Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
Nice losses ladies! I am down 2lbs, but not really counting the whole 2 pounds as a loss because I was up yesterday, after being a lower weight on Sunday.

My protein cals came in at about 600 which allowed for 1/2 cup full fat yogurt. I didn't count carbs, all I had was a few cucumber slices and some cabbage, so I know I was good there. Also allowed about 1tbl s/f pudding in the yogurt and counted the cals in lite cream in my coffee towards the protein. How's that for my own way

The hcg 2.0 book is pretty good he says we can have mct oil and not count it towards our calories. I am counting it and added a 1/2 tbl. of that to my breakfast today.

Lemon
My hcg (hormone free) is called HCG solutions mint flavored disgusting stuff! I was starving all day yesterday until after dinner and my first ever dose of the pellets, so I will stay with the pellets for now.

I am brimming with energy today, but am a little edgy and impatient with my family. Have already walked 2 miles and did some arm/bridges and ab workouts.

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-08-2014 at 09:44 AM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hey I was up three from the weekend. I'm still counting my 2.1 loss

So did you get the 2.0 book?

Is MCT oil the same as coconut oil?
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

The oils are different but there is mct in coconut oil. I have read that mcts help us get into ketosis quickly and provide quick energy. I have both oils but prefer the mct as it is tasteless. I am not crazy about the taste of coconut, unless it's an almond joy bar

I did get the kindle version of the book. I can't compare it as this is my first time doing hhcg but I like his style and like that he allows the veggies and mct oil w/o counting. Also like that he says if you have a bad day not to give up. Also says if you get really hungry to go ahead and eat some extra protein or make a chicken broth eggdrop soup. The book has made me feel a bit more relaxed about the whole diet. Of course we aren't really doing that program, but I could see myself doing it his way at some point if needed.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
How's everyone doing? I'm okay, but I'm finding that I have that "mental hunger" today...not really physically hungry after my turkey wrap for lunch, but I just want to snack on something!! I blame TOM, but I WILL NOT slip up. I put some strawberry slices in my water (along with the lemon) and that seems to be helping a little. I think I may have another cup of coffee this afternoon too...and maybe add some of my sugar-free hazelnut syrup and a little bit of coconut milk.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually after reading the thread, when you mentioned it, I got pretty excited about it and have been following the concepts that I picked up and I really like it. And then when you mentioned the MCT oil I started thinking maybe I ought to get the book. Now with what you just said Iím sure of it. It sounds way more like ďour wayĒ and doable than protocol by leaps and bounds. I have a kindle app on my IPhone; do you like the Kindle app? I honestly havenít used it much.

Where do you get MCT oil? Is there anything special to look for?

Howís your hunger today? Mine is better.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonmama View Post
How's everyone doing? I'm okay, but I'm finding that I have that "mental hunger" today...not really physically hungry after my turkey wrap for lunch, but I just want to snack on something!! I blame TOM, but I WILL NOT slip up. I put some strawberry slices in my water (along with the lemon) and that seems to be helping a little. I think I may have another cup of coffee this afternoon too...and maybe add some of my sugar-free hazelnut syrup and a little bit of coconut milk.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
I'm doing better today with hunger. Not sure if it's that I'm just getting into it, I had two pieces of bacon and an egg for breakfast or HCG1234 vs. Pellets. I usually do pellets so

I think I'll make some SF jello for that mental hunger. I was sure wishing I had some yesterday night.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

I think I got the mct oil from netrition, it is a huge bottle and I have had it for what seems like ages now. I have just a plain old kindle that was given to me as a gift, it is okay but I prefer real books. I would never have bought a kindle on my own most likely. I woke up today very energetic and not hungry, now I am getting pretty hungry. I am trying to use the bulk of my remaining cals late evening that is my hungry time of day typically. Are you doing the 800 cals today.

Lemon are you cycling cals as well?

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-08-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay I picked up some Coconut/Palm oil that is clear, oil consistency that is 93% MCT. The solid coconut oil I have at home is only 64%. That should work donít you think? Iíll have to see how long it will take me to get the book tonight vs. an instant download. You know how it is when youíre ready for something.

Donít let yourself get too hungry. I almost did that last night. I think thatís why I had such a rough time.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

That oil sounds good. Get the book, I am dying to hear your thoughts on it!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Made it through dinner tonight (which Day 2 dinner is usually a big mess-up for me!). But I think I'm going to go to bed early to avoid any issues! Hoping for a friendly scale reading tomorrow! Hope you all are finishing Day 2 strong!!

Oh, and Jeannie, I just saw your question...YES, I am kind of cycling. Yesterday was 500, today is 700...I will probably even play around with going as high as 900 on weekends...we shall see!

Last edited by lemonmama; 04-08-2014 at 07:11 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
That oil sounds good. Get the book, I am dying to hear your thoughts on it!
Okay I really struggled on whether to wait for the book or go for the Kindle. There was another book DH wanted so I went for the book, I should have it Friday. Then at check out they gave me a free sample Kindle to start reading right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonmama View Post
Made it through dinner tonight (which Day 2 dinner is usually a big mess-up for me!). But I think I'm going to go to bed early to avoid any issues! Hoping for a friendly scale reading tomorrow! Hope you all are finishing Day 2 strong!!

Oh, and Jeannie, I just saw your question...YES, I am kind of cycling. Yesterday was 500, today is 700...I will probably even play around with going as high as 900 on weekends...we shall see!
Great job Lemon Way to go!! I think the idea of cycling over the weekend is helping me stay strong.

Today 548 calories/30ish carbs
Lift and Squat Routine
Arm Challenge
2/21
Old 04-09-2014, 06:21 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Down 4.5 more this morning. Crazy!!! So that brings my total VLCD 1 to VLCD 2 to -7.5. I must have been retaining a LOT of water. Whatever it was, I'll take it!

I was actually reading my Alternate Day Fasting book last night and thinking I should maybe take my calories even higher one or two days a week to avoid a metabolism slow down, but I'm not sure yet....

Since I started doing this thing in 2011 (or at least that is when I first discovered HCG), I have seen so many people do really well and then turn around and gain it all back, then say their metabolism has slowed down so much that they can't maintain even when they eat strict low-carb, low-cal, whatever. That always makes me a bit nervous, so I'm kind of wondering if this Alternate Day Fasting (not complete fasting, but with low calories) will help to avoid that. Because I love good food, my Food & Wine subscription and trying unique restaurants, I just can't imagine having to live life eating super low carb or low cal for the rest of my life, you know? But I can imagine doing a ADF type pattern. I'm fine with restriction, as long as it doesn't have to be every single day!

Anyway, that's my ramble! I definitely want to see my smaller jean size again, but I am feeling careful this time about not wanting to jack up my health or metabolism, so I may be playing around more with it than usual.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

*Oops, that should have read, my total from VLCD1 to VLCD 3 is -7.5!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo, Hoo Lemon! That's awesome!

I feel the same way about slowing metabolism and living the restricted life forever. I found very good results with alternating calories back in 2011 when I stalled out. I was going to just go up on weekends, but I think I'll bump up the calories today a bit. What are you thinking for up days?

I started reading the Kindle version of 2.0 last night. I just makes so much sense!

Only down .30 today. Kind of expected it. I upped my weights to 8# last night and felt puffy when I went to bed. Even so, normally that would have given me a bump, so I'll take it.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Woo, Hoo Lemon! That's awesome!

I feel the same way about slowing metabolism and living the restricted life forever. I found very good results with alternating calories back in 2011 when I stalled out. I was going to just go up on weekends, but I think I'll bump up the calories today a bit. What are you thinking for up days?

I started reading the Kindle version of 2.0 last night. I just makes so much sense!

Only down .30 today. Kind of expected it. I upped my weights to 8# last night and felt puffy when I went to bed. Even so, normally that would have given me a bump, so I'll take it.
Thanks, I'm happy to see the scale going down. It's making me feel much better about life. Ha!

For up days, I'm thinking that I will keep it primarily lower carb, but maybe allow for a little treat on the weekends (like some red wine and maybe a low/carb, low/sugar dessert). I typically do not eat a lot of gluten, but I do like to eat some carbs like oatmeal, nuts, nutbutter, Ez. bread. So I may play around with adding one thing like that per day on my updays. For example, I decided I would play around with going closer to 900 calories today, so this morning I had 2 Peanut Butter Energy Balls I made for the kids. They have PB, honey, oatmeal, flax, and a few chocolate chips. I only ate two small ones, but I think the rest of the day I will stick to lean protein and veggies....and maybe some hummus. I ended up having about 2 T. of hummus last night on my turkey wrap and it doesn't seem to have hurt my losses at all today, so I may have that from time to time. I LOVE hummus!!!

Way to go on the strength training! I'm not doing anything right now, but I know it definitely causes an uptick in the scale for me, but it is a GOOD thing because you are building muscle. Even better that you saw a loss!! I really, really need to get into a workout plan. That is the hardest thing for me for some reason!
Old 04-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Woo hoo go Lemon!!!

Down 1 lb today, which is a loss of 3lbs. Not too bad I suppose but was happy to already be able to wear a pair of jeans today that were too tight last week. They are still a bit snug but wearable for sure. Like lemon mentioned earlier the too loose clothes only make me less likely to admit my weight gain.

My day was totally kaput from the get go. I overslept and forgot my pellets, so no doses until after work and then I took the amino stuff instead of the pellets. Honestly though I felt less hungry today w/o the doses. I think that is probably due to the diet just getting easier....stomach shrinking? I came in at 850 cals today which doesn't include the celery and cabbage I ate.

I think what I going to do is up the cals to as much as 1000, while still going with lower days when I feel I am just not all that hungry. I know it is probably way to early to tweak most likely, but I am losing more slowly than I normally do and don't see the advantage of being vlc every day. I also have read that the aminos are great for stopping carb cravings so I think I will finish up the bottle and then go to pellets if need be.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I'm a little more kaput than you my friend. I got a real nice raise at work today and promptly picked up steak and wine for dinner and a cake pop for lunch. Iím already miserable after the cake pop since I was doing an up day to begin with. Weíll see how far I get with the steak. Grateful for what you said yesterday about 2.0 ďAlso like that he says if you have a bad day not to give upĒ otherwise I might have been in trouble. Now Iím just thinking about my perfect day tomorrow.

For some reason I seem to be doing better with the Aminos this time too. I donít know why, Iíve always had great success with the pellets.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep, perfection ain't gonna happen for me there will be not so good days, that's life. The important thing is we keep going and not give up because really what other choice do we really have if we want to be healthy and slim down. We have been at this long enough to know we can have some hiccups along the way but still reach our goals
Old 04-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Congrats, Terri, on the nice raise. Waaa HOO!!! Some celebrating definitely in order!

And good job, Jeanie on the loss!

I'm right there with you two...I took full advantage of my up day today. Ate more fat than I should....I didn't really count, but I'm guessing I was closer to 1200 calories, SO I probably will not weigh in the morning, but wait until Friday morning following tomorrow's Down Day.

I actually love how our little challenge group is so relaxed. I actually think I will keep plugging along, even if things aren't perfect each day!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Kind of crazy, but I was down another .4 after eating Ezekiel bread with real butter, oatmeal energy balls....and even a gluten free donut yesterday! I'm going for 500 today, and will decide what to do for the weekend when I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm thinking maybe 600-700 Friday, regular Up Day Saturday, and back down Sunday....

What are you two planning for today?

Thought I would go ahead and keep my tally here:

Day 1- 500
Day 2- 700 (-3)
Day 3- 1300 (-4.5)
Day 4- 500 (-.4)
Total Loss: -7.9
Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What can I tell ya? Down 1.1 Who'd have thought a plan that allows life might just work. We're doing it Ladies

Back to 500 today (not counting veggies)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

We are doing it Lemon and Terri, without undue stress love it!!!

Down .8 today and I too ate more yesterday

I am shooting for lower cal today, but am going to eat more protein if I feel like I am at risk of falling off plan altogether.

I feel better with more cals,I was finding that pushing the baby in the stroller up even a slight incline was harder than normal. What I am thinking is that first I will try more of the mct oil and see if that helps.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Good energy today. Vacuumed whole house, did laundry, walked 2 miles, arm workout and butt/bridges and ab workout, all by 11:00 am! I took the aminos this morning vs. the pellets. I was surprised to see sucrose listed on my pellets ingredient label, I am sure it is miniscule amounts but I can taste it.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I took the aminos this morning vs. the pellets. I was surprised to see sucrose listed on my pellets ingredient label, I am sure it is miniscule amounts but I can taste it.
It's that crazy? I wonder if it keeps carb cravings up? I never thought of that.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Oh wow, you two. All of these losses and we are living life and enjoying some food. Amazing! I'm so excited we decided to give it a whirl. I love not having that sense of dread I usually get with the beginning of a regular P2.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Also, I just have to add: Being able to eat low-carb tortillas with hummus (and lots of veggies) on VLCD is changing my life. I could eat that every single meal and be a happy camper!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Came in at about 850 cals today, proteins were chicken,bison and yogurt. I had 1/2 tbl of mct oil and safflower oil. A little cabbage with chicken broth and a few almond crackers. Took two doses of the aminos and am feeling very sated

Hope you two had a good day
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Came in at about 850 cals today, proteins were chicken,bison and yogurt. I had 1/2 tbl of mct oil and safflower oil. A little cabbage with chicken broth and a few almond crackers. Took two doses of the aminos and am feeling very sated

Hope you two had a good day
Sounds like you had a good day! I need to make some almond crackers. I love those!

I think I may have eaten a little too late tonight...and maybe a little too much. I kind of stopped tracking calories. I'm under this huge deadline with work, and I took my baby to kindergarten round-up today, and I hosted a party for a friend of mine tonight, so I'm just all over the place!!! I will probably skip weighing tomorrow and go for another down day (hopefully more down than today!) before letting loose just a touch this weekend.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not a bad day. 681 calories, not including veggies. The carbs were a bit high at 44. I had one of my stir-frys and then a P2 chili. But I didn't subtract fiber.

Going to work on another low day tomorrow. We're going to go to Virginia City for the weekend, so those will be my up days.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

I'm really surprised after all that I ate yesterday and my food choices that I'm down a little again... -.4. I'm going to go for a real down-day today, and then a real UP day for Saturday.

Terri, have a great weekend in Virginia City!