Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 07:53 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Apparently jumping on PP the day after my pizza and cookie disaster kept it temporary, not to mention working out. I'm down 3.5 today but I'll take it! Makes bumping up my stats so much yesterday not so hard to take
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How was your weekend?

I did pretty well, stuck to my plan, for the most part. I havenít weighed in since Saturday and donít plan to until Friday or Saturday, depending on my work out schedule. As you know, Iíve kept up with the Challenge. I had a good lifting and body flex work out yesterday and today we did a power walk at lunch. So Iím feeling real good about that. After all my sever dieting the last year or so Protein Power seems hardly like dieting at all. Hopefully my body continues to like it.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
I just can't seem to stay focused on losing I get a couple good days and then overeat and gain it all back. I know it is all in my head but I get so depressed and carbs make me feel better....temporarily anyway.

Keep up the good work Terri, you inspire me!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maybe you should try a high carb/low fat diet for a while You know something different to sink your teeth into.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Dukan or the 17 day diet maybe Maybe even a juicing jumpstart?
Day consisited of an atkins frozen meal, coffee and golden oreos, I sat here and munched away today as we got yet another bout of snow
Old 03-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang that snow. I'd be plenty sick of that too by now!

I was reading about the 17 day today, didn't look too bad. I might consider that if PP fails me. I started to try Dukan but never did. I'm a fat fanatic. It just kills me to think of letting that go. Have you ever tried the old Rotation Diet. I have had some pretty good success with that and it changes up so much you don't really get board and I was able to have some yummy carbs with that one.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I "feel" like I'm making progress with Protein Power & Lifting, stronger, clothes fitting better, etc. My scale feels obliged to torture me so I have decided to turn the tables and banish it for a while. Since I am feeling it and itís very livable, Iím going to give it more time (not my typical MO as you know ) and see if the scale would like to change its attitude in a couple weeks.

How are you doing?
Old 03-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Terri
Glad to hear PP and lifting is working for you! I just shopped today and will start the 17 day diet tomorrow. I can't let spring sneak up on me as I will miserable with these extra pounds.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Luck!

Please share your menu and results. I may want to give that a try.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Just now starting to feel human again today. I was in bed all weekend with a fever and upset stomach. I only did one day of the 17 DD before I got sick so am having trouble thinking about food at all. As a matter of fact I threw a lot of the food in the trash as the thought of eating the foods that I had just prior to getting sick made me gag! Been living on saltines but need to start forcing something so I can get my energy back.

How are things with you Terri?
Old 03-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thatís a big fat bummer! What a way to spend the weekend. I knew you were trying to lose a few, but thatís no way to do it.

I havenít really changed my plan, but I am going to do more of an Atkins í72 week to see if I can get the scale moving again, aside from the 2# it went up over the weekend. Whoíd have thought pizza (even a little) would have that effect. Still in the 145s so doing better, butÖÖÖ

Hope you feel better!!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Was wondering what you would think of trying some sort of mini type challenges, where we would perhaps take turns leading each other in a WOE for the week along with exercise as well. Weekends could be free as they are less predicable with family and such. Interested? Did that make any sense?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds like fun. You want to start Monday?
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 AM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Monday sounds good. What do you know for certain doesn't fly with you? I know you said aerobics are off your list as far as exercise goes, but what about eating plans? Since you are in the groove more so than I am do you want to lead the first week?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was thinking about that, and don't you have an issue with low carb right now?

Also I remember you saying there was something that didn't work for you excercise wise, but I couldn't remember what it was. My big problem is bad knees

I have:
Dumbells 3,5,8 & 10#
Bands
Pilates Circle
Various exercise tapes
How about you?
Old 04-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

I think I need to do low carb but have to go moderate on the fats or I get bad reflux.

Exercise equipment I have:
Dumbbells up to 25lbs
Bands
Eliptical
Stationary bike
exercise dvds (tons) cardio,pilates and strength

I have rotator cuff issues so I can't go very heavy with the weights anymore and my knees hurt if I run too often or overdo the squats.

I am probably too weak to stick it out but have you tried the hcg 2 plan? I got an email from them today offering a discount but they were sold out.

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-01-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe it would be easier if we both just tried the same food/exercise plan each week , compared notes and then shook things up as needed. What do you think?
Old 04-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's right; I thought it had something to do with your arms. I think we both need to go the direction of low impact period. I for one am over hurting myself under the guise of getting fit. I pretty much have the same dvds. And I also have a Nordic Track that I can do for cardio.

I did HCG back in 2011. Itís the only thing that ever got me to goal. I canít say that stabilization, like they talk about on the threads was my issue, I think I just was lazy and figured I could always do another round. Of course I havenít had it in me to do it for the last year or two. Have you ever done it? Admittedly DH and I discussed it this weekend, but opted for Atkins í72. I just need to stick to something and stop being such a Flibbertigibbet. I think weighing less helps with the Flibbertigibbet issue, but Iím afraid of getting off track if I donít stay accountable. Also this lose all week and gain all weekend has got to come to a stop.

I like working together.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

I haven't done hcg but have to wonder if the new hcg 2.0 plan is basically just low cal/low carb that I could do on my own for free. Does the hcg really kill appetite?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, youíve talking ďrogueĒ. Thatís what we call anyone doing anything but the strictest Simeonís protocol. A lot of us have found that what you eat isnít as important as low calorie, 500-800. There is actually an 800 calorie plan called OWL and many reports have shown that you lose better because your body doesnít fall into starvation mode as much. Iíve actually done Fat Fast while doing HCG with very good results. Then you have the hardcore crowd that believes in following the protocol to the ďTĒ. I do think it helps with appetite. Iíve tried the drops and the pellets. I think they work equally well. Pellets are a lot more convenient. Intermountain sells the pellets Iíve used. They have their own website. I think I got the HCG 2.0 drops on Amazon, Iím not sure. I might consider giving it a try with you if you bat your eyes real pretty.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

So you did rogue with higher cals? How many days? I will google OWL now.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If you want to send me your email address I'll send you my journal/spreadsheet. I've done many rounds many different ways.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Okay did some searching and reading and am afraid I would end up binging in no time on a hcg plan. Any other ideas?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Someone said "rogue" and here I am!!! I need, desperately need, a successful P2 round before summer approaches, but I just can't for the life of me stick to a strict P2 anymore. I did a super strict one in the very beginning (back in 2011), but I just can't go back to dry chicken and cukes! So if you guys are going rogue and doing a round...I would LOVE to join you.
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Okay did some searching and reading and am afraid I would end up binging in no time on a hcg plan. Any other ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonmama View Post
Someone said "rogue" and here I am!!! I need, desperately need, a successful P2 round before summer approaches, but I just can't for the life of me stick to a strict P2 anymore. I did a super strict one in the very beginning (back in 2011), but I just can't go back to dry chicken and cukes! So if you guys are going rogue and doing a round...I would LOVE to join you.
Hey I remember you Lemon. You were kickin' it the same time I was.

Okay so here it is. We know what we don't want to do, what works and what doesn't. Let's make up our own plan. What do say?

HCG does help with appetite, but it doesn't do a thing if you don't diet. What is it we can live with and what can't we live without? What makes us binge and what keeps us chugging along? How do we get through the weekends?

I mean, couldn't we?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey I remember you Lemon. You were kickin' it the same time I was.

Okay so here it is. We know what we don't want to do, what works and what doesn't. Let's make up our own plan. What do say?

HCG does help with appetite, but it doesn't do a thing if you don't diet. What is it we can live with and what can't we live without? What makes us binge and what keeps us chugging along? How do we get through the weekends?

I mean, couldn't we?
YES! I'm totally game for trying something new and seeing what works. I was following a gal on Instagram who was doing HCG, going up to about 700-800 calories a day and eating pretty much anything and her losses were great. She was eating stuff like raisin bran cereal and milk for breakfast and even half of a Chic-fil-A wrap for dinner....things I would have thought I could never lose eating.

Now I'm not going to be eating cereal, because that's not my thing, but I love the idea of playing around with more food options and seeing what happens. I just know that nothing works for me like HCG does. I try to say I'm going to do Intermittent Fasting, Paleo, JUDDD, and on and on and on, but I just don't see the scale go down quickly enough and I get discouraged. At least I know with HCG, I will be down about a size in one week. That's golden!!!

I'll check back in tomorrow, but I'm down for a little experimental challenge if you are! Sorry, for taking over your one-person challenge thread! I'm happy to move the conversation too!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:15 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Lemon! I'll be thinking about things today Will not be able to get back to post until late evening EST, anxious to hear what you two decide.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

What if we posted a list of rogue things we have eaten on P2 before and been able to lose with, and then we can create our own little list of non-protocol foods we can experiment with?

For example, outside of the traditional P2 foods, I have done perfectly fine losing with:

-Ezekiel bread
-Low carb tortillas
-Deli Meat
-Laughing Cow Cheese
-Eggs
-Lots of other veggies, like peppers, broccoli, cauliflower....
-Blueberries, Raspberries
-Protein powder, almond milk
-Coconut milk, coconut oil
-Balsamic vinegar (just a little)
-half and half (just a little)
-Bolthouse Yogurt-based dressings (only 35-45 calories for 2 T.)
-Pickles
-One glass of non-sweet red wine (like merlot, cab, shiraz, pinot noir) IF I do not have any fruit or a lot of other carbs that day.
I'll keep thinking, but as you can see, adding these items really opens up the menu. Then, when you can increase the calories to 700-800 that really makes a difference too!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Youíre awesome Lemon, just what I was thinking. And I agree, I donít think itís the ďwhatĒ that matters as much with this plan as quantity.

Something else that came to mind is weíre getting stuck with life on the weekends messing up the losses of the week. First I thought of a free day on the weekend, and then I realized that was my downfall on other plans. I cannot be trusted to be sane. Than I thought about plans like Two day diet, Rotation, etc. I also thought about stalling out on protocol when my body figured it out and clicked into starvation mode. What if we did an alternating type plan? Like maybe Monday-Friday (or Thursday) 600 calories Saturday (or Friday) & Sunday 900 calories. Or 800/1200. We could even take it a step further and the following week do 800/1200 and then back to 600/900 to keep our bodies guessing.

I was thinking of making food lists too, both rogue things that have worked in the past and super low cal. things.

More stuff for our list:

Eggs, Bolthouse dressing, other low carb veggies and pickles have also worked well for me.
I can do the dry red wine, but not two days in a row.
I can also dress lettuce with fresh lemon and salt and enjoy it. Or make lettuce chips (big enough pieces to grab out of a baggie and eat like chips)
SF Jello
Dark meat chicken (canít stand dry white meat)
Popcorn
Tuna, especially convenient in the foil packages at work

So what do you think Jeanie? Are we tempting you?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In case anyone hasn't checked out this thread on HCG 2.0. After you mentioned it Jeanie I went back and reread. I had forgotten a lot. Without counting veggies, 600 calories sounds a lot more doable. And I have been considering ditching the fruit and bread stick anyway. Iím going to go through the whole thread later and give in some serious consideration.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...hcg-2-0-a.html