Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good evening all!

Today was good, wonderful weather, on plan with food, etc. Tomorrow I have another Managers meeting all day and they're bringing lunch in again.....but I've been promised that we will have MUCH better low carb options to choose from, thank heavens!!

Tony, how's Nashville? How's your leg? How's Sarah?

Abi, I hope you got home ok!! I do not envy the snow you guys get!

Marilee, I've done WW in the past, and I did like the point system.....I found the meetings to be very valuable because of the accountability of weighing in. I have known plenty of very large ladies a WW and was always impressed with the privacy and courtesy that the WW folks showed everyone regardless of size. You are a BEAUTIFUL lady and should not be so self conscious!!

Vicki, I'm glad you're folks are doing better!!

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hey gang! This will be short and sweet today. I got my egg white powder in the mail yesterday and made some of the egg bread. It took all my free time this morning so I will tell you about how it came out later with pictures!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Tony, I never was good at geography, but English, English Lit and history I was great at! LOL!!!!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am making bacon cheeseburger meatloaf and mashed cauli for supper. Breakfast was 2 soft boiled eggs and flax toast, lunch deli turkey and tossed salad. I did have a med cup full of skittles and one chocolate kiss.

I am nursing my son's sprained ankle. He rolled it during BB practice. It was the last practice of the season along with the last game tomorrow of which he probably won't play. Hopefully, it isn't broken. We will see what tomorrow brings. We are doing the RICE treatment now.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Ooooooo Vicki, hope your son is okay!... Keep us posted.

Marilee, you're too funny. ;-)

Abi, I will buy a loaf of whatever you're making...haha

Tammy, Sarah is great...Nashville is cold...my leg is okay..Some numbness but no real pain - I will take this anyday. Hoping it stays this way til I get home!

Eating well but no exercise - afraid to do it til I'm not facing a flight...vivid memories of my last flight when I almost had to cancel my trip!

Travel day tomorrow - hope y'all have a great day!
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:45 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Well here are the pictures of the egg bread and my impressions of it.

The recipe made two loaves. One regular and one smaller so next time I will half the recipe.

Not toasted it has the texture of angel food cake

Toasted is pretty good but the crusts are very chewy and crunchy. Might be better to cut them off. The slice in the front of the last picture was toasted in the toaster oven.

I took some toasted and untoasted to work for the gang to give their impressions. No one asked for the recipe. LOL After a time the toasted slices got very rubbery so if I am going to toast it I will eat it immediately. The texture untoasted remained about the same.

Comments were it tastes like an omlet and another said like french toast.

My small loaf in the disposable aluminum pan came right out but it was caved in on both sides making it not a good shape for sandwiches. The larger metal pan the loaf stuck to the bottom ruining it for slices of bread. Next time I will put a piece of oiled parchment paper on the bottom.

I will make it again but can't rave about it.

I just toasted some for breakfast and put a little butter on it. Except for the crusts it was not bad. It is almost carb free, very healthy, and would be induction friendly.

I want to try it toasted with tuna salad and see how I like it. Also want to try it as a grilled cheese sandwich.

Vickie, hope your son's ankle heals quickly. So sorry he won't be able to play in the last game. Those mean so much to the kids.

Tony, you are smart to play it safe with the back/leg business and not tempt fate before the flight home.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (43.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (56.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (60.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 02-07-2014 at 01:49 AM..
Old 02-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Still alive and kicking!

Stomach virus still getting passed back and forth through our home. My 8 yo DD was out of school 1 1/2 days this week not counting the snow day and 2 hour delay. My 18 yo DS is finally hit his rebelious stage. Really bad timing! DH has been told he has to stay in Canada through next week. Indoor soccer starts tomorrow. Two older boys have homecoming tomorrow. Girl scout cookie sales are over this week. Whew! Also, cheer camp over this week! At least two things off my plate !! Studying for my broker's exam. Ack! Had another bad carb weekend last weekend due to DH's birthday and going out of town to celebrate. Geez!

Puppy is growing like crazy! I think one of the goats might actually be pregnant. Think I might load them up in the trailer and just have the vet check them really quick. Crazy at my house!

I'm in the process of reading posts to catch up, but may not be able to do personals for a while. trying to study 2-3 hours a day when kids are asleep and have to cut out some extracurriculars until my test April 7. Miss you guys!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author

Last edited by LoriAS; 02-07-2014 at 07:54 AM..
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #248
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori, so glad you checked in. Study hard. We know you will be back when you have time. You sound very busy.

John's ankle wasn't broken, but he is wearing a splint for a week due to a sprain. Today was the last BB game, he suited up but didn't play. Regardless, the A team won tonight and they ended up only losing one game.

I made bacon cheeseburger meatloaf last night along with mashed cauli and John had seconds on meat loaf. Tonight, I am trying turnip fries.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

Supper is over and I have decided that I DO NOT LIKE TURNIPS
Old 02-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi lori,
so good to see you and no worries on being busy - we all understand ;-) hope the stomach bug goes elsewhere soon!...

vicki, congrats on the bb team season - wow!...happy to hear your son is okay, at least that nothing is broken...

abi, i am impressed and grateful for your write-up!...between the baking and the report, you could have gotten credit for a master's thesis!...how much snow did you get?

got back a little while ago, all safe and sound...uneventful flight back - everything was on time... :-)
Old 02-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Hi kids!!

Tony, welcome home! Glad you're back safe and sound, hope your trip was all that you wanted it to be!

Abi, thanks for the update on the bread.....considering the price of the Jay Robb egg whites I think I will be passing on it.

Vicki, glad your sons ankle is not broken! LOL, sorry the turnips didn't turn out.....I've never tried them, guess I wasn't missing much.

Lori, goodness you have been busy!!!! I think you need a trip to a day spa with a pedi and a nice long massage!!

Well the last couple of days here have been busy....managers meeting again yesterday and they brought lunch in. THANK HEAVENS they brought in a Fajita bar, so I was able to load up on some fajita chicken and a little steak with plenty of sour cream, cheese and guacamole, skipped the tortillas...perfect for on plan!!! They also had an appetizer bar with sliders, egg rolls, breaded chicken strips, etc......I completely skipped that! It's funny too, because about 30 minutes after lunch EVERYONE at the meeting was complaining about being tired, could barely focus, could barely keep their eyes open....not me!! I was little miss alert, bright eyes, ready to go! it was awesome....and a great reminder WHY i'm making these changes!!!

TGIF....I plan to relax this weekend and enjoy some time off, I have the LA City Housing Authority showing up on Monday to do their inspection of the community.....over the course of Monday and Tuesday we will physically inspect 160 apartments.....to put that into perspective, that's 20 two story buildings....there are 4 staircases per building, so 80 staircases in 2 days......I'd better lose a little extra weight doing this, let me tell ya!!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 02-08-2014, 01:46 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lori! Glad to hear from you but sure do understand why you don't have any free time to post. Hope the bug finally leaves your house soon! Good luck on the brokers exam. When to you have to take it? Boy, it won't be long before you are off to Prague! Does it even seem real to you yet?

Vicki, glad your son's ankle is not broken and happy about the team winning all but one game for the season! Have never tried the french fry turnips. Were they bitter? I love them boiled and mashed with butter and salt but they do have a bite to them.

Tony, I bet you want to rush right into your kitchen and bake up some of that egg bread don't you! lol Happy you had a good trip and no bad sciatica experiences on this trip. I guess your land lord finally got your fire detector to stop beeping. How annoying! We got about 8 inches of snow. How much did you get?

Tammy, your lunch of fajita fixins sounded so delicious and isn't it great to feel peppy after a low carb meal while everyone else feels so sluggish. I see the same thing happening all the time at work. Boy, you are going to get some good work out Monday and Tuesday. Wear your running shoes.

Pretty sure I mentioned this before but just in case here it is again.
Tonight we are going to my brother and sister in laws annual snow shoe party. It will be very cold but they will have a nice bomb fire. My brother makes a path down through the woods behind their home, over a little stream and then back up the other side of the stream. He puts luminaries all along the way. I walked it one year without snow shoes and thought I would not make it. I kept sinking into the deep snow. lol My sister in law makes different kinds of chili and my brother cooks hot dogs on the grill in his shed down by the bomb fire. Both of my sisters will come from out of town with their husbands so 4 out of the 5 of us will be there. Can't wait!

Have a great Saturday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-08-2014 at 01:47 AM..
Old 02-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, the turnips turned out okay I am sure. I just don't like them. Bitter, yes.

Have fun stair climbing Tammy. There is a stair climbing event to raise money in a town close to us, I can't imagine. I don't remember how many stories though, but quite a few.

Abi, the snow shoe event sounds fun even if it is cold. I bet the bon fire, chili and grilled hot dogs will keep you warm.

DH and I are heading to the Spirit of Uganda today as one of the four tickets I purchased for Christmas. Then, off to the Home and Garden show. At least we can experience a bit of spring today while snow is gently falling. Brian noticed that our bird feeder was completely empty this morning and pretty sizable tracks were around it. My guess, deer.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
Old 02-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi kids!...great to see everyone!

tammy, good job on the lunch - i don't envy you those 80 staircases, but you'll be building muscle and that will help burn fat...you are gonna be a skinny minnie by the time the big event rolls around :-)

one of the few things i CAN'T stand to eat are turnips - just the smell of them makes me sick...they have a taste unlike anything else i've ever eaten...it's been years - they're not spicy, right?...what do you guys mean by saying they have a "bite"?

abs, i bet you're out having fun right now...that's the kind of get-together i love...small, close group doing fun, laid back activities and HOT DOGS and CHILI!!!...hahaha...we got about 8 inches too, i guess...this winter has been great as every storm is light, fluffy snow and it melts before the next storm hits so there's a manageable amount on the ground...

vicki, have fun at the spirit of uganda...btw, what the heck is that???

just got back from my friend's mom's memorial service...it was very nice...had a few chicken wings, roast beef and turkey slices and a pickle :-)

haven't seen amadora since sunday...i miss that little face...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 02-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!!

Abi, that snow shoe party sounds like a blast!!! The luminaries lighting the path leading to a big cook out and fire is my kind of party!!!

Vicki, I love home and garden shows, so many awesome things to see.....and a lot of walking!!

Tony, you are over due for an Amadora fix!! Tell them you need to see that baby STAT!

What a lovely leisurely Saturday it's been! We slept in late, had a late brunch, I went to the grocery store and stocked up on meat.....they had a sale on whole chicken fryers, I got 2 for less than $10!! Picked up a fresh rack of spareribs, some pork chops and some GORGEOUS ribeyes that we're going to grill tonight for dinner.

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys....I had no fewer than THREE people tell me yesterday that they could tell I was really losing some weight....it was SOOOO encouraging!!!! I figure if I can keep at this pace for the next 90 days I should be looking MUCH better by the time the wedding rolls around....I have never been so committed to something in my life!

Well, I'd better start prepping the steaks for dinner......I hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!
Old 02-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

The Spirit of Uganda was a dance production made up of African kids from age 12-20. Very energetic.

Yes, there was lots of walking. We parked in the free parking ramp and after the dance production we walked the sky walks to the place where the Home and Garden show was held. Probably walked at least half a mile each way. I did buy a Miracle Whisk. You can Google it. We got it, plus a mini one for $25. I can see whipping HWC easily and using it for my BPC along with other many possibilities such as mayonnaise too.

We ate ate at a place that serves fresh potato chips, warm and I indulged. I did have a burger that I ditched the bun.

My feet are killing me and we are now watching the Olympics.

Tammy, how awesome on the compliments.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

guess who is coming to see grandpa tomorrow?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7 weeks old bunny ear suit.jpg (21.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-09-2014, 03:43 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh Tony, that is the cutest picture I have ever seen!

Running late today. Will post more later. Had a great time at the snow shoe party. Talk to you all later!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 AM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, what a doll.

Ok, so NOW I read the reviews of the Miracle Whisk. 2 stars barely on Amazon. Of course it doesn't work as well at home as it did during the demonstration, duh!!!! It works like a whisk should so don't believe it will whip cream or skim milk or whip egg whites into meringue etc. Immersion blender will do all of that of which I already have sitting on my counter and plugged in, ready to go. Wasted $27 !!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, we live and learn and in the end, $27 isn't gonna make a difference, so don't sweat it...haha!

abs, thanks - i know i can't see things objectively regarding that baby, but my eyes are telling me she's pretty darn cute!...can't wait to hear all about the snowshoeing party...i'm trying to guess what you might have had for breakfast this morning...hmmmm...this is tough...

emmy and sal are meeting friends for lunch in manchester at 11:30 and then coming here after that...i can't wait to see that kid and of course her parents!...boy, never knew a week could seem like a year! :-)
Old 02-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

OMG.....Tony, that might be the cutest pic EVER.....the bunny ears are awesome! Have a fabulous day with your family!

Vicki, That's a bummer about the whisk......I hate feeling like I wasted money too.

Abi, Can't wait to hear about the party!

Things are nice and peacefully quiet here today, just chilling out with DH and DS.....no plans at all! I tried a recipe for cream cheese pancakes that was a bit of a flop....that was disappointing......but I also saw a recipe for oopsie roll Danish's that looked divine....I might give those a whirl.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

amadora is here and i have been holding her for a couple of hours - i just gave her up to her grandma who was about to steal her from me anyway :-)

made roast beef today and it was very good...had a small spoonful of whole grain brown rice and steamed broccoli with it

mediation tomorrow and lots of preparation to do for it...hope everyone is having a great sunday!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kids,

Just a quick pop in to see how everyone is doing! I did experiment with the oopsie roll Danish and they came out AWESOME....My son immediately ate two of them! Here's a pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oopsie danish.jpg (33.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-10-2014, 02:13 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy those look awsome! Will definately have to try those too. I made one of these pizza crusts this morning. It turned out pretty good too.New Twist to LC Pizza...

Vicki, I love home and garden shows and all that walking was great. Sorry about the whisk. I can't tell you how many times I have bought something similar.

Tony, so nice to share that little girl with her grandmother. lol Your roast beef meal sounded so good.

Well, running late this monday morning because I made the pizza crust. Hope you all have a great day. I have a hamburger and some pieces of crust to take for snack and lunch. I didn't top it with pizza fixings. Will just munch on it plain as it has all that cheese in it.

Last edited by Abigale; 02-10-2014 at 02:14 AM..
Old 02-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki – I think we have a modicum of success and then get too comfortable. I know I have to stop saying, oh, I’ll get it back off next week and just have this one thing. So glad things went well with your dad’s surgery!

Tony – Thanks for your encouragement. Right now it feels like I will never stop sabotaging myself. Glad you got some mediation work! I know you have wanted the experience. I hope your back/leg is feeling well enough for you to get back in the gym soon. I know what you mean about getting back to the gym though, I haven’t had time with all the stuff going on this weekend and the last couple of weeks, but I miss it and know I would feel tons better if I were hitting it regularly. Your family sounds so wonderfully. It is truly what I hope for when my children begin to build families.

Tammy – I agree about not making the same mistakes over again, but it seems go get more and more difficult if you do not pull yourself out of it quickly. I have the exact same BS meter, that is why after getting my counseling degree and doing my internship, I went in a completely different direction. Your sleep in morning sounds heavenly! That pizza recipe sounds amazing. I purchased the ingredients last night and want to make it tonight. We shall see. I might just make cheese sticks, because I think I forgot to get pizza sauce Those Oopsie Danish look amazing! I really have to spend some time in the kitchen

Abi – You continue to do so well. I may use you as my inspiration! That Bread recipe looked nice and easy. I was just looking at some whey protein powder this weekend. It was expensive, but I may have to invest in some and give this a try. I have wanted to make the oopsie rolls for some time now. I really need to buckle down and make them one night. I get on the plane for Prague on Mar 1! Can’t wait! I had to do a double take when I read you didn’t understand why I had no time. Too Funny! I needed that!

Marilee – I am glad all went well will your brother’s surgery!

Well, apparently my DD’s stomach issues are viral. The doc just gave her an anti-nausea med and said eat lots of yogurt. Perfect! She is still complaining today of a stomach ache and has been complaining since I took her to the doctor Thursday. I think I am going to take her in for more testing.

I finally managed to stay on plan the WHOLE WEEKEND! I am amazed. I was a good weekend though. DD had her first indoor soccer game and was very happy about it, even though they didn’t win. Both of my older sons went to homecoming. Apparently HC was very boring and everyone left early, but they enjoyed spending the time with their friends. Yesterday we all just kind of snuggle in front of the fireplace and talked and watched a movie. I even forget what it is now…LOL I was an old classic. I remember one of the boys asking me when it was made and I looked it up and it was 1996. Maybe I’ll remember the name..heh. The puppy is getting big and has another check up tonight. My oldest DS has offered to take him. I am excited that he is willing to do that and I DON”T HAVE to go to yet another appointment. Glad to see everyone is doing well on their weight loss. I can’t say the same, but I can say I am on plan for a full week!

I’ll keep checking on you guys. Sorry for the book!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Hi kids!

Lori, it's good to see you.....you have been super busy!!! The pizza is amazing, in fact DH asked if I would PLEASE make it tonight for dinner!!

Abi, The Danish's really were good, they refrigerated well too! DH & DS asked me to make some more!!

Tony, it's a shame that Amadora doesn't have more people to love and adore her!! She's is a blessed little girl to have such a wonderful family!!

What a super crazy busy day it was (Monday's always are!) It's been a 10 hour day due to mandatory inspections by the LA Housing Authority, so I spent 2.5 hours this morning non-stop walking and most of it was up and down staircases....I'm wiped out!!! I'm going to go home, make the pizzas and take a hot bath!

Hope everyone had a GREAT Monday!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:37 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers!

I have been cooking again this morning and it's only 4:20am. lol I made another loaf of the keto adapted bread or all egg bread. It is cooling out on the porch. I am going to try it on a tuna salad sandwich. One problem is it does not smell very good cooking. I have been spraying air freshener but I bet DH will say something about it when I get home from work. The only solution I can think of is to try to cook it in my toaster oven in the room up over the garage so no odors are in the house. Not sure if my bread pan will fit in the toaster oven and how well will it cook in it?

Where was Tony yesterday? We missed you!

Tammy after yesterday I don't know how you got the energy to cook the pizzas last night!

Lori, sorry your daughter is still not feeling well. Hope the yogurt is just the ticket to get that tummy feeling good again. Sounds like the whole family had a good weekend.

Hope everyone has a good day today. I will let you know how the tuna sand on egg bread works out. I am going to try to slice it thin as it is a very filling bread. Will also cut the crusts off. One lady uses an electric knife which I don't have. May have to make a purchase if I get used to the bread and the smell. lol

Last edited by Abigale; 02-11-2014 at 01:40 AM..
Old 02-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy – Oh, but imagine the calories you burned!!

Abi – Good info on the bread!

I jumped on the scale, but the number did not register enough for my memory to retain. What I am trying to make the focus is the fact that I have remained on program. It doesn’t matter what the scale says today, as long as I stay on program the numbers will follow.

No appointments tonight! YAY!

Storytime: Last night my daughter (8 y.o.) said she wanted to find a hobby and she wanted me to teach her to sew. I offered croqueting and cross-stitch, which is what I know. So, I went to the closet and dug out all of my old stuff. Mind you I have not touched it since I was pregnant with her! I let her go through my cross-stitch books and find a small simple pattern. We got her started and she seems to be catching on well. The other interesting aspect is this; I had 3 blankets that I had started croqueting and all were unfinished! I finished one last night! YAY! I have decided to send it to my grand-niece for her 1st birthday. I also hope to finish another one in the next week or two (another baby blanket) for my best friend’s son. The third one is a king size afghan I started for myself and my husband. I have found my love for croqueting again and it was quite relaxing.

Here is a pic of the one I finished last night:

blanket.jpg
Old 02-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, lori, that is beautiful - are there any talents you don't have???...you're absolutely right about the numbers following your behavior...the key to this is not ever allowing yourself to get discouraged...our bodies are complex and don't like to lose weight, so our getting results will take patience most times...i had to laugh when you called a 1996 movie an "old classic"...i'm betting a couple of other older blitzers chuckled too! :-)

abi, you had me laughing my butt off thinking of you cooking over your garage in a toaster oven to avoid the smell of what you're cooking!!!...has it really come to this, kids, that not only do we have to compromise taste, but good smelling food too?...hahahaha!

tammy, thanks for the kind words on my family, which leads me to why i wasn't around yesterday...when emmy was here on sunday, she forgot something and had to come back over on monday to get it and of course hang out here for several hours while grandpa played with the baby...actually, i had a bunch of mediation work in the morning and then an actual mediation at 5 p.m., but in between i had my hands happily full! :-)
it sure was hard leaving that baby to go to work!

went shopping today and bought all healthy on-plan food...i'm feeling fat and need to get jump-started...making a chicken dish in the crockpot for tonight - thighs which i browned, in a tomato sauce with peppers, onions, eggplant, zucchini and summer squash...then i'm making spaghetti squash that i will smother in the chicken/veggie sauce, like a pasta...

i'm thinking gym in the morning - no pain, but twinges and continued leg numbness...i can't go any longer not working out though - it's almost as bad as having the pain...

spoke to ff on sunday - he's doing well and sends his best...he hopes to make it to the library soon :-)
Old 02-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

OMG you guys....this day is INSANE!!!

So, as you know I manage a very nice Apartment Community right on the coast in So. Cal....and I love it....I do....but days like today are NOT FAIR!

I have the City Housing Authority out here inspecting units, which is fine the inspector is very nice and everything is going well, except for 2 different apartments that the residents are in the midst of eviction and BOTH their apartments are so disgusting that the City Inspector wrote them up for health and safety / sanitation violations....THEN....in the midst of all of that I have a water main burst.....inexplicably....and I have flooding issues in half the property!!! I have 3 apartments getting flooded, the plumbing company working as diligently as possible to get the situation contained and resolved....and of course this meant an emergency water shut off!! Most of the residents are being nice, but a few of them are so abusive and they're acting as though somehow we've done this just to ruin their day!!!

To top it all off, my WONDERFUL assistant, whom I do adore was kind enough to bring donuts in this morning!!!!! Do you know HOW BADLY I want a donut and some coffee right now? (well either that or bourbon! )

But I REFUSE to give in to the stress and cheat. Instead I popped in here to vent and let it out.....and now I feel better, thank you!!!