Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning!

Abi, the western egg sandwich sounds wonderful....except the onions, I don't do onions! I can not believe the weather you're having there! Please be super safe on the roads! The recipe for the crepes is below. (Super easy!!)

Lori, that's Walden farms sugar free (everything free) maple syrup drizzled on the crepes. I am so glad your water test came back clean....the thought of bad water is very disconcerting to me! At least the flu bug can be more easily dealt with, though I'm sorry it's hitting your whole family.

Ok, here's the recipe for the crepes:

Mix 4 eggs, 4 ounces of cream cheese, 2 Tablespoons of ground flax meal, a dash of cinnamon and about 1 - 2 teaspoons of splenda in a bowl. It will be thin like crepe batter. Ladle the crepes out one at a time into your pan with plenty of butter melted in it. That's it! They cook relatively quickly and when you flip it to cook the other side it's kind of like flipping an omelet because they are a little spongey. This recipe made 7 crepes.

The filling: (My hubby was eating this right out of the bowl!)
8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of HWC and enough of your favorite Torani or other flavored syrup or splenda, plus a dash of vanilla to sweeten to your likeness all whipped together. This made way more than enough filling for all 7 crepes PLUS left a bunch leftover for DH & DS to snack on later.

Next time I make these I'd like to try a little of the walden farms fruit spread on them, as I like fruit with my crepes, but the maple syrup was super good too.

Have a great day kids!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I'll check back later and make more comments, but Tony, it isn't snowing here....that was a post from Vicki....I know, getting old sucks, doesn't it?
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hahahaha!...marilee, i am getting old, i guess...did i just admit that???...

lori, happy to hear it's not your home environment causing the problems with your bellies over there...stomach viruses are the worst of all viruses in my opinion...congrats on the loose pants...if they fall down, post a pic...haha! ;-)

tammy, you might not believe this, but i've never had a crepe - ever!...they do look yummy!...nice work getting rid of the candy...i bought dw some for v-day and i did eat three pieces over this last week - completely my fault!

i did weigh in at 233 this morning which was down .2 from last friday...as marilee would say, "woo-hoo!"...haha...but at least it's not a gain...

abi, hope you got that delay and that the drive in to work was safe...

well, went to court today, but no family cases as it is a judges conference or something like that...kinda threw my plans off, but i had brought my gym clothes as i planned a workout this afternoon and did it this morning instead...yesterday i did A LOT of shoveling and the snow was heavy and last night i felt a pop in my back and some pain on the opposite side from last time...it wasn't too bad and was not there this morning, so there was no way i was skipping the gym...my attitude is that if i'm going down, i'm going down while moving!

okay, back to work for me - this has become a songwriting day - putting the final touches on a couple i hope to record next week in nashville...see y'all later on!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
The alfredo sauce with the spaghetti squash and turkey tasted like turkey tetrazini, pretty good. We had leftover tonight. I didn't get around to making the biscuits though, I forgot. Tonight I made the jello and cream cheese dessert using SF cranberry jello.

We ended up getting 4" of snow, very wet and heavy too. Now back into the deep freeze. I am ready to move south.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it's raining here...tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the 50s!

in my defense marilee, you and vicki have the whole shamrock thing going on... :-)
Old 02-22-2014, 03:42 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
We didn't get the delay to start work yesterday but the roads were ok and I didn't slip around thank goodness!

Tony, hope your two songs catch the ear of some country star and go right to the top!

Vicki, I made an orange and heavy cream jello mix last week and loved it especially the cream layer. I bet the cranberry with cream cheese was very good too!

Ha Ha Marilee, I noticed Tony got your posts mixed up and figured it was from having the similar St. Patrick profile pics. I laughed to myself. Although didn't you have cold, slushy day once last year?

Tammy, I am going to try that crepe recipe for sure! Yum!

The pasta extruder did not arrive yet so I may make a small batch of the pasta dough and roll it real thin between sheets of parchment or plastic wrap sprayed with some oil and then cut it into fettuccine style noodles and boil for a taste test.

Lori, glad that the stomach virus is not from your water supply and glad your family is feeling better. Already worrying about them is par for the course for being a Mom. All you can do is pray extra hard and then have a wonderful time in Prague.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, we are Heinz 57 as far as our heritage. We do have a bit of Irish in us Ha, ha.

Been up with the chickens; Treadmill and exercise bike, chapter read out of The Story for tomorrow, almond butter, flax foccacia bread, coleslaw with homemade mayo and chicken marinating for Chik-Fil-A bites. Is it time for bed yet?

Abi, what pasta recipe are you using?

I was actually able to walk on tread at 2.7 mph for 30 minutes, yea. I have been averaging 2.3-2.5 MPH, so this is encouraging. My stamina is building up. This is my exercise for Saturday mornings because then when I am on the bike I can read the chapter out of the book we are studying for Sunday School.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
Old 02-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, that is awesome!...that's a nice pace for 30-minutes...good for you!...if you keep that up, i guarantee you will feel stronger and healthier over time and will have more stamina to do the routine things in life without getting exhausted...i'm proud of you! :-)

abs, what do you have going on this weekend?...has the mudroom aired out yet?...haha!...that orange and heavy cream jello sounds really good...do you use sugar free?...

not sure what's going on today...trying to avoid work, actually...not sure i will succeed, but so far it has been playing guitar and spending two hours in the hot tub this morning, sooooooo ya never know! :-)

wish i had the ambition to make it to boston - there's a big home show and boat show at two different places this weekend...then it's nashville on monday...already made appts. to take sarah's car in for maintenance and new tires on her days off...she needs daddy to help her for some strange reason - even when they are on their own there are certain things they seem to wait for me to help them with... :-)

hope y'all enjoy this beautiful day - at least here it is bright, sunny and in the 50s...getting spring fever!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. Feeling good today. Although I'm back where I started weight wise, I dropped 3 pounds this week. It feels so good to be back on track...wish I could figure out why I go off.

I don't know what Vicki's mom brings to the table, but my side of the family is Scots, Irish and English with a drop of German/Pennsylvania Dutch.

Tony, I knew it was a shamrock thing, but wanted to pull your chain

I promise today I'll read every word of the past posts. Probably too much to comment on, but at least I'll be up to speed on all of the details.

The couple I hired to clean my house were supposed to come today for their second visit. She called to say they had split up and she needed a week or two to get her life under control. So, I will do some upkeep until she's ready. So, I better get to it - my back and knee are already sore and I haven't done anything except 2 loads of laundry. I'll take some pain meds and put some cream on my knee and that should help.

TTYL

Marilee
Old 02-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

I didn't know about the Pennsylvania Dutch. I get native American from mom, Monomonee tribe, very little though.

Marilee, so glad you are back. Darn it all with the knee pain.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids, Happy Saturday!!

Abi, Heavy cream jello? Do share please!!! I can't wait to hear about the pasta!

Tony, Have you noticed that our kids never seem to outgrow their need for us? My Stepson is 35 and very independent....yet when it comes to car work, landlord issues, etc he still calls Dad for advice and assistance! That's ok, it's nice to be needed and feel relevant in their lives isn't it?!?!

Marilee, so glad you're doing better!! Sorry about the knee. That's crazy about your cleaning couple....hopefully she doesn't bail on you completely!

Vicki, Wow....you are on fire!! WTG with the exercise....you remind me I need to get up and move more....which reminds me....

GUESS WHAT GUYS????? I got word that NEXT MONTH we're going to build a BRAND NEW fitness center here at the apartment community that I manage!!! I have been wanting them to do this for so long!!! We have a BEAUTIFUL luxury community here with a pool and Jacuzzi......but no fitness center, it was silly. So we're going to totally renovate my leasing center and put a fitness center with brand new equipment in. It will be small, but it will be brand new!! And it will be right next to my office, so I can go in early before everything opens and work out....for FREE!! And to make it better, I have my own private bathroom in my office complete with a shower....not part of the office or gym at all.....so I can totally shower and get ready for work after my work out in the privacy of my own bath. Seriously, I will have NO EXCUSES for not working out once the build out is complete!

Well, I'm off to start my Saturday.....think maybe I'll make a Quiche this weekend....have to ponder the possibilities!

Have a great weekend, I'll check in later!
Old 02-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, tammy, congratulations on the fitness center!...watch your feeling of wellness skyrocket once you have the opportunity to work out regularly...sounds like the PERFECT situation...

spent most of the day chopping ice in the driveway.................
Old 02-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gang! Just checking in.

Tammy and Tony, I used Linda Sue's creamsicle recipe for the orange jello and heavy cream.CREAMSICLE JELLO - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Vicki, I plan to use post #447 by Yummo on this site
Pasta Dough for KitchenAid Pasta Press
when I get my pasta extruder to make spagetti.

WET
1 regular egg
1/2 T oil
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
Mix all the above together with a whisk.

DRY
2 teaspoons coconut flour
3 Tablespoons gluc
3 Tablespoons oat fiber
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Whisk dry into the wet. The dough will be soft and pliable. Cover and let sit for 8 minutes.

I don't have a kitchen aid by they say you can just mix it up with a whisk.

ps Tony, mud room has finally aired out! lol

Last edited by Abigale; 02-22-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:46 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday gang!

Off to Church and breakfast as usual this morning. I usually visit my "father in law" on my way home. His dog Danny Boy can hear my voice on the phone when I call to make sure they are home and sits looking out the door until I show up. lol Of course he gets a treat when I get there.

With the thawing that went on yesterday all the snow is ice this morning. ugh! I sanded the path to the wood pile yesterday so DH does not slip and fall going out to get wood.

Will check back later after everyone is up and at em!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:26 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm up! :-) btw, how were the waffles and sausage this morning?
Old 02-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Delicious!

Have a safe trip to Nashville Tony!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!! (Afternoon now!)

Abi, So cute that Danny Boy sits and waits for you.....I love animals, especially dogs.....they can be so loving and loyal!

Tony, getting ready for your trip to Nashville? How are those songs coming that you've been working on?

Today has been gloriously relaxing! We slept in, had a leisurely breakfast of bacon and eggs......then took a beautiful drive along the coast up to Redondo beach and back.....it was truly stunning!!

How's everyone else doing??
Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, the weekends almost over and I'm so proud of myself! I didn't go off plan - no calls for pizza delivery, no ice cream, no chips, no candy, no cookies, no nada! Woo hoo!

I kept myself productive - 4 loads of laundry, a quick trip to the store for cat food (which I seem to do a lot - little poopers!), cleaned the kitchen, straightened up the house.

I shop at a major national drug store when I need to get just cat food and I usually compulsively grab at least one of the above mentioned frankenfoods without even thinking. Today, I went in, bought the food and cat treats, paid for it and left.

Tony, I love your music and I hope you have a successful trip and lay down some great tunes.

Tammy, I'm glad you had a relaxing Sunday. With your job, you need those days of refreshing.

Hi Abi!!!! You are really getting wicked in the kitchen, girlfriend!

Hi Vicki! Mom is the one who told me about the PA Dutch. I said German and she corrected me. And you know your Grandma, she never said an untruth.

Lori, refresh my memory...when is your trip to Prague? I have March in my mind, but I can't remember.

Dinner tonight was pork chops and green beans. Yummy!

Time to watch a little TV and relax.

Sure miss FF.....
Old 02-24-2014, 01:49 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee - good for you just getting the cat food for the little poopers and nothing else! lol You certainly had a productive weekend! I on the other hand did the bare essentials and spent way too much time reading this thread on the hundreds of ways to make oopsies! Post # 121 tells of putting the mixture in mini muffin pans and sticking a quarter of a hot dog in each one to bake. Like dogs in a blanket. You just dip them in mustard to eat. Uses for oopsie rolls (recipe thread)

Tammy, if you have not seen this site you will just love it!

Hope everyone has a great Monday! More bratwurst with horseradish mustard for lunch today.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Wow! You guys have been busy this weekend!

First off – Tony – I didn’t weigh today! I know. It is hard to believe, but I managed to stay away from the scale.

Tammy – I am definitely trying those crepes. I have all the ingredients! I am so excited now! That workout room sounds divine! I wish I had the luxury of a workout room and private bath. So jealous!

Tony – Too funny about the pants. Reminds me of my DS (3 y.o.) most recent antics. He likes to turn him bum to everyone and wiggle it at them. Last week, I said something that he didn’t like and he mooned me! I have no idea where he got that from. Luckily, we were in the privacy of our own home. I took a moment to explain to him why that it NOT GOOD choice. LOL! I started working out last week and had a back issue this weekend too. I worked out Wed-Fri. Took Saturday and Sunday off. I feel TONS better today and plan on jumping back on the treadmill tonight!

Vicki -

Abi – thanks for your kinds words. I think I worry too much and then I just tell myself I’m just being a normal mom. I was thinking of you this weekend and made some cream cheese jello with sugar free strawberry banana. It was good, but it was a little lumpy. I have to get some pointers about how to make it smoother!

Marilee – If you figure out why you go off routine, you can write a book and become a millionaire! There are so many people who want the answer to that question! Then you can hire a maid and butler – LOL! Great job staying on plan this weekend! Feel good doesn’t it? I leave Saturday for Prague. I will be travelling for a day and a half. I have no idea what kind of access I will have to internet while I am there.

Trying to get everything ahead this week. I am planning my wardrobe in my head so that I can prepare what I need to pack. I am making a book for my DH so that he knows what to do in kid emergencies next week (LOL)! I am also staying on track with working out and eating this week in the hopes that I will keep it up next week in Prague. I’m also starting to get nervous about the travel and time away. Eek!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday!

Crazy busy at work and I'm short staffed.....manning the office all alone today!

Marilee, what a great weekend you had....good for you for getting back on track....glad to see you back on board!

Abi, thanks for the link, I will definitely check that out!!

Lori, Oh my goodness you leave next week already?!?! Wow that got here fast! Good thinking about leaving a book for DH!! I used to travel ALL THE TIME for work when the kids were younger....turns out hubby was a better stay at home parent than I was! True story!!!

Anyway, back to work....hope everyone's having a great day!!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Latest Wt: 266.8 262.8 260.4 259 259.4 258.6 258.4 258.2 254.6 253 253.4 ARGH after 3 weeks.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good job, Vicki!!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki - Great job!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy - That will definitely not be the case with my DH. He will be pulling his (facial) hair out (he's bald) probably before I even takeoff down the runway at Dayton!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't know what you guys are congratulating me for; I gained 0.4 lbs in 3 weeks. That isn't the direction the scale is supposed to go. 253 was from Feb. 2. I felt and look thinner so thought I would weigh before Sunday and this is what I got.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki, I thought you started at 266 and were now down to 253. I guess I misread it.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, as long as everyone's still alive when you get back then he's done his job!!

Vicki....the scale is an evil sadistic liar!! The fact remains that you HAVE lost 13.4 pounds.....that's WONDERFUL!!! Imagine 13.4 pounds on butter sitting on your kitchen counter right now......that's no longer on your body!!! Be encouraged....you're making progress and the scale will catch up to you.

Taking a quick sanity break.....gotta get back to it!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

Maybe I need to go back to weighing weekly to stay on track.

Marilee, congrats on the incredible weekend, yahoo.

Tammy, love the pic, lookin' good.

Lori, I don't blame you for getting a bit nervous about the trip.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:12 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I had an interesting trip to work yesterday. Came to a down hill turn and my brake peddle went right to the floor. Yikes! Turned around and went home. DH drove me to work in his truck and picked me up. Today I will take his truck to work and he will take my car to the garage to see what is wrong. His friend who owns the garage gave him some brake fluid in case there is a leak in the line but the fluid was full? DH says he will use the emergency brake if the car won't stop for him on the way to Brattleboro.

Vicki, those scales can be so frustrating! I wish I could weigh once a week but am always so afraid that things will get way out of hand if I go that long. You know it is probably just water weight but it is still disheartening when we see them go up even a little bit. Hoping today the .4 up will be at least .5 down!

I bet Tony and family are having a great time in Nashville visiting with Sarah. Fun place to be for a spring break!

Well, I have the last of the bratwurst today for lunch. Love that horseradish mustard!

Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 02-25-2014 at 01:13 AM..