Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
can you tell me how you make a reuben?
Tony, I just realized that I don't think I answered your question about the Rueben. The traditional Rueben (at least the ones I've had) have thinly sliced corned beef, sauerkraut and swiss cheese spread with thousand island dressing and grilled on rye bread. I currently am enjoying mine sans bread and cheese. They are quite delicious and any deli worth their salt can make a killer good one!
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
thanks, tammy!...what is better: a reuben or a hot pastrami?...i always thought they were about the same thing... :-) congrats on the loss...you are gonna be one hot mama at the wedding!

abs, after my workout at the gym yesterday, a nashville buddy called me on my cell - he LOVES to talk on the phone, so i was driving while talking to him and somehow, i ended up at emmy's place - she's home alone on wednesdays - and i got to see amadora!...i had not seen her in a week so i needed my fix...spend about an hour and 15 minutes there and left...she was soooo cute...then emmy brought her over today and my three boys were here too...

vincent and i are flying to nashville on sat morning and coming back late on sunday night after emptying my apt. into a storage unit...expensive trip, but it's gotta be done...

the spinning-studio girls are working on a proposal for the space in my building - i LOVE the idea and the compatibility with planet fitness, so unless they offer something ridiculous (which i don't believe they will), i will make a deal with them...i will miss my office, but with v starting college in the fall, the rent will be nice!

abs, sorry they didn't find a cause for hubby's pain, but i think it's a good sign that they don't see something structural...i wonder if a nerve could have gotten bruised during surgery and it will eventually heal...i feel great, but still have numbness on the inside of my right leg, so nerve damage can be very long-lasting...i hope i don't hurt myself carrying furniture in nashville!

mediation tomorrow...hope everyone has a great night!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 03-20-2014 at 04:59 PM..
tony8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:24 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tammy, you are having great results getting off the dairy! Vicki, let us know if you have the same positive results.

Thanks Tammy and Tony for the words of compassion for DH. That nerve pain can really cause people so much suffering. Look at poor FF!

Tony, have a safe trip to Nashville to get your apartment emptied out.

Just cleaned out the wood stove so need to see if I can get a fire started.

Have a great Friday all! I am cooking up 3 fried eggs to take for lunch with my salad and cold potatoes!
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #484
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I think I am well supplied with a few more exercise videos. About a month ago I ordered some vintage Gilad DVD's from Collage Video. Then, last week, I was searching the website for a DVD that was being featured on the PBS fundraiser only to find out that Collage was going out of business!! They couldn't compete with Amazon and Ebay anymore I really liked Collage because they would put short clips of the workout and customer reviews. I am sure Ebay and Amazon do the same thing as far as customer comments, but neither one has the clips. I did order 3 more DVD's. I am going to miss that place. I have been a customer for years . . . maybe like since the late 90's.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 03-21-2014 at 05:58 AM..
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning! Boy do I have a lot of responding to do. I'll have to do it tomorrow. I have been reading and I will say one thing, Tony, you can't compare a Reuben and a hot pastrami - they are both great for different reasons.

Well I am so doing the happy dance! It's Friday! The girl who's job I'm doing while she was on vacation is back on Monday and then I'll only have the "new job" I'm getting a handle on, plus my regular job.

I haven't eaten well this week - my stomach has been nervous and in knots due to stress and I didn't eat much during the day and then I overate at night because I was starving. No gain and no loss this week - and I am grateful for that.

I've been faithful on plan now for 2 days and feel better about that.

Got to go...TTFN

Marilee
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all, HAPPY FRIDAY!

Abi, do you have sort of seasoning or anything on those cold potatoes? You're a brave woman!!

Vicki, that's a bummer about collage....I hate when my favorite little businesses go under.....that seems to be happening more and more these days.

Marilee, you survived the week....that's the main thing!! No gain is a GREAT thing!!

Tony, I'm with Marilee on this......they're both great sandwiches! The corned beef is similar to pastrami.....sort of....at any rate, one of these days when you're feeling adventurous and want to try something new, give it a whirl!

Well kids, not much to report here, all is well and I'm off to work! Have a GREAT Friday!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 03-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, it's official...a reuben and hot pastrami are on my to-do list...

i hit the gym this morning and mediation went well this afternoon...sounds like everyone is doing well - congrats kids! :-)

gotta hit the hay as i have an early flight to nash tomorrow, but wanted to check in...won't be able to post again til monday as we don't get back until midnight on sunday...hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

You guys are making me crave a reuben or a pastrami sandwich.

Tony, we will miss you until Monday!

Tammy, I cut the cold potato into small chunks and then heat my ground beef chunks or fried egg bites in the microwave at work and dump it on the potato and salad. Then I spear a potato chunk, beef chunk and some lettuce and eat it like that. The egg or beef gives the potato some flavor and I like the warm/cold bites. With the spring lettuce mix I use the color makes everything else seem more appetizing.

Marilee, I am so glad the vacation girl will be back on Monday. I used to hate it when someone went on vacation in several of my past jobs. It was hard enough to do my own job without having to do someone else's too. I used to wish we just had a plant or resort shut down for a week and let everyone be off at the same time. lol My job now everyone shares the work of the one who is out or they send someone from another department to fill in. I like that.

Vicki, bummer about that company going out of business. If I was going to order a work out video I would really want to see a clip of someone doing it before I bought it.

Lori, how are you doing?

I will check back later to see what everyone is up to today. Have a great Saturday Blitzers!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #489
Blabbermouth!!!

Now you guys have me wondering about hot pastrami

I am subbed to a LCHF group on FB and someone started a 30 day NSV comment thread. NSV=Non scale victory. Apparently there are several people who don't like the numbers on the scale despite being on plan and get discouraged, hmmmm, I can't imagine what that is like Ha Ha. So, we could start that here too. What do you think?

I have been on plan so far today; 2 meals, better than what it has been for a while now.

Oh, are any of you on Facebook? Just curious if you are, I am Vicki Gibson Schaeffer if you want to be friends.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Mmmmm Pastrami!!

Abi, that actually makes sense about the hot and cold bites.....I can see that. Aren't the potatoes super carby though??

Vicki, I'm on FB.....I'll look you up! I'm there as Tammy Miles. I LOVE the NSV idea....Mine this week would be going dairy free....today is day 4 and so far I'm loving it!

Tony, sending warm thoughts your way for a safe move!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 03-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Couldn't stay away, kids!

All is going well...my son is a joy to work with...we work so well together...got here at 10 a.m. And got everything moved except for the two sofas we are sleeping on tonight and a couple of other boxes...rented a truck, storage unit, picked up storage
Containers and boxes, etc...

Had dinner with Sarah tonight...just dropped her off...we are beat so I gotta sign off and get some sleep...hope y'all have a great Sunday. ;-)
Old 03-23-2014, 02:30 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Ha ha, we knew Tony couldn't stay away! Good going on getting so much done yesterday. It's great that your son is such a big help. So nice you got to see Sarah too!

Tammy, from what I am reading once the potatoes are cooked and then chilled it does something to the starch and so the carbs don't raise your blood sugar. Well, I guess it does in some people but maybe for only a short time. If I had diabetes I'm not sure I would try this. The resistant starch that the potatoes have keeps them from being digested in the small intestine and the good bacteria in the large intestine thrive on it. Alot of people now are actually skipping the potatoes and putting some potato starch in a glass of water and just drinking it. Wild, huh! I am more going by Steven Guyanet's level 5 eating plan. He just suggests eating 3 food groups without the seasonings. He says beef, a green vegetable, and a small potato. He is not promoting the cold resistant starch potatoes.

Vicki, what kind of non scale victories are they posting? Like getting into some clothes that were too tight or going all day without snacking? Sounds interesting. Tell us more.

My sister in law can't meet us for breakfast so we are all meeting her tonight at the Marina for dinner. I think there will be around 9 of us there. I usually get the caesar salad with blue cheese dressing but time will tell.

Have a great Sunday all!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:31 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Ha ha, we knew Tony couldn't stay away! Good going on getting so much done yesterday. It's great that your son is such a big help. So nice you got to see Sarah too!

Tammy, from what I am reading once the potatoes are cooked and then chilled it does something to the starch and so the carbs don't raise your blood sugar. Well, I guess it does in some people but maybe for only a short time. If I had diabetes I'm not sure I would try this. The resistant starch that the potatoes have keeps them from being digested in the small intestine and the good bacteria in the large intestine thrive on it. Alot of people now are actually skipping the potatoes and putting some potato starch in a glass of water and just drinking it. Wild, huh! I am more going by Steven Guyanet's level 5 eating plan. He just suggests eating 3 food groups without the seasonings. He says beef, a green vegetable, and a small potato. He is not promoting the cold resistant starch potatoes.

Vicki, what kind of non scale victories are they posting? Like getting into some clothes that were too tight or going all day without snacking? Sounds interesting. Tell us more.

My sister in law can't meet us for breakfast so we are all meeting her tonight at the Marina for dinner. I think there will be around 9 of us there. I usually get the caesar salad with blue cheese dressing but time will tell.

Have a great Sunday all!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:49 AM   #494
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, so glad things went smoothly for you and with your son's help.

Tammy, I see you are on FB. Love the pic of you and hubby taken recently. Congrats on the 4 day dairy free. Are you planning on keeping this up or just trying for a short time?

Abi, I haven't heard of Steven Guyanat before, guess Googling is in order. NSV=what you said, anything a person can accomplish that doesn't have to do with jumping on the scale or being frustrated with not losing weight according to the scale; clothes fitting better, face thinner, compliments, no snacking etc.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys, waiting at Nashville airport...we got everything done!...that's a load off my mind...now I have a little time to figure out what to do with my stuff as I don't wanna spend $120/month storing stuff that isn't worth that much...

We fly to Chicago then Manchester...don't know why but every flight between Nashville and Boston or Manchester is sold out today...we are supposed to get in at 11:55 tonight...

A guy called me yesterday and wants to look at space in the building tomorrow...he wants to open a liquor store..Hmmm...I'd rather have the spinning studio so hopefully they will get back to me soon...

Abs, so did u go to the backside this morning, or is it just dinner at the marina?...I'd choose the marina, but then again I've never been to the backside!...potatoes are one of the things that are recommended for diabetics, in small quantities...they contain a lot of vitamins and minerals and have a relatively low glycemic index, I believe...

Vicki, how's the weather in Iowa?...warming up yet?...how's your dad doing?

Wonder if Tammy is driving along the coast again today! ;-)

Have a great rest of the weekend kids...
Old 03-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Tony, good job on getting everything cleared out and into storage! No Sunday drive today, we had an engine coil go bad in the car so our future SIL who is a mechanic is here working on it for us. DD had to work today, which is a bummer we could have had tons of fun shopping and what not while the boys work on the car. Oh well, that just left plenty of time for me to get groceries, do laundry, clean....all the stuff I never have time for during the week. Sorry you get in so late, I really do not miss airline travel.....I used to fly all the time for business, I do not miss it!

Vicki, that pic was last weekend or so when we went to our local beach. I think I plan on staying dairy free.....I'm reading that dairy is a tremendous culprit in inflammatory health issues and ringing in the ears.....both of which I've struggled with all my life. If being dairy free helps eliminate the fibromyalgia and the tinnitus as well as helping me lose weight, then consider me dairy free for life!!!!

Abi, Dinner with you family sounds lovely!! I have read little snippets here and there from folks on the board about resistant starch......I'm curious to see how that pans out. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around it. I like potatoes, but not enough to try them cold....they are one food that I really do not miss.

Things are good here, today starts day 5 of being dairy free. I'm down 3 pounds!! I am at my lowest weight in nearly 12 years!!! I have a very long way to go, but I finally feel like I have AT LAST hit upon the right super secret combination to my body's weight loss code. My DH is so sweet, he keeps telling me how proud he is of my determination and accomplishment....he was saying just this morning that he has NEVER seen me so focused and determined!!! He is also loving the changes he's seeing to my body!!!

Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday and gearing up for Monday!
Old 03-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #497
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, could the flight issue have anything to do with the NCAA? Dad is doing ok for now. Awaiting appt. in April with urologist concerning the cancerous tumor on his kidney. Otherwise, the knee is doing great. Warm, here, no! The high today was 30 and snow tomorrow - again!

Out team won today, go ISU. On to the sweet 16.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:57 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

We had a great time last night at the Marina. They sat us upstairs again with a lovely view of the water (which is still frozen solid - lol) There were nine of us. My brother and wife will be flying to Israel in about a week so sister in law talked a little about this trip. It will with a Christian tour group with a well know singer in the group too. It is a life long dream of theirs so should be a wonderful trip.

Tony, of course my brother and his wife and I also had to go to the Backside for breakfast. Our favorite waitress would have been crushed if we had not shown up. lol

Sorry about your late and round about flight Tony. Tammy, I too am not a fan of flying.

Vicki, I did not know your father had a cancerous tumor on his kidney. Poor guy has been through so much.

Sure do wish I was off today. Could really use one more catch up day. Snow forcasted for Wed. Maybe we will have one more snow day? Temps for Sat. will be almost 60 so whatever we get should melt fast.

I am taking DH's big truck to work today as he is getting my car inspected. Hope that goes well.

Have a great day blitzers!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:43 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Tony, did your flight get you home safe and sound??

Vicki, your poor dad has had so many health issues....many prayers going up for you all!!

Abi, MORE SNOW??? Doesn't the weatherman think you've had enough??? So glad you had a lovely dinner at the Marina....it sounds quite nice. There's nothing like time with family, it is so very precious!!

how's everyone else doing on this Monday morning?? It's very dark and cloudy here.....no rain forecasted, but it sure looks like it wants to! I'm right on the water front, just up the hill from the Port of Los Angeles and I've been hearing all of the ships blow their fog horns this morning......that's pretty cool! Well I'm off to work, another hectic Monday on the agenda....but no court today THANK HEAVENS!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:59 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, that would sound neat to hear the fog horns blowing! Glad you did not have to go to court today. Isn't it amazing what makes us happy/

DH got my car inspected and they didn't find any problems. That made me happy!

Thinking of going almost zero carb for afew days starting tomorrow. Mainly ground beef. Would so love to lose some weight by Easter. Even 5 pounds would make me happy.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids,

Hope everyone survived Monday!!

Abi, glad your car passed inspection. I think a few days of zero or nearly zero carb would certainly help you lose five pounds!! I know that this time around I am deliberately keeping my carbs as low as possible....always under 20g per day and usually under 10......it makes a difference! I have fallen in love with the little flax muffins I've been making......sort of a mini version of the OMM....and they have a few carbs in them because of the flax meal, but I still stay under 20 with them.

Well kids, I have OFFICIALLY hit 25 pounds lost......I'd really like to hit 30 pounds lost by March 31....that would help make Onderland before the wedding almost a certainty......

How's everyone else doing??
Old 03-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #502
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy, now you can't dangle that carrot in front of our face and not post the recipe! Please share your mini muffin recipe
Old 03-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Tammy, now you can't dangle that carrot in front of our face and not post the recipe! Please share your mini muffin recipe
Lol, sorry Vicki, here you go.....this is the original recipe I found, I add approx. 1/4 - 1/3 C. Splenda to mine in addition to the other dry ingredients because I found the first batch to be a little tasteless. The second batch was much better. The next batch I make I'm going to add some baking cocoa and see if they come out like little brownies. They're very much like little bran muffins......so if you like bran muffins they're a winner!

FLAXMEAL CINNAMON MUFFINS
3 eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as Da Vinci
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon (the amount is correct)

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. With a fork or spoon, beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla. In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups (without papers). Bake at 350║ 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch. Remove from tin at once to cooling rack. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 12 muffins
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 85 Calories; 7g Fat; 4g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs
Old 03-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi guys, a couple of crazy days...met with the guy who want to put a liquor store in my building yesterday...he loves the space and wants to pay more rent than i was looking for and wants a ten year lease...i am not dismissing it, but am not crazy about the use and am waiting to hear from the spinning girls...i'm a little worried about the weight of the coolers and am not sure how crazy the community will be about having another liquor/cigarette/lottery store...on the other hand, the lease would add about $300K to the value of the building, so it's nothing to sneeze at...

today, i had an expedition to check out a smoothie franchise south of boston for potential placement in the building...tomorrow is mediation...

i've been eating well and when i got home today, guess who was here?...yup, amadora...we laughed together for about 3-4 hours!...did the gym yesterday too...

abs, i would have bet you made it to the backside on sunday...happy you had fun at dinner too :-) you're gonna drop those 5 lbs. quickly!

tammy, i love foghorns on the ocean...we hear them at our cottage in maine on foggy days/nights...a HUGE CONGRATS on the 25 lbs...i remember how worried you were when you first came back about being able to stay on plan...i am sooooo proud of you!

vicki, i didn't know about your dad's cancer either...sorry to hear that...hope fully, they can get him feeling better soon...

marilee, how are you sweetie?

have a great night kids!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:55 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy - wow! 25 pounds! You are doing so well and those muffins sound delicious. Now are these made in a mini muffin pan or a regular size muffin pan?

Tony, what a great afternoon getting play and laugh with Amadora! I can see your quandary with having the liquor store with the long lease or the clean cut spinning group. How much time can you give the girls to make up their minds?

I wish I only had 5 pounds to lose but I feel like it would be a motivating start. I remember back in 2008 I lost around 20 pounds eating mainly ground beef, some chicken and some tuna with mayo. Now if I can just get through today! lol Oh, also will allow some pork skins in moderation for the crunch and they are just pork fat so fall in the category.

Have a great day Blitzers! It's time to hear from FF!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids!

Tony, it's nice to have options of the commercial space, but yes I totally understand your quandary! To bad the liquor store guys weren't wanting to put in a nice upscale Wine Specialty store.....that would be a little nicer option! Hopefully the spinning studio girls get back to you soon. I have no doubt that you'll make the right decision. How wonderful you got to spend a few hours with Amadora......I'm sure you missed her after your weekend travels!

Abi, the muffins are made in a regular muffin tin, and in the oven the puff up to the top of the tin beautifully, but when they cool they flatten to about half their size, that's why I call them mini. They are very dense and bready though and I like them quite a bit. DH doesn't, he feels that they're a little bland and dry. I spread a little butter or dairy free cream cheese on them and find them quite filling.

Well, I hope everyone's having a wonderful Wednesday. They predicted rain today here, but we have blue skies and sunshine for the first time in nearly a week.....so I'm enjoying that! Have a great day!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #507
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy, thanks for the recipe.

Abi, I am like you, I wish I only had 5 lbs too.

Tony, Dad sees a urologist mid April about the kidney cancer. Hopefully only surgery to remove the tumor/cyst.

Not really following anything right now. I am still exercising of course, that never ends. Someday the eating will get better and stay that way.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, you've got a lot going on...i'd suggest trying to maintain and not gain and not worry too much about losing...keep us posted on your dad...

abi, i received an offer from the cycling girls today...it was considerably less lucrative than the liquor store deal, but i made them a counter-offer tonight that i hope they can accept...it will still be a lot lower rent and only 42 months vs. ten years, but it fits better with the gym, my vision for the building and the brand i am trying to create there...we shall see...

tammy, i agree 100%...if it was a nice wine shoppe, i would have jumped at it...i really hope the spinning studio works out...it will fill the entire street level and i will have two very cool tenants...keep your fingers crossed for me!

well, i had a nice phone conversation with ff this morning on my drive to my mediation...he is doing well and went to the physical therapist/acupuncturist and they think they can help him...they say he has hip arthritis like me and may eventually need surgery - maybe this summer...he is in excellent spirits and hopes to get to the library by monday to check in here...

dw parents are visiting this weekend and emmy will bring the baby over and all my kids (except sarah) will be here too...should be a nice time...

i made chili with ground chicken tonight...it was soooo good...gym in the morning!
Old 03-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I am so glad you heard from FF and they have diagnosed his problem and can maybe help him. He can look at your success and see how much better he will feel after surgery. Hope the spinning girls accept your counter offer. Your building will be like a fitness magnet! Sounds like you have a great weekend planned!

Vicki, I am going back to the basics where I lost alot of weight back in 2008. I started a thread last night called "Just Meat". I will still eat my two eggs on Sunday at the backside so I don't send my favorite waitress into a tailspin again. lol I am just keeping it as simple as possible to keep the temptations to a minimum. It worked before and I am hoping it will work again. Wish me luck!

Tammy, glad you got the sunshine and not the rain. We got the wind last night from that clipper storm that flew through to the coast but no snow! My friend on Cape Cod got 8 inches of snow and alot of wind. They had not lost their power yet which is good.

Marilee, what is going on in Phoenix?

Lori, how are things with you?

Have a great day Blitzers! ps, I was down a pound today! Four more to go for my mini goal!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, congrats on the loss...i know how dedicated you can be to a plan once you commit yourself, so there's no doubt you will be dropping those other 4 lbs. and more over the coming weeks and months...i think it's necessary to keep trying new things...keeps our metabolisms on their toes!...

another busy day today...i will hit the gym now and spend the rest of the day at the building working on mediation reports and possibly meeting with the cycle girls (who have not responded to my counter-offer yet...the counter-offer i made was as low as i would go on rent, unless they were to add years to the length of the term...so, i as much as i'd like to have these girls as tenants, i will be able to walk away without regrets if it doesn't work for them...

MARILEE!!!???

lori, if you check in, i sure do hope that you are doing okay...i miss you! :-)

have a great day, kids!