Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member
 
icaniwill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 214
Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
Good Morning Ladies! Sorry I was a little MIA yesterday that picture incident really upset me unfortunately---to make it worse it was for work so I couldnt say no, then it was posted to Facebook . Not only did I look huge but my eyes were closed so overall it was just a mess.

To be honest as well I had binge/purge session that night.... I wasn't going to mention it but I think I need to be honest with you girls and myself in order to be accountable for my actions. I need to learn to cope better with my emotions but before I knew it a box of Valentines Day candies my mom had given me that I stashed in the freezer were pretty much gone. I did pay for it in the morning yesterday though. Felt like sh*t, was light headed and very dehydrated. My weight plumeted about 3# too (which Ive picked up again today even though I had a very good on plan eating day yesterday)

Ive had Bulimia since I was about 16 and it comes and goes, unfortunately as an adult I still deal with those impulses and thoughts. In the past Low-Carb is the only way of eating that I can follow where I feel like I am able to eat until my hearts content and still lose weight (which is HUGE for someone who has dealt with binging). I have a clearer head today and realize that yes weight loss is slow, but Im making positive changes, AND the weight loss will happen and I will get to where I want to be; however it just isnt all that pretty in the beginning stages.

Going to try and stick to Meat & Eggs for the rest of the week. After a smaller weight loss this past week and feeling pretty down this week, I'd love to have a #5 week. I think itd really boost my spirits. I NEED to get out of the 200's, I still can't believe I let my weight get up and beyond that number.

Food is pretty simple today:

B (Didnt have to go in to work until 1:00pm, so I slept late)
-32 Oz. Crystal Light Sunrise
L:
-3 Eggs Scrambled W-1 Tbsp. Smart Balance & 2 Tbsp. White Cheddar
-3 Slices Bacon
-32 Oz. Crystal Light Sunrise
D:
-Lunch on repeat
S:
-1 Cup of Coffee W-1 Tbsp. SF Torani & 2 Tbsp. HWC

+64 Oz. Water

~5g net carbs.
Mariah and deep breaths. You are doing so well. Even if you inhaled 3 packets of the chocolate, its in the past. Its behind you.
Please don't let this make you feel bad.
I am so grateful to you for starting this thread. You freed me from my own personal hell.
Its food...only food. a very neutral 'thing'
I'm sure from some of my posts you would have figured I have issues with food too.
Since I joined this thread, I know what matters is that, I am working on my weight, and doing the best I can, I feel so safe and nurtured that I am not expected to be perfect.
The same goes for you too. If only you know how much you empower some of us, with your confident, self assured posts.

The person you should pat on the back is the brilliant, dynamic young woman who knows what she should do and takes charge and does it. YOU
So bloody what you ate chocolate.
Big deal....Its headed down the u-bend any way.

There will be more chocolates, that's life. And that is the mind set that has liberated me.
I used to flagellate myself, for any deviation from my planned eating. Then I joined this group, and miraculously I felt safe enough to share.

I wish you can see how liberated I am, from the simple fact that you beautiful ladies here, do not judge, or make me feel less-than, for being imperfect.
Hon I have been craving digestive biscuits (cookies in American) I know I will inhale a whole packet at 389cals per 100g and there is 250g in a packet.
I know it will happen. I however have decided that I will no longer beat me up...I have had enough of that.

The person who expects perfection of any human is not fair.
My long winded convoluted point is..."sh*t" happens.
Dust yourself off.

I hope you enjoyed it...very very much, because I take issues with wasting Chocolate by the way...you better had enjoyed every delish morsel of that culinary heaven.,
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member
 
AmyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 650
Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Right there with you...I have also struggled with binging and purging. Have not purged in years but still have binge issues. When something tastes good it is a struggle to stop eating to this day. Low carb helps but I have to remind myself on a frequent basis that I am not on a diet, this is how I eat, and if I never lose another pound but remain healthy that I have succeeded. That came with age...

A key for me was accepting myself as I am RIGHT THIS SECOND and not giving two craps what anyone else thought of me. Hard to do! But until I did it I don't think I would have ever been successful with weight loss..and who knows, I might not be! And that's okay. I will keep on trying. Sounds very corny but it is very effective to tell yourself in the mirror OUT LOUD a couple times a day starting in the morning that you are awesome, smart, and beautiful. Do this enough and you start to believe it. I would NEVER allow a person to be emotionally abusive to me as I have been to myself so now I don't allow it. I have said to myself (in the mirror also...I am a dork...) that I will NOT allow abuse from ANYONE (give yourself the stink-eye when you do this so you know you are serious!). Hugs to all..there...I mom'd you.

Speaking of binging...I made fat bombs yesterday..maybe went a LIL overboard with stuffing them in my face. Up a pound this morning!! lol! Oh well...learning experience and I shall keep on keeping on!!
__________________
-Amy
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member
 
AmyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 650
Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Oh and Mariah...I live close enough (Eau Claire!!) that I can drive over there and give Mariah the stink-eye for being mean to Mariah....and I have a fierce stink-eye. I played roller derby...I'll take someone out.
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member
 
icaniwill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 214
Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Right there with you...I have also struggled with binging and purging. Have not purged in years but still have binge issues. When something tastes good it is a struggle to stop eating to this day. Low carb helps but I have to remind myself on a frequent basis that I am not on a diet, this is how I eat, and if I never lose another pound but remain healthy that I have succeeded. That came with age...

A key for me was accepting myself as I am RIGHT THIS SECOND and not giving two craps what anyone else thought of me. Hard to do! But until I did it I don't think I would have ever been successful with weight loss..and who knows, I might not be! And that's okay. I will keep on trying. Sounds very corny but it is very effective to tell yourself in the mirror OUT LOUD a couple times a day starting in the morning that you are awesome, smart, and beautiful. Do this enough and you start to believe it. I would NEVER allow a person to be emotionally abusive to me as I have been to myself so now I don't allow it. I have said to myself (in the mirror also...I am a dork...) that I will NOT allow abuse from ANYONE (give yourself the stink-eye when you do this so you know you are serious!). Hugs to all..there...I mom'd you.

Speaking of binging...I made fat bombs yesterday..maybe went a LIL overboard with stuffing them in my face. Up a pound this morning!! lol! Oh well...learning experience and I shall keep on keeping on!!
Amy what are these fat bombs?
Since I have no control over any sugar/fat/combo within eating distance...I am going to start baking some of the low carb stuff, which recipes I see posted on this site.
who knows, salvation may be at hand for me.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member
 
AmyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 650
Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
I made mine with coconut oil, coconut butter (you can use any nut butter), cocoa, and sweetener. Melt everything together then pour into muffin cups and freeze. Tasty! I will not be making them again anytime soon..just ate two more.

I have to stay away from the low carb baking because I have very little ability to stop eating sweet things! I think I need to stick with my flax muffins and chia pudding..but not every night. I have no control so I control what I can!
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member
 
icaniwill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 214
Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
I made mine with coconut oil, coconut butter (you can use any nut butter), cocoa, and sweetener. Melt everything together then pour into muffin cups and freeze. Tasty! I will not be making them again anytime soon..just ate two more.

I have to stay away from the low carb baking because I have very little ability to stop eating sweet things! I think I need to stick with my flax muffins and chia pudding..but not every night. I have no control so I control what I can!
That's me for you. I just cant stop myself from just having large quantities and I know I don't do sensible portions.
I have been good with the protein shakes.
I add either of the 3 thickeners I have to them.( I use either Glucomannan, Xanthan gum or guar gum.) I also flavour them with flavour essence. I add either coconut, chocolate, or mixed essence (almond, vanilla, and marzipan..my favourite) I also have them warm, so they are like a smooth thick warm comfort drink. . They come out thick and really good.
In the evening I make soup with the soya protein. I use broth or stock cube, onions and ga ood pinch of chilli... I thicken too and its so filling.
I will definitely have these in my repertoire of meals when I am done with the weight loss phase. Probably for breakfast.
I love them.
My only problem is that I have not been to the loo in a week. I hope I do soon.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 02-27-2014 at 01:06 PM..
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member
 
AmyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 650
Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Eat way too many fat bombs and you won't have a loo problem...at least that has been my experience today...
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!
 
ladyboss7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,550
Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi ladies,

First off.....you ladies are AMAZING!! Seriously, I am so impressed with your honesty and your openness. I have never struggled with an eating disorder, and my heart goes out to each of you for the battles you have been fighting.

Mariah, I echo everything that the others have said. First of all, you are GORGEOUS!!! You are smart, funny, and very intelligent.....regardless of the what the scale says. You are absolutely right to focus on your health and losing weight will help improve A LOT of things.....but it could never improve YOU because you're already AWESOME! And Rob was right, wasting good chocolate is a crime, I dope it was at least GOOD chocolate!

Lea, health over feelings.....I like that, what excellent advice!!!! You are absolutely right that it's so important to have a good counter response ready for those highly charged moments.....because those moments WILL happen!! That's the way life is, so being prepared with a game plan in mind for how to cope with those moments is critical to long term success.

LaVella, You are such an inspiration! You really are, you have come so far and to recognize the tendency to obsess is a tremendous lesson. You are doing great and I know that you have it in you to succeed! Please celebrate your successes....you have a lot of them....no cheating is a BIG one!! You need to celebrate the things you are eating and recognize and celebrate the good choices you are making in those foods.....don't feel guilty, you have nothing to feel guilty about!!

Rob, your response to Mariah echoed everything I was thinking!! I think you rock and I am SO GLAD you are part of our group!! And I agree that wasting chocolate is a sin!! BTW, fat bombs are AWESOME.....there are tons of recipes for them. They are usually sweet treats comprised almost entirely of healthy fats (coconut oil, nut butters, etc) and they serve a couple of purposes....they help keep your fat macros high without elevating your carb or protein macros, and they also will help keep a wicked sweet tooth under control. I find that I lose best when I keep my fat ratios around 75 - 80% daily, and fat bombs totally help me do that.

Amy, you're awesome!!!! I think your self talk is not silly at all.....I think it's EXACTLY what we all need to work on!!! It's not easy to look in the mirror and recognize that we've gained weight and we're in the position we're in.....there's A LOT of opportunity for negative thoughts and talk to poison our minds.....and if WE can't learn to respect and love who we are then how can we expect anyone else too??? I love the stink eye threat!!! I have a fierce stink eye too......my kids call it "The look" but they've also been telling me for years that they are finally immune to "the look" so I need to give it up!

Well ladies, I for one think that each and every one of you is spectacularly, beautifully, AMAZING and I am VERY PROUD to count each of you as my friend!!

Today has been a little trying......I had to have oral surgery this morning. I've had a tooth that has just been a problem for over 15 years (NOT KIDDING) and I've had so many dentists over the years just REFUSE to extract it.....it just got to where it was no longer salvageable.....so I finally found a dentist who took one look at it and said "well this is ridiculous, this thing has to go!!" I must confess they did a fabulous job, very quick and relatively pain free. I've been sleepy all day, but no real pain. I took the day off of work because I really didn't know what to expect.....and I'm glad I did, it's been nice to just chill out. I haven't really been able to eat solid foods though, so I figured this was a perfect day for a fat fast.....what the heck right?!?!

Well ladies, I hope everyone is having a great day.....Happy Friday Eve!!!
__________________
Tammy

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mad4Chillas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,685
Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
You girls are truly the best. I cannot thank you all enough for the kind words. It really means a lot to me, and definitely cheered me up
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member
 
hope2bthin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 100
Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
I'm having the worst day ever. Woke up to find I used too much retin a and it gave me wrinkles. Praying they go away. I mean a lot of wrinkles around my whole eyes. Then changed to go to gym and I've been working so hard. Eating good and it looks like I am heavier. There is no question in my mind I am heavier. What the heck?

Last edited by hope2bthin; 02-28-2014 at 09:07 AM..
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!
 
ladyboss7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,550
Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
You girls are truly the best. I cannot thank you all enough for the kind words. It really means a lot to me, and definitely cheered me up
We love you chickadee....don't forget that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
I'm having the worst day ever. Woke up to find I used too much retin a and it gave me wrinkles. Praying they go away. I mean a lot of wrinkles around my whole eyes. Then changed to go to gym and I've been working so hard. Eating good and it looks like I am heavier. There is no question in my mind I am heavier. What the heck?
Lea, My daughter was a licensed esthetician when she lived in AZ, and I asked her about the retin A....she said don't panic, it's just dehydration. She also said NEVER put retin A around your eyes, the skin there is far to delicate for that. She recommended that you look for an eye cream with Vit. K in it, or get some liquid vit. K and dab that around your eyes each morning and then at night before bed dab a little Coconut oil around your eyes. She said those two things will really hydrate the area and you'll see the skin soften and relax. I have to say, she got me on a routine very similar to that and I am AMAZED at how much better my skin looks....I swear by the coconut oil around the eyes!!! If you feel heavier, it's probably just water retention. I seriously doubt that you've consumed enough calories to gain weight....And, if you're working out at the gym your muscles will retain fluids too.....maybe drink more water and focus on your electrolytes to help flush things out!!!

Well ladies, I'm back to work today. I must admit that the Oral Surgeon did a GREAT job on this tooth and I feel really good! I'm still on soft foods for a couple of days though....so I guess I'll just keep fat fasting until I'm ready to transition back to solid foods....what the heck, may as well take advantage of the situation!

How's everyone else doing??
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member
 
hope2bthin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 100
Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post



Lea, My daughter was a licensed esthetician when she lived in AZ, and I asked her about the retin A....she said don't panic, it's just dehydration. She also said NEVER put retin A around your eyes, the skin there is far to delicate for that. She recommended that you look for an eye cream with Vit. K in it, or get some liquid vit. K and dab that around your eyes each morning and then at night before bed dab a little Coconut oil around your eyes. She said those two things will really hydrate the area and you'll see the skin soften and relax. I have to say, she got me on a routine very similar to that and I am AMAZED at how much better my skin looks....I swear by the coconut oil around the eyes!!! If you feel heavier, it's probably just water retention. I seriously doubt that you've consumed enough calories to gain weight....And, if you're working out at the gym your muscles will retain fluids too.....maybe drink more water and focus on your electrolytes to help flush things out!!!
thank you so, so much for the skin care treatment, i will start asap. as for looking heavier, I decided to get mad instead of be depressed. worked out really hard at the gym. I'm also trying to practice what I preach to everyone and stay level headed and positive....the weight will come off, there is no hurry. If i am doing something wrong, I will correct it. I will transform my body! There is no need to be down. i love me no matter what i look like.

so glad that your oral surgery recovery is going well. you sound like my clone. i have 2 wisdom teeth that i've been told should be removed. one was actually filed down and the tooth is sinking into my gum i have a hole where this is happening. but i have only some discomfort from the teeth and i just don't want my teeth removed. it's been going on 5 yrs now.
take it easy and enjoy the rest I'm sure you need.
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mad4Chillas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,685
Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Happy Friday Beautiful Girls

Hope everyone is having a nice Friday. Mine kind of flew by, and now Im just vegging out watching some Netflix and having some Beef & Broccoli. Still feeling a little down but better than earlier this week. Trying to get back into routine. Pretty proud of us all now that our 3 weeks is approaching, keep up the good work!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member
 
AmyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 650
Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Well...I am just hoping for not a gain this week! Carbs have been low but I think I have overdone the fat bombs. Have to wait and see, I guess...

Hope everyone else is doing good!
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member
 
icaniwill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 214
Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
It is easily the most beautiful day this year.
The weather is mild and the sun is shinning ...such joy.
I have tried on over a hundred dresses and suits today.
I know that in a few weeks my size 8's will fit perfectly.

Wow...as much as I know that nature rewards action, I never knew that a day will come when those clothes will fit.

I really don't know how to feel.
Forever, I have bought clothes in smaller sizes to motivate me to lose weight. Now its happening, I just don't know how to feel about it.
One of the size 4, fitted tops amazed me. 10lbs less I know it will fit perfectly...its straining around the bust.
I am dazed. Totally dazed.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member
 
hope2bthin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 100
Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Well everyone is doing so well. I feel I shouldn't even post this. But honesty is the best policy. Yesterday I was really tired and I think hungry. I also had worked out like a mad woman. Didn't really fell hungry just kind of weak. So I had planned to eat a little more shrimp and chicken. Well that little more lead to more and more. I I don't even want to list what i ate but i guess i should. from what i remember: chicken skin from whole chicken, almond butter 1/2 jar, coconut manna 1/2 jar, can of mixed nuts with almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, 3 glasses coconut milk with walden farms strawberry syrup, 1 josephs low carb pita with cream cheese, a bowl with 6 tablespoons of flax and coconut milk and one kashi oatmeal raisan cookie with apple butter that has no added sugar. It was definitely a binge and I need to figure out why I did it. I'll be thinking about it this weekend. I'm very disappointed in myself and I'm sorry for letting our group down. I plan to eat very little sat and sun. Definitely scared to weigh in Monday. I probably lost a week of time. If not more if a weight gain happens. Losing a week of time or more than a week Really bothers me. Looks like I'm falling back into a restrict binge pattern. But I'm not going to. Monday morning after weigh in I will have figured out why this happened and make provisions for it to not happen again for the next 9 weeks. After that hopefully, it will also be easier for me to avoid and cope with this problem I have. I think a big thing for me is I see everything as black and white and don't give myself treats In my menu plan. Well it's still confusing to me. I have a lot to think of this weekend. Surprisingly I am still in ketosis with small amount of ketones. Thank goodness. But I don't deserve it. Make yourself proud and don't do what I did. It's not worth it.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-01-2014 at 12:25 PM..
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member
 
icaniwill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 214
Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
Well everyone is doing so well. I feel I shouldn't even post this. But honesty is the best policy. Yesterday I was really tired and I think hungry. I also had worked out like a mad woman. Didn't really fell hungry just kind of weak. So I had planned to eat a little more shrimp and chicken. Well that little more lead to more and more. I I don't even want to list what i ate but i guess i should. from what i remember: chicken skin from whole chicken, almond butter 1/2 jar, coconut manna 1/2 jar, can of mixed nuts with almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, 3 glasses coconut milk with walden farms strawberry syrup, 1 josephs low carb pita with cream cheese, a bowl with 6 tablespoons of flax and coconut milk and one kashi oatmeal raisan cookie with apple butter that has no added sugar. It was definitely a binge and I need to figure out why I did it. I'll be thinking about it this weekend. I'm very disappointed in myself and I'm sorry for letting our group down. I plan to eat very little sat and sun. Definitely scared to weigh in Monday. I probably lost a week of time. If not more if a weight gain happens. Losing a week of time or more than a week Really bothers me. Looks like I'm falling back into a restrict binge pattern. But I'm not going to. Monday morning after weigh in I will have figured out why this happened and make provisions for it to not happen again for the next 9 weeks. After that hopefully, it will also be easier for me to avoid and cope with this problem I have. I think a big thing for me is I see everything as black and white and don't give myself treats In my menu plan. Well it's still confusing to me. I have a lot to think of this weekend. Surprisingly I am still in ketosis with small amount of ketones. Thank goodness. But I don't deserve it. Make yourself proud and don't do what I did. It's not worth it.
Hon I ate too..but I'm not dwelling on that. Instead what I did was go and drag out cases and cases of what I call my 'one day they will fit' clothes, spent time trying them on, and choosing which ones are ready for now.
H2BT..I am rushing off for my walk and when I come back, I will read all of your post. Pls stop beating yourself up. I ate but after reading here and promising myself that I won't ever 'awfulize' my eating again, I now file it under 'can do better-will do better'
I will list what I ate with all the calories when I get back see ya
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!
 
ladyboss7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,550
Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Happy Saturday ladies!

Mariah, this is a perfect weekend for getting back on track and regaining your focus, you can do it!!!!

Amy, If your carbs were in line the fat bombs may not have done as much damage as you suspect.....but I guess you'll know Monday when you weight!! Drink lots of water to flush your system, I'll bet you do just fine!!

Rob, way to go girl!!! I DREAM of being back in a size 8!! You rock! How are the protein shakes going??

Lea, Ok, time to pick yourself up and pull up your big girl pants and get back on track!! Ok, you screwed up......BUT....you are still in ketosis......because you ate LEGAL things.....that's a much better screw up than the alternative!!! Learn what you can from this, but MOVE ON.....you're making progress and you ARE headed in the right direction. None of us are perfect, and you are among friends here. We love you and we're ALL going to help each other get through this journey.

Well it's noon here on the coast, we've been pummeled non-stop yesterday and today with torrential rain.....which we desperately need.....but it makes for a nice lazy weekend! I'll head to trader joes shortly and grab a few groceries and just chill out and watch movies today!!

Have a super fabulous weekend everyone!!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member
 
icaniwill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 214
Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Happy Saturday ladies!

Mariah, this is a perfect weekend for getting back on track and regaining your focus, you can do it!!!!

Amy, If your carbs were in line the fat bombs may not have done as much damage as you suspect.....but I guess you'll know Monday when you weight!! Drink lots of water to flush your system, I'll bet you do just fine!!

Rob, way to go girl!!! I DREAM of being back in a size 8!! You rock! How are the protein shakes going??

Lea, Ok, time to pick yourself up and pull up your big girl pants and get back on track!! Ok, you screwed up......BUT....you are still in ketosis......because you ate LEGAL things.....that's a much better screw up than the alternative!!! Learn what you can from this, but MOVE ON.....you're making progress and you ARE headed in the right direction. None of us are perfect, and you are among friends here. We love you and we're ALL going to help each other get through this journey.

Well it's noon here on the coast, we've been pummeled non-stop yesterday and today with torrential rain.....which we desperately need.....but it makes for a nice lazy weekend! I'll head to trader joes shortly and grab a few groceries and just chill out and watch movies today!!Have a super fabulous weekend everyone!!
Its nice to see that the dentist' visit is well and truly behind you now.
Its 9:57PM here now
Its great you have rain. I hope the parts of the state experiencing drought will get some too.
The global weather pattern is really schizoid, especially since this year.
Thanks, 'bout the size 8s, even I can't believe its finally happening. I have almost lost hope that I would one day pull it off.
You are almost there. With your usual consistency and highly motivated approach to your eating, its any day now.
You guys have been such great motivation for me. Now I know I can and will get to goal.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mad4Chillas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 2,685
Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
It is easily the most beautiful day this year.
The weather is mild and the sun is shinning ...such joy.
I have tried on over a hundred dresses and suits today.
I know that in a few weeks my size 8's will fit perfectly.

Wow...as much as I know that nature rewards action, I never knew that a day will come when those clothes will fit.

I really don't know how to feel.
Forever, I have bought clothes in smaller sizes to motivate me to lose weight. Now its happening, I just don't know how to feel about it.
One of the size 4, fitted tops amazed me. 10lbs less I know it will fit perfectly...its straining around the bust.
I am dazed. Totally dazed.
I love your optimism Rob and really enjoyed your post. I think part of my mood problem is the constant state of winter doldrums the Midwest is experiencing. Blah! That's so awesome about your clothes. You are going to be even more fabulous by the end of this challenge!


Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
Well everyone is doing so well. I feel I shouldn't even post this. But honesty is the best policy. Yesterday I was really tired and I think hungry. I also had worked out like a mad woman. Didn't really fell hungry just kind of weak. So I had planned to eat a little more shrimp and chicken. Well that little more lead to more and more. I I don't even want to list what i ate but i guess i should. from what i remember: chicken skin from whole chicken, almond butter 1/2 jar, coconut manna 1/2 jar, can of mixed nuts with almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, 3 glasses coconut milk with walden farms strawberry syrup, 1 josephs low carb pita with cream cheese, a bowl with 6 tablespoons of flax and coconut milk and one kashi oatmeal raisan cookie with apple butter that has no added sugar. It was definitely a binge and I need to figure out why I did it. I'll be thinking about it this weekend. I'm very disappointed in myself and I'm sorry for letting our group down. I plan to eat very little sat and sun. Definitely scared to weigh in Monday. I probably lost a week of time. If not more if a weight gain happens. Losing a week of time or more than a week Really bothers me. Looks like I'm falling back into a restrict binge pattern. But I'm not going to. Monday morning after weigh in I will have figured out why this happened and make provisions for it to not happen again for the next 9 weeks. After that hopefully, it will also be easier for me to avoid and cope with this problem I have. I think a big thing for me is I see everything as black and white and don't give myself treats In my menu plan. Well it's still confusing to me. I have a lot to think of this weekend. Surprisingly I am still in ketosis with small amount of ketones. Thank goodness. But I don't deserve it. Make yourself proud and don't do what I did. It's not worth it.
Oh Lea! I think we are both having an off week, its okay though lady we are still here and still be accountable with our actions which is a HUGE deal! Its my wish to be down #5 this week but in all reality I will be lucky if I have maintained. I think its natural to have a feast or famine attitude and I fall victim to it quite freqently, you're not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Happy Saturday ladies!

Mariah, this is a perfect weekend for getting back on track and regaining your focus, you can do it!!!!

Amy, If your carbs were in line the fat bombs may not have done as much damage as you suspect.....but I guess you'll know Monday when you weight!! Drink lots of water to flush your system, I'll bet you do just fine!!

Rob, way to go girl!!! I DREAM of being back in a size 8!! You rock! How are the protein shakes going??

Lea, Ok, time to pick yourself up and pull up your big girl pants and get back on track!! Ok, you screwed up......BUT....you are still in ketosis......because you ate LEGAL things.....that's a much better screw up than the alternative!!! Learn what you can from this, but MOVE ON.....you're making progress and you ARE headed in the right direction. None of us are perfect, and you are among friends here. We love you and we're ALL going to help each other get through this journey.

Well it's noon here on the coast, we've been pummeled non-stop yesterday and today with torrential rain.....which we desperately need.....but it makes for a nice lazy weekend! I'll head to trader joes shortly and grab a few groceries and just chill out and watch movies today!!

Have a super fabulous weekend everyone!!
Your responses are perfect to the 'T'---you are a wonderful lady, I hope you have a great weekend as well!
__________________
Nothing Tastes as Good as Being Healthy & Fit Feels
BMI Goals: G1-28.5 G2-27.4, G3-24.9, G4-23.5, G5-21.9, G6-20.4, G7-19.6
"Let Food Be Thy Medicine"-Hippocrates
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member
 
AmyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 650
Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bthin View Post
I'm sorry for letting our group down.
Bah!! You didn't let any one down...things happen! I often get very hungry after hard workouts and the eating is hard to control..

Rob - size 8!!! I will never wear a size 8!! Good for you!


Well I don't have much hope for not having a gain this week. Seems to be an off week. I've been so tired lately and yesterday I ate off plan (pizza and ice cream). Needless to say I gained seven pounds over night. So pushing the water today to get some of the water off...because it has got to be impossible to gain seven pounds of actual weight, right??? Here's to hoping for a better week next week..
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member
 
icaniwill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 214
Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Bah!! You didn't let any one down...things happen! I often get very hungry after hard workouts and the eating is hard to control..

Rob - size 8!!! I will never wear a size 8!! Good for you!


Well I don't have much hope for not having a gain this week. Seems to be an off week. I've been so tired lately and yesterday I ate off plan (pizza and ice cream). Needless to say I gained seven pounds over night. So pushing the water today to get some of the water off...because it has got to be impossible to gain seven pounds of actual weight, right??? Here's to hoping for a better week next week..
Hello Ladies...I hope you are having a nice Sunday.
I am having a very lazy one. I have been on my tush since I came back from my walk.

Before I knew that eating carbs, causes fluid retention if one has been low carbing, I used to wreck my effort by throwing in the towel once I saw gains like you just posted.

I've since learnt that for every 1gram of carb eaten if one has been low carbing, it holds unto 4grams of water .
Despair thee not. With the sodium and carb in that ice cream and pizza...just 7lbs is minor. Its not fat...you would have needed to have eaten 24,500 calories to gain 7lbs of fat. Its water weight and will most certainly be gone in a day or so.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 03-02-2014 at 09:45 AM..
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!
 
ladyboss7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,550
Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning lovelies!!!

Amy, what Rob said is spot on perfect......you're cool, just drink lots of water and flush it out!!!

Rob, excellent advice, very well stated!!!

How's everyone else doing this morning? Today starts a brand new fresh week.....last weeks mistakes and failings are in the past!!

It's still gray, cloudy and cold here today but at least it's not pouring buckets the way it was the last few days.

How's everyone else doing?
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member
 
AmyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 650
Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
The fun part of gaining 7lbs overnight was telling my naturally thin bff that I gained 7lbs overnight...I don't think she completely believed me! lol! It will come off....keeping carbs low today and I somewhat feel better. I think I occasionally need to eat pizza and ice cream. Just need to stretch out the the occasions a little more!
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member
 
hope2bthin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 100
Gallery: hope2bthin
Stats: 5'7" 201.8/146/138
WOE: Atkins Main. +high protein+cal. deficit 4 wt loss
Start Date: 1/8/2012
Hi everyone :-)
I want to thank you for all the support this week. Without you I would have fallen into a pit of despair. Instead because of you I picked myself up and continued. I have written a list of things I need to do in order to succeed each week without cheating. I intend to post it tomorrow or the next day. This is not to preclude the occasional cheat but I want to plan them, portion them and enjoy them rather than do something sporadic that feels like a loss of control. Maybe I'll start calling it a treat and not a cheat. LoL. Well, I'm still far from finding harmony with these things but I'm glad I'm working through my issues. The other issue for me is mirrors and feeling like I'm gaining weight. I just need to not look in the mirror at my problem areas. Makes me sad and that makes me eat. So I'm just not going to look. The other big obstacle is how I am not losing inches. My jeans fit same way as 3 weeks ago. If not a tad tighter in thighs. So that really makes me want to go off plan. There is just no explanation for it. So I have to have really strong faith that the plan will work for me. What if it doesn't? So I'm going to start posting my daily menu. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I love eating low carb. Wish I was seeing results.

Tammy- so glad the torrential rains have stopped. Cali sure gets hit hard when it rains. I can't imagine living with mudslides.

Rob- i love the try on cloths idea. Despite my lack of progress, I'm envisioning myself wearing my sexier, smaller sizes. I love your positive attitude. Congrats on size 8 . You must look amazing.

Mariah- we are definitely having an off week. But our new beginning is just a day away.

Amy - 7 pounds overnight. Well done. It will come off. It's water weight. Have you ever read about the cyclic ketogenic diet? Bodybuilders do it. Going out of ketosis once or 2x a week they say speeds the metabolism. So you certainly are losing weight despite the water retention. Read up on it. Keep doing what your doing. Size 8 is possible. Never say never.

I love you all. Have a wonderful night.
I watched some of the oscars and now I'm going to watch the walking dead- My favorite show.

May we all be happy with our weigh ins tomorrow and grow stronger with each day we follow a healthy lifestyle.

Last edited by hope2bthin; 03-02-2014 at 08:30 PM..
hope2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member
 
Sammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 822
Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Names..................2/10................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy ..........134.5............131.5 ..............131
AmyP .................257................254........... .....251
Cajungirl200 .......226.2.............228.0 .............226.0
HippyGyspyKaren 260.2..............257.2
Hope2BeThin ........................................... .....149.2
IcanIwill1............154.................151..... ..........147.8
imgonadoit- ........153.4..............151.2
Ladyboss7 ...........223................220.8 ...........219.0
Mad4Chillas .........220................213.4............211.1
Mcchimento.........244.8..............242.8 ............241.0
Sammi .............. 221..................217.8............215......... ..216.2
Vella Marie .........314.4...............311.4
Wziswife*-..........165..................162. 4

I had a terrible week. Just have to dust myself off and start fresh this morning. It is not the end of the world because I went off course. Everyday is a new day and at least we are all doing our best and working at it. I love reading all your posts. You are all such an inspiration!

I tried fixing the chart so we can fit everything in. I hope this is okay. Keeping it simple makes it so much easier. If there are any mistakes please just fill it in. Thank you Ladies .
__________________
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member
 
icaniwill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 214
Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
146lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
"......Just have to dust myself off and start fresh this morning. It is not the end of the world because I went off course. Everyday is a new day and at least we are all doing our best and working at it....."
Good day ladies...here's wishing us all a great week. And thank you all for being here for me, I did not do so well weight wise, but I shall not despair. I look back and say..."I can and will do better

Thank you so much Sammi for what you wrote above.
I so totally endorse, accept and agree with you.
I am done with beating me up...no way again.
I typed a decent post and accidentally hit the esc key ....guess what. It vamoosed.

Thanks to the supportive philosophy on this thread,about how to handle the emotional fall out from eating off plan. I endorse and have whole heartedly accepted the way of thinking that kindly and gently 'notes' and 'examines' the eating off plan situation, and decided what to do next time.
I decided I shall no longer beat me up for eating or going off plan. That's why I used the weekend to positively reinforce that, despite my many detours, and deviations, and going completely off map even, I am inching gradually toward my weight loss goal.

I tried on clothes, and I felt better about the whole situation.
on the 30th of June 2013 (24hrs before I started my journey on the 1st of July) I could not have dreamt I would get one arm or leg into those clothes, let alone dream of putting them on.
So on one level at least...I am doing something right.

Rome was not built in a day. As I lose the weight, and continue to inch my way toward my dream of being a healthy weight, I also accept that, I have a weight problem in the first place because I have issues with over eating, impulsive eating, eating to address non hunger issues, eating for Joy...eating for Sadness...heck eating for no reason at all even....the list is endless.
I also acknowledge that, I am working on me with love, kindness and compassion, and I will not beat, berate, or invalidate myself because I did not stick to plan.

As at today, I am 146lbs.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 03-03-2014 at 06:24 AM..
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member
 
Sammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 822
Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
I love your post Rob, I agree with everything, we are only human and bound to make slip ups. It doesn't matter why we slip, as long as we have the determination to keep trying and never giving up even if it means going back to the beginning . We must have HOPE.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:56 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member
 
Sammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 822
Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Names..................2/10................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy ..........134.5............131.5 ..............131
AmyP .................257................254........... .....251
Cajungirl200 .......226.2.............228.0 .............226.0
HippyGyspyKaren 260.2..............257.2
Hope2BeThin ........................................... .....149.2
IcanIwill1............154.................151..... ..........147.8.........146
imgonadoit- ........153.4..............151.2
Ladyboss7 ...........223................220.8 ...........219.0
Mad4Chillas .........220................213.4............211.1
Mcchimento.........244.8..............242.8 ............241.0
Sammi .............. 221..................217.8............215......... ..216.2
Vella Marie .........314.4...............311.4
Wziswife*-..........165..................162. 4

Rob I am so proud of you!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member
 
AmyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 650
Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Names..................2/10................2/17............2/24...........3/03...........3/10

A’smommy ..........134.5............131.5 ..............131
AmyP .................257................254........... .....251............254
Cajungirl200 .......226.2.............228.0 .............226.0
HippyGyspyKaren 260.2..............257.2
Hope2BeThin ........................................... .....149.2
IcanIwill1............154.................151..... ..........147.8.........146
imgonadoit- ........153.4..............151.2
Ladyboss7 ...........223................220.8 ...........219.0
Mad4Chillas .........220................213.4............211.1
Mcchimento.........244.8..............242.8 ............241.0
Sammi .............. 221..................217.8............215......... ..216.2
Vella Marie .........314.4...............311.4
Wziswife*-..........165..................162. 4


BAH!!!! Gain of +3!! Well...I knew THAT was coming! Working through the "dang it, right back where you started" feelings this morning, even though it is NOT right back where I started. I just want to be out of the 250's. I may feel accomplished then. I suppose I need to work on feeling accomplished now since I am doing something. If I wasn't trying I would be a lot bigger. A lot!

So off to a new week..I want to have a big number this week since I still have some pizza water to get off. Should be do-able. Might be a little harder because I have my brother visiting through Thursday and my Aunt visiting Fri through Monday. Oh well...they could both stand to go on a mini low carb diet with me.
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.