Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Wannabe- I will have to look into that.

It's Thursday! Yesterday's DD was not the best. GRRR today is an up day, so I will enjoy. Tomorrow, I need to think on how to make it work!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Lynne~ You've been through a lot! I can imagine feeling betrayed, but like Marisol said, the biggest person she's betraying is herself. Tough stuff.
Be kind to yourself

Tami & Monica, I hope you both are starting to feel better!

Marisol~ I was in an abusive relationship when I was 18. It was the relationship that would not end. Such a scary period of my life. He was scary! Last time I heard about my ex too, he was being charged with aggravated assault and B&E. I'm pretty sure he's in a prison somewhere, cause I can pretty much guarantee he's done something to someone, somewhere! I'm glad that you've found a happy life after all of the trauma Have you read Chris's book? I love his stuff on believing in yourself and how almost magical it becomes when you truly start to believe. So exciting!
------------

Hit my low again from earlier this week.. I pray it sticks but I'm not holding my breathe since tomorrow is my Reward Day.. I do know that I'll go into it being very conscious of food and making sure I get all of my water in! LOL

I was really hoping that we were gonna get to go to Vegas at the end of this month to see P!nk...but I don't think it's gonna happen.. We've been helping DS with $ for the last couple months until at least Feb. when his money will show up from school... We also ended up shelling out $2k while he was here for work on his car! I can't really complain because it was done at DH's dealership and I know those guys cut him a huge deal... but I joked about it at the time, about how each one of those parts was costing me a P!nk ticket or a night in a Vegas hotel.. Oh well, we do what we have to for our kids, right?
Besides, I've seen her twice this year

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

Thank you for all your encouragement about the divorce and the betrayal and the abusive ex, etc. We (Gavin and I) have been patiently plotting our escape for years, and this is it! D-day, at long last!!

Tami, thank you, you've given me an idea! I've decided to get myself a bottle of my favorite perfume to celebrate. It makes me happy every day I wear it. It's weird, I actually smelled that fragrance yesterday after you said that about pampering and it just clicked!

I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend. Walking is good for the soul, isn't it?

Danielle, I hear you about the "relationship that wouldn't end", omg. Thank goodness it's over.

I love the "believing in yourself" thing! I need some of that right now, too.

Marisol, I see why JUDDD might not be such a good plan for you. on the writing, and good luck on your novel!

That's a really good idea about the negative thoughts and giving them to God. Imma have to try that. Thanks again, Chris! Maybe I should get the book.

I think I could break my brain trying to figure out why she went back to him. But at the risk of sounding mean...I'm kinda glad he's got a distraction right now. If he's moved on, that's only good for me and Gavin.

Monica, I hope you're feeling better today. Headaches just knock the pins from under me - I can't think at all. Take care.

Liz, I know, right? Selective amnesia. I can kind of understand it, she's very very sick with liver failure - waiting for transplants - and the ex is right there to take her to doctors appointments and hold her hand and calm her fears. She tells herself he's magically reformed and that everything else she knows is a terrible misunderstanding. What's that called - euphoric recall? The same way drug addicts forget all that their drug has cost them when they want a hit.

Me... it's DD for me, which means plenty of chocolate . Good thing!

Happy Thursday, ladies!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Monica- The kids are doing great we survived the holidays and the kids made out like bandits as usual. Spent lots of time with the family and enjoyed every second of it. Thanks for asking how about your kiddos??
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Lynne~ Ugh, yes, the relationship that wouldn't end It was insanity! I can't tell you how many times I had to have my windows replaced on my car from him bashing them in... he even came into my work and started a major scene, chased me to my back room. When a co-worker tried to intervene all hell broke loose and my ex beat him up! Nearly lost my job over it, but thank God my coworker was there, and he even said the same thing despite being assaulted. Talk about guilt! And all this happened after months of he & I being broken up...but that was his M-O..he'd show up out of the blue and try to start stuff..accusing me of things as if he was still my fiancé.. Scarred me for a long long time.. I'm so happy that you & Gavin have been able to build such a wonderful little life together. You will forever be his hero and the love of his life

Did someone say chocolate!!!! I am craving it big time today. I am so thankful we do not have any in this house! PMS city, man!

Chris's book was $2.99 for the e-reader.. I *think* it may still be... if you can, get it and read through the first part of the book...especially chapter 2. It's my most favorite part of the book I love that man to pieces...I think almost as much as his wife does! ...He's amazeballs...and quite frankly, so is his wife, so, really, I can't hate her!

Liz~ dont'cha love it when the kiddos get spoiled rotten! I truly miss when my kids were little, I had such a wonderful time with them all. Watching them open gifts was always such a hoot, with them getting super excited about certain things! Nowadays it takes a lot to impress my big kids
Old 01-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Cheesy Low-Carb Eggplant Parmesan Recipe - Food.com - 316691

This is the recipe I found for the low carb eggplant parmesan. I did not use any meat in it just fyi!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Stressed today due to work - so mad at myself....I let it get to me and I found chocolate. I did so well this week....and then came the chocolate! UGH!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Stacy me too... I have been stress eating all week at work. I have a candy box I sell behind my desk at work, have had it for 6 months. Never ate anything from it nor was I tempted to, but this week... eating all the m&ms. At least $10 not in my pocket because of it.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:59 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
It must be something in the stars ladies.... I have struggled all week to stay on track, Last night I said screw it and ate a few things I shouldn't have. But then I gathered myself and made myself log what I ate. Much to my surprise I stayed within my calories for the day. Wasn't the best choices in calories but I am happy that I didn't let a small derailment throw me completely off track. My norm is if I am going to eat things I shouldn't I will eat lots of it to make up for all the things I couldn't have while dieting. TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME that is all we can do.

Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #70

Liz - my 2 are doing good. Let me just say, having a DS15, not always awesome. His mouth! MAN oh MAN! Such is! I have struggled getting back into things too! One day at a time is the best solution!

Lynne - if Yesterday was a DD, that means UD Friday for you! LUCKY!!!!! I'm on a DD!

Stacy - don't fret it. Dust off the chocolate smears and move on!

Laura, M&M's are my CRACK! I can't have an open bag anywhere near me. Open = GONE! No matter the size. Small, medium, large or even the XL huge bags! I can't be near the dang things!

Danielle - what a wack job your EX was. I am so glad you were able to get away from him! What a mess!

Tami - where are you girl??? How's that BABY? are you back to norm healthwise??

Me, I have never been abused at all. My Ex DH in a heated arguement shoved me, LET ME TELL YOU THIS, I am sure he has never shoved a person since then. I made it crystal clear no matter how mad or heated things get, touching ME in an aggressive manner was NOT acceptable!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #71

It's the weekend! I can't wait for the work day to be done!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Lynne~ I can't tell you how many times I had to have my windows replaced on my car from him bashing them in... he even came into my work and started a major scene, chased me to my back room. When a co-worker tried to intervene all hell broke loose and my ex beat him up! Nearly lost my job over it, but thank God my coworker was there, and he even said the same thing despite being assaulted. Talk about guilt! And all this happened after months of he & I being broken up...but that was his M-O..he'd show up out of the blue and try to start stuff..accusing me of things as if he was still my fiancé.. Scarred me for a long long time..
OMG, Danielle, I am so glad you survived to tell the tale! I think this kind of stuff is the reason a lot of women don't leave. They're afraid the bad guy will bash in their car windows and cost them their jobs - or worse. That was me, too. Thanks for sharing this, it helps.

I got Chris Powell's book last night for 2.99 on Kindle. It's pretty great so far. The part about keeping your promises to yourself? Love that.

Stacy, thank you for the recipe!

Live to fight another day, I say. Chocolate kept you from a worse crime.

Liz, that's amazing that you logged what you actually ate and turns out it was not that much! Progress!!

Laura, I hope someone comes up with a cure for stress eating soon. I need it too.

Me... it (the divorce paperwork) is done. Also: I'm making a New Years resolution to dress better. It's been a long time since the "can't leave the house without makeup" days, but I feel unstylish.

Happy long weekend, ladies!! Any plans for it?

Lynne
Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
My Ex DH in a heated arguement shoved me, LET ME TELL YOU THIS, I am sure he has never shoved a person since then. I made it crystal clear no matter how mad or heated things get, touching ME in an aggressive manner was NOT acceptable!
I am so glad you haven't been abused. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I would also like to point out that our exes are not abusive because we somehow failed to get the message across to them that abuse was not acceptable. (My ex would have died before getting the message.) Our abusive exes went on to other victims because they *could*; because they wanted to, and because our society didn't really discourage it. Terrorizing your wife/girlfriend/fiancee is not really treated as a crime.

Lynne
Old 01-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wannabeinspired
Hurt my back :(

Danielle, Your guys name didn’t happen to be AJ did it? Sounds crazy familiar.
The very first night AJ ever laid his hand on me I fought back - Charged him like a 5’2” rhino that weighed 120lbs. I managed to knock him to the ground with that head butt to the stomach. But remember, he’s almost 6’8” tall, so fighting back like that was a suicide mission, but I was ANGRY!.

Thank GOD there were a bunch of people there and when he floored me to the ground and started slapping me silly, I flailed about trying to reach a rock. I grabbed it and swung as hard as I could through the air, hitting nothing… one of his friends pulled him off me and everyone told him to go home. I walked back to my car that night and discovered that my car had been nearly destroyed. It was an old car, made of metal and his huge feet had left dents all over it. He ripped off my mirrors, pulled off my radio knobs, folded my license plate and shattered half the windows. I thank GOD every day for the gentle man he finally gave me. The last time I fought back, I hit him with my car, he and his bicycle went head over heels over my now dented windowless car. I was afraid for my life. I ran home and gathered as much stuff as I could. I didn’t want to call the cops because I loved his family so much. I left and he was already in the front yard. He lifted me into the air by my throat and proceeded to bang me against the garage like a rag doll. I couldn't breathe enough to scream, and really thought... this is it. I'm dying... His grandmother by some small miracle came home early that day and drove up to this nightmare. Bless her heart, she called the cops right away. So, sometimes we do fight back, and it can be deadly.

Monica, I know you were being supportive when you posted your success, but for those who are abused, it can feel a little like, “This is what you should have been able to do.” A lot of our stories are so complex, and the abuse can creep on, insidious and subtle, kind of like boiling a frog. Turning up the heat a little here, a little there, till you don’t realize the hot water you’re in. The abuse is usually mental first, kind of like preparing us to accept the physical. Please know that I believe 100% that you meant well. I’m not upset at all, I just wanted to explain how it could be misconstrued. 

Me: I threw my back out last week. I rested it for three days and started working out again even though I wasn’t completely healed. Yesterday woke up and tried to do Chris Powells 9 minute workout. Three squats in and my back went out big time. I was walking around like a little ole lady. Hunched over and shuffling all day. I cried for like 20 minutes, not from the pain (though excruciating) but from the disappointment with my body. It is rare and beautiful when my body wants to get fit and I am truly motivated. I have never been more motivated, where I actually look forward to working out… and now I am and my body is saying NO!

I am so scared that I will lose my motivation.

I was reading Chris Powells promises section and I made myself a promise. I would continue going to the gym with my husband, putting my daughter in their AWESOME kidzone, and spend the time stretching and working on my mental health in regards to fitness. SO, creating meal plans, working through the emotional chapters in the book, etc..

I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! I had to share this strategy with everyone because maybe one day you too will be in this position (I hope not) and you will be sad, but then you will remember, you can still be devoted to your fitness goals, you just have to adapt it a little maybe. Anyhow, I hope it helps. 

**NOTE** In case you all think I am some crazy violent person for hitting him with my car, I am not. This was the age of no cell phone. He had me blocked and cornered and was threatening to kill me. I truly believed he would. I hit him with my car gong about 5 miles per hour, just enough to get away***

Last edited by wannabeinspired; 01-17-2014 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Needed to clarify point
wannabeinspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello my lovelies

Marisol~ Wow, yeah, it's so weird, I hadn't thought about that idiot in some time, so it's really taking me back... and no, his name wasn't AJ, but that could have been me in your situation....completely. You're absolutely right, it started mentally, he changed me, he made me believe I wasn't worth more than he said, and then the physical stuff started... He preyed on the fact that I'd already had such low self-esteem and he proceeded to just disintegrate what was left.. The control that he kept over me, looking back today, I am astounded by...just unreal.. And like you, I have been blessed with a wonderful man for the last 20 years who has been my rock, my angel, and my love.. He has put up with a lot, especially those early years, as I learned how to shed that person, and move forward... I'll tell ya, I really believe to this day the reason why I refuse to wear long sleeved shirts and long pants much at all, despite colder temps is because back then it's ALL I wore...had to cover up the bruises....
I am excited by your ideas for promises... it's an amazing portal into all over transformation. I have struggled for years and years with any sort of self-affirmations, totally incapable of believing in myself at all, despite truly wanting to be successful at everything.. I totally believe this is the key to it all. I love looking back at the end of each day and seeing all the promises I've kept to myself...and surprisingly the ones that don't get done each day is dwindling and that excites me!

Ok, so I hurt myself today. Did a funky thing on the stairs and ended up on my tailbone... I'm bruised and gained a nasty carpet burn on my arm.. I think I must've bounced down about 4 or 5 stairs on my back...I went down so hard that my sandals flew off my feet, and the tote I was carrying with cleaning supplies flew up into the air and landed everywhere, not before the windex hit me in the head Needless to say, I am sore and one hurtin unit right now. We're supposed to go out to dinner & a movie tonight.. I am really going to try, it's date night, and I've been so looking forward to a few hours alone with my hubbs!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

SEPHORA!

Lynne,
even though they can sometimes make you look like a clown... it can be fun to go to Sephora or a major department store make-up counter and get a mini-makeover.

And its free if you can leave without buying anything. Which, lets face it... some of us (cough), have definitely done before.

Pampering yourself is on the to-do list this weekend!

Danielle, I am so sorry to hear about your back
Take it from me... don't do anything that could aggravate it. Maybe bring a small pillow for your bum... But keep date night with hubbie for sure,
even if it ends up being movie night at home.
Marisol

Last edited by wannabeinspired; 01-18-2014 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: sentence structure
Old 01-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
...but I joked about it at the time, about how each one of those parts was costing me a P!nk ticket or a night in a Vegas hotel.. Oh well, we do what we have to for our kids, right?
Playing catch-up, but boy isn't that the truth.... got a good chuckle out of each part costing you a ticket. lol. Gotta love 'em & yep, gotta do what we can to help the little buggers out
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:11 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Tami, thank you, you've given me an idea! I've decided to get myself a bottle of my favorite perfume to celebrate. It makes me happy every day I wear it. It's weird, I actually smelled that fragrance yesterday after you said that about pampering and it just clicked!

You so deserve it, Lynne. Glad I was able to help plant that seed
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Liz, Stacy, Laura... I feel ya. One day at a time, indeed. I blew it last night on something so stupid. Taco Bell... really? I don't even really like taco bell... and I could have easily made it low carb if I wanted. Ugh. Already working on water today, hoping it doesn't screw up my Monday weigh in too bad. Hate restarting when it's only been a couple of weeks. Blah.

Monica. I'm here. Had the baby half the day yesterday and came home to try to catch up on the housework that I've been severely neglecting since this crud started. Doesn't even seem like I made a dent. Blah. Baby and I were both more congested and coughing yesterday. Everyone assures me that this thing just hangs on and hangs on. I am feeling better, just not there yet. Nose is running as I type... could be worse, I guess. How are you? Did that headache finally depart?

Marisol, absolutely NOT thinking you're some crazy violent person! Good for you for standing up to him. You never know, those few extra seconds where you fought back could have been the difference between life and death. So glad his grandma came home when she did and called the cops. How scary! I grew up with my dad acting like that, mostly toward mom, but he could turn on anyone when in that state and sometimes totally at random. Ugh. I swore I would never get married. Had my life planned as a single mother, because I knew I wanted kids, just not a man to get in the middle of my parenting and screw everything up. lol. I got lucky and met a great guy who changed my mind about all of that, but hearing all of your stories reminds me of how little I trust people & why. There are a great many people who simply don't deserve an ounce of our attention, let alone our trust. Hugs to all of you survivors...

Marisol, so sorry about your back. I know the pain of disappointment in our bodies well. I often say the pain sucks, but the not being able to do what you want, what you used to do, what you think you SHOULD be able to do is even worse than the pain. I know you get that & hope you're feeling better soon! Baby steps...

Danielle, OUCH OUCH OUCH! How are you feeling today?

Can you believe I've never done the make up counter makeover thing? I really should, too. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to makeup. I've always gotten away with mascara, powder & gloss. Now that I'm getting older it seems I need a little something more... primer, maybe? Who knows? Well, I'm sure someone does, but it's not me. Lynne, once again I wish we lived closer. We could embark on this little make over thingy together.

10 people have probably commented since I started reading & responding, but I *think* I'm finally caught up & hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Hurting big time today... scale is way up.

I did the make-up counter thing at Nordstrom's a long time ago...so much fun, you guys really need to do it! Much to my husband's dismay (or his wallet, maybe ) I've discovered all kinds of new stuff that make me feel good I'm finding as I get older my complexion is getting blander... finding I need more color, especially on my cheeks and lips so I look like I'm alive

Ugh, long night last night. We went out. By the time the movie was done I could barely move. Probably not the wisest choice, but it was nice to be out.

I am headed into an all high carb week...not looking forward to it with the way scale is behaving, but what can ya do. I'll do my best to keep it super clean so hopefully the scale will keep me at least to my newest low for the week. TOM is circling so this will be tricky.

Today I'm supposed to do grocery shopping, furniture shopping with DD17 and take her to a movie... pray for me people
Old 01-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Liz, Stacy, Laura... I feel ya. One day at a time, indeed. I blew it last night on something so stupid. Taco Bell... really? I don't even really like taco bell... and I could have easily made it low carb if I wanted. Ugh. Already working on water today, hoping it doesn't screw up my Monday weigh in too bad. Hate restarting when it's only been a couple of weeks. Blah.
Taco Bell....I hear ya! I can't help it I love their tacos for whatever reason
Old 01-20-2014, 06:29 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I am so glad you haven't been abused. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I would also like to point out that our exes are not abusive because we somehow failed to get the message across to them that abuse was not acceptable. (My ex would have died before getting the message.) Our abusive exes went on to other victims because they *could*; because they wanted to, and because our society didn't really discourage it. Terrorizing your wife/girlfriend/fiancee is not really treated as a crime.

Lynne
Lynne, I completely agree and I apologize if what I wrote made you feel in ANY WAY, that you were responsible. I do not FEEL that way at all. Again, sorry, if I lead/indicated otherwise!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #83

Danielle - be careful with tail bone issues. THat little bone can cause horrific amounts of pain. I had mine chipped when I was in 8th grade (which was a long long time ago) and I still have tail bone issues! Have you considered sitting on a "donut" pillow? It might help! Feel better girl! Again, I apologize if I offended you as well! I hope you know me enough to know, I didn't mean it at all in that way!

Wanna - sorry about your back. Back issues are no fun. I come from a family with back problems. My Dad has had 3 back surgeries and my sister at age 36 had 2 rods and 8 screws but in her back! Be careful and do what you can to heal that! I apologize if I offended you as well!

Tami - I am sure your sister is so happy to have moved. SO MUCH HELP! You know, the house work can keep! It's not going anywhere! Feel better, then tackle it 100%! Again, I apologize if I offended you as well! I hope you know me enough to know, I didn't mean it at all in that way!

Stacy - what's for dinner? I need inspiration!!!!!!!!!

Me, I have never done the counter make over thing. I have a complete HATERED for anyone touching my face. Heck, DH isn't even allowed to caress it! I don't want other hands on my face at all! FREAK, that is what I am!

How was the weekend for all? Me, I had a Perfect DD Friday, then to blow it big time yesterday! I think I need an intervention! GRRRRRRR
Old 01-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Monica - I'm getting back into the swing of meal planning finally, so here is what I've got planned for the week so far.

I made Linda's Pizza chicken last night....loved it! I broiled chicken breasts seasoned w/garlic powder & s&p for 10 minutes, then put the chicken in a baking dish and topped with tomato sauce and sauteed green peppers, mushrooms, onions & pepperoni. then I topped that with mozzarella and oregano and baked for 15 minutes. I highly recommend this one.

Tonight I am making something with cauliflower...either in a casserole with ground beef & cheese, or making it mac & cheese style; I haven't decided yet.

Tuesday - chicken breast stir fried w/broccoli
Wed - leftovers
Thurs - leftovers or turkey meatballs w/marinara over spaghetti squash (i make Giada's mini turkey meatballs sans ketchup and bread crumbs)
Fri - TBD, leftovers or order pizza - or make something super easy

Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Marisol, yes. Thank you for backing me up, nobody tends to do that for me in real life.

Also, I don't think you were crazy and violent for hitting the bad guy with your car. We had a bank robbery standoff here in my town a week or so ago...and the policeman deliberately hit one of the suspects with his car! Just like in your case, the intention was just to put a crazy person out of commission. The cop wasn't looking to kill the guy, and he didn't; the bad guy is fine, and in lots of trouble. The cop's reasoning was that it seemed safer with all the people around to hit him with the car than to shoot him. Good thinking, I say.

I hope your back feels better soon. I'm feeling it too, now that I'm 45, the injuries don't heal as quickly as they used to. And yes to the promises!! I think it's easy to get negative thinking going when we stumble, and talk ourselves into quitting. We have some control over that.

Monica, I know you didn't mean anything of the sort. Thank you for apologizing.

I had a perfect DD Friday, too. Good on us!!

Danielle, I'm sorry to hear about your tailbone, I know that hurts. I hope it didn't make your date night miserable! Your description of falling on the stairs is pretty funny in a Wile E. Coyote sense, though. I loved how you told it, complete with the Windex hitting you on the head. But oh my goodness, the aftermath. I'm just glad it wasn't anything more than your tailbone that got banged up!

I'm pretty sure the scale is just telling you about the water you're retaining to heal your injuries, nothing more. It leaves just as quickly.

Tami, Monica, I am right there with you about the disgust with "starting over when it's only been a week or so". All I can say is that we're having a little trouble transitioning back from where we've been - on vacation or out sick. Me too. Keep trying. Baby steps.

Me... it's DD for me again. Chocolate (protein shakes), tea, and rest.

I have been getting buckets of deep, restorative sleep for the last two nights. I've been waking up disoriented and sore, which is the norm for me when I get a good night's sleep. I haven't done anything differently to bring it on. But I'll take it! It's wonderful!

I'd better get my day started. It's a beautiful, sunny day here on the coast.

Happy MLK Monday, ladies!!

Lynne
Old 01-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #86

Quote:
Monica, I know you didn't mean anything of the sort. Thank you for apologizing.
I feel horrible for the way I wrote it, writing XX but meaning something completely and totally different than what was stated.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Yummy chicken pizza sounds sooo good

Monica,
Those back issues sound painful...eeek. I will be extra extra careful now. Thanks for asking for recipes. That Pizza Chicken Stacy mentioned sounds DELICIOUS!

misscobi: I like Taco Bell too, I really love the crunchy Taco Fresca. Not too bad calorie wise but I bet the sodium is off the chain! I never watched my sodium before as my BP is really great, but Chris says watch the salt, so that's what I'm a gunna do.

Me I had a wake up call this morning! Oh my God... it took me FOREVER to make breakfast and the 3 other mini-meals I have to eat today. I was 30 minutes late to the office because of it.

But I think it was worth it. I've never felt so full or satisfied on a diet before. This is my first "real" day. I've been flirting with the low carb thing and yesterday & today ate within 30 minutes of waking. Still so alien to me, but I'm trying to enjoy it.

I think the hardest thing will be the "extras" but I am hoping that with a built in cheat day, that wont be so hard to overcome. We will see. 2 nights ago I finished off a perfectly healthy day with a king size twix. I wasn't officially on the diet yet, but I was still upset with myself. It says in the Chris Powell book to be accountable to others... So, here I am...being accountable.

I did weigh myself this morning and was pleased to see a loss! Not a lot, but a move in the right direction! Finally... So, my new numbers are:

192/191/172

Last edited by wannabeinspired; 01-20-2014 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I feel horrible for the way I wrote it, writing XX but meaning something completely and totally different than what was stated.
What did you actually mean, then? If you want to try again.

Lynne
Old 01-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeinspired View Post
Monica,
Those back issues sound painful...eeek. I will be extra extra careful now. Thanks for asking for recipes. That Pizza Chicken Stacy mentioned sounds DELICIOUS!
It does sound good! Easy, too! I have to try that now. Thank you, Stacy!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #90

I think what I was trying to state was, that's the closest I have ever been and I admire you all for how you have dealt with it and gotten beyond it. I have many friends who have been abused either physically or sexually or both and I know the lasting mark it makes on a person. I also know, through them, that not everyone has the BALLS to get out/help/ or otherwise. All of you here who not only got out of the situation but moved on have my full respect. What I was stating with my "story" was I can't even wrap my head around any thought/inkling/or threat of abuse. I think I started a thought and didn't fully complete it. I would never belittle a person or a situation of abuse.

I again apologize.