Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Oh, then I wouldn't have a problem in Colorado since I only walk these days. hahahhahahah
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
hell...I don't even walk..it seems

I REALLLLLLLY need to get moving!!!! I am sooooooo lazy!
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Me too Beach! Especially in Phase 1. I just got done with lunch and all I want is a nap now.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/135.4/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Back down to 160.0 today......good eating day..100 min cardio.
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

I still feel fat, fluffy and bloated
I think it's warming enough to take my dog out.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Today, I finally got to the gym. Tomorrow, I will get to a weights class -- unless it snows. I am seriously feeling the urge to hibernate. I am liking the fmd, though. I know I am gross, but for a P2 snack, I've thrown some egg whites together w stevia and cinnamon. It is sort of a custard. I also did sardines today for lunch w mustard. I scare my kids.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #97
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caseyglew
Hoping to join your challenge if that's ok. I'm 31 and looking to lose 15 pounds. I could not add a signature yet, I read somewhere you have to have 25 posts first. Today was day four of induction from me. I started at 129.6 today I weight 128.6 and my goal is 115. I am 5'2" tall. About two years ago I made it to 119 on South Beach, but found restricting carbs and fat too hard....I'm hoping this works a little better. Just curious....how many calories are too many calories. Days 1-3 I was around 1800, but today I was hungrier. I was up at 5AM for work, as opposed to getting up at 8AM the last few days, I found I wanted more to eat for dinner. I have stayed on plan, 22 carbs, 17 net carbs, 139 fat, 106 protein......any thought!! Thanks
caseyglew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Today, I finally got to the gym. Tomorrow, I will get to a weights class -- unless it snows. I am seriously feeling the urge to hibernate. I am liking the fmd, though. I know I am gross, but for a P2 snack, I've thrown some egg whites together w stevia and cinnamon. It is sort of a custard. I also did sardines today for lunch w mustard. I scare my kids.
hey...whatever works, right? if it tastes like custard...it can't be all bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyglew View Post
Hoping to join your challenge if that's ok. I'm 31 and looking to lose 15 pounds. I could not add a signature yet, I read somewhere you have to have 25 posts first. Today was day four of induction from me. I started at 129.6 today I weight 128.6 and my goal is 115. I am 5'2" tall. About two years ago I made it to 119 on South Beach, but found restricting carbs and fat too hard....I'm hoping this works a little better. Just curious....how many calories are too many calories. Days 1-3 I was around 1800, but today I was hungrier. I was up at 5AM for work, as opposed to getting up at 8AM the last few days, I found I wanted more to eat for dinner. I have stayed on plan, 22 carbs, 17 net carbs, 139 fat, 106 protein......any thought!! Thanks
casey...glad to have you here
Um..Atkins, right? If you are doing Atkins, I did it. I never counted my calories...just my net carbs. That said, it sounds like you are on the right path
I no longer do low carb, so as far as ratios and all that...I can't tell you. I did Atkins old school. I also did South Beach without success. Hell...I have done every stupid diet under the sun including hcg...so I am currently repairing my metabolism and it's working for me.

Suffice to say...Welcome...I hope you get the support you need here...just know we are all on different plans so don't freak out if you see some of our menus are carb heavy. As I wrote in an earlier post, a few of us have been together since 2006 and have stuck together thru all the crazy diets we have gone on. We are all about support here and I'm sure we have a degree of expertise in some of the diets, including Atkins

Goal: Maintenance
Old 01-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
hey...whatever works, right? if it tastes like custard...it can't be all bad

casey...glad to have you here
Um..Atkins, right? If you are doing Atkins, I did it. I never counted my calories...just my net carbs. That said, it sounds like you are on the right path
I no longer do low carb, so as far as ratios and all that...I can't tell you. I did Atkins old school. I also did South Beach without success. Hell...I have done every stupid diet under the sun including hcg...so I am currently repairing my metabolism and it's working for me.

Suffice to say...Welcome...I hope you get the support you need here...just know we are all on different plans so don't freak out if you see some of our menus are carb heavy. As I wrote in an earlier post, a few of us have been together since 2006 and have stuck together thru all the crazy diets we have gone on. We are all about support here and I'm sure we have a degree of expertise in some of the diets, including Atkins
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!!! I will keep you posted....I'm nervous to get on the scale tomorrow, so I may skip that until later in the week...... no need to rush before it's time. I will check back in tomorrow!!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24 View Post
Omg I have such a hard time in the evenings... I think I need to get some easy snacks to have around the house when I'm feeling like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
We're always excited to have new people join us!

My problem is that I want something sweet after dinner. Every night. Without fail. I used to be able to curb that craving with coffee, but now I'm not having coffee OR sweets. So it's been interesting. lol
I'm still curbing it with coffee and cream . A little sugar free chocolate helps too ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
I still feel fat, fluffy and bloated
I think it's warming enough to take my dog out.
Me too . Boo. I'm looking forward to feeling thinner, regardless of what the scale says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyglew View Post
I'm a long time Atkins girl. You don't have much to lose and if your menus are clean (whole, real food) you'll do best. Many have found they'll need to reduce calories close to goal. If you can't keep losing, then you can reevaluate. Is eat to hunger, while counting the carbs. Generally, we lose a lot of water weight in the beginning, hit a plateau, then start losing again. Don't panic if the losses stop for a bit.

I've had a stressful day brining my mobility challenged mom home from the hospital all day long today . I'm home, fed and tired

As for goals...I'm down to 169, so -5 from my start. All water, but I'll still take it. Exercised today, body combat which is like kickboxing-tough but a great workout. Gonna miss my workout tomorrow as I'm meeting the caregiver at my mom's...so I'll try to add something in... We'll see.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick post

FF....I just got her new cookbook...LOADS of ideas for P2....let me know
Old 01-07-2014, 02:52 AM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: freshstart14
Stats: 247/215/140
WOE: low carb
Happy to say I am down 5 lbs since joining you ladies...I am wanting to get some walking in but its way too cold...I may just start with some light weights....do any of you have a low carbon smoothie recipe you would like to share?
freshstart14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Congrats fresh!!

Would you recommend the cookbook Beach?

Off to do Day 11. Its COLD in my garage!!! Haylie did a blog about training and FMD. Says training for a 5k or 10k should be fine with the plan as is. If more intense, really just need to add a piece of fruit to p2 days before the workout. That is doable if I feel like I need something on those days.

Happy Tuesday!!!
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshstart14 View Post
Happy to say I am down 5 lbs since joining you ladies...I am wanting to get some walking in but its way too cold...I may just start with some light weights....do any of you have a low carbon smoothie recipe you would like to share?
Spinach, kale, Cucumber, lime and strawberry
Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Congrats fresh!!

Would you recommend the cookbook Beach?

Off to do Day 11. Its COLD in my garage!!! Haylie did a blog about training and FMD. Says training for a 5k or 10k should be fine with the plan as is. If more intense, really just need to add a piece of fruit to p2 days before the workout. That is doable if I feel like I need something on those days.

Happy Tuesday!!!
yeah...I saw her blog too. I am going to do another 28 days per plan and try to increase my exercise (I have been soooo lazy)

I like the recipe book so far...AND...it updates the diet because the first diet book had some errors it's like a months worth of recipes...and for P2...I start P2 tomorrow....I'll let you know what I think. My breakfast tomorrow will be a variation of her steak and eggs and a southwest scramble
Old 01-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Morning its too cold here in PA to do much of anything.

Exercise tonight at the Y.

Food
B-chicken sausage, brown rice cake with almond butter and fruit,coffee
L-chicken brown rice and broccoli
S-apple w/almond butter
D-ground beef,black beans,brown rice, fresh pico de gallo, avocado

Be back later.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Casey!

Beach, I have the cookbook too but haven't looked at it yet. I need to look today to get some ideas for p2 tomorrow.

Morning everyone!

Menu today:
B: steel cut oats, watermelon
S: blueberries
L:ground turkey, broccoli, brown rice, watermelon
S: apple
D:steak, green beans, brown rice
Old 01-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #108
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Found yinz! I'm here! My goal is to get out of this half A way of doing things. I need to get it together. Slipping down that slope and I need to grab hold and pull myself out of this funk. Been knocked about emotionally, but doing this to myself won't help a thing!

Goal: to eat well and take sups as I should be. If I do this, some of this extra weight will come off and I should begin to feel better.

Freezing here in PA with ya Amity. -9 upon waking at 7:30. No work due to cold. -30 windchills over night I hate winter
Old 01-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Just checking in with everyone, So far so good today. As expected I got on the scale and was up .4 this morning, I know I ate too much last night because it felt like too much at the time lol. Lesson learned. I'm going to watch my calories as best as I can. I tried the coconut oil in my coffee this AM along with heavy cream and it did wonders. It ended up being 110 cals with two carbs but cut down a lot of my cals for the day. I've eaten lunch, everything included so far today and I'm at 654. Going to shoot for around 1500 cals today and see what happens........

kittycitygirl..... love the yinz, just moved to FL from pittsburgh.

Julieboolie...thanks for the encouragement....I may pick your brain lol ; )
Old 01-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
all new people!

Good to see you back Kitty!!!!

Fighting dizziness and a migraine this morning... Everyone has been going through a stomach bug here, so I still might have a touch of that too...

I think I am back to my "before holiday party marathon" weight, but I am not weighing for a while. Maybe not until the end of the challenge.

I love seeing so many steel cut oats on your menus! I love oatmeal.
I hardly ever make it though...

Have a great day all... I will check back in a lot today since I am staying home from work.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Casey!

Beach, I have the cookbook too but haven't looked at it yet. I need to look today to get some ideas for p2 tomorrow.

Morning everyone!

Menu today:
B: steel cut oats, watermelon
S: blueberries
L:ground turkey, broccoli, brown rice, watermelon
S: apple
D:steak, green beans, brown rice
Do you have the new one that just came out this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Found yinz! I'm here! My goal is to get out of this half A way of doing things. I need to get it together. Slipping down that slope and I need to grab hold and pull myself out of this funk. Been knocked about emotionally, but doing this to myself won't help a thing!

Goal: to eat well and take sups as I should be. If I do this, some of this extra weight will come off and I should begin to feel better.

Freezing here in PA with ya Amity. -9 upon waking at 7:30. No work due to cold. -30 windchills over night I hate winter
back Kitty!!!
Extreme winter is for the birds...penguins and such
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
all new people!

Good to see you back Kitty!!!!

Fighting dizziness and a migraine this morning... Everyone has been going through a stomach bug here, so I still might have a touch of that too...

I think I am back to my "before holiday party marathon" weight, but I am not weighing for a while. Maybe not until the end of the challenge.

I love seeing so many steel cut oats on your menus! I love oatmeal.
I hardly ever make it though...

Have a great day all... I will check back in a lot today since I am staying home from work.
feel better soon
I am terrified of the scale
but a week of being good will hopefully make the scale a lot less frightening on Friday

Last edited by beachagain; 01-07-2014 at 11:10 AM..
Old 01-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congratulations!!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Great to see ya Kitty!!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in! doing well..back on regular exercise schedule...the gym wasn't as packed as I would have guessed... walking outside or biking works too.... hoping to get to 155 by end of Feb.....not sure if that's realistic...I guess a number is random at best..

May you all stay warm and safe!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I meant to comment on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Checking in! doing well..back on regular exercise schedule...the gym wasn't as packed as I would have guessed... walking outside or biking works too.... hoping to get to 155 by end of Feb.....not sure if that's realistic...I guess a number is random at best..

May you all stay warm and safe!
you too....good job on going to the gym
Old 01-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes Beach, the new one. Although I bought it on my kindle and now I want the hard copy cause it's too hard to flip through it only kindle. lol
Old 01-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

it's HUGE

I like the ideas....and the info.
I bought it and was able to download a holiday one...which is where I got the recipe for the french toast....OMG yummy
Old 01-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #118
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Casey, have you ever lived around here before? Or up north? If not, what a start LOL

Hey girls! going n day 2 back on the wagon here. Got to recover so much that I messed up. but like I said, I have to do this!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Casey, have you ever lived around here before? Or up north? If not, what a start LOL

Hey girls! going n day 2 back on the wagon here. Got to recover so much that I messed up. but like I said, I have to do this!
me too, Kitty..me too...I have no idea where I'm at...I'm afraid to jump on the scale but day 2 of being 100%
Old 01-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

:

I did, I lived in Pittsburgh most of my life. Most recetly I lived in Robinson for three years and before that the north hills, then I went back to school on a military scholarship and right now I'm serving my three years active duty, possibly more. My father in law lives on the NorthSide, you can see Heinz from his place so we went to lots of games, etc down there, fireworks, the duck so on and so forth .......