Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi guys!! Happy Monday!

What a CRAZY BUSY day this has been!

Marilee, I'm so happy for you that your folks were a good fit, that's terrific!

Kris, the scale can indeed be VERY frustrating.....I have to remind myself to just keep doing what I KNOW I must do and it will all work itself out. One thing I have learned for sure is that I know for a FACT what will happen if I stop....I will gain the weight back and then some.

Abi, those cabbage rolls sound yummy.....I might have to make some here pretty soon.

Viki, I know what you mean about the old workout videos....for years I had the original Buns of steel video, with some guy (not Richard Simmons) leading it and was so hokey and old school....but it was one heck of a good work out!!! I don't even have a VHS player anymore....but honestly if I could find that thing in DVD I'd buy it!

How are you feeling Tony??

Today, despite the insanity has been good....totally on plan foodwise. Haven't had time for my walk, but I'll get it done tomorrow. I have a broken tooth that causing me fits....going to have to break down and go to the dentist.....I HATE the dentist!

Well Kids, I'll check in later!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 02:55 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tammy, sorry about the broken tooth and your crazy day! Terrific you keeping to your plan. Have you started to look at dresses for the wedding yet?

Kris and Tammy here is the recipe again for Linda Sue's cabbage rolls. They aren't really rolls but the pie is made with shredded cabbage which makes it so easy.CABBAGE ROLL PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Tony, how are you feeling today? Did you work out a little yesterday and did it go ok?
I bet you had a blast hanging out with your extended family!

Vicki, would love the recipe for the lime jello cheesecake squares!

Our sale is about over and we are still busy packing and shipping. Hope to get back to normal by the end of the week!

Loving the warmer, above freezing temperatures the last few days. Hoping by today our drive won't be a skating rink any more, at least until the next round of snow and then rain. ugh

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Man is it crazy windy here. Brrrrrr.

I just finished up a snack I totally forgot about. Pepperoni chips with cheddar cheese, yummo.

Tammy, you are doing fantastic. BTW, I don't mind the spelling of Viki but my name is spelled Vicki.

Abi, here is the cheesecake recipe: dissolve 1 small box of raspberry SF jello (or any flavor) in 1 cup boiling water. Beat 2 8oz boxes of softened cream cheese and slowly add the jello liquid beating each time. Pour into 8x8 pan and refrigerate. I used a pie plate and cut into wedges like a pie.

We have had refreeze here too where it is slippery in spots.

Tony and others, where are you?

B: BPC, flax "bread" toasted with pnut butter
L: veggies and dip, salmon salad
S: Pepperoni chips with cheese
D: Pork chops and braised red cabbage (I know Abi, I mentioned that I didn't like cooked cabbage, but this is with onions, sweetner, butter, vinegar and BACON. How can it NOT be good LOL)

Exercise: Leslie Sansone 3 mile walking DVD

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey kids,sorry i was mia yesterday - i was so preoccupied with amadora, i lost track!...more about that in a minute...

tammy, sorry about your tooth...just the thought of a broken tooth is painful!...ask for lots of novocaine...

hey vicki, it's so nice to have you so present and chatty...i really missed you...i'm so proud of you too!...so, have you worked as a nurse?

hi marilee!...i think it's great that you found suitable housekeepers...i think i told you this before, but my mom used to have someone come in once every two weeks and my mother would clean the house before they came...my mom was a clean-freak...she was basically paying them to do nothing, but i think she liked the lady and they would visit while she cleaned...haha!

kris, the scale can change by a few pounds each day, up or down...you can't worry about it...simply do what you're supposed to and the trend will be downward...

abs, that is funny what your dad said about the green bananas...i'm gonna have to remember that in a few years! :-) your mom and dad both had great senses of humor...mine did too...it makes for silly kids!

i won't bore you guys with all the details, but it was a great weekend...sad to bring sarah to the airport yesterday morning, but all my kids were home right up until she left and emmy and sal stayed with us until 11 this morning...I GOT SPOILED!...i had amadora for 4 days and i'm so hooked...she LOVES me...just stares at me and smiles when i talk crazy-talk to her...she cuddles and falls asleep on my shoulder...dw is a little jealous at how the baby responds to me...haha!...emmy thinks it's so cute...

my siblings and their kids went nuts over her on sunday...all they kept saying was that she was "perfect" and i just kept agreeing with them!...she weighed 6 lbs. when they brought her home from the hospital and now she is over 9 lbs according to our scale...that's just mother's milk...i have never seen this baby when she is not being held...she is in someone's arms every minute...we wait for whoever has the baby to need to do something and then we all line up to be next...

and she is soooo good...never cries, never fussy...just adorable...I LOVE HER!...didn't go to the gym yesterday - my inner right leg is still numb and weak, so i took the baby for a walk in the stroller...probably 3/4 mile and some uphill and that was plenty for me...i want to start going again, but am not gonna risk a serious injury like the one i almost had in nashville...

lots of mediation work today...and lots of water...trying to flush...

hope everyone is doing great!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 01-14-2014 at 04:32 PM..
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Vicki, I'm so sorry....you are such a sweetie.....I didn't mean to keep misspelling your name. People do that to me all the time too!! I am definitely going to have to try that cheesecake recipe it sounds super easy and yummy! I tried a cheesecake experiment that totally flopped!! I mixed up some cream cheese, SF chocolate pudding and whipped up some egg whites with some splenda and made a nice meringue that I folded into the cream cheese....I should have stopped there because it made a super yummy cream cheese Mousse, but I thought that I'd bake it for more of a true cheesecake....it seemed to bake up well, but then it fell flat when it was cooling and came out kind of yucky! Oh well, lesson learned!

Abi, my hats off to you and all the others living in that crazy weather.....I don't think I could do it anymore!!! My husband is fond of saying that he loves it here because you can't shovel sunshine!

Well I did get my walk in this morning, and eating is still on track.....and it's NOT Monday....so a good day all in all.

Everyone must be busy.....so quiet today!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy, I am so glad you weren't offended. I can see where Tammy is often spelled many ways. I too, have had my share of flops when trying different LC dishes. Several years ago I tried an all LC Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bless my family, they put up with it, but, frankly, most of it didn't turn out or taste so hot. I remember making stuffing with pork rinds, ewwwwww. Not the same LOL.

Tony, welcome back LOL. I am envious that you are enjoying all of this time with Amadora. I sure wish your leg would get better. What does doc say? I haven't worked as a staff nurse since I started teaching in 03. The closest I get to nursing is when I take students to the hospital for clinical.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey vicki, how many years did you work as a nurse?...sarah loves it!...i haven't gone to the doc...i am having discomfort as opposed to pain now and it is improving...i have read a lot about this and unless it really gets bad, i will treat it conservatively with sensible exercise and rest...didn't take any aleve today for the first time and it still was not painful...that could change at any minute, but i guess the longer it improves, the better off i am...the numbness hasn't improved which is weird, i guess...

i will decide on the gym tomorrow...

tammy, congrats on staying on track and getting your exercise in! :-)
Old 01-15-2014, 02:22 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, for sure our folks produced silly kids! Katherine our oldest grandaughter was like that with me. She is 18 now but when she was a baby she would cry when I had to go home. Used to love that attention. Glad the leg is not painful now and manageable.

Tammy and Vicki, I have more than my share of low carb recipe flops. lol Fortunately some of them have been pretty good. I hate to waste expensive ingrediants.

We got a ton more orders in again yesterday off the web so may end up working Saturday and/or Monday (holiday) to get them out.

I have some new progressive lens glasses and am trying to get used to them. I will bring my old ones to work in case my eyes get too tired.

I may be down a pound. Don't start clapping yet. lol

Have great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-15-2014 at 02:23 AM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops, i clapped before i got to the end of your sentence!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, I hate wasting expensive ingredients too. Apparently while I was on hiatus, I missed what line of work you do. Tell me about it. I have Monday off too for the holiday, then I hit the ground running. I am practically "married" to my students for the rest of the semester LOL.

Tony, I was a staff nurse from 91' to 03' (12 years); primarily OB. I did labor and delivery, post partum and new born care along with high risk pregnancy. When I worked in a smaller county hospital, if the OB unit was closed, I floated to the Med/Surg unit.

Currently I teach Fundamentals of Nursing and Nursing Practice 1 which is most of the nursing skills. I have been teaching this same content for 11 years now and need a change. I also have some personality clash issues with the lab coordinator that I need to work closely with and am tired of the struggles that go along with that. That being said, I asked the director for an assignment change the end of last semester. Another faculty and I are going to trade our work loads in the Fall. I will be doing clinical on the Pediatric unit and teaching Pediatrics in hopes that when the OB faculty retires, she can at any time, I can start teaching what I love, OB.

We are looking into a major curriculum change to begin Fall 2015, hence we have a lot of work to do. The state of Iowa is looking into BSN prepared nurses and so our curriculum will be designed so that our program(s) will be the first two years of the BSN completion since we are a community college.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, vicki - that's very cool!...sarah has been on a difficult med/surg floor for 2 1/2 years...they are chronically understaffed, but she likes it because she has had the opportunity to do EVERYTHING...she won't brag, but her friends tell me that she is one of the most highly skilled and respected nurses at the hospital...i'm very proud of her...

funny day today...emmy called me at 8 a.m. and her car wouldn't start, but what was worse was that her hubby was stuck behind her in their driveway, so he tried to drive through the snowy yard and get out another way to go to work and he got himself stuck GOOD...i drove the 45 minutes over there, pulled him out with my truck and then got her car started...and i got lots of cuddles from a certain baby as payment...although she slept the whole 2 hours i was there...haha...emmy wanted to wake her but i didn't have the heart to do that...i have seen her 6 days in a row!...every day since i got back from nashville...

making baked haddock tonight...also made a big pot of turkey chili...

leg is still bothering me...no gym yet...hot tub tonight?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, since you have seen Amadora 6 days in a row, can you tell if she has grown? What an honor to be respected by her peers, you are obviously very proud of Sarah.

B-mini quiches - 2, BPC
L-flax "bread" sandwich with chicken deli meat and swiss cheese, veggies and dip
S-handful of mixed nuts
D-salmon salad and braised cabbage

Exercise: T-tapp 2 15-minute DVD's

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2
Old 01-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!

Tony, you lucky Grandpa.....it's nice that you get to see Amadora so often! Of course she loves you....babies can sense love and she knows that she has a very special Grandpa!!

Abi, we're trying a new chicken dish tonight....chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, crumbled bacon, green chilis and jalapeno's....baked in the oven....it smells yummy, guess we'll see how it tastes!!

Vicki, That's quite an impressive nursing resume!! My sister went back to school a few years ago to get her RN after working for years as an LPN....she worked really hard with her studies and she did work in a hospital for a while, but then she found that she preferred being a nurse manager / case manager. My hat's off to you nurses....that is one thing I would NOT be good at!

Today was good....despite the fact that I had to go to the dentist. They decided I need oral surgery on this tooth, but the oral surgeon is booked until Feb. so they gave me some antibiotics and pain pills just in case it acts up in the meantime...but it's doing better. No exercise today, but my eating has been good and I'm down 3 more pounds!!!! I have to drive nearly 2 hours tomorrow to a big managers meeting out near Riverside....it will be an all day affair and I have NO CLUE what they'll be serving for lunch, fortunately though my Boss is also doing lowcarb right now so we'll probably have a pretty decent option.

How's everyone else doing??
Old 01-16-2014, 02:58 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tammy, DH had an uncle and aunt that lived in Riverside. I got to go out to visit them once. Their daughter Kim Amidon was a morning radio personality in LA years ago. Your chicken recipe had to be good with all those delicious ingredients! Give us your review of the meal. Fantastic about the 3 more pounds. You are going to be a lovely Mother of the bride!

Vicki, I work in production at a candle making company in Bernardston, Mass. The owner's Dad started the well known candle company in Deerfield, Mass many years ago and then sold it. His son started this company about 3 years ago.

Had one of those sleepless nights last night. DH had the wood burning stove going when I got home and it felt good but our little house was too warm for sleeping. ugh

Tony to the rescue! That heavy duty truck is coming in handy. What was wrong with Emmy's car? What kind of work is Sal doing? So nice to be able to cuddle that sweet little girl one more day in a row.

Cooked up some ground beef last night so am bringing it for lunch with some pizza sauce and cheddar cheese on top.

Marilee, will you be off on Monday?

Have a great day Blitzers! Hope we hear from Lori, artemis, Kris and Curious today!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

For some reason when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw the weight in bold below, I thought I hadn't lost a significant amount. Well, surprise, I am down 3.6 lbs Woot Woot.

Tammy, that chicken sounds awesome. Do you cook like I do; experimental and throw stuff together with whatever is on hand and/or loosely following a recipe? Congrats on the 3 lbs down too.

Abi, your ground beef concoction sounds good too. Do you get discounts on the candles? I have candles but rarely burn them. I guess, for some reason, I haven't gotten in to candles. Not that I don't like them or anything.

I made guacamole last night using 3 of the 5 avacados I bought. The other two will be in the soup tonight. 14 yr old son scarfed down about 1/3 of the guac last night with chips after he came home from youth group LOL.

Marilee, Tony, artemis, Kris, and ff how are you guys doing?

B-egg muffins, BPC
L-Flax "bread" sandwich with turkey deli meat and muenster cheese, dijon and mayo. Guac and veggies, rest of braised cabbage
D-Spicy chicken avacado soup and salad.

Exercise: Weight Loss Cardio Sculpt 55 minutes

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2 254.6
Old 01-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm doing great, vicki! :-) eating well - my sciatica has inhibited my exercise regimen and that is bothering me, but other than that, i'm on track...a huge congrats on the 3.6 lbs...way to go girl!!!!!

tammy, congrats on the 3 lb. loss - you are rocking this blitz!!!...good luck at the meeting today....

abs, that truck has been so useful this winter!...snowstorms don't worry me at all as i have the driveway cleared in 5 minutes...today will probably be the first day i won't see amadora...i can still tell how bif she is getting...so chubby and a little pot belly where she was a tiny fidget when she first came home from the hospital...she sleeps a lot - i think she's worn out from growing, but she is also smiling a lot and that's not supposed to happen for awhile...she's a quick learner and has a smiling face in her face every waking moment...ha!

lots of work today and tomorrow and then maybe some college visits with my son this weekend.

Last edited by tony8; 01-16-2014 at 06:33 AM..
Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm doing great, vicki! :-) eating well - my sciatica has inhibited my exercise regimen and that is bothering me, but other than that, i'm on track...

abs, that truck has been so useful this winter!...snowstorms don't worry me at all as i have the driveway cleared in 5 minutes...today will probably be the first day i won't see amadora...i can still tell how bif she is getting...so chubby and a little pot belly where she was a tiny fidget when she first came home from the hospital...she sleeps a lot - i think she's worn out from growing, but she is also smiling a lot and that's not supposed to happen for awhile...she's a quick learner and has a smiling face in her face every waking moment...ha!

lots of work today and tomorrow and then maybe some college visits with my son this weekend.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm doing great, vicki! :-) eating well - my sciatica has inhibited my exercise regimen and that is bothering me, but other than that, i'm on track...

Old 01-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki and tammy - congrats on the huge weight losses - you girls rock!

well, i just got back from the gym...did my full workout with a little less weight on the machines and no hills on the treadmill...got through it fine and it felt good to sweat...the weakness in my right leg was obvious on the leg lifts as the nerve is still numb...don't feel better or worse so i consider that a giant victory as i got a healty workout in! :-)

b: handful of blueberries

p.s. emmy texted me and said i would die if i was there because amadora has been giving her big smiles all morning!

Last edited by tony8; 01-16-2014 at 09:24 AM..
Old 01-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, i just called ff to check in on him and he said he should be at the library tomorrow and will say hi to everyone...he is about the same pain-wise, but is gonna try acupuncture to try to find some relief...still using a walker...he's in good spirits and had to call me back because i caught him in a barber's chair getting a shave...haha!...thought you'd all like to know... :-)
Old 01-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i have no idea why i have the same post multiple times above :-)
Old 01-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FF! Since we don't hear from you any more on a daily basis we are glad that you and Tony are keeping in touch so we get updates. We still want you to buy a cheap laptop and keep in touch daily! We really miss you! I am anxious to find out if the acupuncture helps your sciatica. DH still needs some relief and maybe I can talk him into trying it if it helps you. What are you doing every day during your retirement. It has been almost a year now hasn't it.

Tony, hope your leg pain is gone today. When will you get to see Amadora again? I'm sure you are already in withdrawal. lol

My second oldest grandaughter is in a basketball homecoming court tonight and then DD and she will drive 4 hours to go to a volleyball tournament that starts at 8am tomorrow morning. Hate the thought of them driving late into the night and being tired but DD felt if they just got up very early she would not sleep well for worrying about not getting to the tournament on time. Just hearing what that family is up to tires me out. lol

Glad it is Friday and we will have a 3 day weekend after all. Can't wait!

More ground beef with pizza sauce and cheddar cheese on top for lunch.

Have a great Friday Blitzers!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:00 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ehy abs, ff corrected me yesterday - he does not now nor has he ever had sciatica...they thought it was RA, but then i think they changed that diagnosis...i'm not really sure what it is...ff???

i hope you enjoy your 3-day weekend...ds is applying to colleges and keene state is on his list...

i texted emmy last night and told her i was going through withdrawal...no plans to see amadora, but i'm hoping we see her sometime over the weekend...someone asked me what emmy's hubby does for work...he is a full-time student finishing his senior year of college (emmy graduated last May) and works part-time in a veterinary clinic...

had a cheeseburger last night which was good...leg is sore when i sit or lie down and not so bad when i stand or walk...the exact opposite of my pre-surgery condition!...haha!

hope everyone has a great day
Old 01-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
TGIF! Lucky you, Abi. You get Monday off. We don't. Years ago we were asked if we wanted President's Day or MLK Day and we picked President's Day.

Things are ok. I've really been down on myself for gaining the weight that I had and not being good on my plan. So, starting again....this last bout I had with my knee this weekend, may have helped firm my commitment. I had to use the walker and cane and it wasn't pretty. I have to get this weight off so I can get my knee replacement.

I've read everyone's posts and am glad you are all doing well.

I'll check back later.

Marilee
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #115
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
FF is back!

there was a problem with the library computer, and unfortunately, the problem used up almost all the allowable time. I just have enough time to let y'all know I am still here. Have a glorious weekend (incl Amadora), and I will attempt to get back in a week, or less. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #116

back again! problem resolved (how?-i do not know)

sorry about the broken tooth. last year, i had one pulled. when the dentist told me he would have to yank it, I said: "I would rather give birth!" The dentist said " Make up your mind so I can adjust the chair!!!" In truth, it went better than I expected. I hope it is not too painful! Have a great weekend, all! I willk be attempting accupuncture (or in my case approximo-puncture)before month end. I hope it works...the pain killers sure don't. FF
Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #117

me again!

Abi, it is not about the cost of the computer. I spent several thousand getting the viruses fixed in a 3 year period. I will, no doubt, get one in a few years, if i can put an end to the viruses. FF
Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Wow, you guys have been busy as usual. I almost got caught up today, but not entirely. Some of my comments are from items earlier in the month. Missed you all as I sloshed through my crazy life! To answer some questions from earlier in the board…

We got the puppy before the vacation south, because the owner seemed reluctant to keep him after she said she would. No big deal though, it turned out great! The kids loved the pup and he is doing really well with his potty training and obedience training.

I go to Prague the first week in March and I have some other travel for a week the last week of march and a couple of days the second week of April. All for working reasons, although I do have such an awesome manager… she scheduled us an extra day in prague before our return. She said there was no way she was going over and not doing a little sightseeing. So, I am working on wrapping up projects at work and studying for my license. DH is away in Canada for indefinite time, because he is finishing a project and can’t come home until startup is complete.

UPDATE: I made my January Challenge goal and my weight is going in a beautiful downward trend! YAY!

Abi – recognition is wonderful. I know you deserved it. I hope to include you all in my travels. I did verify that the hotel has free wifi. Now I just have to research if I will need a power converter for my laptop cord. Also, just wanted to note that I will have to steal your coffee plunging idea when I feel as though the noise may wake someone . The cabbage roll pie looked really good too. Maybe that is something I can make that the kids will actually eat! I found a recipe for creamy cooked cabbage a couple of weeks ago. I basically just steamed my cabbage same as I always do (chicken broth, butter and bacon drippings) and then at the very end when the cabbage is at the softness I want add about 2 Tbsp of sour cream and cook for 30-60 more seconds. YUM! Did you get much snow and stuff the last couple of days?

Tony – I can understand Sarah’s excitement, I can’t wait to get to Europe. Prague is situated in such a place I may have time to travel to 3 other countries while I’m there! Sorry to read about your car issues in Nashville. Glad things took a turn for the better with the car and co-writers! I often wonder if there is something different I can eat to stem the tide of pain from. Hope your back and hip is better. Hmmm. That grandbaby is going to be spoiled for a while and well it should. I love the fact that everyone got to see her and fuss over her all weekend…how nice!

Tammy – I too cut the keto stix in 1/2 . Why not? Great job staying on program and with the walking. That portabella spaghetti concoction sounds wonderful. I may steal that idea too. Sorry about the broken tooth. I love that you experiment with all the low car ingredients. I truly love to bake and wish that I had time to experiment. I have a really crazy schedule and household though, so my experimenting days are few and far between at the moment!

Vicki – That pizza looks amazing. I am going to have to try that with my family! Those stuffed turkey burgers sounded pretty awesome too! Wow, such great recipes you are trying and sharing! I am going to try the cream cheese and jello…what a great idea. Those tickets sound nice that you got your DH. I would love to do something like that for my kiddos.

Marilee – I just chuckled at your avatar…love it! A life besides working and doing housework…OMG, what is that?

Artemis – I get it! I have been struggling for 3 months now. It has been so frustrating. I am finally on track (for about the last week) and things are working like they are supposed to work again: suppressed appetite, scale moving in the right direction and more energy. I just do not look forward to another stall, because that is where I start getting really frustrated. Hang in there and keep coming back until it sticks. That is the same thing I have been doing for the last few months.
Kris – Welcome!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

ff, so good to hear from you.

Abi, how neat about your granddaughter and the homecoming court, are you able to attend?

Tony, did you hit the gym again despite the ongoing leg issues? I know you commented that you did go back a few days ago, just wondering if you went again.

Lori, so glad you are back posting. So glad your weight is back heading in the right direction.

Marilee, I didn't know you had a back slide again, you know you can call me anytime.

Yesterday we had a squall. I suspect that is some kind of short lived blizzard or something but all school activities and church activities were cancelled due to the slick roads. There was a 40 car pile up in Des Moines last night and of course around here people were sliding or rolling and crashing. We stayed in.

You guys are talking about burgers and they sound good. I did make spicy chicken and avocado soup last night, yummy. We will be heating leftovers tonight.

Not much on the agenda for the weekend other than the usual church stuff on Sunday. Tomorrow I am invited to a "show" about essential oils that I think I am going to attend. I am interested in finding out more about them.

B-2 mini egg quiche, BPC
L-salad with deli meat and cheese, guac
S-handful of mixed nuts
D-Soup and veggies

Exercise: Skinny Sculpt

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2 254.6
Old 01-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Vicki, it's hard to back slide when you haven't forward slid

I haven't been able to get on plan longer than 2 or 3 days since the holidays.
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote