Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning all!

Vicki, that 4 pounds is nothing, you can deal with that with one arm tied behind your back!! Just don't let 4 pounds become 10....we've all been there!

Tony, it's a shame you don't love Amadora or anything! What a cutie pie she is....and she's at that age where she's changing and developing SO QUICKLY.....you're blessed to get to be right there with her! My DH is 55, he'll be 56 in November.....Honestly I think 55 is the new 35, at least if my guy is any indication! It's a shame about the call interrupting your evening....I have never been a fan of Comcast, I always found them to be wildly inefficient.

Abi, to you too.....what's all this trying to be quiet about your birthday??? Girl you've earned the celebration, I say let the world know!

Well Kids, Just a quick check in, I'm headed off to an all day meeting with the corporate folks....I have to drive at least an hour (if I'm lucky) across LA in traffic to get there! They'll bring in lunch though and they promised me a nice Fajita / Salad bar so I'll have plenty of great choices. My daughter will be there to (We work for the same company) so at least we'll get to spend the day together.....even if it is a corporate meeting!

I'll check in later, have a great day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Abi!!!!!!
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Thanks gang for the birthday wishes!
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:35 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Well just lost my post again. I think this must be the highest traffic time of the day! lol

Two strict days under my belt, going for 3. Salad, fried eggs, and a small cold potato for two meals and egg and potato for 9am breakfast break.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF!!!!

Abi, great job on your strict days.....that's amazing discipline!!!

Well, I survived LA traffic, but it wasn't pretty, let me tell you!! What is normally a 1 hour drive took 2 yesterday morning!!! I gave myself an hour an a half, and still ended up being late!!! Lunch was good, I was totally able to stay on plan, and even avoided the HUGE cookies they were passing around! I did cave a little though on the candy.....they had big bowls of little fun size snickers and andes mints, etc everywhere and I did have some of those....but I didn't go too crazy and fortunately chocolate does not trigger awful cravings for me. I figured that a few of those were a MUCH better alternative than the cookies and the tortillas. I also had a bourbon & Diet coke when I got home, after all that traffic I thoroughly enjoyed that!!! I was still in ketosis this morning, so I feel good about my choices......I really want to make sure that I don't have any scale backlash though, so I think I'm going to fat fast today and this weekend.....give my body a break for a few days.

How's everyone else doing????

Well, I need to jet to work, I'll try to check in later. Have a GREAT Friday everyone!!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #456
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Happy Belated Birthday Abi.

Tammy, a bit of chocolate, as long as it doesn't trigger anything, isn't too bad.

We will be taking off tomorrow morning for our mini-getaway for our anniversary. Unfortunately, it is supposed to snow tomorrow ARGH. I am hoping we can get some good corned beef somewhere this weekend. I don't like the kind you buy in the store, too salty. I have tried it a couple of times.

I may even indulge in a good Reuban sandwich. Regardless, I will probably be away for a couple of days.
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
have fun, vicki!...i've never had corned beef or a reuben...i've always wanted to try a hot pastrami sandwich...i've lived a pretty sheltered life!...haha...

tammy, i have a little chocolate every once in a while too...you can't live life without a taste of chocolate here and there...i try to stick with a square of dark chocolate and justify it by saying it is good for my heart, but there are sometimes a few bite-size snickers in the freezer...haha...btw, my experiences with LA traffic has made boston traffic very palatable :-)

hi marilee, what's the weather like out there?...how have the plants survived winter?

abi, good for you for doing the no rewards plan...i know hard difficult that is and respect the dedication it takes to even try it!...i predict a lot of lost weight!

busy with work today and missing amadora...made grilled chicken tonight...

may take the youngest son to look at a college or two this weekend...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday gang!

Yesterday went well until I got home. There is something about a Friday night that makes you want to let your hair down. Guyanet says to have two regular meals a week with his plan so I guess I didn't too badly. Tony, I hope you are right about losing weight. Lately I have only been gaining. ugh

Tammy, you are still doing great and still in ketosis! Have you started looking at dresses yet for the wedding? Did your daughter get the Marilyn Monroe inspired wedding gown? It is wonderful you both work for the same corporation.

Vicki, thanks for the birthday wishes. Hope you find some delicious corned beef this weekend on your get away!

Marilee, hope you have a big steak this weekend and really relax!

Tony, hope your son finds just the right school for him. What does he want to do, any ideas yet?

I have to make something to take to the school today for their Saint Patrick's Day dinner. We don't plan on going but want to support the school. This is the school we met at although they closed the high school part afew years after we graduated. It goes up to the eighth grade now. They will be serving corned beef and cabbage of course!

Have a great day all! Worried about FF in those NY explosions but they were in Harlem and he is in Brooklyn I believe.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everyone!!

Vicki, I hope you're having a great weekend away for your anniversary!

Tony, checking out colleges with your son sounds like fun!! You have seriously never had corned beef??? Or a Rueben???? You my friend have been sheltered! A good Rueben is one of life's greatest pleasures!!!!! You MUST try this soon.....surely there's a great deli that you like to eat at.....ask them about their Rueben, you wont regret it!! (unless you don't like sauerkraut!)

Abi, you're such a sweetie! I made some cream cheese muffins last night for breakfast this morning and thought of you....they're the perfect thing to take along to work or have for a quick breakfast on the go. They were so quick and easy, and DELICIOUS!!! I have been looking at dresses....DD found the PERFECT Marilyn inspired dress and it fits her like a glove! I found a stunning dress in the perfect shade of mint green (her color for the wedding) but it's sleeveless and I'm pretty self conscious about my arms, so I don't know.....I have to give it some thought.

How's everyone else doing this weekend? We're having another beautiful sunny day here.....we took another drive up the coast.....that's our favorite weekend thing lately! I hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:48 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, I am so happy your daughter found the perfect dress and yours in mint green sounds lovely. What about a lace or crocheted bolero if you could find one or have one made in a matching mint green lace?

I love cream cheese muffins too!

Tony, how are the college tours going?

Lori, hope you are all rested up now and are ready to tell us the high lights of your trip!

I bet Vicki is having a great time at her get away!

Marilee, how is your weekend going?

I am still sort of half and half on the no reward eating. Enough that I am down a little so that will keep motivated to do it as often as I can. It is so easy to get derailed if I have not had a long stretch of clean eating. I am determined to make these stretches longer and longer.

Have great Sunday all. It will be breakfast at the Backside I am sure. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mint green bolero.jpg (65.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg lace bolero white 2.jpg (14.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg lace bolero white.jpg (17.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-16-2014, 05:30 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, it looks like fashion designer abigail de laurent has solved your problem!...you can probably pick up a lace bolero in matching mint green at the GAP...seriously, that is a nice idea and i think the look is very feminine and sexy...although i had no idea there was such a thing as a bolero!...btw, i've never tried sauerkraut either!...

on a related topic, i was driving up the east coast yesterday along the beautiful rocky shore of maine...we went to visit the university of southern maine and the university of new england (which is right on the water!)...he has eliminated keene state becuase it doesn't offer very many programs and he is not sure what he wants to do...

abs, he is now leaning heavily toward unh...his siblings have been lobbying hard for it...i think he resisted at first because he thought he might like to do something different and i think maybe he was worried he wouldn't get in...but he not only got in (which i knew he would) but got into the highly ranked business school where his two brothers and i went to school...i started the legacy there when i graduated in 1982, and vincent would be my fifth child to graduate from unh if he does that...also, my niece (my brother's daughter who lives in RI) will be starting there in the Fall...i am shooting for having a wing named after me!...haha

abs, didn't you eat something other than "the usual" the last time you were doing the no rewards thing?...i think it's smart to ease into it and add days when you can do it without feeling too deprived...

marilee, what's going on?

vicki, where are you going for this anniversary trip?...i wanna hear all about it - every detail, including if there were chocolates on the pillows!

mediations all day tomorrow, so i need to prep today...have work to do at the building too, so v and i will be over there most of the day...

hope y'all have a great sunday!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Abi, I love the lace bolero idea, that may be the perfect solution. We have decided against that dress though. The guys will be wearing all black with mint green suspenders and ties.....sooooo, DD and I decided that it would make sense if I wore a black dress with a mint green petticoat, shoes and wrap of some sort. I already have a gorgeous black cocktail dress that fits me beautifully and will adapt to my weight loss without needing major alterations.....so I'm pretty excited. I just ordered my shoes, there's a pic below. I think the pictures will look stunning, the mint green against the black looks fabulous.

Tony, tony, tony.....what are we going to do with you??? You've never had sauerkraut either???? All this talk has me craving a Rueben.....I think I see a breadless Rueben in my very near future!!! Your trip up the coast sounds wonderful.....You must so proud of your DS!

How's everyone else doing??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedding shoes.jpg (2.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 03-17-2014, 02:23 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, I love those shoes! I also like the idea of the black dress with the mint petticoat. Black is so flattering on everyone. It puts the emphasis on the person's face and smile. Can't wait for you to post wedding pictures after the wedding!

Tony, you have a memory like an elephant! lol Yes, when I was doing the no reward before I was ordering poached eggs and no bacon to keep away from the salt. I am definitely being more lenient this time around. I think it would be great if Vincent carried on the tradition of UNH and yes, they should have named a wing after you as you have certainly paid for one already. Hope all the mediations go well today!

I have my ground beef, salad and small cold potato packed for breakfast at 9 and lunch at 11.

Hope all the Blitzers have a great Monday!
Old 03-17-2014, 02:31 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

I almost forgot to wish you all a Happy Saint Patrick's Day

Hope you all wear a little green today so you won't get pinched!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Irish Blessing.jpg (34.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #465
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
erin go bragh, HEWMON BLITZERS!

hope your St Pat's is going better than mine. just had my taxes done...by a leprechaun. no gold at the beginning, middle or end of the rainbow for me. I got crucified. I will not waste my or your precious time with the details...except to say that the devil (aka the Orion syndicate)is no doubt behind it. Next week is the eval for accupuncture. I hope some good will come of it. I am still in shock, so tonight, (a friend of mine is picking me up)we are having dinner at the diner. I am DEFINITELY indulging myself with something outside the parameters of lc eating. I may even have an alcoholic beveridge. We shall see, BUT,I WILL exercise portion control. I hope to be back within the week. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey ff, ole buddy!!!!...great to see you!...wish i could join you and your friend for dinner - we will do it one of these days!...keep us posted on the acupuncture...sorry about the taxes - after all you went through to get your pension, i am shocked you are taking a hit in taxes too!

abi, i would pay $100 to see the look on your face when you bit into that cold potato today...if that doesn't qualify as "no reward", i don't know what would! :-) i'm so proud of you though!...that's right, it was poached eggs and no bacon!...my butt probably resembles an elephant's more than my memory!...hahahahaha!

tammy, you have me craving a reuben and i've never even tasted one!...hope your monday was better than some of your recent ones...

had a great workout at the gym yesterday and then a full day at the building...today was mediation-day and i just got home...very productive and my mentor/supervisor was very complimentary about my progress, which made me feel good...she says she has complete confidence in me and that it's no work supervising me...she said she will be late for our mediation this friday and wants me to proceed without her!...that's a pretty big deal...she also said that i am ready to be certified which is great because she is one of the members on the state board that certifies mediators...so, it was a nice day! :-)

leftovers tonight...made dry-rubbed ribs on the grill last night and plenty left...

hope y'all are having a great day!...happy st. patrick's day!

Last edited by tony8; 03-17-2014 at 03:11 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kids!

Abi, My hats off to you for the whole "No reward" eating.....that is not something I would even want to think about! I figure I've changed my WOE so drastically I should at least enjoy what I AM eating!!!

FF; SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AGAIN!!! We miss you when you're not here!! Sorry about the tax man....darn leprechauns! I hope you have a wonderful dinner with your friend....and enjoy the beverages!

Tony, Great job with the mediating.....you have such a grace and talent with people.....you're a natural mediator! Too funny about the Rueben....I actually started craving one myself, so I picked up all the makings at the grocery store and for lunch made myself a breadless Rueben.....it was very yummy!

My Monday was pretty rough again. I had to be in court super early this morning for an eviction hearing that took ALL DAY LONG.....the court system here is SO FRUSTRATING......too many people know how to work it to their advantage too, it's very unfair. Oh well, The good news is that it made it super easy to stay on plan because I didn't get a chance to eat hardly anything!

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:46 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

FF! So good to hear from you! Sorry about the taxes. Your dinner sounds like a fun time. Sure hope the acupuncture works for you. I worried about you with that explosion in New York. So sorry for those people.

Tony, you crack me up. On the mediation front it sounds like you have it down pat. We knew you would. You are perfect that kind of work. I bet your family is proud of you. You certainly are a good example for your kids.

Tammy, you have just got to dread Mondays! Boy, that is a hard way to stay away from the food!

Another 15 degree day here this morning. Doesn't spring know it is just around the corner?

Have a great day gang! Hey Vicki and Marilee, how are your weeks going? Lori, we need to hear the high lights of your trip!

Last edited by Abigale; 03-18-2014 at 02:47 AM..
Old 03-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #469
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all, we had a good time. We stayed in a Victorian house built in the late 1800's with authentic furniture etc. The bathroom had an iron claw tub too. I was able to soak and I usually don't like to take baths.

We stayed in a river town so the river was on one side and bluffs on the other. Cobblestone streets too. The window of our room was on the side with the cobblestone street so we certainly heard every car that went by. No chocolate on the pillow but there was cake every night. ARG. Breakfasts were feasts, beginning with coffee cake and included an egg dish, bacon and either waffles and pancakes. I did have a Reuben each day and am so glad to be back on track today after all of the sugar and carbs.

Since we were on the river, we went to the lock and dam and saw bald eagles; awesome sight.

Now back home and relaxing although dad is back in the hospital with pneumonia. Mom is coming for supper tonight too. I am not sure what I am going to do the rest of spring break.

ff, it was good to see you checking in. I hope the acupuncture goes well.

hello, everyone else.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 03-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all...I'm here...still super stressed so not getting on the computer when I get home. Have broken plan this week. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Vicki, I meant to wish you a very happy anniversary, but was too busy yesterday to get on line - so HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LATE!!!!

Your mom called and told me about my brother (your dad). Hope he gets better soon!

I had a lot on my mind this morning and tripped over something and fell. my shoulder and left side is sore, but nothing is out of place so I'll get over it. The hard part was getting up - weight over 300 pounds and having bad knees, I'm glad no one was around or I'm sure it would be on You Tube.

Take care, all.

Marilee
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone!

Abi, Spring sure is being elusive for you guys on the east coast!!! I imagine by now you must be very tired of the cold and snow....I know I was always over it by early February!!!

Vicki, your weekend sounds really lovely, and you know when you're celebrating it can be very hard to stay on plan....but you're back now and can focus on getting back into your groove!

Marilee, I'm sorry you fell and hurt yourself.....I hope you feel better soon!!!

Today is SO MUCH BETTER than yesterday was! I've been getting caught up at the office, and eating is on plan. I've been doing some reading lately on cheese, and dairy products in general. I have decided to try eliminating dairy from my diet for the next few weeks. This is a VERY big step for me.....I've eliminated so many things, and I do LOOOOVE my cheese and HWC....but I was reading that there seems to be a very real link between dairy and Tinnitus.....and I've had that darn ringing in my ears ALL MY LIFE....seriously I have never known a time when I did not have this. I don't even think about it most of the time, but I was reading that a lot of people who eliminate dairy find real relief for this, so I thought I'd try it....I figure it can't hurt anything, and who knows....maybe it will help??? Maybe it will help my weight loss too?

Well, I hope everyone's having a fabulous day!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, keep us posted on the effects of cutting out dairy on your ears and your weight...that's very interesting and it would be great if it helped!...happy you had a better day today...can you tell me how you make a reuben?

marilee!!!!!...you know, i fell in nashville when i was getting up from a kneeling position, and it was one of the scariest things cuz i crunched my knee and felt something strain...i had to crawl to the couch to get back on my feet...i was alone and thought i'd really hurt myself...well now that i think about it, my knee has been bothering me ever since!...so sorry that happened to you...BE CAREFUL!...btw, LOVE your flowers pic...

vicki, where did you go on your trip?...sounds very cool and historic...what was the name of the river?...those bed and breakfasts can be delicious and carby!...haha...

abs, you're so sweet - thanks for the kind words...i feel very comfortable mediating issues i understand fully like business deals, general conflicts and small claims...the only certification available to mediators is "family mediation" and there has been a tremendous amount to learn about nh law on those matters like divorce, parenting plans, child and spousal support, etc...many lawyers make horrible mediators, but my one year of law school was extremely valuable to me in my business career and now in this training...so, i think it will be years of mediating family matters before i feel like i have it down pat, but i guess it is nice that someone with 30 years of experience thinks i'm already competent at it.

they keep raising my rent in nashville, so i gave them my notice and am moving out my stuff this month...i'm trying to figure all that out now...my youngest son and i may go down, but whether i store my stuff, give it away, haul it back etc. is undetermined...its hard cuz he has school and i only have a few days between mediations and we can't do it the last weekend cuz he and his girlfriend have a concert they are playing in...it may have to be this weekend...i may get another place or share a place, but don't have time to deal with that right now...

hope everyone has a great night!

Last edited by tony8; 03-18-2014 at 06:27 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 02:21 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Marilee, I am so sorry that you fell and hurt yourself. I sometimes think I should practice trying to get up off the floor. I remember one time discussing with my sister an idea of some kind of instant blowup pad that someone could drag themselves to and pull the lever to make it blow up and get them up to a chair height and then they could roll over and put their legs over the side and sit up. Just like those air mattresses but much higher when blown up. My mother said one time she fell years ago and managed to get herself to the stairs, up afew and then was able to sit up. It's a scary thing. I think people of any age that live alone should have a life line buzzer around their neck. So glad you are ok! I love your spring flowers too!

Vicki and Marilee hope your Dad/brother is ok with that pneumonia. He sure has had a rough go of it!

Vicki, I would love to see some bald eagles! Did you see their nests or were they just flying around? Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Tony, bummer about the knee. Hope it gets back to feeling good. Too bad about the apartment raising the rent. Sounds like a hassle to have to clear it out. Maybe you can find a cheap storage unit to put everything in.

Tammy, it would be wonderful if getting off dairy would clear up the tinnitus! On the coffee front, it really does help having the covered cup. Just a little mind trick. I make my own coffee with those little screen and plastic cups you can use in a keurig machine. Vanilla flavored coffee is milder and more mellow if you are not putting cream in it.

My sister in law from Georgia is coming up this weekend to check on her parents. She wants to come for Sunday breakfast for sure. Can't wait to see her.

DH goes up to Dartmouth today to have consultation with the back surgeon. Hope that goes well.

Wondering how artemis is doing?

Last edited by Abigale; 03-19-2014 at 02:25 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Hello all.

I haven't caught up at all. I've been sick and really tired since returning from Prague. I realized Monday I was "late". I took a test and found out I was pregnant. Only to begin to miscarry today. I may be scarce for a bit. Still feeling tired and sick, but will recover soon.

I also am travelling again Sun-Thurs next week for work.

Hope to catch up soon. I did see my name in a few posts just browsing as I scrolled down to Quick Reply. Thanks for thinking of me.
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh lori, so sorry to hear of your miscarriage...dw miscarried after our third child, sarah, was born and we mourned...people said it wasn't meant to be, and that didn't make us feel any better - then one day i started thinking maybe it wasn't so much that that baby wasn't meant to be, but that another one was and a few months later we got pregnant with emily...and now we have amadora too...hope you are feeling okay...we will be here when things settle down for you :-)
Old 03-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Abi, I hope all goes well for you DH, do keep us posted!! How nice that you'll get to see your SIL!

Lori, Oh honey I am so sorry....what a very difficult thing to go through!! Please take care of yourself and check in when you can, you know you have our thoughts, prayers and support here!!!

Tony, that was a wonderful insight.....I love that!!

Well kids, I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday, just checking in to say all is good and day 1 of dairy free was very successful!

Have a great day!!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #477
Blabbermouth!!!

((((Lori))))) sorry for your loss.

Tammy, I am debating about eliminating dairy too. But, like you, I would miss cheese and HWC.

Tony, we were on the Mississippi.

Marilee, so sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you get back to normal soon.

Dad was discharged today from hospital.

Sad news today, a coworker died yesterday. Her husband found her unresponsive when he got home from work. They suspect a heart attack, she was in her late 50's. We are waiting for the funeral arrangements.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awwww...so sorry to hear that vicki...we all know the 50s are waaay too young...

well, with all the much more important news today, i will hold off on sharing that i ate strawberries at 2 p.m....it sure helps keep things in perspective...

wishing everyone a good night and a better tomorrow...love you guys! :-)
Old 03-20-2014, 02:25 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We are all mourning along with you. Wish you didn't have to go out of town for work and could rest more. We are here for you when you can come back.

Vicki, sorry about your friend passing at such a young age. Glad your Dad is out of the hospital and hope he feels better every day.

Tammy, the surgeon could not see anything on the MRI that he did not expect to see but did have an X ray taken. If anything shows up on it he will contact DH's Dr. DH was pretty down about that wanting some possible solutions to his pain

Tony, that is sad to think of you and DW also losing a child. What a blessing to have Emmy and Amadora though!

Marilee, hope your bruising and soreness are about gone from your fall!

I see we got about an inch of snow last night. Hope the roads are clear. It is supposed to get up to 50 today so hope most of that melts!

Old 03-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, so glad your dad is home, praying for speedy recovery!! Sorry to hear about your co-worker, that is far to young!!

Tony, we love you too!! Hopefully you find a new place in Nashville for all of your things and a place to crash when you go down there.

Abi, you got another inch of snow?!?!?! Doesn't the weatherman know it's late March for heavens sake?!?! I'm sorry DH isn't getting the news he hoped for, surely they must have SOME recommendation of what he can do for the chronic pain?

Marilee, how are you doing??

Lori, keeping you in our prayers!

Well kids, I'm doing well here....Abi, it's in the 70's today....don't hate me!

I have noticed 2 things in the two days that I've been dairy free: 1) My keto stick is darker than ever......seriously dark....like nearly black! and 2) I've lost a full pound in 2 days....so nothing but positive here!

Have a wonderful day everyone, it's almost the weekend!!!