Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 04:28 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Mk where did u get urs at?
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #122
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Becky - you mean the keyboard? Brookstone.

Cindy - they'll take the puppy with them later, right?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #123
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
MK- yes.
M will take Lola now - too much having two dogs alone.

Bitter cold again here but! It's sunny!!!!!!!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:18 AM   #124
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Travel day. Had good time on this trip.love La Jolla area.

DH found his keyboard/cover online through Amazon. For iPad. Not for Kindle or Nook.

We are planning next trip with cousins for July. Going to Lake Placid for 4 nights. Spending one night in Albany to break up long ride.

Will see hubby's first cousins in St. Augustine after convention beginning of April. This is cousin we have been with without her husband and two kher female cousins who live in Florida. Their moms all sisters. Sharon has a house in St. Augustine so spending three nights there after convention where we will be Saturday-Wednesday.

Isabella called us last night. My son said she got upset at bedtime and cried for us. So she called us and all was fine. Seeing them tomorrow.

Plane gets us home around 7:30. Go back to work Monday.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #125

All my posts have been on my phone. Have wifi in airport but kind of slow.

Our plane leaves in a few hours. DS likes to get to airport so here we sit. Then we have a 5.5 hour flight to Baltimore.

Plan is to run tomorrow with a group of friends. Guess oldest son which means Isabella is coming over tomorrow to get things from basement. I really need to grocery shop and plan some meals and do some cooking tomorrow plus catch up on laundry. Will get home early enough today to get that started.

Guess I will do some reading. Tons of books on Kindle.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #126

We are home. I unpacked. Laundry in.

Running tomorrow so need to get up early. Meeting a bunch of running friends at 7:30 but a good 30 minute ride to downtown Bethesda even though only like a 15 mile ride. Lots of lights and speed cameras.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #127
Princess Proofreader

Glad you're back safely Debbie!!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 AM   #128
Queen Bargain Shopper

Yay, Debbie's home!

Something wrong with laptop, so back it goes to IT guy. Was stuck doing updates, now says failure to do something..... Too hard to type on ipad......I need a keyboard lol.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:48 AM   #129
Queen Bargain Shopper

Everyone must have been busy yesterday! No chatting!

Last week of Feb!
M is home today into tomorrow and other than that nothing going on this week. I am taking Artie while R goes to FL and back. Booked my trip down....4/10-4/14!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:55 AM   #130

Glad you booked your trip Cindy.

I skipped the gym. Needed to rest today after running yesterday. Going to work 11-7.

Billy, Mirsa and Isabella came over yesterday. Made pasta for dinner. Isabella didn't eat accept a cookie and milk. They took her for her 3 year old photos yesterday.

Next Tuesday-Thursday I am going to Fort Lauderdale with Don. He has a short conference.

I think I never adjusted to time change in California. I was tired and falling asleep at 8 last night.

Time to get ready for work.

Back on eating plan. Better see the damage I did on scale. I feel the same.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Should be a good time for a trip to FL Cindy. And get Way from our chill. It can still be cold on April. I never warm up til late June

Got my nails done. I took them off at holiday time. I think it's good to let them breathe for a bit. Just me.

I have a 300 doc appt today. John has one too at a different doc. Gracie does too. Alyssa has an eye appt at 130 I think at children's. We are heavy on the copays today
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #132
Princess Proofreader

Exercised, meeting, dog walk, yoga, dinner, .. . .
Alone with the dog since DH went to bed about 7:30.
Sigh.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 AM   #133
Queen Bargain Shopper

Morning!

Nice dinner with all last night, and M and I factimed with R. He was packing up.
Sounds like she could be without her "stuff" for quite a while, as they movers could be there anytime from this weekend to like 7 days out. She is preparing with their queen airmattress and bedding.....it makes me sad though. I will get through this, lol. And I keep reminding myself she is down here by herself, for four months. She said she is looking forward to a new beginning, she feels she can use the time to get acclimated, get comfortable, through the probationary period of a new job, and then by the time R gets down there, she will be able to deal with him and his separation issues.

Can you believe DH still has not called? I cannot even believe it and don't even know what to do anymore. I think I want to call the doctor's office and say - you know, I know you can't tell me anything, but will you please call my husband and tell him what is going on. I think it's pathetic they haven't tried calling him!!!

Becky - I had nails for about 15 years - never took them off. I don't know that I would ever go back - other than not having to think about my nails for 3 weeks.....I am still working on getting them back to healthy - I am almost there after a year and a half. It would have been sooner, but last spring started getting shellac and did that from like April through M's wedding and that was just as bad. I have enjoyed polishing with all the fun colors out there.....now I am not only a makeup junkie, but a nail polish junkie too! Right now I am into the matte top coat and love the look......

Debbie - I can't believe Isabella is three - just seems like she was born yesterday and now they are having #2! It's nice you can go on these trips with Don - and warm places as well!!! How the heck did you hurt your knee?

MK - did you find something to do? What time do YOU go to bed?

Hi Kelly, Jenn!

I am off and running today - will work out, M and I need to go to Ulta, Target, Kinkos - she had a friend do a drawing of she and R, and then one of S, A & F as a gift....they are so cute - I will have to take a pic of those....she is framing them. I think she will head back late this afternoon to get home by dinner hour and before dark - she wanted to stay overnight, but they have a showing or two tonight and she feels like she should be there with R......

I could go on and on these days....sorry for lamenting, I appreciate you all being there for me.....even if it's just to let me lament.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 02-25-2014, 04:43 AM   #134

Cindy, lament all you want. I know it was hard for me when my boys went to college. Plus I didn't want to call them as they needed to be on their own. I would email and pray they would call.

I hurt my knee falling on a sidewalk. I went out running Thursday morning and approximately half a mile from the hotel I went down landing on my right side. My right knee has around 4-5 abrasions. I also have two on my right palm. One is deep. The other almost gone. I kept running wiping the blood off my knee. I had pain since it happened but it got worse. I had been putting neosporin on it with big bandaids. It got red and started really throbbing around Saturday or Sunday. Today less red but still hurts. Really just one of the abrasions on my knee is not healing. The others are.

I have to get tax stuff together so we can get that done. I have health care spending to submit. I am sure I have over $1000 to get back. I have tons of work related things to do. I came home to a list. The staff meeting was taped and I have to listen. Plus I need to plan some meals and do some cooking. I will skip my runs and hope I feel good enough to run Saturday.

I have now taken 3 doses of antibiotic. I should not get worse. We always say if a person gets worse on oral antibiotics it buys a admission for IV antibiotics. I am no worse. I may be slightly better as it hadn't gotten redder or more swollen.

So much for me....

I have been away and busy catching up.

Hugs to Cindy!!! You will see Melissa again soon. Glad you made reservations to go there.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #135
Queen Bargain Shopper

wow Debbie; sounds like you took a tumble.
Now listen to your own words of advice to others!

I am still sitting here having ANOTHER cup of coffee and playing. I need to get my work out in, but may wait and do it later......
Old 02-25-2014, 05:22 AM   #136

I ran Saturday but not since. Probably doing almost 10 miles didn't help me.

Still in bed but need to get moving.

Dinner ideas?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-
I'm skipping yoga today, my stomach is still a little off after eating junk Saturday at lunch time. Doing that occasionally reminds me of why I almost never eat junk anymore. I think I will pop my headphones in and go for a walk though. I bought a very interesting bible study that I've been listening to when I walk or run.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday on the computer since I had to finish an online traffic school. I got a ticket back in the fall for going "over 65" on the freeway. If you've ever driven in SoCal (when its not rush hour and nothing moves) you would know that meant as DS16 put it I was the slowest car on the road when I got stopped. Anyway, traffic school is done, once the DMV gets that I'll pay the fine and it isn't supposed to hit my insurance.

DS20 skyped us last night, any guesses what he wanted? (It is always nice to see his face regardless)

Cindy, hang in there! It really sounds like the move will be good for you DD and DSIL as a couple since his family is so smothering.
When we moved across the country we did a self pack thing where the company dropped a semi in the driveway, DH and his friends packed all of our stuff into it and then the company picked it up, drove it here, and we unpacked on the other end. We spent a couple of days with family and then we drove, we got here the same day as the semi to unpack and DH is very focused so we got most of it unpacked (and the beds set up) the first day, I think they gave us 3 days to unpack it.
Since she's going on her own at first its good that she'll have movers!

Debbie, I hope your knee heals with the antibiotics!
Can you listen to the staff meeting while you do other stuff?

MK, is your DH feeling okay or still wiped out from the last round of chemo? I would think it would take time to recover!

Becky, my nails are awful, I tend to just keep them short. I like to play in the yard and nice nails and weeding don't really go together very well. I have cute blue glitter toenails right now though.
(We had an expensive weekend too, DS16 had an eye exam and needed new glasses. He wears trifocals and they are pricey! He has contacts for school and the eye dr wanted him to have readers there. But, he did at least change his contacts to a less expensive lens)

Jenn & Kaye,

It was really nice to chat with Debbie when she was here. You know she's a good person because even Gray Puffball (who usually hides from all strangers) graced us with her presence while Debbie was here.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, my dinner plans for the next 2 nights are from Dana C. cookbooks. Tonight is "unstuffed cabbage" from her 15 min. cookbook and tomorrow is southwestern BBQ from the cookbook you have. (It says it makes 6 servings at 215 calories and 2g carbs) I don't have the other one in front of me, but its beef so the calories will be higher and its veggie heavy so the carbs will be higher too.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #139

I make unstuffed pepper recipe but gives med gassy stomach so stopped eating.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #140
Princess Proofreader

hi!

Kelly - I'm so glad you and Debbie had a nice visit - with Gray Puffball too!
And I'm with you - short nails, no polish. I get a manicure twice a year, maybe, but only buffing - still no polish - but i do all the other fun mani things!
I get a pedi once a month - it really helps my heels from looking dry and icky!

DH is probably tired from chemo and driving all over the state doing performance reviews for his people. I think they could come to him, or meet 1/2 way, or something!

Debbie - glad you're healing!!

Cindy - it's going to be an adjustment for sure ( for both of you) but April will be here soon and she'll be warm and toasty soon - so jealous!!

I go to bed about 10:00 - so it's a long evening - every.single.night.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 02-26-2014, 04:14 AM   #141
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wednesday.
Ugh - don't want to go to work.

However, I have days off every week for the next couple weeks. Did I tell you I am back up for DGS for daycare when his provider is on spring break? DSIL and I are sharing the 10 days.....I have four of the 6!

MK - DH goes to bed early every night?

I am hanging in there - really putting things in perspective helps. Sheesh - she's just moving to FL, not Europe......and it's a good thing! And I told her I want to meet her boss SO bad. I am hoping I get the chance next month. She is like a celebrity to me.....google her and take a look at her company.....Anna Bond, Rifle Paper Co.

Funny, I NEVER go without polish......only on weekends when I am in between polish changes!

Soup and Salad day at work today and I am bringing the salad!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:20 AM   #142

No nail polish here. Nurses are told they can't have acrylic nails. I hate chips and nails that aren't perfect. Gel last longer but it is harder on my nails. I get polish for special occasions. I will get it before the convention the end of March. My toes are way over due.

Cindy, think about your daughter in college. You didn't see her for weeks or months at a time. Remember we call college kids campers. Your daughter is at camp.

Snowing here. Not too cold. Maybe 30.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:30 AM   #143
Queen Bargain Shopper

Lol, on the campers!

But Debbie - she was different; I saw her all the time when she was in college.....The most we went without seeing each other was probably 6 weeks, and that was very rare. This will be very different for all of us.

This makes me nervous, but maybe because I am "old", lol. The movers may not be there for a week as they are a part of a bigger load, so she is planning on that. Hoping she gets stuff done while DSIL is there but he leaves Monday. She starts work Wednesday. Still waiting to find out what her co will pay for with the move......DH and I are like -you still don't know? She's not worried about it. Her boss just flew to London for fashion week as she is doing a collab with Garance Dore', so who knows when she will be back. I guess this is her thing now, right?

Cold again today and through the weekend. So.tired.of.the.cold. SHEESH!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:30 AM   #144

Was up at 4 but did go back to sleep.

I just didn't sleep well.

Cindy, you can FaceTime and talk on the phone. It isn't the same but helps. I would plan a trip every 8-10 weeks if you can swing it. Watch for good deals on flights.

I am lucky. My boys aren't going anywhere.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm puttering around the house today. Our rain finally came. I do need to run to the grocery store and post office, but I feel really bad kicking my spoiled kitty out in the rain. She probably wouldn't move if I left her inside, but still...

My "carload" of boys to the girls water polo game last night ended up only being DS16 and one more kid because of homework and other things that parents felt were more important. DS16 really wanted to go, so he actually did things over the weekend that were longer assignments due toward the end of the week. It was a really exciting game even if we did end up losing in the last 30 seconds by ONE goal. The girls played their hearts out! The boys were funny in the car on the way home. Boys can be so goofy!

MK, my toenails usually have polish but I don't always go get a pedi. I do take care of my heels and load up on lotion though since I spend a lot of time barefoot or in sandals. DS16 and I are going to my parents for part of spring break, my mom and I usually go get pedis together. I like to take my nieces too, but they'll have school every day. Pretty much I tend to only get a manicure for special occasions.

Cindy, it will be a big change, but your sweet DGS will help ALOT! Skype is great and it helps too! She will have a great adventure and I'm sure moving away from the family that smothers will help their marriage too! I know it was good for us to have to depend on each other.

Debbie, I woke up at 4 this morning too, but fell back asleep and had an awful time dragging out of bed when the alarm actually went off.

Jenn,

Kaye, thought I would tell you, I saw something on some blog somewhere about oil pulling helping with tartar buildup. Anyway, I know you have dental issues, I get icky tartar on the back of my front bottom teeth and I hate getting it scraped off. So, I decided to try this for a week and if it worked great, if not, no big deal. So after a week of swishing coconut oil in my mouth for 10-15 mins. followed by immediate flossing and brushing I have noticeably less tartar. It didn't just fall off immediately like the blogger person said hers did, but that's okay, cause that would have been gross anyway! My teeth and gums seem a little less sensitive too.

Becky, I hope everything is okay!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #146
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - Exactly!!! But i know how you feel - sending DS21 off to Rome was hard.
DD27 to Aspen . . .

But it's good for them!
You moved away from your parents, it's their turn!!

And yes, she's your newest camper!

DH goes to bed early every.single.night.

Kelly - I usually get my semi manicure for Thanksgiving and Easter.
I have mine scheduled in April.

Getting my toenails done really helps my heels - or the paraffin dip does!!

And the coconut oil sounds

Debbie - you are lucky!!!

It's 11 degrees here.
I'm tired of being cold!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 AM   #147

Semi manicure???

I am lucky but just because they live close doesn't mean I see them all the time. They have their lives and we are busy too. We have to make time. My work schedule gets in the way. My husband is seeing Isabella Sunday and their going to see Frozen then to the cup cake store. I will be down the road 3 miles at work. Maybe they can come see me after.

Awake during the night and now since 4:30.

Supposed to meet friends for happy hour after work. That is if they are still there when I get off work. If not Don will go and bring dinner home for me. Told him to bring me salmon and veggies.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:37 AM   #148
Queen Bargain Shopper

TGIF!

Our family is very, very close, so for us to not see each other regularly, is very unusual. DD here in town and I make sure we see each other AT LEAST once a week. Even more so now with DGS. DDs and I literally are BFF's. DDs are BFFs. I know some people don't think they should be BFF's with their kids, but DDs and I do. We won't be able to make our quick trips down to Milwaukee or DD home at the drop of a hat, so that is why we all will need to work on this

And you are all right - we did raise our kids to be strong independent women, and I couldn't be prouder of DD......and if anyone was to do this, it was DD24. She also, is nervous about this, especially with DSIL not going down with her right now, so this is an adjustment for them too. I think that is where my worry lies the most.

Work is busy - trying to adjust the new normal with my previous coworker, and friend, now as my supervisor. We have performance reviews starting next week, and it's in a new format and we are all struggling. My biggest obstacle is goal setting for the next year......ugh.

Weather horrid still and still cold till at least mid next week.

Not sure what is up for the weekend - DD and DSIL would like to do some major cleaning and rearranging at home so asked if we would take DGS for a couple hours. You know I won't turn that down!

Last edited by Radmom413; 02-28-2014 at 03:39 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 04:00 AM   #149

Our family is close too but they all have their jobs, family and we can't always get together. I probably see my oldest the most and youngest second. My middle son's wife bothers me. I speak to him often but have trouble being around her still. Michael and Sarah live the closest and drop by often. My oldest is a good 35-40 minutes away. They get home from work around 6:30. I try to see them Saturdays but they often have things to do. She has a huge family I have to share.

I wish I didn't work Sundays because weekends are when I usually see my kids.

I am off next weekend so hopefully we can have them all for dinner next Sunday.
It is hard with middle son because his wife is something else. I have to learn to accept her but I still can't get over her nasty FB post.

I talk to them all often. It is different with sons I guess. I have to share.

When I go to Florida Tuesday I am driving to Palm Beach Gardens to see my mom Wednesday. We get there Tuesday 1030 and leave Thursday afternoon. I get to see my mom but only till around 4:30. Fort Lauderdale is an hour away but with traffic I need to plan more time. I have to be back for business dinner with DH. I will get up early Wednesday and try to leave by 7.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Cindy, I do totally understand, even though we were an hour or so from my parents before we moved here we saw everyone at least every other weekend if not more often than that. My mom would come down all the time during the week to just hang out with me and the boys. I'm glad we had that time when the boys were little and they are really close to their grandparents. It was REALLY scary moving so far away but my mom was so upset over us moving that I couldn't tell her that and that would have helped me a lot!
Even with DS20 being on the opposite coast we talk several times a week and we are really good friends, so I get where you are coming from. I miss having him here, but I love it when my phone "barks" since that's what his little brother set as his ring tone. DS16 still needs heavy handed parenting but we are able to have loads of fun too. (and yes, boys are very different!)

MK, the coconut oil thing is weird, but not really gross. You don't swallow it, you spit it out in the trash since it will stop up your drains. Supposedly it's takes all sorts of yucky stuff out of your mouth when you spit it out. So, it's kinda like coconut mouthwash.

I keep a pumice in my bathroom and use it frequently on my heels, it helps, but the pedicure helps a lot more!

Debbie, sometimes metro areas are tough with the traffic. It might not be far, but...
We're finally getting our rain this weekend, everyone is happy to see it, but I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere because people don't know how to drive with any sort of weather other than fog here. I was happy to turn off the sprinklers this week.