Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quick check in. On board plane in Detroit. Eight hours to get to Amsterdam and a 1.5 hour layover. Excited and nervous. Down to 177.4 this AM!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all. We are getting rain Tammy had. It rained early this morning and then we got some a bit later and now we are having thunder and a down pour. We very rarely get rain that lasts all day, but we get intense bursts. The one now is intense. The wind is blowing the rain against the window and it is hard to see out.

No nuggets for yesterday or today. Yesterday I had only had 3 hours sleep so I worked through lunch (when I usually read) and left an hour early and today, I've been taking it easy...watching TV and getting caught up on sleep. I'll do my chores tomorrow.

Tony, I'm glad you are home safely.

Lori, if you can read this, have a wonderful trip!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Vicki, hot dogs and sauerkraut sound yummy, but there might be some water retention due to the salt, so be prepared for that.

Abi, your pasta looked yummy!

I had a gigantic porterhouse steak for lunch. So divine!

Nothing else much to report. I'm glad I'm not on the road right now - torrential!

TTYL

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:37 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Lori, excited you are on your way. It would be great if you are able to post during your trip. The internet is amazing!

Tammy, hope the rain helps the drought out there with little flooding. How was the cozy fire and movies yesterday?

Vicki, your meal sounded good especially the flax toast. I love toast!

Marilee, oh boy does that steak ever sound good! Hope your day was nice and relaxing listening to the rain outside.

Tony, hope that you had no hip or leg pain on your trip and that you are all rested up to get back to normal. Did you find the canteen truck you wanted?

Today the mass is in memory of Mom. Can't believe it will be 2 years this month. Some of the family will be there and more will be at the breakfast. Wish my brother in Georgia didn't live so far away. We will have alot of laughs and I will annoy everyone by taking a picture of them at the table. lol

Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 03-02-2014 at 04:38 AM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #394
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Well, I made a batch of cookies yesterday and was way off plan. However, I did make the italian sausage, Rotel and cream cheese thing for supper. I am getting kind of tired of all the cheese and fat, can you believe that? I am not sure if I want to give up the BPC but am looking at going to Fat Flush which eliminates dairy but allows one to two fruits per day and eliminates coffee. I am not sure if I am ready to give that up, oh, and the oil is EVOO or Flax, not coconut and butter. We will see what happens.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Abi, the fireplace and movies were wonderful!! Made for a very relaxing day. We watched World War Z, which actually was MUCH better than I expected, and another movie we'd never heard of but had one of our favorite actors....it was kind of lame, which is probably why no one ever heard of it! I made spaghetti for dinner with Dreamfields pasta....I don't know HOW they make that pasta so darn good and so low in carb, but I was still in full ketosis this morning, so I just don't question it anymore! How was the Mass? It's amazing that your mom has been gone for two years, I know you miss her!! I'm glad you're able the celebrate the wonderful memories and laugh!!

Vicki, What's the Italian sausage / cream cheese / rotel thing?? That sounds intriguing!! Homemade cookies would be my undoing.....I won't even allow the ingredients into the house so that temptation can't twist my arm in a moment of weakness!! I have learned from my past failures....the only foods allowed in here now are legal foods for my WOE.....period!

Marilee, that steak sounds AWESOME!!! I may have to grill some up today! We had one heck of a storm pass through here yesterday....unlike anything I've seen in a very long time, if it did not lose speed as it moved east you should be getting nailed with right about now....stay safe!!!

Lori, hope your flight was safe and that you're having a GREAT time!!!

Well, I'm heading out to get groceries shortly, I never made it out of the house yesterday as the weather was so bad, I hope everyone's having a great day!!
How's everyone else doing?

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy, 1 lb of italian sausage browned ( I also add onion and garlic), 1 pkg cream cheese, a can of Rotel and I add a bag of cole slaw mix.

Rotel/cream cheese/ground beef?

So my oldest son graduated from UND a year ago December in air traffic control. Then there was a sequester and just recently the FAA opened up the application process. He told me today he was rejected based on how questions were answered on some questionnaire. Didn't matter that he is a vet or that he has a decree in ATC I guess. How is that for a "how do you do?". Too specific for a degree to get anything else I suspect.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Tammy, we already had the storm...Friday night and Saturday. It's probably in the Midwest now.

Having a lazy Sunday. Watching all the The Bates Motel to get ready for the season start.

No much to report.

TTYL
Old 03-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, it's been a crazy weekend...amadora was here overnight on friday with the kids so we were enjoying her yesterday...today was a lot of mediation prep for tomorrow morning's mediation and i have another on wednesday...

lori, thanks for thinking of us at the airport! :-) have a great trip!

tammy, i'm surprised they even install fireplaces in that part of california!...sounds like a lovely way to spend a rainy day!...

marilee, will the desert start blooming after all that rain or is it still too early in the spring?

vicki, what the heck is wild game feed???...sorry about your son's application...is that decision final or can he apply again?...they should give them that questionnaire before they take the kids' tuition...sheesh!

abi, that pasta looks unbelievable!...so does your sauce - or gravy as we italians from RI call it...can't believe it has been two years since we lost your mom...i miss her too!...she was such a sweetheart - so witty and such a great sense of humor too...

so, how was the oatmeal this morning?

busy week ahead - i overcommitted myself to several things i will have to rush around to complete!...

i went to the gym this morning and had a great workout...my left knee is still a little sore but i ice it and the pain is bearable...my right leg is still numb but i'm not having any pain in my back or leg, so i'm gonna keep moving!...

today:
b: smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, mango and almond milk - yummy
l: toppings off a slice of pizza
d: steak tips and steamed broccoli and a few spoons of whole grain brown rice

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 03-02-2014 at 09:32 PM..
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

The grandkids in Missouri are out of school again today due to ice and snow. This is day 11 for them since the beginning of winter. They will be going all summer at this rate.

Tony, I used victoria marinara sauce. This was a suggestion of FF's a couple of years ago because it was so low in sugar. I really like the taste and texture of it. Boy, you are one busy person! Hope the mediation goes well this week.

Vicki, so sorry to hear about your son not getting that job. I am seeing alot on the news about companies that are making it their top priority to hire vets. Google military times jobs for vets and you can get an idea. I wish him luck!

Marilee, hope you enjoyed your rainy weekend. It won't be long before those 90 degree days will be approaching.

Tammy, we are always years away from watching any current movies but World War Z is one I want to catch sometime. Glad you had a cozy weekend.

We had a great time yesterday at breakfast. There were 11 of us there. DH came even though he did not feel well. I think he was surprised when the waitress said to me, " the usual?" lol

Hope you all have a great Monday. We thought at one point last week we could get 22 inches of snow today but phew, the storm went well below New England. I am sooo ready for spring.

Last edited by Abigale; 03-03-2014 at 03:10 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Quick check in, things are ridiculously busy today as it's Monday AND the first of the month!! I have well over $100k in rent to process and my system is down, not allowing me to process a thing!!! Then, my BEST maintenance tech just came in and give me his two weeks notice, a rival management company offered him WAY more money than I compete with and of course he's got to take it....I would too in his position.....but it still puts me in a bad spot! Oh my goodness....what a Monday!!

Abi, I don't blame you for being tired of the snow.....I'm tired of it for you! Glad so many people turned out for your breakfast, that sounds like an awesome time!!

Tony, that sounds like a fabulous time with Amadora and the kids!! Yes, our community is a really nice luxury community, so they built fireplaces in all of the apartments.....which we love, we use it ALL the time!!! Good luck with your mediations, I know you'll do great!

Vicki, That is such a bummer about your son!! I've heard that sort of thing time again with those lengthy application processes, hopefully he'll get a chance to reapply.

Marilee, glad those storms moved on through....they were pretty crazy and intense! You should have some lovely cactus flowers popping up before too much longer though!

Well kids I'd best get back to work and see what else Monday holds in store for me....I'm certain that this afternoon will be MUCH better!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

We didn't go to the Wild Game Feed due to the weather. We would have had the opportunity to try wild game: deer, turtle, rabbit you name it, I guess. Fixed in who knows how many ways. Maybe next year.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, vicki, now i get it...you were listing an event, not an actual meal for dinner...hmmm...not sure i could eat a turtle :-)

tammy, it sucks when you lose a key person...sorry to hear that...hope your afternoon was a lot better...haha

abs, was hubby's back bothering him?...what does his doc say about why he isn't feeling better?...11 for breakfast sounds like fun :-) my son is leaning toward keene state...he has been out there a few times and likes the area...do you know anyone who went there and what is your opinion?...he got into the business school at unh which is where his two brothers and i went, so he may want to do something different...i will support whatever he decides...

emmy brought amadora over again today, so i saw her on friday, saturday and monday...i can't get enough of her...she LOVES me and gets all excited when she sees me...she smiles and kicks and waves her arms when i talk to her - i'm hooked!...my three boys were here too...here's what she looked like an hour ago when we packed her up to leave!...is she cute or am i delusional?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10 weeks old carseat 3-3-14.jpg (25.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-04-2014, 03:30 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Just lost my post half way through it! ugh

Tony, Amadora is beyond cute - she is beautiful! I don't know anyone who went to Keene State so can't give you any feed back on that. DH has not felt well for a long time. He had an MRI done wed. but his Dr. is on vacation so we don't have any results yet.

Tammy, bless your heart! What a hectic monday you had. When I would have a custodian quit at the resort I worked at in Alabama I would almost have a nervous breakdown. lol I would have to do their job plus mine until I could get another one hired and trained. Hope you find another person soon!

Vicki, I have tasted frogs legs, shark, venison, rabbit and quail but never turtle. Maybe you can make it next year.

I am making oopsie rolls this morning to take with a salad and cooked ground turkey.
Have a great day gang!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids!

Tony, you are not delusional....that child is BEAUTIFUL....and way beyond cute!! Of course she loves you.....what's not to love?!?! You are so blessed to get to see her so often and have your boys there as well.

Abi, I just made a batch of oopsie rolls the other day, they came out really good....have you used them to make French toast? That was a real winner!!!

Vicki, Wild game feed.....that sounds interesting.....I'm not much of a game person....that would be an interesting way to try new foods though without really committing to them. The craziest thing I've ever eaten was alligator....I didn't really care for it, but that could have just been the way it was prepared.

Well I survived Monday, had to work a 10 hour day, but we made it through and my eating was on plan. I have no idea what my menu will be like today, DD and her fiancé are coming over again today, so they may want to go out. We shall see. I can tell you that whatever I DO eat will be on plan!!

Have a great day!!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, guys!...emmy texted me today and told me that amadora was actually laughing today for the first time...i miss her little face!

tammy, happy you made it through your day yesterday...hope you get to relax a little tonight with your dd...let us know where you go for dinner :-)

hey abs, i feel so badly for your hubby...he has to be a very strong person not to let this long term pain get him completely down...hope they find a way to help him soon!...did you add anything to the ground turkey?...i love ground turkey - i use it in my chili a lot and like turkey burgers too, dipped in mustard...

i ate alligator gumbo at the rum boogie cafe on beale street in memphis...it was shredded and you couldn't distinguish it from the rest of the gumbo...it was actually tasty...

well, my mediation yesterday got postponed and my mediation tomorrow got postponed...i have two more scheduled for friday, and those are in court so i'm keeping my fingers crossed...if i ever have my own practice, i am going to come up with some creative ways to avoid all these cancellations!...

i have two prospective tenants i am meeting with on thursday - one is a crafting store and the other is two women looking to open their second spinning studio...either would be a good fit, i think, but i may like the spinning classes better as they complement the planet fitness gym that's already there...

i have planned a family gathering at a restaurant in RI this saturday afternoon so the members of my family who haven't seen amadora yet, can meet her...there may be as many as 65 people!...should be fun!
Old 03-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh yeah and i went to the gym this morning and had a good workout...plan to go again on thurs and sat...
Old 03-05-2014, 03:35 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Running late today. Need to get the trash organized for DH to drive to the end of the drive. His MRI showed alot of compression in his lower back. His Dr. is going to set up another appointment at Dartmouth with his back surgeon. Don't know what else they can do for him. We shall see.

Oopsies and salad today for the most part. It is an Ash Wednesday semi fast day for me.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

happy ash wednesday, abs...no wonder your hubby is in pain...i wonder if one of those tilt-tables would help?...my son says he used one and it helped him...

today is a songwriting day with some mediation paperwork sprinkled in...what a combination! :-)

hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning! You all are so newsy..I need to post more individual posts later.

But one for Vicki, so sorry about DS. I'm hoping and praying that something will open up for him.

Good news - down 1.6 pounds this week for a total of 10.4 since my restart two weeks ago. I was hoping for more, but a loss is a loss

Must get to work. I'll check in later.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, you have lost over 10 lbs in two weeks!!!???...that's amazing!....you better be happy with that or i'm gonna come out there and throw you a pizza and ice cream party!...

i spoke to ff this morning...he sounds good - he took a fall in his apt., but avoided injury...he is going to get to the library by friday to check in here and post...he misses everyone and is looking forward to seeing the photos of amadora - he's so cute - he said it will make his day to see her...

no writing yet today - ended up at the building getting some stuff done ahead of my meetings there tomorrow...

made baked salmon last night and making beef stew tonight...

how is everyone's day going?
Old 03-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids!

Oh my I am so tired today....I have been having real trouble sleeping the past few days and it is catching up with me big time!! DH is having the same problem.....I'm not sure if it's our metabolisms burning or what, but I am averaging about 3 hours of sleep per night lately!! And on top of that we finally got the sheriff out today for an eviction of one of the residents who has been a MAJOR problem (junkie) and I knew the apartment would be bad.....it was beyond bad.....he had let his dog destroy the place.....the smell was so horrific that the sheriffs deputies and my maintenance crew were all gagging.....thank heavens he's gone, but this apartment will costs THOUSANDS of dollars to repair!! Some people suck.

Abi, I'm sorry DH is having so much trouble with his back!! Tony's idea of the tilt table sounds like a good one, I've heard of those....perhaps that would help ease some of the compression?

Tony, mediation and songwriting....how blessed are you to be able to do things that you so clearly enjoy and are so very clearly gifted to do!!! I'm so glad you talked to FF, I miss him!!! I wish he'd get set up again with a computer at home....at least an I-pad!

Marilee, You are doing GREAT.....I am so proud of you for pulling yourself back together and regaining your focus!! You can do this.....we're all here to help each other through!

Lori, I hope you're having a WONDERFUL trip!!! Come home safe and sound!

Well, I'd best get back to work....hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats Marilee.

I am too exhausted to post anything today. Got a letter from DIL saying she forgave me but had to tell my what I did wrong again. Emotional wreck again for me. When will this ever stop.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Sure is quiet on here today. I don't have much to report, either.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!!

Wow, it is quiet here today!! I hope everyone's doing well. All is well here in Sunny California, I slept well last night and am having a much more sane day at work today.

Vicki, sorry the letter was so emotionally charged....try to focus on the positive in it and hopefully this is a sign that you can all move forward.

Hope everyone's having a great day!!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, glad you had a good night's sleep last night and things were better at work.

Vicki, sorry about the letter from your DIL. This is a case of just having to turn the other cheek I think. Hopefully, this will be the last time she brings it up.

Hey Tony and Marilee! Hope you both had a good day!

Will catch you all in the morning!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

what happened to you today, abs?...haha!

tammy, i almost gagged just reading about that apartment!...hope you get better rest tonight...

vicki, she is upset about something else now?...sheesh...it's obvious you are trying and that you value your relationship with them...i'm sure she's nice - she's just young and sometimes young people just don't get that life is too short to latch onto every little thing...i hope her daughter-in-law (when she has one) is a little thicker-skinned than she is!...try not to get upset about it and demonstrate the tolerance you hope she learns...

hey marilee, where are those nuggets? :-)

busy day at work at the building...lengthy meetings with two prospective tenants among other things...i rejected one offer from two nice girls with a business i was not too sure about...met with another pair of young mothers who are looking to open their second spinning studio location...they are very nice and LOVED the space...i think we will try to meet again this weekend around my RI-amadora-unveiling mission...i miss that little fidget!

no time for the gym today...i will go sometime on the weekend...

lori, hope you are having fun!

Last edited by tony8; 03-06-2014 at 08:20 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 01:49 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, it will be such fun to show Amadora off to the RI family this weekend! Hope you all have a wonderful time.

We had an all company meeting yesterday morning. It was very interesting to see how we are doing and what the projections are for the year. We are going to open our first satellite store this summer in Connecticut. It will be in a large mall at the top of the escalator on the 2nd floor. We think it should do well. More candles for me to make and more job security!

One thing they showed us in the architect's drawing was a full window LED screen they can control from our plant office. One minute it could show a beautiful video of a field of lavender with our lavender scented candles on tables in the forefront and then it could show tweets from people who have comments to make about our candles. This would all be for mall shoppers just walking by on their way to the food court. Very exciting. They even mentioned maybe renting a bus to take us all down to the grand opening in August!

DH and I need to go pick up some wood this weekend that he had bought last month. He does not feel strong enough to do this by himself so that is our project for tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great Friday Blitzers!

Hi FF if you are checking in this week!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #418
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the support everyone. I think I finally have to let her go. I suspect that my son still loves me but I may never get hers although she says she has forgiven me etc. I called them last night and offered to pay for a plane ticket for her to come back to Iowa with him in July. We will see what happens. Apparently, money wasn't the issue. She planned to come back at Thanksgiving anyways which would put it at one year. I suppose I need to just let it go.

After "binging" for about a week or two now I am ready to start eating better. I feel fat and that should say something.

B-Cottage cheese, strawberries, coffee with cream
L-Chili, veggies
S-Don't know yet.

Exercise - Vintage Gilad Bodies in Motion 2 episodes

It is finally above freezing here and the temps are supposed to get to 40's - 50's this weekend Wahoo.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #419
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
rumors of my untimely demise, are for the time being,

somewhat exaggerated. i made an appt with the accupuncturist. she is on vacation. she used to be my phys ther. doctor, but she is now at another hospital....in the SAME building as the B & N. TALK ABOUT KILLING 2 BIRDS WITH 1 STONE. She is on vacation now, but i will be one of the 1st persons she sees, on her first day back. Perhaps, I should bring her a sedative. Looking fwd to St. Pat's. Must look for my green hat from last year, and my John McCormack CDs. I hope to be back here next week, and catch up on your posts. Have a great weekend y'all! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Tony, what a fabulous time you'll be having this weekend!! No doubt everyone will fall in love with Amadora!

Vicki, what Tony had to say is so right, demonstrate the grace you hope she one day develops. You can not control how she will or will not respond, you can only love your son and out of respect for him reach out to her with as much grace as possible. After that it's up to them.

ABi, what exciting news about your candle company!! It's always nice to work with an organization that's growing and moving.....and how fun if they rented a bus to take you all to the grand opening!! Good luck with the wood, it's a shame that DH is struggling so! Be careful that you don't hurt yourself picking up that wood!

FF, it's SO GOOD to see you!!! Glad to know you're doing well, I hope your trip to the acupuncturist goes well! I am a firm believer in the value of GOOD acupuncture!

Well kids, all is going well here, I'm headed off to work....beautiful sunny skies and 65 degrees today. (Don't hate me) I hope everyone is having a great day!!