Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 05:34 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning all! It's HUMP DAAAAAAY

Hope everyone is doing well. We are good here. Finally warmer and the snow is all almost gone! YEAH! I had a good up day yesterday. Set for a good Down day today!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2014, 06:55 AM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
G'mornin Lovelies!

Lynne~ No way. No how. How in the world can you be letting us down, lady? Not how I see it at all. You've got a lot on your plate and even then you start every day trying again... that's a total win in my book! I am thrilled that Gavin is enjoying the iPad!! Sorry about all the divorce stuff....praying for quick resolution with that

Tami~ so glad the hubbs liked his gift! Men are funny when they get stuff they like...soooooo never the reaction us girls would have Mine is the same way! I hope you guys have a wonderful time, I am dying to do a getaway with the man, he's been working WAY too much! The weight thing...eh, I say do what you can when you can, it will all fall into place for you when you are ready. Right now, the time spent with that baby is priceless!

Monica~ Rock that DD girlfriend, I know you can! We gave our kids gift cards and some candy.. DH got a couple of Blu-ray's, a cd, and a box of candy. He is SO hard to shop for for any given holiday!

Me~ I'm plugging along. Trying desperately to feel better. The congestion seems to be going away so that's always good Weight is slowly going back down after about a nearly 3 lb gain Being sick sucks rocks!
I'm probably not going to make my 4% challenge goal....I need to lose 4.8 lbs in like 7 days.... I highly doubt that is gonna happen, not even on my best week.. Oh well, at least I tried and it kept me on the straight and narrow, right?

Weather is gorgeous here....been so fun to put the top down on my car and enjoy the sunshine alittle bit.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

Thank you for the encouragement, ladies, I've been surely needing it.

Gavin has homework on his iPad now, so I don't know if that cuts down on the fun factor or not.

Monica, I'm glad to hear the weather has cleared up. It's DD for me, too.
I'm going to try *not trying* so hard on the hula hoop!

Tami, I love the baby entertainment workout!! What a great idea! Where I used to live in Washington there was a group of moms that met in the park with their jogging strollers to socialize and exercise. Stroller Strides. The kids looked like they were having fun, too.

Guys are not non-emotional; they're just emotional about different things. Show them a video about a heroic football play or a firefighter rescuing a puppy and watch them cry like little girls.

Danielle, sorry you're still not feeling well. I'm sure it's just water weight. You never know, it all might just evaporate in the next few days. You've got *mad* water-chugging skills!!

Me... this is weird: yesterday I kept bursting into tears. But in the evening I felt so much better than I've felt in a long time, and didn't feel like overeating. Hmmmmm. So - maybe I've just been a little overwhelmed?

It's good to get the kid back to school. He's got surgery next week if the doctor gives the all-clear. He's been coughing a little today and yesterday so I don't know if she'll abort mission or not. (Now I feel sorry for astronauts! It's nerve-racking! )

I'd better get back to work. Happy Hump Day!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Weather is gorgeous here....been so fun to put the top down on my car and enjoy the sunshine alittle bit.
BRAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #185

Lynne - how are my VAMPIRES doing?
Old 02-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #186

Friday-eve! Plans for the weekend? I had a good DD yesterday, but the scale stuck at the same 175.4! Such is.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Hugs, Lynne! Sounds like you needed that release. I was extra moody last week, so far this week is much much better! Gotta love these weird bodies of ours

Friday Eve! Yay! Spent the day doing laundry & packing... it's an overnight trip... that was pretty easy, except I still don't know exactly what I'll wear Saturday night. lol. There a a few options in the suitcase & I won't show up nekkid. I promise

I also took a minute to reflect on my weight loss this morning... I let my two year anniversary fly on by last week because I really didn't want to think about how little I've actually accomplished in the weight department over the last year. Bottom line? Basically nothing. I was in the 190's a year ago and guess where I am now? Yep. 190's. I also exercised WAY more in the second year than the first. Not sure that really has anything to do with it, but come Monday I AM going to finally refocus in earnest and get this show on the road! When I started 2 years ago at 278 I could never have imagined that I wouldn't be at goal by now. I'm not exactly sure where I'll start, but I know it'll have something to do with counting and tracking and all that stuff I hate. Time to get passionate again
Old 02-21-2014, 06:00 AM   #188

OH that's right!! Enjoy your trip girl! Will we see you this morning? Tami, keep in mind, NO your aren't at goal, but you aren't at 278 either. Even if you don't lose another pound, not being 278 is a great thing! You got this. Enjoy your outing weekend and move forward on Monday!

It's FRIDAY! Big / Crazy weekend this weekend at my house. Tonight I am the chairperson for BINGO night at the middle school. DD12 has a 2 day volleyball tournament. Our friends got a hotel room (because it is 1 hour from us) for Friday and Saturday. She will head out at 5:00 this afternoon. DS15 has a Forensics tournament tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow we will send him off for his tournament, then head to where DD12 is playing. We will take in her morning games, then we have to head to my sister's house. BIL's surprise birthday party is tomorrow night! SOOOOOO we will leave DD12 with the friends at the tournament, DS15 has a ride to/home from the forenics thing tomorrow...then he will sleep at the neighbors house!

Sunday, not sure what we will do yet. Plan is to get up, fairly early, and head to DD12's games. We plan to offer our friends the chance to go HOME and we stay the rest of the day. Not sure they will take us up on that and if they don't, we may not go! Just way too much for a weekend. I have had to plan/stratagize to make this all work. Us being gone overnight and them both needing to be here! *WHEW*

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #189

The party will be fun, so I am looking forward to it. My sister married an older guy. He is turning 60 !!! Not sure how pleased he will be with the surprise party, but that's not my problem!!!! I am making my "famous" champagne punch! Everyone loves it! Tastes nothing like champagne, which I am not a fan of!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:06 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Omg, Monica! The strategizing to make sure everyone is where they're supposed to be when is something I don't really miss! I do miss having to run back and forth between everything, but not the pulling it all together! What a fun... but typically crazy!.... weekend you have ahead! Hope you have a great time at the surprise party! I'm not a fan of champagne either. We had a champagne toast last weekend for the anniversary couple... eh. Wish it would have been your punch instead

Have a great weekend guys! I may sneak in here tomorrow morning before we head out. Hugs...
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick drop in! Happy weekend, ladies!

Lynne~ Sometimes that release is needed in order to restore some peace. Glad you seem to have found it Praying for the all-go for Gavin!!

Monica~ busy busy bee you are!! Have fun, I miss the hecticness sometimes of having to maneuver all of the kids.

Tami~ Have a wonderful weekend with the hubbs!

Me~ new low this morning. I'm SO relieved! Feeling a lot better too, so I'm sure that's part of the scale drop finally. Still working on my hula hooping...still a major work in progress Talked myself out of going to the casting for EWL...just too small, I think.. all the women cast for that show are well over 300 except 1, and she was 290.... I guess there are worse problems to have, right? I'm still thinking of going by there in the hopes that CP might be there? I dunno, but I'll let you know!

Have a great weekend, friends!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

WooHoo for the new low, Danielle! YAY You!!!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #193

D - way to go on the new low
Old 02-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Happy (?) Monday ladies! Hope you had a great weekend! We did

Concert was awesome! Though, I was sadly reminded that I am NO spring chicken. lol. We were about 3 people from the stage and I held my own, but my thighs are still KILLING me! I actually pushed those thigh muscles to the point of failure just holding my own position down in front of the stage. It was seriously a blast. Makes you feel alive, all that stuff, but omg my poor thighs. lol. Who knew? I certainly don't remember any muscle fatigue doing stuff like that when I was younger. And it's not like it was a mosh pit or anything even close. Event staff was great at removing anyone causing any real trouble. Soooo anyway... today's the day where this weight loss thing gets serious again. I have the baby today & tomorrow and then that's it for the week. I'm hoping by Wednesday my legs feel somewhat normal, though I'll have housework out the wazoo to tackle by then. No excuses, though. exercise or not, the scale is going to start moving again!

Hope you guys have a great Monday. Let's start this week off on a high note
Old 02-24-2014, 05:43 AM   #195

Tami - I too am going to take this back to weight LOSS mode! I am with you on the scale moving again! SO glad you enjoyed your weekend. Good for you girl.

We survived our crazy weekend. Volleyball was fun, but frustrating. The party was a huge hit. BIL had no idea. He was truly Shocked.

Starting off the week on a high note! Love that.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey chickies!

Tami, I'm so happy you guys had a great time!!! I love love love being down in front in the hub of everything... kinda funny to see this ole lady with the 20 y/o at a punk rock show It's funny cause all we're used to is general admission type shows and then when we're faced with shows that are "seating only"...we have to really think about it
Back to business: I guess I need to be in that category too even though I already thought I was? Scale is being REALLY mean to me and now I'm second-guessing everything I've been doing..

Monica, glad you survived the busy weekend!

Well, like I said, the scale is being mean Not a clue why, doing everything I'm supposed to.. the only other thing would be exercise, but I usually gain with exercise anyways, so know that's not an issue right now... So frustrating! I am not going to meet my 4% challenge.... At. All. Talk about annoying! Sucks to feel punished through no fault of my own and it's just my body being rebellious! Boo Hiss

I'm really thinking that my body is just letting me know loud and clear that it wants a reset... I was actually about due for one right before this 4-week challenge started, but because I sometimes tend to gain on a slingshot week I opted to hold off until after the challenge was over... well, guess my body won that round, and it came back to bite me in the butt So, I have final weigh in tomorrow which I am PRAYING is not higher than today's (225.8) and then I'm jumping into some high carb days and see what happens. *le sigh*

Have a great day lovies!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #197

Let us know how that goes DANI!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck, Danielle! Fingers crossed for a low low number on the scale tomorrow!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #199

Good morning gals! It's TUESDAY! It's a DD for me. I am praying to make it a good one! I am thinking of switching back to set UD's MWF and then alternate either Sa/Su as a DD depending on what we have going on. Honestly, we are just too social!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Haha... that's a bit of an understatement, Monica <gg> Just teasing you, but I can definitely see where you'd need some flexibility. Day one in the books. Going to enter last night's dinner into the tracking program. Should have been in good shape both carb and calorie wise, though. Legs are showing improvement. Now only make it burn sore instead of barely functioning sore. Improvement is good! haha.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

Tami, I had no idea concert-going was so strenuous. The last concert I went to was like 20 years ago - Robert Plant. Sounds like a good workout, though, and a whole lotta fun!

Danielle, too skinny for EWL, great problem to have! I remember when I got too skinny for WLS and had mixed emotions about that. It's weird, huh?

I totally agree with your thoughts on the slingshot thing. Chris put it in there for a good reason. (Yeah, me and Chris are on a first name basis now. )

Monica, the vampires are moving along. I'm embroiled in a tricky bit right now. (Sorry it's taking so long. Still hopefully worth the wait. )

I don't even understand not liking champagne! Best stuff ever!!

Me... I've been abominably SICK for the past few days. Sore throat. Cough. Gunk in my head. (But no fever. ) I think I'm getting better now, but I've strained a muscle in my back and it hurts to walk.

So. I've given myself permission to spend all day in bed watching OC reruns.

Gavin was BAD at school last week; he hit two of his teachers in the face. When I found out about it I lectured him...and he hit ME in the face!

No surgery for him - the doctors decided to hold off (due to scheduling mishaps and Gavin's new cough) and try again later.

Copyright lawsuit is proceeding. It's not filed yet, partially because it's growing; more defendants, more counts of bad behavior. From willful and intentional infringement, now including unjust enrichment and unfair competition...? Whatever. Taking a loooooong time.

M'kay, I'm outta here. Gotta go to BED.

Happy Tuesday!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, Lynne, hope you feel better soon!

Gavin... so much for those always happy, always smiling stereotypes, eh? Any improvement this week? Little stinker

Bummer about the surgery, but always better to err on the side of caution. It'll happen when the timing's right.

Seems like lawsuits always drag on and on... hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end. The rotten thieves need to be taught a lesson and I'm proud that you're trying to do just that regardless of how long it takes.

Again, feel better soon...
Old 02-27-2014, 06:15 AM   #203

Lynne so glad you checked in. Sorry about Gavin, that stinks. Is it good they postponed the surgery?? That darn lawsuit! Dang, just pay already! FEEL BETTER! I can't wait to read about the vampires!

Tami - how goes it??? Baby growing like a weed???

Danielle - what's up with you.

Today is a DD. My tummy is already growling. HOping to do more water and no food for the next 2 hours. I have a plan, NOW I just need to stick with it.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Going well. 3 days of tracking every bite... such a pain, but I'm hoping it pays off.

Good luck with that DD! Would coffee help?

Baby is growing like a weed We've been spending a little time outside each day and I took him to the park Tuesday. So fun! He's really steady on his feet in the house (barefoot), but uneven surfaces and shoes are a little tougher. He loves it, though. He gets a treasure in each hand (stick, rock, acorn, leaf, etc) and then just struts like he owns the world! Adorable! Wish it was easier to add pics here. I'll try to take a few minutes to load some to photobucket then to here. He really is a doll.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #205

You know, I don't drink coffee. I drink Water and Coke Zero. I did order some appetite suppressing tea. Not sure I will enjoy it, but I think if it helps my appetite, I can choke down 2 cups a day!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't used to drink coffee either. Probably not the greatest habit to start if you've made it this long without it

Scale is moving right along. I was at 194/195 this morning. Still 10 pounds from my pre holiday low, but lots lower than earlier this week! Let's hope it keeps moving. Still tracking everything and getting in at least 72 ounces of water a day.

Happy FRIDAY all! Whatcha up to for the weekend?
Old 02-28-2014, 06:07 AM   #207

Yes, let's keep this moving!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:09 AM   #208

We actually have a quiet weekend! I know, I AM SHOCKED TOO! No volleyball! YEAH!!!!

Tonight we are having friends over for dinner/drinks. DD12 is having a girl spend the night. DS15 has forensics/debate today and tomorrow. I plan to do some stuff at the house tomorrow. DH is getting his eyes checked at America's Contacts/GLasses. Supposedly $70 for eye exam and 2 pairs of single lens glasses. TIME will tell on that.

Sunday is church, SS. Silpada party for me/friend/DD12, then a few meetings at church!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Still sounds like a busy weekend to the rest of us Enjoy, Monica!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:30 AM   #210

Your funny TAMI!