Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi everyone!

I hope all is well on this lovely Thursday afternoon! The weather is so beautiful here today that if I told you all about it you'd probably smack me!!

Tony, I hope you hear back from your spinning girls quickly!! So glad to hear FF is doing well, I do hope we hear from him this weekend! Have fun with your in-laws, I'm sure they will love seeing Amadora!!

Abi, I have no doubt that with a few days of just meat you will lose that weight in no time!!! You know it's funny, I have always been a carnivore....I LOVE meat, especially a good steak.....but the longer I've been focusing on high fat the more I find that I don't want as much meat these days, it's almost too heavy. Any more it's become an accent to my meal instead of the primary course.

Vicki, keep exercising, the eating will come into line if you stay focused!

How's everyone else doing?

Marilee, how's work? We miss you!!!

Lori, if you get a chance to read through these, please know you're in our thoughts and prayers!!!

I hope everyone's having a great day!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
so, tammy, if you're not eating carbs or much meat, what are you eating?...you are having such great success, i think i wanna copy you! :-)

well, i met with the cycling girls today and they thought my offer was "very reasonable" so we are getting very close to a deal...we have pretty much agreed on terms, now they will review the lease i gave them today...i am meeting them on monday when they will bring over their sound system and we will blast it to see how the noise affects the other spaces in the building...their classes are very cool and incorporate loud music and colored lights, etc. while people are biking...i'm really excited to have them in the building...i'm gaining a very cool roster of tenants...next, i will re-seal and re-line the parking lot and then devote more attention to the lower level of the building where currently i am installing all new lighting and electrical service...

made lobster rolls and stuffed clams for dinner - man, they were good!...had a great workout at the gym this morning too!

have a great night, kids!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:59 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, I love lobster rolls. I think I told you once that I prefer cold lobster just mixed with mayo over hot steamed dipped in butter. But love both. Clams I can pass on. Hope the loud music will work in your building. I think the combination of the music and lights gets people pumped to really get those cycles moving!

I have had two good days in a row and the scale is starting to move in the right direction. Starting the just meat thread is going to keep me from backsliding I hope. Now to just get rid of the carb cravings will be fantastic. I think afew more days will get me back in the groove.

Tuna salad for lunch with some pork skins for crunch. Still keeping with the black coffee. On Sunday I will have my two eggs and bacon as usual and will have cream in my coffee. That will be my only treat for the week ( I hope).

Have a great Friday Blitzers!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday everyone, the weekend is upon us!!!

Abi, way to go! You are doing great with the meat only eating, and I have no doubt that you'll be just fine sticking to it....you're very focused and dedicated!

Tony, my WOE isn't as bleak as it sounds, I do eat meat, I have just found I eat much less of it, and between that and eliminating the dairy (except for butter) It really is working, I'm down 5 pounds in the past week and a half. Here's a sample of my daily menus to give you an idea:

B: BPC with butter, coconut oil, coconut cream & a splash of SF syrup
S: Flax muffin with butter and Dairy Free Cream cheese
L: 1 egg, 3 pieces of bacon OR salad of chopped lettuce and 2 oz, chicken breast drizzled with a spoonful of sesame vinaigrette
S: 10 - 12 walnut or pecan halves or another flax muffin with butter and DF cream cheese and another BPC
D: Large Portabella Mushroom cap stuffed with large spoonful of homemade spaghetti sauce with sausage topped with DF mozzarella and broiled OR 2 oz ground beef with 1 -2 Cups of shredded cabbage sautéed in sesame oil and served with Chinese hot mustard

I usually average 1000 - 1200 calories per day and my ratios are 70 - 80% fat, 15 - 20% protein and 5% or less carbs. Obviously your calories would be much higher, but the ratios I've found are the really critical factor....at least for me! I really don't miss the dairy either since I've found such great substitutes.......it's been much easier to give up then I expected.

Well kids, I hope everyone is having a great Friday.....any big plans for the weekend???
Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, tammy, no wonder you are losing weight...1000-1200 calories is not very many, but you are really being creative with them!...good for you, girl!...you are doing great and that menu sounds nutritious and tasty!

abs, congrats on getting back on the loss-wagon!...for myself, i would like what you are doing now better than the no-rewards, but that's just me...sounds like it's working too!...

so i was out today and my car died - leaking coolant and the power steering stopped working...it went to the garage on the back of a tow truck!...my son picked me up and drove me the 45-moinutes home which was nice...it was good that i broke down near his apartment :-) the car is reliable, but it has over 190,000 miles on it, so occasionally things do break...haha...i've got my truck, so aside from the gas-guzzling, i'm all set til i get the car back next week...

i called that idiotic collection agency today cuz i had not heard from anyone in two weeks, and they and the cable company want me to file an identity theft claim, which i refuse to do...i do not think my identity was stolen and i'm not gonna file an affidavit that says it was...the cable company screwed up and they want to take the easy way out...remember, i have an account with them at my home where i've lived for 28 years and spend over $200/month in their services and have never paid a bill even one day late and they are chasing me for a $500 bill for some address in shreveport, louisiana because they linked my name to it somehow 3 days after i gave them my info in nashville...they are a bunch of morons over there!

okay, enough stressing over that!...i called my lawyer today, who of course is away til tuesday! :-)

i gotta get some mediation work done...hope everyone has a great rest-of-the-day!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, thanks for sharing your menus for us. What a tasty low carb and low calorie selection. That large portobello mushroom cap filled with spagetti sauce and sausage sounds super! Did you feel the 5.1 earthquake last night near LA? My cousin lives in Placentia sure did! Hope everyone is fine out there!

Tony, sorry that collection agency can't get their act together still! What a hassle! Also bummer about the car. Glad you have the truck to get around in until the car is fixed.

Scale is moving at snails pace down. I am down .2 pounds today. lol At least it is going in the right direction. I enjoyed the tuna salad yesterday but back to ground beef today and trying to drink more water. Much easier on a Saturday for sure.

I will check back later to see what the rest of the gang is up to!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, i guess they were up to a lot! :-)

busy day...mediation work and then the in-laws and my kids and wife's sister's family all gathered for a visit with amadora...they are all staying here tonight except for dw sister, so that's nice...ran out tonight for about 90-minutes as my youngest son and his girlfriend played in a concert at her church...it was very cute and they were very good...she sang and he accompanied her on guitar...

okay, off to bed...i think it will be a long, but happy day tomorrow! :-) abs, enjoy your breakfast treats in the morning.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Ha ha, I guess they were Tony! What a great day you had!

I am feeling very greatful today. Our daughter and a car full of kids were driving to a soccer tournament yesterday when a truck approached them in the wrong lane! If Jen had not seen him do this and pull quickly into another lane he would have hit them head on! She honked and honked at him and saw him do a u turn and get into the lane he was supposed to be in. If she had not done that he might have hit some one down the road. This is why mothers pray all the time!

I am down 1/2 pound today. Had some chicken livers yesterday along with the ground beef. A nice taste change.

I will treat myself today Tony with my usual two scrambled eggs and a side of bacon and will have cream in my coffee. Then it's back to just meat until next sunday.

I will check back later to see what the gang is up to. Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:27 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, if you eat just meat all week, i predict you will lose the rest of that 5 lbs. you were looking to lose...

everyone still asleep :-) i'm waiting to hear some baby noises!

marilee!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
Old 03-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

here's my contribution for today:
a sleepy baby held by her uncle (my 29-yr-old son)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14 weeks w Chris 3-30-14.jpg (32.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all, Happy Sunday!!

Tony, what a great pic!! Sounds like you have a great lined up with the family, I'm sure Amadora will not lack for willing arms to hold her!

Abi, so scary for your daughter and the kids, YES....this is why we mothers pray all the time.....so glad they're ok!!

We did feel the earthquake! We've felt a few small ones before now, but this was by far the strongest and longest lasting. Our daughter lives just over an hour way east of LA and she felt it even stronger than we did!! For us it was just a gentle swaying of the building....for her it rattled the books on her shelves and terrified her poor dog! Everyone is fine though, no major damage or injuries. Did you hear that they had a big quake in Oklahoma this morning?? I grew up over on the Oklahoma / Missouri border and don't EVER remember any quakes or tremors.....crazy!

Well I hope everyone is doing well, its been a nice lazy weekend here....grocery shopping and laundry.....nothing too exciting.

Marilee? Vicki? You ladies doing ok?

FF, I hope we hear from you soon!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i missed that story about your daughter!!!...OMG!!!...i can't tell you how relieved i am that everyone was okay...it's amazing how fragile life is, when you think about it...

tammy, so happy you and your daughter were not adversely affected by the quake...have you ever been to lambert's in missouri - where they throw the rolls at you?...

we are dealing with a tough thing today - our 8 year old golden retriever has not been feeling well...he'll be lethargic for a couple of days and then be fine...the vet said to keep an eye on him...friday he was great, but today he seemed even weaker than ever, so we brought him to the emergency room and they say he has a tumor, probably on his spleen...his abdominal cavity is full of blood...

there's a 75-80% chance it is malignant - if it is and they do surgery, he will likely die within 2 months...if it's benign and they do surgery, he will be cured...they did a chest xray to see if it spread to his lungs and it had not...no other imaging available today...the surgery costs $5800....i have my grown children at the vet crying like babies...

i told them to do the surgery - i know it sounds crazy, but i couldn't let them put the dog down if he has a 20-25% chance of being cured...my kids were convinced we were going to have to put him down without trying surgery as it is so expensive...so, right now the dog is having a transfusion and then will have surgery...they will call us when he is in surgery - if they open him up and it has obviously spread, we will have them put him down while he is already asleep...the kids didn't want them to close him up and then wake him up so they could see him again, only to then watch him be put down...

so it will be a night of waiting...the fact that we are trying to save him calmed the kids and made them feel better - it at least gives them some time and they see what i am willing to do for the dog and them...i will let you know how it turns out...

hope everyone is having a better day than i am, but i know it could be worse...my kids had left for the day and now they are all back here including the bambino :-)

Last edited by tony8; 03-30-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 04:13 PM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
abi, i missed that story about your daughter!!!...OMG!!!...i can't tell you how relieved i am that everyone was okay...it's amazing how fragile life is, when you think about it...

tammy, so happy you and your daughter were not adversely affected by the quake...have you ever been to lambert's in missouri - where they throw the rolls at you?...

we are dealing with a tough thing today - our 8 year old golden retriever has not been feeling well...he'll be lethargic for a couple of days and then be fine...the vet said to keep an eye on him...friday he was great, but today he seemed even weaker than ever, so we brought him to the emergency room and they say he has a tumor, probably on his spleen...his abdominal cavity is full of blood...

there's a 75-80% chance it is malignant - if it is and they do surgery, he will likely die within 2 months...if it's benign and they do surgery, he will be cured...they did a chest xray to see if it spread to his lungs and it had not...no other imaging available today...the surgery costs $5800....i have my grown children at the vet crying like babies...

i told them to do the surgery - i know it sounds crazy, but i couldn't let them put the dog down if he has a 20-25% chance of being cured...my kids were convinced we were going to have to put him down without trying surgery as it is so expensive...so, right now the dog is having a transfusion and then will have surgery...they will call us when he is in surgery - if they open him up and it has obviously spread, we will have them put him down while he is already asleep...the kids didn't want them to close him up and then wake him up so they could see him again, only to then watch him be put down...

so it will be a night of waiting...the fact that we are trying to save him calmed the kids and made them feel better - it at least gives them some time and they see what i am willing to do for the dog and them...i will let you know how it turns out...

hope everyone is having a better day than i am, but i know it could be worse...my kids had left for the day and now they are all back here including the bambino :-)
Oh Tony, I am so sorry to hear that about your dog.....that is brutal! Pets become a significant part of our families. I will keep your dog and your family in my prayers!! please keep us posted!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:28 AM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I am so hoping your dog's tumor is not malignant. What a traumatic event for the whole family to be going through. Our animals are part of the family for sure.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all. I'm here.

Tony, I'm so sorry about your dog! Many years ago my dog had a malignant tumor and I opted for chemo....I knew it was expensive and really couldn't afford it, but I couldn't afford not to. The tumor shrunk enough so they could operate and take it out, but the cancer did come back and I opted to not continue with treatment. I did get one more year with her.

Lori, I know this late, but I was so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your heart is healing.

I haven't been doing well on plan. Weekdays are fine, but I blow it on the weekends.

I promise I'll write more when I can.

TTFN

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the kind thoughts, guys...well, tucker is home...he did awesome last night after surgery and was up and active and eating etc...since he recovered so quickly, they gave me a $1300 credit, which was very welcome!...now we will wait for the lab results...if it is malignant, which is the more likely scenario, we will enjoy whatever time we have with him...he has been a great dog...if it's benign, he should be cured...

marilee, if the cancer comes back, we won't prolong his suffering either...i guess this are some good lessons in this for the kids...emmy and anthony thanked me today for tucker's surgery - very sweet...

good day at the building today...the spinning girls tested out their sound system and it should be fine...you can hear the bass in the gym but there is music in the gym too, and dropping weights and the hum of cardio machines and people wearing headphones, etc...the sound from these girls isn't gonna create any negative issues in the gym...the lower level is impacted more, but the street level is my priority and whoever might move in below will be able to evaluate the noise and decide if they want to be there...

hope everyone has a great day...

oops, this is the last day of the blitz!...any volunteers to set up the next blitz and post a link???...this will be the four year anniversary of the start of the first blitz... :-)
Old 03-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Here is our new thread starting in the morning and this is no April fool's Joke!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...l#post16857897
Old 03-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys, what a crazy day it's been!! Typical Monday, but all went well!

Tony, I am so happy to hear that Tucker is home and doing better.....we shall continue to pray for good lab results! Did they say how long that might take?

Marilee, good to see you, we've missed you!!!! AT least your staying on plan during the week....you've got that down....now you just need to work on those darn weekends! We're here for you!!

Abi, you are such a love, thanks for the new thread!! I shall check in tomorrow with my official Blitz weigh in and goals!

All is well here, hope this finds everyone else doing great!!