Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning loves!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I'm just popping in to wish everyone a happy Monday and report that I'm down 2 more pounds....for a total of 17 pounds since Jan. 1!! That feels SOOOOOO good!!!! I just had to share before getting crazy busy with Monday.

Abi, enjoy your day off today....and try to avoid the snow!

Lori, the scales are wicked, evil things that like to mess with your mind! You've been on plan so you'll be fine....you're going to lose that last 30 and look even more fabulous than you already do!

Have a great day kids!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Ha Ha Tammy, I could have pretty much dove head first into the snow! I shoveled the path around the garage and then up on the roof to clear the vent from the oven vent, shoveled all around the roof line and put some salt pellets along one area of the roof edge to keep the ice from building up there. DH came out and said how did you get the ladder out of the garage. I told him I would have been scared to death to climb up a ladder. I climbed out the window going up to the second floor of the garage onto the mudroom roof and then up on to the roof. There is more than a foot of snow on the roof. It is a low sloped roof so no chance of falling off. lol

Last edited by Abigale; 02-17-2014 at 12:31 PM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
omg, abi!...i always get nervous when you climb up on that roof...i was hoping you'd stay off it this year :-) i guess we are supposed to get 3-6 more inches of snow here tomorrow...they already announced that dw and ds will have an early release from school tomorrow at 11:45 a.m....I LOVE MY PLOW, but i'm getting a little tired of having to use it...hahaha!...our gravel driveway looks so good right now...

lori, i just saw a news thing that said you should never weigh on a monday - that it's the day most of us are heaviest...we are the lightest on fridays since it is easiest to stay on plan/routine mon-fri...my official weigh-in day is now friday! :-)

tammy, don't you just love it when the kids eat?...it is my favorite thing to just cook stuff that i know they will like and then watch them enjoy it or find the empty storage containers when they polish it off at night...i've said it before that i have to cook enough food for 7 or 8 people every night even though only three of us actually live here cuz the kids often pop in hungry and i want them to feel like i expected them!...haha!

btw, i can't resist popcorn at the movies - just can't do it...i use it as a planned indulgence...

vicki, i hope your dad is better...there are great meds to treat congestive heart failure - my mom was on some off and on and they always seemed to work eventually...good luck getting back on track today - i'm betting on you...

MARILEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!???????

my back feels great although i still have some numbness on the inside of my right leg...i can tell there is some weakness there when i do leg lifts on one of the weight machines...but i went to the gym this morning and had my usual great workout - it feels good to be able to do it again...

i picked up some immune system booster things yesterday that look like alka seltzer - orange flavor and have 1000mg vitamin c along with herbs and zinc etc...supposed to help with colds if you take them 3 times a day...i'm still congested but don't feel sick otherwise...maybe a little tired...

no mediations this week but i will be spending time in family court as part of my training process...will be there at 8 a.m. tomorrow...

keep on keeping on, kids!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all. I'm here but not in a good place.

I need to get caught up on all of the posts.

TTYL
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, if you're here, you're in a good place because we LOVE YOU HERE! :-)
Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, we love you!!!! We miss you when you're not here!!

Abi....the roof?!?!?! You're crazy brave....and you have way to much snow!!!

Tony, you're such a good dad!! I love to cook for my family too....but it does drive me nuts when I go to the kitchen looking for something specific only to find it gone!

Good day here, long wearying Monday, but over all pretty good. Headed to bed early to get some rest!

See you kids tomorrow!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:46 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee! We have missed you!

Tammy, did I read some where you grew up in the Joplin area? Our daughter and family live in Carl Junction! Small world! Yes, I know it sounds crazy to be up on the roof but I am called safety sally at work so I wouldn't be up there if I even thought for a moment I would fall off. The snow is so deep up there it keeps you anchored up to your knees. lol

Tony, hope family court is a good learning experience for you. Sorry you continue to have the numbness but I guess that is better than that horrible pain you had on the trip home from Nashville a while back. We are in the 4 to 7 range for snow today. It looks like you are too.

i am boiling some eggs right now to make deviled eggs after work. Taking a hamburg patty and some leftover kielbasa with horseradish mustard to work for lunch. Also two small slices of egg bread.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 02-18-2014, 04:35 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

kielbasa?...mmmmmmmmm... :-) i love it on the grill and then dipped in mustard!

off to work!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Abi, I go out onto the balcony and climb on the roof over the garage when I need a "moment". It really isn't so bad to get away for just a few minutes. I realize that you are doing it for an entirely different reason. But I also just wanted to sympathize that it really isn't all that dangerous.

With all of this snow I've had to find a new get away. So, I go and feed the goats and hide in the hay loft for 10 minutes! Isn't that crazy? But just 10 minutes of no one calling my name or asking me a question is all the rejuventation I need to face the kids with a smile and get back to business.

Tony, that is good information about the weigh in. I doubt I will be able to resist though. I am a daily weigher and I find that if I do not weigh daily to keep myself in check I have a tendency to have that "just one bite" that leads to a horrible slide.

Good news is I am down today. I did some reflection about the weekend and realized I broke a couple of my personal rules like no eating after 7PM and having a "taste" of a french fry or spoon of peanut butter. I know that these things make me jump temporarily. And even though I never went over 20 carbs, it still destroyed the scale for me.

So, lesson learned. I really want to be down about 30 pounds before the warm weather hits, I just have to find the same motivation I had about 1 1/2 years ago!

You guys are awesome and it is great to have a place to just come to and spill!

DH has been home since last Thursday and it has been wonderful. He leaves again today if he can get on the road. He is now having some digestive issues and since the whole family is too. In addition the doctor can't find anything wrong, we have decided to take a sample of our well water to the lab to have it tested. The entire family has been having stomach pains and naseau (sp?)... even the dog!

Isn't life just a box of chocolates?

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Abi, yes I did grow up in the Joplin / Neosho area....I graduated High School there. I know Carl Junction well, one of my sisters still lives in that area.

Tony, I hope family court was informative and educational! I have to go court on a fairly regular occasion for eviction hearings....those are NEVER fun!!

Lori, I totally understand about those moments to "hide" Mine used to be bubble baths....funny though as much as I do adore my kids, I find I don't need as many of those moments now that we're empty nesters! Good for you recognizing your own "rules" that you broke and getting back on track with them....being honest enough to recognize and acknowledge those things is half the battle....that's why we're all constantly working on this right?!?!

Good day today, work is relatively quiet and peaceful! I hope everyone else is having luck today!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lori, i completely understand about needing daily weigh-ins...nothing wrong with that, just keep in mind that you might want to compare weights week over week rather than day to day in judging your progress...i love that you hide in the hay loft!...now i wish i had a hay loft! :-)

tammy, what does an empty nest feel like?...i'm gonna be so happy and proud, but also soooooo sad when my youngest boy goes off to college in the Fall...i'm close to all my kids, but dw went to work when vincent started school after she had stayed home for 17 years...after that, i was the one who made him breakfast and took him to school before i headed off to work, for years...so he has been really close to me since he was little...he still works with me, and in his 18 years, we have never had an argument of any kind...i think i've told you that before...

this past week, he has been accepted to three of the five colleges he applied to and is waiting to hear from the last two...he was offered academic scholarships and admission to the Honors Programs of all three schools - i am really proud of him...my four older kids all graduated from college with honors, so he's been following in some pretty big footsteps and could have gone a different way but he stayed on the right track and worked hard...

anyway, i don't mean to brag on my kids, but it makes me feel good to share these things with you guys! :-)

okay, back to work!

Last edited by tony8; 02-18-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Old 02-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my goodness Tony, that is AWESOME....you should brag...you have plenty to be proud of!!!

You know what, we have discovered that we LOVE having an empty nest. Well, right now it's only partially empty since my son came home from the Navy, but he plans on getting his own place in the near future once he gets his feet underneath him. But, back to the empty nest....we spend A LOT of time with the kids, there is always someone in the house.....and we love that....but they have their own space too. A family vision that we all share is a big ranch where we all have our own homes.....but in 1 common place....kind of a family compound if you will. My husband was very wise right from the beginning....he always told me from day 1 that it was important to remember that as much as we adore the kids, and we do, that they WILL grow up and build their own lives....that's the ultimate goal.....and that some day when they're all grown and gone it will just be the two of us....so we'd better like each other!!!! And honestly, that was so wise, because we ALWAYS remembered to be a couple....not just a mom & dad. No one makes it 27 years without a few bumps in the road, but we are still very best friends and very much in love....so our nest is pretty darn cool whether it's empty or full!

See, now there's MY long rant....start me talking about my family.....guess we're pretty much the same Tony!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Dad finally went home from hospital today. We will find out tomorrow about results from US of kidney.

We have had some major melting today, 50s. But, we are in for a blizzard watch for Thursday believe it or not. Maybe a snow day, who knows.

Lori, 10 minutes in the hay loft, very serene.

Tammy, you and hubby seem to be enjoying the empty nest.

Tony, how great that your son is seeing college acceptance. Any decisions yet?

Troubles with the 14 year old and behavior in school again this year. Every year about this time he gets into trouble at school. I grounded him for a week but ex seems it is a bit drastic and isn't sure he will follow through with it. What is wrong with this picture?? DORK He thinks it is ok for kid to go to the Y because it is exercise, yet I told kid he was grounded. What kind of message does that send? So frustrated.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:01 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gang, I have found another recipe to try that has me very excited. I need to order a couple of ingredients from netrition and find a cheap pasta maker!

Pasta Dough for KitchenAid Pasta Press

Vicki, glad your Dad is coming home today and hope they can do something that will keep that fluid from building up again. Sorry you also are having teenage trouble too.

Tony, it is wonderful that your son has been accepted at some schools and he will be getting scholarships too! You certainly must be so proud of him!

Tammy, one of my brother in laws over the years has said he wished we had a family compound too! Nice that he liked us all enough to consider being very close neighbors. lol

We only got afew inches with yesterday's storm so I am very happy about that!

Lori, I know how hard it is for a mother of 4 to get afew minutes to herself. I think DD uses her time driving to pick up kids to get her sanity back. lol

Just made some egg salad for lunch.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy - I completely agree with everything you have said! My husband and I have done the same thing. We haven't always concentrated on us as a couple and that did nothing but cause problems, but thankfully we were smart enough to recover from that. We now make it a point to spend time together and make decisions together. We are approaching 22 years and still look forward to spending those times alone as much as we look forward to outings and time spent with the kids. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki - Kids and DH are definitely challenging at times. Even without having an ex the kids try to play us against each other at times. Thankfully we have agree to be a united front, so it is very rare that they "slip one by us." I did come from a divorced home though and I have to say that as a the child it was very confusing to have one home do one thing and the other home do the other. Your DS will grow up to know that you had his best interest at heart either way. It is just difficult getting through these teenage years no matter if you are an individual parent or a parent team. Hope things get better in that area.

Abi - I hope your DD has more than just driving time. Sometimes you just need 5 minutes to sit with the quiet and your own thoughts. Let me know how that recipe turns out.

Up again today, so just riding the roller coaster. I really want to review my menus from 1 1/2 years ago, but now I just seem to have no time for anything. Last night I had 2 sick kiddos and a sick DH. I'm hoping the water test today reveals something that has a quick and difinitive resolution to all these tummy woes!

Happy Hump Day!!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, so glad your dad is home! Praying for good test results!! Teenage boys can be such a challenge! We had to share my stepson with DH's ex and that sounds much like your situation, then we had two of our own.....what Lori said is SO TRUE....whether married or divorced the kids have a funny way of trying to work one parent against the other. You're doing the right things, you're a great mom....stand your ground.....one day your son WILL appreciate it....I know this to be a FACT!

Abi, Pasta dough??? That sounds very intriguing....I LOVE pasta!!! Please do share how it turns out!

Lori, I think in many ways you and I are cut from the same cloth!

Everything is good here, another beautiful sunny SNOW FREE day here in So. Cal!

It's funny, the last few days I just have NOT been as hungry and I've really struggled to get to 900 cal a day....most days I got there just by pushing my fat %'s. I figure it's just my bodies way of responding to the deeper ketosis....so I figured what the heck, I feel good, just roll with it....this morning I'm down ANOTHER 2 pounds!!! That's 4 pounds since Saturday....19 pounds since Jan. 1!!!!

I know everyone says DON'T go below 1500 cal...or 1400 cal....or 1200 cal....and truthfully most days I do shoot for around 1200....I don't intend to deliberately stay below 1000....but I have to say, I've been feeling really good.....and losing....so I don't think I'm going to fight my body on this!
Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi guys,
so good to hear about everyone's lives and families - thanks for sharing! :-) i have to admit that dw and i really did put the kids way out in front of ourselves as a couple...i worked so many hours/days and she stayed home and we did not live near family and were probably a little over-protective of who watched the kids, so we rarely got time alone together, never-mind date nights!...their needs (even little ones) always came first

we had only known each other five or six months before she got pregnant, so from day one til now, we have done just about everything wrong!...haha!...on top of that, we are complete opposites in most ways...i don't think too many people thought we'd last 30 months, let alone 30 years...even so, looking back, we probably should have made more time for "us", so i think what you guys are doing is healthy and i applaud you for being so smart and proactive about your relationships! :-)

spent another day in court observing family disasters...had lunch with emmy, amadora and my two oldest sons...that baby is a DOLL!

abi, how was the egg salad?

vicki, how did your dad make out today?

lori, i hope you guys are drinking bottled water as a precaution...

tammy, it is simply AMAZING that you have lost 19 lbs...i remember the determination you had when you got back to these blitzes and it is paying off big time!...i bet ff will be proud of you too! :-)

MARILEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????...i'm gonna keep bugging you til you get your bottom back in here!

Last edited by tony8; 02-19-2014 at 06:01 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

observing family disasters doesn't sound like fun Tony.

Chili and veggies tonight for supper.

I am having my son look up in the book "Where to find it in the bible" verses that have to do with respecting your elders or others and how it pertains to his situation.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi...thanks for not giving up on me.

You all have so much news and family things to report and I don't I spoke with my brother (Vicki's dad) today and he sounded upbeat and positive. They are going to do a biopsy on the cyst on his kidney in a week. He needs to be off his blood thinner before they can do the surgery - for obvious reasons.

Trying to get my act together. I realize that I have been living a several states of denial when it comes to my weight. I had a weird "ah ha" moment and it shook me up. I know I'm huge and I do look at myself in the mirror but for some reason, it took seeing my reflecting in the kitchen window with just my sleeveless, shorty nightgown on and man - reality hit! My arms are huge, as well as the rest of me. So now, I'm going through the confusion of what to do. I'm sure I'll come to a decision soon.

Marilee
Old 02-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, honey we love you!!!! We just want you to be here, part of the group.....we want to walk with you on this journey and be the support you need!!!! You CAN do this!!! For me personally I had to take an honest assessment of everything that I DID try that did not work and be truthful about myself about WHY it didn't work....that really helped me figure out what my body DOES respond too....it's been like figuring out a combination lock. I stopped listening to the so called "experts" and started listening to my body.....the quiet still voice in my body....not the screaming, whiny bratty voice that was begging for crap! We will gladly walk with you while you sort this out....and I promise you, by withdrawing it will NOT help, it only isolates you and makes things worse....trust me, I'm the prodigal child of the group remember?!?! I know this to be true!

Vicki, I love that approach you've taken with your son!!! I used to do the same thing with my kids....it drove them NUTS.....but you know what? They know their Bibles pretty well now and they both have at least 2 or 3 different study bibles that they love to reference!

Thank you Tony, if you talk to FF again tell him we miss him too!!!!

Have a great night everyone!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, i bet we have all had that experience with seeing our reflection unexpectedly and being shocked at how we look...it has happened to me for sure...it doesn't seem to happen in the mirrors at home - maybe we are prepared for that, but i try not to see my reflection in a window etc...

what you decide to do about it, whatever that is, is gonna be a positive thing...you are an awesome person and we love you, no matter what...we talk about our families and things going on, and we are positive people so we talk about the positive things...but there are also struggles and heartaches and losses and disappointments that go hand-in-hand with the good stuff in families...believe me when i tell you i have days when i wish i had run off to rocky mountains to live like grizzly adams!...haha...and i'm only half-kidding...

if you read our recent posts, some of us are hiding in our cars, our hay lofts, our roofs...but shhhh, don't tell anyone! :-)

vicki, a lot of mediation cases are in family court where couples are separating, divorcing, trying to develop parenting plans, etc...you see a lot of pain...good mediators can make the ordeal a bit easier to get through and can help people reach agreements that will endure and they will feel good about even after some time passes....that's the goal anyway! :-)
Old 02-20-2014, 01:59 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, like Tony said, we post alot of positive things but our lives aren't always so upbeat. Sometimes I start to post something that has happened in my life and think, no, that is too depressing to post and I don't want my blitz friends to feel down about it. I like to hear about your lovely weather out in Phoenix and what your cats are up to. Just to hear from you is like hearing from someone in my family. What they say is not that important, just hearing from them cheers me up.

I need to make some more egg bread and will see if lining the bread pan completely with non stick aluminum foil will make for a better looking loaf and less clean up. A silpat loaf pan would be ideal but have not looked on line for one yet.

amazon says they have shipped my pasta extruder and I should get my glucomann and oat fiber from netrition by Monday. Sure hope I like the pasta better than the egg bread lol.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw shucks...you guys are making me tear up.

I'm reading a book called "Discover Your Optimal Health" by Dr. Wayne Scott Andersen the founder and creator of Medi-Fast. It is a guide to taking control of your weight, your vitality and your life and is helping me with my reality check and giving me hope. It helps you in a lot of ways, but breaking bad eating habits and starting good ones one step at a time is what I need right now.

I'll keep you posted on nuggets I read.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Abi, you are such a love!!! I echo everything you just said to Marilee!! I can't wait to hear how the pasta turns out....haven't worked up the courage to try the egg bread, but I did get some natural Peanut butter to try the peanut butter bread....we'll see how that turns out!

Marilee, I think it would be GREAT if you shared nuggets from the book with us. I NEVER have enough time to read, and that is a book that I'd be very interested in hearing about. Maybe you can give us the "readers digest by Marilee" version!

I hope everyone is having a great day! I'm off to work, very tired though....didn't sleep well, kept waking up with leg cramps....I must need more potassium! Oh well, it's still going to be a great day!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

We released at noon today due to the blizzard potential. We are having thunder snow and it is accumulating very quickly. Let the fun begin.

I am going to make a LC alfredo sauce for spag. squash and leftover turkey for tonight's supper. I may also make some kind of "bread" to go along with it. I might also try some kind of dessert too since I am homebound.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, are you joking???...is it really snowing there?...let me know how much you get and how cold it is...

btw, what abi said is exactly how i feel too...and i'd love to hear nuggets from the book!

abi, i think you need some more egg bread!

hi tammy, sorry you didn't sleep well...did you go for a long walk?...why do you think your legs are cramping?...

just got back from the building - did quite a bit of shoveling there as i did here last night...my back seems to be holding up which is good...

next week is school vacation and dw, ds and i are heading to nashville...dw hasn't been there in a long time and it will be nice for all of us to see sarah together :-) we are flying down monday and back friday...

hope y'all are having a great day!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abi, is there a catherine in your hubby's family who is associated with the museum of the white mountains?...watching nh chronicle and there's a story on the museum and this woman has the same last name as you do...btw, very cool place!...it is located at plymouth state college :-)
Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, how nice that your DW & DS are going to Nashville with you next week, what a great vacation for you all!!

Marilee, how's the book.....please share!!

Abi, I made the Crepes today for lunch and they came out AWESOME.....my hubby loved them and said keep them on the menu rotation! I attached a pic below....they're filled with a cream cheese / HWC filling.....they were super yummy!

Oh my gosh you guys....talk about temptation....so I had one of my vendors stop by today just to say thank you for the business and she brought an entire box of See's Chocolates!!!! I smiled, thanked her, and the minute she left handed the box to my assistant and demanded that she keep them away from me....take them home....whatever.....just get them out of my face!!! She was shocked, but gladly complied!! I have to admit....that one hurt a little.

Well I hope everyone else had a great day!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crepes.jpg (13.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-21-2014, 03:05 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha Ha Tony, I just happen to have a loaf of egg bread cooling with all its odor out in the mudroom. The egg salad was good with the bread and may make a western sandwich for dinner. I may have mentioned doing that on a previous post. You take some bacon and onion, dice it and cook it in some butter. After it is cooked to your liking add a beaten egg to it and fry it up. Cut it so it will fit the shape of your bread and put a little low carb catsup on it. Just the smell of the bacon and onion cooking together is wonderful and the taste of the whole thing is very good.

Marilee, your book sounds very interesting and I would love to hear some nuggets from it!

Vicki, I haven't called our work number yet but will at 5:30am. There is a good chance we will have a two hour delay today. It is raining right now and the temp is 32. I can imagine the black ice on the road. The up side is the temps are going to be a high of 46 today! My gosh, that is almost spring time weather! lol

Tammy, your crepes look wonderful and with cream cheese in them you can't go wrong! Recipe please!

My glucomann and oat fiber arrived yesterday from netrition. Boy are they fast! Hope my pasta extruder arrives today. It would be fun to try it out over the weekend.

Tony, your trip with DW and DS to Nashville will be so much fun. Sarah will be in hawg heaven! ( one of my old southern expressions - lol)

Lori, did your water test come back yet? Hope it is ok. What is the date you fly over to Prague?

Bratwurst and horseradish mustard today for lunch.

Have a great Friday Blitzers!

FF, where are you?

Last edited by Abigale; 02-21-2014 at 03:07 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy – I am struggling with the same caloric challenge at the moment. I am just NOT hungry. It is kind of a relief and complete change from my disastrous food choices prior to this. Those crepes look and sound amazing. What is that drizzled on the top?

Tony – that is a great story and also a great testament to the fact that your relationship with your wife is strong even though you didn’t consciously do “date nights.” Your trip to Nashville sounds like fun.

Vicki – I have done that with my sons to. I also make them look up verses pertaining to arguing with one another and not complaining. Your menu last night sounded great. How was it?

Marilee – I can’t say it better that Tammy has. I am the world’s word bad habit girl. I am constantly going back to bad habits and then having to break them all over again. I am certain that at some point I should evaluate this behavior and try to find the root cause of it. Perhaps then I might be able to stop beating myself up every time and fall back into an old bad habit.

Abi – We may have to all start ordering bread and past from you if you keep this up! Water test came back great. Carbon monoxide tester said everything is our house is A-okay. I did end up taking two kids to the doctor on Wednesday afternoon and the doc still says that it is a viral gastrointestinal flu.

Needless to say the entire family is recuperating. Everyone seems to be feeling better. We all still have bouts of nausea, but have some Zofran to help with that. (crossing fingers) Everyone seems to be doing better and feeling better. Going into a rainy, possibly snowy weekend, so hopefully (never thought I would say this) the cold weather will be good for us to kill the bacteria that breeds in the warmer weather.

I am probably going to do some shopping this weekend to make sure I have all I need for my trip to Prague. I have been working out the last two nights and can already feel my pants getting looser! YAY! I have not been as high in calories as I should be and want to make sure I get a little more calories, because I do not want that to stall my weight loss. All animals seem to be doing well and now I have already begun to worry about DH and the kids and how they will be with me gone for a week. Crazy, right?

Have a happy Friday and weekend if I don’t “see” you until Monday!