Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 06:13 AM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Drumroll, please...I am down 3 more pounds!
Thanks for the juju! I do not usually lose weight easily. Plus, I did have that change of course with my phases over the weekend. Confession: I've been drinking decaf 1.5 cups a day.
But...I've been getting to the gym three times a week and following the plan to a T (except for the discrepancies listed above.) I feel great. I've been reading the book in my spare time. It really helps.
I will keep plugging away!
awesome!!!!!
I am so happy for you. Can't wait to hear FFs scale news....sending positive scale juju her way too

As for me...I'm at 149...I'm happy...wish it were more...but I'm happy. I will get to my goal...and it is feeling easy again. Crazy, but it was hard to get my mind back in the game after Christmas. I will not go off the rails like that again
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Down 4 pounds since Monday!! I haven't seen a drop that big well since I actually stuck to something for this long.

Menu today
B-steel cut oats, chicken sausage,coffee
L-sushi prob california rolls
S-larabar and tea
D-leftovers
E-11 mins jogging, 29 walking and weights
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Down 4 pounds since Monday!! I haven't seen a drop that big well since I actually stuck to something for this long.

Menu today
B-steel cut oats, chicken sausage,coffee
L-sushi prob california rolls
S-larabar and tea
D-leftovers
E-11 mins jogging, 29 walking and weights
awesome!!!! very awesome Amity
Old 01-18-2014, 03:51 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
Nice Job five, Amity and Beach!!! So happy for you!!!

I have decided to continue to stay off the scale til next Friday. That will be after completing 4 weeks of Jillians program. I can feel muscles that Tamoxifen (hence menopause) has taken away. I really dont want to know the number, it will probably just make me upset.

Happy weekend everyone!!
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Yay Us! I'd love to be at 149, lose 4 lbs and feel more muscles! Very inspiring!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
You guys are doing great!! I'm doing Atkins through the weekend and will decide Monday if I can start FMD. My oven died, which will make it a bit tougher. I'd like to, especially with you all doing so well on it!

Do you all really add a veggie to your breakfast? If so, which ones and how do you do that? With an omelette type thing that would work, but aside from that how do you stomach it?

And, thanks Five for the decaf confession. I'm so happy with my coffee I know that'll be a big change...but w/o cream (remembrance back to hcg) it's not worth it anyway. What do the rest of you do?

Keep up the good work ladies! I've been missing my goals between being sick all week and my mom's health. I'm kind of in survival mode these days.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Yay Us! I'd love to be at 149, lose 4 lbs and feel more muscles! Very inspiring!
I was at 162 when I stared (after getting to a 135 hcg low)
My guess is you will be with me in the 140s shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
You guys are doing great!! I'm doing Atkins through the weekend and will decide Monday if I can start FMD. My oven died, which will make it a bit tougher. I'd like to, especially with you all doing so well on it!

Do you all really add a veggie to your breakfast? If so, which ones and how do you do that? With an omelette type thing that would work, but aside from that how do you stomach it?

And, thanks Five for the decaf confession. I'm so happy with my coffee I know that'll be a big change...but w/o cream (remembrance back to hcg) it's not worth it anyway. What do the rest of you do?

Keep up the good work ladies! I've been missing my goals between being sick all week and my mom's health. I'm kind of in survival mode these days.
awww...bummer in the oven. Hope you can jump on, but I totally get if it's a challenge at this time. Sending healing thoughts your way.
Yes, veggies with Breakfast on P2 and P3 only....and I cannot stomach the P2 veggie breakfast. SOOOO I sometimes eat dinner type stuff for breakfast. In P3...my veggie is a sweet potato normally I also do a P2 breakfast thing with 2oz ground beef, 1/3 cup of egg whites, jalapenos, green chilies, onions. mushrooms (sometimes) and its edible.
I gave up coffee a while ago and switched to Tzao Zen Tea...so then that got taken away. My girlfriend from work went and bought Starbucks one day and insisted on buying me something so I asked for minty and herbal...and they hooked me up with Tzao Refresh...I'm hooked! I also like Celestial Seasonings Peppermint herbal tea. I never would have thought I'd like herbal OR mint tea...but I LOVE it The mint helps with cravings too

Goal: Maintenance

Last edited by beachagain; 01-18-2014 at 07:23 PM..
Old 01-19-2014, 03:56 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Morning!! Happy Sunday!! Jillian Day 23, P3 eating.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning...last day of P3

but then again...I love P1

I had a really rough "weekend" or my three days off. My hoarder/narcissistic father sold his hoarded to the gills shop and we have two weeks to empty it (without getting rid of anything...cause it all has enormous value) anyhoo...feel like I've been thru the wringer, sore from hauling things out, moving stuff, lifting, and carrying. It is a filthy nasty and overly frustrating job

I ate ok...but missed food due to not having time or energy to eat
Old 01-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!

Going to the Superbowl
Old 01-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post

awww...bummer in the oven. Hope you can jump on, but I totally get if it's a challenge at this time. Sending healing thoughts your way.
Yes, veggies with Breakfast on P2 and P3 only....and I cannot stomach the P2 veggie breakfast. SOOOO I sometimes eat dinner type stuff for breakfast. In P3...my veggie is a sweet potato normally I also do a P2 breakfast thing with 2oz ground beef, 1/3 cup of egg whites, jalapenos, green chilies, onions. mushrooms (sometimes) and its edible.
I gave up coffee a while ago and switched to Tzao Zen Tea...so then that got taken away. My girlfriend from work went and bought Starbucks one day and insisted on buying me something so I asked for minty and herbal...and they hooked me up with Tzao Refresh...I'm hooked! I also like Celestial Seasonings Peppermint herbal tea. I never would have thought I'd like herbal OR mint tea...but I LOVE it The mint helps with cravings too
Yes, the oven was such. Bummer! It's been a rough year! Mom fell, is still requiring time and care, I had a vicious week long stomach bug, mom fall again, and the oven is broken . Certainly not a year that is setting me up for health, weight loss and fitness! I'm back up where I was pre-hcg too! all that effort, sacrifice etc and for nothing . I guess at least I know what I look like at 145, but truthfully, I'm not looking that much worse around 165 while working out. Don't misunderstand, I'm still planning to lose some weight...I'm just not desperate or manic about it. I'm also looking at the bigger picture now, healthy long term living. Obviously you are too! I look forward to you reaching goal (again) and being blue to really live life while there! Thanks for always being supportive and encouraging, it means a lot!
Bummer on the cleaning out . Try not to stress about it, just do what you can, even though it's a thankless task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Morning!! Happy Sunday!! Jillian Day 23, P3 eating.
Go girl!!

Finally feeling human again. Not nauseous every time I eat anymore. TOM arrived (early again!). Eating generally healthily, not super low carb, had a pear and apple today, and a few beans and chips in my chili...had a few of dh's fries with my salad at lunch - which is odd as i dont really like fries? I will get on the scale tomorrow and if it says I'm 168 or above it's time I try the FMD even without an oven, company coming in a week and travel on the horizon. If I am down a bit from my last official weigh in of 168, I'll probably stick with low carb as I can manage my life more easily on it. I'd love to give a dedicated 28 days to FMD, but something always pops up to derail me before I actually start. I know, from my hcg experience that unless I'm fully motivated and focused it'll be unsuccessful. Although, it's not really a hard plan, but more structure and planning than life will accommodate just now. Sigh. LC is livable, and I know it well. I'll probably do more strict during the week, then loosen up some more on the weekend.

I hope to hit the gym tomorrow. Been over a week, which usually gets me out of the habit. Not this time! Body combat here I come!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #252
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah...I finally gained my pre-hcg weight before I broke down and tried this diet...I actually was doing a round of hcg out of desperation and gained and kept gaining ....So I got this diet info and started on the spot. When I lost 5 pounds the first week...I was sold. Even if the losses were not as extreme later, I was able to get 11 pounds of in 5 weeks.
The plus side of this diet is feeling normal (like you said). I debated this diet for several months before I actually did it...but for me, when I gained....I gained where I could not fit in ANY of my clothes so, ugh...I was desperate. I had to get really creative with clothing so I could work until I could lose enough to wear my clothes.

Because of the amount of time cooking and preparing for this diet...it isn't on my list of easy diets...but it isn't extremely difficult once you get used to it. I tend to obsess so that always challenges me.

I say if you are doing well...just survive until you can get your brain in the game. I'm glad I am able to support you...it make me feel better about life

and yeah...dealing with family craziness...* sigh**

Last edited by beachagain; 01-19-2014 at 06:11 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 07:39 AM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello??????????

FF where are you????

P1 today
Old 01-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey all... I have been around, but with nothing to say.
You all are found so well. Keep it up!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

well...talk anyway....I'm lonely in here.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #256
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
I'm here!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Just binged... it was on asparagus chicken brown rice soup but it was a binge beyond belief. I am so stuffed I cant move. Oh well.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post

I hope I'll be with you in the 140s soon!

Julie, I make an egg bake for P2. I found it on the website. Basically, I saute garlic, mush, red onion and spinach. I put it in a pie pyrex. Pour the egg whites over and bake. I'll use 1/3 serving for my protein at breakfast and lunch. I'll spit the last 1/3 for snack protein. For dinner, I'll have a massive salad with tuna.
Do you think you can use a toaster oven to hold you over until you get a new oven?
My friend wound up getting off from work on her bday so we went for massages. The big downfall for me was that they served complementary champagne. My resistance was futile.
I am back on track today. I will keep at it. The fact that I am planning to do this for an extra week helps alleviate my guilt.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

yay I wondered where everyone went

I'll be around all night...I will be working over night after working 10 hours today The good news...my work week will be over at 7 am

olda. you can do it

kitty...I always love it when you pop in...(you should do it more often)

you have this five
Old 01-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #260

Haha! Love popping! Been so scattered lately.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

I hear ya...but lately this is everything that is keeping me on track
My life is really crazy right now...this is the only thing I have control of current;y
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #262

I completely get that!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/137.4/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
Im here too...!!

We had an awesome 5 mile walk today...we only stopped when my DH's hips hurt!!! I outlasted him!!!

We ate GREAT.....Im learning to be content when he orders a small full sugar soda...and not a super large....he lost another 3 lbs!!! so I cant complain!!!

I bought a fitbit today..it should be here by WED>....DH gets one too...

I worked today...and a client asked me about how I ate...she asked for my high protein/l/c "granola " recipe...I don't preach..it isn't my style....but I DO answer questions...
goal made 04.04.14
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #264

Woohoo, Deb!

Bed calls!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:19 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Morning. Happy Snow Storm Day here in NY. Trying not to be depressed.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Olda snow day here too. My kids are home at 11am and I won't let it deter my efforts. Not weighing again until Wednesday.

Cleaning right now.

Food
B-oats, coffee, 1/3 Larabar
L-leftover grilled chicken on salad w/brown rice
D-greek turkey burger, sweet potato fries, broccoli
E-weights and stair climbing

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Snow days are usually do nothing binge days. Not this time.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 AM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning girls!! Good to see you guys!!

Five-massages! yay!! You'll do fine and that extra week will help too!!

Low-WTG!!! outlasting dh! I like to share when asked too, I also try not to preach. . nice.

Old-don't sweat it, it's not like it was brownies, etc. Good choice for a cheat.

Beach-you're doing great!!

I'm down 2 lbs to 166. Works for me! I'm gonna' stick w. LC for now and see how it goes. If/when it stalls out or I gain from an indulgence I'll probably start FMD. For now I'll keep LC going. (truthfully I'm not ready to give up my coffee/cream and GY).

Let's keep it up girls!! Only a few more weeks!!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Morning. Happy Snow Storm Day here in NY. Trying not to be depressed.

Hope you are stay warm!!!! and safe!!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

Low-WTG!!! outlasting dh! I like to share when asked too, I also try not to preach. . nice.

I'm down 2 lbs to 166. Works for me! I'm gonna' stick w. LC for now and see how it goes. If/when it stalls out or I gain from an indulgence I'll probably start FMD. For now I'll keep LC going. (truthfully I'm not ready to give up my coffee/cream and GY).

Let's keep it up girls!! Only a few more weeks!!
2 lbs!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

It looks like you and I are the l/c reps here!!! LOL