Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
I can be the guinea pig and do the calorie rotations with you without using the hcg. I NEED to get some control before I become type 2 like most of my family!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
I will check out that thread, Terri! You know, I love the idea of the calorie rotation too. I actually just purchased the book The Alternate Day Diet...similar to JUDDD. That's the one thing that I don't like about HCG...I sometimes worry it will slow my metabolism too much. And I LOVE food so I don't want to get to the point in which I can't eat anything without gaining a ton, you know what I mean?
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

lemon
Did you use rx or hhcg? I am skeptical of the supposed appetite suppressing effects because I know in the past while strict dieting that I would have natural appetite suppression after the first couple of days. It seems as least from what I have read about the hhcg is that is takes a few days for it to kick in??? I would/will buy it if it really is needed but am hesitant to waste any more money on books/supps at this point.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonmama View Post
I will check out that thread, Terri! You know, I love the idea of the calorie rotation too. I actually just purchased the book The Alternate Day Diet...similar to JUDDD. That's the one thing that I don't like about HCG...I sometimes worry it will slow my metabolism too much. And I LOVE food so I don't want to get to the point in which I can't eat anything without gaining a ton, you know what I mean?
You're singing my song! I read the Alternate Day Diet too, but too much ďoffĒ day as well as ďupĒ JUDDD days have been real hard for me to control. I've actually done some day to day alternating on HCG with good success. The key for me is to have a plan/limit. Iíve dieted so much in my life that my metabolism has a great diet memory, so sticking with one level is not very efficient for me.

The other thing I found appealing about HCG 2.0 is the higher protein to preserve lean muscle. I lost some back in 2011 and although I was at goal, I was a bit scrawny looking because of it.

And I agree, I really donít want to think of food as only fuel, I enjoy it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
lemon
Did you use rx or hhcg? I am skeptical of the supposed appetite suppressing effects because I know in the past while strict dieting that I would have natural appetite suppression after the first couple of days. It seems as least from what I have read about the hhcg is that is takes a few days for it to kick in??? I would/will buy it if it really is needed but am hesitant to waste any more money on books/supps at this point.
I really think HCG helps with hunger Jeanie, particularly on low calorie and particularly in the beginning. You do start it a couple days prior to dieting. But I find the appetite suppressant effect right away. The old, original protocol called for you to load with mega calories for those two days, but because of the appetite suppressant you really didnít want to or enjoy it. Most veterans now agree that loading is not beneficial if not downright counterproductive. Doing high fat low carb however was helpful.

Another supplement that I and others have found beneficial is HCG1234. They have Amino acids in them rather than actual HCG, but seem to work the same way. They might be a little cheaper.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

Have you made a decision Terri? I am sooo close to ordering the pellets. I really like the idea of cycling cals and choosing our own foods like you mentioned a few posts back vs. a strict regimen.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's your fault really You've gotten all excited about the HCG2.0. But that being said I still like the idea of cycling and doing it our way. I think Iím going to do both. (More towards ďour wayĒ) I have pellets and HCG1234 already so I could start as soon as Monday. But if youíre going to order some, Iíll wait until you get yours and we could start together.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

I had hoped to order from netrition but I can't find them. Intermountain facebook page suggested emaiing customer service for a coupon code for the pellets so I am hoping to order as soon as they get back to me. Do you remember how long it takes for the to ship?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Netrition doesn't carry them any more. I just go to the Intermountain site direct now. The last couple coupon codes they've sent me were for "packages" and other stuff like raspberry ketones. I think it took about a week-10 days if you don't expedite it, 2-3 days if you did.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Well that stinks on shipping times. I have the pellets in my cart but it did not have an expedited shipping option. Do you know if I can get the hcg1234 at a place like GNC or something? I want to get started NOW while I have the courage I have some braggs liquid aminos do you think that would work?
Old 04-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HCG1234 has a store locator on their site. Intermountain has expedited shipping at check out. Amazon has expedited shipping. Maybe do a search in your area for HCG. There are other brands that might be more available to you locally. But check the label and make sure they have actual HCG. HCG1234 is the only one without I know of that works. Too bad we don't live closer; I could share until you got yours.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Intermountain gave me a 10% discount, so I ordered ,every time I clicked on shipping options it defaulted back to free shipping. Oh well I'll keep looking a bit online for something locally

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-03-2014 at 03:39 PM..
Old 04-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

I am going to start tomorrow I found a product locally that looks comparable to the hcg1234.!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

I will start when you are ready Terri. I have no clue what I am doing without your guidance! The stuff I found has all the aminos in it, I tried to cancel my pellets order but it was too late. I guess when the pellets get here I will use them if needed.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When you said NOW, you meant it Okay, I'm with ya. Do you want to try the 600/900 cycle or 800/1200? Are you going to give it two days to get in your system or jump in right away?

How about you Lemon? You in?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How about we set up our plan tomorrow, start dosing Saturday, and start our cycle Monday? If that sounds good to you, read your instructions tonight, weíll get you set up on your dosing schedule. It will probably be three times a day. Because youíre not supposed to eat or drink 15 minute before or after, it worked best for me to do it right when I got up, then shower, about 1:30 in the afternoon so it wouldnít run into lunch and before I went to bed. Give your own schedule some thought. I try to do low carb while loading. I donít believe in gaining a bunch just to try and lose it the first week. It feels like throwing the first week away and thatís when youíll get your best loses. Although with our cycling, hopefully that will keep it from slowing down as much. Think about how you want to eat while cycling, low fat, low carb, whatever within calorie limits, etc. Weíll make our guidelines and go for it. Catch you tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:56 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

thanks Terri. I have to run ,but I'll read your thoughts more carefully and post later today.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So what Iím thinking is starting with the 2.0 guide lines for the most part. I calculated my calories using their formula and came up with 528 calories per day. Given the fact that you donít count low carb veggies beyond keeping them below 30 carbs per day, that sounds like a real solid plan. So I think starting with the 600/800 cycle this week sounds doable. Or shall we say 528/728 not counting veggies? Hereís the formula it you want it.

Height(inches) x 4.7 = A
Weight multiplied by 4.35 = B
Age multiplied by 4.7= C

A + B - C +655 = Your BMR
Your BMR x 0.40 = your calories allowed on low calorie diet

As far as exercise goals this week:
Continue with the 30 day arm challenge
Lift/Squat x 3
Power walk x 3

What do you think?
Old 04-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

My hcg amino stuff had no real info included except that it referred me to the Simeons protocol transcript. Instructions stated 2 doses a day before meals, obviously not as exact as the pellets will be but I'll use them until my pellets come. They sent a shipping notice so hopefully by Monday.

I think we are about the same size so I am good with the 600/800 cycle as well! I plan to add in those veggies if I get too hungry though!

Arm challenge and walking will be my workouts most days of the week.

So tomorrow we dose but don't count calories until Monday right?

Oh yeah I tried a dose just for the heck of it this morning and it made me feel really energetic and I have been peeing all day. Very little hunger but that was just a fluke...too soon for any effect. I didn't do a second dose I was just curious to try it out. Will do the 2 doses tomorrow.

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-04-2014 at 01:46 PM..
Old 04-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My hcg amino stuff had no real info included except that it referred me to the Simeons protocol transcript. Instructions stated 2 doses a day before meals, obviously not as exact as the pellets will be but I'll use them until my pellets come. They sent a shipping notice so hopefully by Monday. Normally they have you put 10 or so drops under your tongue, typically three times a day, but I would go with twice since thatís their instructions. Normally you shouldnít eat or drink for 15 minutes before or after.

I think we are about the same size so I am good with the 600/800 cycle as well! I plan to add in those veggies if I get too hungry though! I was thinking the same thing, and I am soooooo eating the veggies. Since Iíve been doing Atkins í72 this week with only salads, believe it or not I canít wait for some Broccoli.

Arm challenge and walking will be my workouts most days of the week. Do you want to post our add ons on the arm challenge or just here?

So tomorrow we dose but don't count calories until Monday right? Right!

Oh yeah I tried a dose just for the heck of it this morning and it made me feel really energetic and I have been peeing all day. Very little hunger but that was just a fluke...too soon for any effect. I didn't do a second dose I was just curious to try it out. Will do the 2 doses tomorrow. Actually thatís a very good sign. I feel the effects much sooner than the third day. I never enjoyed loading because of it and now I donít even believe in it so that totally works.

One more thing!! Weigh and measure!!! You will lose so fast you will be sorry if you donít. If you donít want to use a tape try on some really tight outfit you canít wait to wear. I lost weight back in 2011 so fast by the time I knew my current jeans were too big I skipped a size. Look in the mirror, smile and wave bye-bye.

Probably can't tell I'm excited, huh? Here we go!!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

I think we can just post our workouts here, I can't wait to get this weight off! You've got me excited at the possibilities

Pork ribs tomorrow!!!

I know I can track anyway I want I suppose, but as far as losses is tomorrow technically Day 1?

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-04-2014 at 06:11 PM..
Old 04-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
I'm in! I'm in! Sorry, I have had three crazy days with working non-stop and traveling, but I'm back and I love the plan of dosing this weekend and starting the 600/800 Monday.

I'm also planning to work out, but trying to figure out what to do! I was thinking about doing the 30-Day Shred when I was considering JUDDD/ADF, but I'm not sure if the 600/800 will be enough for me to do that intense of a workout safely, so I may do something like Callanetics (sort of like pilates) and walking.

Also, I take HCG1234!! I've been really happy with it in the past!

I'm so excited we can do this thing together. I'm feeling really encouraged after reading your posts!!
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think we can just post our workouts here, I can't wait to get this weight off! You've got me excited at the possibilities

Pork ribs tomorrow!!!

I know I can track anyway I want I suppose, but as far as losses is tomorrow technically Day 1?
Nope, tomorrow is loading. Monday is day one. I have a spreadsheet for tracking. If you want it, PM me your email or remind me Monday, I have the link saved at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonmama View Post
I'm in! I'm in! Sorry, I have had three crazy days with working non-stop and traveling, but I'm back and I love the plan of dosing this weekend and starting the 600/800 Monday.

I'm also planning to work out, but trying to figure out what to do! I was thinking about doing the 30-Day Shred when I was considering JUDDD/ADF, but I'm not sure if the 600/800 will be enough for me to do that intense of a workout safely, so I may do something like Callanetics (sort of like pilates) and walking.

Also, I take HCG1234!! I've been really happy with it in the past!

I'm so excited we can do this thing together. I'm feeling really encouraged after reading your posts!!
Alright Lemon welcome aboard! I would pick a workout that is not too much of a stretch from what you have been doing. You can always build up but you don't want to overdo it before you even begin.

We can do this!! We are so ready!!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Okay will you all be eating past full this weekend or just to satiety?
Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just to satiety. I'm also going to stick with low carb. I will probably choose more fatty items though like plenty of cream in my coffee, SF whip cream, avocado, etc.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Terri. Do you think I need the HCG 2.0 book? Kindle reviews say it is not laid out well and it is out of stock at my local bookstore.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm just going with the info I gleaned from the link I gave you. I figured since we were kind of "doing it our way" that gave me all I needed. Plus we know what low carb veggies are.

You might want to down load Pounds and Inches by Dr. Simeons to give you the original concept of the HCG diet. Then you'll more understand when they talk about "the differences". Google it, you should be able to download it for free as a PDF, itís kind of funny with the misspellings from translating from Italian. Don't pay for it. I can send it to you if you can't find it.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Terri. Any tips for flavoring the allowed veggies? How many days are you thinking for the round?
Old 04-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I like fresh lemon and herbs, like dill with spaghetti squash or garlic and /or onion powder with anything. I also get a lot of bang for my buck with a T of Parmesan cheese in the can.

I really like to make casserole type stuff. It seems a little more satisfying than just meat & veggies. Plus I divvy up the portions and freeze for easy grab and go meals. Hereís a couple of my go-tos. I couldnít find my Soy Sauce & Ginger stir fry. Going to have to work on that.

CHILI
1 large can fire roasted crushed tomatoes, no sugar added
1 med can chopped tomatoes of choice, no sugar added. I like chipotle pepper
1 pound ground beef.
1T + 1t Chili Powder
1t paprika
1/2t cumin
1t Onion powder
2t Chopped garlic or garlic powder
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cayenne to taste

Brown beef in fry pan with 1t chili powder.

Put all ingredients in a saucepan and cook to hot and bubbly adding liquid when necessary stir often. Add water or chicken broth if you like to bring to your desired consistency.

Makes four servings approx. 250 calories each (including veggies) and freezes well.

Shrimp & Asparagus

1 bunch Fresh Asparagus
7 oz Fully cooked Jumbo Shrimp Thawed
Beef Broth
1/4 t Xanthum Gum
Frank's Hot Sause

Cut Asparagus into bite size pieces. Saute/Steam in covered skillet until tender crisp keeping about 1/2 cup broth in the pan (add more as needed). Add Shrimp, stir, recover until warmed. Add Xanthum Gum & Frank's Hot Sause to taste, stir until thickened. Serves two (my dinner and lunch tomorrow).
Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I
Here's the HCG tracker

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CPjpmY0H#gid=0
Old 04-06-2014, 06:03 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Terri! Round is 21 days right?

I know the answer about the rounds is on your spreadsheet but it wont' link for me. When I google my virus checker keeps blocking me from access.

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-06-2014 at 06:08 AM..