Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Under a lot of stress at work, but didn't break plan! Tony, no pizza and no ice cream. My reward? I'm less than 5 pounds away from being in the 20's!!!!

Not much else to report. I'm really tired, so I'll write more tomorrow.

Hi, ff!!!!!
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
WHAT?????!!!!! marilee!!!!!...that is amazing!...way to go girl!

vicki, i agree with what tammy said!...keep the faith - try not to give up on them or yourself...they're getting older and wiser every day even if they're not trying! :-)

abs, that's exciting news about the retail outlet...i gotta order a candle so you can stick a note in my box...haha...don't hurt yourself tomorrow - at least one of you needs a good back!

tammy, it should be fun in RI, but i know i'm not gonna get to see amadora once my sisters get hold of her...haha!

busy day of mediation today...relaxing tonight...

ff, love ya, man!...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:57 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Marilee, that is so wonderful! Sorry about the stressful day but terrific you did not give in to the temptations! Hope today is very relaxing for you!

Yes Tony, I will watch my back. lol You will not be able to get near that darling baby once your sisters see her! lol

Tammy, we are all excited about the store and hope it is very successful.

It got up to the 40's yesterday after the 5 degree start. Today it is 17 and promises to warm up again. Can't wait.

Will check in later with you all.

Have a great day! Maybe we will hear from Lori today.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:28 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning, abs! :-)

i have a gravel driveway with a surface of crushed stone and it has been covered in a thick layer of ice for weeks...i have chopped strategic drainage channels through it here and there, and it is finally looking like it may melt away - maybe this weekend!...this has been a particularly rough winter, although even with all the storms, i don't think we ever had more than 12-18 inches in the yard at any time...my snow shoveling piles were over 5 feet high though!

i will soooo enjoy these next 9 months of moderate, diverse, new england weather!...bring on the spring!

don't forget to turn your clocks ahead tonight (for those who do that)...it will still be light out at 7 p.m. on sunday...woo hoo!

countdown to amadora! :-)
Old 03-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bet all of you are happy that things are starting to melt! This has been a horrible winter for parts of the country, but Spring is coming. As you know, AZ doesn't do DST so we will now become Pacific time whenever one springs forward.

The stress at work in a nutshell is, the girl at work who handles direct mail quit and I was told Wednesday at 3:45 that I would be doing a portion of her job. Although she gave two-weeks notice, I was only told a little over a day before she left, which was yesterday. So, I got 1 hours training and it is a very involved job and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

The scale was a fluke last night...it reflected higher this morning, but still a bit of a loss. Thank goodness we only weigh once and week and register the results. I still will be done so I'll let you know. The only thing I'm doing is jut not eating much. Breakfast is a couple of eggs, lunch is some protein and then dinner is veggies or a salad and protein. That's about it. I am older and pretty sedentary (until I can move better) so I am trying the big reduction in calories to see what happens and so far so good.

Have a great Saturday! I need to clean house (housecleaner won't be available for another 2 weeks), do laundry and prepare my taxes for my appointment next Saturday morning so I have a busy weekend ahead.

TTFN

Marilee
Old 03-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, sometimes management baffles me. When I left the resort in Alabama I gave them a one month notice and there was really only one person that half way knew how to run the custodial dept. and they waited until my last day to give him the go ahead for me to show him how to do the time cards on the computer, how to do the schedule, check the property etc. It was crazy. I really feel for you and hope it quickly becomes easier for you.

On another thread someone in Canada was having trouble trying to find egg rings to make a perfectly round oopsie. I suggested he use non stick foil to make little forms. He said he would need to see pictures. Below are the photos I posted for him. I used the tuna can to make a hamburg bun and the square shaped oil bottle to make the hot dog bun. You need two oopsies to make a whole bun. I am going to re-use the foil. I just wiped it off with a paper towel. I may spray it next time in case it loses some of its non stick properties.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (55.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (72.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (46.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 03-08-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Happy Saturday!!

Marilee, you're doing great....stay the course and you will be in the 20's in no time!!! I'm sorry things are so stressful at work, but I have no doubt that you'll master the new duties in no time!

Tony, I don't envy you that ice!! I have no doubt you will have a wonderful day with your family today!!

Abi, that hot dog bun is genius!!! You are so clever!! How'd it go getting all of that wood today?

Well, it's a gorgeous sunny day today....having a lovely lazy weekend. The scale is being inexplicably cruel this morning, I've been extremely good on plan, but the scale wants to tell me I've gained a pound or so! I have no doubt it's probably the antibiotic that the doc put me on when he pulled this tooth, so I'll just stand my ground and expect a nice whoosh!

Hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:34 AM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Running late today as I just cleaned out the wood burning stove and am trying to get a new fire started before I head to church.

We filled the back of DH's pick up yesterday and will go back next Saturday to get the last of the cord. Now it all has to be stacked but the snow and ice are so built up in the area it needs to go we may need to have a abit of thaw to get there.

Have a great day all! I will check back in later this afternoon!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, aren't you a clever little doo-bee with those oopsie forms!?...how's your back feel after hauling all that wood?...who was at the backside this morning?

marilee, some managers are simply not too bright!...congrats on eating low-cal...i am sooooo proud of you...

are you guys on water restriction in az and southern california?...i've seen so many reports on the horrible drought out there...we should build a water pipeline instead of an oil pipeline - we got plenty we can send your way!

wonder how lori is doing?....

tammy, i had the same thing happen when i was on antibiotics...i gained weight and then got a big woosh a few days after i stopped taking them...it didn't happen overnight though...weird

great dinner yesterday...65 members of my family, and all of them got together with about ten days notice...they all had such a good time...we had it at a huge family-style baked chicken restaurant...it was my treat, but one of my cousins ordered ice cream and birthday cake for everyone which was a nice surprise...

they all loved amadora and she was passed around all night and didn't complain once...it really was such a nice day...emmy and sal stayed overnight last night so i got to hang out with the baby until i had to go to work at 1:30 this afternoon...

hope everyone had a relaxing, fun weekend!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I spent the whole day yesterday at a continuing ed. conference and today church in the morning and I had my folks and hubbie's dad for dinner. So glad it is melting too.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, are your folks doing pretty good now? You certainly had a busy Sunday!

Tony, what a wonderful get together you all had. Hope someone got alot of pictures!

Only 3 of us at the Backside yesterday. My back was ok after getting the wood. Now when I finally stack it that may be another story. The snow will have to melt some to be able to get to the stacking area. I climbed up into the back of the truck and just threw it into a pile. We will get the last of the load next Saturday probably.

Just made 6 oopsie rolls. Need to start to double that recipe as it is time intensive and they don't last long.

Have a great Monday Blitzers!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:20 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, i didn't take any pics...i was so busy visiting, i didn't even think of it!...haha

gym this morning, then work...hope everyone has a good one! :-)
Old 03-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Just checking in...

Haven't caught up on posts, made it back from Prague. It was great!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi lori, welcome back!...i'm sure you've got a lot of catching up to do at home too!...we will look forward to hearing all about your trip when you have time...i bet you're getting lots of hugs right now :-)
Old 03-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!!

Abi, you seem like quite the pioneer woman with the wood burning stove and all....My hats off to you, not sure I'd do so well......my husband tells me all the time that I'm far to spoiled to ever survive without modern conveniences. Your oopsies look great....especially the hot dog buns....I'm going to try those!

Tony, what a wonderful weekend you had with your family, I'm sure Amadora loved meeting so many people, and of course how could they not love that little angel!!

Lori, welcome back, can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

This weekend was nice and lazy, I made a pot of the BEST soup ever....it was SO good, and easily adapted to low carb. Here's the recipe with the low carb adaptations:

Zuppa Tuscana

4 slices bacon, diced (I made more and use some to top the soup afterwards)
1 lb ground hot Italian sausage
1 large yellow onion, diced (I only used 1/2 an onion)
4 cloves garlic, minced (I used the preminced jar kind)
4 cups (32 oz) chicken stock
3 cups russet potatoes, cubed (I used 1 bag frozen cauliflower pre-steamed and 1 bag radishes that I quartered and roasted with olive oil and thyme in the oven @350 for 20 minutes till browned)
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 cups kale, in bite size pieces
1 cup heavy whipping cream
parmesan cheese, grated

In a large pot, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the grease. Add the sausage, breaking it apart as it cooks. Once sausage is browned and crumbled, drain off grease leaving a tbsp to saute the onion.

Push the sausage and bacon to the edge of the pot and add the onion to the center; saute until translucent; add garlic; saute until fragrant.

Stir in the stock and potatoes (cauliflower and roasted radishes) , season with salt and pepper, and simmer for about 20 minutes.l

Add kale and heavy whipping cream. Bring to a simmer. Top with parmesan cheese (and extra bacon) when serving.

I promise you it is soooooo good!!!!

I've gotta get back to work, hope everyone is having a great Monday!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, where do you live?...i'm coming over for soup!!!!!!!!!...that sounds soooo good!

went to the gym and had a great workout...i've been there 4 out of the last 9 days and i'm getting close to where i was fitness-wise, before i hurt my back in january...i am still just doing the treadmill with no incline as it puts less strain on my back, but hope to be able to change that in a couple of weeks...until january, i was doing the "hill" workout :-)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome home Lori! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Tammy, I couldn't wait until the morning to post. Pioneer Woman is what DH calls me. lol

Your soup sounds heavenly!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gang! We are having our free lunch today. It used to be every Tuesday but now it is only once a month but they give us an extra 30 minutes for lunch. We don't know what it will be but I am going to bring two oopsie rolls in case it is deli platters to make your own sandwich.

We are expecting a snow storm tomorrow night into Thursday. They have moved DH's 3pm appointment tomorrow with the surgeon who did his back surgery last summer up to 1pm. DH likes that much better as it is an hour and a half drive up to Dartmouth. Sure hope they can do something to help him!

Can't wait to hear about Lori's trip to Prague!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Abi, I hope they can help your hubby....poor guy, that kind of pain is just miserable! Enjoy your lunch today, so nice that they do that for you!

Tony, great job at the gym and getting back to your routine, that can be SO HARD!! I know my hubby was unable to go the gym for nearly 14 years because of undiagnosed asthma, he put on 60 pounds and we finally got the asthma diagnosed and under control, so now he's back at the gym. It's funny because he was ALWAYS into weight lifting and fitness, when he was 40 he even placed in an EAS Body building competition, so not being to able to work for so long drove him nuts. Yesterday one of the personal trainers at the gym who works with my son (Son is a personal trainer now) mentioned that he was stunned when he saw how much weight hubby could lift, that in his years as a trainer he's known fewer than 12 that could lift that kind of weight, and NONE of them were in their 50's!!! Needless to say DH was QUITE PLEASED with that feedback!

How's everyone else doing?? Vicki....Marilee....you girls still out there???

Things are good here, the scale has decided to be kind to me once again (Maybe it took my threats seriously?) It tells me that I'm down a pound. I'm hoping to lose two more this week and get down to 215. I am drinking LOTS and LOTS of water. I'm challenging myself to drink it plain, without any added mio or crystal light or anything. I sometimes wonder if the extra sugar free sweeteners are slowing me down, so I'm trying to flush my body with at least 57 - 64 ounces of pure unflavored water every day. I really do not care for pure unflavored water.... but it DID get the scale to move again and I LOVE that!!

Well kids, have a GREAT day, gotta get to work, but I'll check in later!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #440
Blabbermouth!!!

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday in the 60s and sunny, today, 40s cloudy and windy. I took the flannel sheets off yesterday we better not have any more snow.

Next week is spring break, I wish I was going somewhere warm. Our anniversary is on Monday, the 17th and we are staying in a B&B for a couple of nights.

Don't ask about the food, because there isn't anything good to say for now.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #441
Blabbermouth!!!

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday in the 60s and sunny, today, 40s cloudy and windy. I took the flannel sheets off yesterday we better not have any more snow.

Next week is spring break, I wish I was going somewhere warm. Our anniversary is on Monday, the 17th and we are staying in a B&B for a couple of nights.

Don't ask about the food, because there isn't anything good to say for now.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi vicki, no questions from me...congrats on your anniversary! :-)

tammy, i've always been pretty strong, but i don't think i'm in anybody's top twelve!...haha...i bet your hubby is happier being able to work out again...i know i am...

it is pretty amazing that there is no sign that i had surgery on my right hip...it is absolutely 100% pain-free and 1 1/2 years ago i could barely walk...i'm so grateful!

well, i slept through it, but emmy and sal came over at midnight last night after having dinner at my son's apt....of course, we had no idea any of that was happening...sal is on spring break and working closer to us, so they are staying for a couple of days...i went out at 7 this morning to do some food shopping as we didn't have much around the house...since i didn't know amadora would be here, i had scheduled some work this afternoon and it killed me to leave her...

when i got home, my three boys were here as well, so it was a nice day...
Old 03-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, hope you have a great time celebrating your anniversary at the B&B. Don't worry about the eating. You will get it where you want it to be. Just keep on keeping on!

Tony, I bet Amadora was irritated that her parents did not give you prior warning that she was coming for a visit. You know she missed having you talk silly talk to her all afternoon.

It is amazing how far you have come with that hip. I used to wince when you would talk about how much it hurt and how you had to limp all the time. It is so great that there is no sign now of your surgery!

Salad and hamburger for lunch today. I cooked up a pound of ground beef in large pieces so will probably have the same meals until it is gone.

Tammy, it is great that they finally diagnosed your DH with asthma and now he can go to the gym. I am off dairy for awhile as it was slowing me down. Drinking black coffee is hard but I drink it out of covered cup so I am pretending there is cream in it. lol

Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. Sorry I've been MIA...I've been tired and stressed and under a lot of pressure so I've been reading posts, but didn't respond.

This will be short and sweet - this weekend I'll make comments to everyone, but do know that I am reading and caring about you all.

Weigh-in day was today. Lost 2.8 pounds this past week for a total of 13.2 in 3 weeks. Not too shabby. I have a goal of 2 pounds per week so I'm ahead of the game.

Need to get to work.

TTFN
Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all, Happy Wednesday!

Vicki, you're here and staying plugged in....that's the main thing! Happy anniversary, I hope you have a FABULOUS time at the B & B!

Tony, that is so awesome that your hip is doing so much better.....maybe your surgeon can help out Abi's hubby!!! Its a shame you had to go work and miss Amadora....that had to be hard! Perhaps you can get some extra time with her the next few days.

Abi, even with a lid on my coffee I don't think I could drink it black!!! I have managed to dump the sugary coffee creamers by making the BPC....but I do put HWC and sugar free syrup in it still.

Marilee, congrats on the loss...you're doing GREAT!! I'm sorry you're so stressed at work, but good for you that you're not allowing that stress to derail your weight loss......that's what's always happened to me in the past, but I am bound and determined to NOT allow that to happen to me anymore.

Well kids, I hope everyone is having a great day
Old 03-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Tammy! I usually respond to stress by pigging out and eating wrong foods. I'm trying diligently to stop that pattern.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

WTG Marilee.

Thanks everyone. I did have to jump on the scale to check and see what damage I have done and was 257. Only up 4 lbs I think. But, need to pull in the reigns.

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2 254.6 253 253.4 257

Last edited by vli1127; 03-12-2014 at 02:43 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, CONGRATS girl!!!...way to go!...i'm so happy!

vicki, that's not much damage - now get back on track! :-)

tammy, i spent all day today with amadora and we had so much fun!...i taught her how to use her hands to grab things...emmy and sal were in awe - she'd never done that before!...she is so so so cute...another trick: now when she complains, i complain back at her and she stops immediately and starts laughing at me!...it's hilarious...

abs, you are so funny with the black coffee - you really make me laugh daily!

okay, today (or yesterday now) was my 55th birthday...it was going great until i got a call from a collection agency tonight that was hired by comcast to collect on a bill for an address in shreveport, louisiana set up using my name and ss#...either comcast messed up or someone has stolen my identity...my credit report looks perfect - i checked it tonight and the shreveport thing happened three days after a mixup with comcast at my nashville address last august, so one way or another it's comcast's fault!...

it really put a damper on the festivities, but 4 of my kids and three of their s.o. were here, so that was nice...tomorrow will be spent trying to resolve this major pain-in-the-butt issue!

Last edited by tony8; 03-12-2014 at 10:51 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 01:44 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Oh brother Tony, what a pain. Hope that gets cleared up fast. Identity theft is a big concern for all of us. By the way, Happy Belated Birthday! I forget our birthdays were so close. Mine was Saturday. I managed to keep it quiet at work but then my grandaughter, son in law and brother all posted about it on facebook. No secrets! lol

Vicki, you didn't fall very far off the wagon. You can drop that and more so quickly!

Marilee, wish your work wasn't so stressful but your staying on track really is very insprirational.

Tammy, wish Tony's surgeon could help DH too. They called from Dartmouth yesterday to move his appointment from yesterday to next week because of the snow storm. They had alot more snow up there. Today it is very windy but looks iike we only go an inch or less so far of snow. It is the ice that was supposed to hit the roads last night before the snow that has me concerned. I can't find out until 5:30am if our work is still on or delayed. So many of the folks live up on mountains in the area so it is always much worse for them to make the trip to work.

I will check back later if I get a snow day!

I have had one strict day behind me. Back to the No Rewards plan of Steven Guyanet. So I am eating ground beef, salads with no dressing and cold potatoes. lol He mentions having potatoes in his level 5 but the cold potatoes idea I got from some of these kind of threads, Potato hack question about Resistant Starch

I know, I'm a nut.

Last edited by Abigale; 03-13-2014 at 01:46 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, you are a nut, but we're both pisces so that explains some of it! :-) i forgot our birthdays were so close too!...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!: birthday:: birthday:

hopefully, this stupid identity issue is resolved quickly...i think it is something other than identity theft - namely ineptitude!

hope everyone has an awesome day!