Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   SOUTH BEACH VETS - February - Feeling Fanatical (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/821971-south-beach-vets-february-feeling-fanatical.html)

Radmom413 02-01-2014 04:39 AM

SOUTH BEACH VETS - February - Feeling Fanatical

I think we are all trying to be fanatics about our weightloss, exercise, diet.....whatever we are trying to do, so let's keep it up for........

FEBRUARY!

New thread, new month, new resolve!

Radmom413 02-01-2014 04:55 AM

Morning!

Between DH and Dog - :annoyed: another night of restless sleep!

Family came over for dinner. I just can't look at my DGS enough. He is just so damn sweet that my heart just wants to burst! They didn't stay long after dinner as everyone was tired. Their daycare is wonderful. She made a little flipogram of his first two days at her house and sent it last night. It was so cute!

Great meeting with the nurse. I just love her. She is younger, 26 weeks pregnant, and the funny thing is, she is built like me! So we really do have some good conversations! She had some print outs for me from the Eat Right for Life stuff, met my goals from last week, continuing on with watching the carbs, this week is portions, she is making a referral to the trainer for my exercise - my change up with treadmill and bike have been good, but really need to add in some resistance strength training and she knows I want to do it at home, so setting up a few sessions.

Also, she told me to be patient. Incorporating small changes will end up in big results. She said we all want instant gratification, and if you truly are making lifestyle changes, it is a slow process. I told her my goal is for me to be able to put on my dresses for spring/summer and for them to just fall down over my hips. I did show her that my watch seems to be HUGE on my wrist, and I asked her "Why the hell would I be losing weight in my wrists?" :laugh: She said that is a good sign, and the rest will follow. She said BE patient and keep making the changes - ONE. THING. AT. A. TIME.

So if any of this helps you - I hope it can.......I am going to keep on keepin on!

Not sure what's up for the weekend....groceries, a couple errands, some cleaning and relaxing. Not sure if DH is up for anything.....still hasn't gotten his test results. :annoyed:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! And Superbowl? For me, it's QB's and I'm cheering for Russell Wilson!!! :D

wiz 02-01-2014 08:40 AM

Hello all!!

Kelly, glad to see you finally made it home last night. What rotten luck with a flat tire! :annoyed:

Cindy, that's great that you get so much time with your grandson!!

I did have some wine at the fundraiser last night, but kept the eating to a minimum. Bottom line was no gain this morning. That's what I want out of my weekends - no gain.

Big pot of turkey chili simmering on the stove for tomorrow! It smells awesome. Joe bought himself some tortilla chips as a treat for the game, I am sure I will indulge as well :o

We are invited to a big party, but I have an 8 AM (what was I thinking??) dentist appt on Monday and then I'm heading up to NYC for 3 days of meetings. So we may stop in at the party, but will end up watching most of the game at home so I can get a good night's sleep!

Enjoy the weekend!!

Radmom413 02-03-2014 04:22 AM

Beachers! Let's rock this week!!!

wiz 02-03-2014 06:20 AM

More snow this morning...enough already!! We are expecting 5 to 8 inches.

Ready for a great week of eating. Let's get it done!! :cool:

heahyou00 02-03-2014 07:59 AM

Hi Girls,
Man it was a crazy weekend! Im sure you guys saw my post on FB from Friday night, I got stranded about an hour away from home with a flat tire, roadside assitance took forever and I had a car full of kids, we were all starving, finally got to eat at almost 9pm:stars: I was so damn hungry I didnt care what is was, so needless to say I didnt stick to my diet. Made it home super late and went right to bed, I was exhausted.

Saturday I spent the day running kids around and grocery shopping, we celebrated DS15's bday that night, we all went out to dinner, I did really well with the all you can buffet, I stuck to salad and chicken! I was proud of myself.

Sunday I had a bunch of driving to do to take DS15 home, made it back just in time for the Superbowl party at my house, I didnt do so well eating wise yesterday :( I had a ton of chips and dip, I didnt get on the scales this morning, gonna check tomorrow. I did get up and started week 5 of my T25 though! This is my last week before it gets harder!

Anyway, my house is a mess, I cleaned up some last night, but have a bunch more to do tonight lol. No kids this week, we are going to the movies at some point, I have been wanting to see Her and everyone I know that has seen it says its amazing!! Cant wait.

Lets have a great week ladies!!

Kelly

Radmom413 02-04-2014 04:18 AM

Personal Trainer emailed me yesterday, so I am going to make an appt with her to see what suggestions she can make for me. Hope it's better than last time. I met with her before and she was kind of condescending. I was annoyed. Hoping this time with the referral from the nurse, it will be different.

Made a great Avocado Vinaigrette last night - let me know if you want the recipe!

tinatina 02-04-2014 06:22 AM

Morning Beachers!

Up and biked for an hour this morning. DH broke his wrist last thursday, he gets it casted this week, on wednesday. No work for him for 6 ish weeks. he's waiting to hear from workers comp.

My doctor finally called (after I faxed them my bloodwork results) and they increased my meds from 150 a week to 160. We'll see how that goes.

Wiz - I am so with you. I am so over this stupid weather/snow. I couldn't make it up the hill to my workplace yesterday. had to go home and get DH to drive me back in the 4 wheel drive. And I'm hearing its not looking any better for this weekend! :mad:

Cindy - I hope your meeting with the trainer goes well and you get lots of insight!

Kel - My eating was crazy this weekend and I can't even blame it on a super bowl party! :stars:

Have a great tuesday beachers!

heahyou00 02-04-2014 07:45 AM

Hi Girls,
I got on the scales this morning to see what sort of damage I had done, back up to 199 :( Hopefully it will be gone shortly. I have noticed a big change in my body though, especially my waist, I was looking in the mirror today going wow this working out stuff really does work lol, who knew!!!

We are going to the movies tonight, supposed to get one of those polar blasts coming into our area by this weekend, its going to be down into single digits at night and snow/ice on Saturday, good thing we dont have anything planned this weekend, just Michaels 2 boys coming over and I am not driving anywhere :)

Not much else to report, super slow at work, I am going to do homework today!

Here is todays menu:

b- cheesecake fluff
s- boiled egg
l- spinach lasagna
s- string cheese and sf pudding
d- chicken taco salad

Kelly

Radmom413 02-05-2014 04:15 AM

:hiya:

HUMP Day!!!

tinatina 02-05-2014 07:12 AM

The weather here is awful, finally made it into work! Supposed to get more crappy weather this weekend.

Still got up at 4:30 am and got my run/walk in. I watched an episode of Criminal Minds. Lovin the CBS app!

Happy Hump Day Beachers!

heahyou00 02-05-2014 08:17 AM

Happy Humpday!! I am almost back down to siggy weight :) Maybe I will see it tomorrow morning.

We went to the movies last night and saw Her, I loved it!! Lots of sexual stuff though, I wasnt prepared for that lol.

We are gonna watch Dallas Buyers Club tonight, I heard its awesome too!

Tonight I am trying another new recipe, making stuffed bell peppers, I always made them back in the day using rice, but of course I wont be using any of that tonight and I am gonna use sausage instead of hamburger :)

Super cold here ,but no snow accumlation yet, they are saying Saturday for us.

Here is todays menu:

b- Cheesecake fluff
s- deviled egg
l- hot dog and faux tater casserole
s- pork rinds and cheese dip
d- stuffed peppers

Kelly

Neesie 2x 02-05-2014 03:55 PM

Hi girls...what's with this month... Seems like a few of us are up on the scales... Me too!
Hoping being in the office and using the stairs will make it go down but I'm not getting up from my desk as much as used to so it might just even out... Can't catch a break!
Still trying tho!

Getting ready to put the house back on the market art eh end of the month... Please pray it sells this year... Don't want to be here yet another winter... I know NH isn't different weather wise but will be closer to my Mom etc so I can see her more often and won't be hindered by the weather as much.

Stay warm and safe everyone!

heahyou00 02-05-2014 04:18 PM

Has anyone else downloaded the SB app for your phone? I love it!! Just got it today and it has a log where you can load in your food and it keeps track of everything, you can put in your weight and your goal weight and height, it even has a ton of recipes!! Cant wait to look at it all :)

Kelly

Radmom413 02-06-2014 04:22 AM

Thursday and it's been a long week! Ugh!

DGS's dedication this weekend and it's going to be a busy one.

Meeting with nurse tomorrow and weighin.....anxious to see if I have any results.
I am watching carbs, portions, ingredients, upped the veggies, and eating some fruits, changed my work outs, incorporating some strength training (although it's only been a week). I damn well better see something!!!!

wiz 02-06-2014 05:56 AM

Good morning all!

Back from a short (driving) business trip. I woke up yesterday to 6 inches of snow on my car in the hotel parking lot, plus a nice layer of ice on top. :annoyed: Thinking ahead, I brought snow boots, jeans and a hoodie to wear while cleaning off my car. I cannot imagine how wet I would have been if I had to clean off my car wearing the skirt and blazer I had for my meeting!!

Eating wasn't bad with the exception of a Creme Brulee that was served at our group dinner. It was just too good to resist. Loved every darn calorie of it. :o

We leave for Belgium on Saturday night! Antwerp for my business meeting, then onto Brussels for 2 vacation days. Back next Saturday. Do you know what the 3 big culinary delights are in Belgium?? Chocolate, beer and frites (french fires). UH OH!! :laugh:

Cindy, hope you get some good results from the Nurse today. And yes, I would love the avocado vinaigrette recipe.

Kelly, thanks for the heads up on that SB app. That sounds really good.

Tina, what a bummer for your husband!

Neesie, good luck on the house sale. Has the market in your area improved at all? Things around us are selling a lot faster than they were a year ago.

Luisa, not sure if you will check in but I saw your foot on FB!! Yikes!!

Time to get to work!!

heahyou00 02-06-2014 09:50 AM

Good Morning,
Big storm supposed to hit here today around noon, everyone at my office is leaving around 11 or 1130 so we can get home before it hits. There was already a 20 car pile up on the freeway which has shut it down just south of us! Crazy stuff. I will work from home the rest of the day and prob stay home tomorrow too :)

Weight was the same this morning. Made some awesome stuffed peppers last night. We also watched Dallas Buyers Club, its an amazing movie if you guys have a chance to watch it!!

Michaels boys school already cancelled for today and prob will tomorrow too! Gonna be a lazy weekend, snowed in with movies and I am ok with that!

Here is todays menu:

b- cheesecake fluff
s- deviled eggs
l- leftover stuffed peppers
s- pork rinds and cheese dip
d- spicy italian pork chops and sauted squash

Kelly

luisafernanda 02-07-2014 12:04 AM

:hiya:

I feel like 2014 so far has been a giant conspiracy to keep me off plan. This time it's my foot (as most of you probably saw on FB). I have a cast on my left foot to immobilize it, and it's very painful, even though nothing appears to be broken. I am getting around (mostly moving from computer to couch to bathroom to bed) on crutches, very haltingly. I will be off work until next Weds. at the very minimum, and have to go to yet another doctor today (cast was put on at the ER and I saw my family doctor yesterday evening) because it was work related.

Meanwhile, I have to depend on my DH for my meals, and since his repertoire is VERY limited, so far it's been rotisserie chicken and fries, sandwiches and omelettes. I hope to be able to get into the kitchen myself to at least make a salad, but right now I just can't. :(

Kelly - enjoy the snow and stay safe!

Wiz - Frites with mayo! :love: Have a great trip!

Cindy - good luck with the weigh-in! :aprayer:

Tina - you stay safe, too! Hope your new amount of meds works for you.

:hiya: to everyone I missed.

Hope you all have a great day and a great weekend! :)

Radmom413 02-07-2014 04:22 AM

Luisa; oh no! What happened!

Kelly - stay safe! I don't want snow, but would love to have a snow day!

Wiz - I love chocolate, beer and frites! :laugh:

Well, weigh in is today. Ugh. I am struggling with all of this as I feel like I am doing everything she has told me to do. Maybe it will be a big swoosh sometime.....I told DH last night, it's not like I want to lose a ton of weight. I want to tone up, which I am working on, changed up my workouts, and am following her eating advice. I would be happy with even 5 lbs for right now. I will let you know!!!

Fingers crossed!

wiz 02-07-2014 06:52 AM

Good morning!

It's been a good eating week, but I forgot (seriously) to weigh in this morning before I ate/drank anything. So I'll see where things stand tomorrow before I leave on my trip.

Kelly, I love stuffed peppers. I make them all different ways!

Luisa, While Joe is pretty good in the kitchen, I don't think I would want to rely on him long term. :laugh: I feel for you....

Cindy, I am SO with you. I just want to see some signs of improvement. It doesn't have to be life-changing, but I want to see things going in the right direction. Good luck to you!! :hugs:

I don't think I will have time to check in again before I leave, so TGIF!! Have a good weekend and the next time you hear from me, I will hopefully be in Antwerp! :cool:

tinatina 02-07-2014 07:11 AM

Morning Beachers!

No exercise this morning! Might make it a rest day and work out on Sat and Sun this weekend. Only 2 ish more lbs til I'm back at my pre holiday weight and in a new decade! Exciting stuff.

Our weather has been just nasty. I bet our kids haven't had school more than 10 days so far this year. We had an ice storm day before yesterday. So yesterday DS goes outside and falls on our porch steps. Thanksfully nothing broken on him, but his arse is pretty sore and the doctor told him to take it easy so he doesnt develop bursitis. Gonna be a rough day trying to sit at school today.

DH was released to go back to work next week as tolerated. Even with the cast on, so thats good news.

Cindy and Kel - I need a snow day WITH NO SNOW, so I just put in a request to take off on the 17the! Might work on some small home projects.

I did finally get all of my chairs (except the spare ones) painted, distressed and poly'd. I love how it looks!

Wiz -Enjoy Germany with your DH. Do you speak any different languages? (JW since you visit so many foreign countries :))

Luisa - Hope your foot heals quickly! Was the snowshoe thing fun up until that point of getting hurt? I really hope the new med dose takes care of all of this hair falling out before I end up totally bald!

Cindy - I hope you got the results you wanted from the nurse!

TGIF Beachers!

heahyou00 02-07-2014 07:46 AM

Hi Girls,
We are officially snowed in!! We are both working from home and cant even make it to go pick up Michaels boys for the weekend, they live on top of a huge hill and there is no way either one of our cars would make it :( So just the two of us, just gonna watch movies and maybe some of the olympics and stay warm. I plan on doing a bunch of baking/cooking. I have some more new recipes to try :) Making a turkey/broccoli casserole among other things.

We have another storm rolling in around 4pm today, round 2 and its supposed to dump another 4 inches on us, we have prob close to 10 right now! All schools are cancelled obviously.

My weight was back to siggy this morning :)

Wiz- Have a great trip!

Cindy- Let us know how the weigh in goes~

Luisa- Sorry about your foot, that has to be the pits!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kelly

luisafernanda 02-07-2014 11:43 PM

Hi everyone,

The new doc I saw yesterday took off my cast (hurray) and put on an elastic bandage. It is much less uncomfortable and I slept really well last night. (Of course, I think my painkillers make me drowsy, too, because I dozed on the couch off and on yesterday). I have to go back on the 13th to see if I'm allowed to go back to work.

Cindy - I fell and wiped out my left foot when I was on a field trip with some of my students (hiking on snowshoes in the mountains). How did your weigh-in go?

Tina - It was fun and it has to be really great exercise, because I sure worked up a sweat. However, I think I'll stick to hiking without the snowshoes in the future, even though that rules out the mountain paths in the winter. I think I fell because I stepped on one snowshoe with the other when I was on the up-slope of the ditch, couldn't lift the stepped-on foot, and just sort of toppled over into the ditch. Yeah, I'm a klutz. :p :rolleyes: Glad your DH can go back to work, and hope your DS is ok! :(

Kelly - Enjoy your snow days! Sounds like you have a good plan. :)

Wiz - Can't wait to hear about your trip! Have fun!

I am going to make a shopping list of easy stuff my DH should be able to handle, like baked chicken and broiled salmon, steak, etc. Yesterday I had him slice some tomatoes for me (he actually brought me the bowl of tomatoes from the kitchen so I could pick out which ones I wanted, lol) and I had him bring me a couple of clementines, so I am getting closer to eating better. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

Radmom413 02-08-2014 05:35 AM

Morning!

Oh no, Luisa! I didn't know that! Hoping you recover quickly!

I am down! YAY!!!!!! She said I am doing great, doing it the right way and if I take it off this way, making these changes, I should keep it off. It's coming off slow, mind you, but she said that's the way to do it - as we know! My goal next week is to work on changing up my work out, and to watch my carbs, eat nuts, lol, and drink my water!!!

Lots to do today, so off and running..............

Radmom413 02-10-2014 04:28 AM

Morning!

Another week in paradise! :hyst:

I was very impressed with the church that DD and DSIL go to. So much so, that I would consider going there - basically it consisted of several very uplifting songs, time for prayer, a sermon by the pastor and that was it. Young team, but lots of ages in the congregation. I was touched to say the least.

Nice time at DD's - everyone stayed until 1, and DD24 and DSIL had to go to his house to talk to his parents - not sure what happened or what was said - they went there for 2 and didn't get on the road to Milwaukee until 5:30.:eek: Anxious to hear what was talked about - DSIL wrote them a letter, supposedly they wrote him one and then they read them to each other. I am glad DD went with him - I thought they may gang up on him.

Eating was a little off yesterday, but brunch was vegan and I didn't eat much at all - pancakes (2) Hashbrown patty's (1) fruit, vegan blueberry bar, coffee and a small bloody Mary. I did have two small left over pieces of pizza for lunch. I was hungry. Then a small steak, salad and spaghetti squash for dinner.

I meet with trainer this week. I really do wish I could fit a class in. Thinking maybe when it warms up I may look for a boot camp in the morning for spring/summer.....something I could go to before work. We will see.

Off to work.............

tinatina 02-10-2014 05:36 AM

Morning Beachers!

Really good eating weekend! I even managed to lose a bit! I finally got my hair done! OMG the grays!

Biked for an hour this morning. been biking more lately cuz I like reading when I'm biking!

I made jalepeno popper chicken for dinner yesterday! NOONE was home to eat it! Dang family. It was really awesome though. We are having the leftovers tonight!

Cindy - I'd really like to do a boot camp! I think they'd be interesting!

Luisa - Glad your cast is gone!

Kel - It snowed all day yesterday here also.

Wiz - Have a great trip!

Gotta get to work! Lets get this week started on right!

heahyou00 02-10-2014 09:44 AM

Hi Girls,
Going stir crazy here!! I have about ran outta groceries and have found myself eating junk out of boredom :( I got on the scales this morning and was back up to 199, its like a damn cycle!! We are supposed to warm up today so everything should melt off and I can finally drive again and get outta the damn house! Im working from home again today and havent driven since Thursday :(

I did get up and start week 6 of T25 though, although I wonder if its just a waste since I cant seem to get my eating in check, but none the less I worked out anyway! Would be nice to see some new numbers on the scale this week!

Here is todays menu:

b- low carb bfast burrito
l- broccoli/turkey casserole
s- protein shake
d- bacon cheeseburger, no bun

Kelly

Radmom413 02-11-2014 04:10 AM

Oh Kelly - that would drive me nuts too. Hang in there and do not give up!

Tina - great job!!! Wish you were here, we could do one together!

I can't wait to meet with the Trainer. Hoping our meeting is better this time since the nurse referred me. The last time I met with her she was very condescending and really didn't want to help me......she's all about classes and the younger folks....:rolleyes:. I was a little nervous when we got the younger NURSE over the one my age - on a regular basis, but I LOVE her. Hoping the trainer's attitude has changed.

Off to work......

heahyou00 02-11-2014 10:39 AM

Hi Girls,
Well I finally made it to work! I should have stayed home though cause lil man is sick, he either has a cold in his eye or pink eye. The babysitter agreed to watch him though, but I didnt send him to school, it was delayed anyway cause of weather. But he is supposed to start his swim lessons tonight, I will be bummed if he cant go! Im hoping the medicated drops today will help him. We shall see.

Weight was the same today 199 :( This is getting frustrating that I am not seeing much movement on the scales, this is week 6 now and I have lost what like 7 pds? Thats rough for me cause I am used to so much more in the past when I have stuck to plan. I am going to stick with it though and not give up.

I desperatly need to do major grocery shopping, but need to wait till payday on Friday. I will make due with what we have for now.

Here is todays menu:

b- 2 eggs w/ sausage
s- sf latte
l- turkey and noodles (LC noodles)
s- deviled egg
d- BBQ chicken and Garlic/parm broccoli

Kelly

Radmom413 02-12-2014 04:14 AM

Lots of stuff going on - if it's not one thing, it's another.
Details, later!