Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Abi, that's scary! I'm glad you could go home safely and have DH take care of the problem.

Yesterday was sad...one of our clients that I have been worked with and been the AE for passed away yesterday. That ministry is like family to me - I even went down there several years ago at Thanksgiving and spent a week with his assistant, who is a friend. The good news is, I didn't go off plan. I stayed faithful and the results showed on the scale this morning. Tomorrow is official weigh-in day, but I think I'm down like 8 since last Wednesday.

My sister and her SO are off today for an African safari. They will be gone until March 11th. I hope the trip is everything they want it to be - it sounds like fun, but not my cup of tea....I'm more of a Europe/Greece/British Isles gal.

TTYL

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Oh my goodness Abi, so glad you're safe!!!!! Hopefully Hubby can get that resolved for you.

Marilee, so sorry about your client!! Good for you staying on track and losing though....you're doing great! How's the book going?

Yes, I have no doubt that Tony and family are having a wonderful trip....hopefully they have great weather to enjoy while in Nashville!!

How's everyone else doing?

Things are good here, survived Monday, and headed off to work today! Everyone have a GREAT day!!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Hi all!

Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected under the various circumstances.

I'm hanging in there. Weight is still up and down, but I've been on plan.

Happy Tuesday.
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was going to share a nugget but I want to give credit to the author and I don't know if I'm permitted to do so. I don't want to be black balled on the website. If you want a nugget, send me a PM and I'll share it with you.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Hey guys, great to see everyone is motivated and staying on plan!...awesome job....

My internet access is spotty here so I will be brief...

Lori, I hope you have a wonderful trip to Prague...I've never been off this continent, so that sounds like a real adventure!...too funny about your son mooning you!

Vicki, you are doing great...sometimes our bodies just need to plateau for awhile...keep doing what you're doing...

Marilee, sorry to hear about your client, but so happy to see you feeling better and more chatty...I Love when you are doing well - seems we all do better. ;-)

Tammy, your drive up the coast made me miss California...it truly is one of the most beautiful and diverse states and I've seen em all except Hawaii...

Abi, that had to be so scary...hope hubby was ok driving...was it the master cylinder?...happy you enjoyed the waffles at the frontside on Sunday!...

Trip has been nice so far...was supposed to record songs on Thursday but that got postponed so this is just a pleasure trip...did go to see a concession trailer manufacturer today as ds and I are thinking about setting one up at the building this summer...long story...they are so cool...like a commercial kitchen on wheels!...

had dinner with Sarah tonight and then she came over to watch movies...tomorrow she will join us on a day trip somewhere, but we don't know where yet...

Stay strong and have fun this week kids!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:37 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hey Blitzers! DH got my car to the garage without incident and it was a hole in the brake line. He told his buddy to check the car over good as it has to be inspected in March and they found another bad problem. I want to say it was a wheel bearing. They wanted to fix it today but DH has an MRI today so we will switch car/truck again tomorrow and get that fixed.

Tony, sorry about your session getting cancelled but nice you and the family can have more of a pleasure trip. Cool about maybe having a concession trailer at your building this summer.

Tammy, nice new profile picture!

Hope everyone has sent Marilee a pm to read her good nugget. Thanks Marilee!

I am out of bratwurst so have not decided what to bring for lunch today. Don't worry, I won't go hungry. lol

Have a great day gang! FF, we need to hear from you. Don't become a recluse now!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:19 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

Tony - glad you are having a great time with your family

Abi - So glad you found out what going on with the car and avoided the next calamity by gettting it inspected

Everyone else

Down on the scale today. Still eating on plan, with not even any little cheats! YAY!

Made some fat bombs last night. YuMMY!

Crazy busy as usual!

to all!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

So nice to hear from Tony! I'm so glad you are having a good time and kind of glad the songwriting session was cancelled - it's nice to have some down time and relax.

Doing the happy dance - down 8.8 pounds since last Wednesday. Since I've started reading the book I mentioned, I'm hoping that it will help, because obviously, I need help staying motivated and committed, especially with so much to lose.

I'll be reading my book at lunch and will see if there is another "aha" nugget I can pass on. I guess everyone's "aha" is different, but it may help.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Tony, so glad to hear the trip is going well!! Sometimes those schedule changes offer the most wonderful spontaneous opportunities......sounds like a great time with your family!

Lori, great job on the loss and staying on track!! I love fat bombs....they make it so much easier for me to stay on track!

Abi, so glad they fixed your break line!! Car trouble can be so frustrating!! And yes, I definitely PM's Marilee about the nugget.....I will gladly share in all the wisdom that is offered!

Marilee, thanks for the nugget and WAY TO GO on 8.8 pounds lost!!! That's AWESOME!!!

Everything is good here, DD and her fiancé are coming over to spend the day as they both have the day off of work. I'm working but I'll take a long lunch to spend some time with them. We're going to a BBQ place for lunch to celebrate DS 25th B-day.....I can't even fathom that my son is 25.....I don't even know how that happened as I SWEAR I just brought him home from the hospital last week!!! At any rate, I picked the restaurant because I know I can eat totally on plan....Tri-Tip roast and salad! I shall report back later and let you know how it all goes.

Happy Hump Day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 02-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee - Send me a PM with your "little nugget". I need one about now! Congrats on the loss!

Tammy - That lunch sounds wonderful, the food and the visitors!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have another nugget for today!

Lori, I'll PM you both. If anyone else wants it, PM me.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm finding a lot of nuggets....if you like them, I did find the book available on the internet, if you are interest. In them meantime, I'll keep sending them.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Why can't you share nuggets on here? I certainly could use some. I am on a downward spiral since weighing my self and finding out that I hadn't lost in 3 weeks. It's like I decided WTH, the numbers aren't going down so why try.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I think if you just type in the nugget and say who wrote it there should not be a problem. I think putting in links that compete with the companies that support lcf can be the problem. I could be wrong? Fantastic about this week's weight loss!!

Tammy those kids do grow up so fast! Your tri tip roast and salad sounds like a delicious lunch. Know you had a great time.

Lori, what day did you say you were flying out? Wishing you a wonderful time!

Vicki, don't give up the ship! Tell DH to hide that scale and go back to trying to get into some pants that are just a little snug. Make sure you are eating healthy and as low carb as possible. It will all work out in time.

Tony, when are you flying back home? We are sure you are having a great time but know you need that Amadora fix soon! lol

Cooked up some mild Italian sausage last night. Pasta maker has not arrived yet so may put a little marinara sauce on it and bring some for lunch.

DH is getting my wheel bearing fixed today so I will be driving the truck to work. Have a great day Blitzers!
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee - I agree with Abi, I've see people post nuggets with authors and not get zapped by the LCF police.

Vicki - Hang in there! I've been the world's worst this year about giving in when the scale didn't give it up, so I can empathize with you. Just take it one day at a time with your weight loss plan and before you know it you will be 10 or 15 or 20 days on plan.

Abi - I am going to start contracting you to make LC meals for me and the fam. Need a second job?

No movement on the scale last night. But I think I had too many glasses of water too late last night about 3-4 between 9 and 11. Eek!

Getting organized to leave Saturday. Taking practice exams for my customs broker license. DH got home last night from Canada. Taking the kids out to dinner tonight to spend some time with them before I leave. Not sure how we are going to break it to my 3 yo DS. He's a momma's boy. DH says they will all be ok, and I know they will. I just can't help but be nervous. Ugh!

Have a great day Blitzers!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 02-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Why can't you share nuggets on here? I certainly could use some. I am on a downward spiral since weighing my self and finding out that I hadn't lost in 3 weeks. It's like I decided WTH, the numbers aren't going down so why try.
Vicki, as I mentined in an earlier post, I am quoting and giving the name of the author and the book title and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that. But, I'll take everyone's advise and post a nugget:

"Motivations driven by emotions are not sustainable", Dr. Andersen

Last edited by Gibby; 02-27-2014 at 06:31 AM..
Old 02-27-2014, 08:26 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys, limited internet is why I'm not around this week too much...all is well...and I'm caught up on your posts...

Vicki, we love you and are all in the same boat with its ups and downs...don't quit - maintain and build on your losses and it will get easier...

Lori, we will miss you while you are gone but have a great trip...you'll have lots to tell the kids when you return and it will spur them to seek adventures as they get older...

Hi Tammy, you are setting such a great example for this blitz!...you will look great at the wedding. ;-)

Marilee, please share the nuggets with me - either pm or in the thread...I love that stuff...and good for you for sticking with the program!

Abs, we fly back tomorrow - Friday...is the weather gonna cooperate there?...Emmy and a adore are supposed to pick us up at the airport...she insisted!

Having fun hanging with Sarah...it's been a very relaxing week...nothing musical yet, but Sarah works tonight and the rest of us may hit a songwriters night somewhere...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony and Vicki, here is the nugget from yesterday:

"There is a reason why 85 percent of people who go on diets to lose weight gain it back within two years. They weren't focused on creating optimal health. They were only focused on solving a problem they were running away from. See the difference? What I'm proposing is to create, generate, and live in optimal health."

Lor and Abi, sorry for all the typos on yesterdays. I'm a bit fuzzy brained this week - loss of sleep and mourning the loss of my friend/client. I'll be glad when it's Friday at 4:30 PM!!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Abi, the lunch was WONDERFUL and we had a great time!! I love Italian sausage! In fact one of my favorite omelets I make with Italian sausage, a little marinara and mozzarella cheese!

Lori, You must be SO EXCITED about leaving this weekend!! Outside of the Caribbean and Mexico I've never been outside of the country....take lots of pictures to share, I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Marilee, I LOVE todays nugget.....that is SO TRUE!! I have learned over the years that emotions CHANGE....and they frequently mislead us if we do not carefully scrutinize them before taking action!! This is a GREAT book you're reading!!

Tony, what a nice family trip you're having, those times are so special!! I have no doubt that Amadora is anxious for you to come home!!!

Vicki, please don't give up and get frustrated....look how far you HAVE come....you can do this and we're all here to support you!!

Today has been a little trying......I had to have oral surgery this morning. I've had a tooth that has just been a problem for over 15 years (NOT KIDDING) and I've had so many dentists over the years just REFUSE to extract it.....it just got to where it was no longer salvageable.....so I finally found a dentist who took one look at it and said "well this is ridiculous, this thing has to go!!" I must confess they did a fabulous job, very quick and relatively pain free. I've been sleepy all day, but no real pain. I took the day off of work because I really didn't know what to expect.....and I'm glad I did, it's been nice to just chill out. I haven't really been able to eat solid foods though, so I figured this was a perfect day for a fat fast.....what the heck right?!?!

Well, Happy Friday eve, I hope everyone is having a GREAT evening!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #380
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks all, will try to get back in the groove.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:20 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Vicki! Hang in there even if you have to kick and scream sometimes. We all go through that. Glad we all don't at the same time! lol

Marilee, another great nugget! Words of wisdom for sure.

Tony, have a safe trip home and don't squeeze on your welcoming committee too hard!

Tammy, glad you finally found a dentist that would take care of the tooth and you got in a fast day to boot!

Lori, safe trip!

My car is fixed and my pasta maker arrived yesterday. I was too tired to experiment yet but will tomorrow and will give you my impressions and maybe post some pictures.

More sausage and marinara sauce for lunch today. Have a wonderful Friday Blitzers!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:03 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, everyone! I am excited and nervous about travelling tomorrow. I haven't been overseas in about 20 years. It will be quite the adventure.

Scale was cooperative today with a mini .2 lb drop. But a drop is a drop and I will take it.

Abi - I expect to read all about the fresh pasta soon. So glad you got your vehicle repaired and ready to go!

Tony - Safe travels back

Everyone else -

packing, wrapping up things at work, finishing taxes.

Had a great night out to dinner with the kids and my oldest boys gf. Lots of fun and just talk and hanging out.

I was looking forward to it, because everyone was together for once with just FUN on the agenda.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:25 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, enjoy every minute of your adventure, the kids will be fine and I'm sure they'll have funny stories when you get back about how your dh messed things up...haha!

Tammy, hope the tooth is still feeling good today - you're a trooper...

Abs, I'm trying to talk Emmy into just picking us up from a bus stop in nh so she doesn't have to drive into Boston at rush hour with the baby...we shall see!...in any event, I will get my squeezes in...lol...plane is supposed to leave here at 12:25 cst and get into Logan at 3:45 est...I hope so!...are we supposed to get another snowstorm soon???....sheesh!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids!

Vicki, You can do this!!! A 13 pound loss is NOTHING to sneeze at!! Stay with us here!!

Abi, lol....yes you are correct, it's really good we don't all go through our stress at the same time....what a group we'd be then!!! I can't wait to hear about your pasta!!

Lori, I am so excited for you!! I hope you get a chance to spend at least a little R&R at a nice European spa....a massage, or facial....something!!

Tony, the tooth is doing great....I must admit the oral surgeon did a GREAT job!! I really haven't had any pain....a little discomfort and minor swelling, but really overall it's feeling great! I think I'll stick with the Fat Fast for a day or two while I have to be on soft foods....might as well!!

I am happy to report that I am officially down 21 pounds since I rejoined at the first of the year!!!! I think that THIS time I FINALLY have figured out the right combination for my body....I am feeling GREAT, and for the first time in as long as I can remember I honestly know that THIS TIME is MY TIME!! I have a LOOOOONG way to go....but I'm getting there!! It's been YEARS since I've lost 21 pounds.....next stop....Onederland!!!

Well kids, have a GREAT Friday!! I'll check in later!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Tony - safe travels!

Tammy - So great about your weight loss. Very exciting.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey kids,
back in nh safe and sound and not much colder than i was in nashville!

hope everyone's having a great friday night!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, what a great way to spend time with your whole family. I bet DH and the whole family will really appreciate you when you get home!

Tammy, we are so proud of your sticking with your plan and having such great success!

Tony, glad you are home safe and sound and getting your Amadora fix!

I got my pasta maker washed and put together and made two small batches of spagetti. One I made with the recipe I posted here using glucomann and oat fiber. The other I used lupin flour. I haven't boiled them yet and given them the taste test yet. I will let you know!

Talk to you all later!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Well gang, here are my two experiments with the pasta maker. The light pasta is the recipe I posted here earlier with glucomann and oat fiber and the darker yellow one was made with lupin flour and was just a standard pasta recipe with an egg, water, oil. I boiled them both in chicken bullion and boiled one for 2 minutes and the lupine for 3. The glucomann one had a neutral taste but had a bit of the slime factor like people posted about. It did not hold up well enough to twirl. They say it works and tastes better to leave it uncooked for a day or two in the frig so I will try it again. The lupin flour one stayed together very well, maybe should have boiled it one more minute. It has a fairly strong flavor even with the marinara sauce. I may try a recipe that combines both of the recipes. Anyway, I will try this again when I am in the mood for pasta. I really want to try the rigatoni attachement!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (34.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (36.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (57.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, thanks for posting your experiments with the pasta.

Well, today I have had:

B-2 eggs and flax foccacia toast
L-2 hot dogs, sauerkraut and a tossed salad
S-nuts and cheese
D-Wild Game Feed

Exercised for 45 minutes.

It snowed about 3-4 inches last night and it started again just now. I am so sick of snow. It's March for crying out loud. In like a lion out like a lamb.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday peeps!

Tony, welcome back!! I'll bet you and DW were ever so happy to have some Amadora snuggles!!!

Abi, the pasta looks amazing......I'll bet you can get that recipe dialed in and make some amazing pasta!! We could practically live on spaghetti around here....I've been using the dreamfields pasta and am very impressed with it. I am extremely careful though to do very tiny portions!!

Vicki, what a great menu and exercise plan today......glad to see you doing well....keep it up and you WILL achieve your goals!

Marilee, how about a nugget or two today?!?!

Lori, safe travels!!!

FF....you still out there???

Well kids, it's after noon hereon the coast......we've been pummeled with some pretty torrential rain yesterday and today, which is highly unusual for us....but we have needed it. I think today is a perfect day for building a fire in the fire place and watching movies. What's everyone else doing?