Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Feeling lonely in here ladies!

We had a good weekend. More sleet/snow, but not horrible. Kids are in school today, so that is great. We did stuff around the house on Saturday. Bought $350 worth of light fixtures, then we/HE put them up. The ones we replaced have been there since they built the house 18 years ago. I love them all !!! Sunday we were able to do church/SS then Haven and I went to a Silpada party....then the weather was nasty. We went home after and stayed there!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #212

Guess it's just me! I weighed this morning and after a good DD I am up! BUMMER

Old 03-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Sorry, Monica. Had the baby yesterday and didn't make it in here. Glad you had a good weekend and glad you love your new light fixtures! Bummer about being up after a DD, though. That's just not fair!

The scale is sneaking down here, as long as it continues to do so I'll very happily put up with it moving at a snail's pace
misscobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #214

Tami, good to see you girl! I would take snails pace. Heck, I have been at 175 since vacation in January. I briefly saw 173, then 174 and now, 175 AGAIN! GRRRRRRR
Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 AM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Hi guys..I'm here, finally..

It's been a rough coupla weeks, but I think I'm finally done messing around. Sheesh!

I still need to go back and read what ya'll are up to, but wanted to jump in real quick and say HI!

Busily *re*losing a few pounds right now My own fault.. however, given what I went off track with, I don't think I deserved an actual 7.5 lb gain! Hoping it drops away quickly!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, girls!

Danielle, even after all this time and going off plan too many times to count the rapid increase on the scale still surprises me at times. It'll be gone in no time, though. Really, it should... why my body is not getting this is beyond me. lol

Monica, so it's Friday eve... what's your crazy weekend look like this week?

We've had a fun couple of nights. Our dart leagues started back up. It's me, hubby and a new partner (friend we've gotten to know through darts - really nice guy) on Tuesday nights and then hubby & a new partner play Wednesday nights. I went along last night to watch, but don't think I'll make a regular habit of that. We'll see. Anyway, two nights straight of vodka/water/mio has the scale complaining a bit. It was down a tiny bit yesterday, back up to 194/195 today. Oh-well!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Hello everyone!!

Sorry I've been MIA again. I'm all better now, no more sickies.

Also I have some good news to report: I've now got health insurance!! ...thanks to expanded Medicaid in Oregon this year. I thought I was over the financial limit, but they apparently found a loophole for me, and thank goodness for that. I love my new pcp; I saw her for the first time yesterday. Got me some Zoloft. (TMI?)

Bad news is that at the doctors office yesterday I stood on her scale and it said, quite rudely, "202 lbs". Can you believe the NERVE of that thing?? I was wearing clothes, shoes, winter coat...but STILL.

So I guess we're all relosing a few.

Tami, you were replying about Gavin's behavior and mentioning the stereotypes...you know what? I was reading some research the other day about learning styles of people with Down Syndrome. And the stereotype seems to play a big part. First of all, because the stereotype is largely positive and complimentary, people don't question it. Even their parents and teachers usually accept the stereotype as a valid description. And here's the interesting part: people with Down Syndrome know what people think of them stereotypically and use it to get out of doing difficult tasks. Gavin has developed a whole suite of party tricks to get out of doing things he doesn't want to do and manipulate others into doing it for him.

Fortunately, he's motivated by Jimi Hendrix youtube videos, so I've got his number.

Monica, how did the appetite suppressing tea work? Is it worth it? I've been thinking about trying it, but it seems like I remember it doesn't taste very good.

Danielle, how did the high carb days go? Did the 'slingshot' work as promised?

Later, ladies!! My old computer is overheating...

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #218

I've been MIA too!

Danielle - you can do this. Sorry you have struggled lately. Life just gets in the way doesn't it???

Tami - how fun with the darts! I suck at it! I hit the wall, not the target.

Lynne - that dang scale. I am sure it was wrong. That is what I always say about the DR's scale. Never right and that I merely drank too much water before going in!

Life has been tricky for me this week but it's Friday!

We have a quiet weekend again! DS15 has forensics today/tomorrow. DD12 has softball Sunday afternoon. Tonight DD12 and I plan to watch the 2 Hunger Games movies (#2 comes out today). I will clean house and do laundry. Sunday we will do church and such. After this weekend, we are jam full the month of MARCH each weekend! AH FUN!

Oh forgot, DS15 drives on his own starting today. PRAY FOR US PLEASE! It scares me so much! I am sure he will do fine, but it is tough sitting back having it happen!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #219

weighed in yesterday 173.6, finally some downward movement.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:16 AM   #220

Lynne on the TEA. I think it helps, but I hate the stuff. I only drink it in the morning of a DD. When they are gone, I doubt I reorder them!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ definitely life has a funny way of picking up the road and moving it in another direction.. But, this is the part that I really committed to when I decided to do Chris's plan. For the first time I really understood that the emotional aspect of weight loss had to be faced head-on in order to achieve long term success. It's been hard, but I am proud that I continue to work through every challenge and come back stronger.

Seems like you're schedule never loosens up for long, does it! I miss that sometimes, but mostly now I find that I like my quiet house and my time to myself! DH teases me sometimes and says, let's have another kid.. UM, NO!! NO! NO!

Lynne~ I'm willing to bet the doc's scale is off. Way off. Imagine how many people have climbed on that thing! I'd think your home scale would be more accurate because it's only you using it!
Hang in there mama! Ummmm, well, the "slingshot week" kinda turned into a free-for-all week.... I got all of my ya-ya's out, I think.

Tami~ I'm so glad you're having a good time with the dart league! DH & I really need to find something fun to do like that.
------------------------
Not sure what we're up to this weekend. DH works later tonight and DD17 is working too, so just me! She works all weekend and DH works a short day tomorrow and then off Sun/Mon.. I think we're gonna try for a movie tomorrow night--it's been ages! Oh, and I also need to go find some bras I think I've *graduated* out of Lane Bryant bras...I am positively swimming in these suckers Why are the girls always the first to go...not too happy about that! Reward day today and not a clue if I will even use it all the way? Did I tell you guys we had a Buffalo Wild Wings finally open up again over by us....like literally within spitting distance I can see it from my patio... anyways, we went last week and it's so different than the one that used to be here... it was almost like a nightclub! Loud loud music, TV's on every piece of available wall floor to ceiling..it was weird, it was like the Twilight Zone Very odd experience but the wings were so good!

DD19 informed us the other day she would probably be moving back home.... I told her ok but first we had to have a conversation.. you know, the one where we tell you that you're not going to use our house like a hotel and come & go like you please and where you think you have built-in maid service... 3 days later we've yet to hear from her and if she's coming home Guess she didn't like the idea of having to actually be a "grown up" here?

Have a great weekend, loves!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #222

Dani - CONGRATS on graduating out of Lane Bryant bras. I WISH my BOOBS would go down in size. Mine stay the SAME no matter how much I weigh. D cup, my number has gone down, but the cup size, never has! You know, I HATE a really loud restuarant. I mean, call me old, but I like to chat/listen/hear the people I am with!

Rough week for me here. Had a few TOUGH Mom moments. I have good kids, I think I need to ease up a bit! That's good, but I think (especially with DS15) we need to ease off a bit.

Last edited by zipp2play; 03-07-2014 at 11:26 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #223

OH I meant to say, Dani, I am sure she isn't as interested in moving back in if Maid/chef/laundry service isn't included!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #224

Dani - how's DS doing???
Old 03-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #225

I have had 4 up days in a row. I will probably be MIA for the week. I am only working M/T/ 1/2 day on W. DD12 and I are heading to Tulsa (she is on spring break from 03/13 - 03/21. We are meeting my BFF and her kids. It is the 1/2 way point between here and Dallas. We plan to stay at the hotel from Wed through Saturday. Watch movies, let the kids swim, get pedicures, maybe do some shopping, basically, just hang out!!! I am really looking forward to it. When we return, my parents will be at the house from Saturday - Tuesday. It will be a crazy week for me/us!

I have totally lost my MOJO for following any plan. I have no one to blame but myself. I will check in when I can
Old 03-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Tami, you were replying about Gavin's behavior and mentioning the stereotypes...you know what? I was reading some research the other day about learning styles of people with Down Syndrome. And the stereotype seems to play a big part. First of all, because the stereotype is largely positive and complimentary, people don't question it. Even their parents and teachers usually accept the stereotype as a valid description. And here's the interesting part: people with Down Syndrome know what people think of them stereotypically and use it to get out of doing difficult tasks. Gavin has developed a whole suite of party tricks to get out of doing things he doesn't want to do and manipulate others into doing it for him.
I Love it, Lynne! I"m all for working what you've got! lol. It's really no different than my older son who could charm anyone into doing anything for him, teachers included. I know it doesn't help him learn to tackle those difficult tasks on his own, but I just can't be mad at a kid for trying

So glad you have insurance & love your new doc! Having that safety net in place is HUGE! Sorry about the nasty scale, though.

Monica, woohoo on downward scale movement! And WOW for kiddo driving himself today! What a huge step toward independence for both of you. Scary stuff and I hate knowing our babies are growing up, but big big big deal for DS. Protective thoughts headed your way! Your trip sounds fabulous! Enjoy!!!

Danielle, that's funny about DD. I'm sure she is dreading that conversation with every fiber of her being. lol. It's weird thinking that our kids think of US like we think of our parents! Yikes! lol Oh-well. Part of growing up, I suppose. Your BWW sounds like fun! Wonder if ours is like that? lol. We only got take out once and were not incredibly impressed so haven't been back. May have to revisit that. Wish you lived closer so you could come play darts with us. I think you'd love it. Good people, good music, and a little competition mixed in. It's way more fun than I expected. We watched Pink's concert (truth about love or something similar tour) yesterday and I thought of you off and on throughout the entire thing. lol. You will always be linked with Pink in my mind!

Pretty quiet weekend here, which was AMAZING. Hubby stayed home both days which is really really rare. We ran errands together, cooked together, did nothing together. Awesome. After an inspirational trip to a whole foods type higher end grocery store I made a couple of new side dishes. The stuffed mushrooms were a huge hit. I'm not a mushroom fan, but a small enough mushroom filled with yummy flavored cheese and a few other things and even I liked them. DH wants more Scale not moving... not up or down. Whatever.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ DD is not moving home She is moving with a girlfriend of hers... it's a house and she will have her own room and bathroom so she's quite thrilled... I wish she would've considered coming home to at least save $ for a bit...but alas, she thinks she knows more than we do. Funnily enough, I always thought that I could get my kids to listen to me when I told them the truth about stuff and the fact that we didn't want them to have the sort of struggles DH and I did.. so far, DD17 is the only one who seems to get it, and DS seems to be gleaming alittle bit that I wasn't full of crap when I shared things with him DD19 is a stubborn cookie though and she's a "do'er"... she'll figure it out.. and I'll be waiting when she's 30 and she comes to me and says, yeah mom, you were right.

Would love to come play darts with you! I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, but the attempt would be fun!
I watch TTALT dvd at least once a week.. Kills me to think we were right down in front both times!! I was devastated that I didn't get to see her for a 3rd time towards the end of this 2nd leg. Did you see her on the Oscars? AMAZING!!!! I wanna be her when I grow up!!!

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend with the hubb's I love days like that! Sadly, we don't have nearly enough of them.. today was supposed to be one of those, but I think he's gonna end up going into work for a couple hours Oye, I hate mushrooms It's a texture thing...too rubbery and bouncy for my liking! ....Plus, they're UGLY!!
I go into sensory overload in Whole Foods. There is entirely too much to look at with entirely too many people milling about like ants...and the kind of people that are there lead me to wanting to run someone over with my cart by the time we're done So, needless to say, we don't shop there much regardless that there is one literally around the corner from us Talk about road rage!

Monica~ DS is doing a lot better. Therapy is helping and I think he's actually enjoying his classes this semester. His band is getting busier too, which is his first love. He and a bunch of his friends took off for Magic Mountain for the weekend a couple months ago, and they're getting ready to head to Mexico for Spring Break in a couple weeks.. His car was broken into last month... it was a theft attempt, luckily security came around and scared off the guys... they had nearly gotten away with it too, thank goodness for perfect timing! Poor kid, I was worried that might push him over the edge, but he rolled with it and dealt w/ his insurance and everything just fine. He's such a good kid, I love him to pieces!

Enjoy your time away, it sounds lovely!!! I wouldn't worry too much about the scale...especially while you're away! It will be ok and you'll figure it out once you've had some time to decompress and relax

Lynne~
--------------------------------

As for me....scale is doing the bouncy bounce for no good reason Not sure what's going on but it's getting old. If I was actually eating off plan or not clean enough I would be the first to admit that and say hey, I deserve it. But I don't in this case and I hate it! I measure, weigh, & count everything. I have been meticulous with my logging and have gotten in a min. of gallon of water every single day. Could be hormonal of course...in which case, I'm dead in the water and at the mercy of this ole body of mine
And ya know what's annoying... found these amazing gluten free/organic peanut butter cups at Costco and I've purposely stayed away from them in the hopes of keeping the scale moving..and this is how I get repaid? I just may have one now just to prove that I can.

Still practicing my hooping every morning.. it is what it is, and I'm horrible! Getting my 2 mile walks in 3x a week and I'm happy with that right now. I want to incorporate a weights program into my days, I love weight lifting.. just need to find something small to begin with so I don't kill myself

Alright, DH is up and raring to go... guess he's not going into work?
Time to get rolling and get the show on the road!

Have a great day, lovelies!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

I was just like your DD19. She'll be fine. It may not be the easiest path, but it's hers

I'm sooo with you on the mushroom thing. The whole texture, dirt, ick. Honestly, though, I think enough cheese can make anything edible. lol Haha. Whole food shoppers are certainly a bit um different, aren't they? This was actually Sprouts, close enough, but a bit airier with less stuff, less people and more space. Excellent meats & veggies! Yum!

You're rocking the exercise! That's probably something I should get back to. lol

Glad hubs decided to stay home! Hope you guys had a wonderful day!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:31 AM   #229

OH see, I LOVE Mushrooms! I could eat them every single day. When we make pizza, we pile on the mushrooms. I love them in stir fry, pizza, casseroles, we go through several packages a week! I want to learn how to grill the Larger ones, I have just never tried it.

Had a good DD for me yesterday 800c or so. Got in 5 miles walking and 10 minutes on the Hoop. Today, we slept in, so hoping to get in 2 miles at lunch and maybe a couple after work. I will do 20 minutes with the Hoop too. Well, that's the plan! LOL

174.4 today, I earned that up number. Such is!

Have a great day girls!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Great job on the walking & hooping, Monica! If I can stop spending money on the dogs for a bit I really want to get a hula hoop. Not buying anything for now, though. lol. We just switched the dog's food to a raw diet. We did it a long time ago, but then got a puppy that the breeder didn't want fed raw and stopped in 2000... so it's been awhile! Bought a freezer, a bit of meat stocked to go in it, bought a used meat grinder (not necessary - hubby was very sweetly trying to be helpful) and we have the dog's heart check stuff all this week - sent in his 24 hour monitor yesterday, just waiting for results, and he has his cardiac ultrasound Saturday. We're riding down with his sister & their breeder & meeting a brother & his owner at the clinic. The dogs' birthdays are this week, so of course I had to get them each a toy & treats. That stuff is really more for the owners than the dogs, but they've become great friends over the last 4 years and it's something I really wanted to do. Anyway... money money money flying toward the dogs this month means no money for me! (well... I love buying the dog stuff, so really... it's all for me. lol)

Last edited by misscobi; 03-11-2014 at 08:00 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

I know DD will be ok, it just frustrates me to no end that SHE KNOWS we're right... She does things just because "she can"....so annoying sometimes.. Apparently she is now trying to raise money to go live in Sacramento? We're not supposed to know about it, but you know, things like that always have a way of making it back to the people who aren't to know We'll see if this isn't just more fancy talk....

Monica, I will you all the mushrooms in the world, they're all yours! I have a really hard time with a lot of veggies because of texture..
Awesome walking miles put in

Really friggin frustrated with the scale Seriously frustrated....
Hoping the hang up is because of TOM due Friday...altho' it's been so off track I don't really "know" if it's gonna be here on time
If it's not that then I'm at a total loss what's going on

Going to the movies with the kiddo this evening.. ugh....popcorn...
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Well, we're in a suburb of Sacramento, so can easily check up on DD if she makes it this far. When my niece moved to TX I lined up a safety net there just in case things went horribly wrong. I'd be happy to be that person for DD.

Bummer about the scale... grrrrr...
Old 03-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

You are too kind Tami. Thank you
DH doesn't think she will go. She's not gonna be able to afford it. She will either make it somehow and stay for a bit and end up in San Diego with my family, or somehow between now and when she intends to go to Sacramento she'll just opt out to get to San Diego instead. Ultimately we feel like she's gonna end up with my family. Not sure how I feel about that.

The scale can suck an egg. So over it! I'm really trying to work on looking at other aspects of weightloss like fitness and how I feel. Perhaps I'd be more inclined if I actually *felt* lighter.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #234

Tami - dogs are truly part of the family. Love both of ours. Our new dog, my DS15 is not a fan of. He's 15 and thinks he knows everything!

Dani- kids, they think they are so smart, huh??? What movie did you see?

It's HUMP DAY and my last work day of the week. Leaving early too. Can't wait to hang out for several days just doing NOTHING! We will play games, eat snacks, BFF and I will drink a little....should be great.

Trying for a modified Down Day today! We will see how that goes!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #235
Blabbermouth!!!

Hooray for the last day of work!

I remember what it was like to be 18 and feel like I knew it all. However, I didn't really have any type of guidance from my parents whatsoever... No one talked to me about "the rest of my life" when I graduated high school, no one said a thing about college or what I wanted to achieve...nada.. so I kinda had to know it all. Raising our kids we most certainly made the effort throughout their lives to communicate the importance of education and how supportive we were to help them in any way we could, etc. And to talk to them and find out what they were thinking in regards to goals and wants.. DD19 just has a real tendency to be very dramatic and somehow puts herself in this corner of being less worthy or not good enough. It's very frustrating because NO ONE in this family has EVER said that to her or made her feel that way. I've made a huge effort to always highlight each child's positive attributes because I realized early on she was not going to be my over achiever or my straight-A student.. but she's creative in art and music and a natural at writing. Somehow she always manages to convey the negative to anyone who will listen and somehow it's been pinned on us. I'm still so confused about that! Anywho, I know she'll eventually grow up and figure it out, just so tough sitting by and watching these years go by!!

I'm jumping in and finally ordering the Jillian Michaels body revolution program.. I decided that I am feeling too feisty and stubborn to entertain the idea of signing up for the gym & a trainer right now So, for now, I'll work on what I can from home and just keep moving. And dangit, I want to do that stupid hula hoop!

We saw Mr. Peabody & Sherman yesterday. So cute!!!! Yes, I had popcorn and a handful of M&M's...I know...bad bad bad.. and yes, the scale went DOWN 1.6 I don't even know...there are no words...

Last edited by DesertGurl; 03-12-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

My computer is not long for this world, so I'm trying to treat it gently in its golden years. So, short posting.

Tami, how's doggie's heart? Hopefully all good. You're very right about the health insurance being a load off my mind!

Monica, to doing nothing!! Have a fantastic weekend, you've surely earned it! I had a good DD yesterday too. Finally.

Danielle, I think you're a fantastic parent.

I was one of those dramatic types, too, like your DD. Okay, AM one of those dramatic types still. As I got older I lost interest in the idea that real human beings, including mom and dad, have flaws same as everyone else...and discovered that the larger world was full of interesting drama and heroes and devils, and that artists and storytellers are valuable, regardless of their grades but - honestly - a real PITA too.

I suspect that if you'd met me under different circumstances - not here - I would be one of those people at Whole Foods you'd be wanting to ram your cart into.

Me... I'm back in the crock pot again. Thank goodness!

Happy Wednesday, all!!

Lynne
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, we'll know more this weekend. He seems like his normal full of it self. Kudos for getting back in that crockpot!

Enjoy your trip, Monica - if I'm not already too late! If so, Welcome Home! lol

Danielle, you're doing awesome! 1.6 after popcorn & chocolate... lucky you! I'd take it! And you're right. DD will be fine and will grow up and realize all of this blaming nonsense really gets her no where in the grand scheme of things. You've done your job and done it well. She'll appreciate it someday...
Old 03-14-2014, 05:20 AM   #238

Being a parent is so tough . Some days I feel I am doing ok, others, total FAIL!!! I guess that's how it goes.

Having fun hanging out. Talking a lot with my BFF that I don't see often enough. I think she helps me see things differently .

Dani-my DS15 is battling depression too . It all came to a head the day DD12 and I were heading out of town . We delayed going by a few hours but DS15 asked me to still go. He stated he would feel horrible if I stayed b/c of him. We are having him start back with the therapist that he saw 2 years ago for sleep issues . I hope my DS sees the same improvement that yours has. Life just sucks sometimes and kids can be so cruel!!

Tami - let us know how the doggie is. They are truly members of the family !!

Lynne - thrilled to see you here . Always miss you when you aren't. How's Gavin? Spring break soon for him ? How are my vampires?

Last edited by zipp2play; 03-14-2014 at 05:21 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, I'm so sad to hear that your son, too, is battling depression. It just breaks my heart and honestly scares the crud out of me. I'm so glad you have a good relationship with him and he will talk to you about it. That is just huge. Hang in there. I'm also glad that you're getting to relax and talk to your BFF about these things. An outside perspective always seems to help. Hugs...

As for the dog, his first report, the 24 hour heart monitor, looked really good to me. Meds seem to be doing the trick and his heart rate is staying pretty low which will help limit damage to his heart as much as possible. He did have one long pause where he didn't have a heart beat for almost 6 seconds while he was sleeping. So scary, but in the grand scheme of things it's deemed acceptable and the benefits of keeping his overall rate low outweigh the risk of these pauses. I have a feeling that someday he just won't wake up, but that has to be better than having a heart attack because his heart rate is sky high. shug. I'll let you guys know how the cardiac ultrasound goes tomorrow. Thank you all for caring

OH, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! We have darts tonight and then the dog heart clinic tomorrow is a couple hours out of town. Other than that? No plans
Old 03-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ you're a great mom and your parents are lucky to have you I like to think that I've broken the cycle with my children and that helps some.. I've been able to have the sort of relationship with my kids that I always dreamed of having with my own parents...

I'm sorry that DS is experiencing all of this too... it's so hard to watch our kids struggle and not be able to control how they feel.... It's a good thing that he at least has someone he feels comfortable talking to! I was relieved when mine readily agreed to see someone without my urging....he had refused therapy in the past so I really worried with me being a couple hours away if he would even bother to seek it out. But he did and we couldn't be more proud of him. You're kiddo will be humming along in no time, I just know it!!

Tami~ will be thinking of your doggy This is the kinda stuff that makes me stop and think if I really really want to get a dog... I feel like it would be good for me because my kids are all nearly gone, but at the same time, I am such a freak when it comes to worrying about stuff!

Lynne~ I highly doubt you'd be someone I'd wanna run over with my grocery cart...I think you'd be one that I'd be fascinated by just because you're such a smarty pants! I don't mind the PITA part with my kiddo....I just wish she would apply herself with the talents she has and use it get further herself... she is a truly talented kid but short-sells herself to the point of frustration.. So hard to watch because we have never held back on uplifting these kids in any capacity....not the way our parents did to use with the negative talk, etc.. so I just don't get sometimes how she could feel so badly about herself the way she does... funnily enough, the other girly is the TOTAL opposite where she really sometimes believes she is perfect Crazy kids!

No weighing for this girl and I'm still alive today Once a week weighing is so foreign feeling to me The hubster hid the scale so I can't get on it even if I felt like cheating...gotta love a man who's only trying to help!

I ordered Jillian Michael's body revolution.. should be here in a couple weeks.. Lord help me. I dunno what I was thinking, but I guess maybe hoping that this will keep me busy hating her and not missing the scale