those…I am going to look for them. I love Dill Pickle chips so I think that would satisfy the craving for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
And I thought I was the only one. LoL. I have underwear in a million sizes and I always wear my fat underwear after a treat day and before I put them on I wonder if they'll fit again. So yeah, underwear are profound. Glad you let your husband in on this secret. LoL.

It's really nice to be seeing a change in how my clothes fit. I'm on cloud nine, really. But it doesn't deter me from treating myself unfortunately. But I'm very focused on portion sizes. So hopefully I'm making progress.

Glad eating dairy free is still going well for you. Have you tried almond breeze coconut/almond milk? I love it with walden farms strawberry syrup from time to time. Sounds like you really enjoyed that bourbon. Which is great! I've been having a few drinks on the weekends. It has increased my hunger. I plan to cut it out this week. It's awesome you can have a drink and not have this happen. I wish I could!

Wicked stitch - thanks so much for the sunflower seed info. I'm curious like rob as to how you eat them with the shell.
Don't worry about your splurge. Hope you savored it. It's not the last time you'll eat it for sure. Many more memorable family get togethers to come. Just get back on track now. Your the obstacle slayer. Good job maintaining.

Good luck to us all for weigh in this week.
Omg! The underwear thing, I too have ‘fat’ underwear and ‘thin’ underwear! So ridiculous haha. I cant wait to get in to my cuter ‘thin’ underwear, however its been a long time since Ive been undergarment shopping and I feel like I just need to replace the whole lot lol!
Victoria’s Secret Junkie here…

Quote:
Thanks a lot Lea for your suggestion.
A few years ago, I decided to go it alone Career wise, whilst the business is still getting off its feet, I don't have the type of disposable income I would need, if I am to replace the clothes I can now fit into. Everything is being reinvested to grow the business.

A bit of background, I had watched my weight spiral out of control for several years. At my highest in 2008, I was 262lbs. To motivate me to lose the weight, once and for all, I decided on a strategy of sorts, outside of dieting.

In 2010-2011, I spent tens of thousands of ££s in buying size 6 and 8 suits and dresses. My thinking was that, having invested a small fortune in clothing, no way am I going to let it go to waste. Also I know I can't sell them because clothes have practically no second hand value.
I then started and stopped, I was towing the usual party line of "low-fat-high-carbs-ets" It was unsustainable for me because I was constantly undergoing hyper insulinisation and the torture of rebound hunger pangs.
I mistakenly assumed all low carb was Atkins, and I don't care for that much meat in my eating I did not go low carb until summer 2013,
When I saw the light, I went low carb my way, and to say it has changed my life is an understatement.

Today at 141lbs I look nearly as good as I did in my University days over 30yrs ago.
I walk 9.4 miles weekdays and most weekends I do twice that, and I find it totally effortless.
I have energy levels, that will put most teens to shame.
I find this way of eating so effortless, I know I can never go back to the way I used to live.
I must have more muscles than I knew or the walking preserved my lean muscle mass better than I had hoped for, because I had picked sizes 6-8 clothing because that was what I wore in my 20s and looked my best then.
I see now that I can wear those sizes already with 10-15lbs to get to my healthy BMI.
Another reason I won't slip is that both my parents had diabetes, with the way my body reacts to carbs, I know its only a question of time unless I embark the type of lifestyle change I am now doing.

I can't see me ever stopping walking unless something drastic like death or injury happens to me. I love it so much, not just for weight loss, its mood enhancing properties have helped me so much, I have a tendency to feeling blue from time to time, and walking has totally eliminated that.
walking curbs my appetite majorly.
I love the way I look and feel, and there is no out of control hunger wrecking my resolve to eat and move better.

Please somebody help me with info on how to post photos.
I just wanted to tell you that you are so inspiring Rob! Your posts are lovely and I love reading about the journey that you have gone through to get where you are now. I have hoards of clothes in my closet that are too small and I sometimes just open my closet and look at them with admiration in hopes that I will get back in to them. Its hard for me to believe that Ive packed on almost 80# in almost 3 years

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 04-07-2014 at 07:25 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hon breeeeaath... like all journeys in life, we may stop..maybe start again....sometimes even, we could detour and could very well completely change direction. The most important thing is that we never ever give up.
That you are doing your best is what counts. This is not about perfection. Oh God no...its about doing the best we can, each new day.

You have been very busy...hey you are human. I would please implore you to cut yourself some slack. The weight will come off, You and I know that not giving up is the best way to slay this our collective demon.

Oh dear, I hate it when people try to disparage innocent people, who are just doing their jobs efficiently, within the confines of the law, all so that they can use another person to manage their foul moods.
Over here you see those ubiquitous notices about "Staff having a right to do their job without fear of assault, intimidation etc" Then there is the ASBO (Anti Social Behaviour Orders) that the courts can impose on some of those "ejeets" who think they can behave anyhow because they have nothing to lose. If they flout the terms of those orders, their sorry behind is going to jail...even if the order states they are not to drop litter on the street and they drop a candy wrapper...and since it came in, those type of people think twice before behaving like the ejeets they are.
Thank God this work week is over...hopefully next week onwards, will be hassle free.
One of the things that I like about the British judicial system, is that the loser pays the winner's costs, and court costs can be quite steep, so you find that it deters people without a good case from allowing a case to get to court, when they could have done something to prevent it.
Thank you so much, you are so sweet. Ive been dealing with a lot of stress lately. Work, relationships, family, etc and it really takes a toll. I am going to make more of an effort to be more active on this forum once again. You girls have truly saved me in the last few months from going truly overboard and forgetting why I am on this journey in the first place.

I love my accountability buddies!

Also, please post pictures of your hair! I am actually getting mine done tonight and Im doing something pretty drastic (cutting off about 4 inches and going from a brown with blonde highlights to a dark brown with a plum tint). I am super excited and cannot stand my ultra-long hair right now. Its time for a change! I wanted to wait until I lost more weight, but I cant keep living my life like that. Plus its not fair to my hair lol!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Also I would just like to mention that we are HALF-WAY through our 90 Day challenge! We have all done sooooo well!!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:50 AM   #539
Senior LCF Member

AmyP .................254.................260.......... ......................................258
Mad4Chillas .........210.................210..........208..... ..........208.........205.5
Vella Marie ...........

Hello everyone...sorry for the late weigh in. I actually forgot to weigh yesterday which doesn't usually happen. Must have been my subconscious not wanting to know! Anyway, it's not good. I hope I lose some weight over the course of this challenge. Last few weeks have been such a struggle and I am not sure why. Doing much better now..this week I am focusing on just not grossly overeating and eating the right foods for me. Once I feel a little more in control I will work on getting carbs lower and portions smaller..
Old 04-08-2014, 05:46 AM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Rob: Looking forward to seeing more photos of you! A simple thing like hair color can do wonders.

Tammy: I hold my license but have not worked in ages. However, I let my license lapse once before in my life and I will never do that again! Having gone through 1800 hours in CT and getting my license right out of high school. Fast forward to mid 30's, 2 kids and a husband who wanted back in the military after 9-11. Looked at reinstating my hours so I can take the KY test...they expired! I had to do cosmetology school all over again! Ky requires 1500...or maybe I have the numbers flip flopped, either way, so many hours combined! So, how did your hair looked styled after you stripped it?

Sammi: Hope you have a good move! IN is close to me, but I think you may be on the other side of the state. Germany!!! Oh so jealous. I lived there for a couple years late 80's/early 90's. Baumholder. I quite enjoyed it, I loved the scenery!

Mad4Chillas: Those seeds are so addictive! Good thing they aren't carb heavy! Stress can be a reall sabotage to weight loss. Even if you do not stress eat the wrong things, the body itself does some strange things! Believe me, I know this all too well! Take your time and be kind to yourself. Lopping off some locks is fun! I too had to recently cut off some inches, I just couldn't deal with it being so long. At some point it just started looking straggly and it had to go! Post a pic when you get yours done!

I am beginning day 2 of my keto jump start. I saw a couple menus online and decided this was what I was going to do. Just too many times I have cheated late at night...damn those Cadbury chocolate mini eggs!!! Or we have grabbed something quick on the way home. Having done LC so many times for so long, my alter ego has no problems talking my LC self out of something and into a plate of french fries. Easily justifying it that it's not soo bad, it's only this many carbs and you can get right back on track tomorrow. Problem is, tomorrow never comes. Vicious cycle! My thought behind this was perhaps having an actual menu to follow would keep me focused and on track. So far so good.

Hope you all have a great week!