Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
Tammy I have never known what silence is like. I have pretty much given up I ever will.
very frustrating isn't it?
Rob it is frustrating! For the most part I have learned to tune it out, but sometimes it gets SO LOUD that I can barely hear myself think! I am really serious about cutting out the dairy for at least 3-4 weeks to see if that has any impact.....I will let you know what I find!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 06:38 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Quote:
You are most welcome
wow!! that was a lot of mulch to heft
You drove a 26 feet long truck?...you are my "shero"
I love strong women. One of the downsides to weight loss is that I found my "bionic woman" powers diminish..then again I have not been lifting weights, I plan to this time around when I hit goal, I cannot bear to guess as to whether the usual gain with muscle building, is or is not fat gain...will mess with my head...I am tied,nailed,rivetted,to scale readings sadly.
I did a lot of walking but also matched it with eating when will I get my eating in line?...
Thanks Rob! It's a fab fundraiser for the baseball team. Sadly many of the dads are scared to drive one of the 12 delivery trucks that we rent for the weekend. So I stepped up to the plate, how hard can it be I said to myself. This was my 2nd year driving the truck. It's good fun, and I enjoy it!

I am with you, I find that as I lose weight I lose some strength as well. Along with my walking I have incorporated some kettlebell swings into my workouts. I dig swinging that bell of iron. It works far more muscles than people may initially think.

I have a hard time weighing just once a week, I am a daily weigher and trying hard to not be.

WickedStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hello lovely ladies. This week is much better. Got off a lot of the carby bloat. I will put my weight down when I get to a computer. I have my own chart that tells the tale, but I'll put it here too.

Lea, hope your mom is doing better.

Way to go on the truck driving! We have a mid size camper that I haul all the time. My husband isnt comfortable pulling it and I aint skeerd! I am (sadly) the only woman I have ever seen hauling a camper. My "car" is a huge pickup truck..my husband drives the little car!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Names..................3/10...............3/17.............3/24............3/31.............4/7

A’smommy ..........132.................136.5
AmyP .................254.................
BostonGirl............
Cajungirl200 .......
Hope2BeThin .......154.8..............
IcanIwill1.............146.8..............145
imgonadoit- ..........
Ladyboss7 ...........218................216
Mad4Chillas .........210.................210
Mcchimento...........
Multimama...........131.2.............
Sammi.................215.8.............214
Vella Marie ...........
WickedStitch........210.................210

OMG, I just looked back through the posts and realized that I forgot to post my weigh in....sorry!!

Amy, great job getting off the bloat!!

Wickedstitch, look at you girls go driving the big trucks and trailers! I think that's an awesome fundraiser, and very impressive of you to step up to the plate and take the charge!

Rob, what are blue eggs??

Lea, how's your mom doing?? How are YOU doing??

How's everyone else doing?

Everything's good here. I made it through day 1 dairy free.....well I still have butter, but I read that a lot of folks don't really consider butter dairy because it's high fat content....I sure hope that's true. But truly, no HWC, no cheese or cream cheese of any sort for the first time in...I can't remember how long! I was surprised at how easy it was to do. For dinner I made a breadless / cheeseless Rueben with just the corned beef, sauerkraut, a little thousand Island dressing, some mustard and sprinkled on some Caraway seeds for the "rye" bread flavor....it was actually quite good!!!!

Well ladies, everyone have a great hump day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 03-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Hi.
So tired. Tried to read posts today but didnt have the strength. I'm just so tired. Hoping this weekend I get some rest and feel good by Monday. My mom and dad are sick. Mom in hospital with pneumonia. The result if being bedridden by a stroke. Father with early dementia and he won't go to doctor. I'm basically constantly with something to do.

These were major reasons why I started to overeat again and put on weight.

I'm still struggling. Had a treat day. Ate double what I wanted. Am trying to cut back a bit for the indiscretion. Which I hate doing because then I go hungry. Main thing is I don't want to have a treat day for another 7 days. I want to earn it rather than just give it to myself. I think I have eaten enough lately to wait without feeling deprived. This weekend I have 2 dates. Sadly both with men I don't like. Another mess I've gotten myself into that I'll have to get myself out of :-(
I'm going to be really good about what I eat but there will be temptation.

Will catch up with how we are all doing this weekend.
Be strong and remember why you want to do this so badly.
That's what I always forget. I may take pictures like Mariah. I thought that was a great idea. May also make a list of why's too.

Remember , remember, remember.
And do it.
Never forget.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-19-2014 at 11:16 PM..
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Names..................3/10...............3/17.............3/24............3/31.............4/7

BostonGirl............
Cajungirl200 .......
Hope2BeThin .......154.8..............149
imgonadoit- ..........
Mcchimento...........
Vella Marie ...........
Old 03-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Tammy. Your bread less cornbeef sounds good. I have a similar problem with dairy. I have eaten it sparingly for a long time. It's very doable. I use tuscan light cream instead of hwc. Not sure if it helps but I think it does. Cheese, cream cheese I have when I have a treat. Butter doesn't seem to affect me.

I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with the results you gain from doing this. I was. Limiting dairy definitely helps me loss weight especially when I stall.

Just went back and read more. I didn't know dairy affects tinnitus. Very interesting. Wonder how it works. I may look this up.

Rob u have this too? Wow it must be an adjustment to live with it.

Hope being dairy free helps.

This is a great example of changing your diet to prove your health. May be tough but it's worth it.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-19-2014 at 11:43 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Amy - hahaha. That's hilarious. That you drive the big car.
Glad to see you are making progress against the carb bloat. I have to deal with that every week because I like having a treat day. Sometimes it doesn't seem worth it.

Love your pic. So nice to see everyone!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, You have had a lot on your plate to deal with!! Well listen up here missy....no kicking yourself allowed...got it?!?!?! Seriously, you have enough stress without making yourself feel worse. And hey....two dates with men you don't even like?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! Girl...CALL THEM AND CANCEL!! For heavens sake you've been through hell lately....why waste time going out for a few hours with a guy you're not even interested in when you could better spend that time at home getting caught up on your rest?? If I were you, I'd cancel those dates and make a date instead with my coziest jammies, a glass of wine and a good book or movie...to me that sounds like a MUCH better date....and you can control the temptations around you better that way. (Just my humble opinion)

Well ladies, how's everyone else doing??

Things I have noticed 2 things in the two days that I've been dairy free: 1) My keto stick is darker than ever......seriously dark....like nearly black! and 2) I've lost a full pound in 2 days....so nothing but positive here!

I hope everyone's having a great day!!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Good afternoon beautifuls!!

Still trucking along here. I havent weighed all week in fear for what it might say but I think I am going to bite the bullet tomorrow. Why am I stick in this weird cycle!? I got to get in the right frame of mind and carry on....seriously!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
Hi.
So tired. Tried to read posts today but didnt have the strength. I'm just so tired. Hoping this weekend I get some rest and feel good by Monday. My mom and dad are sick. Mom in hospital with pneumonia. The result if being bedridden by a stroke. Father with early dementia and he won't go to doctor. I'm basically constantly with something to do.

I'm still struggling. Had a treat day. Ate double what I wanted. Am trying to cut back a bit for the indiscretion. Which I hate doing because then I go hungry. Main thing is I don't want to have a treat day for another 7 days. I want to earn it rather than just give it to myself. I think I have eaten enough lately to wait without feeling deprived. This weekend I have 2 dates. Sadly both with men I don't like. Another mess I've gotten myself into that I'll have to get myself out of :-(

That's what I always forget. I may take pictures like Mariah. I thought that was a great idea. May also make a list of why's too.

And do it.
Never forget.
Lea, You have so much on your plate. I hope you get some help that will enable you cope easier with your parents declining health.
Its wise, and sensible to seek the help we need. Superwoman status is not for living, breathing, people.

Did you say struggling ?...Welcome to the struggling brigade of the dieting Army....boy I should be the poster person for struggling...they had tons of biscuits (cookies) in the office today, I resisted until 4pm, and I thought, what the heck and scoffed quite a few...sad thing is, I rationalised it by going "....I've lost over 80lbs since July, this won't put the whole thing back on"
I will not beat myself up about my dieting indiscretions. Never again.
I go to a very bad and sad place when I do that to myself.

re...going out on a date with not one, but 2 men you don't even like.....Leeeaaaah.
You sure have a great sense of humour...are you doing that for lent?

Last edited by icaniwill1; 03-20-2014 at 12:30 PM..
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

re...going out on a date with not one, but 2 men you don't even like.....Leeeaaaah.
best line EVER!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
"......

Rob, what are blue eggs??

:
Tammy believe it or not, these are regular hen's eggs that are a pale blue colour. I will post photos before I finish them. I was strolling through the town market one day when I saw them, I was so intrigued I bought a dozen. They are quite nice. richer flavour KWIM..must be higher in fat.

Quote:
".....Things I have noticed 2 things in the two days that I've been dairy free: 1) My keto stick is darker than ever......seriously dark....like nearly black! and 2) I've lost a full pound in 2 days....so nothing but positive here!
Tammy I'm not at all surprised, dairy causes serious mucus production, which equals fluid retention at the cellular level. I have enough cheese in the freezer to sink Amsterdam but I may give it a try...since I have ditched animal milk of any kind whether goat, ewe or cow's for Soy milk and don't even look at ice cream anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
Good afternoon beautifuls!!

Still trucking along here. I havent weighed all week in fear for what it might say but I think I am going to bite the bullet tomorrow. Why am I stick in this weird cycle!? I got to get in the right frame of mind and carry on....seriously!
You'll be fine hon...no surrender is the watch word.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

oops

Last edited by icaniwill1; 03-20-2014 at 02:00 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Way to go on the truck driving! We have a mid size camper that I haul all the time. My husband isnt comfortable pulling it and I aint skeerd! I am (sadly) the only woman I have ever seen hauling a camper. My "car" is a huge pickup truck..my husband drives the little car!
That's funny My husband says he can drive a big vehicle if destruction of the surrounding and vehicle itself do not matter.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:54 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Ladies,
Where do you buy your keto sticks? I have looked in a few stores around here and they are nowhere to be found. Do you get them online?

We have been dining out far too often around here. Which no matter how low carb I try to stay, there's always hidden carbs in there somewhere! We've been in limbo waiting for Rambo's (husband) orders for this upcoming deployment. We dine out because it gives us more time together, instead of me in the kitchen cooking, him wanting to eat on front of the tv and then me back in the kitchen cleaning up the mess I've made.

Now with baseball season ramping back up I will spend many a day, night or weekend at the ballparks with my son. Luckily there are some flavored sunflower seeds that can save me for when I get that crunchy urge. A grilled hot dog or burger without the bun is the norm for me if we are there all day. Of course I bring my camera and my knitting to keep my hands busy during the game so I don't focus on stuffing my face! hahah
Old 03-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #437
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Multimama
Stats: 149/132/130
WOE: HCG/Primal
Start Date: Feb 7, 2014
[QUOTE=Sammi;16838568]Names..................3/10...............3/17.............3/24............3/31.............4/7

A’smommy ..........
BostonGirl............
Cajungirl200 .......
Hope2BeThin .......154.8..............
IcanIwill1.............146.8..............
imgonadoit- ..........
Ladyboss7 ...........218................
Mad4Chillas .........210................
Mcchimento...........
Sammi.................215.8.............
Vella Marie ...........
WickedStitch........210.................

Good Morning Ladies,

I updated our chart for tomorrow. Could you please all check your numbers and make any corrections if needed. Remember, everyday is a new start! Thank you. Have a wonderful Sunday![/QUOTE ] "

Dana--I was still 131.2 on 3/17. I'm on the HCG phase 3 protocol, so I'm doing my best to maintain my weight within two pounds of my LDW (last day weighed).

I'm enjoying a range of foods again and am most excited about having HWC in my chai tea in the morning. :-)

Last edited by Multimama; 03-21-2014 at 07:09 AM..
Multimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Rob, you are toooo funny, dating two men for lent. Hahahaha.
Mariah I am right with you. I have come so far, what is my problem right now??? I must snap out of this.
WickedStitch I bought my keto sticks at the Walmart Pharmacy. They keep them behind the counter. I don't know why.

Have a wonderful Friday.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies, HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Rob, I would love to see pics of those eggs.....now I'm really fascinated!

Wickedstitch, I picked mine up at CVS....and because I'm super cheap I cut the in half lengthwise so I have twice as many! What branch of the military does your Hubby serve in? My son just completed his service with the Navy. For a while he thought about going career, but with all the spending cuts, etc he decided it was wiser to just leave when his contract was up.....I'm so glad he did! Please tell your husband THANK YOU for his service....and thank YOU....it is very hard to be a military family!!

Multimama, great job maintaining your loss, WTG!

Sammi, I think a lot of folks are struggling with the winter blahs....it's that weird season where it's not really winter, but not yet spring....you can do this!!! Every day is a new chance to regain your focus and your footing!

Mariah, did you bite the bullet?? How are you doing?? We all have our cycles, the main thing is to recognize it and keep moving towards our goal! You can do this!!!

Lea, did you get some rest honey???

OMG....I think I'm in love!!! I have discovered Coconut cream! I don't know why I've never thought to explore it before now, but it is a FABULOUS dairy replacement!!! It's thicker than dairy cream, it whips up beautifully....and has fewer calories than dairy! I also found a fabulous dairy free vegan cream cheese that is largely made of coconut oil.....and it really tastes like cream cheese....it's very good!! Going Dairy free may be MUCH easier than I anticipated!

Well kids, have a great Friday....the weekend is ALMOST here!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

.................................................. ......................
OMG....I think I'm in love!!! I have discovered Coconut cream! I don't know why I've never thought to explore it before now, but it is a FABULOUS dairy replacement!!! It's thicker than dairy cream, it whips up beautifully....and has fewer calories than dairy! I also found a fabulous dairy free vegan cream cheese that is largely made of coconut oil.....and it really tastes like cream cheese....it's very good!! Going Dairy free may be MUCH easier than I anticipated!

I must try and post a photo tomorrow, I will take a photo in the sunlight, so the colour will show...wish I had regular eggs so y'all can see the contrast.
I love you ...love you...love you.
I just checked for coconut cream....we garrit in the stores here.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I must try and post a photo tomorrow, I will take a photo in the sunlight, so the colour will show...wish I had regular eggs so y'all can see the contrast.
I love you ...love you...love you.
I just checked for coconut cream....we garrit in the stores here.
Have you tried it yet? Isn't it divine? I whipped some up last night with the mixer and a little splenda and OMG it was divine!!! Just like whipped cream! I also found some amazing dairy free vegan cream cheese....it's the Trader Joes brand for the Trader Joes stores, so you may not have that over there....but I read that there IS a divine dairy free cream cheese made by Tofutti....that might be a brand you can find?
Old 03-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #442
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Multimama
Stats: 149/132/130
WOE: HCG/Primal
Start Date: Feb 7, 2014
Quote:
Have you tried it yet? Isn't it divine? I whipped some up last night with the mixer and a little splenda and OMG it was divine!!! Just like whipped cream! I also found some amazing dairy free vegan cream cheese....it's the Trader Joes brand for the Trader Joes stores, so you may not have that over there....but I read that there IS a divine dairy free cream cheese made by Tofutti....that might be a brand you can find?

I love coconut cream! I'll be picking up a flat tomorrow from Trader Joe's. We also get multi colored eggs from a local family. I love the light green ones. Wondering if I can figure out how to upload a picture..... I can seem to upload one for my avatar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140317_073635.jpg (40.2 KB, 2 views)
Multimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Hahaha. Very funny Rob. It does appear to be the case.
I just got back from the date. The first of the two. It was all kinds of wrong. Made date number two seem desirable. So maybe something good will come from it. It's amazing how I always feel bad not liking a nice guy who's not for me back. But if they didn't like something about me it would likely be an abrupt sayonara. I really have to make some serious changes for myself. I think it's partly a self esteem thing from being overweight.

On the bright side, I did well eating. Made really good choices.
Still need to get rest though. I'm thinking Sunday is probably the earliest possible.

Sammi, Mariah : I know how you feel. I'm in the same place. I live in ny and we got hit by a very bad winter. I think that has affected my mindset.
Be positive and envision the new you which is coming. We must motivate ourselves. Every day you are closer to your goal. Remember that and never forget it. You are closer than you think. This has been helping me. Lately I'm thinking what's holding me back is my treat day once a week. But then I remind myself that I'm doing so much better than before when it was 2 days a week. I'm maintaining now rather than gaining, that's a huge achievement. Sometimes we have to take things a little slower. But for me it does help to remind myself of my successes. Both small and large.

Rob- those eggs sound very interesting. How do they taste in comparison to brown and white eggs.

Tammy- so glad you are finding things that are making the transition to dairy free easy. Yummy! Coconut
I like almond breeze coconut/almond milk. It's a unique flavor that is very sweet even though its unsweetened. Haven't found a brand of "coconut milk only" that I like yet.

Wicked stitch- it's definitely hard to eat out because if hidden carbs. But if ur overly conscious u should do ok. The sunflower seeds are very helpful in the summer. In the winter I'm the queen of eggs. I carry them around everywhere just in case I'm hungry. Then I just eat the whites. They really help.

Multimama- glad to see u enjoying a good variety of foods and meeting your weight in goals.

Have a good morning everyone. Stick to it. Results will come if you do. And for people like me who may not, the results will come later. If you can accept this hard truth and still want to enjoy, go ahead. I think you have made a good decision. Lately, I've been thinking I'm tired of waiting. So I've adjusted my eating with this in mind.

O. Tonight I was speaking to a person who is really into eating healthy. He told me to put cumin seeds In oil and cook my shrimp. He said it tastes like butter. He said i wouldn't need to use as much butter. Has anyone tried this? I don't like curry . Are cumin seeds in curry? Also I wonder if there seeds have carbs?

Have a good day.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-21-2014 at 10:23 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Read this post. not my other.

Read this post. not my other. have some additions and the edit button disappeared while i was writing them.

Hahaha. Very funny Rob. It does appear to be the case.
I just got back from the date. The first of the two. It was all kinds of wrong. Made date number two seem desirable. So maybe something good will come from it. It's amazing how I always feel bad not liking a nice guy who's not for me back. But if they didn't like something about me it would likely be an abrupt sayonara. I really have to make some serious changes for myself. I think it's partly a self esteem thing from being overweight.

On the bright side, I did well eating. Made really good choices.
Still need to get rest though. I'm thinking Sunday is probably the earliest possible.

Sammi, Mariah : I know how you feel. I'm in the same place. I live in ny and we got hit by a very bad winter. I think that has affected my mindset.
Be positive and envision the new you which is coming. We must motivate ourselves. Every day you are closer to your goal. Remember that and never forget it. You are closer than you think. This has been helping me. Lately I'm thinking what's holding me back is my treat day once a week. But then I remind myself that I'm doing so much better than before when it was 2 days a week. I'm maintaining now rather than gaining, that's a huge achievement. Sometimes we have to take things a little slower. But for me it does help to remind myself of my successes. Both small and large.

Rob- those eggs sound very interesting. How do they taste in comparison to brown and white eggs.
I liked ur oops post. Took a few seconds for
me to figure it out. LoL. Glad you enjoyed yourself. If we were perfect, we wouldn't be human. I will always thank u for making me realize how important it is to be guilt free.

Tammy- so glad you are finding things that are making the transition to dairy free easy. Yummy! Coconut
I like almond breeze coconut/almond milk. It's a unique flavor that is very sweet even though its unsweetened. Haven't found a brand of "coconut milk only" that I like yet. And all the coconut cream I've found so far have added sugar. I'm going to keep looking since you have made it sound that amazing.

Wicked stitch- it's definitely hard to eat out because if hidden carbs. But if ur overly conscious u should do ok. The sunflower seeds are very helpful in the summer. In the winter I'm the queen of eggs. I carry them around everywhere just in case I'm hungry. Then I just eat the whites. They really help.

Multimama- glad to see u enjoying a good variety of foods and meeting your weigh in goals. That's great!

Have a good morning everyone. Stick to it. Results will come if you do. And for people like me who may not, the results will come later. If you can accept this hard truth and still want to enjoy, go ahead. I think you have made a good decision. Lately, I've been thinking I'm tired of waiting. So I've adjusted my eating with this in mind.

O. Tonight I was speaking to a person who is really into eating healthy. He told me to put cumin seeds In oil and cook my shrimp. He said it tastes like butter. He said i wouldn't need to use as much butter. Has anyone tried this? I don't like curry . Are cumin seeds in curry? Also I wonder if there seeds have carbs?

Have a good day.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-21-2014 at 10:59 PM..
Old 03-22-2014, 02:25 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey everyone. I finally caught up on reading everyone's posts.

I knocked out earlier today, at like 8 pm so I decided to take advantage of the fact that now I am wide awake at 2 am. I really hate wasting my time sleeping or taking naps when I don't need too, so I am making a Dr.s appointment so I can get some sort of pill that keeps me awake longer. I cant remember what its called but its popular now. I don't have time to crash and burn like I did today.

I have had a long hard two weeks. This week was the first week I actually thought about going off my plan to have drink or 10 because I was so stressed out. I just kept thinking about how crappy I would feel after though and all the progress I made, so I left the alcohol alone. I am doing my emergency rotation right now, and when you work emergency you expect more death than a regular hospital, but holy crap the other day, it seemed like every animal that came through the door died Or there are the times when they make it through surgery, or we save them from crashing and couple hours later they just die on us I am very good with people, so a lot of times I go talk to families. That's hard. Between my packed schedule, idiot husband and emotional rotation right now I have been just very depressed or stressed out This is normally the time I would try and justify going off my diet, but right now, its the only stable thing I have in my life.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:41 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Quote:
Hi.

And do it.
Never forget.

Hugs I will do a blessing for you and your parents tomorrow.

About they guys, I wouldn't even waste my time when someone special is waiting to be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post

That's my husband too lol. He likes his little sports cars, I like the big trucks. I am a country girl from rural Illinois, he is the city boy from los angeles lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
Ladies,
Where do you buy your keto sticks? I have looked in a few stores around here and they are nowhere to be found. Do you get them online?

We have been dining out far too often around here. Which no matter how low carb I try to stay, there's always hidden carbs in there somewhere! We've been in limbo waiting for Rambo's (husband) orders for this upcoming deployment. We dine out because it gives us more time together, instead of me in the kitchen cooking, him wanting to eat on front of the tv and then me back in the kitchen cleaning up the mess I've made.

Now with baseball season ramping back up I will spend many a day, night or weekend at the ballparks with my son. Luckily there are some flavored sunflower seeds that can save me for when I get that crunchy urge. A grilled hot dog or burger without the bun is the norm for me if we are there all day. Of course I bring my camera and my knitting to keep my hands busy during the game so I don't focus on stuffing my face! hahah
I buy mine at walgreens, at my store, they are right next to the pharmacy counter on the left. I gave up dining out because hidden carbs are everywhere. You never know whats in the marinades and seasoning powders. Dressings have more carbs than the ones I buy. I was too much work and stress for me.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Just wanted to say I am still here!! And still trucking a long! I am going to go through and reply to some of these posts! Working 6 days a week really takes a toll on your free time..

Hope everyone is doing well! Two more days til weigh-in
Old 03-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins

BostonGirl............
Cajungirl200 .......
Hope2BeThin .......154.8..............149
imgonadoit- ..........
Mcchimento...........
Multimama...........131.2..............131.2
Vella Marie ...........

I am just checking in. My week was okay, I know I can do better.
Have a great Sunday Ladies.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi.

And do it.
Never forget.
Hope you were able to get some rest this weekend! It sounds like you have a lot of stress right now, taking some r&r time might just be the thing you needs to recharge! Also I found the pictures I took pretty motivating--yes they are horibble to look at but they will be great at assessing my progress, because often we don't see the changes in our bodies right away. I definitely reccomend it!

Quote:
Lea, You have so much on your plate. I hope you get some help that will enable you cope easier with your parents declining health.
Its wise, and sensible to seek the help we need. Superwoman status is not for living, breathing, people.

Did you say struggling ?...Welcome to the struggling brigade of the dieting Army....boy I should be the poster person for struggling...they had tons of biscuits (cookies) in the office today, I resisted until 4pm, and I thought, what the heck and scoffed quite a few...sad thing is, I rationalised it by going "....I've lost over 80lbs since July, this won't put the whole thing back on"
I will not beat myself up about my dieting indiscretions. Never again.
I go to a very bad and sad place when I do that to myself.

Isn't it crazy how we try to rationalize our bad behavior! I always find myself thinking these things and I KNOW its just an excuse for me to eat off plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
Ladies,

Ive always ordered my ketosticks online, usually amazon. I'm sure I could find them in stores but I've never looked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Rob, you are toooo funny, dating two men for lent. Hahahaha.
Mariah I am right with you. I have come so far, what is my problem right now??? I must snap out of this.
WickedStitch I bought my keto sticks at the Walmart Pharmacy. They keep them behind the counter. I don't know why.

Have a wonderful Friday.
Hope you were able to snap out of it! I am in dieting limbo hell and am trying to crawl out of it. I think the stress from working 2 jobs and lots of hours plus our horibble winter has really taken a toll on me. Now that the weather is looking a little better I feel more optimistic.

Quote:

Wickedstitch, I picked mine up at CVS....and because I'm super cheap I cut the in half lengthwise so I have twice as many! What branch of the military does your Hubby serve in? My son just completed his service with the Navy. For a while he thought about going career, but with all the spending cuts, etc he decided it was wiser to just leave when his contract was up.....I'm so glad he did! Please tell your husband THANK YOU for his service....and thank YOU....it is very hard to be a military family!!

Multimama, great job maintaining your loss, WTG!

Sammi, I think a lot of folks are struggling with the winter blahs....it's that weird season where it's not really winter, but not yet spring....you can do this!!! Every day is a new chance to regain your focus and your footing!

Mariah, did you bite the bullet?? How are you doing?? We all have our cycles, the main thing is to recognize it and keep moving towards our goal! You can do this!!!

Lea, did you get some rest honey???

I am trying to bite the bullet! I'm going grocery shopping tonight and am going to stock up on LC essentials to prepare me for the week. I've noticed when I'm unorganized that, that's when my WOE goes to hell. I've always been a little bit of a slow learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
I love coconut cream! I'll be picking up a flat tomorrow from Trader Joe's. We also get multi colored eggs from a local family. I love the light green ones. Wondering if I can figure out how to upload a picture..... I can seem to upload one for my avatar.
I Trader Joes, I've been meaning to make a stop there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Hey everyone. I finally caught up on reading everyone's posts.

I knocked out earlier today, at like 8 pm so I decided to take advantage of the fact that now I am wide awake at 2 am. I really hate wasting my time sleeping or taking naps when I don't need too, so I am making a Dr.s appointment so I can get some sort of pill that keeps me awake longer. I cant remember what its called but its popular now. I don't have time to crash and burn like I did today.

I have had a long hard two weeks. This week was the first week I actually thought about going off my plan to have drink or 10 because I was so stressed out. I just kept thinking about how crappy I would feel after though and all the progress I made, so I left the alcohol alone. I am doing my emergency rotation right now, and when you work emergency you expect more death than a regular hospital, but holy crap the other day, it seemed like every animal that came through the door died Or there are the times when they make it through surgery, or we save them from crashing and couple hours later they just die on us I am very good with people, so a lot of times I go talk to families. That's hard. Between my packed schedule, idiot husband and emotional rotation right now I have been just very depressed or stressed out This is normally the time I would try and justify going off my diet, but right now, its the only stable thing I have in my life.
Good for you for sticking with it! That takes a lot of willpower and I commend you for it! I definitely know how you feel with life being jam packed. It makes it hard to breathe let alone take time for yourself. Just keep at it, breathe and do what you need to do to maintain some sanity. We are all here for you if need some extra love and support
Old 03-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday! It's been a nice lazy day here....my favorite kind since I know I'm facing a hectic Monday!!

Lea, Was the second date better than the first? I hope you're getting your rest, it's so much harder to stay on plan when you're weary & fatigued.

LaVella, you are SOOOO inspiring the way you persevere through so much stress and chaos.....you're an outstanding reminder that the ONE THING we can control is what we put in our mouths, thank you!!

Mariah, you keep biting that bullet girl, you can do this we are all here for you!!!

Sammi, you are such a doll keeping that chart up to date for us, thank you!!! Hey, an OK week is better than a bad week any day!

Well ladies, 4 days dairy free for me so far and it's going great....I am down at least 3 pounds in the past 4 days!!

I hope everyone is having a great day, see you at tomorrows weigh in!