Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I can't blame her! The paper came today, stated we got 14 inches. Heck, she barely stand 5 inches tall! LOL FEEL BETTER DANIELLE! Way to go on the 30 pounds!

Last edited by zipp2play; 02-05-2014 at 11:46 AM..
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2014, 05:28 AM   #152

Good morning! It's FRIDAY-EVE! Almost there ladies!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #153

Friday --- enough said!

Old 02-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Sorry for the quick fly by! I'm still alive, still on plan, and thankful today is Friday! I have a long day with da baby and then darts tonight and I'm already tired at 6am. lol. It's all good, though

Hope you guys have a great weekend! I will try to get in here and catch up tomorrow!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #155

It's MONDAY ! Where is everyone??? Check in girls!!!

I didn't do great this weekend, looking for a great DD tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Hi, everyone!!

Well, thank goodness the snow days are over. I love my Muffin, but omg.

So. My DDs this weekend didn't go all that well, either. I've got Atkins meal bars for DDs, and staying out of the bars until 5pm has been my modest goal.

News bulletin: Gavin's iPad mini is here!!! (And yes, this time FedEx required a signature when they came to the door.)

I've got so much stuff to catch up on that I can't stay long, but I had to share the iPad news.

Happy Monday!!
Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

omg, YAY! So glad that finally got straightened out, Lynne! Nice to see you pop in for a minute, too!

Was out of the house from 6:30am - 5:15pm today... I'm soooo not used to that! Tomorrow will be about the same if not later Then Wednesday & Thursday I get to try to get the house in some semblance of order before I have the baby all day Friday and then a special anniversary dart tournament/celebration for the 70+ year old couple who own the bar & run the dart leagues, etc. I hadn't planned on spending Valentine's day at the bar, but I absolutely adore them and we wouldn't miss it. Hey, did I tell you guys we won our league? My first league season & we won I was SO surprise when they handed us each $140 for our portion of the winnings! I knew first through 3rd got a little something, but I had no idea it was that much. Ji & I brought home an extra 280 bucks for just going out and having fun for 12 weeks. Cool Otherwise, still chugging along watching the scale not move. lol
Old 02-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #158

I am so glad the Ipad mini is there! How is GAvin doing with it? I bet he is loving it!

Look at you TAMI, the dart throwing QUEEN! I agree, you have to go to the anniversary celebration. Plus you will have fun and now V-day is planned! BONUS!

Today is a DD for me, I am hoping to ROCK IT!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Hi Ladies - I apologize, I can't keep up with all the posts....just came in to say hello to all and that I'm still trying to keep on plan!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm alive!

Seriously, could 2014 start off any rougher for me?

Down and out with the flu or some crap like that......

Alive & kicking over here and finally ready to just be healthy feeling!!!

SOOOO happy to hear Gavin got his iPad!!!

Congrat's to our lil queen dart player!! That's awesome! I hope you guys use that $ for something fun for Valentine's Day!

Today, that DD is yours, Monica!!

Stacy, hi!

Through it all, I hung in there and kept food and water in check. Another week without exercise... Well, I did manage to small workouts right after I got up & about with my back problem...then I got sick Ready to hopefully get active again in the next few days...the weather is ramping up around here...supposed to hit near 88 by this weekend. I can't tell if I'm happy or sad about this!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #161

Danielle, 2014 has not been kind to you! I'm so sorry! Here's to things looking up from here!

Stacy, whatcha cooking lately girl??
Old 02-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #162

Did I mention I started Hula Hooping a 3lb hoop for exercise. I just started, it is slow going right now....I can't always keep it up, but I am getting better!!!!!! and it is so much fun! My DD12 and I do it!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #163

Missing your girls! It's HUMP DAY! Had a great DD yesterday and I did 7 minutes on the hula hoop last night!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

You're rocking that hula hoop, girlfriend! I can't wait til the day where I can actually do it for minutes at a time like that!!!!! So jealous!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Stacy!

Danielle... my goodness girl... glad you're feeling a bit better. That flu or whatever it is sucks so bad this year. Sorry it got you too! We blew through the extra cash on stupid stuff like dog food & dog meds, but I'm excited about what I got hubby for Valentines. I hope he likes it as much as I do! lol. There's a fairly local band that we've liked for geez, about a decade, but they don't come up this way like ever. Well, they happened to have a new CD released Feb 4 and a small tour to coincide with the release... a little lightbulb went off over my head The closest they get to here is a small venue about 4 hours away, so I got us tickets, a room at the Double Tree - within walking distance to venue - bonus!, and the new CD. Concert is next weekend, so nearly perfect timing for gift giving. Yeah, I'm excited. Hope he will be. lol

Monica! I love that you're doing the hula hoop! I had thought about that a year or so ago and never actually got one. Do you think the weighted hoop makes a big difference or is it just the movement that's important? In other words I'm wondering if I can get away with a cheapie toy version. lol

Last edited by misscobi; 02-12-2014 at 10:04 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #166

OH Tami, I think he will LOVE that ! What a perfect gift! So thoughtful! I don't know, I can tell you, it is harder keeping the weighted one up, but I think either way, moving helps!

Danielle -hope you are completely on the MEND!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Ha! Yeah, this virus going around is brutal. A few people at DH's work are out sick with it, so I'm praying DH doesn't end up with it having to deal w/ it both at work and home... And DD17 was home today with a bad sore throat--that's how mine started and ramped up within a day or so.. Praying hard this kid doesn't end up with it, she cannot afford to miss anymore school than she does already!

Love the gift for DH! Fun! Fun! I love getting to do stuff like that. I'm sure he will love it!! I still haven't gotten DH anything I'd planned on spending last weekend shopping, but that didn't happen.. So tomorrow I'll be running around with all the other crazies We did just buy several pairs of concert tickets for some shows coming up in April, but that's no fun when he knows about it, right? Our anniversary's in April too so Valentine's Day buying sometimes gets squashed some in anticipation.. We'll see what I can come up with!

The weighted hula hoops are better for a workout, makes you use that core strength to keep the thing in the air... Mine is 2.5 and it's HARD! I need to start up again and see how I can improve. I'm dying to get DH to try it, it will be hilarious, trust me!

I've got about 13 days left of my 4% challenge to lose 3.4 lbs.. I was really hoping I'd be able to eek out extra pounds for this challenge, but I think I'll barely get to at least meet the initial goal instead. It's all good though, right? Considering I was sick for nearly an entire week of it, I am just thankful to have been able to keep the losses steadily going in the right direction--things could have turned out so much worse, eh?

Hoping everyone is doing well today!!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #168

Danielle - considering what you have been through, you are doing great! Ease into it and you will see huge results!

Good morning all! It's FRIDAY - EVE! and Valentine's EVE! LOL Radio said this is the day to take your MISTRESS out to dinner. DH told me he has a church meeting, should I be worried!?!?!? As you can tell, I am super worried!

It's a DD here and my goal is 420c, but allowing up to 600c!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, Danielle, mine started with a sore throat, too. Thinking lots of good thoughts for DD! And yep, you're still doing so very well, despite being sick. I know we always want more, but you really are doing great!

Haha Monica... church dinner, uh-huh. LOL Too funny! Good luck with that DD!

This is going to be a rough little patch for me weight loss wise. I'm stuck at 194-195 which, if I remember correctly, is exactly where I was stuck forever before finally dropping down to 184. By the time I get to a new low again I'm going to be SO ready for a cheat day... heck, I'm not even sure I'm going to stay on plan for our little weekend getaway next weekend. Sigh. Those 10 pounds are the difference between a little upper tummy pooch that limits my choice in shirts.... grumble grumble grumble
Old 02-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girls, I keep trying!

Monica--I know you'll nail that DD!

Tami-- set points absolutely suck rocks! I feel you!! All we can do is buckle up, hang on, and ride the wave, right? I didn't think I'd ever get away from 240, took forever. And I believe I have another point at around 227 which is why I'm not nearly as shocked as I should be at how the scale's behaving at the moment Enjoy your getaway...every last bit of it. If the food is awesome then I say go for it and don't even think twice!!

Hitting the ground running today.... no rest for the weary I guess Actually feels kinda good to be busy instead of having to lay around and be still. I've yet to figure out what to get DH for V-Day... he's such a brat when it comes to gifts. Me? I've always got a running list so there is never any question to the things I like I'm accommodating that way!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #171

Happy Valentine's day to my favorite GALS!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #172

This morning was a mess. Giving out the cards/gifts all in like 5 minutes. We are judging for forensics tonight at DS15's school. DD12 is riding bus home with a friend and then going to the school dance. We all probably won't be back home tll 8:30 tonight! DH and I have decided to postpone our "celebrating" till Sunday. Tomorrow is all day volleyball for me and the girl. Then a fund raising dinner for the youth to serve others at church all evening! Not sure what DH and DS15 will do tomorrow, but I will leave a list, incase they have some spare time!

NO rest for the wicked!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-12.html
Old 02-14-2014, 05:38 AM   #173

Have a great day girls! I got flowers from DH yesterday! You can get almost twice as many flowers for the same price if you get it the day before! DH tapped into that years ago, so he tends to do just that! FINE BY ME! LOL
Old 02-14-2014, 06:36 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Monica, you guys are such an awesome family! I love everything you do for the kids, church, school & community! DS20 got his little gift from us last night as we won't see him again until Saturday and it's now 6:30 am here and I was debating whether to try to give hubby his gift this morning or wait. I'm not very patient (haha understatement!) so his and DS21's gifts are sitting on the counter waiting for them to come downstairs. My sister goes into work later than normal this morning, otherwise I'd be leaving the house in a few minutes, so this should work

Danielle, hope your busy day went well! I'm with you on the running list of things I want... just not sure DH really listens as I'm blabbing away. lol. Maybe they pay special attention around holidays? Actually I don't think mine does, but he usually comes up with something better than I would have thought of, so it works. lol. Oh, and YES, set points suck! Just another thing for my body to do that annoys me. lol

Hope you girls have a wonderful day & fabulous weekend!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #175

Tami you are too kind . So how did DH react? We gave DS15 money and DD12 a life proof case for her phone oh and chocolate!! They were both happy!!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Hello everyone!!

Tami, enjoy that concert! I totally blew past the bit where you won actual money for your dart tourney! Congratulations!

Monica, I am seconding the sentiment on how much you contribute to your family, your church, your community. You rock!!

Stacy, and we're happy to see ya when we see ya.

Danielle, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I hear ya about just being glad to be up and moving again, so busy-busy is just fine! I have a hard time getting going again, you know, shifting gears. Gavin is the same way - we resist "transition time". 88 degrees already??

Me... the iPad has been a blessing! We had the "loaner" from the school district, and the school's communication consultant mentioned that we got to keep it a loooong time because we were rocking it but she was glad to have it back!!

Along with the communication app, he's got 2 math apps, a few e-books, two physics apps (I know, right??), and a telling time app. It's been really fun doing this stuff with him. Actually, it's been making me suspect I could homeschool him successfully after I had an unhappy visit to his school last week. We'll see.

I am so *not* rocking JUDDD this time. I've been doing my rotations, but too many calories!! Not bingeing, just eating too much. I'm sorry. I feel like I've let you all down again.

That's it for me. I'm still not divorced yet! The judge has taken almost a *month* to sign the final paperwork. I wish that would happen, because I'm on pins and needles.

Also: Jealous. I can't do a hula hoop. I have one; but I can't make it stay up!! What do you suppose I am doing wrong? *cough* hips(belly)=too+big *cough*

Happy Saturday, all!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #177

Lynne, you have not let us down. Heck, I have had trouble getting back to rotations! on the Hula, my DD12 told me I was trying TOO hard. The key is slight rotations of the hips. I was clinching up and moving way too hard/fast/much. Try easing up a bit and see what happens! Sorry about the Divorce, what a mess, huh??

Weekend done, now another work week!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #178

It's Tuesday ladies! I did well yesterday considering it was BUNCO night and a Down Day! I am still not really focused and am hoping I get my MOJO here soon! I am hanging firm at 175 and have no one to blame but myself!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, hubby was surprised & said, 'That sounds like fun!' For him, that's a win! lol Why are guys so non emotional? lol We just got the boys chocolate... not too exciting, eh? A bazillion years ago it used to be chocolate & a stuffed animal or toy, but we stopped that some time ago.

Lynne, I'm so glad the ipad is working out well for you and Gavin! Sorry about the disappointment at school. Grrr. Sorry you're struggling with rotations. Sigh. I'm making no forward progress at all, in fact have been afraid to step on the scale the last few mornings after letting Valentine's day goodies carry into the weekend... and then there is this weekend. Haven't decided how I'm going to tackle that, but probably will not carry my little bottle of Mio to the concert venue/club so will probably have sugary alcoholic drinks then who knows... sigh... I DID manage to literally run around the house with the baby for 25 minutes or so yesterday. My sister has a decent little track through her house. lol. That was fun, baby was screeching in delight when I'd meet him at a corner or pass him in the hall. lol. He's getting to be a really stable little walker And I did work up a sweat which is certainly more than I've done recently! I think I'll get on the exercise bike today.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #180

Tami - we got DD12 a lifeproof case (because she really needed it) and DS15 cash. Both also got a Reese's Heart too!