Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Red Hot Mamas Valentines Day Challenge 2014 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/819926-red-hot-mamas-valentines-day-challenge-2014-a.html)

FatFatnomore 01-01-2014 08:26 AM

Red Hot Mamas Valentines Day Challenge 2014
 
Happy New Year everyone!!!!

New Year and a New Us! Time to get serious!

This challenge will run from January 1st through February 14th. It is open to everyone on ANY plan. We're here to support you no matter what plan you're following. Let's see how much weight we can lose before Valentines Day!!!:love::heart::love::heart:

State your goals here and check in daily!

Let's do this!

FatFatnomore 01-01-2014 08:29 AM

Ok here's mine....I gained a ton of weight over Christmas...so hopefully the first 10 will fall off quickly. So my goals will be to finish out the FMD 28 day program with zero cheats, and to lose 20 pounds by the end of this challenge.

oldafw 01-01-2014 08:42 AM

Happy 2014!!! Glad we are all here to support each other. I for one need you all terribly!!!

Goals for this challenge will be simple.
1.The 130s.
2. Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Plan for exercise. Day 5 complete, 85 days to go.

LowCarbedD 01-01-2014 09:08 AM

Im in...
Goals:

1. 420 min of exercise a week ( get back to wt training with the Bowflex)
2. Eat consistently on plan
3. lose 6 lbs by 02.14--------155

beachagain 01-01-2014 09:27 AM

FF....Haylie says you can eat the stems in P1 :D

beachagain 01-01-2014 09:32 AM

OK...Goal....:confused:

28 days of FMD
lose 10 pounds in said 28 days
Exercise the majority of the days....(Ineed to get my big but moving) :doh::workout::muscles:

mcchimento 01-01-2014 09:47 AM

February 14th will be my 52nd birthday.

My goals for this challenge will be:
To lose 15 lbs.

Follow some sort of exercise program. -I am not very good about being active on an exercise program. Walking hurts too much at this time. My legs go numb due to a lower back problem. Using weights for my arms, yoga until I reach the 220's when I will start to exercise more. I would do an ab exercise but I have a terrible hernia that needs to be repaired. This will be a 35 lb. loss by then.

FatFatnomore 01-01-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachagain (Post 16736749)
FF....Haylie says you can eat the stems in P1 :D


Yay! You asked her for me??? Thanks sweetie! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcchimento (Post 16736792)
February 14th will be my 52nd birthday.

My goals for this challenge will be:
To lose 15 lbs.

Follow some sort of exercise program. -I am not very good about being active on an exercise program. Walking hurts too much at this time. My legs go numb due to a lower back problem. Using weights for my arms, yoga until I reach the 220's when I will start to exercise more. I would do an ab exercise but I have a terrible hernia that needs to be repaired. This will be a 35 lb. loss by then.

:welcome: Mcchimento!!!! So glad to have you join us! BTW, I'm going to NOLA in March...any restaurant suggestions? :D

Low Carb Librarian 01-01-2014 10:29 AM

Hey all... Here we are again!

I am going to do it this time!!!!

I don't know how much I weigh right now (I haven't been very good these past few weeks) and don't want to look. But by February 14 I would like to be:

1. Firmly in, at least, the middle 150's
2. In a pattern of going to the gym
3. Doing some sort of exercise for 30 min 5 times a week

Onward and downward!

beachagain 01-01-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcchimento (Post 16736792)
February 14th will be my 52nd birthday.

My goals for this challenge will be:
To lose 15 lbs.

Follow some sort of exercise program. -I am not very good about being active on an exercise program. Walking hurts too much at this time. My legs go numb due to a lower back problem. Using weights for my arms, yoga until I reach the 220's when I will start to exercise more. I would do an ab exercise but I have a terrible hernia that needs to be repaired. This will be a 35 lb. loss by then.

:welcome: and I hope you get your birthday wish on the 14th :high5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatFatnomore (Post 16736885)
Yay! You asked her for me??? Thanks sweetie! :hugs:

:D you are most welcome...I'm glad you were fine...I was pretty sure you would be...veggies are a big freebie on her plan...some are not allowed in certain phases, but most are fine :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16736894)
Hey all... Here we are again!

I am going to do it this time!!!!

I don't know how much I weigh right now (I haven't been very good these past few weeks) and don't want to look. But by February 14 I would like to be:

1. Firmly in, at least, the middle 150's
2. In a pattern of going to the gym
3. Doing some sort of exercise for 30 min 5 times a week

Onward and downward!

:high5: you can do it!!!! :high5:

LowCarbedD 01-01-2014 11:21 AM

Looks like a fun group for this challenge!

fiveninepointfive 01-02-2014 03:23 AM

Hi! I am jumping into FMD today! I am whipping up the steel cut oatmeal now. Even though I have one more day of silliness planned to celebrate the New Year with old friends, I just have to get started with this new WOE.

oldafw 01-02-2014 03:57 AM

Welcome 5!!

Most of my decorations down yesterday. Big blizzard expected here tonight into tomorrow.

Will spend the 2 days, cooking and prepping and eating on Phase 3. Phase 1 will start Monday.

beachagain 01-02-2014 07:02 AM

:jumpjoy: yay....:welcome: 5 :high5:
last day of Phase 2 today :stars: I don't like this phase....at all

FF....how is P2 going for you?
I went to sleep super early (or napped) so when I woke up...I had no desire to cheat...so that's good because all I could think about yesterday is....I'll do this next week :doh:

Having chicken and green beans for breakfast :dunno:

I'm just not into the eggs and veggies for breakfast
I do my eggs in P3 because I LOVE :love::heart: the sweet potato hash browns

beachagain 01-02-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldafw (Post 16737993)
Welcome 5!!

Most of my decorations down yesterday. Big blizzard expected here tonight into tomorrow.

Will spend the 2 days, cooking and prepping and eating on Phase 3. Phase 1 will start Monday.

Yeah....we sent it your way...sorry about that :sad:

I'm taking all my decorations today

FatFatnomore 01-02-2014 07:37 AM

Well Beach, I remember when you said you didn't like p2, I thought you were crazy. Now I soooooo get it. Yesterday I had egg whites with spinach and it was so nasty. I guess I only like egg whites with cheese. lol

So today I'm having ground turkey and cucumbers with broccoli slaw for breakfast.

I'm still super tired on the afternoons. Hopefully I'll be over that soon.
BUT, on the plus side, I'm never hungry on this diet!

Can't wait to step on the scale tomorrow and see how I'm doing so far.

Amity228 01-02-2014 08:49 AM

Marking my place. Starting on Monday!

FatFatnomore 01-02-2014 08:57 AM

Yay Amity! Good to see you! Happy New Year!

julieboolie 01-02-2014 09:30 AM

Hey ladies! Mind if I join you?

I'm reading the FMD book, and almost done with it. I'm not sure I'm up for it though? Tell me it's not as hard as it sounds... Giving up my coffee sounds awful! I'm toying with doing Atkins instead. ive been so carb laden the past few months, I'm pretty sure it would work for me again. I like eating LC, and know it well. I need to stick to some plan though. I'm afraid of the scale right now, but need to face it and fix it. I like the "idea" of the FMD, kicking up your metabolic rate while losing some weight...but am a bit leery of it after reading the online reviews. I'll finish reading the book and do some menu planning. I need to psyche myself up for it!

Either plan I choose, my goals are:
1. Lose some weight! I'd like to be in the high 150's by Feb 14. :shake:
2. Keep up and maintain exercise - 4 days a week, an hour a day... Both cardio and weight training in there
3. Balance contentment with where I am and the desire for a bit more weight loss. :)

beachagain 01-02-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatFatnomore (Post 16738248)
Well Beach, I remember when you said you didn't like p2, I thought you were crazy. Now I soooooo get it. Yesterday I had egg whites with spinach and it was so nasty. I guess I only like egg whites with cheese. lol

So today I'm having ground turkey and cucumbers with broccoli slaw for breakfast.

I'm still super tired on the afternoons. Hopefully I'll be over that soon.
BUT, on the plus side, I'm never hungry on this diet!

Can't wait to step on the scale tomorrow and see how I'm doing so far.

I told you!!!!! :hyst: I had the whites and spinach too...I also tried them with green chilies and peppers...etc...you name it...:sick: :sick: can't gag them. I can eat egg whites...even for my snacks...I just can't gag them with veggies :dunno: weird.
I eat a lot of soups in phase 2...it helps :dunno:
I sleep during this phase too....I think it has to do with burning...and detoxing...it does get better....the food choice doesn't...but the way you feel does :up:
OH...and I do recommend making some sort of jerky for the phase...I do chicken...did beef once, but I am just not that into beef these days :dunno:
The recipe is in the book, and online...super easy too...it just takes time and you need to make it during phase 1 so you have it in 2.

Tonight, I start my sweet potato hashbrowns....I eat them with my egg in the morning...with toast or oats. I have to make my oats too tonight....it's all about preparation, this diet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amity228 (Post 16738397)
Marking my place. Starting on Monday!

:jumpjoy: yay...glad to see you Amity

Quote:

Originally Posted by julieboolie (Post 16738443)
Hey ladies! Mind if I join you?

I'm reading the FMD book, and almost done with it. I'm not sure I'm up for it though? Tell me it's not as hard as it sounds... Giving up my coffee sounds awful! I'm toying with doing Atkins instead. ive been so carb laden the past few months, I'm pretty sure it would work for me again. I like eating LC, and know it well. I need to stick to some plan though. I'm afraid of the scale right now, but need to face it and fix it. I like the "idea" of the FMD, kicking up your metabolic rate while losing some weight...but am a bit leery of it after reading the online reviews. I'll finish reading the book and do some menu planning. I need to psyche myself up for it!

Either plan I choose, my goals are:
1. Lose some weight! I'd like to be in the high 150's by Feb 14. :shake:
2. Keep up and maintain exercise - 4 days a week, an hour a day... Both cardio and weight training in there
3. Balance contentment with where I am and the desire for a bit more weight loss. :)

:welcome: welcome Julie :high5:wishing you great success...I love your goals :clap:

beachagain 01-02-2014 10:58 AM

So...to the few new faces.....some background

a few of us have been together since 2006. many of us have been together for several years if not since 2006...We all did Low Carb or some variation of it...some of us have strayed from that plan because it wasn't working any longer....some stayed on low carb because it still worked :dunno: Some of us *cough* did every other diet under the sun...hcg being one of the last ways we tried...and failed. :cry:
We all have our own theories about eating and realize what works for one, does not necessarily work for another...so we support you...whichever way you want to eat...this is a support group, more than anything...and lastly a challenge...a challenge to succeed and reach our goals...

:dunno: just so everyone knows...we don't judge you...ever...and we support you...unconditionally :high5:

FatFatnomore 01-02-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachagain (Post 16738618)
So...to the few new faces.....some background

a few of us have been together since 2006. many of us have been together for several years if not since 2006...We all did Low Carb or some variation of it...some of us have strayed from that plan because it wasn't working any longer....some stayed on low carb because it still worked :dunno: Some of us *cough* did every other diet under the sun...hcg being one of the last ways we tried...and failed. :cry:
We all have our own theories about eating and realize what works for one, does not necessarily work for another...so we support you...whichever way you want to eat...this is a support group, more than anything...and lastly a challenge...a challenge to succeed and reach our goals...

:dunno: just so everyone knows...we don't judge you...ever...and we support you...unconditionally :high5:



:goodpost:

FatFatnomore 01-02-2014 11:07 AM

So...I got on the scale after breakfast this morning, Even though I said I was going to wait until tomorrow...and I'm already down 5 pounds since Monday!!!!!

And I haven't eaten this much food on a diet in like....ever!

So flipping excited. Even though I was pretty confident it would work...I'm still shocked at how well it's working so quickly! And with so much food!

Olda, I sooooo wish I would have done this with you months ago. The reason I didn't do it back then was that I read a review on amazon and the person was saying you barely get any calories on this diet. That reviewer should be ashamed of themselves! Did they even read the book? Because I can barely eat all the required food on one day!!!

beachagain 01-02-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatFatnomore (Post 16738631)
So...I got on the scale after breakfast this morning, Even though I said I was going to wait until tomorrow...and I'm already down 5 pounds since Monday!!!!!

And I haven't eaten this much food on a diet in like....ever!

So flipping excited. Even though I was pretty confident it would work...I'm still shocked at how well it's working so quickly! And with so much food!

Olda, I sooooo wish I would have done this with you months ago. The reason I didn't do it back then was that I read a review on amazon and the person was saying you barely get any calories on this diet. That reviewer should be ashamed of themselves! Did they even read the book? Because I can barely eat all the required food on one day!!!

:jumpjoy::birthday::sing::up::goodpost::weigh::yah oo::kicking::congrats:

I know, right?! I wish I would have done this in July...AND...I can barely get ALL the food down...except on phase 2...I'd rather NOT eat :hyst:

Low Carb Librarian 01-02-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachagain (Post 16738618)
So...to the few new faces.....some background

a few of us have been together since 2006. many of us have been together for several years if not since 2006...We all did Low Carb or some variation of it...some of us have strayed from that plan because it wasn't working any longer....some stayed on low carb because it still worked :dunno: Some of us *cough* did every other diet under the sun...hcg being one of the last ways we tried...and failed. :cry:
We all have our own theories about eating and realize what works for one, does not necessarily work for another...so we support you...whichever way you want to eat...this is a support group, more than anything...and lastly a challenge...a challenge to succeed and reach our goals...

:dunno: just so everyone knows...we don't judge you...ever...and we support you...unconditionally :high5:

Aaaawwwww... so sweet!
:cry:

Dottie 01-02-2014 01:02 PM

Just wanted to pop in and give you an idea about the egg whites.
If you like deviled eggs, hard boil some eggs, cut in half and use the yolks for something else (sad face lol).
Squirt a little mustard and a little dill relish in the center and eat it like a deviled egg anyway.

LowCarbedD 01-02-2014 01:17 PM

Nice to see all the new faces!!!

beachagain 01-02-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16738707)
Aaaawwwww... so sweet!
:cry:

:friends: :D
goof! but it's true...no judgment here, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16738793)
Just wanted to pop in and give you an idea about the egg whites.
If you like deviled eggs, hard boil some eggs, cut in half and use the yolks for something else (sad face lol).
Squirt a little mustard and a little dill relish in the center and eat it like a deviled egg anyway.

hmmmm....interesting. I, personally, hate the yolks so I'm totally fine with just the whites....but I know a few ladies here eat deviled eggs....so great option! :high5:

beachagain 01-02-2014 02:04 PM

I got the tree down :up: but its still too snowy and clod to get my outside lights down :down:

My DH has some nasty flu/cold thing and I'm afraid I might be getting it. :mad: I am OD-ing on Vitamin C, cold snap and anything else I can get my hands on :aprayer: I do not want that crap

LowCarbedD 01-02-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16738793)
Just wanted to pop in and give you an idea about the egg whites.
If you like deviled eggs, hard boil some eggs, cut in half and use the yolks for something else (sad face lol).
Squirt a little mustard and a little dill relish in the center and eat it like a deviled egg anyway.

send the yolks over here!!!!!:hyst:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 PM.