Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 577
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
julie - I hope the 4 pounds stays off!!!!!

welcome tris!

well said LC

Those of you looking for wine choices.... I did some research a few months back on nurtitional value of wine. The lowest carb amount I found was in a brand called Cavit. All of their wine choices (Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon) have .7 carbs per glass. That is wayyyy lower than other options which are 4 carbs per glass. Just wanted to pass it on.... most grocery stores at least carry Cavit in Pinot Grigio but grocery stores are usually willing to order wine if you ask them to. I don't like it as well as I like Rex Goliath but was willing to change to save the carbs
Do you notice a difference when you drink Cavit? Do you have the wild weight swing when you drink alcohol?
Thanks!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Four pounds...WTH! I was hoping FMD would put an end to the wild weight swings.
I haven't weighed myself yet. I am trying to hold off until Friday.
Good Luck!
not until you fix your metabolism....after the first 28 days. I'm back down...but I want to actually hit goal and I have not really lost much this week
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:42 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!
 
oldafw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,003
Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
I cannot believe how busy I am. Teaching a class this semester, between prep for that, work, life and making sure I fit JM in... I dont have a second!
My clothes are still tight. I guess I have to cut my calories. Was trying to just focus on getting strong and eating p3. Oh well!!!
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!
 
Amity228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 1,442
Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Morning everyone!

Olda I was thinking, since it is JM maybe you are putting on some muscle. I know when I did the 30 day shred muscle was popping out all over.

Food today
B-homemade cereal, almond milk, coffee
S-celery hummus
L-ground beef with cabbage and brown rice
S-apple w/tbsp almond butter
D-meatloaf, salad, sweet potato
Exercise was 40 mins on Treadmill and weights
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,499
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Oh Julie, you are the third person I know who has come down with that stomach bug in the last few weeks! Poor you! I'm glad you're feeling better!
I do best if I just don't eat. Every time i do I feel sick again . I heard this can last. Week, and guess im experiencing it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Where do you live? Sounds lovely! We like to hike but aren't walking distance to any hikes... is great, even with silly tests . Enjoy the tests and rewards!

We live in the NWesternmost area of Las Vegas...Its so much more than the Strip..outside of the strip it is totally family friendly and has sooo many opportunities for outdoor sports!!..We are about 20 min from a mountain resort.....our goal this year is to hike a rather strenuous trail up the local canyon.
Sounds similar to me. I'm in AZ, near Phoenix. I love Red Rock out there, a lot like our Sedona. Great hiking and trail riding .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
We are blessed to live in an area where we can do outdoor activities 9 months out of the year..that makes the exercise part of our focus so much easier.. we are close to the mountains...the beach ( 4 hr drive)..desert...so we have no excuse for not being active...but sometimes we aren't....I no longer chase after the ultimate meal....but if I did Las Vegas WOULD be a stumbling block..the culinary choices are beyond incredible.... and the Ethel M factory.." to die for"..

Wherever you are, there are temptations...NOTHING is worth the cost we pay in our health..and our self esteem..our energy, activity...and our life...

In my humble opinion
I'm so with you. Ironically our summer is our bad season, unlike the rest of the world. Getting and staying active outside is important. I need to make it more of a daily thing not just on weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
julie - I hope the 4 pounds stays off!!!!!

welcome tris!

well said LC

Those of you looking for wine choices.... I did some research a few months back on nurtitional value of wine. The lowest carb amount I found was in a brand called Cavit. All of their wine choices (Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon) have .7 carbs per glass. That is wayyyy lower than other options which are 4 carbs per glass. Just wanted to pass it on.... most grocery stores at least carry Cavit in Pinot Grigio but grocery stores are usually willing to order wine if you ask them to. I don't like it as well as I like Rex Goliath but was willing to change to save the carbs
They didn't . But I'm not surprised. Good info. Wonder why there's is so low? I rarely imbibe anymore. Dh is dry which limits my intake too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
I cannot believe how busy I am. Teaching a class this semester, between prep for that, work, life and making sure I fit JM in... I dont have a second!
My clothes are still tight. I guess I have to cut my calories. Was trying to just focus on getting strong and eating p3. Oh well!!!
I'm reaching this conclusion too. Calorie cutting. Sigh. But I'm sure your faithful exercise will pay off eventually!

I have been trying to wrap my head around metabolism and diet etc. Everything I read and know logically indicates that for a fast metabolsim to exist, you need plenty of calories to fuel it and keep it humming. How does FMD get the metabolsim going on such low calorie levels? I'm only half way through the book, but does she explain how/why it works? Or hopefully guarantee it works? I'd love a miracle cure for my sluggish metabolism, but am very afraid of lowering calories again. Hcg really did a number on my already slow metabolism. I've been researching and refueling for months, but can't find the right balance btw keeping it (metabolism) higher, while simultaneously losing some weight? can you tell I'm toying w/ trying it?

This conundrum is why I'm doing LC for now. It seems the only plan where you can lose some weight while on higher calories? That, plus exercising so things look smaller and tighter too .

Once I'm well, that is. No workouts yet this week I actually miss it, which is good! Looking forward to feeling whole soon.
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,857
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Julie, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that FMD is low calorie. As far as I know, we're not even counting calories. The only thing we are doing is controlling meat portions at meal times...but even then you're eating every couple of hours so overall it's the same amount of meat as I'd eat when I'm not on the diet anyhow. And 4 days a week you don't add fats when you're cooking. And it's so much food. Like...so much that sometimes I can barely eat all of it without feeling like a stuffed pig.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!
 
hellsbelles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,600
Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Do you notice a difference when you drink Cavit? Do you have the wild weight swing when you drink alcohol?
Thanks!
I don't notice a difference in my weight at all after having Cavit. It usually stays the same which makes me happy because I get to have some on the weekend!!!


Hey all - just checking in ! Still hanging in there for me...
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
my take on the calories...

It is lower than the standard Low Carb diet. But with Phase 1 and Phase 3, it is filling and loaded with foods that have been restricted to us Low carbers for so long. It is significantly higher in calories than hcg. Phase 2 is the most difficult. It is low carb, but without the fats such as cheese, regular bacon...fat in general....it's really hard to feel satisfied. But the protein during all phases equals 4 ounces during the meals and 2 ounces for snacks...but of course this varies from phase to phase. I feel I eat more calories than before...but also I am eating better quality calories than before. Also with Low Carb...you can eat your fill as long as you don't go over your grams of carbs. I enjoyed it, I won't lie, but I don't think it gave me a very healthy view on food, and this diet is changing the way I think. I like that. I feel so much better...healthier...even regular I feel like my body is working better...
When I first went through her book, my first thought was 'eh...too restricting. I don't want to eat this or that.' I revisited it and tried it, and I love the food...I LOVE food I never knew I liked...like sweet potatoes
I feel so satisfied with the food (other than phase 2...which I'm in right now )
__________________



Goal: Maintenance
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,857
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
I have more than 20 pounds to lose so my meat portions are 6 oz for meals and 3 for snacks. Maybe that's why it doesn't feel low calorie at all to me.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,029
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/135.4/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Got a great 125 min bike ride!!!!! Feels GREAT!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
I have more than 20 pounds to lose so my meat portions are 6 oz for meals and 3 for snacks. Maybe that's why it doesn't feel low calorie at all to me.
IDK....it feels good to me, but I sometimes get hungry. but mostly on P2. I have a ferocious appetite sometimes, which is why, I think, Atkins was so awesome for me in the beginning...I could eat a five pound steak and a tiny salad and be like.... yum!
But then, after a while, I couldn't eat AN---YYY--THING and lose it.
I guess what I'm hoping for is normalcy....like Julie is saying here...that my metabolism will burn through what I put in my body.

Julie what would shock you is...what you can eat. I never dreamt I could eat sweet potatoes and not be as big as a house...and fruit...all fruit, and carrots. All the things that have been taboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Got a great 125 min bike ride!!!!! Feels GREAT!
I'm so impressed!!
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
so...I snuck on the scale today
I was down 2 pounds already from last week...and that after phase 1
I'm hoping to be well into the 140s after P2
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
I should clarify also...I lost the wine weight too...and I am working on the next 10 pounds.
I ended the diet in December at 151.5
I started this round higher...but I'm not sure where....I know I had a false start the first week and so I'm not really counting that week but my weight fluctuated between 152 and 154. I was at 150 this morning I hope I get another pound or two in P2
Goal is to be in the low 140s by the end of the month
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to work hard to come even close
it's a mighty lofty goal considering I messed up the first week and had wine last Saturday

Last edited by beachagain; 01-15-2014 at 04:27 PM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,499
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Julie, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that FMD is low calorie. As far as I know, we're not even counting calories. The only thing we are doing is controlling meat portions at meal times...but even then you're eating every couple of hours so overall it's the same amount of meat as I'd eat when I'm not on the diet anyhow. And 4 days a week you don't add fats when you're cooking. And it's so much food. Like...so much that sometimes I can barely eat all of it without feeling like a stuffed pig.
That's a good endorsement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
my take on the calories...

It is lower than the standard Low Carb diet. But with Phase 1 and Phase 3, it is filling and loaded with foods that have been restricted to us Low carbers for so long. It is significantly higher in calories than hcg. Phase 2 is the most difficult. It is low carb, but without the fats such as cheese, regular bacon...fat in general....it's really hard to feel satisfied. But the protein during all phases equals 4 ounces during the meals and 2 ounces for snacks...but of course this varies from phase to phase. I feel I eat more calories than before...but also I am eating better quality calories than before. Also with Low Carb...you can eat your fill as long as you don't go over your grams of carbs. I enjoyed it, I won't lie, but I don't think it gave me a very healthy view on food, and this diet is changing the way I think. I like that. I feel so much better...healthier...even regular I feel like my body is working better...
When I first went through her book, my first thought was 'eh...too restricting. I don't want to eat this or that.' I revisited it and tried it, and I love the food...I LOVE food I never knew I liked...like sweet potatoes
I feel so satisfied with the food (other than phase 2...which I'm in right now )
Thanks for your take on it. It does seem restrictive to me, but having done hcg it's not as bad as that . And , it's working for you congrats on losing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
I have more than 20 pounds to lose so my meat portions are 6 oz for meals and 3 for snacks. Maybe that's why it doesn't feel low calorie at all to me.
That may be it. When I hear "4oz" of meat a meal... I think starving! 6 would be nicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Got a great 125 min bike ride!!!!! Feels GREAT!
WTG! That's long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
IDK....it feels good to me, but I sometimes get hungry. but mostly on P2. I have a ferocious appetite sometimes, which is why, I think, Atkins was so awesome for me in the beginning...I could eat a five pound steak and a tiny salad and be like.... yum!
But then, after a while, I couldn't eat AN---YYY--THING and lose it.
I guess what I'm hoping for is normalcy....like Julie is saying here...that my metabolism will burn through what I put in my body.

Julie what would shock you is...what you can eat. I never dreamt I could eat sweet potatoes and not be as big as a house...and fruit...all fruit, and carrots. All the things that have been taboo



I'm so impressed!!
I do love sweet potatoes. Do you really eat a whole big sweet potato where it's an option and still lose? I'm trying to believe. I want to believe, but think I'll just have to try it for myself.

Five-how's it going for you?

I'm still working through this stomach bug anything I eat (aside from rice chex or applesauce) makes me nauseated . Hopefully I'll feel better soon!

I am plannig to try the FMD Monday. I hope this weekend I can do some food prep and wrap my head around this plan. I need something structured, but more variety and that will actually keep my metabolsim going while losing some weight. Here's to hoping!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,857
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
I totally agree, Julie. 4 oz of meat doesn't sound like a lot. What I do is pair my meat with a TON of vegetables. Seriously...the bowl of food I eat at every meal is embarrassingly large. Lol And yes, I eat sweet potatoes every week in p3. It's my favorite part of the diet. I make sweet potato fries in the oven and I sit there eating them thinking "I can't believe I'm eating this and still losing weight" lol
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 577
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
I don't notice a difference in my weight at all after having Cavit. It usually stays the same which makes me happy because I get to have some on the weekend!!!


Hey all - just checking in ! Still hanging in there for me...
You might have changed my life.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,857
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Beach, congrats on losing that much weight already this week! Woohoo!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 577
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
That's a good endorsement!


Thanks for your take on it. It does seem restrictive to me, but having done hcg it's not as bad as that . And , it's working for you congrats on losing .


That may be it. When I hear "4oz" of meat a meal... I think starving! 6 would be nicer


WTG! That's long!


I do love sweet potatoes. Do you really eat a whole big sweet potato where it's an option and still lose? I'm trying to believe. I want to believe, but think I'll just have to try it for myself.

Five-how's it going for you?

I'm still working through this stomach bug anything I eat (aside from rice chex or applesauce) makes me nauseated . Hopefully I'll feel better soon!

I am plannig to try the FMD Monday. I hope this weekend I can do some food prep and wrap my head around this plan. I need something structured, but more variety and that will actually keep my metabolsim going while losing some weight. Here's to hoping!
Hi, Julie, I am loving it. I feel like the pendulum has swung back to healthy eating. I am almost two weeks in and I feel great. I haven't weighed yet bc I promised myself not to weigh until Friday. I'll be sure to let you know.
I can tell you that my jeans are fitting better.

However, I ate about 4 ounces of smoked salmon and I am concerned about the sodium. I will get the rest of my protein w some egg whites tonight.
I hope it is all worked out by Friday morning.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
It is amazing eating all these "forbidden" foods. I did Atkins the first time in 98 and I have had the "forbidden" mentality ever since!
I eat my sweet potato hash browns during P3 and muse. I also bake a sweet potato during P1 and eat it with cinnamon

The hardest thing for me, was wrapping my head around the fact this is a diet change...not a diet. I thought maybe I could eat the old way and keep the weight off, but having gone through one round...I find it is easier to eat P3 with more fruit...it is difficult to avoid bad foods. I am working on that mentality. She insists you can have occasional splurges and have no problems...I really hope it's true...it was true for Olda

Five... congrats...I am really sending good scale juju your way

Juile: I hope your mom is on the up side of her injury...and wishing you feel better soon

other musings...I don't miss cheese, because I have never been a huge fan...but I kind of miss butter I don't miss dairy really...because I'm totally cool with almond, rice and coconut milks. I hate regular milk...have not had one glass since I was age 11.
I miss chips...but I can make sweet potato chips and oh man!! Yummo
I miss green tea...I already gave up coffee. Now I love herbal teas...peppermint. and that would have never been a fav
I can't think of anything I can't live without that we shouldn't have...because there is always a splurge
cooking and preparing is very difficult...but it is so easy if you spend one day cooking and freezing (or refrigerating)
I make steel cut oats, brown or wild rice, and quinoa ahead of time and keep it in containers. I also portion out 4 oz of meat and get it ready to cook. I made her meatballs today and will freeze (they are yummy). I make her jerky but with chicken...its super easy and good for P2. I keep things simple, but I do a lot of prepping. It isn't 'much' worse than cooking for hcg but it is a lot of cooking, cutting, storing, and prepping.

Belle

Last edited by beachagain; 01-15-2014 at 07:32 PM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!
 
Low Carb Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,901
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey all !
Have a great weekend!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #231
Junior LCF Member
 
mom24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: whittier, ca
Posts: 4
Gallery: mom24
Stats: 237/153/141
WOE: my own lc thing
Start Date: 9/14/2011
Hey everyone I haven't weighed yet since I had a health scare n was hospitalized for a week but was able to come home yesterday n went back to working out tonite n eating on track.. Hospital food is full of carbs n made me feel worse
mom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 AM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24 View Post
Hey everyone I haven't weighed yet since I had a health scare n was hospitalized for a week but was able to come home yesterday n went back to working out tonite n eating on track.. Hospital food is full of carbs n made me feel worse
Oh my!! please feel better
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Hey Five what is your weight loss goal again?
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,029
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/135.4/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
158.8 !!!!!!!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!
 
hellsbelles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,600
Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
You might have changed my life.
Hahahahahaha!!! I'm glad I could help
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 577
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
Hey Five what is your weight loss goal again?
Thanks for the juju! I'll chime in tomorrow as soon as I weigh in.
I am nervous that I'll be disappointed...but, really, I'll take anything! My goal is to get down so I can maintain 145-148. I was happy there.
P2 was a little rough today, but there is always tomorrow!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 577
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
158.8 !!!!!!!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,029
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/135.4/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Thank you so much fiven!!!!


A pound means a lot ...Im a menopausal woman...my victories...are different from others..but no less noteworthy
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Thanks for the juju! I'll chime in tomorrow as soon as I weigh in.
I am nervous that I'll be disappointed...but, really, I'll take anything! My goal is to get down so I can maintain 145-148. I was happy there.
P2 was a little rough today, but there is always tomorrow!
P2 is the hardest thing ever!!!! We all think it's going to be easy because we did low carb...but P2 isn't for the faint of heart

I'm sure you will be happily surprised tomorrow...still sending that scale juju your way
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Thank you so much fiven!!!!


A pound means a lot ...Im a menopausal woman...my victories...are different from others..but no less noteworthy
I'm with ya! sort of, I think. Regardless, I'm old and had my lining burned out...so I'm not sure if I will ever have a period again...so far not
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 577
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
P2 is the hardest thing ever!!!! We all think it's going to be easy because we did low carb...but P2 isn't for the faint of heart

I'm sure you will be happily surprised tomorrow...still sending that scale juju your way


I'm with ya! sort of, I think. Regardless, I'm old and had my lining burned out...so I'm not sure if I will ever have a period again...so far not
Drumroll, please...I am down 3 more pounds!
Thanks for the juju! I do not usually lose weight easily. Plus, I did have that change of course with my phases over the weekend. Confession: I've been drinking decaf 1.5 cups a day.
But...I've been getting to the gym three times a week and following the plan to a T (except for the discrepancies listed above.) I feel great. I've been reading the book in my spare time. It really helps.
I will keep plugging away!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.