Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Tammy, thanks for the rice remedy...I am gonna try that when I get home...gonna try the hot tub too and ice...I've been reading about sciatica online.

I am so uncomfortable, it sure is gonna be hard to sit still on those two flights tomorrow...Sarah and her friend are picking me up at 4:50 a.m...which is gonna come really quick cuz my daytime writing session got moved to tonight - long story, but I am getting a bit tired of folks not showing up for sessions...I live 1300 miles away and never miss a commitment...oh well...

Emmy said she will be home tomorrow - I know she misses her sister - so I will get to see the baby...wonder if she is staying til the get together on Sunday?....I just hope I can move!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Tony, I hope Tammy's remedy and the hot tub help. I feel for you!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hey gang, it's been a long day. First official day back which required the mandatory day long meeting. Then off to my son's basketball game. I got there just before the half. I did get to see him sink a 3-pointer too

B-cottage cheese and hb egg
L-foccacia bread with cheese and deli turkey, mayo and mustard and veggies
S mixed nuts
D Mac and cheese patties (faux), veggies and the rasp jello cream cheese dessert

Exercis 2 week turnaround

Today's Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good evening!

I survived L.A. traffic and have had a great day on plan in the process.

Tony, I used to get Sciatica all the time, I haven't had a flare up in a few years THANK HEAVENS....that is brutal and YES flying while in the midst of it is terrible. I once had to fly from Phoenix to New Jersey for a job interview and it was all I could do to sit for the take off and landing....I had to stand quietly in the back just to try and take the edge off. This unfortunately was shortly after 9/11.....I was amazed at how many people were visibly uncomfortable that a little 5'3 redhead in a business suit was standing for a 5 hour flight! One guy even asked me if they should worried about me standing there! I had to show the flight attendant my pain pills and muscle relaxers before she'd believe me that I really could NOT sit down!! I went to the interview loaded up on a pain pill, an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer.....I could barely walk....and I totally got the job! At any rate, I do hope you feel better soon, That's a rough kind of pain!

How's everyone else doing??

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:32 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Vicki, sorry for the long day. Thank goodness tomorrow is Saturday! Wonderful you got to see your son sink a 3 pointer! You know he was thrilled you got to see him do that!

Tammy, it's good to know that the sciatica can go eventually. DH has been suffering for over a year now, had the epidural and back surgery but still has it pretty bad.
Glad you had a good day yesterday on plan and survived the LA traffic!

Tony, hope your trip home was not too bad and that Emmy and Amadora will be there when you get there. Sarah should be picking you up any minute now!

I made Linda Sue's cabbage roll casserole with sausage last night but did not like it as well. Will keep to making it with ground beef in the future.

Marilee, I had one of those semi sleepless nights last night. I slept pretty good until midnight but then that was it. ugh It will be a long day.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, it is actually around 22 degrees this morning, that is the positive; the negative, freezing drizzle.

I didn't weigh this morning, I am going to weekly weigh ins on Thursdays now.

Exercise: a Karen Voight 45 min DVD

B: HB egg, cottage cheese BPC
L: focaccia "bread", deli beef, cheese, mayo and mustard sandwich, veggies
S: mixed nuts
D: bacon wrapped cheeseburger meatloaf and some kind of veggie. Maybe mashed cauli.

I made the mac and cheese patties and they were a big flop. Too "wet" that they didn't stay formed in the oil when frying. Just a greasy plop of riced cauli, egg and cheese.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yoyodieter
Stats: 222/210/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2014
I'm new, but I'm in (If I'm allowed to join). I just restarted LC for the new year (of course LOL). I am 10 days in and have lost 12 pounds thanks to the early LC woosh. I know it will slow down substantially now. I'd like to try and keep focused.

A January-March Blitz seems like a reasonable first go at motivating myself!

One of my first big goals is to get below 200 again. That's a huge trigger for me. I was below 200 in September and couldn't imagine getting back up there ... then I ballooned up to 222. By March, I would like to come in at 199. I don't know if it's realistic for me. I know that once I'm past the initial weight loss that I will lose more slowly. That's what I'm shooting for though.

Kris
yoyodieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF!!!

Good morning!! It's FRIDAY!!!!

Welcome Kris, you'll find that we're a pretty laid back group around here and we've all done the start / stop thing.....so you're not alone!! We all follow our own way of LC and don't really have any rules, we're just all here to support each and be an encouragement. The group has been together for a couple of years now....some of us have wandered in and out, but we always find our way back because there's just to much love and friendship here to stay away!!

How's everyone doing this morning??

Tony, you made it home safe and sound we hope?? Hopefully your sweet little grandbaby was there to meet you!

Viki, I'm sorry your mac & cheese patties didn't turn out....it sure sounded like a good idea!!

Abi, I'm sorry your hubby has had such issues with Sciatica....it is really tough and words can not describe how painful it is! I would get it pretty regularly for a few years....then it stopped....I haven't had a flare up in at least 5 years....BUT I will say that I use those rice socks at the tiniest of twinges....I'm not taking any chances! Between that and getting the Fibromyalgia under control I do much better these days!!

Hi Marilee!

Ok kids, off to work....much to accomplish before I start my weekend!!! Have a great day!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kris! We hope you stay with us.

Tammy, I'm glad that you survived the LA traffic. It's a bear, isn't it? I laughed when you shared the story about being hired for a job while "loaded". Too funny!

Abi, don't you hate sleepless nights? I have them almost everynight and I wonder if it's an age thing.

Vicki, a day long meeting? I probable would have dozed off.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Kris, welcome. So glad you joined our small but supportive group.

Abi, the meeting was actually pretty interesting. There were actually 3 different meetings so it wasn't too boring.

Today is our campus day and lunch is provided. Today: pizza. I packed my own lunch and ate it, but I did grab one piece of pizza and scrape off the toppings. I made sure to toss the crust right away, I don't trust myself quite yet LOL.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
thanks for the support...happy to see everyone posting...

welcome, kris...we are happy to have you with us...this is a supportive, friendly bunch and i hope we can help you achieve your goals...

abs, sorry to hear your hubby's back is still bothering him...i feel his pain - literally! :-)

today was quite a day...they canceled our flight and offered us a flight that had a connection in orlando...we took it, but i was in so much pain at the airport that i seriously thought about going back to the apartment and skipping the travel altogether...sarah didn't think i could make it either...

long story, short - i made it - took some aleve and maybe that helped but i was in manageable pain during both flights...i was afraid to move a muscle and virtually was frozen in place but i made it...

on top of everything else, my right leg is not only numb, but weak and gave out last night - i almost fell down a flight of stairs and when it gave out in my apt., i jammed my other knee so tonight both legs are pretty sore...

BUT emmy, the baby, her hubby, and all my kids are staying here all weekend...i'm so happy about that...had a lot of laughs tonight with all of them...
Old 01-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, I sure hope they can figure out what is wrong with your back and leg.

Breakfast this morning. Scrambled eggs with veggies and cheddar cheese along with toasted and buttered "foccacia" bread.

We are going to be eating a late lunch around 3 this afternoon. I have a woman's bible study and then we are driving to see a production at 1 in another town. I bought hubby a family series of four. The productions are geared for kids but what the heck, we are kids at heart LOL. They are only an hour in length but one of them is Cirque de solil or however you spell it. All 4 tickets were $25. Now, can't beat that.

Afterwards, we are meeting some friends, the couple that stood up for us, at a Thai place. I hope I can find something there without rice or noodles etc.

This morning is absolutely beautiful. Yesterday we had fog and freezing mist, which isn't good, but, it clung to the branches and now the sun is shining and casting a nice glistening and glow. Of course, it will melt off. And, guess what? We are going to have about a week of temps in the 30's, whoot whoot.

I took a pic of what I had for breakfast and it is saved to Google+ but I have no idea how to put it on here as a thumbnail.

Well, off for now. Have a good day everyone.

Exercise: 30 minutes on treadmill at 2.0-2.5 mph and to think I used to do an hour at 3.5-4.0 mph a few years ago. I also did 15 minutes on the exercise bike.

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2

Last edited by vli1127; 01-11-2014 at 08:18 AM..
Old 01-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Having some computer problems today.

Will try to check back later.
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey vicki, sounds like you are really on a roll...i'm so proud of you and all you are doing!

sorry about the computer problems, abs...any weekend plans?

it's so nice having all the kids here this morning...i got a lot of one-on-one time with amadora and she was giving me some big smiles...i don't think they're supposed to be real ones this early, but these looked real and were in reaction to me talking silly to her, so it was satisfying...

took 2 aleve last night and slept well and the pain is not bad this morning...i'm just gonna take it easy, but keep moving and see what happens...no docs unless it gets unbearable...it is immeasurably better now than it was two days ago and even yesterday morning...

i hope everyone has a great day...i'll check back later...hope ff checks in soon!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday!

Good morning!

Tony, welcome home!! Glad you made it safe and sound! I'm sorry you're in so much pain.....when you have trouble with your leg, is it on the same side the sciatica is? I used to get it so frequently in my left sciatic nerve that I started to develop tendonitis in my left leg....it was brutal......talk about the double whammy! If that's what's going on you likely will need some pretty heavy duty anti-inflammatories to get on top of that......what does your doc say?

Viki, I do not miss the Midwest winters.....I'm such a baby about cold weather, I think I'll stay here where it's sunny & 70 degrees!

Abi, I hope your computer woes are fixed soon!!

Yesterday was great, I stayed on plan, am still in ketosis and over all had a very good week!! I am all geared up for the weekend....we have some good playoffs to watch and nothing pressing, just going to chill out and relax!

Everyone have a great day!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Kris! I think getting to 199 by March is very doable. Please post everday even if it is just to say "hey".

Tony, so sorry about the sciatica pain on your trip but glad the aleve is helping today. Talking silly to Amadora has got to be helping too!

Vicki, what a deal on those 4 productions for only 25 dollars. I have heard that cirque du soleil is fantastic. Is that the one you went to today? I don't know how you save a photo to google. I save mine just to my computer and then when I go to browse on the manage attachements I can find the picture under my pictures or under downloads. Hope you can figure out how to show us your meals!

Today is our anniversary so plan to drive to Keene to Longhorn steakhouse. Guess what I will be ordering. Have not had a steak in many months!

I think I may have a way to perk up my experiment using the sausage instead of ground beef in the cabbage roll recipe. I have some left over pizza sauce so tomorrow will slather a little of that on top. It should make it very tasty.

My computer totally shut off in the middle of surfing around today. It seemed pretty hot so I shut it down for an hour and knock on wood it is working ok now. I always shut it down at night so don't know why it would have gotten so hot this morning?

Have a good evening Blitzers!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Welcome Kris!

Just cooling down here from a workout. I had a sick week this week so needless to say things didn't go as planned. But I had low appetite so at least I feel like I did ok on calorie count. But didn't feel up to exercising. I finally had some energy today so I thought I would break the ice by doing a low impact workout. So I found a Biggest Loser walking workout...thinking that it would be just walking in place. Boy was I wrong!!! I should have known since it was developed by the trainers on that show. It was walking...and sprinting, kicking, jumping, punching, and weightlifting. It was broken down into 4 "miles" and I did them all so go me!

Sounds like you are all on a roll, so keep up the good work!
artemis19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Everyone is so quiet today! How's everyone doing?

I made the easiest, yummiest chicken tonight!!! We grilled some boneless/skinless chicken breasts, then I topped them with crisp bacon that I cooked and crumbled, added some sautéed mushrooms, covered it all in shredded cheese and put it under the broiler til the cheese was nice and bubbly.......seriously guys....it was DIVINE!

Well I thought I'd just check in....hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:15 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy that chicken dish sounds sooo good! Love that cheese/bacon combination!

Vicki, what production did you see yesterday?

artemis, sorry about the sick week but glad you could look at the bright side with having a lower appetite. That 4 mile "walk" sounded brutal!

Tony, hope the sciatica continues to work itself out! Is the hot tub helping too?

The steak last night was wonderful! We both had rib eyes and I had mine with a salad and steamed brocolli. Very good!

Church this morning with maybe some extra family members. The Mass is a memorial for my Dad who passed away 19 years ago this week. Then breakfast as usual at the Backside. I will be having my usual of 2 scrambled eggs and a side of bacon. Can't wait!

Marilee, my younger sister e-mailed me at 2:45am to say she might not join us. She had set her alarm but had not fallen asleep yet!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, that chicken sounds awesome - gonna have to make that soon!...and thanks for sharing your sciatica stories as it really helps to hear about someone else's experiences with this...

i haven't been willing to do anything that might exacerbate the back problem including the hot tub - at least not yet...ice seemed to help and if it starts flaring up, i'm gonna try alternating tammy's rice remedy with ice packs...it has been getting better each day and i'm grateful, but i know i could twist the wrong way and get set back to wednesday's agony!...ha!

artemis, you never do things halfway...it's full steam ahead - sounds like a great workout, but don't overdo it!...how are you liking memphis?...been to beale street yet?...try the rum boogie cafe sometime - very cool place with guitars hanging all over the place - some of them famous!

ff left a message on my phone last night - he hasn't gotten to the library and won't for at least another week, but he's doing fine - no changes and he'll check in soon...he sounded good!

abs, it's weird how we have so many things in common...yesterday was the 33rd anniversary of my dad dying...

today is the big gathering here...should be very nice...about 23 of us and my siblings are gonna go crazy over amadora...i won't get to hold her all day...she fell asleep on me last night and we cuddled for a long time...i have to go to work at the building for awhile this morning - some parking lot issue with a puddle - sheesh!

gonna pick up meats for the grill at the butcher shop...there will be way too many carby things brought by my family that i will have to avoid...it will be like running an obstacle course around the table...

my back has not been too bad...took 2 aleve as a precaution last night...will try to get by without them today...i'm thinking i will try a light workout at the gym tomorrow...a little risky, but i am anxious to get back into a routine...will be sad to bring sarah to the airport...she is enjoying herself and we are all enjoying having her home...

it was so nice yesterday as we went out to a late lunch at a restaurant we had never been to before...awesome place...i had the roasted chicken which was yummy...the nice thing was having our five kids, emmy's hubby and amadora all around us... :-)

abs, enjoy the bacon and eggs...

Last edited by tony8; 01-12-2014 at 06:56 AM..
Old 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I'm so sorry you are having issues with your leg. I hope things work themselves out, but please go to the doctor if it flares up again.

Tammy, dang that chicken sounds good! I don't care for chicken breast - usually blah for me, so that sounds like a great way to "kick it up a notch". I'll have to try that one.

Wow, Vicki! It's time to break out your swimming suit! Today it will be 73 - 78 by mid week. The mornings are chilly (to us) 42-47.

Not much to report. Went to my meat market yesterday and stocked the fridge - it is full! Rib-eyes, porterhouse, two whole chickens cut up, chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks), homemade sweet Italian sausage links, sirloin steaks, all beef hot dogs (I crave those once in a while), ground beef, etc.

Right now, I'm waiting to interview a potential housecleaner and her husband. She is the sister of my yard man. They have 9-5 jobs, and clean houses on the weekends, which is perfect for me since I want to be home when they clean. Wish me luck! I really need help around the house with my knee and back. I just get it all clean at once - plus, I'd like to have a life besides working and doing housework.

TTYL

Marilee
Old 01-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

We were having issues with our modem yesterday and we are back on today.

The production was The Firebird. The Des Moines symphony played four songs, remember Flight of the Bumblebee? A theater group put on the performance while the symphony played. The four different shows touches upon each form of theater I think.

Artemis, Biggest Loser workouts ARE killers. Good for you for trying.

Tammy, the chicken sounds yummy.

Tony, thanks for the update on ff. Take it easy at the gym tomorrow.

Marilee, what happened to the other housekeeper?

Well, the sun isn't staying out today so it isn't going to warm up as much as thought. It is in the mid to upper 30's though.

We went to the Thai restaurant with friends after the show and I had the red curry hotness #2. All veggies and chicken swimming in coconut milk and red curry sauce. I didn't eat any of the rice but I did indulge in a crab ragoon. And, there was actually crab in this one LOL. I did eat the fortune cookie too. I am thinking of the 80/20 rule that Marilee sent me in an email.

B: BPC and egg muffins (scrambled eggs baked in muffin tin).
L: Tossed salad, deli beef and chicken etc.
S: Grilled pork chops hopefully, cauli mash
D: Jello cheesecake

If you are wondering why I am putting my weight in the message versus posting in my profile or signature, it's because those two things update on old posts. When I went back a few years to read previous posts of mine, many times I would say what my weight did, like down x # of pounds see signature or see profile. Well, years later I can't see what that was because it is what is current.

Exercise: day off

Old 01-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, I fired the other housekeeper back in August (think it was August - it was hot ). It's a long story so I'll save that for one of our phone calls.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!!

Good morning all!

How's everyone doing? We slept in this morning....that was glorious!! Had a nice leisurely breakfast of eggs benedict minus the English muffin.....and I made some cinnamon flax muffins that came out quite nicely. Hubby didn't care for the flax muffins, he didn't like the texture. My daughter and her fiancé liked them though and I found them quite nice when they were served warm with butter.

Tony, sounds like a great day with the family and I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Marilee, good luck with the interview....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Viki, grilled pork chops sound yummy!!!

Artemis, way to go with the exercise!

I'm glad to hear that FF is doing well, it'll be nice to see him on the board again!

We have a nice casual day planned of football playoffs, the only thing we MIGHT leave the house for is to go check out a spot I think we've decided on for the wedding in April......it's at a BEAUTIFUL park / beach with amazing ocean views. Other than that I plan to hibernate today!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome! I'm still around. I had a bit of a disappointing day. I've been good about being on plan but woke up this morning and I was up 2 pounds from yesterday. It's hard to be patient! That's my biggest issue. I so desperately want to lose the weight. I want it all to be gone today. LOL.

Oh well. Slow and steady wins the race. Hopefully, these 2 pounds will fall off again soon. I made a nice roast for the family and enjoyed a healthy salad to go along with it.

Kris
Old 01-13-2014, 02:32 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, we all want it gone yesterday. lol I keep telling myself, slow and steady wins the race. Don't forget to take some measurements or buy some cheap tight fitting jeans and use those as other measurements of losing fat. We all know the scales are so fickle, they can't be trusted!

Vicki, your production with the orchestra plus theater performance sounded lovely. I am nervous about our computer so bought the cheapest very simple one I could find yesterday. I have backed up everything on the old one in case it just crashes but have the security now of having another in case it does.

Tammy, you deserved a relaxing weekend. I love flax muffins too!

Tony, we do have alot in common. Your Dad was way too young. My Dad was just shy of 80. He would joke that he didn't buy any more green bananas.lol Hope you had a pain free wonderful time with your siblings. I bet you couldn't get close to Amadora all day! lol

So glad FF has not forgotten about us. Sure do miss him!

I am bringing some of Linda Sues cabbage roll recipe with the sausage and putting some pizza sauce on top for lunch. Hope it perks it up some. Oh, well, it will smell good coming out of the microwave and make everyone jealous in the break room. ha ha

Have a great Monday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-13-2014 at 02:34 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The interview was a success! The couple that does housecleaning are very nice and I feel very comfortable with them in my home. First session in two weeks
Old 01-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all, I thought I would post from work in case I have modem issues at home later. We didn't end up grilling out the pork chops since it didn't end up being as nice as was expected so I baked them in the oven. I also made cauli mash which I haven't made in quite some time.

Kris, stay on track, the weight will come off.

The DVD I exercised to today is kind of hokey. The setting is the jungle with a zebra rug and goofy circus music. Regardless, I like Classic Firm videos. I just wish they would convert 3 of my faves to DVD. I still have the VCR tapes but they don't play well with the new HD flat screen television.

B: 2 scrambled egg "muffins", BPC
L: Tossed salad, tuna, mixed nuts
S: Protein and veggies

Exercise: The Firm Fat Burning

Old 01-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

vli1127 Sounds like an interesting exercise video!
Gibby, It's nice that you've found someone that you feel comfortable with to help with the house!
Abigale ... I love cabbage rolls!

So far today has been just fine, but I started off without time this morning to have breakfast. I grabbed an Atkins bar and two cheese sticks instead of my usual eggs. I missed my eggs!

Had an Atkins frozen meal for lunch ... and am busy trying to plan/prepare dinner for the evening.

Not much time for exercise so far today. I have gone back to school and my commute is 1.5 hours each way so I just got home ... kids to take care of and drive to orchestra and pick up from the high school .... maybe I'll be able to fit in a walk for myself later. I hope.

Kris
Old 01-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

kris, what are you majoring in? I teach nursing at a community college. I can't imagine driving 1.5 miles one way to work or school, holy cow. Have you ever made scrambled eggs or mini quiches in a muffin pan? I made a batch and ended up with 19 muffins. I can grab 2 for breakfast and either eat cold or reheat in mwave.

I am sitting here sipping Lady Grey tea and checking in with you guys. I got home from work and started a load of wash, made cream cheese squares and or "cheesecake" using lime flavored SF jello. I also made up some salmon salad, like tuna salad only with canned salmon. I know that canned salmon is high in calcium due to the bones, but darn it, I can't stand them. I hope I am not the only one that picks out the spine and rib bones and scrapes off the slimy, silvery skin.

Last edited by vli1127; 01-13-2014 at 03:27 PM..