Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
send the yolks over here!!!!!
you got it
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #32
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,874
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
send the yolks over here!!!!!
You'll have to fight my dog for them lol - she's old but scrappy!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 917
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
You'll have to fight my dog for them lol - she's old but scrappy!
OK...I give up...
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:49 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!
 
oldafw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,003
Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
Happy Snow Day here in NY.
Day 7 on JM completed (lol its a rest day) No weighing in for a bit since I know working out always makes me heavier rather than lighter.

Eating P1/P3 combo and happy.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Down another pound today, so that's 6 pounds since Monday! Wahoo! I will probably not weigh again until next Friday if I can hold out.

Menu today:
B: steel cut oats, blueberries, hummus, carrots
S: raw walnuts
L: turkey chili, blueberries
S: cauliflower "popcorn"
D: steak, mushrooms, sweet potato
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
wow....6 pounds!!

I'm just re-losing my Christmas cookies and chocolate weight

as for me...enjoying my sweet potatoes and egg...have my oats on the stove and will have a peach smoothies in a few...it generally takes a while to eat all this food
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Well, let me clarify Beach...I gained over 10 pounds during Christmas....so none of this is "new" weight that I'm losing. I still have a bit to go to get to where I was before Thanksgiving. But still....even when I starved myself I never lost the weight back this quickly.

I'm in love with FMD. lol
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,961
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Good morning!!

I'm checking in, planning to weigh in weekly, but honestly, I peek during the week so I'll have some idea where I am.

I'm going to do LC. I have the FMD app, which seems like a lifesaver for tha plan, but 2 things are making me wait...

1. My mom fell and ended up in the hospital yesterday, which means I'll be at the hospital a LOT the next few days...all day yesterday, for instance. Last year something similar happened and a whole month of my life got hijacked. I'm not sure I can do FMD while taking care of her... Lc I can do in my sleep. It's likely to be a rough few weeks .

2. Even though you're eating every few hours on the FMD it reminds me a lot if hcg... 4 oz of meat... Cooking w/ broth and a squeeze of lemon... Kind of low in calories...I'm a but leery of the low calories FOR ME. It's working really well for you guys and I really like the rotation-keep the body guessing idea, but I'm not going to try it, for now. I hope that doesn't offend anyone here, and you're ok w/ me hanging around .

So, official day 1 weigh in, post month long carnage ... 173.4!! :scale: no where to go but down I suppose... The nice thing about LC after all the junk I've been eating, is that I'll have a nice water whoosh in the first few weeks which should help keep me motivated, and I can keep my coffee .

I hope you're all off to a good start this year!!
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journal.html
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 917
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
B: beef sausage and cheese
hot tea
L: bunless burger
D: ( dinner ordered to go) meat and salad
decaf w/ hnh
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Good morning!!

I'm checking in, planning to weigh in weekly, but honestly, I peek during the week so I'll have some idea where I am.

I'm going to do LC. I have the FMD app, which seems like a lifesaver for tha plan, but 2 things are making me wait...

1. My mom fell and ended up in the hospital yesterday, which means I'll be at the hospital a LOT the next few days...all day yesterday, for instance. Last year something similar happened and a whole month of my life got hijacked. I'm not sure I can do FMD while taking care of her... Lc I can do in my sleep. It's likely to be a rough few weeks .

2. Even though you're eating every few hours on the FMD it reminds me a lot if hcg... 4 oz of meat... Cooking w/ broth and a squeeze of lemon... Kind of low in calories...I'm a but leery of the low calories FOR ME. It's working really well for you guys and I really like the rotation-keep the body guessing idea, but I'm not going to try it, for now. I hope that doesn't offend anyone here, and you're ok w/ me hanging around .

So, official day 1 weigh in, post month long carnage ... 173.4!! :scale: no where to go but down I suppose... The nice thing about LC after all the junk I've been eating, is that I'll have a nice water whoosh in the first few weeks which should help keep me motivated, and I can keep my coffee .

I hope you're all off to a good start this year!!
not at all offended...do what works
Olda did the FMD last year and I should have joined her...but I didn't. I went to Catalina Island for a week, and there is NO WAY I would have been able to eat...heck, I wouldn't have been able to eat LC because EVERYTHING was not even remotely healthy....so I ate what I could...I completely get it...hoping your mom is Okay
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 566
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
So...to the few new faces.....some background

a few of us have been together since 2006. many of us have been together for several years if not since 2006...We all did Low Carb or some variation of it...some of us have strayed from that plan because it wasn't working any longer....some stayed on low carb because it still worked Some of us *cough* did every other diet under the sun...hcg being one of the last ways we tried...and failed.
We all have our own theories about eating and realize what works for one, does not necessarily work for another...so we support you...whichever way you want to eat...this is a support group, more than anything...and lastly a challenge...a challenge to succeed and reach our goals...

just so everyone knows...we don't judge you...ever...and we support you...unconditionally
I appreciate your history. I would have never have dreamed of going low carb bc I was a carb depended vegetarian for most of my life. However, I have made many changes over the last few years. I added in seafood during my pregnancies.
I really had a terrible time losing weight in life, though. I was so sick of the struggle, while playing by the rules (nutritionally), that I decided I'd do it anyway...anyhow! Enter: HCG. I've done four rounds. The first and second took me to where I wanted to be weight-wise, but I needed the other two rounds to stay there after the weight would creep back up. I ate low carb while trying to maintain. I did so many correction days...going so far as to eat only mac nuts for days. I did steak days...whatever it took.
I cracked.
Now, I am ready to go legit with the Fast Metabolism Diet. I want to get back to basics. I am going to need my body to do its job. I can't live under the demands that maintaing my weight put on me.
I have a good feeling about this WOE. I am optimistic.
As far as being non-judgemental, I get it. I get it so much that today is my new official day one. I celebrated with my oldest friends last night. Let's just say it was a complementary happy hour that sealed my fate. However, I feel awful today. The fun holiday parties have taken a toll on me physically. I am ready for the healthful change.
Today, is, so far, so good. I am going to prepare some quinoa for my future meals now so that it is ready to go.
BTW, I appreciate this board's posts, especially the menu posts. Thanks!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 566
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Good morning!!

I'm checking in, planning to weigh in weekly, but honestly, I peek during the week so I'll have some idea where I am.

I'm going to do LC. I have the FMD app, which seems like a lifesaver for tha plan, but 2 things are making me wait...

1. My mom fell and ended up in the hospital yesterday, which means I'll be at the hospital a LOT the next few days...all day yesterday, for instance. Last year something similar happened and a whole month of my life got hijacked. I'm not sure I can do FMD while taking care of her... Lc I can do in my sleep. It's likely to be a rough few weeks .

2. Even though you're eating every few hours on the FMD it reminds me a lot if hcg... 4 oz of meat... Cooking w/ broth and a squeeze of lemon... Kind of low in calories...I'm a but leery of the low calories FOR ME. It's working really well for you guys and I really like the rotation-keep the body guessing idea, but I'm not going to try it, for now. I hope that doesn't offend anyone here, and you're ok w/ me hanging around .

So, official day 1 weigh in, post month long carnage ... 173.4!! :scale: no where to go but down I suppose... The nice thing about LC after all the junk I've been eating, is that I'll have a nice water whoosh in the first few weeks which should help keep me motivated, and I can keep my coffee .

I hope you're all off to a good start this year!!
I am sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be sending you positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.
We are in the same boat, as far as gaining back our lost weight over the last month. I could lament over it, but I am trying to just accept it. You know, I loved HCG. It really changed my life. However, I just couldn't maintain it anymore. It was getting more difficult. The tricks for corrections were not working anymore. I just have to move on, too. Good Luck with LC!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!
 
FatFatnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,867
Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
I appreciate your history. I would have never have dreamed of going low carb bc I was a carb depended vegetarian for most of my life. However, I have made many changes over the last few years. I added in seafood during my pregnancies.
I really had a terrible time losing weight in life, though. I was so sick of the struggle, while playing by the rules (nutritionally), that I decided I'd do it anyway...anyhow! Enter: HCG. I've done four rounds. The first and second took me to where I wanted to be weight-wise, but I needed the other two rounds to stay there after the weight would creep back up. I ate low carb while trying to maintain. I did so many correction days...going so far as to eat only mac nuts for days. I did steak days...whatever it took.
I cracked.
Now, I am ready to go legit with the Fast Metabolism Diet. I want to get back to basics. I am going to need my body to do its job. I can't live under the demands that maintaing my weight put on me.
I have a good feeling about this WOE. I am optimistic.
As far as being non-judgemental, I get it. I get it so much that today is my new official day one. I celebrated with my oldest friends last night. Let's just say it was a complementary happy hour that sealed my fate. However, I feel awful today. The fun holiday parties have taken a toll on me physically. I am ready for the healthful change.
Today, is, so far, so good. I am going to prepare some quinoa for my future meals now so that it is ready to go.
BTW, I appreciate this board's posts, especially the menu posts. Thanks!
You sound like so many of us here. A bunch of us did multiple rounds of hcg with the same results. The first few rounds were awesome but we could never keep it off and some of us developed some really bad habits from it.

I'm hopeful that the FMD will be the end of my yo-yo dieting!

Welcome and good luck!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Ditto what FF said

I also lean more toward vegetarianism but the food never loved me...I'm so happy to eat beans on the plan and still lose
I still eat meat on the plan....but I also love the veggie options.

and I'm not sure why the hcg worked the way it did...but yeah...it messed me up in the end...I can't even count the rounds I did...all a waste with the exception of the very first. But I am also very optimistic about this plan...because it is such a normal way of eating and you still lose

The only thing I need to REALLY figure out is life long eating once I hit my goal
__________________



Goal: Maintenance
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 917
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Ive only ever done Atkins and occasionally a M/E fast since '95..before that usually the traditional low calorie stuff..Rotation diet??!! cant remember the details of that one...WW...Nutrisystem in the 80's.. ( what a waste of money!!!!!)....lost but regained AND then some each time

the number of diets alone is overwhelming.. This week I saw a diet emphasizing counting sugar calories on some tv show...seemed kinda like a low carb diet....I have couple of clients who just jumped on a mostly low carb diet with spiritual principles that seems to emphasize making low carb goodies to substitute for high carb sweets..okok maybe I got that wrong, but that may have been their favorite part....My sweet dil is doing an organic juicing thing..

.I think we are all looking for the miracle cure...each January we see the new "cures" hawked promising quick permanent painless weightloss... that this will be our LAST diet..because it IS the ultimate solution...

Ive seen so many "ultimates" come and go....the absolute WORST was the ******* scandal...a lot of really fine people doing CRAZY stuff..and becoming militant followers...that STILL makes me cringe..Anyone remember Phen=fen?? I have friends who had some serious side effects..

I don't believe in miracle cures....but I know I had to try a few to find my fit...I don't lose fast anymore...there is no race for me....I worked hard to lose the 109 lbs I lost in '95 and have regained up to 30 lbs a couple of times...
BTW losing as hard as it is , is a piece of cake compared with maintaining...I think for most of us try to return to the old ways ....there is NO miracle maintaining....just diligence and hard work..accepting our own reality..and facing our truth..

May each of you find your eating plan "fit" this year...May this be YOUR year to reach your healthy living goals!
__________________
Deb
5'9"
169.2/139.0/149
goal made 04.04.14
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 566
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Now, I realize I am on day one, but I was going to try and run this plan as long as possible, as a WOE. After I get to where I am happy (it might take two-28 day cycles), I figure I add some stuff back, but this seems pretty well-rounded.
are you getting tired of it?

Last edited by fiveninepointfive; 01-03-2014 at 12:47 PM..
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
not at all tired of it. I did eat some crap after my first 28 days...cookies and other Christmas goodies...but I need to do at least another 28 days to reach goal; so I am trying to get back on it...I have had a rough week so I figure 95% of the time, I have been good. I am just going to keep going and my goal is to be 100% cheat free starting Monday, like I was my first round. There has still been too many temptations and I need to get my head back in the game

Basically...my exercise and food have been off this week...so just keep swimming I guess
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!
 
Low Carb Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,890
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
I got the tree down but its still too snowy and clod to get my outside lights down

My DH has some nasty flu/cold thing and I'm afraid I might be getting it. I am OD-ing on Vitamin C, cold snap and anything else I can get my hands on I do not want that crap
I got a flu shot this year... I have been sick twice !!!!

I am in bed with the chills right now
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
I got a flu shot this year... I have been sick twice !!!!

I am in bed with the chills right now
ugh...my DH has had chills too. I didn't get my flu shot this year...I'm not sure what I should do. So far, I'm not catching his crap...I washed ALL the bedding today...sprayed it with Lysol the past 2 days...along with everything else in the house.

Hope you feel better soon
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,961
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
not at all offended...do what works
Olda did the FMD last year and I should have joined her...but I didn't. I went to Catalina Island for a week, and there is NO WAY I would have been able to eat...heck, I wouldn't have been able to eat LC because EVERYTHING was not even remotely healthy....so I ate what I could...I completely get it...hoping your mom is Okay
Thanks! It's so nice that you understand. We've all been there, and looking for what will work for us. I do love hearing of what is working for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
I am sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be sending you positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.
We are in the same boat, as far as gaining back our lost weight over the last month. I could lament over it, but I am trying to just accept it. You know, I loved HCG. It really changed my life. However, I just couldn't maintain it anymore. It was getting more difficult. The tricks for corrections were not working anymore. I just have to move on, too. Good Luck with LC!
Ah, the familiar refrain...sigh. Regain could/should have helped speed up our metabolisms a bit too. At least that was my plan . Not the gaining, the eating. Hcg got me lower than I've ever weighed as an adult...and I'm now hoping I'll be able to get back down there for keeps. We'll see. LC hasn't historically gotten me lower than 165... But I'm hoping it will this time .

FF-I completely agree! I too did multiple hcg rounds and wasn't able to stick my LDW. I'd have loved that though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
Ditto what FF said

I also lean more toward vegetarianism but the food never loved me...I'm so happy to eat beans on the plan and still lose
I still eat meat on the plan....but I also love the veggie options.

and I'm not sure why the hcg worked the way it did...but yeah...it messed me up in the end...I can't even count the rounds I did...all a waste with the exception of the very first. But I am also very optimistic about this plan...because it is such a normal way of eating and you still lose

The only thing I need to REALLY figure out is life long eating once I hit my goal
I think the low cals messed me up. I know it's not "supposed" to, but I'm pretty sure it did . I have been doing a lot of reading on metabolism and hope it'll all come together . Life long diligence will likely be the key .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
You sound like so many of us here. A bunch of us did multiple rounds of hcg with the same results. The first few rounds were awesome but we could never keep it off and some of us developed some really bad habits from it.

I'm hopeful that the FMD will be the end of my yo-yo dieting!

Welcome and good luck!
Yup, me too, see above I hope so too, look forward to your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Ive only ever done Atkins and occasionally a M/E fast since '95..before that usually the traditional low calorie stuff..Rotation diet??!! cant remember the details of that one...WW...Nutrisystem in the 80's.. ( what a waste of money!!!!!)....lost but regained AND then some each time

the number of diets alone is overwhelming.. This week I saw a diet emphasizing counting sugar calories on some tv show...seemed kinda like a low carb diet....I have couple of clients who just jumped on a mostly low carb diet with spiritual principles that seems to emphasize making low carb goodies to substitute for high carb sweets..okok maybe I got that wrong, but that may have been their favorite part....My sweet dil is doing an organic juicing thing..

.I think we are all looking for the miracle cure...each January we see the new "cures" hawked promising quick permanent painless weightloss... that this will be our LAST diet..because it IS the ultimate solution...

Ive seen so many "ultimates" come and go....the absolute WORST was the ******* scandal...a lot of really fine people doing CRAZY stuff..and becoming militant followers...that STILL makes me cringe..Anyone remember Phen=fen?? I have friends who had some serious side effects..

I don't believe in miracle cures....but I know I had to try a few to find my fit...I don't lose fast anymore...there is no race for me....I worked hard to lose the 109 lbs I lost in '95 and have regained up to 30 lbs a couple of times...
BTW losing as hard as it is , is a piece of cake compared with maintaining...I think for most of us try to return to the old ways ....there is NO miracle maintaining....just diligence and hard work..accepting our own reality..and facing our truth..

May each of you find your eating plan "fit" this year...May this be YOUR year to reach your healthy living goals!
Ah yes, the many years of yo-yoing, I've been there too. I've regained about 20-30lbs the past few years, with hcg helping the losing side. I'm not quite sure what my body will do on straight LC anymore. I'm hoping it'll lose.

It's good to be among you all, sounds like we've all been at this a long time and we're all pretty close to our goals. Here's to hoping this is the year we get to and stick our goals!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!
 
Low Carb Librarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,890
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
There is so much positive energy in here! I love it!
I am glad that you all found a plan that makes you happy.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 566
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Ive only ever done Atkins and occasionally a M/E fast since '95..before that usually the traditional low calorie stuff..Rotation diet??!! cant remember the details of that one...WW...Nutrisystem in the 80's.. ( what a waste of money!!!!!)....lost but regained AND then some each time

the number of diets alone is overwhelming.. This week I saw a diet emphasizing counting sugar calories on some tv show...seemed kinda like a low carb diet....I have couple of clients who just jumped on a mostly low carb diet with spiritual principles that seems to emphasize making low carb goodies to substitute for high carb sweets..okok maybe I got that wrong, but that may have been their favorite part....My sweet dil is doing an organic juicing thing..

.I think we are all looking for the miracle cure...each January we see the new "cures" hawked promising quick permanent painless weightloss... that this will be our LAST diet..because it IS the ultimate solution...

Ive seen so many "ultimates" come and go....the absolute WORST was the ******* scandal...a lot of really fine people doing CRAZY stuff..and becoming militant followers...that STILL makes me cringe..Anyone remember Phen=fen?? I have friends who had some serious side effects..

I don't believe in miracle cures....but I know I had to try a few to find my fit...I don't lose fast anymore...there is no race for me....I worked hard to lose the 109 lbs I lost in '95 and have regained up to 30 lbs a couple of times...
BTW losing as hard as it is , is a piece of cake compared with maintaining...I think for most of us try to return to the old ways ....there is NO miracle maintaining....just diligence and hard work..accepting our own reality..and facing our truth..

May each of you find your eating plan "fit" this year...May this be YOUR year to reach your healthy living goals!
Somehow, I missed the whole ******* scandal. I just looked it up...what a mess!
Accepting you own reality isn't easy. However, it's done, it's done.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!
 
oldafw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,003
Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
Morning! Day 8 of JM complete, ate on p3 yesterday except the two giant chocolate chip cookies left over from New Years Eve.
1/2 Canoli cake, 6 cupcakes and 8 giant chocolate chip cookies went in the garbage this morning. I have not learned a thing in all these years. If I see it, I eat it. Thank Goodness my naturally fit husband is just starting to feel his age a bit and was glad to see them go too!

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Love to see everyone here.

FF, does Riot like FMD too?
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
ok...wait. I have to ask...what is JM?
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member
 
fiveninepointfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 566
Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Morning! Day 8 of JM complete, ate on p3 yesterday except the two giant chocolate chip cookies left over from New Years Eve.
1/2 Canoli cake, 6 cupcakes and 8 giant chocolate chip cookies went in the garbage this morning. I have not learned a thing in all these years. If I see it, I eat it. Thank Goodness my naturally fit husband is just starting to feel his age a bit and was glad to see them go too!

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Love to see everyone here.

FF, does Riot like FMD too?
I was so happy to get most of our goodies eaten and out of the house. Then my family came home from the store with a ton of more junk food. A scary amount of different types of chips, cookies, candy. I sort of lost it a little. The chips and "goodies" we snacked on from yesteryear are gone. I don't want these chemically addictive foods to ruin my kids. They will find them at school and friend's homes,yes, but not all over my pantry.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbedD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 917
Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
We sent the few things we had left to my husband's work...I baked in very small portions and immediately pkged them up for neighbors...and stocking stuffers....
I cant have it around....I found 3 baggies with 2 cookies ea in my hubby's stash...dumped those suckers so fast the trash lid spun...

I am a sugar addict...and every day I embrace that is another day of freedom...!

Ok..ask me tomorrow if I remembered this
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!
 
oldafw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,003
Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
Just Jillian Michaels 90 day body revolution. (Which I now only have 82 days left!) lol
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #58
Junior LCF Member
 
mom24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: whittier, ca
Posts: 4
Gallery: mom24
Stats: 237/153/141
WOE: my own lc thing
Start Date: 9/14/2011
hello ladies ive been on here for a few years but always just lurked lol... anyways I would like to participate in ur challenge .. I figure it will help me take off these last 13 lbs..I kinda just got lazy over the last few months but I realize I haven't worked so hard to give up.. so my goal for 2/14 is simple down 8 lbs to 145..then keep on going
mom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,961
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Morning! Day 8 of JM complete, ate on p3 yesterday except the two giant chocolate chip cookies left over from New Years Eve.
1/2 Canoli cake, 6 cupcakes and 8 giant chocolate chip cookies went in the garbage this morning. I have not learned a thing in all these years. If I see it, I eat it. Thank Goodness my naturally fit husband is just starting to feel his age a bit and was glad to see them go too!

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Love to see everyone here.

FF, does Riot like FMD too?
I hear that!! I, personally, finished up the cookies leftover from Christmas . We'll call tht carbbing up . Good for you on the exercise! That's so good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
I was so happy to get most of our goodies eaten and out of the house. Then my family came home from the store with a ton of more junk food. A scary amount of different types of chips, cookies, candy. I sort of lost it a little. The chips and "goodies" we snacked on from yesteryear are gone. I don't want these chemically addictive foods to ruin my kids. They will find them at school and friend's homes,yes, but not all over my pantry.
This is my thing too! If they have junk at parties and friends, etc., fine. But I'm trying to make it not a "regular" thing for them. We eat out too much still, gotta reign that in more again. I let them get fries when we're out, and my 10 yo likes soda, only at restaurants. Overall, I'm trying to keep their "normal" lives healthy . Always a challenge as convenience and cost are against it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24 View Post
hello ladies ive been on here for a few years but always just lurked lol... anyways I would like to participate in ur challenge .. I figure it will help me take off these last 13 lbs..I kinda just got lazy over the last few months but I realize I haven't worked so hard to give up.. so my goal for 2/14 is simple down 8 lbs to 145..then keep on going
glad to have you here with us.

I'm down a bit already (ya gotta love the first week of Atkins! Especially coming off the junk I've been eating!!) 170.4 today (see, I told you I'd peek during the week!) almost back to the 160's which is where I've been since November and my metabolism refeed (have you guys read any Matt Stone stuff? I've been following his "eat for heat" stuff for a few months, and got a bit carried away most of December ). I should be primed to lose into the low -69's pretty easily. If I'm still stuck there at the end of the month, I'll likely be ready to start the FMD then. Dh will be away for 10 days in Feb. and it's always easier when I don't have to feed him too!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!
 
beachagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,492
Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Just Jillian Michaels 90 day body revolution. (Which I now only have 82 days left!) lol
AAAAaaaaahhhhhhh.....Gotcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
I was so happy to get most of our goodies eaten and out of the house. Then my family came home from the store with a ton of more junk food. A scary amount of different types of chips, cookies, candy. I sort of lost it a little. The chips and "goodies" we snacked on from yesteryear are gone. I don't want these chemically addictive foods to ruin my kids. They will find them at school and friend's homes, yes, but not all over my pantry.
I always kept most of the crap out of my house (I don't like nutritionally void foods) and must say it paid off...my kids are almost grown and have healthy diets, don't like fast food or really even restaurant food. They like sweets, but they eat far less than their peers...My oldest daughter went off to college and I thought she would starve...she HATED dorm food because it was too much like fast food

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
We sent the few things we had left to my husband's work...I baked in very small portions and immediately pkged them up for neighbors...and stocking stuffers....
I cant have it around....I found 3 baggies with 2 cookies ea in my hubby's stash...dumped those suckers so fast the trash lid spun...

I am a sugar addict...and every day I embrace that is another day of freedom...!

Ok..ask me tomorrow if I remembered this
I tried....but "sampled" them...and then just ate them but I did pack them off to DH's work

Last edited by beachagain; 01-04-2014 at 01:17 PM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.