Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Regional Championship today! So excited! The girls played a great game last night!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I am actually surprised after yesterday that the scale didn't drop, well, it did, but just a smidge. I was 203.2 (203 once).. so it IS a new low by a hair... but after such a carbless day and cleaning a two story house for 5 hours yesterday I thought it would be more! Regardless, I FEEL and LOOK much smaller so I am happy! I made it through the day without cheats. The sugar cravings are gone today thank goodness.

I am mad at Nabisco!!! Oreo's are a huge temptation for me... and of COURSE not only do they come out with those heavenly crispy treat Oreo's, but now they have LEMON Oreo's! AND they have all these new Chip's Ahoy flavors as well! (chocolate chip mint, dulce de leche, root beer float, and mocha chunk). Darn them! I did buy the root beer cookies for my DS23 and I didn't even taste a crumb. I told my DD19 about the lemon cookies (knowing how much she loves other lemon cookies) and she bought some.. I smelled them but did not taste! No way am I undoing all the hard work (and money spent on all this healthy food) for a few minutes of yum. It can wait. I hate to admit, I am stocking up on the crispy treat Oreo's because they are "limited edition" so they say and they sell out quick!

Beth: That has to be a huge relief being done with the IRS thing.. that had to be stressful.

Charlene: Yes, the cinnamon helps eating a sweet potato when you can use any butter! Good luck to the girls today!

Niki: Where are you? Are you feeling better?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Hello all,

Goodness gracious the weeks are flying by. I still don't feel so well and I thing both my ears are infected. I can't hardly hear a thing and when I blow my nose, they both really hurt. TMI, I know.

The other day, I decided to go on a hike since I felt guilty that we are on vacation and all I do is sleep in the hotel room. The first part was pretty good, then I felt like sprawling out on the trail and waiting for someone to carry me back down to the car. That day most likely set me back.

I had my phone interview with a school I've been trying to get into. I got in! I was a bit surprised since I wanted them to accept ALL of my previous classes and I coughed and hacked throughout the interview. One of the board members kept asking me if I wanted to reschedule the interview. Boy, were they matter of fact. And boy, can I talk. I finally got the jist of the interview questions and just made 3 or 4 minute answers without trying to carry on a friendly dialog.

My eating has been so, so. I am not eating very much, but what I eat is not at all on the diet. I actually cannot wait to get back home to be on a routine again and stand on my trusty scales.

Diane, sounds like you new WOE is working. I hear ya on the Nabisco front. My favorite cookie is a mystic mint. My dad used to get a glass of milk and a whole row of Oreos and dunk and eat them almost every night. I definitely have a learned behavior that is not good.

Beth, so good to hear about the IRS. Whew!
I'm dealing with the IRS and I don't think mine will go as well as yours.

Charlene, did you find a toy truck? That's so funny! What position does you DD play? BB. Is dear to my heart; I played through high school and college. Good luck to you and your DD.

I ought to get up and do sooomethinnng today. Have a great weekend every one!
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Made it to the gym yesterday.. did 30 mins on the recumbent bike, and some weight machines. I was actually IN Starbucks to meet my friend before the gym, and I ordered NOTHING. Yay me! I think the first thing I have when I get off the 28 days, is a frappucino! I'm not going ape and start adding back in all kinds of dairy and sugar.. I think I am going to keep eating this way for the most part but add back in a few things now and then.

Well, I am down another lb. to 202.2. That makes 8 lbs so far in a week and a half! After the past two days of low carb/low fat/high protein, I was SURE I would lose more than the 1.2 lbs that I did, but like I have said before I FEEL and LOOK smaller, so I am sure the scale will catch up. Yesterday I didn't eat as much as I was supposed to, nor did I drink all my water. I was busy with Meadow and the only veggie I got in was a dill pickle spear! Oops! I really wasn't hungry all day.. I just had meat and a few hard boiled egg whites. I took Meadow to the movies and I didn't eat or drink anything.. just chewed gum!

Today is yum day 1! Just had a breakfast burrito with scrambled egg, green pepper, tomato, and avocado, and cherries on the side. Mmmm mmm. Later I am making chili which will be good for phase 3 and phase 1 (you just leave off the avocado for phase 1). I am also going to make some goodies.. all it is, is Xylitol, coconut oil, and unsweetened cocoa powder.. you heat it up and then freeze it it muffin tins! I can't wait to try it.

Niki: Sorry you are still sick! Years ago I had some kind of evil thing, I don't even know what, but at some point both of my ears were so plugged up, I was so miserable! I don't know how many boxes of cold medicine I went through. It is hard to stick to a diet when you are sick.. yeah, you might eat less, but sometimes I want to go for comfort foods instead! Man, I have been exposed to so many things lately I hope I don't get sick. Congrats on getting in the school! AND for getting through the phone interview while sick! ... Yeah, those crispy treat Oreo's are the best thing they have come out with since the mint Oreo's.

Beth: Everything ok? I saw your post on facebook about the other shoe dropping...

Charlene: How were the regional championships?
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning all!

Boy am I sore after my massage yesterday. But it sure felt good. The band drama continues with the band leader stepping down to focus on booking gigs and the guitar player acting as the leader. This is the guy that always has some crisis in his life, shows up late, and we are always rescheduling stuff around his kids social life. I'm not happy about it. I'm concerned that he won't have the time or commitment to do what it takes. I hear a lot of talk, but I don't always see the action. I think his intentions are sound and he is a good communicator, but there is always something going on. He's the guy that would be late because a horse trailer full of elks driven by a band of clowns broke down and stampeded his house with the local giraffes. He is also the guy that always gets there and performed two weeks after major neck surgery.

Niki--sounds like you need to head to the doctor. Ear infections are nothing to sneeze at (pardon the pun). Don't beat up on yourself for not doing all sorts of activities because you're sick. You're sick and you need to rest to get better. And it takes us longer to recover once we get sick. You're doing the best you can. Congrats on getting into the school that you want. What will you be studying?

Charlene--Congrats to your DD! Fun stuff. When I was in high school our BB team (only male teams back in those days) went to the state playoff and came in 3rd. It was a big deal. And I was dating the only sophomore on the team.

Diane--you're doing great. You'll be in onderland in no time. Your breakfast sounds awesome.

Not sure what I'm going to be doing today. Have a good day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

201.8! Two more lbs and I'll be in the land of ONEder! Just barely, but I'll be there! Hopefully sometime this week! I LOVE being able to eat chili on this diet, and I have fallen in love with fresh cherries, but they are getting hard to find in the stores these days. I haven't done AS well the past two days.. I didn't cheat at all, but I left out a few veggie servings and didn't drink enough water. Scale still down so I guess it's ok.

Not even two weeks in to this and already I feel I can HIGHLY recommend the Fast Metabolism Diet. You guys know how long I struggled and went up and down with the same 5+ lbs. True, I didn't stick to a plan consistently, but even when I did, if I ate something I shouldn't have, the scale would shoot up. It shouldn't do that, and this diet should FIX that. It felt like nothing was really working like it used to.

It's amazing how much I can eat and lose, and it really works! I don't regularly watch Dr. Oz, but thank goodness I just happened to watch his show that day Haylie Pomroy was on talking about this diet! I am amazed at how much less belly I have.. in a certain pair of jeans, I was hanging out and constantly having to pull the jeans up over my gut. Not any more!

I am hoping to get to the gym today, but I still have to write a short speech... before tonight! TALK ABOUT PROCRASTINATION!

Beth: Trailer full of elks driven by clowns.... Sounds like my ex.. the drama, the being late, except it would have been HIS social life not his kids getting in the way! Hope it all works out!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:56 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale was the same this morning. I was really worried it would be up. I didn't cheat or anything, but I had a hard time drinking water yesterday.. and I wasn't hungry much all day, so it was hard to eat as well! Doing better today while at work. I am armed with everything I need and already down 24oz of water.

I got caught in traffic and was 5 mins. late for speech class, so I didn't get to do my speech, and the class was getting ready to play Jeopardy (the questions were all mid-term related).. it was pathetic! Hardly anyone in the class got any questions right! I know no one on my team for the game had studied! I got one right though when it was my turn The mid-term itself was multiple choice thank goodness! I DO have to give a speech next week WITH a Powerpoint and other visual aids. That takes some of the pressure off, because they will be looking at my cool Powerpoint more than me hopefully!

I'll check back in later to see if any of you stopped by!

Last edited by Annie64; 02-25-2014 at 07:57 AM..
Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Good morning all,

Well. This is my last full day of vacation. Tomorrow, I get on a plane back home. I am not looking foward to the plane ride with my ears that ar practically swollen shut. We flew on a small plane last week and they really hurt. Whine, whine.

When I get back home, it'll be strict lo carb! I actually want to do more research as to what you are doing, Diane. You seem to be losing weight and eating healthy too! Onederland is just right around the corner for you. You are doing soooo good!

Bethr, I've never had a massage but it sounds absolutely wonderful. So sorry to hear about all the drama with your guy in the band. Sometimes I wonder how much inconvenient a person can cause.

Beth and all, I am in med school in the Caribbean. There are a hand full that are US accredited and I started out at one in Antigua and now have transferred to another in Saint Vincent and the Grenidines. I'm rather excited since the cost of living is more doable. I wanted to stay in the states, but the competition is fierce even with my test scores and GPA. My age seemed to be a factor. I could have gone to a DO (doctor of osteopathy) school, but really wanted to be a MD. I will have another year and a half left in Saint Vincent and then will most likely be in either Scittsdale or Chicago for my rotations. I'm so excited but really, really need to lose more weight before next semester starts at the end of April.

Okay all, DH is staring at me. gotta run...have a great day!
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All!

We had a band meeting last night to clear the air. I'm not sure how much was resolved but at least it was put on the table. One of the vocalists quit. Working from home today. We have a nice rain storm coming in, expecting 3-6" of rain over the next few days. DH has to drive up to rehearsal tonight in the rain and in the rush hour traffic. I know he won't be happy about that.

Diane--I'm anxiously awaiting your trip to onederland, almost as much as you are.

Niki--holy cr@p--you go girl. Med school is awesome. I admire you going following your dream. BTW I know a few very good DOs. My orthopedic surgeon is one, as is the one DO I go to who practices traditional osteopathy. I hate to travel when my ears are stuffed. Landing is so painful. Are you heading back to NV or to someplace else?

Charlene--how the heck are you?

Have a good day all!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Howdy! Well, we lost the championship game in the regional tournament, but most likely to the state champs. They play for the championship tomorrow after winning their first game. Sad in a way - that would mean we've lost 2 years in a row to the state champs and last year we had beaten that team twice. Oh, well, such an opportunity for my dd who still has 2 years to play.

I had both my sisters together this past week and we have so enjoyed catching up and everyone got along so well. My younger sis is still struggling financially, so I'll be glad when she sells her house.

I JOINED A GYM YESTERDAY!!! DD15 wants to focus on being healthy so we got a couple membership. Haven't been a member since I left Anna 5 years ago. The elliptical was always my favorite and I could go an hour before I left. I thought 30 minutes was quite an accomplishment for being off it so long. My calves are SO SORE today though!

Today I attended a workshop out of town with a coworker and thankfully, he's recently lost 65 pounds, so it was no temptation at lunch to grab that lasagna. We both ate only the salad and green beans. Water intake has been good too!

Diane - I am so proud of you!!! You are rocking that new plan!!!

Beth - what you said about the new band leader - I LOL'd! We had days in the 20's and today and tomorrow in the 70's!!! Beautiful sunshine and thank goodness because dd15 runs a track meet tomorrow and she hates the cold. Then Sunday - back in the 20's

Niki - Are you home? Feeling any better? My dd plays a post position and she really came on strong toward the end of the season. Lots to look forward to in the next couple years. I haven't found a truck yet. I am looking online now so the girls can present him with it at the athletic banquet. hehehehe

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Up early for a track meet. If I don't have to leave too soon after dropping off dd15, I may get a quick workout in. If we have to leave, I may try to workout this evening. When I got out of bed this morning, my calves were like rocks - so tight and still hurt. I think some stretching is in store. lol

Have a great weekend!!!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:43 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I had a minor setback. I was doing great and then Wednesday I woke up feeling SO sluggish and tired (after a full night's sleep). The scale was up 1 lb at my two week mark, and I felt disappointed, but I was still down over 8 lbs, so I tried to focus on that. I wasn't really craving sugar, but my body was screaming for it (if that makes sense)! I stayed on my diet most of the morning, but I grazed the whole rest of the day, and had Chick-Fil-A for dinner. Oops. I felt like I was walking through mud all day. I think I may have been PMSing or something because I was grumpy and weepy. The sugar actually helped me feel better.. or more "balanced", I don't know, but the next day I felt back to normal and for the most part was on plan. My problem now is I am not stocked up on the right foods! It's rent week, so not a lot of money until next week. I think what I am going to do is stay on it as much as I can over the weekend, then start fresh on Monday. (by as much as I can, I mean eating healthy foods that are ON the diet, eating 3 meals and 2 snacks, but maybe not do the exact phases until Monday. Most people start on Monday because of how the phases go... this would put my low carb days on Wed and Thurs, and my good fat days would be F, S, Sun! I like that.

Obviously I am up a couple lbs.. no big deal, as I am still well below where I started! Today I am going to clean out my fridge, take stock of what I have, make a list of what I need and plan it out even better than before. After two solid weeks on the plan I thought I was golden! Then BOOM! Out of nowhere a sugar bomb blew up in my face!

We are expecting 6-12" of snow between Sun night and Mon! Oh dear Lord let this mean no speech class Monday night!!! I am SO not ready to give a speech. I certainly don't want THAT much snow, but just enough that my school closes!

Charlene: Yay for joining a gym! I love going, but I've been a slacker lately. I did go yesterday and walked the track with HIM again. Still don't know what he is thinking.. still playing it cool.

Beth: I'll trade you your rain for our snow! Yeah, it's going to be a little while longer before I hit Onederland, but I will get there, and soon.

Niki: Wow! Med school!? Good for you! I really want to get a BFA, but I don't know if or when that will happen. I'm already so much in debt for my current degree. Ugh.

Last edited by Annie64; 03-01-2014 at 06:50 AM..
Old 03-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

see new Thread for March

Slimmer by Spring--March Edition