Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
BLITZ XVI January 1, 2014 - March 31, 2014

Hope this works! Hey Blitzers, let's get the New Year and the new Blitz off to a good start!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 203 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Yay Abi, thanks for getting the new thread up!

I'm checking in, ready for a GREAT NEW YEAR.....let's do this!!!

I had a great NYE, we played Monopoly, watched movies....everyone drank wine EXCEPT me.....I had NO CHEATS!

I'm so glad I found you guys again, it's so much better to climb back on the wagon when you have friends giving you a hand up!!!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/229.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
tammy, some of us are lying on the ground next to the wagon, just climb up on our bodies!...haha!

nice job, abs!...you and marilee are so good at starting blitzes...it takes me an hour just to find the main page!...

the kids are all gone...i miss amadora already...i held her for a long time this morning...she loves when i play guitar for her - she falls asleep so peacefully...our youngest son went to our building with our second son who is gonna help him install new speakers in his car...

i spent a few hours at the building today too - kind of a pre-storm inspection...all looks fine!...then washed the salt off my truck and as i bent to wash the undercarriage, my back popped - sheesh - it had been feeling so good, so now i'm lying on the couch trying to rest it...maybe a dip in the hot tub later will help...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CuriousCat
Stats: 215/155/145-135 range
WOE: LCHF under 20gms total carbs
Start Date: 11/21/13
Quick explanation of the Blitz for us newbies? I have a goal set for the 31st already so I'm interested in knowing if this will fit in.
CuriousCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Curious, noting fancy at all about the Blitz. I had to go back a ways and found I joined Blitz III (October 2010) and I asked about the "rules" back then. There really aren't any. You can follow whatever plan you want, weigh whenever you want etc. We are a small group that is supportive of each other and not too chatty as I have seen in some groups. Like when there may be multiple posts back and forth between a few members that lasts for pages over a few hours. Please join us, we love having new people here.

Well gang, the Christmas/New Years junk is just about gone, whew. We will finish off the pumpkin pie tonight and tomorrow is D day for me. I have been researching ketogenic diets etc. and am going to try something along that line. It must have been fairly similar to what I did when I found you guys and even before that. I am not sure if I am going to buy the ketostix or not; I have also read that there are ketone blood monitors out there, similar to the ones used to check blood sugar but the strips are very, very pricey: not for me.

I have been gathering recipes and pinning them on Pinterest. Does anyone else here do Pinterest? I got hooked in May when I was in Florida visiting my DIL and her family. I love it.

My oldest son and DIL are heading back to Florida today. They had a delay in Chicago due to the weather but they chose to give up their seats on the flight to FL in exchange for a $1500 voucher, how cool is that. It is making for a long flight day but they have the time.

My middle son will be heading back to TX tomorrow by way of spending a few days in MO with an uncle. Overall, it has been a very nice Christmas and New Years around here.

I saw on FB a friend who posted an idea for the New Year. You take a jar or a box and everyday write on a piece of paper something positive that happened. http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or...a775428aa3.jpg

Here is the link. You write accomplished goals, beauty of nature, surprise gifts, LOL moments, daily blessings, memories worth keeping etc. I meant to start today and still can, but I almost feel like tomorrow is the New Year, Oh, well.

Did anyone make New Year's resolutions? Mine is going to be where I set aside time everyday for prayer, meditation and Bible study. I have been doing it but, not whole-heartedly. I am not going to resolve anything to do with weight etc. that hasn't worked before anyways.

Well, I better scoot for now and will check in tomorrow.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Curious! Vicki explained our group so well. No rules just alot of support. What is your goal for the 31st?

Vicki, I love pinterest but am not as addicted as I was a couple of years ago when I first got on the site. I get emails from them periodically showing me posts that I might like and I'm off again! lol In my heart I feel ketogenic is the healthiest way to go and love when I can get back on that band wagon. I usually use the strips on around day 3 and if they are purple I feel like I am in ketosis. After that as long as I don't waver from my plan I don't test again as it is not that reliable for me.

We had a great time at my brother's last night. They had some sheep cheese there that was very sharp and delicious. the company is called vermont shepherd and if you go to their site they have some lovely photos of their sheep.

Vicki, I love that idea writing down one positive thing a day. I might not put it in a jar but maybe a little notebook. I also am a firm believer in taking some time each day to meditate or whatever is your personal preference.

Tony, so sorry about the back. Sure hope resting it and soaking in that hot tub works the kink out. I can see you teaching Amadora how to play the guitar when she gets a little older.

The snow has started here about an hour ago. They say 10 inches for us by Friday afternoon. If it comes down that slow we will have time to keep up with it. I don't think they will call off work today but maybe tomorrow. The Boston schools will be closed both days.

Taking the last frozen leftover meal of pot roast out of the freezer to bring for lunch today. lol No more pot roast for awhile. Now I have alot of Christmas ham that I cut up and froze so get ready for that. lol

Wishing all the Blitzers a very good day!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-02-2014 at 01:07 AM..
Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

OK folks, today is "D" day. I would like to have the D represent determination, desire, dedication etc. and not "diet".

So far I have had BPC. I have a small 4 cup coffee maker which actually is 32 oz. What do you know. I add in 1 TBSP unsalted butter, 1 TBSP coconut oil and I suspect about 1-2 TBSP half and half. I whirl the fats into a cup of coffee but end up adding the rest of the coffee to this original without adding more fat. I made a pumpkin shake using what leftover canned pumpkin I had using water, spices, stevia and Designer Whey vanilla protein powder. I just bought this powder along with a canister of chocolate of which I haven't tried yet, and I think this is an icky powder.

BAck when I had gastric bypass about 12 years ago, I drank a lot of protein shakes and tried several different brands of powders. I finally found a few acceptable to my taste. Well, fast forward to today and I don't use the powders as often, hence, I have forgotten what I like. Also, along with not wanting to put goofy ingredients and Splenda into my body, I have narrowed down my list. However, I think the Designer Whey may be one of those that I dismissed many years ago so, now what do I do with it?

Anyways, I am not sure how often I am going to weigh in. Initially I thought once a week, on Thursdays, would be how often. But, since I am just getting started, I thought I could do daily for maybe the first week.

One thing I found when I was responding to Curious, I went back to when I joined Blitz III and I was 180-190. Oh how I wish that was where I was out now. I obviously steadily gained weight through the Blitzes to where I am today at 266.8 and that was after I stepped on then off once to get this reading. The first weight is always about 3-4 lbs more. You have heard me comment about this several times previously.

I also uploaded several exercise videos from You Tube onto my Playlist and we recently purchased Google Chromecast which streams in videos etc from the internet wirelessly and displays on the TV. Works like a charm, so I exercised to an Exercise TV video this morning.

Well, my intent is to post my food eaten and exercise completed along with my weight. So, here we go.

Last edited by vli1127; 01-02-2014 at 06:54 AM..
Old 01-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Happy New Year!

Curious! As mentioned, we are a very supportive group that will help encourage you towards your weight loss goals.

2014 is going to be a good year. No specific goal except to stay on my WOE. If I do that, I'll lose weight. And, to keep telling myself, "one day at a time".

I have to get to work - I'll check in later.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

abi, you still have more POT ROAST!?...how the heck big was that cow?...or steer?...i didn't know you could freeze ham...huh!...i didnt soak in the tub last night - was gonna go in with dw but i fell asleep on the couch for 30 minutes and she was gone to the gym when i woke up...decided to wait for her, but two of my sons came home for dinner before she did, so........no hot tub...haha.

today is gonna be my first strict day...lots of water and salad with either feta or grilled chicken - that's the plan for today...i feel good and motivated...will try the gym tomorrow to try to give my back one more day of rest - it is balky today but i'm not gonna sit around for more than one more day...i gotta keep moving!

i always get psyched when january rolls around - i always see the calendar visually as three rows of 4 months, beginning with january through april, so we are now headed toward april!...and the days are getting longer!...yea!

i am determined to get to goal this year and to get a big chunk of that work done before summer...i feel thinner and healthier when i am at 210 or below so i will try to get there by june and then try to lose the rest after that...my problem has been losing motivation once i feel and look better, and then i start creeping up again...i really want to see 1derland this year!

vicki, i remember you hitting 199 at about the same time i was at 202 way back when...i never got below that however...let's both get there this time!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CrazyCat2
Stats: 204/196.5/150
WOE: LowCarb
Start Date: restart July '12
Hi Everyone~!
marking my spot...I'll be back.
BUT~I am determined also...tend to need a kick in the bootie to keep me in line~LOL~!
CrazyCat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Crazy Cat!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Catching up!

Congrats Tony!! Beautiful!

Welcome all!

I have tons of news. I will save the good stuff for later. The bad is I went completely off plan for the last 10 days and the results are UGLY!

Started back today and am feeling better. I had forgotten (again) how badly carbs make me feel.

Snippets of good:

1. New puppy! YAY!
2. Dairy Goats!
3. Prague Visit.

Will report on these items later.

Happy New Year!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi CrazyCat

Welcome back Lori

Thanks Tony, yes, we CAN do this.

Lunch was ham with horsey sauce and veggies

Dinner will be seasoned pork roast and spaghetti squash casserole of some sort.

I must add, that after seeing the pics of me from my son's wedding has prompted me to do something. We are hosting a reception for them on July 5th here and I want to be lower in weight. I know that events etc. shouldn't be the motivation to lose weight, but what the heck LOL.

Last edited by vli1127; 01-02-2014 at 02:05 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Loves!

OMG what a BUSY day it is....it's the first of the month AND the first of the year....everyone and their brother is paying rent.....I have TWO properties that I'm managing right now, and I'm short staffed... so I am just swamped!

The good news is that I am eating beautifully on plan and I am down 3 whole pounds since Sunday!!!

You know this time I have really gotten more into the science and technical side of this. (I have an inner nerd) and I've got spread sheets / graphs and pie charts to track EVERYTHING....and it is really helping to keep me motivated......I don't know why I never thought of this before.....I do a fricking spreadsheet or for everything else!!!

I'm glad everyone is doing well and off to a great new year....Tony you're right, we'll all do this TOGETHER.

Marilee, I LOOOOOOVE your avatar pic!

Ok kids gotta get back to work, I'll check in later!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 01-03-2014, 03:28 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Snow Day!!

Tony, yes you can freeze ham. It needs to be well packaged and if it is already cooked they say use it within 2 months to get the best results. I laughed at your calender in your head. My sister has always gotten a kick out of how I picture the year in my head. I see it as a horseshoe with a flat bottom. lol Sept, Oct, Dec are the left side of the horseshoe, Jan, Feb, March are the curved top, April, May June are the right side and June, July, Aug. are a straight line at the bottom connecting May to Sept. Got the picture? lol

Vicki, you really have a good program started. Wish I had an answer to the protein powder. I have a big tub of it too of vanilla flavored. I have a nice positive thing to write in my notebook today. I got my one year anniversary card for being at the candle company yesterday and the plant manager wrote he looked forward to seeing my smiling face each day.

Hi Cher (CrazyCat 2) We don't do any kicking in the bootie here but will give you all the encouragement we can. We are all in the same boat looking for answers that will work for each one of us!

Oh, boy, Lori, we knew you were getting the puppy but can't wait to hear about the goats and Prague!

Tammy, sorry things are so hectic right now and you are short staffed but wonderful about dropping some pounds already!

Will check in later to see what everyone is up to today!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, congrats on the recognition at work.

I made it through my first day of LCHF WOE, whew. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. I added two slips of paper to the New Year jar too.

Today's eats so far:
B - deviled egg and BPC (4 cups with 1 TBSP unsalted butter, 1 TBSP coconut oil and 2 TBSP half and half)

L- not sure yet

D - Cream cheese crust pizza and salad.

Today's weight: 262.8 down 4
Exercise: 10 minute solution Pilates

Last edited by vli1127; 01-03-2014 at 06:30 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

I sure feel for those of you on the East getting hit with another storm. It's going to be 75 here today...beautiful!

On plan for two days now. It's a freaking miracle! Satruday I'm going to my meat market and load up on quality meats to fill the freezer. I received a VISA gift card at Christmas and so I'm going to get a lot of rib-eye steaks and New York strips. Yummy!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF!!

Good morning all!

Oh my goodness yesterday was EXHAUSTING.....I went home and collapsed on the sofa.....my hubby asked if I was ok and I said NO....I HATE PEOPLE!!! He chuckled and asked if he qualified as "people" too....lol that guy always knows how to make me smile!

Yesterday was a rousing success, I picked up some ketosis strips after work so I could start monitoring my ketones....I was kind of afraid because in the past I've ALWAYS struggled to get into Ketosis and then to stay there....but BAM I was way on the deep end of the stick....SOOOOO EXCITING!!! Is anyone else using the ketosis strips??

Viki.....Cream cheese crust pizza??? Please share!!!

Abi congrats on your card and recognition at work.....it is so nice to work for people who appreciate you, and you deserve it!!!

Marilee, steak sounds yuuuuuummmmy!!! Maybe with a grilled artichoke eh??

Where's FF? Is he still checking in on the weekends?? I

Hi Tony, hows that beautiful granddaughter?? Are you getting plenty of quality Grandpa time in???

Ok everyone, off to work.....have a GREAT day!!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
down 5 pounds from Wednesday!

So excited.

Everyone seems to be off to a strong start in the New Year!

Now about the new positives in my crazy world...

The puppy is the best puppy we have every had! It is training well and has generally fit into our ordered chaos.

My husband and I have been tossing around the idea of dairy goats for a while now. Our children are healthy milk drinkers and we go through anywhere from 4 to 6 gallons a week. I have done some research on goat's milk and it is a good substitute for cow's milk and easier to digest. I hope the kids like it, because we just bought two dairy goats over the holidays!

Prague - This one I cannot stop smiling about. There were two spots for people from my department to go to Prague in March. Both of them filled up quickly as you can imagine with managers. However, the rest of "us" were entered into a drawing for the alternate. Guess what? I won the drawing AND one of the managers dropped out and is not going.. SO I GET TO GO!!! WOOHOO!!

I have been researching all the places to go, weather, running routes. Now I have to research foods there and see how I can continue eating on plan.

As you can tell I AM super excited! The kids...not so much!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, that is so great about Prague! I bet you are excited. So, did you let the kids see the puppy before Christmas or wait until after?

Hey Lady, good job on losing. I never had success with keto sticks - even when I was on plan faithfully, they never got over a light pink so I quit using them...they made me discouraged.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori, that is awesome about your trip. When do you go??

Marilee, 2 days in a row, yahoo. I went shopping today too and loaded up on low carb stuff. Aldi's had boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 1.69 a lb. each tray only breasts and they were around 4.5 lbs; each breast weighed a pound. I bought two trays. Unfortunately, the reason the breasts are so big is due to growth hormones etc.

Tammy, I will post the cream cheese pizza later. I found it on Pinterest.

I also made Key Lime Pie cream cheese clouds and Peanut butter, bacon and pecan fat bombs. Yummo.

I bought Keto stix today as well. I am not sure when to start testing since this is only day 2. Tammy?? How long were you on plan before you tested?

Last edited by vli1127; 01-03-2014 at 02:56 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Where's The Crust Pizza | Plain Chicken

Here is the link for the recipe.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Viki that pizza crust looks FABULOUS!!! I can not wait to try that....I think this weekend we'll have some pizza!

As for the ketostix, my understanding is that they should start registering after 24 hours.....I picked up the strips yesterday, and was 5 days into this....I started in earnest last Sunday. If you've been at it for two days I'd try just for the heck of it, understanding that your results will probably be even stronger in another few days. BTW....I'm a real cheap skate, so a little tip....if you cut the strips in 2 lengthwise you can double your strips....saves A LOT of money that way!!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

wow, i'm gonna have trouble keeping up with all you girls!...haha...where do i start?

abi, congrats on the recognition - i feel the same way he does except i don't actually "see" your smiling face...it's more like you make me smile every day :-) hmmm, i've never even thought of freezing ham...interesting!

lori, that is really exciting!...will you be going alone with the other manager?...will you have to work while you are there or is it a vacation-y thing?...my daughter sarah is very excited as she will be going to europe for the first time in may with a fellow nurse...paris, rome, and somewhere else...2 weeks i think...

marilee, it's a christmas miracle!!!...congratulations girl!...and now would be a good time for you to host our blitz-together at your house...the snow was light, fluffy and beautiful, but i could use 75-degrees right now!...

vicki, it's so good to see you finding your mojo!...your menu is making me hungry - uh-oh!

tammy, congrats on the ketosis - wow, that was fast!...as for grandpa time: emmy left with the baby on wednesday and i'm leaving for nashville on monday, so i told emmy i need to see the baby before i leave...i was on the phone with her today and the baby was vocalizing in new ways - very cute!...i MISS HER!...i will be kissing her either tomorrow or sunday for sure!...

hey cher, where's your bootie?...haha!

busy day of plowing and shoveling...ds helped me and we had a good time working and hanging out together...he is such a good boy!...i think he is inviting his new girlfriend over tomorrow for us to meet her and hang out...from what he's told me, she seems like a happy, cute, wholesome girl...looking forward to meeting her :-)

today:
b: skipped
l: skipped
d: salad topped with tuna - i will need to eat something else, but not sure what yet

it does not seem like a friday, does it???

Last edited by tony8; 01-03-2014 at 03:29 PM..
Old 01-04-2014, 04:34 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Aw Tony

Vicki, I have done what Tammy has done before and cut the strips down the middle to get double the strips. I think by day 3 you should see a difference. One thing I have learned is once you show you are in ketosis and you don't waver from your eating plan you will stay in ketosis but the strips won't show it as much any more. You start to burn the ketones rather than get rid of them and the strips will only be light pink or nothing at all so don't worry about that. Your pizza link did look so good! May try that today. Love pizza flavors - so satisfying.

Oh my gosh, Lori, going to Prague will be so wonderful! What a trip of a lifetime! We will travel with you vicariously!

It is 10 below zero this morning. Wow! We used oil last night and let the wood burning stove burn down because it needed to have the ashes cleaned out. DH also wanted to make sure the floors where the heating ducts and water pipes are stayed warm all night. Frozen burst water pipes are not a pretty sight!

I am looking at Linda Sue's recipes today to get some delicious ideas for low carb meals.
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Ground Beef Recipes

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning, I just got done exercising to Leslie Sansone's 3 mile power walk and sweat like a pig.

Haven't planned menu for day too much yet. Breakfast, the usual, BPC and HB egg probably. Supper will be leftover pork roast with sauerkraut and caraway seeds and veggies probably.

Abi, thanks for reminding me about Linda Sue's recipes. I have her page bookmarked but haven't been there in a while.

Today's wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4

Last edited by vli1127; 01-04-2014 at 06:16 AM..
Old 01-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Lunch was leftover spaghetti squash casserole and veggies. The casserole I just threw together, let me see if I remember what I put in it. A medium spaghetti squash, 4 oz of cream cheese, can of diced tomatoes, cut up green and black olives and some onion and garlic - yummy.

Hubby and I got the basement cleaned and organized which was one of my things I wanted to accomplish while on break. That took most of the morning. Later we will head out and run some errands. Monday we are to have dangerously low wind chills -35 - -50. The Minnesota governor already cancelled schools for Monday in that state. I suspect school will be cancelled around here too. Fortunately I am not back to work until Wed.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday!!

Good morning!

How's everyone doing? I slept in until 10:00 this morning!!! My hubby said I looked completely exhausted last night after my 2 Monday week and I guess he was right!!!! I do feel well rested right now though!

Viki, I'm totally making that cream cheese crust pizza today, I showed it to hubby and my fitness fanatic son and they both thought it looked awesome....they're doing the low carb thing with me as much as possible for support!

Lori, Prague sounds amazing, PLEASE share pics when you can!!!

Abi....10 below?? Seriously??? You east coast folks are amazing....I can not imagine that kind of cold! When my son graduated Boot Camp 6 years ago we went to Chicago for his graduation in JANUARY.....the wind chill was 20 below and it was AWFUL....took me a month afterwards to thaw out!

Tony, enjoy those baby snuggles every chance you can!! I love the smell of a freshly bathed and powdered baby snuggling in to sleep...I do miss that! Not enough to even THINK about having another, those days are gone.....but a grandbaby in the next few years would be a real blessing!

How's everyone else doing? Any plans for the weekend?
Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy, how nice to sleep in. I guess I can say that we slept in today too; 0700 LOL. I feel like half the day is gone by then. We were actually done eating breakfast around 9! (we both exercised after getting up, then showered etc. before eating).

I have been hungry today. I had a couple of "fat bombs" as dessert after lunch and now i just finished a Chai Latte' made just like the BPC except using black chai tea. I did add a packet of stevia too for a bit of sweetness.

We played a game of Dominoes while listening to a basketball game and now relaxing watching the Chiefs play. I haven't stepped outside all day and don't plan too
Old 01-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I made your pizza today and it was very good. I am eating a cold piece now and it is great. The crust when cold can be picked up like regular pizza. I did not put a whole teas of garlic powder in it, just afew shakes. I topped it with pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, mushrooms, and sausage. Delicious!