Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quick drop in to say before heading out to watch the baby for a few hours. He and I came down with this cold/flu at the same time, so no worries about infecting him. Just very very glad that it's only for a few hours today as I'm still wiped out. I got some decent sleep last night, though, so I'm hopeful this thing is starting to turn around. We'll see. It just seems to go up & down.

Danielle, how are all of your sickies? Hope better!

Lynne, that just sucks about the ipad. It's obviously not your fault. Someone needs to fix it!!!

Monica, <3 your busy weekends. I don't know how you do it... which is weird, cause it really wasn't that long ago that we were in constant motion & I thrived off it. haha. Weird adjustments life brings to us. I'll be happily hunkered down in my jammies trying to get this disease to leave my body for good! lol

Liz, glad it's warming up! Enjoy!

Stacy, hope things settle down for you soon! I still lean heavily on Atkins. It's really what I learned and what I do. I just don't follow the rungs perfectly anymore. I know what my body tolerates & what it doesn't & just go with it.

Happy Friday!!! Yay!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
G'morning my lovelies! I am still trying to catch up on this thread...but I have to say, Monica, those pictures are awesome! It looks like you guys had an amazing time! It probably feels like a bummer to be back to the land of reality, huh? I always hate that part when vacation is over.

DD17 is still home.. she still isn't keeping food "in" She has literally slept for the last 2 days straight with the exception of trips to get more water. Hoping today is the day where things turn...she's miserable. DD19 is up and running and doing ok. DS left yesterday... OMG I am so worried about that kid. He's going through a bit of depression and it's freaking me out! Luckily he's got the ball rolling for counseling on campus and goes again next week...just hard to see your kid struggling and not a whole lot you can do to help! Poor kid, on top of that, originally we had planned for Christmas to give him a new stereo deck for his car, as his other one crapped out... well, DH took his car into his dealership to have the techs look at his breaks and this weird smell DS was complaining about... So we knew we'd have to pay for that and ......$2000 later and them having the car for a week, all the things wrong with it were fixed... needless to say, he ended up not getting the radio installed---we ran out of time! So, he'll have to come back down to get it done some time. He seemed in good spirits when I talked to him on the phone when he got home...I hope it lasts for alitle bit!

Diet wise, just plugging along! Keeping my head down and trudging forward
I am trying to set some goals for, like, either the end of the year or maybe early 2015...like some 5-10k's or perhaps a half-marathon soon... and I am scared $***less! So far I haven't committed to anything, just poking around and seeing what's out there.. scary scary scary! But, trying to following my program and in that I need to be setting goals and keeping long-term promises to myself.. this stuff is HARD!

Ok, I will be back. I've gotta go back and read more here to see what ya'll have been up to!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Monica the cruise looks wonderful... chocolatini Plans for the weekend... let me see..... WORK.

Lynne hope you get your iPad back... what a ... can't think of a word it will actually let me use for him.

Stacy I understand the work is crazy thing... at mine you'd think the world would end if we didn't run Lysol wipes 24/7.

Liz we're suppose to get to the 50's .. I keep looking at my capris.

KK off to work I go. Have plenty of food for the night since I haven't eaten yet today. I'll be working on a goal for this challenge. I didn't make the last goal. I hope to do better this time but wont if I don't stop stress eating at work.

and also a lot of them are here: https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/l...ion-buddy.html

Next big goal for me....180 or 65# down
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, sorry to hear about DS... such a scary age for them to be feeling depressed... so much pressure, coupled with being away from home and just not knowing how to deal with it. I'm glad he's got some counseling lined up. I know the school's take it seriously, or at least they better! It's a huge problem with our college age kids. I'm definitely pulling for all of you! Glad one daughter is out of the woods, hopefully DD17 will be feeling better soon! As for running type goals, have you looked at the Tinkerbell Half at Disneyland in January, 2015? I think that would be a blast, but can't even think about running yet. This cough still rules my world at the moment.

Laura, hang in there!

I've been up for several hours, have gotten basically nothing accomplished and I think I'm going to go crawl back in bed. This week will be just busy enough to have me a little worried about handling it and this sickness crud. A few more hours to recharge won't hurt
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:50 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami, thanks. It was hard to send him off knowing how he's feeling. He has good days and bad days... I do know he has really good friends around him and they will do their best to take care of him.. He is making efforts to help himself, via therapy and exercise. He is looking to perhaps train for a marathon or something....anything to keep his mind in a positive train of thought. He told me he feels a lot better when he's exercising so he makes the effort to do something daily.. Smart kiddo!
Did I tell you that DD19 DID finally move out? She did it this past weekend. She's in a weird space right now...I can't say that I necessarily understand it and I'm trying not to smother or bug her. Feels really weird to go from 5 people always here the last few weeks to just 3...and most of the time now it's just me We're looking to maybe move to another place somewhere around here.. While I like the condo we're in, I hate the traffic we are subjected to every single day!

I've contemplated that marathon...but I'll tell ya, the idea of signing up for one...any one, scares the bejeezus outta me! I keep thinking though, if Chris Powell were here he'd have either signed me up himself, or been asking me to sign up..and more than likely, if it were up to him, I'd be doing that thing THIS year, not next! It's all about getting out of your comfort zone, I get it, but man, I'm all about the uber baby steps...I'm really really wanting to work on that this year! Scary stuff!!!

I really really hope you get to feeling better....seems that this thing has hung on way too long! It's like that thing I had last year...I didn't think I'd ever be without coughing ever again! Feel better!!!

DD17 is going back to class today. Thank goodness! Poor thing is now buried with tons of homework, but she'll work it out.. Work bugged her every single day she was home, asking her to come in and work.. good grief, really???

Anywho, busy day with the hubs today.. going to run errands and looking for some new end tables and lamps for my living area... I'm so freakin picky we may not find a thing...maybe we'll kill eachother, but find something, I'm not holding my breath!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:30 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Off to babysit in a minute, but wanted to say I'm so glad your DS is taking this depression seriously and has some tools that he knows work to combat it. Good for him. As for DD19, all you can do is stand by, be supportive and watch. They're all in weird places right now. lol Glad DD17 is on the mend. You're right, this thing just hangs on forever and ever. I have my walking shoes on thinking I'd take the baby for a walk later today (high's supposed to be 70 ) but I haven't stopped coughing since I woke up, so... yeah... we'll see. We should really think about that HALF marathon... surely we can prep for 13 miles in a year? Hmmmmmm..... Good luck shopping

Oh, I'm down 3 for the week. No more. Blah. I know it's all water this first week back and I was hoping for more, but I'll take it and try to tighten things up I guess.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning, everyone!!

Stacy, I hear you about airport food. Of all things. Good for you staying on plan during meetings and such. That's hard to do.

What is your job, if I may ask?

Danielle, . Watching DS struggle with a major thing like depression, hanging in there with him, while at the same time letting him solve his own problems, not going all helicopter on him - that's some graduate-level parenting right there.

Congrats on DD19's big move! Poor DD17. She's got the wonkiest tummy anyway, right? Hope she feels better soon.

It sounds like your household is in a state of flux right now. Might be a good time to solve that traffic problem , get all the changes over with and out of the way. Everybody's different about that. Me, I'm a gradualist; big changes upset me greatly and I need to take them one at a time. Others like to get it all out of the way at once and then regroup. You know your family best.

Liz, was it really in the 60's for Saturday? I cannot imagine. Deep freeze to late spring in three days.

Tami, so sorry about the crud. I'm imagining you and the baby coughing together. Sorry.

On being only down three pounds: Your water levels are surely all kerfuffled by the crud, so maybe you *are* down more and it just doesn't show yet. Still, three pounds ain't nothing to sneeze at. (Thought I probably shouldn't say "sneeze" to a lady kerfuffled with the crud, should I? )

Marathon sounds wonderful, ladies! Is it okay to walk a marathon, or half marathon, or is it required to run? 13 miles is a long way even to walk. How do you train for this?

Monica, speaking of athletic endeavors...how did that volleyball tourney go??

Laura, me too. Stress makes me want to eat, so I'm right there with ya. Better luck to us this time!!

Me... well, no word on the iPad yet. I'm with you, Monica, I think somebody just helped themselves to it. I hope they get busted. Apple should be able to help with that, since you can't use an iPad without iTunes!

I have strained my back. It is just a muscle strain, I've been checked out thoroughly to rule out the truly nasty stuff, which is good; but it really really hurts! So. I'm taking it easy today, taking naproxen by the shovel-full, and not sitting at my computer much longer. It helps to walk.

The weekend storms have quit, at least. I tucked my Vespa up under the front porch and set it up on its center stand; and now after the 75 mph gusts have passed, it's still standing upright and still has all its fiberglass panels intact. Major win!! That's life at the coast for ya - mold and nautical weather.

Okay, I'm out. Apparently I'm supposed to ice this muscle thing in my back, but I really don't see that happening.

Happy Monday ladies!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good morning, everyone!!

Stacy, I hear you about airport food. Of all things. Good for you staying on plan during meetings and such. That's hard to do.

What is your job, if I may ask?[
I work for a major credit card company in which I support several large market sales teams. I travel for meetings a few times a year...can be anywhere from 2-6 times approx. I lucked out this time as low carb options were plentiful except the very last day.
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wannabeinspired
Hello, My name is Marisol. I have never posted to these forums and am a little clueless. I understand some things intuitively like when you have three sets of numbers like 100/100/100, the first is your start weight, the second is your current weight, and the third is your goal weight, but when posting from previous challenges, why doesn't the middle number stay the same?

I tried to do low carb once about 9 years ago. It lasted about 3 days. I started having dreams about oranges and I caved.

I have been yo yoing my whole life and it seems the only thing that works is fasting/extreme calorie restriction. I always start off trying to be "healthy" counting calories, excercising, etc... and then I get frustrated by the lack of progress and cave in to extreme approaches.

The last two weeks I have faithfully excercised every day (except New Years Day when the gym was closed) and I have eaten under 1300 calories according to my tracker.

I havent lost ANY weight. So here I am again, frustrated. I scoured the net looking for inspiration and fast weight loss and stumbled onto this site.

I am very sad about my weight because I gained 30lbs in 8 weeks AFTER I gave birth in July. Yes, after. I had only gained 10lbs my whole pregnancy. I was so proud of that. But I wasnt producing enough milk for my baby so my doctor put me on Domperidone and I gained 30 lbs in 8 weeks. I weigh more now than I ever have and I am so sad, I feel like it isn't my fault. I though that if I stopped taking the Domperidon (Dr. suggested I stop) that the weight would come off as fast as it came on, but it didn't.

I am 5'2" and weigh 192lbs.

My spring fling goals are:
192/192/172

I chose this forum because everyone seems engaged and focused, but it is still small enough to not be overwhelming. I'm looking forward to becoming part of this "family"

-Marisol
wannabeinspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Marisol

I hear ya Lynne. I can't seem to leave the crackers alone. Need to make some low carb ones and hope I like them.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, Marisol! At least you have a VERY good excuse for the extra weight. I just told my sister the same thing. As for the middle numbers changing, in my case it's because I flubbed up at the end of the last challenge & went UP instead of down over the holidays... I didn't have the heart to completely erase the hard earned 184, but started the new challenge at 199. Blah. Either way, I have a ways to go. lol

Lynne, so sorry to hear about your back Glad to hear it's nothing serious & hope you're feeling good as new soon! I LOL'd at the coughing, because we DO cough and sneeze at the same time and the baby thinks it's hilarious! lol The whole kerfuffled system makes sense, too. That had crossed my mind. Not only have I been sick, but TOM was last week, too. No doubt I've been on the edge of dehydration. Now, where's my water?

Laura, somewhere on this site there's a recipe for flax crackers in the dehydrator. I didn't keep the recipe, but if I remember right you were to soak the flax seeds 2:3 in water, so 2 cups seeds, 3 cups water, add some salt & whatever else you want & dehydrate. I bought the seeds, but haven't made it yet, because I'm out of parchment paper & haven't bought the special screen thingies for my dehydrator.

Well, I got that walk in today. It was actually really nice, though I was winded way too easily... almost scarily easily, but we made it 2 miles. It'll do
Old 01-14-2014, 06:49 AM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Marisol love having you here!

Danielle - glad to hear DD17 is back on the mend! Good luck with your running plans! I have done many 5K's and 10K's and 2 half's. Then I messed up my foot! It was fun, but I am an all or nothing gal and I tended to take over me when I was training! I need to learn balance!

Tami how are you feeling? Back to your normal self??? How's that BABY??

Stacy - how goes it? Made anything YUMMY lately?

Laura - how goes it with you?

Lynne - that makes me livid about that Ipad! How's the writing going?

Me, I finally weighed. I am up 9 pounds! Yes, I said that right. 176 is my weight. I think that it was almost 1 month since I weighed in. No since sugar coating it. I ate/drank my way through the holiday's and the cruise! Now, back to reality! I had a good DD yesterday even though I am sick! My sinus' are giving me all kinds of issues. I feel a little better today, maybe by tomorrow, I will feel normal??? If there is a normal for me!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw Lynne thanks! I'm trying, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a mess inside. You could not pay me to redo my teen/young adult years. EVER. Not with what these kids have to deal with. I'm a wimp! I talked to him yesterday and he seemed in good spirits..he had therapy which he really likes the therapist so that's a huge plus right off the bat. He told me not to worry & that he would be A-Okay. He's such a "doer"....he likes to find out as much as he can about how to help himself before he says anything...it makes me worry less a tiny bit knowing that he does have a good head on his shoulders.. He's just got a lot on his plate and I really think my dad's passing was the breaking point.

I'm bummed to hear that that iPad has not been recovered. What a slimy thing to do for whoever took it.. I hope it electrocutes them...I'm not one for violence but in this instance.... Dirty Birdie!

Tammi~ Great job on the walk. Be gentle, you are just getting over something that's hung on for a long time. I'm sure it will take you a little bit to get back to where you were. Not to worry, you WILL get there! I would LOVE to do that Disney marathon...I was dreaming about that last night I know DD17 would love to do it so maybe I need to think on it..

Laura~ I'm so glad that you finally got your boy back home...it's tough being separated. The weight thing will even itself out once you guys get settled and on an even routine again.

Monica~ Bummer you're sick! The weight will be gone soon, you know what you gotta do.

Me~ quiet day today...DD17 has class until 9:30 today---it's a "half day"....things get kinda wonky when you only have 3 classes Then she's got work the rest of the afternoon & DH works all day... so, just lil ole me sittin here. It will give me a chance to catch up on my workout and some housework that I ignored this weekend. I really am thinking about the possibility of a trainer...I get excited about the idea, and terrified all at once. I really just want fitness to be a huge part of my days and I'm not educated enough to really know how to get to that point. Lots of things to consider, time, $, etc...
Old 01-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Thank you misscobi, I was struggling with uderstanding the numbers. It will probably take me a while to catch on to the lingo and such too. The good thing about your walk winding you is... you clearly burned some calories!

Monica,I think its wonderful that you are able to catch your gain now, before it become unmanegeable. I have lost and gained weight so many times. I always wonder after the fact... why did I let it happen again? By catching it now, you are so ahead.

DesertGurl, enjoy your time to yourself. I think DD17 means you have a 17 year old daughter. I have a DD16, and she has those weird half days too. When I was at my fittest and happiest body wise, I was in a bootcamp class. Money wise it was a great deal because there were only 8 of us in the class, so it felt like having my own personal trainer 3 times a week, and the girls were so supportive. That might be a good option if a regular trainer is too expensive.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I felt good about this group when I read through the posts.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Marisol! I'm so sorry! !!!!! Sheesh, I swear, if my head wasn't attached today I'd be wandering without it.

Yes, DD17 means I have a daughter who's 17.. I cannot believe that my baby is graduating this year! What ever will I do with myself! I joke about it, but seriously, I will bawl like a baby at that graduation... yanno, you always figure you have all this time with your kids...and ya really don't! Hard to believe that I've got 2 out into the world and 1 right behind them!

Thanks for the idea about the classes! That may be something I have to look into! Of course, right now I am uber self-conscious about my weight so I dunno when I will attempt to any of this stuff
Old 01-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Going to try Carb Cycling too

Hi DesertGurl,

Last night my DD16 gave me such a hard time about lowcarb, and since she has an eating disorder, I am really sensitive to how I behave in front of her. My curiosity was peaked when I saw in your little profile box to the left of your posts that you are doing a Chris Powell thing. I didn't even know he had a book! I should have guessed of course...duh...

Anyhow, after looking into it, I think I can participate in this eating plan much more easily and still remain sensitive to my daughter's hypersensitivity to me and my eating behavior, than to do Atkins Induction, which she would definitely notice.

How long have you been doing it and how do you like it?

Marisol
Old 01-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Welcome Marisol!!

Danielle- I am with you on the working out stuff if does tend to get overwhelming!!

Monica - Normal? What is this word you speak of lol!! Back to the grind girl, you will be back to your pre-holiday weight in no time.

Tami- Good for you on the walk.... at least you did it and that is all that matters... hope you are feeling better ASAP.

Lynne- It was just below 60's this weekend and they are calling for snow sometime later this week crazy weather we have here. This is not the norm. Kind of scary if you ask me.

As for me nothing fun and exciting to report... I bombed over the weekend and am back on plan. I really need to get my act together on the weekends or its back to low carbs seems to be the only thing I can stick to over the weekends...we shall see

Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Marisol, I'm sorry to hear about your DD...that's such a tough road
I admire you trying to stay aware of your behavior's for her sake.
Ummmmm, I've been cycling for I think going on 4 months this week, I think? It feels like it's been forever so it's weird to actually stop and think how long have I been doing this LOL
I love it. I like how I get to eat, and I never feel deprived. I am not the world's fastest loser (insulin issues) so the weight doesn't come flying off nearly as fast as it does for many..but I'm content.

Liz~ hey girl! Back on plan and that's all that matters! Weekends ARE hard, so be kind to yourself, love. ♥
Old 01-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle!! I am trying
Old 01-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Happy Tuesday, I'm happy to report that Im 2 lbs down from Saturday - yay!

Marisol - Welcome!

Monica - I've been pretty lazy lately with dinners, but tonight I marinated bone-in chicken thighs & drumsticks in olive oil, garlic lemon juice and sprinkled all kinds of spices & seasonings in there and baked at 400 degrees for an hour....it turned out great. I'm out of groceries (mainly produce) so I just ate the chicken...felt weird not to have a veggie!

Also when my DD19 was home from school, I made a recipe for her - a low carb cheesy eggplant parmesan recipe that I found online...we loved it.

Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

thought I had a routine in place and here I am up after 9pm and rushing around to have something to eat for the night. Grrrrrr...
Old 01-15-2014, 08:03 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Laura, sorry you were scrambling last night. With your schedule I think I would be doing that often! Hope you found something satisfying.

Stacy, YAY

Liz, weekends are so tough. You're back in control now and that's no easy feat. Hang in there.

Marisol, big kudos for taking your daughter's eating disorder into account and making adjustments for her sake. If you're ever confused about the numbers, lingo, etc. please ask. We're all pretty nice & not one of us would mind explaining. Love these challenge girls

Danielle
, a move sounds a wee big terrifying, but so exciting. Kind of like the running & taking classes stuff. I'm a wimp, too and it's so hard to break through those fear barriers. You were all witness to my meltdown over bars. For whatever reason I was a panicked mess about going and hanging out with hubs while he played darts... and now? I get a little anxiety when we go different places, but for the most part I'm really, honestly, truly loving darts and the bars those darts are thrown in aren't the big scary monsters I imagined at all. I've made some nice budding new friendships & really love several of the people we play with. You just never know.

Lynne, any news with the ipad. That is just so frustrating!

Monica
, I'm right there with you, hun... and I don't have the awesome cruise pics to show for it. lol. We're back on track and will get back to those old lows. I came up with a decent phrase to describe where I'm at with this illness... I'm much much better, but still not well. It's still up and down quite a bit, but the general trend seems to be toward wellness, so hoping we'll all be well soon! Baby is an absolute total doll. He's 8.5 months old now and is still just a super easy baby. I'm watching him 2-3 times a week depending on my sister's schedule. It's exhausting, but he is truly a joy. I've seen a couple little temper tantrums out of frustration, which was more funny than anything at this stage. When he first figured out how to walk behind and push the walker that he got for Christmas it would get stuck against the furniture and he would THROW himself backward with a scream when it got stuck. Oye. lol. I followed him and his walker around catching his head before it hit the floor and using the word 'turn' over and over again as I gently turned the walker. lol. He gets it now and walks to the other side of the walker and pushes it backward, then back around. He's a smart cookie, but that was our first experience with little tantrums out of him. Pretty silly. For the most part he really just goes with the flow.

We had darts last night and had a blast. It was our first time back in two weeks(? or more?) and we had a make up league match from when we were sick. It really was fun. I was on fire starting out, but it didn't last. lol. Being so new I'm fortunate in that I have a naturally easy, balanced stroke, but absolutely no consistency at this point. I haven't decided if I really care, but I am enjoying the game and the company Oh, and down 2 more pounds to 194 this morning... slowly but surely...
Old 01-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

Welcome Marisol! I'd like to invite you to explore JUDDD, too. Some of us here are doing that. It's a calorie cycling plan, lower one day, higher the next, that allows you to eat whatever you choose within the calorie limits. I'm doing a very simple version of it which is 500 calories on DD (down day), 2000 calories on UD (up day), alternating every other day.

I don't know if you'll find it appropriate right now for your life, but I thought I'd throw it out there so you at least know it exists!

Monica, the chocolatinis with your DH were worth every pound! It will come back off in no time.

The writing is going well! 55k words now.

Danielle, at the electrocution anti-theft app for the iPad!! That would be a hoot. ZAP!!

The status on the iPad is: the current resident claims he hasn't seen it. The Fed Ex guy delivered it on Nov. 25th, and doesn't have a record of it having been returned. Now it's over to Apple to see what they know about it.

Liz, you'll figure out the weekends! It *is* hard to stay on weekday plan on the weekends, isn't it? It's almost like we crave a vacation after a week of hard work! I know you will find something that works for you.

Stacy, your chicken sounds yummm!! Can you share a link to that lc eggplant parmesan recipe? It sounds delicious, too!

Tami, how do you feel today after your 2 mile walk?

Me... tomorrow I file the paperwork that will make my divorce final. I just found out that my abuser of 12 years has gotten back together with the woman who a year ago helped me and Gavin get restraining orders with her testimony! She didn't tell me she was seeing him again! He tried to kill her once and she had a restraining order too! I feel so betrayed and bewildered.

(See why I write fiction? My life is a soap opera.)

Needless to say, this isn't helping me stay on plan, not one little bit.

I'll be glad when all this is over...

Happy Wednesday, ladies!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Omg, Lynne. Soap opera material, indeed. I know women go back to their abusers way too often, but it's just impossible to understand. My mom would surely still be with my dad if he were alive. I don't get it. So glad you and Gavin got out from under that and away to safety. I'm sure the other woman was too embarrassed to tell you she was seeing him again. So sad. Your life has been so difficult lately and you repeatedly handle it with grace. Wish there was a way for you to get a bit of pampering after the filing is done. Big hugs...

The 2 mile walk really didn't effect me after the fact at all. No soreness, etc. My legs and back are sore today, from just doing nothing standing around at the bar last night waiting for my turn. I told hubby to keep reminding me to SIT DOWN. lol. My back doesn't deal well with just standing around to start with and apparently this body is no where near 100%, yet. I think I'll live
Old 01-15-2014, 08:32 AM   #55

Tami - so glad you are "on the mend". I know what is going around here can take a LONG time to heal from. I didn't have anything that bad, just sinus congetstion. Honestly, if the headache would just go away, I would be GOLDEN! That baby sounds perfect. what a sweetheart. How lucky is he and your sister you are able to watch him. Daycare exposes kids to so much illness! My kids were sick a LOT! Now, in school, not so much, but building the immunity, HORRIBLE! DARTS, as long as you are having fun, WHO CARES! I am the same about bowling. I love it, but man, no matter what I do, I am not consistent. 1 frame strike. Next one, 2 pins~

Lynne - how strange of that woman to go back. I know there are women who tend for that type of situation, but that is HER! you are smart and you got out! No turning back now. That totally stinks about the ipad! What a mess.

I am feeling a little better today. As I indicated, if this headache would go away, I would be golden. I am so many meds, DD's are higher than norm. Such is! My tummy gets very upset with meds and no food. Rolling with it for now!

Hope everyone else is chugging along!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

So glad you're feeling a bit better, Monica! Hope that headache goes away soon!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Lynne- what a crummy feeling! I agree with everyone else, you did the right thing by getting away from him. If this other women is to blind see it, let that fall on her. Try not to stress yourself out over it. I have a felling some people completely wipe the past from their memory. Craziness I tell you!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Monica - Hope that pesky headache goes away. Nothing worse then a nagging headache. Feel better soon.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #59

liz- how are the girls doing??? Survive the holiday season with their/your sanity in check?

Stacy - your meal sounds amazing!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

I am in such a crabby mood today

I don't know why, but I am really grumpy today! Arggghhhh

Stacy, I LOVE eggplant, maybe you can share the recipe.

Thank you misscobi, DesertGurl, I am trying hard to do the right thing by us both. Right now Im trying really hard not to beat myself up over it. I know that watching me develop my eating and weight loss behaviours over the years had to have contributed to her self esteem issues and eating disorders. Using Chris Powells suggestion to make a promise to myself, I am going to promise myself that every time I have that negative thought I have to imagine giving it to God in an envelope. Like, really imagine sitting down, writing a letter to God, sealing it, putting a stamp on it and holding it up to heaven.

Lynne, I appreciate the offer. I had looked at it [JUDD] and it was an attractive option to me as I had lost a lot of weight the last time when I did intermittent fasting, and this is similar, but I think my daughter would notice it too much if I was only eating 500 calories a day. Guess what? I write too. I've been trying to finish one novel for 7 years haha. But by golly!! One day!!

And Lynne, I am so sorry you are going through such a rough patch. I was raised by a family of abused women, and I promised myself it would never happen to me, oh no...no way, not me.... Well, it did. Within 6 months of getting married to my first husband, he (6'7&1/2" tall to my 5'2") thought kicking me in the stomach and back was appropriate behaviour. It only happened four times, but I often wonder why I didn't leave after time 1. It is so much harder than people who have never experienced it can possibly imagine. But I have to tell you, my life has done nothing but improve since the day I found the courage to leave. And my ex-husband??? Well, last I heard, he had been arrested for attempted murder.

You are absolutely doing the right thing, and yes... that girl most definitely betrayed you, but not nearly so egregiously as she has betrayed herself. I pray for her too.

Monica, have you tried aromatherapy? When I was pregnant and didn't want to take pain meds for my headaches, I used it and it really helped!

Last edited by wannabeinspired; 01-15-2014 at 01:22 PM..