Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Hey Beach what's the high temp today in and around your neck of CO today? Today our high was 13 and it was miserably cold. The TV radio people were having a field day throwing pots of boiling water outside and watching it turn into snow. Lol! My washed fluid for my car even froze. So ready for the 50s by the weekend.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Hey Beach what's the high temp today in and around your neck of CO today? Today our high was 13 and it was miserably cold. The TV radio people were having a field day throwing pots of boiling water outside and watching it turn into snow. Lol! My washed fluid for my car even froze. So ready for the 50s by the weekend.
the mid 40s here

yesterday, it was in the low teens
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Casey, have you ever lived around here before? Or up north? If not, what a start LOL

Hey girls! going n day 2 back on the wagon here. Got to recover so much that I messed up. but like I said, I have to do this!
You can do it Kitty! I gained a toooonnnn over Christmas week too. But back on the wagon for 8 days now and I feel great. Give it another day or so and you'll start feeling good again!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

40s sounds like a heat wave.

The first day for me yesterday was terrible but today is so much better.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/137.4/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Casey, have you ever lived around here before? Or up north? If not, what a start LOL

Hey girls! going n day 2 back on the wagon here. Got to recover so much that I messed up. but like I said, I have to do this!
Kitty you can do this!!!
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/159/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
We can do this ladies!! Week one is going strong!!

LowcarbedD-I'm right there with you!! I'm hoping to get to 155 by Feb 14 too! I'll be happy anywhere in the 150's right now, but I've really overdone it the past month or so. The scale is only one measurement, we can do it!!

I didn't make the gym today as I had to go to my mom's early and get her situated with the caregiver (long story, she fell last week and has been in the hospital) It's looking up, but it's challenging too. I will hit the gym tomorrow before heading over to check on her. I'm not gonna' let this be an excuse to skip my workouts .

That said, I weighed again today So much for weekly weight only!. But, I'm happy to be 168.4 today, so I've lost 6 lbs since I went back to LC less than a week ago (Jan. 2). I'm planning to drop another 10lbs by Feb 14…as least I hope to! I should be able to get down to 165 easily enough…as I was there before major Dec. indulging. I'd love to see if fly off, and that first week of LC does spoil you with scale drops. I'll need to remind myself of that and watch portions down the road. For now, I'm eating a LOT of calories but sticking to healthy LC ones .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:04 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Julie I noticed in your stats you lost alot of weight. Congrats especially maintaining that loss!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Ok so I've been a sucky sucky checker inner over the last month or more. Sorry . I could name all the excuses as to why I haven't checked in but ultimately I still should have.

I think I was somewhere around 181 before Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was 183 after New Years so I really didn't gain much. This has been the first Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday that I can ever remember that I didn't feel like a big fat cow after and also where I didn't gain a ton of weight back. I'm not sure what the reason is other than maybe I have finally reset my metabolism by working out so much. Whatever it is I'm glad. I didn't watch what I ate for November or December but continued to work out like I was doing before. I'm back to low carb this week though and my overall goal is to lose the last 30 pounds and then maintain. My goal for this challenge is to lose 10-15 pounds which is around 2 - 2.5 pounds a week.

My other goal is to check in once a day. I would really like to get back to doing that. I'll try not to be as lame this challenge ! I hope everyone is doing well and I'm going to read the posts now...
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
I just read through the posts to catch up. FMD sounds really interesting. Even if I don't do the plan I want to read the book for the information....
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
all new people!

Good to see you back Kitty!!!!

Fighting dizziness and a migraine this morning... Everyone has been going through a stomach bug here, so I still might have a touch of that too...

I think I am back to my "before holiday party marathon" weight, but I am not weighing for a while. Maybe not until the end of the challenge.

I love seeing so many steel cut oats on your menus! I love oatmeal.
I hardly ever make it though...

Have a great day all... I will check back in a lot today since I am staying home from work.
Good for you!
I can't wait to get back. I am avoiding the scale, but all my clothes are TIGHT!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/159/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Wow Julie I noticed in your stats you lost alot of weight. Congrats especially maintaining that loss!
Thanks! I lost 100 on Atkins 10 years ago and have maintained that pretty well. It's this last 20 that's killing me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Ok so I've been a sucky sucky checker inner over the last month or more. Sorry . I could name all the excuses as to why I haven't checked in but ultimately I still should have.

I think I was somewhere around 181 before Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was 183 after New Years so I really didn't gain much. This has been the first Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday that I can ever remember that I didn't feel like a big fat cow after and also where I didn't gain a ton of weight back. I'm not sure what the reason is other than maybe I have finally reset my metabolism by working out so much. Whatever it is I'm glad. I didn't watch what I ate for November or December but continued to work out like I was doing before. I'm back to low carb this week though and my overall goal is to lose the last 30 pounds and then maintain. My goal for this challenge is to lose 10-15 pounds which is around 2 - 2.5 pounds a week.

My other goal is to check in once a day. I would really like to get back to doing that. I'll try not to be as lame this challenge ! I hope everyone is doing well and I'm going to read the posts now...
Good for you! Glad to have you checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Good for you!
I can't wait to get back. I am avoiding the scale, but all my clothes are TIGHT!
My clothes are tight too that LDW sure was nice...

I'm not going to follow that low of a carb plan. I'm gonna have some fruit and maybe the occasional piece of Ezekiel bread. I like how I feel with some carbs still in there. I'll need to watch the fat though. Did my Zumba today, fun class! That's 2 workouts this week. Planning my weights class (bodypump) tomorrow and hope a class on Fri. That'd make my 4 this week!

How're the rest of you doing on your goals?
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Not only am I in P2 which I don't really care for...but I'm also fighting some intense PMS chocolate cravings! ARG! This sucks.

Menu today:
B: ground turkey, broccoli slaw
S: steak
L: ground turkey, broccoli slaw
S: broccoli soup, steak
D: kale, onions, mushrooms, steak
Old 01-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
40s sounds like a heat wave.

The first day for me yesterday was terrible but today is so much better.
It's not bad...when that front came in, we dropped to zero...but then went back up. Before Christmas, we had that Arctic front move in and we were minus 20 to high of zero for about a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
We can do this ladies!! Week one is going strong!!

LowcarbedD-I'm right there with you!! I'm hoping to get to 155 by Feb 14 too! I'll be happy anywhere in the 150's right now, but I've really overdone it the past month or so. The scale is only one measurement, we can do it!!

I didn't make the gym today as I had to go to my mom's early and get her situated with the caregiver (long story, she fell last week and has been in the hospital) It's looking up, but it's challenging too. I will hit the gym tomorrow before heading over to check on her. I'm not gonna' let this be an excuse to skip my workouts .

That said, I weighed again today So much for weekly weight only!. But, I'm happy to be 168.4 today, so I've lost 6 lbs since I went back to LC less than a week ago (Jan. 2). I'm planning to drop another 10lbs by Feb 14…as least I hope to! I should be able to get down to 165 easily enough…as I was there before major Dec. indulging. I'd love to see if fly off, and that first week of LC does spoil you with scale drops. I'll need to remind myself of that and watch portions down the road. For now, I'm eating a LOT of calories but sticking to healthy LC ones .
six pounds in less than a week is sooo awesome
Hoping your mother is on the mend
Quote:

back Belle...I agree...you suck
I missed your smooshy face here!
I'm sooooo happy for you you did awesome over the holidays....how is your new job going?
Quote:
I just read through the posts to catch up. FMD sounds really interesting. Even if I don't do the plan I want to read the book for the information....
It is a pretty good plan...I'm impressed how easy the weight falls off...slow...but easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks! I lost 100 on Atkins 10 years ago and have maintained that pretty well. It's this last 20 that's killing me!

How're the rest of you doing on your goals?
100 pounds is fantastic!!
I still need to pick up my exercise...I'm fighting that cold...haven't gotten sick really...just not feeling right and I ended up falling asleep early last night instead of running

Goal: Maintenance
Old 01-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Beach, I still have not done one bit of exercise either. I suck.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

I missed todays exercise but I cleaned the house if that counts.

My food today
B-oats with fruit and pecans,coffee
L-leftover ground beef brown rice combo with avocado
S-apple and almond butter
D-ham and bean soup
Old 01-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caseyglew
Yesterday I was Induction 100%, 19 TOTAL crabs, 1450 calories, plus a two mile run
Today 100% induction, 19 TOTAL carbs, 1700 calories, 20 minute toning video....... Tomorrow I'm not getting on the scale, Friday should be TOM, but I've been off by a few days, so it will prob arrive by Monday, I'm tempted to avoid the scale all together......

Good luck to those of you with all the weight loss. I have 14 pounds to go to goal, so it will be slow.......
caseyglew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Woohoo Casey! You're doing great! Send some of that workout motivation my way!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

ugggghhhhh getting up to lift weights
Old 01-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

126 min on the recumbent bike....ate well
Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
ugggghhhhh getting up to lift weights
Woohoo! Good job! I might do weights tomorrow. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
126 min on the recumbent bike....ate well
You rock!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

ok...got it done. Did two Core secret total body workouts...after finishing the short 20 minute one...I felt like, eh...I can do another workout...so I did.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Crazy busy at work, didnt have a chance to catch up on posts. Gotta run out again today. Sending out good vibes to everyone.

I am not getting on the scale still. I feel amazing working out and eating around a p3 idea. My clothes are tight so I know I wont be happy (but not gaining tons). I just want to continue to feel as healthy as I do right now. Then jump back in to lose a few. Day 13 for JM.
Happy Wednesday!!!
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ok...got it done. Did two Core secret total body workouts...after finishing the short 20 minute one...I felt like, eh...I can do another workout...so I did.
Woohoo! YOu did it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Crazy busy at work, didnt have a chance to catch up on posts. Gotta run out again today. Sending out good vibes to everyone.

I am not getting on the scale still. I feel amazing working out and eating around a p3 idea. My clothes are tight so I know I wont be happy (but not gaining tons). I just want to continue to feel as healthy as I do right now. Then jump back in to lose a few. Day 13 for JM.
Happy Wednesday!!!
This is a question I have been thinking about a lot, Olda. After I'm done with the 28 days, assuming I don't want to jump right back into another round...how do I eat in order to not gain it back? If I switch to LC, won't that mess up my metabolism again?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

So, after weeks of no exercise, I finally went out for a 2 mile walk this morning. Woohoo. I need to do weights still, but I'll do that in a little bit.

Menu today:
B: chicken, broccoli slaw
S: beef filet
L: chicken, broccoli slaw
S: broccoli soup, beef filet
D: chicken, kale, mushrooms, cucumbers, green onions
Old 01-09-2014, 07:37 AM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

Olda told me to do a cross between P1 and P3 for maintenance...I am not really sure how it's done...but I did read if you eat something off plan and you gain 5 pounds, you know your metabolism is not fixed.
I think mine was pretty well healed and then I went hog wild at Christmas...even still, I only gained a few pounds
She also says only take a few weeks off and go back to it if you are still trying to lose weight...thus why I jumped back on and had a really rough start last week I just kept cheating...but I still lost a little
I am going to study the book and try to figure out what maintenance looks like...but it is not like hcg where you do LC...it is eating normal as far as I can tell...it's eating sweet potatoes, veggies, fruit....etc

Last edited by beachagain; 01-09-2014 at 07:43 AM..
Old 01-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Beach! I need to re-read the book again more slowly. I kind of raced through it last time because I was excited to start.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Thanks Beach! I need to re-read the book again more slowly. I kind of raced through it last time because I was excited to start.
uh...I haven't read all of it yet! I too, was in a hurry to get unfit

Together we will figure this out. I guess that's another reason I jumped back on in less than a week (poorly, but at least I was sort of there) but I felt like I was losing control, and clearly I was and I needed to get my head back in and do another 28 days while trying to figure out the end of this.
This is some of the things I have taken from the book, asking her on FB, the video pods, and her web site. Basically, we live a life of eating normal because we are firing up our metabolism. You still avoid that one list of foods to avoid, but if you deviate, it won't make much of a impact because you fixed your metabolism. If you start seeing a few pounds creep up, you do another 28 days to reset or refix your metabolism. You pretty much eat all the foods, but what is unclear...is do you eat them all together, or do you eat one day of phase 1, a day of phase 3...then maybe another day of phase 2...or do you mix it up?
Reading,.........
Old 01-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

I had a lowcarb bagel w/ turkey sausage and cheese for breakfast...tasted GREAT! but Im feeling kinda bloated...might have been a mistake.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caseyglew
Quote:
Core secret....whats that, do tell??? : )
caseyglew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyglew View Post
Core secret....whats that, do tell??? : )
It's older, but it's a workout DVDs you do on the balance ball. It used to be on infamercials and I bought them