Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Wannabe, you are not at your starting point! It is ONLY DOWNWARD from here BABY!!!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #92

Quote:
Me: I threw my back out last week. I rested it for three days and started working out again even though I wasn’t completely healed. Yesterday woke up and tried to do Chris Powells 9 minute workout. Three squats in and my back went out big time. I was walking around like a little ole lady. Hunched over and shuffling all day. I cried for like 20 minutes, not from the pain (though excruciating) but from the disappointment with my body. It is rare and beautiful when my body wants to get fit and I am truly motivated. I have never been more motivated, where I actually look forward to working out… and now I am and my body is saying NO!
DO you believe in a Chiropractor at all? If so, I strongly suggest one! I have one I go to about once a month. Nothing keeps my back aligned and going more than that person! I know not everyone is a believer, but if you have ever thought you might, I strongly urge you to research into finding one close to you!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:35 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Dinner update - my casserole was awesome and I was asked to keep this in regular rotation.

2lb ground beef - cooked/drained ( i probably used 2.5lbs)
1 head cauliflower - cooked/drained/chopped
onion/garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
1 block cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
shredded cheese for topping - I chose colby

Cook beef, drain & sprinkle w/seasonings of choice. Mix in cream cheese & sour cream, then add chopped cauliflower. Place in 13 x 9 baking dish and top with shredded colby cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning...um, afternoon, everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I think what I was trying to state was, that's the closest I have ever been and I admire you all for how you have dealt with it and gotten beyond it. I have many friends who have been abused either physically or sexually or both and I know the lasting mark it makes on a person. I also know, through them, that not everyone has the BALLS to get out/help/ or otherwise. All of you here who not only got out of the situation but moved on have my full respect. What I was stating with my "story" was I can't even wrap my head around any thought/inkling/or threat of abuse. I think I started a thought and didn't fully complete it. I would never belittle a person or a situation of abuse.

I again apologize.
No worries, mate. You know what? I just realized that we have all moved on from bad guys to really, really good guys! You all got the best kind of revenge possible, and the kind of revenge I want, too: to meet a really wonderful guy who wants to be nice to me. You all give me hope!!

I got through another perfect DD yesterday!!

I can't stay long because I've got a ton of things to do today (still) but I wanted to check in.

My promise(s) that I'm keeping to myself: I'm rocking my DDs. I'm walking everywhere I can for transportation as well as exercise. I'm drinking water in between cups of tea and coffee.

I'm exploring: writing in a journal instead of eating junk when I feel overwhelmed, taking a 10 minute fiction break, or...better make that 15 minutes , reading something inspirational (and hopefully sharing it here!), and doing some meditation practice.

Realizing I sound very airy-fairy new age right now. (Side effect of living in Oregon...?)

Happy Tuesday, ladies!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #95

Stacy that sounds amazing!!

Danielle - I am worried about you. Please check in!

Tami - how goes it girl?

Lynne - I did a great DD yesterday too! Mine was 570c!! Lowest in a while , well that and 01/17! YOu are doing great with your Promises!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #96

Liz - you still out there? Things going well?

Laura - How are things in ST LOUIS!?!?! We love that town!

Wanna- eased into the plan now? If you need recipe ideas Linda Sue is my GO TO!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #97

It's HUMP DAAAAAAY! Almost 1/2 way done ladies!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Hey ladies! I think it's safe to say that Mon/Tue and probably Fridays are going to be tough for me to get here. Those are typically the days I watch the nephew and I'm out of the house by 6:30. Mornings are typically my coffee/computer time... hmmm... we'll see. I'm still struggling, both with this cold & with food. The food stuff is just dumb. I haven't really over eaten, but my body just does not like wheat & especially sugar. My mom can 'watch what she eats' (seriously, that's all she does - no tracking, no counting, a little of this and a little of that, etc.) and she drops weight like crazy. I'm seeing over & over again that I have to be low carb to lose and probably for the most part to maintain. Oh-well. Better than blowing up like a balloon like I have been, I guess. So onward and DOWNWARD. Really.

Lynne, glad you're rocking those DD's! You don't sound airy-fairy to me at all... but then again, I grew up in and around Santa Cruz, Ca.... Oregon's probably pretty mild compared to Santa Cruz. lol You know what I say - whatever works! Give it a try and see how it goes. Sounds like another potentially valuable tool in your toolbox.

Marisol, I LOVE the profile pic. You're gorgeous!

Monica, how's the head... surely all better by now? Work settled down to a dull roar, too?

Danielle, hope all is well. Still thinking about a move? Enjoying your high carb week?

Stacy & Laura, thinking of you both as well & hoping all is well.

Happy Hump Day
Old 01-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #99

Quote:
Monica, how's the head... surely all better by now? Work settled down to a dull roar, too?
Headache comes and goes and now the dizzy spells have returend, I am see the Doctor on Friday to see if we can get to the bottom of this. Yesterday the dizzy stuff was AWFUL, I could barely walk! Thanks for asking!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
doing well here. We got a bit of ice the other day but everything is back to normal though a bit cold.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post

Stacy & Laura, thinking of you both as well & hoping all is well.

Happy Hump Day
Thanks! Doing well...just consumed by my job these days!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:43 AM   #102

WORK! GRRR why is it so necessary!

Just checking in! TOmorrow is FRIDAY! I am off tomorrow, I am heading to the doctor about these headaches and dizzy spells.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just checking in! TOmorrow is FRIDAY! I am off tomorrow, I am heading to the doctor about these headaches and dizzy spells.
Hope you feel better soon, Monica. Sick is no fun.

Lynne
Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Headache comes and goes and now the dizzy spells have returend, I am see the Doctor on Friday to see if we can get to the bottom of this. Yesterday the dizzy stuff was AWFUL, I could barely walk! Thanks for asking!
Yikes! Any signs of ear infection to go with that headache? Hope the Dr. not only gets to the bottom of it, but gets you some relief! Not fun at all

Marisol, I think it's awesome that you're giving Chris Powell's plan a try, too. It has definitely peaked my interest. Congrats on the loss! What do you think of it now that you're a couple days in?

Day one... again... under my belt. Onward...
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Ok, trying to get back to the land of the living! My back still hurts...yesterday was a great day and thought I was turning a corner...today, not so much

It's an all HC week and I'm miserable. I feel hungry all the time when it's carbs for every single meal for 7 days straight.
I joined another "4 week challenge" that Chris is doing... I'm super excited and very relieved that it doesn't start for another week or so....gives me time to pull myself together here and get to feeling better! I had a dream the other night that I got to meet him and speak with him... I would love to have just 1 hour with that man to bend his ear about my journey.

So far, not doing very well for the start of this challenge here. I was up a few pounds after my fall, and now the scale is just starting to go back down...sitting at around my starting weight for when we started this challenge... Meh. Not what I had in mind when I said I was gonna "kick some butt"

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, man. Sorry you hurt your back, Danielle. I must have missed that somewhere. Ugh. I hate being in pain. I have to wonder if the carbs are making matters worse by causing extra inflammation. I know Chris knows his stuff, though... and you're over halfway through the week. Sigh. Hang in there. Yeah, my butt kicking attitude took a major detour, too. I'm actually up a couple from my challenge start weight... yep, back over 200 at 201. Not a happy camper, but obviously have no one to blame. Hopefully those couple of pounds will be gone soon, cause they're really a bummer mentally. I'm sure yours will be gone soon, too.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Danielle, I'm so sorry your back is giving you trouble again. The carbs making you hungry all the time...I get that. I'd be in the same boat. Some carbs I can handle better than others. For me, it's not just the number of carbs, it's the type. I can handle homemade treats with no problem; the factory-made stuff no. It makes me break out in bingeing. (Who knows why.) Oatmeal is okay. Rice is okay. Bread is okay if I stick to Ezekiel 4:9.

Chris Powell's recommendation of Ezekiel 4:9 bread made me smile. Me too, long time. That is the best stuff!!

I really think the weight gain is only temporary. You're still kicking butt.

Tami, onederland will be back before you know it - you're here. I have a theory that if it goes on quick it will also come back off quick. And carb-cycling has got my attention, too. The 'slingshot' - the 7 day HC cycle that Danielle is suffering through right now is particularly interesting to me. I get stuck in a rut and then nothing works! A 'slingshot' might be just the thing to jumpstart things again. Chris Powell is definitely all about mixing it up. Maybe a once-a-week free day (on an UD, in my case) would be helpful too? Like Marisol said, I'm a little afraid of losing my motivation. For me, one free day leads to another.

Marisol, how's it going today?

Stacy, Laura,

Me... yesterday's DD rocked! I jumped on the scale and I'd love to know how I gained 15 pounds last challenge...up to 188! Now down to 186. But still. I'd better go update my signature. Le sigh.

I hope everyone's staying safe this flu season - I read at the CDC website yesterday that this year's H1N1 outbreak has met the epidemic threshold! I can't believe that otherwise healthy middle-years people are dying of the flu. It's surreal. People died of the flu in the 1800's and early 1900's, but after the Spanish flu outbreak and the rise of antibiotics in the years that followed (to treat the secondary pneumonia, which is what people actually died from), people stopped taking the flu all that seriously. I guess those days are over, huh?

On that happy note... I'm off to start my day. Gavin's school is having an in-service day tomorrow, so another three day weekend for him.

Happy Thursday!!

Lynne

P.S. to Monica. Hope you feel better today.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

One free day leads to another? I know not of what you speak Yeah, right. lol Friday's taco bell turned into what 4 days of crud? Le sigh, indeed.

Glad you've already gotten a couple of those silly pounds off. I like your theory of easy on easy off. It really is true for the most part. It's mostly water, replacing glycogen stores, all that jazz.

There is definite science behind the old 'refeed' which is basically the same as CP's free day, etc. I've never looked into it much, but a personal trainer friend told me I should easily be able to have a free meal (one meal - not days - hence the problem) a month and that it would jump start my metabolism. Interesting for sure.

Great job rocking that DD! WooHoo! I know how good that feels!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Aw, man. Sorry you hurt your back, Danielle. I must have missed that somewhere. Ugh. I hate being in pain. I have to wonder if the carbs are making matters worse by causing extra inflammation. I know Chris knows his stuff, though... and you're over halfway through the week. Sigh. Hang in there. Yeah, my butt kicking attitude took a major detour, too. I'm actually up a couple from my challenge start weight... yep, back over 200 at 201. Not a happy camper, but obviously have no one to blame. Hopefully those couple of pounds will be gone soon, cause they're really a bummer mentally. I'm sure yours will be gone soon, too.
Yep, I fell down a flight of stairs.. on my lower back and rear-end... I have never seen stars like that before I just got unlucky in that my slingshot week, TOM, AND a fall, all happened in the same exact week. I'm definitely ready for a LC day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Danielle, I'm so sorry your back is giving you trouble again. The carbs making you hungry all the time...I get that. I'd be in the same boat. Some carbs I can handle better than others. For me, it's not just the number of carbs, it's the type. I can handle homemade treats with no problem; the factory-made stuff no. It makes me break out in bingeing. (Who knows why.) Oatmeal is okay. Rice is okay. Bread is okay if I stick to Ezekiel 4:9.

Chris Powell's recommendation of Ezekiel 4:9 bread made me smile. Me too, long time. That is the best stuff!!

I really think the weight gain is only temporary. You're still kicking butt.

Tami, onederland will be back before you know it - you're here. I have a theory that if it goes on quick it will also come back off quick. And carb-cycling has got my attention, too. The 'slingshot' - the 7 day HC cycle that Danielle is suffering through right now is particularly interesting to me. I get stuck in a rut and then nothing works! A 'slingshot' might be just the thing to jumpstart things again. Chris Powell is definitely all about mixing it up. Maybe a once-a-week free day (on an UD, in my case) would be helpful too? Like Marisol said, I'm a little afraid of losing my motivation. For me, one free day leads to another.

Marisol, how's it going today?

Stacy, Laura,

Me... yesterday's DD rocked! I jumped on the scale and I'd love to know how I gained 15 pounds last challenge...up to 188! Now down to 186. But still. I'd better go update my signature. Le sigh.

I hope everyone's staying safe this flu season - I read at the CDC website yesterday that this year's H1N1 outbreak has met the epidemic threshold! I can't believe that otherwise healthy middle-years people are dying of the flu. It's surreal. People died of the flu in the 1800's and early 1900's, but after the Spanish flu outbreak and the rise of antibiotics in the years that followed (to treat the secondary pneumonia, which is what people actually died from), people stopped taking the flu all that seriously. I guess those days are over, huh?

On that happy note... I'm off to start my day. Gavin's school is having an in-service day tomorrow, so another three day weekend for him.

Happy Thursday!!

Lynne

P.S. to Monica. Hope you feel better today.
I do ok with HC days every other day..no problem... it's the 7 days of it in a row that is a definite shock! Amazing to think that no wonder I was always hungry when I was eating any ole way I've tried the Ezekiel stuff and just can't hang I've never been a big bread eater anyways so I don't really feel as if I'm missing anything by not having any incorporated into my plan. I have no clue if the reward day helps anything except for maybe my brain.... it keeps me from feeling deprived

Monica~ really hoping you get some relief soon, that's scary!

Marisol, Laura, Liz
Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #110

Well DR ruled out ear/sinus issues. She ordered blood test for a few things. Not sure what all she ran. May be nothing , who knows.

Danielle - how are you today ??? Hope you are doing better.

Tami no looking back , only forward. Holidays are to be enjoyed!!

Lynne - enjoy the long weekend with Gavin!! Any word on this iPad ?? I rocked my DD yesterday !!!!

We got home from the DR and cleaned house . Fun times here !!!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #111

Stacy / Laura have a great weekend
Old 01-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Yikes, Danielle! Hope you're feeling better soon! I can definitely relate to constantly starving when eating carbs. The change is really dramatic. Not fun at all. But this is obviously working well for you. Looking forward to hearing how your body reacts to this slingshot.

Monica, so weird. How are you feeling now?

Enjoyed spending ALL day with the baby yesterday. He really is a joy. He's taking several steps in succession on a pretty regular basis now, though he still drops & crawls when he's in a hurry, which he usually is. lol. He's the busiest 'easy' baby I've ever met. Usually busy babies are higher maintenance and he's just not. He's easy going, go with the flow, but in constant motion. I'm really grateful that I'm getting to know him and he me <3
Old 01-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ so glad you're having a great time with that baby! What a blessing it will be for him to be so close to you as he grows up

This past week was long. Hurt, hungry, and dealing with TOM... I ended my week slightly up over a pound... To be expected during this week, however, it's a first for me since starting this program so I was less than thrilled. It is what it is and just gotta keep moving. Still in pain and not quite sure what to do at this point.. may have to go visit the doc, and I am not too happy about that.
Supposed to be starting a new 4 week challenge come Tuesday and I am now very nervous about it! I can't move! This means that all of my eating is going to have to be very meticulous if I intend to win again.

For now, just trying to stay put for as long as I can before I have to get up and do anything..it's not working very well

Monica~ I do hope you get some answers quickly, that is no way to live!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

A pound is nothing after a high carb week.. no worries, Danielle, it'll be gone soon! So sorry you're still hurting, though Argh. Back pain just sucks so bad. Ice is always good. Hang in there & rest as much as you can.

My sister & brother in law are really frustrated about the rental situation here. They just can't find a house in a good neighborhood at a decent price and are frustrated. It's one of the many reasons I told them they should stay in Idaho... but I really am enjoying the baby. They just need to be patient, but they're ready to get out of my mom's house like yesterday and I get that. Something will come up. I just hope they don't jump at something ok in a cruddy neighborhood just so they can get into their own place.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #115

Danielle - with your injuries , inflamation is most likely the reason for the 1 pound increase. Give your body time to heal before you get too upset!!

Tami - what a lucky little boy. I am sure your sister is frustrated, I can't imagine living with my mom

Feeling good today . My DDis more a mid day, such is. 173.8 weigh in yesterday
Old 01-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica. After a long frustrating day of 4 of us driving by the house they seem to be settling for and non stop texts and discussions it sounds like they're moving next weekend. I really wish they would avoid that neighborhood, but I'm tired of being the bad guy and bringing up all the negatives. Oh-well. I know they'll move before baby gets into school, but it would be nice to be able to walk around your neighborhood and feel safe. They were approved through the property management company for a house near here (decent neighborhood) but the owner denied them... we were all annoyed... it was within walking distance to our library, a nice park, etc. After that they just seemed to settle for whatever the prop management company threw at them after that. It's a nice house, and the street it's on seems ok, but there are bad bad bad areas surrounding that street. I don't get it. Oh-well. Just venting. Sorry.

Glad you're feeling better, Monica! Hope you are, too, Danielle! I probably won't be on much for the next couple of days, but diet is going well.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wannabeinspired
Been sick

Hey guys,
Im still really woozy and out of it. I woke up Friday morning sick as a dog. Tried to go to work, and they made me go home. I almost asked someone to drive me I was so exhausted.
I literally fell into bed and slept for two days. Barely ate anything. I didnt watch tv or read, which is what I normally do when sick, heck I even look forward to it as a treat when Im ill.

I still dont feel 100%, but better. I haven read all the posts since ive been away, but wanted y'all to know I wasnt gone. I hope everyone is doing well.

Marisol
wannabeinspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeinspired View Post
Hey guys,
Im still really woozy and out of it. I woke up Friday morning sick as a dog. Tried to go to work, and they made me go home. I almost asked someone to drive me I was so exhausted.
I literally fell into bed and slept for two days. Barely ate anything. I didnt watch tv or read, which is what I normally do when sick, heck I even look forward to it as a treat when Im ill.
Marisol
OMG I'm glad you're okay! Flu? Well, welcome back!!

Lynne
Old 01-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #119

Wanna - hope you are feeling better now!

Tami - I am sure they just want out. Hopefully it will all go ok and they are able to move to a better neighborhood soon.

Lynne - how goes it?

Danielle - feeling any better?

I had a really dizzy day yesterday. Not sure what is up! Today, seems better!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #120

My blood test all came back normal.

Sugar
Thyroid
Liver
Kidney
Anemia