Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hey Terri
What I did to get to goal, I ate mostly meat and eggs with very little of anything else. I also walked/jogged and lifted weights 6 days a week. It is so hard now after a couple of days of eating low carb the cravings get worse instead of better and I gag at the thought of meat! Used to be after a few days the cravings abated, but not now. I ate like crap today I've got to get my head in this, for health and weight loss!

How did your day go? What have you done to reach your goals? Did you have much to lose?

Last edited by jeaniem; 02-21-2014 at 04:16 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
That sucks, I hate when it seems so hard. I feel the same way about scrambled eggs right now (my old standby breakfast). So Iíve been having boiled eggs, tuna salad, deviled egg salad, anything but scrambled eggs for breakfast. It seems like it took a couple days away from carbs for the cravings to start to dissipate. And Iím still not completely free. One thing I notice about our menus is Iím eating a lot more fat, maybe that would help. Iím hoping to keep them dissipating before I get to my hormonal hell week where Iíll do almost anything for Chocolate. Thatís the week before TOM for me.

I didnít lose anything today, if anything I was up a few tenths. Iím skipping the cheese today to see if that helps. I know itís not reasonable to expect to lose every day, but Iím still in week one so Iím not ready for it to slow too much yet. Sometimes I make myself weigh only once a week so I donít trip on days like today.

I lost to goal with HCG, thereís nothing like it, but it is soooooooo hard. When my head was in it I lost from 138 to 122 in about six months with multiple rounds but I couldnít make it stick. One of the problems is itís a very low calorie, very low fat plan so even with exercising, when I could, sometimes I was just too weak, I lost lean body mass. Even though I knew the down falls, Iíve tried to use it again to try and get down and ďdo things differentlyĒ not to regain, but I just couldnít do it. The fact that you got down with M&E is very encouraging. How long did it take you and what was your starting weight?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:46 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

More fat hmm. What does your day look like typically? You are down another pound woo hoo!

I started at 166 with mostly meat and egg. Salads or veggies only when I had to eat them at a restaurant or a social gathering. It took me 6 months to lose down to 127, I stayed in the high 130's for a couple of months despite staying 100% on plan. At that point I started the couch to 5k program and lost a little more, but it was not until I started walk/jog intervals that I took the last of the fat off. I know lots of folks say that exercise is not needed but it helped me in the end. I really feel like my hormones have changed since then (2010), as preceding these bad eating binges I get all teary and anxious. I don't have a TOM due to an ablation but sometimes feel like I am having pms symptoms, so I probably would still be bleeding if not for the ablation.

You have awesome willpower I wouldn't last a day on hcg!!

Last edited by jeaniem; 02-22-2014 at 07:48 AM..
Old 02-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah well just not sure where that will power went, I donít seem to last more than few days now.

I agree on the exercise. In the short term it may give me a bump the next day, but in the long term it keeps the losses more consistent. Thatís not even to mention the toning advantage. Who wants to be a saggy, skinny old broad?

So my menu this week has typically been:
B Ė 2 cups of coffee, each with 2t HWC. Then since Iíve been off scrambled eggs, Iíve had a deviled egg salad with bacon, or tuna salad
L-Leftover meat from dinner usually with mustard mayo dipping sauce and a dozen or so green olives
D Ė Steak, Chicken or Fish with Lettuce and full fat Dressing, usually Blue Cheese or Caesar.
S Ė If I need snack Iíll have some more olives or meat with mayo
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you had a good day Terri

The weather here today was a balmy 60! Got out for a nice 45 min walk/jog which made me feel alive and happy

Not too hungry today,only had pork ribs and a small salad with olive oil and vinegar.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice! Looks like you're back on track. Glad the weather is co-operating.

For the first time all year, and who knows how long before I'm losing over the weekend instead of gaining. My loses are equaling the losses from HCG at this point.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Losing on the weekend is always a plus

Got in a nice 2 mile brisk walk with DH today and got lots of house stuff done. Also visited my son who is in a drug/alcohol rehab program, so an emotional day. I so wanted to comfort myself with carb goodies, but persevered.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice job not letting the emotions control you! You should be very proud of yourself.

We went on road trips today and yesterday. Our hobby is finding a road we've never been on. The drawback is a lot of time sitting on our butts and eating out in the world. Yesterday I got a grilled chicken salad at Jack in the Box, skipped the high carb Franken-Ranch dressing. Today I had a Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Sandwich/Lettuce Wrap. The weight loss did okay today, hoping for the best tomorrow.

I just found out I have in-laws coming to spend the night in two weeks. And no, they do not eat healthy and they drink and smoke. We don't smoke and recently stopped drinking to get healthy and lose weight. And of course I'm just getting on a roll with my diet. Boy the life sure throws the challenges sometimes.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

I really tried to pick a time when I knew no parties or other social stuff was coming up, so yeah I know how you feel about the in-laws coming.

As per my normal MO after a few good days, I am craving carbs so badly today
Old 02-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey down a Pound

Try upping to fat, see if that helps. Mayo, butter, sour cream, avocado. How about an avocado with Caesar Dressing?

Yeah the in-law thing was out of the blue
Old 02-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How'd you do Pal? I'm with ya
Old 02-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Doing really crappy eating wise. I'll check back in later tonight after I finish cleaning my kitchen there was a leak under the sink
Old 02-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Okay trying to regroup after too many carb fests! I took some pics of my self and my ever growing belly and saved them to my cell phone in hopes that looking at the pics when I feel week will deter me,hah! Also wrote a few notes and reminders to read when I feel antsy and lose focus.

How is it going with you Terri?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well pretty good food wise, but Iíve had a small bump the last two days, not really sure why. Back up to 143.0 today. No cheese or ďotherĒ low carb veggies today. Probably two results from fast food over the weekend. Hope to see better results tomorrow.

Your motivations sound great. My fat pictures always spur me into motion.

Did you get the leak fixed.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I need one person who like me has a hard time keeping up with large group challenges, but would like to post daily with me and support one another in finally reaching our weight and health goals.
Hi jeaniem I've been hanging out in my "backsliding" thread, trying to keep up with those who post. You should stop in and say hi sometime. You did post in it when it first got started.

Hope you're doing well.
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You gave me leaky sink Karma Today (fortunately DH was home) he found our kitchen sink valve was leaking. I'm at work so I don't have to mess with it

So back down today .10 of a pound away from my all-time low for the year that I was Saturday. I'm hoping this means I'm back moving in the right direction.

How are you doing?
Old 02-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Hi jeaniem I've been hanging out in my "backsliding" thread, trying to keep up with those who post. You should stop in and say hi sometime. You did post in it when it first got started.

Hope you're doing well.
Hi there! I have kinda been laying low due to lack of success. I hope you are continuing to do well and not backslide
Old 02-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
You gave me leaky sink Karma Today (fortunately DH was home) he found our kitchen sink valve was leaking. I'm at work so I don't have to mess with it

So back down today .10 of a pound away from my all-time low for the year that I was Saturday. I'm hoping this means I'm back moving in the right direction.

How are you doing?
Leaky sink Karma DH replaced the spray hose nozzle that was leaking. What a mess ended up having to throw out tin foil and parchment paper that was too soaked to salvage

Glad you are eating well and going back down. I had a good eating day and was happy to find that when tempted today those fat belly pics really made me pause!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't think I lost anything beyond the shelf paper that needed to be replaced anyway and a big dent in my wallet. Mine was a sweat fitting behind the wall. I guess I lost a little sheetrock too, but in a can't see spot.

Eating was good today. Hopefully I'll talk myself into my little lift and squat routine. I have big hopes for the scale tomorrow.

Nice job with your motivation pics! Big hopes for the scales for you too
Old 02-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Hi there! I have kinda been laying low due to lack of success. I hope you are continuing to do well and not backslide
Awwwww....no need to lay low just because you aren't having the success you hoped for. The "backsliding" thread is for those who don't want to go backwards. And you don't want to go backwards, right?

And even if we do, going forwards again is always right there in front of us.
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Good eating day. Actually forgot to weigh today, that is highly unusual. Been fighting something sore throat, headache and swollen glands the last two days. Usually zinc stops my colds from materializing, but not this time
Haven't had a true cold in years, just another reminder that eating crappy lowers my resistance to all the germies my little charges carry.

Hope you had a good day Terri. I haven't properly worked out since Monday.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Awwwww....no need to lay low just because you aren't having the success you hoped for. The "backsliding" thread is for those who don't want to go backwards. And you don't want to go backwards, right?

And even if we do, going forwards again is always right there in front of us.
Yep, working on going forward
Old 02-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My Zycam didn't touch the bug I got last month either. Hope you feel better soon.

I finally broke my low weight today, so I'm a happy camper. I didnít work out last night. Half lazy, half I convinced myself Iíd get a better weigh in. Boils down to just lazy.

Feel better!!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

141, Go Terri. I can't wait to get in the low 140's again, it is not my goal but I feel so much better even at around 140.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I wiegh exactly what I did on Feb 7th, I need to buckle down and start losing. This cold is making me frickin miserable!

How is going skinny minny
Old 02-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I bumped up .10 so I'm hoping for a whooshie tomorrow. I was looking at my journal and I seem to have my best losses after my workout nights whether Body Flex or Lift/Squats. So I'm going to use that bit of info to encourage me to get off my lazy butt this week. Funny thing I seem to gain after doing house or yard work maybe I should stop. One thing that has really helped me stick with it this time is pre-planning. I usually make bacon for breakfast one weekend morning, so I'll cook the whole pound and package up servings in foil the heat up in the toaster oven. I'm going to do sausage this weekend. I have some that is only 1 carb per serving. I've also done some roasts and rotisserie chicken for leftovers with must/mayo sauce. Those are things I like, so if I start getting the edge I'll grab something ready to go and then think about it. With no hunger the cravings are considerably dimmed.

I hope you shake that darn cold soon. You know inflammation will bump the scale. So likely, all things being equal, you're probably down.

Here's to a successful week to come!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the reminder about pre-planning, it so easy to justify going off plan when there is nothing easy to grab! Plus, carbs taste reallllly good when your truly hungry

Dropped down 1.8 today, probably mostly due to this cold and not really wanting much to eat.

Trying to keep a good attitude but we are supposed to get up to a foot of snow again Sunday and Monday

How is your weekend going Terri?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go. Not the way to lose by choice, but at least something good comes of it.

Regular weekend struggle here. Eating regular LC out in the world and up .50. Thinking of trying FF next week. If nothing else the variety will be nice.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Bad day, another snowstorm and 2 degree temps tonight. Eating crap but lots of snow shoveling exercise. I am finding I can't get motivated I need a fast jump start to fuel me I think.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not a good day for me either. I did real well eating over the weekend low carb and saw a bump of 1.5 today. So I wasnít in the best spirits. DH wanted Chicken Stew for dinner; put it in the crockpot this morning low carb ďishĒ. Today I proceeded to skip lunch and clear out all the Atkins bars in my desk for lunch. Ah no they did not go in the trash. Tomorrow Iím going to start FF for three days and see how that treats me. The good news is I got in my power walk today as well as a short body flex.