Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Morning All!

Got up early today and to Whole Foods. I ended up buying cashew butter, Beach! It sounds yummy. I will mix it with the cocoa powder and stevia later and have it for my afternoon snack. Can't wait!

Speaking of Whole Foods, I bought raspberries, cucumbers, zucchini, cashew butter, and raw walnuts....and it cost 62 bucks! WTH? Why is that store so ridiculous??? ARG!
I know, right? I shop at Sprouts which can be just as pricey $72 on Thursday...hoping it lasts
Quote:
For the record, cashew butter + cocoa powder + stevia + celery = DIVINE

Yum. So satisfied now.
pretty awesome, huh? I would not have thought of celery
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
lol Well I had to get my veggies in, and I figured if I like peanut butter on celery I'd love chocolate cashew butter on it too. It was yummy.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

today was not great for me... I ate well on plan...but....I drank wine
Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Not even saying what I ate today...
Tomorrow is another day ...
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Maybe it won't even effect you, Beach! Don't sweat it. Just be perfect tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/140.8/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Hi,Deb,
I noticed our stats are so similar. We weighed the same today. Too much! Keep up the great work!
WE can do this...the 150's are OURS!!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Stepped on the scale this morning. THAT was a mistake!

Lesson learned. I will listen to Beach from here on out and NEVER weigh unless it's after phase 2. Sheesh. Talk about a mood killer.

Menu today:
B: steel cut oats, coconut milk, blackberries, celery
S: cashew butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia, celery
L: chicken, hummus, celery, cherries
S: baked sweet potato fries
D: chicken, hummus, celery

I hope you're all having a great weekend.

And Beach...I have one thing to say to you....

LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:33 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Go Broncos I have my Jersey on but I'm working today

Yeah...that scale is not good on P3...I got on the scale today also

so...on the wine...the good news...I feel crappy

Menu:
B: egg, steel cut oats, grapefruit, peppers
S: Olives and veggies
L: Spaghetti Squash, with meat and veggie sauce, black olives, grapefruit
S: Almond butter and veggies
D: not sure yet

Last edited by beachagain; 01-12-2014 at 06:38 AM..
Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Man, that scale really did a number on my head this morning. All morning I've been thinking "what if this isn't working for me? What if I don't lose any more weight?"

Scales. Are. Evil.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

they are truly evil...but know that everything I have read and everything I have seen with me, tells me it works

The biggest things for me are: I feel better, I eat better, and I am no longer obsessed with the scale. Before...I weighed my self daily...now, once a week or so I worry more with how things fit
Old 01-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

You are right Beach. I need to just calm down until Friday when I weigh in again. I'm sure it will be down significantly from where it was today. Hopefully.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You are right Beach. I need to just calm down until Friday when I weigh in again. I'm sure it will be down significantly from where it was today. Hopefully.

It's hard...I know, I did it once. I also weighed in this morning because of the wine and I shouldn't of
Old 01-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Keep at it FF!!! Do the 28 days no matter what. Beach is right. It works.

Day 16 done with JM (its TOUGH) Feeling so much better. Ate well minus a margarita.... Well, 2. lol

I notice that not only am I tough on myself regarding my weight and what I eat... but also on so many other things. I am such a people pleaser and it causes me so much stress. I know you can always please everyone but it still gets me. I will work on that.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

We just finished a 2 hr- 6.75 mile trail walk...we live .7 miles from a state park...we've lived here almost 4 yrs and we just figured that out on one of our other long walks...the southern most trailhead is up the street!!!.I think I wore my DH out!!!
We both ate very well...he seems to do well when Im with him...
We filled out our HealthCare Survey for our medical insurance...if we stay on program we get $100 cash at each level...and no health surcharge next yr ( don't ask me what I think of all this)...some of it was interesting....some bull&$T..I had to bite my tongue at the nutrition part...I got a score of 91 ( of 100) DH 77...( I got marked off for not scoring high on environmental concerns- esp. not supporting global warming policy)
WTH does THAT have to do with health!!! and don't get me started on the emotional health section....Im in the field and some high school psych student must have written it..

The good part is they pay for a blood..urine and A1C Panel...so I will have my numbers..

I know I know..."just do it ...roll your eyes...but do it"
goal made 04.04.14
Old 01-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
I can't wait til my almond butter runs out so I can get some cashew butter.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Stick in there guys and step away frm the scale!

I am not stepping on that thing until I am good and ready... It totally messes up my mind.
I know I can lose the way I am eating so I am just trusting in the process.

Have a great week! I have a lot to do with my son turning 5 on Sunday. I am making a Wreck it Ralph cake and a bunch of heart cookies this week while working full time. <--- don't know if that is a code for a smiley... It should be!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:16 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Morning! I'm down 1.9 this week. I can't decide if I want my weigh in days to be Friday or Monday but I guess since Valentines Day is on a Friday it should be Friday. Either way I was the same weight today as I was on Friday....

FF - scales are definitely evil. I get on it everyday. It sucks. I hope one day to break that cycle. We'll see....

olda - I'm a people pleaser too. It's so stressful being that way....

I'm excited to see everyone's success this challenge - with workouts and eating. I read through all of the posts and so many to comment on. I love reading them and it helps keep me on plan !! Have a great day all!
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

everyone

So, FF...I ate PERFECT yesterday hope it helps
Old 01-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post

Day 16 done with JM (its TOUGH) Feeling so much better. Ate well minus a margarita.... Well, 2. lol

I notice that not only am I tough on myself regarding my weight and what I eat... but also on so many other things. I am such a people pleaser and it causes me so much stress. I know you can always please everyone but it still gets me. I will work on that.
I'm such a people pleaser too! I don't know how to say no! I will work on that this year too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
We just finished a 2 hr- 6.75 mile trail walk...we live .7 miles from a state park...we've lived here almost 4 yrs and we just figured that out on one of our other long walks...the southern most trailhead is up the street!!!.I think I wore my DH out!!!
We filled out our HealthCare Survey for our medical insurance...if we stay on program we get $100 cash at each level...and no health surcharge next yr ( don't ask me what I think of all this)...some of it was interesting....some bull&..I had to bite my tongue at the nutrition part...I got a score of 91 ( of 100) DH 77...( I got marked off for not scoring high on environmental concerns- esp. not supporting global warming policy)
WTH does THAT have to do with health!!! and don't get me started on the emotional health section....Im in the field and some high school psych student must have written it..

The good part is they pay for a blood..urine and A1C Panel...so I will have my numbers..

Whoa! That is a LOT of walking! Good for you!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
I can't wait til my almond butter runs out so I can get some cashew butter.
It is sooooo good, Amity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post

I am not stepping on that thing until I am good and ready... It totally messes up my mind.

Have a great week! I have a lot to do with my son turning 5 on Sunday. I am making a Wreck it Ralph cake and a bunch of heart cookies this week while working full time. <--- don't know if that is a code for a smiley... It should be!
I hear you! I'm avoiding the scale for a bit too! Good luck with your cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Morning! I'm down 1.9 this week. I can't decide if I want my weigh in days to be Friday or Monday but I guess since Valentines Day is on a Friday it should be Friday. Either way I was the same weight today as I was on Friday....

FF - scales are definitely evil. I get on it everyday. It sucks. I hope one day to break that cycle. We'll see....

I'm excited to see everyone's success this challenge - with workouts and eating. I read through all of the posts and so many to comment on. I love reading them and it helps keep me on plan !! Have a great day all!
Yay Belle! Two more pounds gone!!! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
everyone

So, FF...I ate PERFECT yesterday hope it helps
Woohoo Beach! You will be rewarded on Friday, for sure!

Hi to everyone else!

I'm hanging in, waiting for TOM to come and go so I can start feeling better again. And taking water pills to help with the pms bloat. lol
Old 01-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
I went to the gym...completed 65 min cardio!! 13 min over my 420 min goal for the week...my DH and I will have a nice long walk on Sunday..with a possible walk Sat. too!!
So at least for this week WOOHOO!

Got on the scale and there was 159.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHMYGOODNESS!
Im in the 150's!!!!
Woohoo!! wonderful!!

Quote:
ugh....I hate my computer....GREAT POST on my part!!

It really did say something!
i was curious too

Quote:

Anyway, Day 15 finished for JM. Those are some TOUGH workouts. Added in some extra cardio at the end. Still afraid of the scale. If I see a bad number I will stop working out so maybe one more week. Happy weekend! Off to clean my house with music blasting and some dancing involved (home alone)
I usually gain from exercise for a while too. You're wise to keep going and take a break from the scale! WTG on the Jm workouts!

Quote:
they are truly evil...but know that everything I have read and everything I have seen with me, tells me it works

The biggest things for me are: I feel better, I eat better, and I am no longer obsessed with the scale. Before...I weighed my self daily...now, once a week or so I worry more with how things fit
Great victories...KUTGW!

Quote:

I'm a people pleaser too. Sometimes it's a good thing, being kind is good, but gotta keep it in check.

Quote:
We filled out our HealthCare Survey for our medical insurance...if we stay on program we get $100 cash at each level...and no health surcharge next yr ( don't ask me what I think of all this)...some of it was interesting....some bull&..I had to bite my tongue at the nutrition part...I got a score of 91 ( of 100) DH 77...( I got marked off for not scoring high on environmental concerns- esp. not supporting global warming policy)

Where do you live? Sounds lovely! We like to hike but aren't walking distance to any hikes... $incentive is great, even with silly tests . Enjoy the tests and rewards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post

Busy week!! Hope it's stress free and fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post

Congrats! Nice loss!

Well, good news bad news...I got on the scale today and am down 4 lbs! but, I've had a vicious stomach bug since Sat. night, and completely cleaned myself out , so I know it's not a real loss. I haven't been sick like that in years. And it was awful! no sleep, all night up to the bathroom...I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say I was completely Emory by Sunday morning . I'm eating rice chex, ginger ale, Gatorade and chicken soup right now, and back on the LC wagon tomorrow, if I feel up to it.

Oh, my oven died too! Which is always a challenge!

But, at least I feel human again today.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Julie, you are the third person I know who has come down with that stomach bug in the last few weeks! Poor you! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:

It's hard...I know, I did it once. I also weighed in this morning because of the wine and I shouldn't of
I drank wine on Saturday. It happens.

Was your weight affected?
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
I drank wine on Saturday. It happens.

Was your weight affected?
yeah...4 pounds up

Onward, right?
Old 01-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Where do you live? Sounds lovely! We like to hike but aren't walking distance to any hikes... $incentive is great, even with silly tests . Enjoy the tests and rewards!

We live in the NWesternmost area of Las Vegas...Its so much more than the Strip..outside of the strip it is totally family friendly and has sooo many opportunities for outdoor sports!!..We are about 20 min from a mountain resort.....our goal this year is to hike a rather strenuous trail up the local canyon.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

We are blessed to live in an area where we can do outdoor activities 9 months out of the year..that makes the exercise part of our focus so much easier.. we are close to the mountains...the beach ( 4 hr drive)..desert...so we have no excuse for not being active...but sometimes we aren't....I no longer chase after the ultimate meal....but if I did Las Vegas WOULD be a stumbling block..the culinary choices are beyond incredible.... and the Ethel M factory.." to die for"..

Wherever you are, there are temptations...NOTHING is worth the cost we pay in our health..and our self esteem..our energy, activity...and our life...

In my humble opinion
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #206
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trismama
Stats: 235/207/160
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Love these challenges.
Goal:
1. Lose 20 lbs by mid February
2. Be able to get into my not that fat jeans lol
Trismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Tris!

Good morning everyone else!

Just walked 2 miles. Yay! It's HOT out there. It's supposed to cool down the rest of the week though so my walks will be much more pleasant.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
julie - I hope the 4 pounds stays off!!!!!

welcome tris!

well said LC

Those of you looking for wine choices.... I did some research a few months back on nurtitional value of wine. The lowest carb amount I found was in a brand called Cavit. All of their wine choices (Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon) have .7 carbs per glass. That is wayyyy lower than other options which are 4 carbs per glass. Just wanted to pass it on.... most grocery stores at least carry Cavit in Pinot Grigio but grocery stores are usually willing to order wine if you ask them to. I don't like it as well as I like Rex Goliath but was willing to change to save the carbs
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

I need to keep my butt away from the wine

I'm over it...no control
Old 01-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
I need to keep my butt away from the wine

I'm over it...no control
Four pounds...WTH! I was hoping FMD would put an end to the wild weight swings.
I haven't weighed myself yet. I am trying to hold off until Friday.
Good Luck!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote