Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 02:42 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, you are the champion kidder. Great you are not gaining while you are holding off on the exercise. What a great day to spend with your boys and so nice to reminisce about your eating there with your folks years ago.

Lori, we are getting some of that wind this morning. I can hear it howling outside. Hate to go out in it in about an hour and a half. You are doing so well on your eating and weight loss. kutgw!

My brother is in a small art show in the Latchis movie theater on main street. They have one of his paintings in the window of the back side of Main Street. A long row of brick buildings. I would like to stop and take a picture for the family but I won't be able to park too close and not sure I want to get out in that cold more than I have to. We shall see!

Vicki, I made your fathead pizza yesterday. Love it! Just what I was looking for. I will use that recipe as a bread recipe for sandwiches too. I will post a couple of pics at the bottom to show the rest of the gang.

Tammy wonderful that the fat fast made you drop 2 pounds! Great idea to use it periodically!

Marilee, how is your weekend going? Are you enjoying any steaks?

Will check back later! Have a great Sunday Blitzers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (56.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (26.0 KB, 3 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Tony, we like going to the college basketball games in the town closest to us, but the tickets are very hard to come by. They are always sold out.

Abi, So glad you liked it. I read somewhere that if you are truly following Atkin's induction, almond flour isn't allowed. There was a recipe posted that didn't have the flour in it. I think there was more cheese and eggs then. Regardless, I am not on Atkin's induction, so I am not going to worry about it.

All, anyone who has dealt with lawyers, can you please explain why they don't respond or return calls letting you know if they can even help you? I am entitled to % of my ex's retirement and I received the court order over the summer from ex's lawyer. After I submitted all required documents to DFAS (yes, it is military now if that says something) the end of Aug. The end of Sept. I rcv'd a letter saying they rejected the court order because it wasn't worded properly. So, said lawyer wrote another one and that was sent the first of Nov. Then, right after Christmas, I rcv'd another letter saying they rejected that court order because of incorrect wording again.

I contacted my lawyers office, the one who did my divorce, and was told to make copies of all the forms etc. concerning this issue. I submitted them Dec. 31. I haven't heard a thing from the lawyer despite a weekly phone call, messages left to his voice mail and email sent. An email was also sent to the attorney that is incorrectly writing the court orders.

In the meantime, my ex retired Nov. 1 and technically, I think I am owed my % of the months that have gone by due to the lawyer's mistakes. What rights do I have and who would I go to in order to expedite the process and finalize this? Any suggestions?

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi vicki, i would need more info to offer an informed opinion, but i'll give it a shot anyway...i'm not sure i understand - are you saying that the court order language that is being rejected was written way back when you got divorced, so you then had it redone last Fall by a different attorney who also got it wrong?

is the pension provider specifying what is wrong with the language?...if not, can you get clarification from them?

if you are being charged by these attorneys and paying the bills promptly, they may be simply busy with other work and consider something small like this (in their world, not yours!) as more of a nuisance...they may also be afraid that they may be liable for whatever money you are losing as a result of the "mistakes" they have made, IF in fact they have made any mistakes...

lawyers can be a pain to deal with sometimes...professional accountability is not always at the top of their to-do list...personally, i would not hire an attorney or continue to work with an attorney who did not return my calls...i don't know how much you paid these guys, but if it is not a lot, i'd just walk away and find a better attorney and have them do the work correctly...if you have paid a lot, i would either leave a message or send them a certified letter explaining the problem with the work they did and you paid for, and ask them to either resolve the issue or provide you with a refund so that you can hire another attorney to do the work properly...only do this if you are sure it is them who messed up!

if i have some facts wrong, let me know...it is hard to determine whether the problems you are having are a result of the attoneys' work or with a difficult pension provider...just look at what ff had to go through to get his pension...all these people love collecting money and hate paying it out!...

good luck and of course, these are just my opinions, but let me know if you have any other questions...

abs, do the bacon and eggs ever taste any different from one week to the next?...do you ever miss the cc breakfasts (i know they are not open now)?...thanks for the pics on the pizza - wow, that looks good!

lori, i am soooooooo proud of you...that's almost 15 pounds in a few weeks!!!!...way to go...all you girls are smoking this guy this month, but i will be back to form soon! :-)

em texted me a pic of amadora this morning and said she misses her grandpa :-) ...i miss her too - haven't seen her since wednesday...i'm sure i will see her a couple of times this week as 1) it's my second son's bday on wednesday, 2) it's my son-in-law's birthday on saturday, 3) the super bowl is on sunday, and i'm goin' over there if i don't see her on any of those days!...haha!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 01-26-2014 at 11:57 AM..
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, I haven't paid a dime. I assume the ex is responsible for paying since it is his lawyer who is screwing up the language. There is no change from the divorce wording. Apparently it is a separate court order only with the retirement pay % spelled out. I don't know if this is specifically because it is the military we are dealing with.

When the original court order was rejected I called DFAS for clarification and was told that there was a link on their website directed specifically to attorneys on the proper verbiage for such document. I forwarded this doc to that lawyer. Yet, when he submitted the second court order, he had to add more words than were necessary which voided the second one.

I did talk to someone at DFAS the end of Dec. when the second court order was rejected and was told that the attorney could call and talk to their paralegal so the wording is done properly.

i haven't a clue as to where we are on this now. Between the second and first rejected court orders I contacted that attorney's office, but was met with some resistance since I am not the client.

I haven't paid anything to my lawyer because he was supposed to get back to me as to WHAT he can do. And, I haven't heard a thing from him.

I called another law office here in town on Thursday and explained what was going on and was asked by the secretary if I was firing my lawyer. I said I suppose I was but didn't really say it that way. My theory is, whoever can get it done, and get it done right and soon, is the one I will pay to get it done. Anyways, that secretary mentioned the lawyers name she would communicate with about my situation and still haven't heard from that office either as of Friday. I guess, when they say they are going to call, I expect within about 24 hours or so.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi guys!

Wow, it's been a busy day....and nearly 8 pm here....so it's past bedtime for most of you!

Vicki, Lawyers are such a pain to deal with!! I have an attorney I work closely with here for all of our evictions, legal actions, etc and he's really great....but based on my experience over the years he's rare!

Lori, Your movie night sounds wonderful.....that is one of our favorite family things to do! Awesome job on your loss, you are kicking butt!

Abi, your pizza crust looks fabulous!! When I get brave enough to start incorporating any kind of flour products I will give that try....for now I'm avoiding those things.....too easy for me to get into trouble! Ohhh, but yesterday I DID make your cream cheese/shredded cheese/green chili dip....I stirred a spoonful of sour cream into it......it was AWESOME and my husband LOVED it....he was eating it off the spoon!

Tony, what a great time you had with your boys....and good job at the restaurant! I was just talking with my hubby today about how hard Italian restaurants are when doing this WOE.....I could live very happily on pasta!!

Today was awesome!! Instead of DD and her fiancé driving an hour to spend the day with us, we drove out to see them. They've been wanting us to see their place since they recently bought some new furniture and have been decorating....getting all settled in. They kind of have that "we're young and just starting out" decorating vibe going.....but they love it and they're happy, so that's what matters! We went to lunch and went antiquing....We looked at wedding gowns and talked wedding details, it was such a nice day!

Well tomorrow's Monday again, I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:46 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Well at 20 degrees here this morning it is almost tropical. lol Not really.

No more packing and shipping for awhile anyway. We all meet at the candle store to do inventory. That is fun and the time flys.

I did stop and take a couple of photos of my brother's painting on display in the movie theater window. I managed to walk down the street on some very slippery sidewalks due to a little snow the night before without falling down. It was treacherous though. The photo is dark because at 7am it wasn't quite light out yet.

Tony, usually the bacon and eggs do taste about the same every week. Their bacon is super thin cut though so not too filling. I do miss the cc. The view was so pretty especially when the trees on the fairways were blooming in the spring. Also Mom was with us for most of the breakfasts there so very much miss that experience too.

Tammy, your visit out at your daughter's place sounded like such fun. She has not bought her wedding dress yet? Glad you liked the chile cheese dip. Adding some sour cream sounds even better!

Lori, having a movie night sounds so nice. We hardly ever watch movies here but when I go to visit DD and family in Missouri we always watch some good stuff.

Vicki, your lawyer story is so irritating. Why can't people do their jobs right? It sounds like the military office is happy to be of help with the offer to have the lawyer call the para legal to get the wording right.

I have posted the photos from yesterday. Have a great Monday everyone! Bringing tuna salad and pork skins for lunch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (42.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (49.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 01-27-2014 at 02:50 AM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:21 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, abs, that's another nice painting!...brattleboro is a pretty cool, funky little town!...it's funny how warm 20-degress feels after single digits!...the cold doesn't even bother me any more...i wear a sweater or light jacket and i'm okay unless i'm gonna be out in it for a long time...probably a result of the fat insulating me! :-) is the cc open around your mom's birthday?...maybe you could have breakfast there that week...

lori, they don't even have movie stores out here anymore...i think the only place to rent dvd's is a redbox machine, at least where i live...do you have those?

vicki, it makes a little more sense to me now...i don't know these people, but it wouldn't be the first time that an ex-hubby's attorney was not too helpful to an ex-wife...if you want your own advocate, it appears you may need to hire your own lawyer - the one you have doesn't seem too proactive, but he may just be away or something...i'd call him again and if you don't get a prompt response, get a reference on a good attorney and hire him...you get what you pay for with professionals and this seems like an inexpensive fix...remember, you are the only person losing money because of this snafu, so don't expect anyone to care about it as much as you do!

tammy, your day with your daughter sounds so nice...it's great you have such a nice relationship...

we had a double-date with our 18-year old son and his gf last night...we went to a movie - dallas buyer's club - it was pretty good, but not much of a date movie...haha...

my son has no school today so we were gonna head to work, but emmy texted and said amadora came up with the idea to come to visit us this morning, so work has been canceled!...rescheduled for tomorrow!...haha!...can't wait to see both my girls...

hope y'all have a great day!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Abi, that is a lovely picture, your brother has real talent!! No, my daughter hasn't picked out her dress yet.....though I think we finally have it narrowed down. She's an old soul....completely loves the Pin Up girl look and the days of Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. Yesterday when we antiquing we just happened to see a copy of that famous Marilyn picture of her sitting on the curb in the white dress with miles of white tulle surrounding her and her bare feet sticking out at the bottom? We both looked at each other and said "THAT'S IT!!" That's the perfect dress! I must admit, we're having fun with the wedding planning!

Tony, that was so thoughtful of Amadora to come up with the idea to come visit you!! I would completely re-organize my day too if I were in your shoes!

How's everyone doing on this busy Monday?
Old 01-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Tammy, is this the dress?
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Tammy, is this the dress?
That's it!!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Very fem and sexy. I love it!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I guess I will call the attorney's office tomorrow and see if they can make a recommendation for someone else in the office or another office HA.

Abi, nice picture of the painting.

Tammy, it sounds like such a lovely time to have with your DD. Now if only my grown children lived closer so I could drive an hour. Sigh

Yesterday we ate at a Mexican place and I indulged in chips. My first planned slip up, oh well, I am not going to sweat over it. The dinner on Saturday night turned out ok. There was "fake" chicken and roast beef along with green bean almondine, at least that is what it appeared to be. They mixed canned green beans with frozen, so imagine the vibrant green of frozen and Army green of the canned combined. Fake chicken to me is that factory processed boneless, skinless chicken breasts where they all are the same shape and size. I am so used to my whole, free range chickens with real chicken flavor that the factory chicken tastes so bland and the texture is really weird.

Exercise: SI6 Start It UP, abs and stretching

B-2 pieces fathead pizza
L 2 HB eggs, salad with dressing
D-Rotel, sausage, cream cheese, and coleslaw mix yummy, orange jello SF
S-nuts, cheese stick
Old 01-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this is what i was up to all day :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V holding Ama 1-27-14.jpg (18.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-28-2014, 01:43 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, what a sweet picture. I can't think of anything more lovely than holding a sleeping baby all day! We are loving seeing these photos of Amadora!

Thanks gang for the compliments on my brother's painting! I will tell him!

Vicki, good luck with a new lawyer. Hope you can get a quick settlement to your case!

Tammy it sounds like you and your daughter are having a blast with the wedding details. What are you thinking of for your dress. I love weddings and all the details as you can see!

I got my bag of lupin flour yesteday from netrition. I will give you my impressions tomorrow.

We are so efficient we finished the inventory at the store and most of the 3 floors of the Country Barn so we are back at the plant today.

Have a wonderful day blitzers!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, Isn't that dress just awesome? Yes very fem and sexy and she will look like a million bucks in it!

Vicki, Mexican restaurants can be tough.....and the green bean thing sounds a little odd with 2 different color green beans!

Tony, what a sweet picture!! She is such a little doll!

Abi, I'm not sure about my dress yet....it depends on how much weight I lose! It most likely will be something vintage or retro to go with her theme.....I'm thinking something tea length and Grace Kelly like. She's thinking her colors will be mint green and white, which at first I wasn't wild about, but with our red hair I think it will actually be complimentary. I love wedding details too.....so much fun!

Well kids, off to work for me. My regional Mgr is coming in today to do annual reviews with everyone......this could be an interesting day!

Have a great day!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Well, that was short lived! Hoping it is just water weight, because my pants are still fitting loosely.

Jan 1 - 188
Jan 3 - 183 (losing that water weight from the holiday carbfest)
Jan 13 - 180.4 (TOM)
Jan 14 - 180.8 (TOM) meat and egg fast (C25K W2D2)
Jan 15 - 177.4
Jan 16 - 176.6
Jan 17 - 175.0
Jan 19 - 176.6
Jan 20 - 177.0
Jan 22 – 176.0
Jan 25 – 173.4 Nice drop today!
Jan 26 – 176.0
Jan 27 – 179.2
Jan 28 – 181.2

I ate horribly on Sunday. The church had a luncheon and I indulged in dessert for no apparent reason! So the first wave hit Monday and even though I ate on plan all day Monday, I was running a fever and felt horrible (probably carb-induced flu). Then this morning I felt the second wave of the carb induced gain. I had forgotten until I got on the scale this morning that I usually see two days of gain when I have a carb slip up. I’d like to say lesson learned, but I know I’ll do it again someday. I just hope it isn’t any time soon. I have tried to stick to strict meat and egg again today. Sausage for B, Wings for L, and I think I’ll have eggs for D. Good news: DH will be home sometime late tonight!! YAY!!

Hoping to feel better after running a fever last night and feeling just downright run down!

Abi – I don’t blame you about not getting out in the cold, but good job getting the picture despite the cold. That is a lovely painting. Your food looked wonderful, too. I’ll have to go back and find that recipe now!

Vicki – I am sorry you are having trouble regarding the retirement, but I do not know anything that can help you.

Tony – Thanks for the encouragement. I probably should have gotten on here and read it before I went to that luncheon on Sunday! We do have redbox! But we also have Family Video in 3 of the 4 towns surrounding us. So, that is nice that we can still browse the shelves and rent. I did a web search and there seems to be some of these stores in New Hampshire too. You should check it out! I love how you cancelled work for Amadora. She is so lucky and looks so sweet and comfy in that pic!

Tammy – That sounds like such a wonderful day with your family! I do love the movie nights with the whole family. Especially when I can talk the teenage boys into watching the Disney movies with me and the little ones (rare!)! LOVE that dress!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori, why do we do that to ourselves anyways? We pay the price in the long run.

Tony, how precious.

Appt. with another lawyer in the same office on Monday afternoon. I sure heck we make headway.

exercise: Slim and Sleek Fast

B-flax bread with almond and sunflower butter
L-sausage, rotel, cream cheese, cole slaw mix stuff, veggies
s-cheese
d- chicken and roasted cauli
Old 01-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey lori, i do the EXACT same thing when i hit a milestone...seems like i sabotage myself!...i don't get it...in my case, i am convinced it is psychological, but i don't quite understand it...sounds like you are getting a handle on it...stay strong and you'll be back in the 70s in a day or two...

abs, the wax museum must be buzzing with busy little beavers counting things...how is dh's back doing?...is he going to try acupuncture?...i think about him every time i get a pain shooting down my leg!

vicki, good for you for getting a new lawyer...should be pretty easy to resolve...they should be able to get you what you should have gotten retroactively...

tammy, did you get reviewed today too, or just the regular employees?...our daughter's wedding was last year and so i just recently experienced all the angst you ladies go through, up close and personal! :-) i handled most of the plans and emmy was very easy to please - thank goodness! but there was a lot of worrying going on regarding dresses etc...

where are you, marilee?...

busy day at work today making up for what i didn't do yesterday - happily!...
Old 01-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone,

What a busy Tuesday!

Lori, sorry you're feeling so ill....hopefully it is just the carb flu and nothing more! You'll drop those pounds pretty quick!! We've all been there with the self sabotage, I think the key is to learn more each time we fail and try not to make the same mistakes over again.....easier said than done I know!

Vicki, I hope you have better luck with the new attorney!!

Tony, I did the annual reviews for all of my staff and my regional did mine. It went well, I was pleased with my review, I thought it was very fair and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I was one of 2 managers in our portfolio to be given a small pay increase. Emphasis on the word small, but still....it was unexpected and so greatly appreciated!

Did well today food wise....hoping to get some exercise in tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a fabulous evening!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:44 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gang!

Tammy, good going on the review and raise! We know you are such a hard worker! Love the idea of a vintage dress for you for the wedding.

Lori, hope you are feeling better today. So hard with a big family and working full time when you don't feel well. Thanks for the kind words about my brother's painting!

Tony, DH has still not made an appointment with the acupuncture place. I will let you know what his results are if he ever goes there. Hope you get alot of work done before your next Amadora visit because we all know you will be useless on those days. lol

Vicki, how did the new lawyer visit go? Your meal plans always sound so good.

Most of you know we used to live in Alabama for many years and are hearing from friends down there how awful the snow conditions are. They are not set up for road plowing, sanding and salting. One friend just south of Birmingham says many teachers and children could not get home yesterday and had to spend the night in the schools! They were asking for anyone that could get to the schools to bring blankets for the children! What a mess! If DD and family were still living there it would have been our grandchildren having to spend the night in the school!

Our delivery service is treating us to pizza today in appreciation for our business. Now we know what brown can do for us! lol I will eat the tops off two slices as usual.

Have a great day Blitzers! And yes, Marilee, what are you up to!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:29 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, where do they get the pizzas you guys are always eating over there?...that's too bad about the kids in alabama, but i know from experience in the blizzard of '78, they will have great stories to tell for the rest of their lives...there are folks down there who have NEVER seen snow...

you're right about me being totally useless when amadora is around...all i do is try to make her smile the whole time she's awake!

i have three mediations on friday, and will be at the courthouse in manchester all day...i can't wait!...i love that work...

tammy, congrats on the review!...it's nice to have your hard work validated and i know how hard you work...

next week i will be in nashville to write...i miss sarah!

today is my second son's 27th birthday - he is an awesome young man...we will all go somewhere for dinner tonight and yes, amadora will be there!...haha...
Old 01-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all, I'm here. I've been reading all of your posts - quite an active group we have here.

Right now, Vicki's dad (my brother) is in the hospital having knee replacement surgery. Praying that all goes well.

It's been another busy week at work. I'm taking tomorrow off. The HOA at my condo is having the annual termite inspection done and of course, you can't make an appointment so I'm taking a day off. I didn't take on off laste year and the inspection is required, so I had to schedule one and then pay for it. My HOA dues include the cost of their inspection so it seems silly to throw money away like that.

I have to get to work so I'll check in later.

Marilee
Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Dad did ok with surgery. No pain now, but he had a block that will wear off tomorrow. He is dozing on and off but appears stable right now.

My appt. with the lawyer isn't until Monday afternoon, I will keep you posted. I am relieved at least know someONE will listen to me.

Mom and I ate lunch in the hospital cafeteria and we both had beef brisket and roasted cauli. That is two days in a row of cauli now. Breakfast was a protein shake and BPC, snack of cashews, ham and cheese. Supper will be chicken and salad.

I took the whole day off as a sick day. I almost went back for my afternoon class, but I so rarely take the day off that I said, nuts, I am staying away. It's covered so who cares. Even though I am physically away from work, I never really leave it. The person covering me was sending me all kinds of emails with questions etc. and a couple came in from students too. I also took the time to grade papers while in the waiting room.

Exercise: Sansone's 3 mile walk.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I'm so glad your dad is doing well after the surgery.....hopefully that continues! Yes I know what you mean about never really leaving work....I tend to be the same way!

Marilee, HOA's drive me nuts! Good that they're proactive about the termites though....So. Cal is as bad about termites as Phoenix was!

Tony, you have A LOT of work coming up....I think mediation is a GREAT field for you, you're very compassionate and even handed. It's good that you love it....I'm not so sure that I'd be that great with it. I truly care about people and can be compassionate....heaven knows I hear FAR MORE about people's personal lives and conflicts than I ever wanted to hear as it is....but I have a strong BS meter and have a hard time dealing with people once my BS meter starts going off.

Abi, I love it when vendors treat us....but it's always with something carby and bad!!! Good for you for picking the toppings off...way to go!

Lori, how are you feeling?? Better I hope!

Well kids just a quick check in at lunch time.....better get back to work!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:02 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, Marilee, hoping that your Dad/brother will not have much pain after the block wears off and glad his surgery went well. Didn't he fall down the stairs a couple of years ago? Did he have to have the surgery as a result of that?

Tony, usually they order the pizza from a place just down the street but yesterday the ups sales rep got it from grocery chain in greenfield called the big y. I have never shopped there but people I work with say they have some great food there and low prices.

You all know how I like to experiment with new recipes. Well I came across a keto adapted bread recipe from Maria Emmerich's Mind Body Healing site. She posts about it and shows photos of it on herJan. 11th blog. It is sort of like a big oopsie recipe I think. It is only made of eggs and egg white protein powder! Her photos show it toasted. I am pretty sure this would be induction permitted.
Don't know where to buy egg white protein locally so I may check into ordering some egg white powder. The picture sure looks good toasted. Maria says you have to wait until the bread is cool before slicing and then she always keeps it in the freezer.
Ingredients

12 eggs, separated
1 cup Jay Robb unflavored egg white protein (or whey protein)
½ tsp onion powder (optional)

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Separate the eggs (save the yolks), and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff (I use a stand mixer on high for a few minutes).
Gently mix the protein powder into the whites.
Slowly fold the reserved egg yolks into the whites (making sure the whites don’t fall).
Grease a bread pan with coconut oil spray and fill with “dough.”
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Let completely cool before cutting or the bread will fall. Cut into slices.
I keep this bread in the freezer at all times to make sandwiches.
OPTION: Make bread into 18 buns on a greased cookie sheet.

Notes
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
Traditional Bread = 80 calories, 2g fat, 2g protein, 24.5g carbs, 1g fiber
Keto-Adapted Bread = 49 calories, 2.9g fat, 5.2g protein, 0.5g carb, trace fiber (53.5% fat, 42.5% protein, 4% carbs)

Only .5 carbs per slice!

I will let you know if I end up making this.

Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-30-2014 at 02:06 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, thanks for the kind words...i guess most people enjoy the kind of work they are good at, especially before they get sick of it!...haha...i now have three jobs that i LOVE: the commercial building because it scratches my "entrepreneurial itch" and provides me with income/freedom to do the other two jobs, the mediation because i can apply certain skills i have to help people resolve conflict without engaging in a terrible battle and the songwriting because songs are how i best express myself...i bet you'd be better at mediation than you think - we all have bs meters, but i just have to look beyond that to the underlying interests of both parties to help them find common ground...you are smart and positive and i think you'd be good at it...most successful people are mediating all the time!

vicki, hope your dad isn't in pain today...i'm happy you took the whole day off - i bet it made it much reasier on your mom to have you with her...beef brisket is a tricky animal - i love it when it's good, but i find it is only good about half the time...it is tough to keep it from either drying out or getting spongy...i made it a couple of months ago and it was virtually inedible...

marilee, i want a full termite report on my desk by 8 p.m. EST...i guess we have termites here but it's not a big problem...

abs, let us know how the "bread" turns out...i love that you are always trying new things and sharing them with us...how is hubby's pain/mobility now verses his condition pre-surgery?...was his diagnosis "degenerative disk disease"?...i've been reading a lot since my back started hurting...i'm not usually afraid of things, but when my back "went out" it was so painful that i am afraid of doing something to trigger it again...it is keeping me out of the gym on my normal schedule...i am debating whether to go today...i feel so much better although my leg is still numb - so i know i have not healed, but i hate not working out...

my son's birthday was awesome...got him tickets to a keith urban concert this summer...amadora was sooooo cute...she really knows me and gets so animated and excited when she sees me...she tries to talk back as i talk baby talk to her...i LOVE that baby!...we all had dinner at a nice place and i had the baked garlic cheddar haddock - it was delicious...i was really proud as i looked around the table at my 4 kids and their 2 gf and em's hubby...all nice people who get along and like each other...we really are building a nice big family :-)

okay, off to get some work done...hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by tony8; 01-30-2014 at 06:15 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, you're such a great guy....thanks for the kind words!! Amadora responds to you so much because she knows how much you love her.....babies are very sensitive to those things!!! When I was pregnant with our son (25 years ago!) my husband would come home from work and talk to my belly....our son would get SO excited the minute he heard his daddy's voice.....he'd start kicking and rolling....from before he was born he knew his dad was his best pal....and they still are! Amadora knows the same thing about you!

Abi, that bread sounds very interesting....please do tell us how it turns it!!

Well kids, off to work....everyone have a GREAT day!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awww, thanks tammy! :-)

had a good day today...i made meatloaf tonight for the first time and it was soooo good...did use some panko breadcrumbs in the mix but not too much...

lots of prep for tomorrow's mediations...gonna be a full day and i can't wait!
Old 01-31-2014, 01:37 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Well first attempt was a flop on the bread. I didn't have any unflavored whey or powdered egg whites but I wanted to try the recipe to see what the texture would be. I used my vanilla whey but did not cook it long enough. I didn't realize it until this morning as I had put the loaf in the frig overnight to cool. Maria's oven is a convection oven so it only took her bread 25 minutes to cook but when I try it again I will cook it about an hour I think. I will keep you posted.

Tony, other than sciatica I don't remember them calling it anything else but his disks had degenerated so that probably was the diagnosis. He is still feeling pretty bad and has an appointment with the dr. today.

Had one of those semi sleepless nights Marilee. So glad it is Friday!

Getting ready to cook up some ground beef for lunch today. Will check back in after work to see how everyone is doing today.

Have a great Friday Blitzers!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF! Even though I had yesterday "off" I got a lot of emails/texts from my boss and had to deal with some things. But most of the day was mine. No termites!

I saw this recipe on FB and thought I'd share. You know how I don't like chicken breasts, so this might them moister and tastier.

1/2 parmesan cheese
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp garlic powder
1-1/2 tsps seasoned salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Spread over chicken and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. I'm going to add a dash of hot sauce, cause I'm a spicy girl