Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Red Hot Mamas Valentines Day Challenge 2014

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

New Year and a New Us! Time to get serious!

This challenge will run from January 1st through February 14th. It is open to everyone on ANY plan. We're here to support you no matter what plan you're following. Let's see how much weight we can lose before Valentines Day!!!

State your goals here and check in daily!

Let's do this!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Ok here's mine....I gained a ton of weight over Christmas...so hopefully the first 10 will fall off quickly. So my goals will be to finish out the FMD 28 day program with zero cheats, and to lose 20 pounds by the end of this challenge.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
oldafw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,003
Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
Happy 2014!!! Glad we are all here to support each other. I for one need you all terribly!!!

Goals for this challenge will be simple.
1.The 130s.
2. Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Plan for exercise. Day 5 complete, 85 days to go.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 872
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Im in...
Goals:

1. 420 min of exercise a week ( get back to wt training with the Bowflex)
2. Eat consistently on plan
3. lose 6 lbs by 02.14--------155
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
FF....Haylie says you can eat the stems in P1
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
OK...Goal....

28 days of FMD
lose 10 pounds in said 28 days
Exercise the majority of the days....(Ineed to get my big but moving)
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
mcchimento's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,273
Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
February 14th will be my 52nd birthday.

My goals for this challenge will be:
To lose 15 lbs.

Follow some sort of exercise program. -I am not very good about being active on an exercise program. Walking hurts too much at this time. My legs go numb due to a lower back problem. Using weights for my arms, yoga until I reach the 220's when I will start to exercise more. I would do an ab exercise but I have a terrible hernia that needs to be repaired. This will be a 35 lb. loss by then.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
FF....Haylie says you can eat the stems in P1

Yay! You asked her for me??? Thanks sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
February 14th will be my 52nd birthday.

My goals for this challenge will be:
To lose 15 lbs.

Follow some sort of exercise program. -I am not very good about being active on an exercise program. Walking hurts too much at this time. My legs go numb due to a lower back problem. Using weights for my arms, yoga until I reach the 220's when I will start to exercise more. I would do an ab exercise but I have a terrible hernia that needs to be repaired. This will be a 35 lb. loss by then.
Mcchimento!!!! So glad to have you join us! BTW, I'm going to NOLA in March...any restaurant suggestions?
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
Low Carb Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,881
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey all... Here we are again!

I am going to do it this time!!!!

I don't know how much I weigh right now (I haven't been very good these past few weeks) and don't want to look. But by February 14 I would like to be:

1. Firmly in, at least, the middle 150's
2. In a pattern of going to the gym
3. Doing some sort of exercise for 30 min 5 times a week

Onward and downward!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
February 14th will be my 52nd birthday.

My goals for this challenge will be:
To lose 15 lbs.

Follow some sort of exercise program. -I am not very good about being active on an exercise program. Walking hurts too much at this time. My legs go numb due to a lower back problem. Using weights for my arms, yoga until I reach the 220's when I will start to exercise more. I would do an ab exercise but I have a terrible hernia that needs to be repaired. This will be a 35 lb. loss by then.
and I hope you get your birthday wish on the 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Yay! You asked her for me??? Thanks sweetie!
you are most welcome...I'm glad you were fine...I was pretty sure you would be...veggies are a big freebie on her plan...some are not allowed in certain phases, but most are fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey all... Here we are again!

I am going to do it this time!!!!

I don't know how much I weigh right now (I haven't been very good these past few weeks) and don't want to look. But by February 14 I would like to be:

1. Firmly in, at least, the middle 150's
2. In a pattern of going to the gym
3. Doing some sort of exercise for 30 min 5 times a week

Onward and downward!
you can do it!!!!

Last edited by beachagain; 01-01-2014 at 11:16 AM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 872
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Looks like a fun group for this challenge!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:23 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 566
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Hi! I am jumping into FMD today! I am whipping up the steel cut oatmeal now. Even though I have one more day of silliness planned to celebrate the New Year with old friends, I just have to get started with this new WOE.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
oldafw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,003
Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
Welcome 5!!

Most of my decorations down yesterday. Big blizzard expected here tonight into tomorrow.

Will spend the 2 days, cooking and prepping and eating on Phase 3. Phase 1 will start Monday.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
yay.... 5
last day of Phase 2 today I don't like this phase....at all

FF....how is P2 going for you?
I went to sleep super early (or napped) so when I woke up...I had no desire to cheat...so that's good because all I could think about yesterday is....I'll do this next week

Having chicken and green beans for breakfast

I'm just not into the eggs and veggies for breakfast
I do my eggs in P3 because I LOVE the sweet potato hash browns
__________________



Goal: Maintenance
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Welcome 5!!

Most of my decorations down yesterday. Big blizzard expected here tonight into tomorrow.

Will spend the 2 days, cooking and prepping and eating on Phase 3. Phase 1 will start Monday.
Yeah....we sent it your way...sorry about that

I'm taking all my decorations today
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Well Beach, I remember when you said you didn't like p2, I thought you were crazy. Now I soooooo get it. Yesterday I had egg whites with spinach and it was so nasty. I guess I only like egg whites with cheese. lol

So today I'm having ground turkey and cucumbers with broccoli slaw for breakfast.

I'm still super tired on the afternoons. Hopefully I'll be over that soon.
BUT, on the plus side, I'm never hungry on this diet!

Can't wait to step on the scale tomorrow and see how I'm doing so far.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!
 
Amity228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 1,442
Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Marking my place. Starting on Monday!
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Yay Amity! Good to see you! Happy New Year!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,793
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey ladies! Mind if I join you?

I'm reading the FMD book, and almost done with it. I'm not sure I'm up for it though? Tell me it's not as hard as it sounds... Giving up my coffee sounds awful! I'm toying with doing Atkins instead. ive been so carb laden the past few months, I'm pretty sure it would work for me again. I like eating LC, and know it well. I need to stick to some plan though. I'm afraid of the scale right now, but need to face it and fix it. I like the "idea" of the FMD, kicking up your metabolic rate while losing some weight...but am a bit leery of it after reading the online reviews. I'll finish reading the book and do some menu planning. I need to psyche myself up for it!

Either plan I choose, my goals are:
1. Lose some weight! I'd like to be in the high 150's by Feb 14.
2. Keep up and maintain exercise - 4 days a week, an hour a day... Both cardio and weight training in there
3. Balance contentment with where I am and the desire for a bit more weight loss.
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journal.html

Last edited by julieboolie; 01-02-2014 at 09:32 AM..
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Well Beach, I remember when you said you didn't like p2, I thought you were crazy. Now I soooooo get it. Yesterday I had egg whites with spinach and it was so nasty. I guess I only like egg whites with cheese. lol

So today I'm having ground turkey and cucumbers with broccoli slaw for breakfast.

I'm still super tired on the afternoons. Hopefully I'll be over that soon.
BUT, on the plus side, I'm never hungry on this diet!

Can't wait to step on the scale tomorrow and see how I'm doing so far.
I told you!!!!! I had the whites and spinach too...I also tried them with green chilies and peppers...etc...you name it... can't gag them. I can eat egg whites...even for my snacks...I just can't gag them with veggies weird.
I eat a lot of soups in phase 2...it helps
I sleep during this phase too....I think it has to do with burning...and detoxing...it does get better....the food choice doesn't...but the way you feel does
OH...and I do recommend making some sort of jerky for the phase...I do chicken...did beef once, but I am just not that into beef these days
The recipe is in the book, and online...super easy too...it just takes time and you need to make it during phase 1 so you have it in 2.

Tonight, I start my sweet potato hashbrowns....I eat them with my egg in the morning...with toast or oats. I have to make my oats too tonight....it's all about preparation, this diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Marking my place. Starting on Monday!
yay...glad to see you Amity

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey ladies! Mind if I join you?

I'm reading the FMD book, and almost done with it. I'm not sure I'm up for it though? Tell me it's not as hard as it sounds... Giving up my coffee sounds awful! I'm toying with doing Atkins instead. ive been so carb laden the past few months, I'm pretty sure it would work for me again. I like eating LC, and know it well. I need to stick to some plan though. I'm afraid of the scale right now, but need to face it and fix it. I like the "idea" of the FMD, kicking up your metabolic rate while losing some weight...but am a bit leery of it after reading the online reviews. I'll finish reading the book and do some menu planning. I need to psyche myself up for it!

Either plan I choose, my goals are:
1. Lose some weight! I'd like to be in the high 150's by Feb 14.
2. Keep up and maintain exercise - 4 days a week, an hour a day... Both cardio and weight training in there
3. Balance contentment with where I am and the desire for a bit more weight loss.
welcome Julie wishing you great success...I love your goals
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
So...to the few new faces.....some background

a few of us have been together since 2006. many of us have been together for several years if not since 2006...We all did Low Carb or some variation of it...some of us have strayed from that plan because it wasn't working any longer....some stayed on low carb because it still worked Some of us *cough* did every other diet under the sun...hcg being one of the last ways we tried...and failed.
We all have our own theories about eating and realize what works for one, does not necessarily work for another...so we support you...whichever way you want to eat...this is a support group, more than anything...and lastly a challenge...a challenge to succeed and reach our goals...

just so everyone knows...we don't judge you...ever...and we support you...unconditionally
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
So...to the few new faces.....some background

a few of us have been together since 2006. many of us have been together for several years if not since 2006...We all did Low Carb or some variation of it...some of us have strayed from that plan because it wasn't working any longer....some stayed on low carb because it still worked Some of us *cough* did every other diet under the sun...hcg being one of the last ways we tried...and failed.
We all have our own theories about eating and realize what works for one, does not necessarily work for another...so we support you...whichever way you want to eat...this is a support group, more than anything...and lastly a challenge...a challenge to succeed and reach our goals...

just so everyone knows...we don't judge you...ever...and we support you...unconditionally


FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
So...I got on the scale after breakfast this morning, Even though I said I was going to wait until tomorrow...and I'm already down 5 pounds since Monday!!!!!

And I haven't eaten this much food on a diet in like....ever!

So flipping excited. Even though I was pretty confident it would work...I'm still shocked at how well it's working so quickly! And with so much food!

Olda, I sooooo wish I would have done this with you months ago. The reason I didn't do it back then was that I read a review on amazon and the person was saying you barely get any calories on this diet. That reviewer should be ashamed of themselves! Did they even read the book? Because I can barely eat all the required food on one day!!!

Last edited by FatFatnomore; 01-02-2014 at 11:09 AM..
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
So...I got on the scale after breakfast this morning, Even though I said I was going to wait until tomorrow...and I'm already down 5 pounds since Monday!!!!!

And I haven't eaten this much food on a diet in like....ever!

So flipping excited. Even though I was pretty confident it would work...I'm still shocked at how well it's working so quickly! And with so much food!

Olda, I sooooo wish I would have done this with you months ago. The reason I didn't do it back then was that I read a review on amazon and the person was saying you barely get any calories on this diet. That reviewer should be ashamed of themselves! Did they even read the book? Because I can barely eat all the required food on one day!!!
:yah oo:

I know, right?! I wish I would have done this in July...AND...I can barely get ALL the food down...except on phase 2...I'd rather NOT eat

Last edited by beachagain; 01-02-2014 at 11:37 AM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!
 
Low Carb Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,881
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
So...to the few new faces.....some background

a few of us have been together since 2006. many of us have been together for several years if not since 2006...We all did Low Carb or some variation of it...some of us have strayed from that plan because it wasn't working any longer....some stayed on low carb because it still worked Some of us *cough* did every other diet under the sun...hcg being one of the last ways we tried...and failed.
We all have our own theories about eating and realize what works for one, does not necessarily work for another...so we support you...whichever way you want to eat...this is a support group, more than anything...and lastly a challenge...a challenge to succeed and reach our goals...

just so everyone knows...we don't judge you...ever...and we support you...unconditionally
Aaaawwwww... so sweet!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #26
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,667
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Just wanted to pop in and give you an idea about the egg whites.
If you like deviled eggs, hard boil some eggs, cut in half and use the yolks for something else (sad face lol).
Squirt a little mustard and a little dill relish in the center and eat it like a deviled egg anyway.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 872
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Nice to see all the new faces!!!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Aaaawwwww... so sweet!

goof! but it's true...no judgment here, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Just wanted to pop in and give you an idea about the egg whites.
If you like deviled eggs, hard boil some eggs, cut in half and use the yolks for something else (sad face lol).
Squirt a little mustard and a little dill relish in the center and eat it like a deviled egg anyway.
hmmmm....interesting. I, personally, hate the yolks so I'm totally fine with just the whites....but I know a few ladies here eat deviled eggs....so great option!
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,493
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
I got the tree down but its still too snowy and clod to get my outside lights down

My DH has some nasty flu/cold thing and I'm afraid I might be getting it. I am OD-ing on Vitamin C, cold snap and anything else I can get my hands on I do not want that crap
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 872
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Just wanted to pop in and give you an idea about the egg whites.
If you like deviled eggs, hard boil some eggs, cut in half and use the yolks for something else (sad face lol).
Squirt a little mustard and a little dill relish in the center and eat it like a deviled egg anyway.
send the yolks over here!!!!!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.