Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24 View Post
hello ladies ive been on here for a few years but always just lurked lol... anyways I would like to participate in ur challenge .. I figure it will help me take off these last 13 lbs..I kinda just got lazy over the last few months but I realize I haven't worked so hard to give up.. so my goal for 2/14 is simple down 8 lbs to 145..then keep on going

LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Back on track!
Stats: 400/267.8/150
WOE: Max 30 carbs
Start Date: January 2011
I'd like to join in if I may? My Red Hot Mamma goal is to be down 15 lbs by 2/14.

1/4/14 266.4
Back on track! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Location: Charleston, SC for last 2 years (in Hawaii previously for 37 years)
Gallery: Southerngirl
Stats: 248/212/165
Start Date: 01/01/2014
This is my first day on the site. Count me in on the challenge. I started back on the low carb WOE on January 1st. My current weight is 212. My goal by February 15th is 200. And at least 3 days a week on my treadmill for 30 minutes. Going to start slow and build up! Oh, and to not cheat at all for the entire time!! Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!
Southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back on track! View Post
I'd like to join in if I may? My Red Hot Mamma goal is to be down 15 lbs by 2/14.

1/4/14 266.4
back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngirl View Post
This is my first day on the site. Count me in on the challenge. I started back on the low carb WOE on January 1st. My current weight is 212. My goal by February 15th is 200. And at least 3 days a week on my treadmill for 30 minutes. Going to start slow and build up! Oh, and to not cheat at all for the entire time!! Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!
southerngirl
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom24
Stats: 237/153/141
WOE: my own lc thing
Start Date: 9/14/2011
Omg I have such a hard time in the evenings... I think I need to get some easy snacks to have around the house when I'm feeling like this
mom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:55 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Omg I have such a hard time in the evenings... I think I need to get some easy snacks to have around the house when I'm feeling like this
me too...all resolve flies out the door at night
Old 01-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
hello ladies ive been on here for a few years but always just lurked lol... anyways I would like to participate in ur challenge .. I figure it will help me take off these last 13 lbs..I kinda just got lazy over the last few months but I realize I haven't worked so hard to give up.. so my goal for 2/14 is simple down 8 lbs to 145..then keep on going
We're always excited to have new people join us!

Quote:

1/4/14 266.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerngirl View Post

Quote:
My problem is that I want something sweet after dinner. Every night. Without fail. I used to be able to curb that craving with coffee, but now I'm not having coffee OR sweets. So it's been interesting. lol
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

I'm still LOVING the FMD. P3 is heaven. My only issue is that I'm eating all freaking day long. I'm so not used to being this full all the time. lol

Menu today:
B: steel cut oats with coconut milk, raspberries, carrot sticks
S: ginger/carrot soup
L: curry chicken with sweet potatoes, raspberries
S: walnuts, carrots
D: ground turkey, cucumbers
Old 01-05-2014, 06:54 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
My problem is that I want something sweet after dinner. Every night. Without fail. I used to be able to curb that craving with coffee, but now I'm not having coffee OR sweets. So it's been interesting. lol
My new passion (and allowed) is Celestial Seasonings Peppermint herbal tea and also Tzao or Starbucks Refresh Herbal tea ...it helps with that craving
Quote:
Morning All!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

I'm still LOVING the FMD. P3 is heaven. My only issue is that I'm eating all freaking day long. I'm so not used to being this full all the time. lol

Menu today:
B: steel cut oats with coconut milk, raspberries, carrot sticks
S: ginger/carrot soup
L: curry chicken with sweet potatoes, raspberries
S: walnuts, carrots
D: ground turkey, cucumbers
Yeah...it's kind of good to have this phase on the weekends because you kind of look like a pig eating all day at work ...plus who has time to eat all day when you're working

Funny..I love P3 because of the sweet potato hash browns...but I really prefer P1 because of the fruit selections...I really don't like much of the P3 fruit but it's better than P2 . I am really liking blending frozen peaches with almond and coconut milk for P3 ....kind of like homemade peach ice cream
OH....and depending how you make it...she has this recipe for french toast bake for P1 or P3...(P1 you use egg whites and P3, whole eggs). I made it for P1 and YUM ...So I have them portioned out in the freezer

Goal: Maintenance

Last edited by beachagain; 01-05-2014 at 06:56 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Back on track!
Stats: 400/267.8/150
WOE: Max 30 carbs
Start Date: January 2011
1/1/14 269.4
1/2/14 268.2
1/3/14 266.6
1/4/14 264.6
1/5/14 264.6

What is the Fast Metabolism Diet? Mine is like...molasses slow! hehe
Back on track! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: freshstart14
Stats: 247/215/140
WOE: low carb
joining in!!

I would love to join you all. Cutting the Carbs and walking will be my first step. I hope to lose 15 pounds by then.
freshstart14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
My new passion (and allowed) is Celestial Seasonings Peppermint herbal tea and also Tzao or Starbucks Refresh Herbal tea ...it helps with that craving

Yeah...it's kind of good to have this phase on the weekends because you kind of look like a pig eating all day at work ...plus who has time to eat all day when you're working

Funny..I love P3 because of the sweet potato hash browns...but I really prefer P1 because of the fruit selections...I really don't like much of the P3 fruit but it's better than P2 . I am really liking blending frozen peaches with almond and coconut milk for P3 ....kind of like homemade peach ice cream
OH....and depending how you make it...she has this recipe for french toast bake for P1 or P3...(P1 you use egg whites and P3, whole eggs). I made it for P1 and YUM ...So I have them portioned out in the freezer
Ok. I like to think that I can handle living slightly against the grain. I also wanted to start FMD ASAP. Now, I can see the importance of starting on a Monday. I am on my first day of P2. All I've got to look forward to is egg whites. I will just eat to live the next two days, until I get it together to figure out what else is out there for me to eat.
Now, I do have a snag in my plan bc next Saturday, (P1), I have a big family dinner out. I could order according to the big rules, like, no wheat, no diary, no soy, but getting phase specific is not going to fly.
I am thinking I will just do the best I can keeping to the big rules. I'll eat P2 throughout the day. Then I'll jump back in the rotation where I left off.
If anyone sees any red flags in my plan, let me know. I am open for suggestion.
I weening myself off caffeine with decaf k cups. I am trying to avoid the withdraw.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
1/1/14 269.4
1/2/14 268.2
1/3/14 266.6
1/4/14 264.6
1/5/14 264.6

What is the Fast Metabolism Diet? Mine is like...molasses slow! hehe
Haylie Pomroy's diet. I have never eaten so well and lost weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshstart14 View Post
I would love to join you all. Cutting the Carbs and walking will be my first step. I hope to lose 15 pounds by then.
fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Ok. I like to think that I can handle living slightly against the grain. I also wanted to start FMD ASAP. Now, I can see the importance of starting on a Monday. I am on my first day of P2. All I've got to look forward to is egg whites. I will just eat to live the next two days, until I get it together to figure out what else is out there for me to eat.
Now, I do have a snag in my plan bc next Saturday, (P1), I have a big family dinner out. I could order according to the big rules, like, no wheat, no diary, no soy, but getting phase specific is not going to fly.
I am thinking I will just do the best I can keeping to the big rules. I'll eat P2 throughout the day. Then I'll jump back in the rotation where I left off.
If anyone sees any red flags in my plan, let me know. I am open for suggestion.
I weening myself off caffeine with decaf k cups. I am trying to avoid the withdraw.
P2 staples for me....SOUP!!! Make a big pot of soup and add all the P2 veggies you like (Unfortunately for me...no carrots or tomatoes) add what meat you like and snack on it all day...veggies are unlimited and if I am correct...so is broth. Regardless...it is how I survive P2. Also herbal teas help me
This phase also wipes me out...so I end up napping...not even on purpose
so you are going to do P1 again tomorrow? oh wait...I see what you are saying. I think I would restart tomorrow since you are only a few days in...then you will be in P3 on Saturday and have a good full week in. Not ideal...but any cheat in the first 28 days is supposed to be no good I did my first round during Thanksgiving and we rearranged days...but I was like 3 weeks into it.

My first 28 days, I started on a Tuesday...it was still very doable...but I started P3 on Sat and my work schedule is Sun-Wed Like I said, it worked but I like the Monday start better now that I am on it.

Olda might have better advise...

Last edited by beachagain; 01-05-2014 at 08:41 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Location: Charleston, SC for last 2 years (in Hawaii previously for 37 years)
Gallery: Southerngirl
Stats: 248/212/165
Start Date: 01/01/2014
This site is awesome! Thank all of you for the welcoming spirit! I lost another pound today! (hope I don't find it again!) As for the evenings. I notice that when I rehearse what I will be doing that evening and have a plan that I stick to it is easier. I have a plan A and plan B depending on the weather. If the weather is good, my plan A is to get my walking clothes on and take a walk with dog and/or hubby before I eat anything. Sometimes just the walk itself will deter me from snacking. If the weather is bad, I'll try and do a project such as sewing, reading a book, dance to music, or read inspirational posts on this site. Rehearsing what I will do really helps me instead of just "hoping" that I won't blow it! And LOTS of water or herbal teas. Going into my closet and looking at those coveted jeans I can't get into is also inspirational! Good luck everyone!
Southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
I am in love with p3 and started on a Monday. Happy when it falls on the weekends, so I get that.

Welcome to everyone!!!

Day 9 JM done. One egg/avocado with spelt tortilla for breakfast. Yum. Wild rice and chicken cooked for the week. Have to shop for fruit (which I eat organic and have to travel to a far away grocery store, ugh).

I am not sure I am going to follow exact or if I will leave out p2. The exercise is only 30 minutes but pretty intense.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
[QUOTE=beachagain;16742636]Haylie Pomroy's diet. I have never eaten so well and lost weight

fresh

P2 staples for me....SOUP!!! Make a big pot of soup and add all the P2 veggies you like (Unfortunately for me...no carrots or tomatoes) add what meat you like and snack on it all day...veggies are unlimited and if I am correct...so is broth. Regardless...it is how I survive P2. Also herbal teas help me
This phase also wipes me out...so I end up napping...not even on purpose
so you are going to do P1 again tomorrow? oh wait...I see what you are saying. I think I would restart tomorrow since you are only a few days in...then you will be in P3 on Saturday and have a good full week in. Not ideal...but any cheat in the first 28 days is supposed to be no good I did my first round during Thanksgiving and we rearranged days...but I was like 3 weeks into it.

My first 28 days, I started on a Tuesday...it was still very doable...but I started P3 on Sat and my work schedule is Sun-Wed Like I said, it worked but I like the Monday start better now that I am on it.

I like the restart, but that's a lot of high-glycemic days in a row. I will figure out some soups for p2, too. thanks! I made a lentil soup last night (p1) and it was nice. It sounds painful, but I think I'll do four days of P2, so that my last day of p3 falls on Saturday.
Omg...all this scheming is reminiscent of an hcg round, which is exactly what I don't want. It has been very nice, though, the last couple days, eating such good-for-you foods. Once I fix this rhythm issue, I'll fly straight and narrow.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post

I like the restart, but that's a lot of high-glycemic days in a row. I will figure out some soups for p2, too. thanks! I made a lentil soup last night (p1) and it was nice. It sounds painful, but I think I'll do four days of P2, so that my last day of p3 falls on Saturday.
Omg...all this scheming is reminiscent of an hcg round, which is exactly what I don't want. It has been very nice, though, the last couple days, eating such good-for-you foods. Once I fix this rhythm issue, I'll fly straight and narrow.
I still think you will be fine if you restart...I mean as far as having the 2 days of high carbs...you have this one of P2 (which is REALLY hard, I'm not going to lie)...get through today and see how you feel. Then again, you might be fine the way you are describing. I don't know why they say not to cheat in the first 28 days...so I just didn't. I'm not sure if it'll hurt you or not In my experience...I'd just start over tomorrow because I honestly lost a bunch in the first 4 days...gained a pound or so in P3...then lost a bunch again in the next 4 days...My guess is you would already be down on the scale...and you wouldn't be "cheating"....You can friend her on Facebook and ask her...she will answer you by tomorrow with the best plan of action...I would actually take THAT course over MY advise
She might suggest shortening P3 this week...but who knows

Last edited by beachagain; 01-05-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok Beach and Olda, I have a question...

Is it normal to feel like you're not losing in p3? In both p1 and p2 I felt like I was getting thinner every day. The last 3 days in P3...not so much. And I'm eating a lot so of course I'm scared. lol I don't know if this is normal...or if maybe I just feel fat because I'm ovulating. Idk...

Regardless, I will not be weighing again until after Phase 2. lol
Old 01-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok Beach and Olda, I have a question...

Is it normal to feel like you're not losing in p3? In both p1 and p2 I felt like I was getting thinner every day. The last 3 days in P3...not so much. And I'm eating a lot so of course I'm scared. lol I don't know if this is normal...or if maybe I just feel fat because I'm ovulating. Idk...

Regardless, I will not be weighing again until after Phase 2. lol
you got it...I weigh in the morning before I start P3....and sometimes in between. You sort of gain a few pounds back during P3...and yes, I am feeling quite fluffy today ...
Old 01-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok Thank God! Thanks for responding so quickly Beach. I was kind of in a panic. lol

I feel better now.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok Thank God! Thanks for responding so quickly Beach. I was kind of in a panic. lol

I feel better now.
yep...you will do fine...I know it!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:54 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
It seems to be standard to put a couple pounds back on in p3 so its best to not look lol. I weighted in on Monday mornings only so I didnt see the loss during p2, only the result.

Happy Monday all. Day 10 of JM and p1 today. Feeling a real difference in my muscles already. 2014 will be a great year with NO surgeries!!!!
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:36 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
It seems to be standard to put a couple pounds back on in p3 so its best to not look lol. I weighted in on Monday mornings only so I didnt see the loss during p2, only the result.

Happy Monday all. Day 10 of JM and p1 today. Feeling a real difference in my muscles already. 2014 will be a great year with NO surgeries!!!!

Also FF...My first few weeks on plan...I messed up. P3...I was eating the 3 egg whites when I was supposed to be eating 1 egg...I had veggies in one of the phases and added a grain with my chili but chili is also the grain ...but I still lost it is sometimes a little confusing...I made loads more mistakes....but the point is...I lost.

This is my actual official first day back....I had too many things come up last week that derailed me...I spent all of Saturday cooking and packaging food so I have a better go...and I put my mind to it this week. I ate, basically on plan...but if I caved into a temptation...I caved and knew I would actually restart

Happily eating my French toast this morning
Old 01-06-2014, 06:22 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Morning everyone

Glad to be on a plan and in the mind frame.

This morning walked a couple miles at the Y.

My food plan
B-steel cut oats with fruit, pecans, cinnamon,black coffee
L-grilled chicken salad
S-apple with almond butter
D-spaghetti squash with lean ground beef and tomato sauce, salad

I anticipate some grogginess and headaches. Trying to keep a positive outlook and not let it bother me.

Going to Wegmans in a few. Should keep me occupied for awhile.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Morning everyone

Glad to be on a plan and in the mind frame.

This morning walked a couple miles at the Y.

My food plan
B-steel cut oats with fruit, pecans, cinnamon,black coffee
L-grilled chicken salad
S-apple with almond butter
D-spaghetti squash with lean ground beef and tomato sauce, salad

I anticipate some grogginess and headaches. Trying to keep a positive outlook and not let it bother me.

Going to Wegmans in a few. Should keep me occupied for awhile.
I'm glad to be in the right frame of mind too
your Menu looks yummy
Old 01-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

Back to p1 and I'm excited to start feeling thinner again! lol

Week 2 and my goal this week is to actually do some exercise again. I did not do any of the exercise that I was supposed to do last week.

Menu:
B: steel cut oats, watermelon
S: raspberries
L: ground turkey, broccoli slaw, brown rice, blueberries
S:watermelon
D: Beef filet, green beans, brown rice
Old 01-06-2014, 06:29 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

My menu today is:

B: Blueberry French toast, apple, herbal tea
S: Apple
L: Meatloaf, green beans, sweet potato
S: Cherries, veggies
D: Turkey Chili, salad

Last edited by beachagain; 01-06-2014 at 06:39 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Week 2 and my goal this week is to actually do some exercise again. I did not do any of the exercise that I was supposed to do last week.
yeah...me either...I am going to have to get my butt moving it's super cold here...but I am going to hope for warmer weather tonight and take my doggie out walking/jogging...providing it's warmer than sub-zero

Last edited by beachagain; 01-06-2014 at 06:33 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

That's so funny Beach because the reason I haven't been walking is because it's too hot. lol Want to trade weather?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's so funny Beach because the reason I haven't been walking is because it's too hot. lol Want to trade weather?
Sort of...yes..

I hate heat...but it totally kills your lungs to run when it is zero...or below