Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
vicki, i went to the gym yesterday and i never go two days in a row...i like going three times a week, so i have one day off twice and two days off once per week...that works best for me...so i will go again tomorrow or monday...i was more sore today after yesterday's workout, but i gotta keep moving!...wow, how many different exercise videos do you have??? :-)

lori, great to see you - welcome back...and congrats on getting a week on=plan under your belt...every time a limb falls in my yard, i think of you...haha!

good day...lots of work, but got everything done that i had to do...looking forward to a nice weekend...nothing planned - hope i see a baby sometime though :-)

b: skipped
l: leftover baked haddock
d: a chili dog :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
TGIF!!

Hello luvs!

FF It's SO GOOD to see you back, we've missed you!!! I hope you're feeling better and that the acupuncture helps! Have you thought about getting an Ipad instead of a laptop? My understanding is that they're not quite as prone to viruses as Microsoft products are. You still need antivirus programs and what not, but they're supposed to be easier to maintain.

Abi, that chicken dish turned out BEAUTIFULLY.....it was SOOOO YUMMY! Of course it's hard to go wrong with cream cheese, bacon and green chili's!

Tony, I'm glad your leg is better and you're back at the gym....just be careful not to overdo it!!!

Marilee, we are all here for you and we've all been there!! I find that the more I stay plugged in to my online food journal and my friends HERE I do much better and my temptation to backslide is tremendously minimized!

Lori, your trip sounds divine, and what a wonderful boss to include an extra day for sightseeing!!!!

Vicki, I am very much the play it by ear / what do I have that might pair well together kind of cook. My thought process is usually along the lines of "Hey....I like this, this and that....they MUST be good together....right?!?!

Well, I have survived the last couple of days....yesterday was a 13 hour day with 4 hours spent on the road driving....that was exhausting! The lunch menu at our meeting was tough.....Mexican food.....but I did the best I could was thrilled to see that this morning I was still very deep in ketosis! Today was crazy busy just trying to get caught up from being out of the office all day yesterday.....but it is now the weekend!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Happy weekend Blitzers!

Tammy, glad your chicken dish came out well. I knew you couldn't go wrong with that combinations. Great you are still in ketosis after the mexican meal.

FF, which virus protection service have you used in the past? I hate to think it is going to be that long before you can check in with us daily!

Tony, hoping you feel well today and that you get to see Amadora this weekend. I have to drive to Keene this morning for an eye appointment. It is supposed to snow starting this morning maybe 2 or 3 inches.

Marilee, so sorry about the painful knee. Glad you are feeling motivated again. Think RIBEYES!

Lori, my brother went to Prague few years ago with his college buddies and they also managed to visit several neighboring countries. They had a wonderful time. Glad the puppy is doing well. The kids must just love it!

Vicki, I was not able to attend as I am in New Hampshire and she is near Joplin, Mo. I hate that the kids live so far away. I am lucky to see them once or twice a year. Son in law sent us an unofficial photo he took last night. I am sure there will be more to follow. DD and grandaughter drove for 4 hours after the festivities last night to go to a volley ball tournament grandaughter will be in at 8am this morning. phew! I will post a picture of her with my youngest grandaughter and her little friends. Her sister is next to her with the brown boots on.

Have a great day all and I will check back later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Becca with Abigale and friends.jpg (46.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, the kids are so cute!...i don't think you ever get used to the kids living that far away...on monday before she left, sarah left a half-drunk cup of tea on the table and we still can't bring ourselves to wash the cup!...silly, i know, but.....

wow, tammy, that was a loooong day...mexican food is tricky - i love rice and beans!...if it's available, i usually try to have fajita fillings - steak and chicken - and some guacamole and sour cream and cheese...but that's quite a few calories too, so i just enjoy it when i have the chance...

my turkey chili has been delicious...still lots left...the baked haddock was good too...

working on a song this morning...we shall see where it takes me!...have a great day, kids! (and yes, i mean you, marilee!)
Old 01-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yoyodieter
Stats: 222/210/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2014
Cute kids, Abigale! Sounds like everyone has been busy.

I'm still hanging in there, but I've basically been gaining/losing the same 2 pounds all week. I've decided to get rid of my scale because it has been so depressing to me. I have been sticking with the plan, but find myself constantly hungry which translates into misery. Still ... no loss. It's a bit of a bummer and hard to stay motivated.

Kris
yoyodieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Kris, those darn scales anyways. It is a love hate relationship. Hang in there.

Tony, I hope your song turns out well.

Abi, cute pic, very stunning.

I am not doing so well. My son called a few hours ago and he and his wife are very hurt over something they heard me tell my ex and his wife at the wedding reception. Not going in to detail, but basically I feel as though I am no longer a part of my son's and especially his wife's life any more. I have been crying all afternoon about it. Note to self: don't discuss anything that has to do with your kids with ex or ex's spouse, you get burned in the A&&.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8*28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday!!

Good morning!!

How is everyone on this glorious Saturday?!?! I for one slept in until 9:30 and it was WONDERFUL......I soooo needed the rest after this hectic week!

Abi, that is a fabulous pic!! I grew up in Joplin / Neosho area......it's beautiful down there! I haven't been back in years, but last time I was there it took me less than a day to slide back into my southern Missouri drawl.

Tony, I'm not big on fish, but that turkey chili sounds good! Good luck with your song...I'm sure you've been asked a million times, and maybe you've answered and I missed it....but have you written songs for anyone you can share about? Or any famous songs we know?

Kris, DON'T GET DISCOURAGED!!!! I know, that is so much easier said than done....however....we have ALL been there! If the scale is frustrating you then yes, set it aside. Listen to your body, but do what you know is right. (Because trust me if your body is anything like mine that sucker will LIE to you about what you think you need!) One thing I have found that helps me tremendously with the hunger is to increase my fat! I have learned that for me personally I can NOT do low carb AND low fat.....I was constantly hungry. Now I focus on low to almost no carb and very high fat content. I track EVERYTHING in my online food journal and it tracks my calories, carbs, protein and fat.....and it's gives me fabulous charts and graphs for everything. My typical day my total calories might be 800 - 1100, my protein will be around 22 - 25%, my carbs will usually be around 2%, and my fat will be around 75-78%. It IS a lot of work to track everything, but when I do that I can quickly see what is or is not working for me and as long as I stick to those ratios I am not hungry and I lose fairly consistently.....so far at least. My challenge has been sticking with it long enough to see long term results. This time I WILL see this through to ultimate success....this time I will NOT quite!! Because I've learned that the next year is going to pass whether I do this and lose weight or not.....and if I quit....then next year I'll be at the same high weight wishing I'd never quit!!!

Marilee & Vicki, how are you ladies doing???

Well I'm off to the store to pick up some artichokes and mushrooms to go with the BEAUTIFUL ribeyes we have ready for the grill! I will check in with you kids later!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no Vicki!!

Honey those are hard situations!! It's good though that your son shared this with you....I take that to mean that perhaps there's a chance for healing. Do they live nearby that you might actually be able to sit down with them and talk? If so maybe you can work things out. If what you said was taken out of context or unfairly portrayed perhaps you can straighten it out. If it wasn't taken out of context perhaps you can explain it. Either way a chance to ask forgiveness and extend a little grace could be helpful. If not, then it may just take some time. My husband and I have been through similar situations with our parents and one or two of our kids.....we have learned that LOVE, PRAYER, and time does heal almost all things. As a mom it's hard to accept the whole time thing.....but you just keep letting your son know that you love him and support and if possible try to build a bridge to his wife....no matter what you're still his mom and he DOES love you....even if he's angry.

You have my prayers sweetie!!
Old 01-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, my heart goes out to you. Tammy has said everything I wanted to say but said it so much better. I hope and pray that everything works out with you and your son and daughter and law.
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi vicki, i'm so sorry you are going through this...i can imagine how heart-broken you are feeling today as i know you love your children more than anything in the world...

i agree with what tammy has said and will add a couple of things...first, don't beat yourself up too much - you are a human being with complex emotions and feelings...when it comes to our children, we go from needing to have no boundaries when they are babies to a few boundaries as they are growing up, to seemingly all-of-a-sudden lots of boundaries when they become adults...these are extremely difficult waters for most of us to navigate...

i doubt there is a parent in here who has not said something about their child or their child's partner to a trusted confidant like a spouse or ex-spouse that would cause hurt or anger if heard by the kids...as parents, we need to be able to share those thoughts with someone occasionally...whatever you said was said in private to someone who is supposed to love your son as much as you do...

you say your son "heard" it and i'm not sure if you mean he overheard it or that your ex told him what you said...if it is the latter, shame on your ex for doing that because he/they made the choice to hurt your child by using your confidential statements as a weapon...if it was overheard, it was a mom expressing a concern and it is unfortunate it reached ears it was not meant to reach...simple as that...

i forget how long ago this reception was and don't know what the relationship has been like since this happened...those will give some insight into the need for time, as tammy said...but when you think the time is right, and i wouldn't wait months for it to feel right, i would tell them both that you love them and that you were going through some very difficult times (which you have been) and that you had not been feeling well emotionally (seeking therapy) and that you said some things that you did not mean and that you are very sorry and that the pain you caused them is killing you and you are asking for their forgiveness...

then i would just be the great mother you have always been and i wouldn't say this to them BUT if they cannot find it in their hearts to give you a clean slate, after all you have sacrificed and provided as a mom, then it will be on them, not you...

i'm watching what emily is doing for amadora right now - what we all did for our kids when they needed it - and i believe that should give us quite a few chips to cash in, not if, but when we make a mistake regarding the kids...i think spouses of kids should respect that relationship and bond between parent and child as well...

i don't know about you guys, but i loved my parents and respected and forgave them and didn't feel taxed doing it because of all they did for me...and because i knew they did the best they could...getting to know you these past few years, i believe you raised the kind of kids who will do the same thing when push comes to shove...

don't let this send you into a tailspin - be strong and be kind to yourself...apologize and accept the forgiveness that SHOULD be coming your way and if all else fails, let time do its thing...you didn't commit a mortal sin and didn't do anything every other parent hasn't done at one time or another...we all love you and are here if you want to talk...don't hide and suffer alone - please! keep us posted...

Last edited by tony8; 01-18-2014 at 05:53 PM..
Old 01-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, sunday morning and no abi?...she must have headed out to the backside early today to grab her two eggs while they were still under the chicken... :-)

quiet day here i think...ds has tomorrow off but this is midterms week at school so he has a lot of studying and his senior essay is due tuesday...i will show my solidarity by keeping the tv off and taking care of paperwork and mediation prep...

just got in from plowing and shoveling...may hit the gym...had to take 2 aleve yesterday just to be able to lie down and rest...trying to keep moving while not hurting myself is tricky business! :-)

hope y'all have a great day!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

What a quiet Sunday morning!! I hope everyone is having a great day!

Tony be careful not to overdue it....I know how easy it is to get restless while your body heals, but make sure you take plenty of time to really recover! My husband HATES to admit that it takes him longer to heal than it used to when he was younger....but life's funny that way!

Vicki.....how are you doing sweetie? We love you and we're here for you!!!

Marilee....where are you at??? How did your meat shopping go the other day? Did you get some gorgeous steaks??

Mornin' Abi! How was breakfast at the backside??

Everyone be safe today and have a GREAT Sunday! Enjoy the playoffs!!
Old 01-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Tony, you are so funny!

Tammy, breakfast was delicious and alot of fun. There were 8 of us there. My niece brought the latest boyfriend home from Ohio and we all got to meet him over the last couple of days. He is adorable. I wonder if this romance does not work out if we can just adopt him?

I have been cleaning for the last 2 hours and doing wash. Yesterday was sort of a loss with eye appointment taking up the morning. I did stop at the Market Basket grocery store just outside of Keene. It was so nice but very crowded. I bought some golden flax meal to make one minute muffins. Never can find it around here. Something else I am reading alot about is lupin flour. You can order it from netrition but I don't see it in any stores here.
Carb Legal Cheese Crackers
Lupin Flour?

Tomorrow morning since I will be off I am driving up to Walpole, NH to have breakfast and coffee with my younger sister, her daughter, son in law and my two little nephews. I am looking forward to seeing her new soap stone counter top and farm sink. The photo looks lovely.

Vicki, more hugs today for you.

Last edited by Abigale; 01-19-2014 at 12:18 PM..
Old 01-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, that sounds like a fun breakfast...tomorrow does too!...

tammy, i took your advice and stayed home today...

oldest son came home today and we watched the football game together...i'm not a big pats fan but was hoping for a good game...

i'm missing that baby :-)

how is everyone doing?...vicki, you okay?
Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Tony, I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy the day with your son....I am a HUGE Broncos fan (15 years in Colorado during the John Elway days does that to you) So for us it was a terrific game!!! Now we're really hoping that Seattle wins....I like Russell Wilson and would LOVE to see a Bronco's / Seahawks Super Bowl!!!

Abi, your breakfast plans for tomorrow sound awesome.....I have to work!

How's everyone else doing? Where is everyone else??
Old 01-20-2014, 04:22 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers!

Getting ready to head to my sister's house. She says she will be cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast! I am going to stop at hannaford's to pick her up some salad dressing that she really liked at my sister in law's house a couple of weeks ago. Have a candle for my niece. Made some donut holes using Linda Sue's pound cake recipe and my little electric donut hole maker. POUND CAKE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Will check back in later. Vicki, please post and let us know you are ok.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
good morning all! Vicki, I hope that you are doing well!

Tony, Take care of that back!

Everyone else weathering the weather?

I added in veggies friday, sat and sunday. up a couple of pounds with no good explanation, but remained on plan and going back to meat and egg fast today.

Happy Monday!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks you guys. I immersed myself into church, praying and Bible Study yesterday. Trying to turn it all over. Saturday night I couldn't get to sleep and was up reading the Bible and daily meditation books etc. I awoke Sunday morning crying and of course cried in church. I did talk to Marilee on Saturday which helped too. I figured out that fear was the underlying emotion and I will be darned if the pastor that was leading our Sunday School said that fear was a sin. That hit me like a rock. I guess I never thought that some emotions and character defects were considered sins. I just figured it was one of the commandments if broken was sin. I am learning. (If any of you are offended by my Christian views you don't have to read them )

The sad thing is, Tony, it was the ex and/or his wife that told the kids what I had said in confidence which was stated at the rehearsal dinner (wedding was over Thanksgiving weekend). I am sure that it wasn't my ex that said it, or if he did, it was because his wife told him to. Greg, ex's name, has changed since getting married and I won't go in to details, but very out of character for him. She is quite domineering, as am I LOL, but I think she is more so than what I was.

My son did call me yesterday and commented that he and his wife had said some things on Sat. that they regret, but they both forgive me. However, the hurt is going to take some time to heal.

When talking to Marilee yesterday, she asked if I had gotten into the food. No, I hadn't thank goodness. And it didn't even cross my mind I did tell her I could see how a drink would numb things (I haven't drank since 2004, so not an option either). I had to FEEL it, dag nab it.

I have today off for MLK day and here is what I have done thus far: teeth cleaned, van washed, salad made, cinnamon sunbutter and almond butter made (both yummo!), orange dreamsicle SF jello made, eggs hard boiled, 4th load of wash in the dryer, house vacuumed and kitchen floor washed. Let me see, what's left.

B-BPC, 2 coconut flour biscuits
L-veggies with dip
S-
D-Sheppard's Pie

Exercise: Kathy Koeler's DVD (BTW Tony, we have 75-80)

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2 254.6

Last edited by vli1127; 01-20-2014 at 11:40 AM..
Old 01-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I am so happy your son and wife reached out to you and were sorry they had come on so hard. Also thrilled you did not get into the food. Having to feel the hurt without anything to buffer it is very hard but after things calm down you don't have to regret also getting into the food. It is like punishing yourself twice.

Your food for today sounds so good. How do you make your coconut flour buscuits?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, here you go:

Garlic Cheese Biscuits

4 eggs
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
⅓ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup sharp cheese, shredded

Whisk together eggs, butter, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. In separate bowl, mix coconut flour with baking powder and xanthan gum. Whisk dry ingredients into egg mixture. Stir in cheese. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.

Makes 10 biscuits
Net carbs per biscuit: 2g
Other nutritional values: 109 calories, 9g fat, 4g protein
Old 01-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey everybody! You all have been busy - I've read all of the posts.

Tony, it's no wonder you are a mediator. You are very wise, my friend.

Not much going on in my world. I'm at work, but it's dead because of the holiday.

Yep, Tammy, I filled my refrigerator freezer with all kinds of good steak and meat.

Not much to report. The weekend was uneventful...got caught up on some much needed sleep. I hate it when that happens but my body tells me what it wants. I'm walking without a cane so my knee has improved. My weight hasn't dropped, but I haven't gained. I should lose a couple this week.

Vicki and I had a great talk yesterday. The one thing I like about our relationship is, that now matter how tough the subject is, we usually can get in a laugh or two.

Have a great rest of the day!

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I'm SOOOO glad to hear your son followed up with you.....that's Fabulous! You've taken the right approach and if you keep giving it over to God he WILL heal and restore things.....He always does!! I struggled with fear for YEARS....it was all I knew growing up, and it took A LOT of healing for me to get over that. Just remember "God has NOT given you a spirit of fear....but of POWER....LOVE...and a SOUND mind" When that fear starts to well up you just keep reminding yourself of that over and over again. It sounds like you and your son will be just fine!!

Abi, your morning sounds divine, I hope your drive went well given the crazy weather you guys have been having!

Marilee, a well stocked fridge is awesome!! Getting your rest is important and I honestly believe that when we don't get enough that our bodies hold on to some of that extra weight....you'll see some good losses this week I just know it!

Things are good here, super crazy busy day at work....what is it with Monday that it has to come around EVERY single week???

Have a super great day kids, I'll check in later when I have more time!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, marilee, that is sweet of you to say...i don't know how wise i am, but i am pretty good at being objective, honest and empathetic and have learned that most situations are not as good or as bad as they appear on the surface! :-) good job on the weight maintenance!

vicki, i am so happy that your son called and i am certain that things will be fine, even if it takes a little time...have you ever heard the saying: "don't tell anyone something you don't want EVERYONE to know"?...i think it's true!...of course, we all need someone we can confide in, but i would take that particular pair of folks off my confidant list!...i would use marilee for that purpose whenever possible...congrats for not falling off the food wagon...

tammy, happy you got the super bowl you were hoping for...should be a good game!...

abs, how was the breakfast - i bet it was a lot of fun...are we getting more snow tomorrow?

i did go to the gym today and when i got home, i got a surprise that i will post a pic of below!...emmy and amadora came over!!!... emmy was helping her younger brother study for his math mid-term exam tomorrow...then she started feeling sick and so both of them are spending the night...the baby slept on me for 4 hours tonight while emmy rested upstairs...dw made a big pot of chicken soup for em...i will stay home tomorrow and take care of her if she still feels poorly...

hope everyone had a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4 weeks old with sue in kitchen.jpg (28.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-21-2014, 01:47 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh Tony, what a sweet photo and look at that contented smile! So sorry Emmy was feeling sick but great she has a loving family to look after her. I bet your wife's chicken soup will do the trick to get her feeling better!

I hope we are not getting snow today. I haven't been watching the weather that closely only to know that it is going to be real cold again this week. It is 15 right now here at 4:30 am.

The breakfast was delicious. There ended up being 10 of us there. The soap stone sink and counter top was very nice. Picture is of my sister outside grilling the bacon.

It sure was nice to have 3 days off in a row. It feels like Monday to me.

Have ground beef with pizza sauce and cheese on it packed for lunch.

Wishing all the Blitzers a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (49.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here! Yesterday was a busy day. Work, dermatology visit, dinner, vet visit. Then the snow, taking the pup out overnight, plowing this morning. Why did I pick a house with such a long driveway?

Tony, The baby is so sweet. No wonder you cannot get enough of her. Sorry Emmy isn't feeling well, but so glad you were able to snuggle again with Amadora.

Abi - Grilled bacon? just when I thought you couldn't improve bacon. the thought has my mouth watering!

Tammy - If we didn't have Mondays, how would we appreciated the Tuesdays?

Marilee - So glad your knee has improved. Also very envious of your sleep this weekend. DH is staying in Canada and has to be there until the project is complete. This is the second weekend he has been gone. Needless to say, I have not been sleeping well.

Vicki - So glad that your family reached out to you. Things will improve.

FF - Hi! Hope the acupuncture worked well for you.

I am a little frustrated because my scale is still moving in the wrong direction. Thankfully I am not moving in the wrong direction. I am still on plan and also working out, so I know that a "whoosh" has to be in my future.

I am a little stressed out, so I am thinking that may have something to do with it. Just being the only parent and dealing with the struggles of 4 different age groups has my head spinning! I am thankful that we try to sit down at the dinner table every night and catch up and slow everyone's day down to just laugh and share. If it weren't for that, thing may be even crazier yet. Maybe that is why I am feeling so frazzled today. i didn't get to sit down with the kids last night for dinner because I had to take the pup to the vet for shots!

Oh, well, tonight is everyone (except DH) at the dinner table together, so maybe that will be enough to push the stress away.

Great to "see" you all.

Happy Tuesday!

B - coffee w/HWC, sausage w/ 1/2 slice cheese and mustard
S - Green tea w/lemon and ginseng
L - Grilled Pork Chop
D - more sausage w/ mustard

water, water, water

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, OMG that is the biggest smile I've ever seen on such a new baby....she clearly loves her grandpa!!!! You my friend are very blessed indeed!

Abi, grilled bacon??? Never thought of that.....that sounds wonderful!!! Just looking at your sister grilling in the snow makes me cold!

Lori, you make a very good point about Mondays! And yes, I think stress does add to our scale frustrations....it's like our bodies somehow fight stress by holding on to excess weight. Though I personally have always felt that the trade off for stress should be weight loss.....I mean seriously....give a girl a break!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday! My daughter and her fiancé came over last night to spend the night and hang out all day. I have to work, but I'll get to spend a nice long lunch with them, so it'll be a great day here!

Talk to you all later!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
OMG, Tony! She is so adorable!!! And she has you wrapped around her little finger.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy - enjoy that time! I so wish I could just pop in on my mom for the day. She lives 9 hours away!

Marilee - Isn't she just the cutest!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, thanks for the sweet comments on amadora...dw and i took care of the baby while emmy got some rest last night...the little girl only woke up for one feeding between 7:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. and that was at 11 last night...then i woke em up at 8 this morning to feed her again...emmy felt much better today and had some chicken soup, which was very yummy!...dw and ds were at school, and emmy didn't want the baby to catch whatever she had, so i got to hold her all day...she was smiling at me all day and trying to vocalize with me...she really is smart!...haha!

dw got home and took her from me and now her daddy is here and we gave her up so she could cuddle with him...they are staying tonight too, so i'm a lucky grandpa!...

not much else to report...on-plan and doing well...sciatica is a bit better today...haven't taken any aleve yet - hoping i can do without it...

abs, i have been baking bacon in the oven, but never tried the grill...i always thought it would cause a flare up...i gotta try that...it must have been so much fun with 10 of you there!

marilee, you got that right!...tell me about the az weather this week...we are getting some more snow tonight...it's actually beautiful...

tammy, happy you got to hang with your daughter...where did you guys go for lunch?

lori, i'm sure it's the stress...it's no wonder as you have a tough job with all those kids and work!...i think you're pretty amazing!

gym tomorrow?...i'm hoping...actually i may play with my grandbaby instead...how lucky i am to not have anything pressing on my schedule - i have intentionally put off scheduling things i could be doing, but i'm lucky i can do that!...

hope everyone has a great night!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Goodness Tony, how lucky you are to get so much baby time with that little cutie pie.....that is so awesome!!

Yes, I am very blessed!! The nucleus of our family....Hubby, Me, Son, & Daughter are extraordinarily close.....and fortunately my daughters Fiancé fit's with us like hand in glove. They live an hour away, but they have the same days off at work and they make it a point to come over to our place every week on at least one of those days off just to be with us.....they usually come over the night before and spend the night....it's like a big slumber party and we love every minute of it!! For lunch today we tried a Thai restaurant right on the coast, we ate on the patio and they have million dollar views of the ocean and Catalina Island.....the view was incredible....the food not so much. We had fun though, that was the main thing.

How's everyone else doing???