Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 05:02 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
that chicken sounds good to me, marilee...happy you were termite free! :-)

abs, i think your hubby and i are suffering from the same thing...i hope his doc helps him...i'm still numb but the pain is not bad...i was able to sit all day today and be comfortable...

long, but good day of mediations...early day at work tomorrow...meeting with a prospective tenant, and have an electrician installing lights...

leftover meatloaf tonight...
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2014, 05:31 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi Kids!

TGIF!!! It was really quiet at the office all day, so I decided to try to sneak out of the office a little early and treat myself to a manicure / pedicure.....**Sigh** I should have known better!! No sooner had I sat down in the pedicure chair then my phone started ringing.....people moving in had their HUGE moving truck in the way of traffic on the property trying to get in and out....one of their movers got into an altercation with a resident who wanted them to move....the mover was belligerent, another car accidentally side swiped the moving truck and took his own side view mirror off, threatening to call the cops......seriously!!! My answer??? Great, let the cops sort it out, tell the mover to move or the cops will cite him and if anyone sheds blood call me back!! I finished my mani/pedi. Some days it's like herding cats!

Well I had BPC for breakfast, a couple of baby back ribs and chicken wings for lunch.....not sure what to for dinner.....what's everyone else having?

Tony, left over meatloaf actually sounds good....I'll be right over! Glad your mediation went well!!

Marilee, that chicken recipe looks really yummy!! Glad your termite inspection went well!

Abi, I'm sorry your bread flopped.....it sounds like it could be a worthwhile venture though.....I would love a really good bread option. I tried oopsie rolls once, but they didn't turn out so great.....but everyone raves about them, so maybe I should try again. I hate sleepless nights! Do you take melatonin? Maybe that would help?

How's everyone else hanging in there?

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:51 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, that sounds like my life at the lumber yard!...there was always something - kept life interesting though! :-) happy you got your nails done in peace???

abi, i just wanted to beat you here this morning nananananana...haha!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:58 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Ha Ha Tony, I'm not going to let that happen again any time soon!

DH's dr. is prescribing a different medicine for him for his sciatica. He hasn't picked up the prescription yet. Sure hope it gives him some relief!

I may not make the bread recipe again as I think the unflavored whey powder will be too expensive. And making a loaf of bread that might not cook right is too expensive to find out the next day you have ruined all the expensive ingredients. May work with the famous oopsie roll recipe and make flat bread rounds for sandwiches. That recipe only calls for egg whites, eggs yokes, cream cheese and cream of tartar. I will let you now how they come out later. Can't use the mixer to whip up the egg whites until DH is awake. In our little house he would think an air plane was coming in for a landing. lol

Need to get some housework done so will come back later when I don't feel so guilty staying on the computer for so long. lol
Old 02-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Howdy all, I have just been a bit busy the past couple of days. Thursday hubby and I stopped in to see dad and was doing ok. We didn't go yesterday though, mom was there and said he was kind of grumpy. She didn't go on Thursday because she wasn't feeling well. Mom called last night and said they are discharging him to home today. The surgeon said he probably would come to our town and go to skilled for a few days. Apparently that isn't happening because he is getting along so well with PT etc.

Mom will call the hospital in a bit to find out when he would be getting out. Of course, we had a few inches of snow. So, hubby is going to go and shovel their walk and drive after the men's breakfast at church. I will stir up my son and he and I can do our drive.

I haven't had too much luck with the egg white breads/oopsies and don't really care for them that much to go to all of the trouble HA.

Tammy, too funny with all of the stuff you have to deal with.

Tony, I didn't realize you had 3 jobs. Sounds managable.

I typically weigh on Thursdays but forgot so I decided to just weigh tomorrow on the 2nd and do monthly weigh ins. Since I wasn't please with the last weigh in, I am spreading it out instead of weekly. We will see how long that will last. LOL

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids!

OMG....I think I redefined sleeping in today! Hubby & I woke up at 7:30, snuggled in bed and chatted for a bit then fell back asleep. Woke up again at 9:30, rolled over snuggled up again and fell back asleep AGAIN until 10:30!!!! Apparently we needed some extra rest!!! We finally forced ourselves out of bed so we could have coffee. I made him a BPC and we was surprised at how much he liked it!! Then I made some French Toast Eggs for "Brunch" and now I'm making my grocery list for the week.

Tony, you sure stay busy!! Yes, ultimately I did get my nails done in peace. How's that beautiful granddaughter of yours? Shouldn't she be coming by so you can play with her really soon?

Abi, I'm sorry your hubby is struggling so with Sciatica....that is such a brutal pain! He might need a series of prescriptions to get it under control. I agree with you about wasting money on a recipe that doesn't turn out....I hate that! No one has money to waste on expensive ingredients that just don't turn out right.

Vicki, so glad your dad is coming home, I'm sure he'll much happier once he's back in his own home! Yes, it never ceases to amaze me the things I have to deal with at work. Truly there is little more personal than where someone decides to live.....so I see and hear it all!

Well we're starting a new month....I LOVE February, it's one of my favorite months....and a big one for us. Valentines day is our wedding anniversary, it will be 27 years this year......can't believe that it's been that long!! Then on 2/27 it will be our son's 25th birthday.....I'm not even sure how that happened, I remember being pregnant with him like it was yesterday!

January was great....I reconnected with you guys and got back on track with my weightloss....I'm down a total of 15 pounds so far!!! I still have a long way to go....but a journey of a million miles and all, you know?!?!

What's everyone else got going on this weekend???
Old 02-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I know what you mean about how much of a hassle those oopsie roll things are to make. We'll see how many of them I end up making. lol

So glad your Dad is getting out of the hospital so soon! What a nice thing for your DH to go and get them all shoveled out!

Tammy, you must have been just exhausted after the week you put in! Great that your DH liked the BPC! Fantastic that you have lost 15 pounds already! You are such an inspiration!

My granddaughter that was in the evening gown at the homecoming court a couple of weeks ago will be sweet 16 tomorrow. I remember when she was Amadora's age so well. I agree, where does the time go?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0006.jpg (40.3 KB, 1 views)
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, it sounds like you had a fun morning...congrats on the upcoming anniversary...we will hit the big 3-0 this summer and i can't believe it either...and i'm so proud of you for coming in here and losing 15 lbs!...way to go, girl... :-)

hey vicki, happy your dad is doing better...my three jobs are all usually part-time, so it is manageable...they add up to be more than a full-time job but it is mostly flexible and i LOVE the work so it's cool...

today i put in a full day at the building and in between helping with new light fixture installation in the warehouse area, i was in my office doing a bunch of follow-up mediation work...i have now exceeded the required number of intern hours, but still have some other requirements to complete and i have a bunch of ongoing cases that when done, will give me way more hours than i need...that doesn't matter to me though, cuz i want as much practice and exposure to the experts as i can get...

omg, abi, that baby is sooooo cute!!!!...do you know how old she was in that pic?...

the plan is for us to see amadora and some of our kids tomorrow...it is my son-in-law's bday today and we are celebrating with a mini super bowl party...lookin' forward to it!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 02-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Dad ended up staying another day because of his heart rhythm. We did go and visit for about half an hour today. Hopefully tomorrow he will be home.

Tammy, congrats on the upcoming anniversary. Your avatar pic is great of you two.

Gibby, I love the tulips, spring is on it's way. While visiting dad, he had on a golf game that was in Scottsdale. Man did it look nice and warm and sunny there.

We are having a friend for dinner and she asked what she could bring. i said a low carb dessert. She isn't used to doing that kind of cooking and she said she would check out the internet for a recipe, we will see what we get LOL. I am making a thai curry chicken dish to put over rice which I will pass on.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

OMG- Pizza!!!

OMG you guys, I had to come back in and share the AMAZING pizza that I made today.....the crust was INCREDIBLE!! My husband and son loved it.....I made two pizzas and it's all gone!!! The crust was ridiculously easy and it actually cooked up so well that you could pick it up and eat it. I attached a pic below, here's the recipe for the crust:

Mix approx. 6 - 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella with 2 - 4 ounces of shredded cheddar (I used low fat cheddar because it crisps up more) with 2 eggs and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning. Mix it really good. Line a pizza pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper and pat the cheese mixture out on the parchment paper as thin as you can get it. Put it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 12 - 14 min. Keep an eye in it, it should get nice & golden. Take it out of the oven let it cool for just a couple of minutes, then top it with whatever toppings you want, including mozzarella and pop it back in the oven until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Let it cool for about 3 or 4 minutes then dive in!!!

This is now a favorite in our house!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pizza.jpg (14.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-02-2014, 03:26 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Phew! I beat Tony here today!

Tony, I think Rebecca was about 7 or 8 months old in that photo.

Who all are watching the superbowl today? Who do you want to win? DH and I were married on a super bowl weekend many years ago and his one stipulation on our honeymoon location was that it had a color tv in the room. lol

Tammy, your pizza looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Neat that you and your DH were married on Valentine's Day! No way he can forget your anniversary as the reminders started right after Christmas!

Am reconsidering making the keto adapted bread. Two ladies on this site are having alot of success so I may try it one more time and cook it for a longer time.Maria Emmerich: Keto adapted bread

Need to get finished getting ready for church. Plan on my usual bacon and eggs at the Backside. Will check back in later.

FF, hope to hear from you real soon! Did you ever go to the acupuncturist?

Have a great day all!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy, that crust sounds awesome. I have tried something similar to that. Interesting about the low fat cheese and crispiness. That makes sense.

Abi, Colored TV LOL. How long have you been married?

Our Bible study group that meets on Sundays is having a get together someones house. The majority of the ages of this group are late 20's to early 30's. So, there will be children, young children, there possibly. Quesadilla bar is for supper and we can bring a snack to share. I am making a cheese ball and veggies; cheese and salami.

I weighed this morning; so grand total for the month - 13.8 lbs down

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2 254.6 253
Old 02-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, that is AWESOME...between you and tammy, there's been almost 30 lbs. dropped!...add in marilee, and your way over the top...add me and abi (i'm assuming) back in and you're still way over the top...hahahaha!...

that pizza does sound good...didn't one of you make something similar a couple of weeks ago?...i was planning to try that, but this sounds even easier - is it close?...help!...you girls are confusing me! :-)

tammy, thanks for making a special trip in here to share that!

abs, i can't believe you're gonna get out of your breakfast comfort zone and go for the bacon and eggs this morning!!!...if you really wanna go crazy, try them scrambled!...rebecca is still a doll - obvious she has always been a doll!...

sent a text to my kids telling them about celebrating my sil's bday with a super bowl party, but haven't gotten a response yet, so the two older boys may have other plans...emmy and sal had a little party at their house last night and invited my youngest son and his gf...so tonight will be dw and me, youngest ds, maybe his gf and another friend of ours, hence the mini part of the mini-super-bowl party...not sure what we'll have for snacks yet, but i will head out to shop soon!

more mediation work this morning...quite a bit of paperwork involved in mediation, but it's worth it...i'm sure the more i do things like drafting "parenting plans", the less time it will take...right now, i'm spending time making sure i get it right! :-)
Old 02-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday!

Good morning all!

Lol, Tony this is the second pizza crust recipe in the last couple of weeks. I personally preferred this one as opposed to the first one. It was MUCH easier and came out crispier, we could actually pick it up and eat it. The first recipe had cream cheese in it and it was spongier.....I wasn't wild about the texture. I guess it's really a matter of personal preference. Your party pans for you son sound wonderful, I'm sure you'll have a great time! Tell him we all said

Vicki, Your get together sounds fun....and with good food choices. We went to a dinner at someone's house in our bible study group a few years back, and they were nicest people with a lovely house....but she planned the strangest menu. She started with French Onion Soup (neither DH or I like onions...AT ALL) and then served Teriyaki Lamb for the main course.....Never had lamb before, let alone teriyaki lamb.....don't plan on having it again. I just found it so strange that she would have not planned something a little more "generic" you know, like say.....Chicken....???

Abi, We are DEFINITELY watching the Super Bowl....we are die hard Broncos fans, we lived in Colorado for 15 years during the John Elway years....it was basically a law there that you had to become a fan! That's such a cute story about your honeymoon....how long have you been married?

Well, we're starting a new month.....I have a stretch goal of getting under 200 this month....that's an aggressive goal.....I would have to lose 23 pounds in 28 days.....so I realize I'm really reaching....I'd be delighted with another 15....but we'll see.....I'm SUPER focused right now, so whatever CAN be lost WILL be lost!!

What's everyone else shooting for this month?
Old 02-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

I was really hoping to be in the 240's by now. So, my goal for Feb. is low 240's. When I started back on this woe, I had secretly hoped to be around 230 at my anniversary which is March 17th. That would have been quite drop though.

My dad was supposed to be discharged yesterday from the hospital but his heart rhythm acted up. So, today was the day. But, once again, his heart rate too fast. They transferred him to another floor where a heart drug through IV was started. As far as the knee goes, he isn't in any pain and is getting around with a walker.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, sorry about the broncos tonight - that was a tough game...i'm so happy for your results in january...you are poised for another great month in february... :-)

vicki, you did fantastic too!...happy to hear your dad is not in pain...hope the heart meds allow him to leave the hospital tomorrow...

i had a good day...we had a bigger crowd than i thought we would...all three sons, emmy sal and baby, two girlfriends, my buddy and two of my second son's friends...we had a bunch of stuff...ribs and wings and shrimp and on and on...

i did go to the gym today and had a great workout...i skipped two machines that i suspect put a strain on my back, but did everything else...i will try more stretching and my nashville exercise regimen when i get there...leaving for nash tomorrow afternoon, returning friday...

i would love to drop 10 lbs in february...
Old 02-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

I plan to go on line after work today to watch the super bowl commercials since I slept through the game. Of course I woke up at 11 and spent 2 hours trying to get back to sleep ugh, and then when the alarm went off I was in a deep sleep.

Watching the weather for the week. Tony, looks like snow for Wed. and rain or snow for Saturday.

My brother and sister in law are having their annual snow shoe party this Saturday. My brother puts luminaries through the woods and over a little stream down in back of their house and has a big bomb fire. My sister in law makes different kinds of chilie. Hope the weather that night is not too miserable.

Tony, have a successful trip to Nashville and enjoy seeing Sarah again. Hope your writing partners all show up!

Vicki, hope the meds get your Dad's heart in good shape and he gets to come home today!

Tammy, sorry about the Broncos. Your motivation to sticking to your plan is so good! I love your profile picture. You are so pretty!

Taking a burger and two oopsi rolls for lunch today. I work with a guy who works part time at gnc and he says he will pick me up some egg white powder to try the ketogenic bread one more time. If it messes up this time or I can't stand the texture that will be it.

Have a great Monday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-03-2014 at 01:36 AM..
Old 02-03-2014, 03:56 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

I splurged a bit at the Super Bowl get-together. I had 2 bites of a Scotcheroo, 1/2 of choc chip cookie and 1 1/2 pieces of pizza along with cheese, salami, veggies etc. I had the worst craving for something sweet all afternoon. I hit the spot, unfortunately, it wasn't low carb or sugar free. Oh well. So sue me LOL.

Today, on plan.

B-Salami, cheese, mustard, mayo and BPC
L- Chinese chicken soup
D-who knows

Exercised this morning for 40 minutes.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:07 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, deviating a bit for one day is no big deal...sometimes it can be beneficial as it allows you to not feel deprived...the key is being able to go right back to your plan and i know you can do that...and kudos for not overdoing it when you did deviate...

abs, my flight wasn't until 3:50 this afternoon, but it's supposed to be snowing in boston then, so i changed my flight til tomorrow at the same time...i didn't have anything scheduled tomorrow in nash and i didn't want to end up in boston with delays etc...plus, i have more mediation work i'd rather get done before i leave...it will be better all around!...that snowshoeing event always sounds like so much fun... :-)

p.s. i'm gonna do the same thing later with the super bowl commercials as i was visiting and playing with amadora and not reallly watching the game!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Loves!

OMG....I am so glad Monday is almost over! Monday's are crazy enough, but when it's the first of the month and I have everyone at 2 apartment communities trying to pay rent it's insane!!

Tony, the game was AWFUL!!! From the first snap when the Bronco's got a safety it was clear that they did NOT come to play! Unfortunately the commercials were pretty lame too. There were a couple of good ones...my favorite was the Bud light commercial with the guy who didn't know he was in a commercial. They have the whole thing uninterrupted with a couple of extra scenes on Youtube, it's pretty good! Have a great trip to Nashville!

Abi, you're so sweet....thank you!!

Vicki, sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do....that didn't sound like a horrible splurge to me....you'll make up for it! How's your dad doing today?

How's everyone else? Marilee? Lori? FF???
Old 02-04-2014, 01:50 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, I am glad Monday is over too and I did not have a hectic day at all. We did inventory in the plant and it went smoothly but it is always hard to get going for the week. We will be running day lights today. I am looking forward to that!

I am gearing up to try to make Maria Emmerich's keto adapted bread one more time as soon as I get the egg white powder. Our local gnc store did not stock unflavored egg white powder so I ordered some from netrition last night. It should be here by the end of the week. One thing I am hoping with the bread is that it will toast. Love the crunch of toast and Maria Emmerich posted pictures of hers toasted. I think I will have to used the toaster oven as I'm not sure that using the toaster the bread slices may be a little gooey and would get stuck in it and make a mess.

I just made a large flat sheet of the 3 egg oopsie recipe. Decided to just cut it into squares and spread it a little thinner. The oopsie hamburger combination worked well at work yesterday. I am definitely a finger food person. Would much rather pick up a burger to eat it rather than eat it out of a bowl. Also I will get alot more servings this way. No wasted space on the cookie sheet.

Tony, what is the temperature down in Nashville? Did they have any of the icy roads last week like Alabama and Georgia? How is Sarah feeling now?

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:46 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, sarah is fine - thanks for asking :-) it's supposed to be cold down there this week - highs in the 20s and 30s and lows in the teens...sheesh...i will fly there this afternoon and back on friday - quick trip...hopefully my co-writers show up on wed and thu!

i absolutely have to get back in time for a sat morning memorial service for the mom of a guy that worked for me for over 20 years...watching the weather for friday and so far, so good...

my leg is still numb but no pain right now...i hope i don't suffer a setback on this trip...debating whether to take a chance and hit the gym today...i think i will do my stretching exercises in nashville...i'm pretty sure sarah's old mattress, which is mine now is killing me down there as her dog ate some of the stuffing off the pillow top and it's a bit warped ...haha...

tammy and abs, sorry about your monday - mine was busy but good and i did finish some mediation reports that will allow me to relax and focus on writing in nashville...

where is everyone else?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, quick check in before work!!

Abi, do let us know about that keto bread....it does look amazing!! I told DH about it and he's anxious for me to make some too.....but those powdered egg white are EXPENSIVE! I need to retry the Oopsie rolls....maybe I'll have better luck with them.

Tony, Glad you made it to Nashville safe and sound, will be praying for your safe return home! Glad Sarah is feeling better!! I'm sorry that you're still struggling with that leg....if it's still numb you likely need some serious anti-inflammatory....you may find that it takes much longer to heal otherwise. Please be careful and don't re-injure yourself!

I hope everyone else checks in soon, have great Tuesday!!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!

I met with the lawyer yesterday afternoon and to the tune of $500 or so, I will hopefully start getting my portion of ex's retirement.

My brother got my dad home yesterday around 5 and I was able to go to son's BB game. But, afterwards I stopped in to see mom and dad and mom is hunched over in pain due to her back and moaning out loud. Dad is in pain with his knee and grouchy due to lack of sleep and that they couldn't get scripts filled because pharmacy was closed. I did what I could.

This morning I headed there before work anticipating the worst: dad passed out on the floor with his knee gaping open and mom huddled up in a corner, crying because she was in so much pain. It wasn't that way. Dad did take Tylenol, they planned to make it to PT and get scripts filled. Mom said she was ok with it. I called around noon and they made it.

Whew, I didn't sleep well Sunday night and last night I awoke worrying about the folks. I made it back to sleep with the help of Benadryl, but still felt like I hadn't slept. I am totally exhausted today. Will probably be heading to bed within the hour.

In the meantime, we are in a winter storm warning with 4-6" expected along with blowing snow. The college closed at 4, but I was done with class. We will see what tomorrow will bring.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my goodness Vicki, you've had a rough few days!! Hopefully tomorrow brings a more relaxing, less stressful day after a well rested nights sleep!!

Busy day here, but all was good. Got in plenty of walking today too! Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Vicki, sorry your parents are having so much trouble...it really is difficult getting older...it's good they have you and each other - they're really not that old, are they?

Hi Tammy, the numbness does make me realize I am not healed yet, but I'm grateful for being pain free for the moment...

I got to my apt tonight and the darn smoke detector in the bedroom is chirping...I called the apt maintenance dept but it's after hours and the ceilings too high for me to remove the battery...I almost hurt my back climbing on a chair and stool trying...I closed the door and will sleep on the couch and hope my back doesn't go out...I took two alive as a precaution...

Sarah was working tonight so I met some friends for dinner...had fajita filling and no tortillas...

Writing with a talented female singer tomorrow...hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

I feel so bad for you and your folks Vickie. No wonder you are exhausted. So glad they were ok the next day and not your worst nightmare. Hoping their medicines help alot.

Tony, the dr. put DH back on a weeks worth of prednisone for his inflammation. He has done this once before. Still no relief unfortunately. Having the numbness must be pretty aggavating and listening to a chirping smoke detector would be such torture! Sure hope sleeping on the couch did not put your back out!

Tammy, I am so hoping that the recipe for the bread works for me when I get the egg protein powder. I will give you the report as soon as it arrives!

Well no snow yet at 4am. They are talking like we will get an inch an hour after it starts. Looks like we will work today and then worry all day about the trip home.

Hope all the Blitzers have a great day!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everyone....

Too many posts to comment on. I just hope everyone is doing well...Tony, I hope you leg gets better soon and Abi I hope you DH is doing better.

I just hung up the phone with my brother and he was doing well and Vicki's mom was off shopping so I think things are better at their house now.

I lost weight last month, but proceeded to gain it back, which is my usual track record. Since I don't do well being deprived of any foods or food group, I ordered the Weight Watchers Points Plus system from on of the big "retailers" on the internet. I joined WW the other morning to do it on the web, but it was kind of complicated and since I'm on the computer all day at work, the last thing I want to do is spend hours on the computer on my time off. So, I cancelled. I don't want to go to meetings because I am so big and I'm very self-conscious so, since I did WW several years ago, I decided I knew enough about how it worked that I just needed the point counter, the logs and information booklet and i was good to go. I should receive it in a week or so but this retailer is pretty fast - it's the retailer in Africa...hint, hint, hint......

Lunch hour is over so I best get going.

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

I did sleep better last night and today went well. I checked in on the folks and they are doing ok. Geesh, why do I take on so much LOL? Dad is 74 and mom is 73.

Well, we got about 5-6" of snow through the night and we are in for below zero temps again. When is spring coming?

I have been on plan and exercising. Nothing much else to report for now. Thankfully, things are going ok.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, are you sure the big retailer isn't from South America?...haha!....sounds like ww has a good program...I bet you'll do well on it...ff did when he was on it...

Vicki, good for you for exercising and staying on plan...happy your parents were feeling better today...

Abs, I can't believe your hubby's back required more prednisone, but I can sure feel for him...I think I was better off when I thought sciatica was a nerve pinched in a muscle...now that I know it is the result of disk problems, I'm afraid to move...hope you got out early and home safely...what ever happened with hubby's truck?

My co-writer showed up today and she loved my song idea but we didn't finish it...Sarah and I had dinner tonight at a nice restaurant and we both had bison rib eyes that were AWESOME...

My second son came home and used my truck to plow our driveway and the neighbor's drive too...

Hope y'all are doing great!