Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Glad you liked it Abi. Between the three of us, there wasn't any leftover
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
I made the pizza too.....and it was good, but a little spongy for what we wanted....I'm sure Abi that you're right about the crust being firmer when it's cold. Can't beat the carb count on it though, it was filling, low cal and almost no carb!

I got in one heck of a walk today....walked up a verrrryyy steep hill....but I made it! I have A LOT of work to do between now & April 24 so I'm working hard to get it done!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi everyone!...i am going to have to try that pizza crust.

busy day...work and then youngest son brought girlfriend for dinner...very nice girl.

missing emmy and amadora - hope to see her tomorrow before i'm gone all week to nashville...
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:03 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tammy, since I like the pizza even better cold I now have something good to take for lunch this week. Thanks again Vicki for the recipe link!

Tammy, it sounds like your daughter's wedding in April is a great motivator for you! Love the idea of the spreadsheets etc. Way beyond my technology expertise. lol

Vicki, you have always been so good about your exercise routine. Wish I had some of that motivation in me. I still have never tried spagetti squash. Really need to pick one up and experiment.

Tony make sure you take a bunch of photos of Amadora to Nashville with you! We need to see one with grandpa holding her! It is great that Sarah will be flying back with you on the 10th and you will be having a great sibling get together!

Marilee, how are your knees feeling? Any relief there yet?

FF, wondering if you tried the acupuncture yet and did it help? Hoping you are getting ready to buy yourself a laptop! We MISS YOU!!

Lori, are you still losing? Running around after that puppy will give you great exercise. Our dog Bama was a winter puppy. How I hated having to go out in the cold and dark for her to do her business. So glad she is mature now and can sleep all night. lol

Will go to the back side for breakfast this morning. Will get my usual 2 scrambled eggs and bacon. I have already had a bullet proof coffee. One tbl of coconut oil, one tbl of unsalted butter, and some cream. Since I don't want to run my stick blender for the noise I just used it as a kind of plunger with no power. It mixed up everything fine.

Have a great day Blitzers. Hope to hear from Cher, Curious, Bec and Mama today!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-05-2014 at 04:04 AM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, that is so funny, you using a stick blender as a plunger!...only you would do that!...emmy texted me this morning and asked when i was leaving tomorrow, so i'm thinking they may have plans today...i don't want to intrude, so i may not see the baby before i leave...i miss her!...

next weekend will be busy but nice having everyone together...

trying to find more interning opportunities for mediation...i want to fulfill the requirements and get certified by spring...it's hard to find folks willing to take on interns and i completely understand that...the people i am working with have been great to me, but the opportunities are all spaced out - for instance, my next mediations are on jan 30 and then on feb 12...many of you know how ambitious and impatient i am to get things done! :-)

don't have much going on today - my back is still aching but i might try the gym anyway...i spent time in the hot tub the past two days and it provides relief while i am in there but not much later on...

hope everyone has a great day!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!!

Good morning all,

Well this morning marks my first full week back, and I am happy to report that I kept my eating on track and did a serious power walk of at least 30 minutes on 6 of the last 7 days.......the scales rewarded me with.....Drum roll please.....a 7 pound loss!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOO excited and motivated right now!

Abi you're right, my daughters wedding in April has me SUPER motivated....you know those wedding pictures are a bid deal....they're pretty eternal and I will NOT be immortalized in print on my daughters wedding day looking like this.....I just won't! I know that my weight loss the first week is not typical, and so I'm not setting up myself up for failure with un-realistic expectations.....but I am hoping that by tracking and analyzing all of my food / calorie / activity data that I can at least keep consistently losing. My online food journal has a great program that calculates most of the reports for me. My favorite is a bar graph that compares how many calories I've consumed to how many calories I've burned.....boy that report is both eye opening and highly motivating! Every time I feel like I don't want to take that walk I look at that report....get's me moving again!!!

Tony, we definitely want a pic with you and Amadora!!

Marilee, how are you doing??

Viki, what yummy thing are you cooking up today??

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 01-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

YESSSSS Tammy, what a weight loss. I am not sure what we are having for supper tonight but last night I whipped together a yummy casserole. It must've been good if my son ate seconds LOL. I took about 3 cups of chopped pork roast added a can of drained french style green beans and a drained can of sauerkraut about 3/4 c of sour cream and I suppose 1 TBSP caraway seeds. Tasted kind of like a Reuben.

I decided to pee on a Ketostick this am; negative. I have been LCHF for three days so far. How long does it take?

Breakfast was a and egg, bacon and cheese breakfast sandwich on a flax OMM and BPC
Lunch a chef salad with blue cheese dressing
Supper don't know yet
Snack fat bombs

Exercise: took the day off

Wt Today's wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 01-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, that's amazing!...good for you girl!

vicki, you are doing great too - i'm proud of you!

my kids all popped in today so i am getting to cuddle my granddaughter...she is so so cute and doesn't complain at all...made steak tips on the grill and they were tender, juicy and delicious!...so it was my three sons, emmy, amadora, my son-in-law, one of emmy's friends, dw and me :-)

off to nashville in the morning...hoep y'all have a great night!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey, all!

I'm so happy to see everyone up beat and committed. As mentioned, I went to my butcher shop yesterday and bought lots of goodies. I had a huge porterhouse steak and it was to die for! What a difference corn feed beef is, and they only carry prime and choice so it melted in my mouth.

The scale finally moved - I'm down 2.5 pounds. Official weigh-in is Tuesday so we'll see what it says.

Good job, Tammy! 7 pounds is a great loss. BTW, I answered your PM.

Right now I'm busy doing some housework that I didn't get done yesterday or today.

I was watching PBS and caught the very end of a Deepok Choprah special (I'm sure I misspelled that). It was called "What are you hungry for?" and from what little I saw it helps rework your habits and your mind to break addictions and renew the way our mind handles impulses. I'm not explaining it right, but it resonated with me so I bought the offer. The things he mentioned are things I've been wanting to change but had no idea how.

Better get back to it. The sun is going down and once it does, so do I

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post

I decided to pee on a Ketostick this am; negative. I have been LCHF for three days so far. How long does it take?
Viki, everyone's different....FOR ME personally I have done this enough to know that I am SEVERELY carb sensitive.....I can not eat veggies of any sort and get into or stay in ketosis....it drove me crazy for years that my husband could get into ketosis so darn easily and stay there but it was agony for me.....it's part of the reason I gave up so easily. By process of elimination I learned that the only way for me to get into ketosis and stay there is by upping the fats, cutting the veggies, and moderating the protein.....almost a nutritional ketosis approach. Once I've started eating that way I slipped right into ketosis and I've had no trouble whatsoever staying there. I'm also taking some really good multi-vitamins and supplements to ensure that I'm getting all of the nutrients I need that I might otherwise get from the veggies.

That's just me......but if you struggle to get into ketosis you might give that a try??? Either way the changes to your WOE and your fitness levels are outstanding, and WILL generate results!

Marilee, that steak sounds DIVINE!

Tony, safe travels on your trip.....I'm sure you'll be anxious to get back to that cutie grandbaby!!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Hey all! Just marking my spot. Determined to get back to my former goal weight this year by doing what I did then...counting carbs and calories, working out every day, and drinking lots of water. My stomach always hates ultra low carb but I want to keep it low for the rest of the month as a restart. I plan to workout before work because I am just too tired when I get home. I haven't weighed in over a month. I don't want to concentrate on how far I've set myself back but rather fixing the problem before it gets any worse.

Wishing everyone lots of success this year and WELCOME to all the new faces!
artemis19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:49 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I call the bullet proof coffee plunging yankee ingenuity! lol Glad you got to cuddle Amadora before you head to Nashville. Have a safe trip!

artemis, sounds like a good plan to me. Exercising in the morning when you have the energy and not weighing until you feel like you have lost some weight will keep you motivated to keep up the good work!

Vicki, I think like Tammy, every time I have ever tested if I was in ketosis was after several days of about zero carbs.

Marilee, we are interested in what you learn from the Deepak Chopra program. It sounds very interesting. Your grass fed steak sounded sooo good!

I made Linda Sue's cabbage roll pie yesterday. I liked it alot. It didn't hold together like a pie when it came out of the oven but after being in the frig all night I'm sure it will cut like one. CABBAGE ROLL PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

It is raining this morning and temps are below freezing. Hope the roads are well sanded and salted!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Good freezing morning all. -17 actual temp and -35 to -45 wind chill. Arctic cyclone = polar vortex. I hope I don't live to see another one. But, 30's by Friday and for the weekend, it's gonna be a heat wave LOL.

I was up a quarter of a pound this a.m. no sweat though. I didn't pee on a stick either. I can see where not seeing ketosis could frustrate me to the point of giving up. Kind of like weighing daily and seeing the scale go up. So, I am not sure if I am willing to go without veggies to see if that is what is keeping me from ketosis. Thanks for the heads up though Tammy. I don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight, I know that from previous experience.

Tony, it sure sounds like you are having fun with your new granddaughter.

Abi, I haven't gotten to liking cooked cabbage a whole lot yet.

Marilee, yummo on the steak.

OK, here is what I tried last night for supper. I thawed out 6 ground turkey patties. I sliced some onion, dill pickle and mushrooms really thin and topped 3 patties with these. On top of this I placed a cheese slice. Then, I placed the other patties on top of these and sealed the edges. Baked in 350 covered for 15 minutes, uncovered and increase temp to 375 and baked about another 20-30 minutes until done. Yum, stuffed burgers. Kind of like meat loaf actually.

Breakfast was BPC and leftover spaghetti squash casserole.

Lunch: not sure yet

Supper: Turkey soup from leftover turkey and bone broth made from the carcass.

Exercise: Strong Body, Ageless Body with Erin O'Brien

Wt. Wt Today's wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4

Last edited by vli1127; 01-06-2014 at 07:28 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys

Hi everyone!

Quick check in....I'm wiped out!!!! I had to be in court for eviction hearings all morning....NOT my favorite thing, especially on a Monday!! Then by the time I finally made it back to the office I was buried in all of the Monday Morning Chaos.....I'm so weary right now I can barely think straight! The good news is that I've been too busy to hardly eat today.....so I pretty much inadvertently ended up with an intermittent fast day.....(Note to Self: Don't do intermittent fasting, it sucks!)

How's everyone else doing?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey kids!.....good to see everyone posting...made it to Nashville with only an hour delay...pretty good considering the airport looked like a tent city with folks stranded there....

Was a little frustrating once I got here though...my car had a flat tire, a frozen shut trunk lid, a flat spare and it wouldn't start...Sarah isn't feeling well but drove me to rent a car....now tomorrow's writing appt. canceled on me - sheesh...guess I will have time to deal with the car....not what I'm here for though!

Today:
B: 1/2 banana
L: granola bar
D: 8 oz. sliced turkey breast, lettuce, tomato and a pickle slice
Old 01-07-2014, 02:12 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Bummer Tony! I can top your story, DH slid off the road the other day into a tree. Truck is driveable but needs alot of repairs to front bumper and head light. Insurance man comes today. Hoping he doesn't fall in our ice rink driveway after the rain and 15degree temps outside and sue us. lol Really Tony, so sorry the car was out of commission for you and that Sarah is not feeling well. Also sorry about the writing app. being cancelled. You will have to write that top ten tune by yourself and take all the credit!

Vicki, strange as it may seem I couldn't smell or taste the cabbage, it just gives a nice texture to the pie. I used angel hair cole slaw mix and threw 3 big handfuls in as I cooked the ground beef, onion and celery. Your stuffed burgers sounded so good! I love different ideas for meals.

Tammy, what a rough day! It's been too long since I was too busy to eat unfortunately. Hoping Tuesday will be a calmer day for you!

I'm taking the rest of my cream cheese crust pizza today for lunch. Our free lunch today will be deli meat - make your own sandwich. I may make a salad with what they have to offer.

Have a great day blitzers!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy, you are too funny. No IF for you LOL

Tony, I am so glad I am not traveling now by any form of transportation. This is ridiculous, thankfully the weekend forecast, at least for us, is much better (30's).

Abi, for some reason when I cook coleslaw mix, I don't taste the cabbage either. Hmmm.

Marilee, artimis and others: where are you????

We have beginning-of-the-semester meetings on Thursday and Friday where lunch is provided. I will be taking mine. The one on Friday is on our campus though so I can store mine in my office. The one on Thursday will be off campus, I will be thinking about what to take.

Last night I had such a sweet tooth that I scrounged my cupboards for something. I found an expired box of SF chocolate pudding (I know, gross huh?) but sprinkled some on some full fat cottage cheese for dessert. It was yummy. Oh, and topped with whipped cream from the can. I have been eliminating "fake" stuff from my woe and won't usually succumb to that crap. But, desperate measures . . . . In fact, I have 2 boxes of cream cheese softening in which I am going to make up some raspberry SF jello and mix in the cream cheese for a sweet treat.

Lunch yesterday was jumbo hotdogs fried in bacon grease and veggies. I found the hotdogs kind of icky and only ate 1. I know there probably was some form of sugar in them, but they needed to be eaten.

B-2 HB eggs with mayo and mustard
L-soup or salad with protein
S-Soup or salad with protein

Exercise: Crunch: Fat Burning Pilates

Today's Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6
Old 01-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Everyone has so much news!

Tony, I hope you get some mediation cases. Next time you see Amadora, take some more pictures. I bet she's already changed.

Abi, the beef is corn fed, which is why it's so good I'm so proud of you and what you have accomplished at work. They do value you.

Hi Tammy!

Well, since Wednesday, January 1st, I'm down 5.4 pounds. Right now I'm doing a crazy "plan". It really isn't a plan, it's eating leftover MF, NS and regular meat and veggies. I'm so frugal that I won't throw out the MF and NS foods. But, whatever I'm doing, it's working

Need to get to work. TTFN
Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, wow, that does top my story - unfortunately...that's all your hubby needed!...hope it didn't jolt his back...yeah, I'm thinking the same thing about co-writing these days, but I have one tomorrow and one on Thursday - I HOPE - so we will see what comes of those...

Marilee, congrats on the big loss, girl!...at least the Mf and ns stuff is on your plan...keep it up...this is our year!

Vicki, that's quite a menu!...I hope you ate the bacon before you used the grease...haha!...that jello and cream cheese treat sounds yummy...

Hoping it warms up a bit so I can work on the car...got up and did my exercises today and my back feels okay...a few twinges, but nothing too bad...had 6 oz of Greek yogurt with blueberries and two big glasses of water...I swear it's all the water I drink that keeps me alive...haha...

Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, that's AWESOME!! That's nearly a pound a day!!

Tony, I'm sorry you're having such car issues, I hope you get it resolved today.....I can't even imagine traveling in the weather you guys are having....you're a brave man!

Abi, I'm glad you're hubby is ok....how scary!

Viki, I never thought of mixing SF jello and cream cheese....that sounds wonderful! I made the yummiest dinner last night and I thought of you! My family LOVES spaghetti and my spaghetti sauce.....seriously they ask for it at least once a week.....so last night I made spaghetti....but I didn't even want to risk the Dreamfields pasta throwing me out of ketosis....SO....I made the sauce like usual and I always load it with Italian sausage, then I sautéed a portabella Mushroom top in a little butter and Garlic, I filled the mushroom with a spoonful or two of the sauce & sausage, then topped it with Mozzarella and put it under the broiler until the cheese was golden and bubbly then topped it with some chopped basil & cilantro......it was SOOOOOO good!!!!!! It was very filling and I totally did not miss the pasta!! Hubby & son had the dreamfields pasta, but they admitted that they were a little jealous of my dish!

Today is off to a MUCH better start! I finally got a really good nights sleep, got in my 30 minute power walk this morning....I feel great!!

I have BPC for breakfast, we're going to grill burgers (sans bun) for lunch and I'm not sure what for dinner....the kids are coming over and they know I'm being very diligent right now so whatever we do it will be on plan for me!

How's everyone else doing??
Old 01-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Too funny Tammy, they were jealous of your 'shrooms. I am glad I make an impression on you when cooking LOL.

The jello thing was easy. Dissolve a small pkg of any flavor SF jello in 1 cup boiling water. Whip 8 oz of soft cream cheese and slowly add jello liquid. I added 2 TBSP Truvia too. Pour into 8x8 (I used a pie plate) and refrig. That is it.

I also made a pan of flax "foccacia" bread. It's made in a 10x15 pan and I cut it into 16 pieces.

Marilee, good thing to clean out the MF and NS stuff and continue eating real food. Congrats on the loss too.

Tony, hang in there. I hate car troubles too. Love Greek yogurt.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Tammy, very impressive skipping the pasta...your dish sounded delish. ;-)

Vicki, you're quite the little chef this week!

Well, the car left on the end of a tow truck today...haha!...hope it is fixed tomorrow so I can return the rental...

Lunch was a salad with evoo and balsamic vinegar....got some rotisserie chicken for dinner
Old 01-08-2014, 02:45 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Marilee. Candle sales going on right now and we are all still busy packing and shipping! Good going on not wasting the food you have on hand and still losing weight!

Vicki, your sugar free jello and cream cheese sounds so good and I love the focaccia bread recipes too. Added some caraway seeds to one batch I made one time. Reminded me of rye bread.

Tony, sure hope you get that car going today. Insurance man will call today and give DH their decision on the truck. My brother in Georgia said it was 9 degrees there yesteday. What was the temp in Nashville?

Tammy, glad you got a good night's sleep and had plenty of energy. That mushroom recipe sounded sooo delicious!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning, back at work unofficially. We actually don't have to be back officially until tomorrow but the modem at home is acting up and I need my internet fix LOL.

Abi, adding caraway seeds to the foccacia sounds good.

Okay, it's been all over the news here. There is a HS science teacher, John Cisna, from here in Iowa who lost around 30 lbs and lowered his cholesterol in 90 days eating at McDonald's. Apparently the videos etc. have gone viral. Great for LC huh??

I tested with ketostix today for the heck of it, trace.

B-2 HB eggs, no mayo, kind of sick of it LOL
L-Turkey soup, this is the last of it, macadamia nuts (FYI, macadamia nuts aren't all they are cracked up to be). Kind of sick of them too.
D-not sure, protein and veggies obviously

Exercise: Sansone 3 mile advanced walk

Today's Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4
Old 01-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....

Abi, how is your DH doing? I hope the accident didn't mess him up too badly.

Vicki, I saw on the news about the HS teacher. Apparently he ate egg white breakfast sandwiches, salads, and burgers. I guess if people really want to watch their weight, there are options out there.

Hi Tony, Tammy, Lori and Arte!!!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Marilee!...how's the weather in AZ?...

Abs, it was about 5 degrees when I got here on Monday...hit the 20s yesterday and 30s today...got the car towed yesterday and fixed today...cost $140 and all they did was remount the tire...couldn't find a hole in it...they charged almost 100 to diagnose, but the car started right up and I opted not to have them do another $500 in work like new valve cover gaskets and a tune up...it was all a cold weather/car sitting around problem...coulda been worse...

My co-writer showed up today and we wrote a good song...sent it to my publisher and he digs it...all is right in the world...haha

Emmy sent me pics today and amadora is so cute...

Another co-write tomorrow, then flying home at the crack of dawn on Friday - thanks to Sarah booking the flight!

I don't know if it is how I slept last night, but my lower back and operated hip was killing me all day...can't get relief...I know it's not the joint, but maybe a pinched nerve...hope tomorrow is better...
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy Tony, those nerves can raise havok! I have something like that going on in my neck the last few days. Slept wrong? Nothing helped except aspirin. Hope your hip and back feel better today. So glad you had a successful writing day yesterday and have one today too! Safe trip home in the morning!

Marilee, thanks for asking about DH. He did not get hurt in the accident. He just slowly slid sideways as he turned into our street, through the light snowbank and into the tree. His air bag did not even pop out. He is looking at used trucks today and hopes to be able to get something for the wrecked truck for a trade in. Insurance will not be giving him much. The truck was too old and too much mileage on it.

Vicki, I have been watching the interviews with the guy who lost all the weight on fast food. Interesting. On macadamia nuts, I have tried them on a fat fast day before but they make me feel nauseated. lol And I am the nut lover.

Running a little late so wish everyone a great Thursday!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning all!

It's 69 degrees here today, but we will be in the mid 70's next week.

Well, 1.4 pounds to go and I will be at my starting weight indicated in my stats. I still have the chart that I started back them - I refuse to re-start - so I'm in the hole 12 pounds, so I need to be faithful.

Tony, glad your publisher digs your new song. I know that your heart goes into everything you write.

Sure wish ff would pop in.

TTYL
Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Marilee, great job on the continued loss....we can do this!!!

Abi, I'm so glad your hubby is ok....what a frustrating thing to have to deal with! I hope the insurance company is treating you well!

Tony, I completely relate to back pain....it's awful! I have an old tried and true remedy for me when I start having back trouble. I keep a tube sock around filled with uncooked rice and tied off at the top and I microwave it for a couple of minutes until it's nice and warm. (I'll get it as hot as I can stand it) then I'll sit of lie down with that on my sore spots. It's nice because if I have a neck problem it's long enough to drape around my neck, or I can sit with it in the small my back or wherever else it needs to be. The moist heat just penetrates all of my muscles and often is just the thing to get everything to relax and un-pinch that nerve.....if you've never tried that maybe it would help??

Off to start another day, I got my walk in this morning and have a busy day planned. I have to go to a budget meeting later today, I have to drive in L.A. traffic.....NOT my favorite thing!!!!

Have a great kids and I'll check in later!!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tammy, thanks for the rice remedy...I am gonna try that when I get home...gonna try the hot tub too and ice...I've been reading about sciatica online.

I am so uncomfortable, it sure is gonna be hard to sit still on those two flights tomorrow...Sarah and her friend are picking me up at 4:50 a.m...which is gonna come really quick cuz my daytime writing session got moved to tonight - long story, but I am getting a bit tired of folks not showing up for sessions...I live 1300 miles away and never miss a commitment...oh well...

Emmy said she will be home tomorrow - I know she misses her sister - so I will get to see the baby...wonder if she is staying til the get together on Sunday?....I just hope I can move!