Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Welcome Grammie, ambercharl!!

grammie- I am a night snacker too. Pepperoni and cheese are good for low carb snacks. But, for me I found that the sodium in them cause me to retain water. So if you find the weight loss slow or stopped.. that sodium can be the culprit.

Pat- glad you made it home safe and sound. I hate driving on ice, it scares me.

Cheryl- congrats on the 750 mile badge on fitbit!!

Jo- I keep doing the hit and miss with my staying on plan as well. I am really going to try to buckle down for the next few weeks.

Karen- I am doing good on my water the past 3-4 days.. it is the only thing I have been getting right lately.

Deb- I know you are off and having your fun.. hope you have a blast!

I am making some roast today. Mashed potatoes for the guys, cauliflower for me. Just had some bacon for breakfast and lots of water.. tomorrow the scale comes back out.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

I am going to try this with some pork chops this week too...

1 tsp paprika
1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
1⁄2 tsp black pepper, ground
1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper
1⁄2 tsp rubbed dried sage leaf
1⁄2 tsp garlic salt
1 1⁄2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 piece center cut pork chops

Mix paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, sage, and garlic salt on a plate. Liberally coat each pork chop with the spice mixture.

Heat olive oil and several pumps of non-stick, butter-flavored spray in a large skillet over high heat. Place pork chops in the skillet, reducing heat to medium. Cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Old 02-10-2014, 04:40 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Cheryl WTG on your badge on Fitbit Yes it was a busy day, got all the pizza's done and made to Valentine baskets for the boys to take to school that sell tickets on them and all the kids in there class have to make one. I am getting tired of all this fundraising. Its worse because they are in both in grade eight so I have to do double of everything. But I am sure they will have fun. V I am going to really try and stay on plan. I made Pork Roast last night. Your pork chop recipe looks very good. Hope Deb is having a great time. I need to put new batteries in my scale and then get on it, very soon!! Off to work , have a good day girls.
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Well, we woke up to an additional 4.5 inches of snow on the ground this morning. The 9 inches we got last week is still on the ground because our temperatures have stayed very cold so nothing has melted. Driving is not a good option. There were several cars stuck in the circle I live on this morning. So, I am staying home today. On the plus side, I spent 35 minutes shoveling the driveway... and according to the fitness calculator that burned about 350 calories!

This is day 2 of staying on plan. I am going to try to get all the way to the 28th on plan. The first of march I have my inlaws 50th anniversary dinner so I will plan that as an off day.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Finally got to the gym today without it snowing, nice day but windy.

Pat I see your back to winter, I bet it's going to take awhile to get used to the cold and snow. Yes I love Rotell, like to buy it ahead when on sale. Use alot in the summer.

Jo the roads that they flood, do they sand them after and you drive on them??
V SS your getting all the snow now. I'm so sick of shoveling even though it good exercise.28 days sounds like a good plan.

Cheryl wtg on your FitBit badge. How many steps did it take to get it?
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Well more snow here too. Still cold. I just keep reminding myself it is supposed to be in the 50's by the end of the week. Still slick out. The fun of living rural. DH was backing his work van up to the garage door. Hit the brake to stop and didn't. Slid into the garage door. Oops!! wasn't even barely moving but still messed it up. Nephew hit the garage door to the workshop the other day. Knocked it off its track. He doesn't feel so bad now. Good thing DH has garage door experience. We may have to replace a panel on the house garage door.

Misty my 10000 steps take me to @ 3.7 miles. So a lot of steps.

V I'm with you on not driving. We warm up enough to get some surface melt , then it freezes come evening. So slick off the main roads. Which is several miles of hills and curves for me. That recipe sounds good!

Jo around here you aren't allowed to cook for school functions. Parents have to buy it and it must remain sealed. Liability issues.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Really windy this morning but have to go to work today and tomorrow so might as well get to the gym, I been bad at getting there. Just to cold and DH wants got go real early. Wow just hear on the news that Sherly Temple died, I remember watching her shows.

Cheryl they say another Northeater for us on Thursday, hope it passes by. SS about the door sounds like DH hit ice it's everywhere. I need spring, glad it's a short month.

Jo making cookies with GD for her Valentine party at school. I make the Girl Scout thin mints, so easy but maybe put some sprinkles on them.

V hows was your day in yesterday? I love when I just stay in and watch the snow from the inside
Old 02-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Misty- I had a lazy snow day yesterday. I had planned to get a lot done, but it seemed like I lost all my steam. It is really cold this morning, but the sun is shining and that is really nice.

Cheryl- Hope your dh is able to fix the garage door back up. It's crazy how much damage can get done even when the vehicle is barely moving. We are still in the deep freeze today.. but warming trend starts tomorrow. Supposed to be 50's and maybe even 60's by the weekend. We need it, just to melt the snow pack off the streets.

The scale is out of closet and slowly heading in the right direction. I am going into day 3 on plan and feeling pretty good. I am also keeping my water drinking up where it needs to be.

I was sad to hear about Shirley Temple this morning. I loved her movies. My favorite was The Bluebird.. where she was searching for the bluebird of happiness with her dog and cat. The animals turned into humans while helping her search. I hope some of the cable channels play some of her movies this week.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #69
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Im so happy to be cooking..roasting chicken tonight....

have to watch the second half of the Westminster dog show tonight

Had a fabulous time..so nice to get away and not have to cook or clean
Found my rotel right next to the velveeta cheese in Costco Cheryl....the Costco in Mt Vernon was all out of rotel but Bellingham had lots..8 small tins for $8.00

Stocked up on lots of good stuff..coconut oil/vitamins and dairy for the next couple of months..new weight lifting gloves for my RX class..new Nike outfit and socks

we stayed up late at night and napped in the afternoon after lunch

time to get back to life
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #70
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
I've gained too much to fit in Debs suitcase so I stayed home.

if I didn't bring back that 55lb bag of dog food for Buddy I could have put you in the trunk
Old 02-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #71
Deb

anyone up for a water challenge?

doesn't have to be against each other..just a goal we can each make
Old 02-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #72
Deb

guys...

I bought this

Products | Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread | Earth Balance

took butter out of the fridge and had a little spoon full of the EB and the butter and I cant tell the difference

not sure if I can buy it here but next trip to Washington im getting more

was about $3.50 at walmart
Old 02-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
anyone up for a water challenge?

doesn't have to be against each other..just a goal we can each make
That sounds like something I need to do!!! I am in.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Glad you are back Miss Deb!!

I will join you for a water challenge. What number are we shooting for (ounces, glasses??)
I have been using lots of coconut oil too... love that stuff. I am one of the strange people that can just eat it off the spoon. Lately I have been putting a few drops in my bathwater. Makes my skin baby soft.

I am cleaning my sisters house tomorrow, but will check in later in the day. I will take my water bottle with me.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:42 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Wrote a long post and it disappeared but have to run so, Hi everyone, Welcome back Deb, everyone drinking water? Misty no they don't salt the road to cold for salt up here. Cheryl hope you guy can fix the door. Lets all do good today
Old 02-12-2014, 05:03 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Off early to the gym and then work, then no work until next week. Got a Northeaster starting tomorrow morning, the say 8-12 for us. So stopping at the store and picking up things I think I'll need.

V house cleaning for me today too But I like it and I like the cash even better. Does it take you long to do your sister house.

Deb wecome back, sound like you got alot of stuff. I just bought another case of Rotell small cans. Great deal with coupons. 1.00 of every 2. I'm in on the water challlenge been trying to get extra in because I keep bloating. Going to try that spread right now I use Olivio and love it.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We have melting!
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #78
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
That sounds like something I need to do!!! I am in.
filling up my juice jugs with lemon water

V Im shooting for 3 liters a day easy when I go to the gym

what about everyone else?
Old 02-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #79
Deb

Jo I hate it when I lose a post how is your weather?

Misty I sure wish we could coupon like you all

can never have too much rotel I say..how do you use yours?
Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Deb our weather is crap today snowing and strong winds. But it sounds like on the news that a lot of the Southern states are going to get hit with a big storm. Misty your Northeaster is moving into NS tomorrow night. So everyone stay safe, Deb I have had 2 l of water so far today. Cheryl stop your bragging enjoy it while it lasts. Misty stock up and stay off the roads, stay safe.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb I have 32 oz of fluid in today so far. You sound like you had a great time. So you found a good butter spread. We use Amish butter. Buy 10-20 # a time and freeze it. It's the best!

Jo yes I'm bragging! Sunshine and melting. 60's this weekend! I will enjoy.

Sorry everyone isn't getting the better weather. But did I mention we are going to be in the 60's

I'm paying bills and getting taxes ready. Woohoo.

V are you ready to get rid of this snow and ice too?

Karen are you do for a warm up?

Misty stay safe!

Does coconut oil add a flavor to foods? I have a jar but I haven't used it yet
Old 02-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #82
Deb

Quote:
Deb So you found a good butter spread. We use Amish butter. Buy 10-20 # a time and freeze it. It's the best!
Amish butter???? tell me more

are you and Jo in the bathroom doing jumping jacks...anyone know or remember my story about jumping jacks?

Jo stay warm..its + 5 here and sunny..i will take it

Cheryl coconut oil does have a taste to it..stop being a chicken and have a spoon
Old 02-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #83
Deb

Im going to make this but im going to use broccoli

Ingredients
•2 cups sliced asparagus
•6 egg whites
•2 whole eggs
•1/3 cup diced onion
•1/2 cup (low-fat) feta cheese, optional parmesan cheese
•1/2 cup diced tomatoes
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper
•Kosher or sea salt to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and pour into a quiche pan or 9-inch glass pie plate.

Bake at 350° for approximately 45 minutes or until filling is set.

Last edited by Deb; 02-12-2014 at 02:34 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl- I hate to brag... but we are at 38 degrees today. Serious melting going on, and I am doing the happy dance about it. We are supposed to keep on getting warmer each day... I will try to keep sending the warm air your way.

Misty- I usually spend about 3 hours on my sisters house, and do that twice a week. But if she could afford it I could spend 30 hours a week on it... Boy, nobody in her house believes in picking up anything. It would drive me crazy. But, like you.. I love to get cash for cleaning. I hope the storm skips past you.. nobody should have to deal with that much snow. It's time for spring.

Deb- That quiche looks super yummy. I think I will leave the asparagus for mine, since it is one of my favorite veggies. I am getting tired of broccoli. I have eaten so much of it the last couple of years.. but I know it is really good for me.

About the coconut oil... I fry my eggs and my steak in it. I do not notice a flavor from it on the food. When I eat it straight, I can taste a hint of coconut, but mostly just like oil.

About the water- I am drinking 20 ounce bottles and have had four of them today and starting the 5th one now. I will shoot for at least two more tonight. I am not drinking any diet pop at all, just water and coffee in the morning. I am out of wine and did not go get any today... I figure that will keep me from temptation.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #85
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
About the water- I am drinking 20 ounce bottles and have had four of them today and starting the 5th one now. I will shoot for at least two more tonight. I am out of wine and did not go get any today... I figure that will keep me from temptation.

out of wine

good for you V
and your right the coconut oil has no taste if u cook with it..i was just lathering it on my face

now I have a jar in every room
Old 02-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah V we are 47 !! Feels so nice and warm. The road is clear. Only scattered snow in the shadows. But we didn't get as much snow as you.

Deb the Amish are a religious group scattered around the US. They live like the old days. No electric etc. some are more strict than others. Their cattle are pasture fed for the most part so the butter tsar and nutrition is better than the usual grain fed. Every food Amish tastes better. We stop at an Amish Cheese House in Ok when we go to Texas.

I would have to sub something for the asparagus.

Retell the Jumping Jack story. I can't recall it.

Ok ok I will open my C oil
Old 02-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #87
Deb

Amish....yes we have Amish here ....WAY UP IN Canada

but I didn't know they had there own butter

open the oil chicken

soooooooooooooooooooo

we were in line waiting for the Costco to open at 10am on Monday in Bellingham Washington....

girl infront of me does some little chit chat only to find that we are Canadian

now bare in mind the border crossing is 4 minutes from where we are.....she asks me

don't u all have Costco up there?

ok we are not *up there* the ground is pretty much level on both

I say ..yes we do have Costco..and she was like...ok so why would you drive all the way from up there to be here?

I asked her if she had been drinking

and I also told her that Costco Canada is where we buy the sled dog and igloo parts

Old 02-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are soooo bad!
Old 02-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They sell all kinds of food. Cheese , meat etc. Google Amish cheese house. They set up on the small town squares around here and sell fresh baked goods. There are Amish furniture stores. They came to Joplin and helped repair and build homes.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #90
Deb

Quote:
You are soooo bad!