Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Rob, I think regular sausage would probably work, though I would indeed season it with a little fennel and/or anise if you have some.
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
OMG...God bless you for this post.
It has been endless craving. So much so that I figured that if I had this relentless craving at the beginning, I wouldn't have lost a single pound.
I am so glad you posted this.
Boy...its been hellish.
End of protein shakes.
I commend you for being so determined to finish what you started. I have been amazed you stuck with it this far. It hasnt been pleasant. except for in the beginning when the hunger first stopped.I have a feeling you are going to have a very nice drop this week. Wish I had remembered my experience and made the connection earlier. Better late than never.

Tammy- I'm giving it my all. Thank you for the encouragement. This is the first week I feel I have a shot to lose some weight. It's been so hard to get where I am. I'm not forgetting that. Hope stopping the antibiotics makes you feel better. I always feel weak on them and slightly hungry. Boy, your tooth procedure took a long time complete itself. Certainly going to be feeling better now.

Well I'm off to the gym to swim one and a half hours.

Have a great night.
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Good Morning Everyone,

Tammy your soup sounds delicious. I definitely will make it. Yummy. Okay this morning for breakfast I made a minute muffin with tuna salad. I know what most of you are thinking, tuna for breakfast!! I wanted to give the eggs a break. I really can eat almost anything for breakfast. Tammy thank you for your encouraging words.
The past few weeks I seem to have lost my way. This morning I walked three miles and I am taking one day at a time trying to eat on plan and no cheating!
Have a great Tuesday!
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Good morning indeed.

Great attitude Sammi. It's the only way to enjoy the day. We can be so hard on ourselves. Walking is such nice way to relax I bet you feel wonderful.

Well, I know it is way early to report an official loss but I wanted to share with everyone that the scale finally is being kind to me. I dropped 1.6 pounds to 151.8 this morning. I feel good and it's funny how things come together because yesterday I was thinking maybe ill skip treat day fir this week. I'm still not sure but it's a possibility. Maybe I'll do a modified something. Well it's too early to be sure. What I do know is increasing my exercise back up to an hour half- 2 hours 5 days a week seems to be the answer for me. Hopefully I can sustain it. Especially since I'm trying to Add in weight training. Anyone who says its too much has never had a weight problem. We do what works. Key lesson learned however is to give the body time to adapt. If it hurts, lay off a few days.

Well I'm finally having a good week. But I'm not taking anything for granted :-)
Have a great day everyone.

I think my improved mood may be related to daylight saving time. I'm very sensitive to the dark and cold. Thank goodness spring is on the way.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-11-2014 at 08:36 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
Names..................2/10................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy ..........134.5............131.5 ..............131...........130
AmyP .................257................254........... .....251............254...........254
Cajungirl200 .......226.2.............228.0 .............226.0
HippyGyspyKaren 260.2..............257.2
Hope2BeThin ........................................... .....149.2..........152.4
IcanIwill1............154.................151..... ..........147.8.........146.............146.8
imgonadoit- ........153.4..............151.2
Ladyboss7 ...........223................220.8 ...........219.0..........217.8
Mad4Chillas .........220................213.4............211.1 ..........209.4
Mcchimento.........244.8..............242.8 ............241.0..........242.0
Sammi .............. 221..................217.8............215......... ..216.2..........215.8
Vella Marie .........314.4...............311.4
Wziswife*-..........165..................162. 4
WickedStitch...................................... ..............................................210

I'm back! Sorry for the late post...visiting family left yesterday. I had a full week of people and weight has fluctuated quite a bit, but as of Sunday I was the same as the week before so I am keeping that number! Hope to be back down to my previous low by next Monday.. The weather here is getting better so I am walking again!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Ladies,

I have to share with you a recipe for the BEST SOUP I think I've ever made.....it was seriously SO GOOD!!!! The recipe was shared in another thread and so I made it this weekend and let me tell you.....it was awesome. My family LOVED IT!! The original recipes called for potatoes, so it would not be low carb, the gal who shared the recipe included her low carb alterations....If you like soup at all this is a keeper:

Zuppa Tuscana

4 slices bacon, diced (I made more and use some to top the soup afterwards)
1 lb ground hot Italian sausage
1 large yellow onion, diced (I only used 1/2 an onion)
4 cloves garlic, minced (I used the preminced jar kind)
4 cups (32 oz) chicken stock
3 cups russet potatoes, cubed (I used 1 bag frozen cauliflower pre-steamed and 1 bag radishes that I quartered and roasted with olive oil and thyme in the oven @350 for 20 minutes till browned)
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 cups kale, in bite size pieces
1 cup heavy whipping cream
parmesan cheese, grated

In a large pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the grease. Add the sausage, breaking it apart as it cooks. Once sausage is browned and crumbled, drain off grease leaving a tbsp to saute the onion.

Push the sausage and bacon to the edge of the pot and add the onion to the center; saute until translucent; add garlic; saute until fragrant.

Stir in the stock and potatoes (cauliflower and roasted radishes) , season with salt and pepper, and simmer for about 20 minutes.l

Add kale and heavy whipping cream. Bring to a simmer. Top with parmesan cheese (and extra bacon) when serving.

I promise you it is soooooo good!!!!
That sounds delicious! I love soup so I will put this in my recipe file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

Tammy your soup sounds delicious. I definitely will make it. Yummy. Okay this morning for breakfast I made a minute muffin with tuna salad. I know what most of you are thinking, tuna for breakfast!! I wanted to give the eggs a break. I really can eat almost anything for breakfast. Tammy thank you for your encouraging words.
The past few weeks I seem to have lost my way. This morning I walked three miles and I am taking one day at a time trying to eat on plan and no cheating!
Have a great Tuesday!
I'm also having Tuna today! Not for breakfast but for lunch---great minds think alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
Good morning indeed.

Great attitude Sammi. It's the only way to enjoy the day. We can be so hard on ourselves. Walking is such nice way to relax I bet you feel wonderful.

Well, I know it is way early to report an official loss but I wanted to share with everyone that the scale finally is being kind to me. I dropped 1.6 pounds to 151.8 this morning. I feel good and it's funny how things come together because yesterday I was thinking maybe ill skip treat day fir this week. I'm still not sure but it's a possibility. Maybe I'll do a modified something. Well it's too early to be sure. What I do know is increasing my exercise back up to an hour half- 2 hours 5 days a week seems to be the answer for me. Hopefully I can sustain it. Especially since I'm trying to Add in weight training. Anyone who says its too much has never had a weight problem. We do what works. Key lesson learned however is to give the body time to adapt. If it hurts, lay off a few days.

Well I'm finally having a good week. But I'm not taking anything for granted :-)
Have a great day everyone.

I think my improved mood may be related to daylight saving time. I'm very sensitive to the dark and cold. Thank goodness spring is on the way.
That's awesome, gotta love the mini-whooshes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post

I'm back! Sorry for the late post...visiting family left yesterday. I had a full week of people and weight has fluctuated quite a bit, but as of Sunday I was the same as the week before so I am keeping that number! Hope to be back down to my previous low by next Monday.. The weather here is getting better so I am walking again!
Amen to better weather! I love seeing the snow melt! Its been a terrible winter. By the time Spring is in full force we're all going to be rockin' some adorable spring clothes!!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!! Still retaining some fluid from yesterday but I feel motivated to stick to it and get back in to my happy no craving mode. My Fitbit is fully charged and I brought my big water bottle with me to work today so no excuse to not get in 10,000 steps and 64+ oz of water!

Tentative menu for the day:

B:
-2 Cups of Coffee W-HWC & SF Torani
L:
-6 Oz. Tuna W-2 Tbsp. Mayo, 1 Tsp. Mustard & 1 Tbsp. Relish
-3 Stalks of Celery
-1 String Cheese
-1 Diet Coke
D:
-3 Eggs Scrambled W-1 Tbsp. Butter & 1 Oz. Dubliner Cheddar
-2 Slices Bacon

+64 Oz. Water

~5g Net
Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!!

Sammi, you're doing great....3 miles is AMAZING!!! Hey, if you like tuna for breakfast go for it, we won't judge, I personally love tuna salad with diced apple, walnuts and raisins.....but that little bit of fruit would kill my ketosis, so I'll avoid it for now!!

Lea, GREAT JOB on the loss....all your hard work and perseverance is paying off, you're on the right track!!!

Amy, it's so hard when you have folks in from out of town....I think maintaining is great, a little focus and lots of water and you'll be losing again in no time!

Mariah, love the menu!! I adore string cheese....do you ever fry yours up in a little butter?? It's amazing......my hubby loves it like that, it gets all gooey like the inside if a mozzarella stick.

How's everyone else doing?

Well the scale has decided to be kind to me as well and tells me that I'm down a pound this morning.....I'd really like to lose 2 more this week if possible and get to 215. I am drinking LOTS and LOTS of water. I'm challenging myself to drink it plain, without any added mio or crystal light or anything. I sometimes wonder if the extra sugar free sweeteners are slowing me down, so I'm trying to flush my body with at least 57 - 64 ounces of pure unflavored water every day. I really do not care for pure unflavored water.... but it DID get the scale to move again and I LOVE that!!

Well I hope everyone's having a GREAT day!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 03-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Fried string cheese? I think we may be soul mates...
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Fried string cheese? I think we may be soul mates...
Amy it's sooooo good!! and with a little marinara to dip it in?!?!?! I could make a meal out of that for sure!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Me too

Quote:

Well the scale has decided to be kind to me as well and tells me that I'm down a pound this morning.....I'd really like to lose 2 more this week if possible and get to 215. I am drinking LOTS and LOTS of water. I'm challenging myself to drink it plain, without any added mio or crystal light or anything. I sometimes wonder if the extra sugar free sweeteners are slowing me down, so I'm trying to flush my body with at least 57 - 64 ounces of pure unflavored water every day. I really do not care for pure unflavored water.... but it DID get the scale to move again and I LOVE that!!

Well I hope everyone's having a GREAT day!!!
Well Tammy I was going to post this tomorrow. But since I see you and I have the same opinion of plain water, I'll write about it now. I've been making camamille tea for the night and breakfast Irish tea for the day and adding stevia. I use my empty gallons of water. I don't always have it warm, I also have it chilled. It really helps me get my water in and it's ultra satisfying because of the flavor. Irish breakfast tea tastes like real ice tea to me and it is on the lighter side without too much caffeine. I also dilute it a bit. I use the twinnings brand. The stevia I use is sweet leaf extract powder . It's yummy. I also use liquid saccharin when I want it ultra sweet. For some reason I don't react we'll to liquid splenda. I like erythritol but its expensive since you need a lot to make it sweet.

Hope this helps. All your recipes look delish. Keep them coming!

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-11-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Hi Ladies
hope y'all having a fab day.
I laid off the shakes...guess what?
no cravings...none...nada.
I thank you Lea.

btw...I am a great believer in doing what works.
I walk between 9.5 and 14 miles a day....built up over the last 9mths. I don't care for gyms...I become a 'clock watcher' looking to see if its time to finish what ever I'm doing.
I truly enjoy walking, and it sometimes brings tears of gratitude to my eyes, when I see the energy I have, and the joy it brings me.
It Curbs my appetite, lifts my mood, allows me to see losses despite my many, many fallings off the wagon.

Off I go, the weather here is magnificent today. Mild and Bright with not a cloud in sight.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Good Evening Ladies!

I think I had a slight epiphany of my eating habits tonight...

I think I've discovered that when I am LCing that if I go overboard with artificial sweeteners (other than sweetener in my coffee or diet pop) it TOTALLY derails me. I can pin-point the exact point 2 weeks ago when I fell off the wagon and I attribute it to sugar free Werthers Caramels I bought on a whim...the devil!

I now know that I have to just go cold turkey and opt out for sugar free sweets or artificially sweetened anything during my weight loss 'phase'. I really want my weight loss to stick this time around and I think I need to learn to make gradual steps into a lifestyle change rather than "Low Carb for 5 days...Cheat 1 Day...Struggle to get back on for 6+ days...repeat, etc".

I'm working up the courage to clean out my cupboards and fridge of anything not on plan and toss it down our trash-shoot. Wish me luck!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, I love tea....iced or hot!! I will have to remember to make a pitcher of it. I'm just trying to be super careful of the artificial sweeteners right now. I'm getting better about the plain water, especially if its icy!

Rob, that's A LOT of walking, I'm impressed!!! I need to really make it a point to walk more, I live in BEAUTIFUL area and I really have no excuse not to walk more....you're very inspiring!!

Mariah, that's a GREAT epiphany! I have to admit that I MUST keep my cupboards free of any and all illegal foods. When I started I had my son who's big time into nutrition clear the entire kitchen of anything questionable one day while I was at work (So I couldn't argue with him about saving anything) now I allow nothing into the house that's not on my plan....that way I can't be tempted.....it's the only way I can do this......you can do it too!!! The food you throw away is NOT worth the temptation. If you're concerned about it, maybe have a friend or family member that you know understands and have them come and do it for you....they can take the food with them and keep it or give it away or whatever. Maybe treat yourself to a nice hot bubble bath while they clean out the kitchen for you.....but whatever you do DON'T WATCH THEM DO IT!!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Hello,

Okay, I am happy to announce My head is back into eating on plan. There has still been bouncing with my weight but I'm eating 20 carbs or less and walking three miles daily. Today I cut up chicken for my lunch over a salad with plenty of water to drink. I also made fat bombs and everyday I will have a minute muffin. My menu for the week is set, so now I am prepared. Whew! It's been a long winter! I have Onederland in sight! All I want is to reach it.
Mariah I agree, one cheat day equals six days to catch up. You would think I would have learned that by now. It is not worth the setback.
Tammy I'm going to try the fried string cheese. It sounds delish!

Have a wonderful day ladies.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Good morning.

I had another mini whoosh today I am happy to write. I'm now down to

I know it's probably just a fluctuation but its nice to finally see some results.

After reading everyones experiences this week i wanted to give my input.

What I have learned from this weight loss challenge is the importance of being satisfied and accountable. I did induction by the book and gained weight. My body seems to respond better to the maintenance plan. Always has. Even when I was first on Atkins I lost 30 pounds in about 4 months of strict induction but it was not sustainable for me. then i went off. and gained half it back. but decided...not this time...and did more of a maintenance plan with salads, no grains and the occasional fruit platter, yam and healthy treat meal like stuffed clams or eggplant rolette with about 30-50 carbs. Lost the 15 I regained and 15 more. The most important thing was i allowed myself indulgences that where healthy and portioned controlled. I allowed myself to enjoy eating. i listened to my body. I was patient.

i have learned, I cannot live without my coffee . I cannot live without my sweetener and I cannot live without my gum and sugar free candies. I could eat less of them and I'm working in it but I have to have some. I've accepted this. Deprivation of the things I like makes me go off plan. I must learn to control my portions. Although it is absolutely true that some foods trigger me or increase cravings. Those things I cannot live with eating and I know that too. They have been removed from my diet.

It's still a work in progress but I wanted to share this. I wish everything was clear cut yes and no choices. It would be so much easier. It just hasn't been that way and gets more and more obvious as time passes since I hit my goal weight.

But the absolute most important thing is to do what you know works for YOU. And figuring that out is the challenge.

I'm happy we are all learning these things.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-12-2014 at 10:36 AM..
Old 03-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Sammi, good for you!! Your plan sounds very doable and the main thing is that YOU like your plan....you WILL see Onderland very soon. BTW, I'm sure that I've mentioned how beautiful your puppy dog is.....every time I see your Avi it reminds me of my DD's dog whom I love and adore....I attached a pic for you to see him....he's our furry little love....albeit a spoiled brat much of the time.

Lea, I could not agree with your post more....that was RIGHT ON TRACK!!! Congrats on 151.....I am dreaming of that day myself!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dani & Bear.jpg (71.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning.

I had another mini whoosh today I am happy to write. I'm now down to

I know it's probably just a fluctuation but its nice to finally see some results.

After reading everyones experiences this week i wanted to give my input.

What I have learned from this weight loss challenge is the importance of being satisfied and accountable. I did induction by the book and gained weight. My body seems to respond better to the maintenance plan. Always has. Even when I was first on Atkins I lost 30 pounds in about 4 months of strict induction but it was not sustainable for me. then i went off. and gained half it back. but decided...not this time...and did more of a maintenance plan with salads, no grains and the occasional fruit platter, yam and healthy treat meal like stuffed clams or eggplant rolette with about 30-50 carbs. Lost the 15 I regained and 15 more. The most important thing was i allowed myself indulgences that where healthy and portioned controlled. I allowed myself to enjoy eating. i listened to my body. I was patient.

i have learned, I cannot live without my coffee . I cannot live without my sweetener and I cannot live without my gum and sugar free candies. I could eat less of them and I'm working in it but I have to have some. I've accepted this. Deprivation of the things I like makes me go off plan. I must learn to control my portions. Although it is absolutely true that some foods trigger me or increase cravings. Those things I cannot live with eating and I know that too. They have been removed from my diet.

It's still a work in progress but I wanted to share this. I wish everything was clear cut yes and no choices. It would be so much easier. It just hasn't been that way and gets more and more obvious as time passes since I hit my goal weight.

But the absolute most important thing is to do what you know works for YOU. And figuring that out is the challenge.

I'm happy we are all learning these things.
PROFOUND TRUTH.

Yaaay well done on the whooshes.
Mini or Major a whoosh is a whoosh.
savour it
celebrate it
it is the oil that greases the wheel of this journey.
Well done Lea.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 03-12-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

I have always maintained that the only perfect plan, is the one that works for 'ME'
When I see all these nutritionists and so called experts, knock something they have never tried, I shake my head.
Right now, I am struggling with the 'good advisers' who try to tell me about a so called balanced diet.
How low carb is not a balanced diet.
As if they have had to struggle with my soul destroying anguish, when I cave in to a carb craving, because I am like a crack addict when it comes to carbs.

I just had 54grams of pickled onion and mature cheddar cheese. The universe is suddenly perfectly aligned.
No more craving
No more suffering
No more deprivation.

We rock peeps...we truly do.
As we deal with our individual struggles, we never stop from giving each other a helping hand to navigate our individual challenges.
I am so glad to 'meet' you awesome Divas.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, LOVE the Avi!!! You should change your username from hope2bthin to MADEit2thin!!!!

Rob, you so totally rock and I think your post is absolutely right....the perfect plan is the one that works....for each of us!!! I am so happy you're part of our group....I love our group!
Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys. You are all the best. Every last thought, opinion, advice you have voiced has been so influential to me. It is shaping how I think and I am grateful.

Sammi- it's great that your back on track. Planning meals always helps. This week is a strong hold for us. We are all really focused. It feels good.

Mariah- it's great that you realize the candies trigger you or increase your cravings. You work too hard to let them interfere with your mindset. Find a good time to remove them from your diet plan. And start looking for something that can fill its place. It's a bump in the road. Buy it may be something you just can't live with eating. I know that bringing foods I know I should not eat I to the house is frequently my downfall. Definitely throw them away. You can do it! It's hard to put them down in the supermarket. So it's gonna take a lot of certainty to throw them away if they already have made it into your house. You sound si happy saying you plan to do it. You will be even more happy after its done. I definitely hate overindulging and having to make it up over days. That's why calorie caps and portions are go important. As for the weather, I second your amen.

Rob- i cannot even begin to express how much I agree with your post about other peoples opinion of your diet. Every time I listen to someone else who has never in the slightest bit known the struggle we deal with I have been stirred in the wrong direction. My advice would be to have a thorough health panel done and let that guide you. You will find the level of carb you can eat probably only by trial and error. As will i. The hard road is our fate. But in the end we will set ourselves free. What an achievement, indeed.

Tammy-don't I wish I was at goal. I'm close but not yet there and as you know it's a slippery slope. But I have accomplished a lot and I should be proud and celebrate the victory. I seek perfection and its overrated. I need to learn to pat myself on the back. I can be my own worst enemy. I need to learn to dream, like you. When I started I did that but along the way you stop. Not sure why? You will get there. It is amazing how quickly time flies and before you know it all those days of determination and resolve are behind you and your there. And you look back and say wow I did it. It wasnt easy but I knew what I wanted. I saw myself as I wanted to be. I was patient and I willed it. That day will come. And you'll look even lovelier than you look today.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies,

Mariah, OMG.....love the new AVI....you are freakin gorgeous!

Lea, you are such a sweetie! You have come a long way and honestly your progress and results are SOOOOO encouraging to those of us with so far to go. I'm really excited that I've lost 20 pounds....but I've still got another 80 to go! Seeing progress like your reminds me that it IS possible!

Well Kids, Just a quick check in, I'm headed off to an all day meeting with the corporate folks....I have to drive at least an hour (if I'm lucky) across LA in traffic to get there! They'll bring in lunch though and they promised me a nice Fajita / Salad bar so I'll have plenty of great choices. My daughter will be there to (We work for the same company) so at least we'll get to spend the day together.....even if it is a corporate meeting!

I'll check in later, have a great day!!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone! Hope all is well. I am still chugging along here. Hoping to get some of my company pounds off. I made some fried cheese, Tammy...not sure if I should hug you or not! It is SO GOOD. May have to limit myself a tad

Off to take the dog to the dog park. Since the weather is a bit nicer we are walking more. He's a four month old german shepherd and needs to get his exercise (me too!). We have lost our two old dogs over the last couple of years and it is nice to have company on my walks again..he is training well and I completely adore him.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #384
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BostonGirl
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 2014
I'm happy to partake. I just weigh on Saturday, but I can report it the following Monday. I need some support, since my DH has always been the perfect weight for his height. He's great about supporting whatever I do. I'm just looking for some comraderie
BostonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies, I hope everybody is having a great day.

Life is good.
I feel so liberated to feel hunger...a mere sensation that I know how to deal with and eliminate...no mind bending craving, no out of control sensation that makes me lose total control of my resolve.
I am having an attitude of gratitude for Lea's insight.
Look at today for instance, I was hungry toward the end of the work day, it was so empowering to know that, once I got home, I had really delicious food waiting for me to eat and feel satisfied.
No guilt
no regret
no anguish

I am back to that feeling of "This way of eating is sustainable for the rest of my life"
Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning ladies,

Mariah, OMG.....love the new AVI....you are freakin gorgeous!

Lea, you are such a sweetie! You have come a long way and honestly your progress and results are SOOOOO encouraging to those of us with so far to go. I'm really excited that I've lost 20 pounds....but I've still got another 80 to go! Seeing progress like your reminds me that it IS possible!

Well Kids, Just a quick check in, I'm headed off to an all day meeting with the corporate folks....I have to drive at least an hour (if I'm lucky) across LA in traffic to get there! They'll bring in lunch though and they promised me a nice Fajita / Salad bar so I'll have plenty of great choices. My daughter will be there to (We work for the same company) so at least we'll get to spend the day together.....even if it is a corporate meeting!

I'll check in later, have a great day!!
Tammy, you will be amazed how quickly the time flies, once you find a WOE that is a good fit. And you appear to have found the right fit for you. By late summer you will look back and marvel at how well you have done...

Quote:
Hello everyone! Hope all is well. I am still chugging along here. Hoping to get some of my company pounds off. I made some fried cheese, Tammy...not sure if I should hug you or not! It is SO GOOD. May have to limit myself a tad

Off to take the dog to the dog park. Since the weather is a bit nicer we are walking more. He's a four month old german shepherd and needs to get his exercise (me too!). We have lost our two old dogs over the last couple of years and it is nice to have company on my walks again..he is training well and I completely adore him.
Hahaha...I wish I had the kind of discipline that will make me reserve a bit of something I like eating.......Enjoy your walk...walking is the bestest.

Quote:
Thanks guys. You are all the best. Every last thought, opinion, advice you have voiced has been so influential to me. It is shaping how I think and I am grateful.
Thanks Lea..we adore you. I am still in such awe of how you saved my sanity/weight loss effort, with the post on 'whey and insulin spikes'.
Perfecta as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
I'm happy to partake. I just weigh on Saturday, but I can report it the following Monday. I need some support, since my DH has always been the perfect weight for his height. He's great about supporting whatever I do. I'm just looking for some comraderie
Hi BostonGirl..come right in, we are such a loving inclusive bunch. Pls feel right at home, you are amongst friends.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Well ladies, I am struggling a lot getting back on plan. Sweet cravings are horrible and I fell..so I am committing to NO sweets, artificial or otherwise for a while. I think even the artificial sweeteners are pulling me down at the moment. It's going to take some willpower and white knuckles to get through the next couple days...wish me luck! Send me strength!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Multimama
Stats: 148/138/127
WOE: HCG/Primal
Start Date: Oct 27, 2014
Is it too late to jump in here ladies?
Multimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:59 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning,

Multimama,wonderful to have you join.
AmyP, I hear ya. It is so hard to get back on track. Temptations all around. I am a sugar addict!
Bostongirl. I love Boston. I just relocated to Annapolis from Methuen about 8 months ago. Now I am moving to Indiana in three months. It is so much fun meeting new people. I really hope to be down thirty more pounds by the time I move.
Rob your walking is very impressive. Wow! Great job.
I'll check in back later.
Tammy, travel safe!
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Multimama
Stats: 148/138/127
WOE: HCG/Primal
Start Date: Oct 27, 2014
Name- Dana
Age- 38
Current weight- 131.2
Height- 5'2"
90 day goal- 120
Ultimate Goal Weight- 120
Method - HCG, Primal, Low Carb
Motivation - Fitting into the clothes hanging in my closet, being able to keep up actively with my children, and just feeling good in my own skin!

You all seem like such encouraging women! I'm so glad I found this thread and you are all so welcoming.

I'm currently starting phase #3 of the HCG plan and am REALLY LOOKING forward to eating some good fats and bacon of course. I've been holding steady at 132.2 for about 4 days so I was so excited to see the scale move down 1 lb this morning! 131.2 it is for now.

Looking forward to being accountable by logging my food and STARTING to exercise! I currently have adrenal fatigue, so it's so hard to get motivated to EXERCISE but I know I NEED TO!

Last edited by Multimama; 03-14-2014 at 07:28 AM..
Multimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Dana!